Jump to topic:

Christ Often Ignored Questions and Requests

sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 3:04:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
People on this forum often complain when they're ignored.

It seems they think they are entitled to get an answer.

No matter how stupid the question is, and no matter how ridiculous the request,
people think that they're entitled to get a response.
-

Well, Christ often ignored questions, and refused to respond to requests.

And so does anyone who knows Christ, and follows him.
-

In Matthew, Chapter 12, the Scribes and Pharisees asked for a sign.

They said:"Teacher, we want to see a sign from You."

But Jesus answered and said to them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here. The queen of the South will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and indeed a greater than Solomon is here."

And again, in Matthew 16, he was asked to give them a sign.

And he denied them again, and called them out on their hypocrisy.

Matthew 16, verses 1-4:
16 Then the Pharisees and Sadducees came, and testing Him asked that He would show them a sign from heaven. 2 He answered and said to them, "When it is evening you say, "It will be fair weather, for the sky is red"; 3 and in the morning, "It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening."

Hypocrites!
You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times.
4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah."
And He left them and departed."

Then, in Matthew, Chapter 21 a bunch of religious hypocrites asked Christ a question.

And again, he refused to answer, and asked them a question.

Matthew 21, verses 23-27:
23 Now when He came into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people confronted Him as He was teaching, and said, "By what authority are You doing these things? And who gave You this authority?"

24 But Jesus answered and said to them, "I also will ask you one thing, which if you tell Me, I likewise will tell you by what authority I do these things: 25 The baptism of John"where was it from? From heaven or from men?"

And they reasoned among themselves, saying, "If we say, "From heaven," He will say to us, "Why then did you not believe him?" 26 But if we say, "From men," we fear the multitude, for all count John as a prophet." 27 So they answered Jesus and said, "We do not know."

And He said to them, "Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things."

And there are far too many examples to fit in this post, but suffice it to say:
Christ often ignored requests and questions from hypocrites.
-

Now, WHY did he act this way?
Didn't those hypocrites deserve an answer?

NO, those hypocrites did NOT deserve an answer.

The wise man said: "Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him."(Proverbs 26:4)

Christ only responded to those who came to him seeking mercy for their sins.

He didn't waste his time with hypocrites playing their games.

And neither will anyone who knows Jesus Christ.

They won't answer the questions and requests of fools.

Nor will they "cast their pearls unto swine" or "suffer fools gladly."

End of story.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 3:36:22 AM
Yeah there are people with entitlement problems. Let me add one more to the list.

People who think they can make all sorts of God claims including the threat of eternal hell fire and they can evade any scrutiny for those claims.

People who just assure themselves that they have God on their side in what they do and in what they believe and anyone who questions, opposes or puts forth a contra proposition is just being evil and of satan and is just going to hell anyway.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 3:45:23 AM
At 8/9/2014 3:36:22 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Yeah there are people with entitlement problems. Let me add one more to the list.

People who think they can make all sorts of God claims including the threat of eternal hell fire and they can evade any scrutiny for those claims.

I can, because I'm just telling you what the Word of God says.

That's all the authority I need.

And if you don't recognize that authority, it's because you are LOST.

People who just assure themselves that they have God on their side in what they do and in what they believe and anyone who questions, opposes or puts forth a contra proposition is just being evil and of satan and is just going to hell anyway.

No, that's not true.

They may or may not go to Hell.

If they die without faith in Christ, they'll go to Hell.

But God saves people all the time, so there's hope.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 3:46:09 AM

Agreed. I welcome scrutiny, when it at least appears to come from a serous desire to know. That too imitates Jesus in the he would never turn away any who had an honest request for information.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 3:47:11 AM
At 8/9/2014 3:04:42 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

-

-

But Jesus answered and said to them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here. The queen of the South will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and indeed a greater than Solomon is here."

Matthew 16, verses 1-4:
16 Then the Pharisees and Sadducees came, and testing Him asked that He would show them a sign from heaven. 2 He answered and said to them, "When it is evening you say, "It will be fair weather, for the sky is red"; 3 and in the morning, "It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening."

Hypocrites!
You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times.
4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah."

Then, in Matthew, Chapter 21 a bunch of religious hypocrites asked Christ a question.

23 Now when He came into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people confronted Him as He was teaching, and said, "By what authority are You doing these things? And who gave You this authority?"

24 But Jesus answered and said to them, "I also will ask you one thing, which if you tell Me, I likewise will tell you by what authority I do these things: 25 The baptism of John"where was it from? From heaven or from men?"

And they reasoned among themselves, saying, "If we say, "From heaven," He will say to us, "Why then did you not believe him?" 26 But if we say, "From men," we fear the multitude, for all count John as a prophet." 27 So they answered Jesus and said, "We do not know."

And He said to them, "Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things."

-

The wise man said: "Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him."(Proverbs 26:4)

Notice the last sentence. It's patently false, and easily proven to be so.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 3:49:13 AM

That's all 100% true. SovereignGrace is just an internet clown. I'd lay maybe one to two that he's an atheist posing as an ignorant Christian.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 3:53:50 AM
At 8/9/2014 3:47:11 AM, annanicole wrote:

-

-

Matthew 16, verses 1-4:

Hypocrites!

-

I knew you'd jump all over that sentence, Annanicole.

How predictable can a person be?

I meant to say he only responded kindly to those who came to him seeking mercy for their sins.

But, then again, you'll probably say that's not true either.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 3:55:10 AM

-

-

Matthew 16, verses 1-4:

Hypocrites!

-

End of story.

I sometimes suffer fools more gladly than I should, but unlike Jesus I cannot read hearts and so do not have the ability to judge their seriousness instantly, nor do I know who else may be "listening" in.

I am also the same, sometimes for far too long, with the way I cast pearls of Godly Wisdom before swine, an illustration Jesus used to describe those who were antagonistic to his teachings.

Godly Wisdom, and human wisdom are very different things and are often diametrically opposed, which is why scripture describes human wisdom as foolishness in his eyes. It also explains 1 Corinthians 1:26-31, and why so many cannot see the forest for the tree immediately in front of them.

I have often, in the past, wondered why God allowed me to see these things so clearly and obviously where much more intelligent people could not. The best answer I have ever been given is "because God wants you to" which also fits in with the 1 Corinthians scripture mentioned above, and James 1:5-8 as well as 2 Corinthians 4:3,4, which tells us that God's enemy does not want us to see the truth, and also explains why we cannot see that truth without God's help.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 4:00:46 AM
At 8/9/2014 3:45:23 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

No, that's not true.

Judging by your last paragraph you are not teaching what the bible says, nor do you know God well enough to know that he would never countenance suffering unnecessarily. Hellfire is a corruption of scriptural teachings in which fire represents, not suffering but eternal destruction, reinforced by a corruption of the illustration given by Jesus in Luke 16, which is simply designed to illustrate the change in circumstances between those who should have been shepherding God's people (The Rich man, rich in knowledge of scripture) and Lazarus (a beggar who they refused to teach, and who represents the "flock" the "Rich man" should have been caring for, not fleecing).

That is why the dead are unconscious and will remain so until the resurrection.

That is the scriptural meaning of Hell, or HAdes to use the Greek term, and is finally proven by the fact that Hell is cast into the firs, at the end of Revelation 20, thus symbolising it's complete destruction along with that of death.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 4:03:41 AM

-

-

Matthew 16, verses 1-4:

Hypocrites!

-

Then prove it, from scripture Anna. You see it is correct in the sense in which this poster uses it.

As always you suffer from a myopic view of words and a failure to understand context.
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 4:04:49 AM
At 8/9/2014 3:55:10 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

-

-

Matthew 16, verses 1-4:

Hypocrites!

-

End of story.

I sometimes suffer fools more gladly than I should, but unlike Jesus I cannot read hearts and so do not have the ability to judge their seriousness instantly, nor do I know who else may be "listening" in.

I am also the same, sometimes for far too long, with the way I cast pearls of Godly Wisdom before swine, an illustration Jesus used to describe those who were antagonistic to his teachings.

Godly Wisdom, and human wisdom are very different things and are often diametrically opposed, which is why scripture describes human wisdom as foolishness in his eyes. It also explains 1 Corinthians 1:26-31, and why so many cannot see the forest for the tree immediately in front of them.

I have often, in the past, wondered why God allowed me to see these things so clearly and obviously where much more intelligent people could not. The best answer I have ever been given is "because God wants you to" which also fits in with the 1 Corinthians scripture mentioned above, and James 1:5-8 as well as 2 Corinthians 4:3,4, which tells us that God's enemy does not want us to see the truth, and also explains why we cannot see that truth without God's help.

Yeah, the more you understand the Word of God, the more you see the futility of trying to convince people of its truth through reasoning.

The so-called "logic" of this world is perverted and unreliable.
It's actually impossible to reason with the unregenerate.

It's just best to proclaim the truth boldly and dogmatically, and to leave vengeance and mercy to God.

Christ said: "All that the Father gives me shall come to me..."
And they will come, and the rest will go to Hell.
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 4:08:39 AM
At 8/9/2014 4:00:46 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No, that's not true.

Judging by your last paragraph you are not teaching what the bible says, nor do you know God well enough to know that he would never countenance suffering unnecessarily. Hellfire is a corruption of scriptural teachings in which fire represents, not suffering but eternal destruction, reinforced by a corruption of the illustration given by Jesus in Luke 16, which is simply designed to illustrate the change in circumstances between those who should have been shepherding God's people (The Rich man, rich in knowledge of scripture) and Lazarus (a beggar who they refused to teach, and who represents the "flock" the "Rich man" should have been caring for, not fleecing).

That is why the dead are unconscious and will remain so until the resurrection.

That is the scriptural meaning of Hell, or HAdes to use the Greek term, and is finally proven by the fact that Hell is cast into the firs, at the end of Revelation 20, thus symbolising it's complete destruction along with that of death.

I'm not sure what your conclusion is, then. Are you saying there's no Hell?

Or are you saying that Hell's only for after the resurrection?

Or something else?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 4:08:54 AM

We live live in a world where anyone can make a claim about God. Unfortunately that means just because some one made a claim about God doesn't mean its true and also doesn't mean we should believe it is true.

And no just because some one claims yeah well these claims are the perfect word of God but those arn't again doesn't prove or give us good reason to believe it is so.

You accept that for the Quran, the book of mormon, the email sent by the true messengers of God and what ever else claims are being made on Gods behalf.

No, that's not true.

And cause you have "faith in Christ" you have God on your side. It's just another way of saying it.

"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 4:10:58 AM
At 8/9/2014 4:03:41 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

-

-

Matthew 16, verses 1-4:

Hypocrites!

-

Then prove it, from scripture Anna. You see it is correct in the sense in which this poster uses it.

As always you suffer from a myopic view of words and a failure to understand context.

That's easy:

" On that day there came to him Sadducees, they that say that there is no resurrection: and they asked him, saying, Teacher, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first married and deceased, and having no seed left his wife unto his brother; in like manner the second also, and the third, unto the seventh. And after them all, the woman died. In the resurrection therefore whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.

But Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as angels in heaven. But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living."

That was easy enough. The Sadducees came, not seeking mercy, but poking fun at the idea that there is a resurrection of the body. Jesus responded. What did the poster say? "Christ only responded to those who came to him seeking mercy for their sins."
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 4:11:21 AM
At 8/9/2014 4:08:54 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

We live live in a world where anyone can make a claim about God. Unfortunately that means just because some one made a claim about God doesn't mean its true and also doesn't mean we should believe it is true.

And no just because some one claims yeah well these claims are the perfect word of God but those arn't again doesn't prove or give us good reason to believe it is so.

You accept that for the Quran, the book of mormon, the email sent by the true messengers of God and what ever else claims are being made on Gods behalf.

No, that's not true.

And cause you have "faith in Christ" you have God on your side. It's just another way of saying it.

Or you could just NOT twist my words.

How about that?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 4:13:21 AM
At 8/9/2014 3:53:50 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

-

-

Matthew 16, verses 1-4:

Hypocrites!

-

I meant to say he only responded kindly to those who came to him seeking mercy for their sins.

It's not. He responded kindly to the devil. He responded kindly to the Sadducees in Matt 22, even though they asked him (what they thought was) a trick question. It's just not true at all.
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 4:19:01 AM
At 8/9/2014 4:13:21 AM, annanicole wrote:

-

-

Matthew 16, verses 1-4:

Hypocrites!

-

It's not. He responded kindly to the devil. He responded kindly to the Sadducees in Matt 22, even though they asked him (what they thought was) a trick question. It's just not true at all.

Yeah, anyway....You know very well the whole point of my post was that Christ OFTEN ignored requests and questions.

Look at the OP again, and also look at the TITLE.

It clearly says: "Christ OFTEN Ignored Questions and Requests", now doesn't it?

It's amazing how myopic (so true, MadCornish) your focus is about words when it suits you, yet you completely overlook them when it suits you.

What a troll.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 4:25:27 AM
At 8/9/2014 4:19:01 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

-

-

Matthew 16, verses 1-4:

Hypocrites!

-

Yeah, anyway....You know very well the whole point of my post was that Christ OFTEN ignored requests and questions.

Look at the OP again, and also look at the TITLE.

It clearly says: "Christ OFTEN Ignored Questions and Requests", now doesn't it?

It's amazing how myopic (so true, MadCornish) your focus is about words when it suits you, yet you completely overlook them when it suits you.

What a troll.

I saw what the OP said. That's no excuse for ignoring the fact that Jesus Christ most often responded to questions, including those of His detractors. The examples otherwise are, in fact, very few.
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 4:27:03 AM

-

-

Matthew 16, verses 1-4:

Hypocrites!

-

So, you think that telling a bunch of Jewish priests that they don't know the Scriptures nor the power of God is a compliment?

Sounds pretty unkind if you ask me!
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 4:27:49 AM
At 8/9/2014 4:11:21 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/9/2014 4:08:54 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

No, that's not true.

Or you could just NOT twist my words.

How about that?

You are making/repeating claims about God. You believe God is happy with you making those representations cause if you didn't you wouldn't be doing it now would you.

So in that regard, you think you have God on your side.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 4:38:43 AM
At 8/9/2014 4:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

-

-

Matthew 16, verses 1-4:

Hypocrites!

-

So, you think that telling a bunch of Jewish priests that they don't know the Scriptures nor the power of God is a compliment?

Telling someone that they are in error due to a lack of knowledge of the scriptures is not unkind.
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 4:53:12 AM
At 8/9/2014 4:38:43 AM, annanicole wrote:

-

-

Matthew 16, verses 1-4:

Hypocrites!

-

Telling someone that they are in error due to a lack of knowledge of the scriptures is not unkind.

Ummm...are you serious?

OK. Then let me show you the text again.

Matthew 22:29 :
"But Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God."

See?

He didn't just say "Ye do err", he said, "not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God."

That's accusing PRIESTS of not knowing the Scriptures or the power of God!!!

That's their whole PURPOSE and LIVELIHOOD, to know the Scriptures and to know God!

You don't see how that's an INSULT???
To a bunch of PRIESTS????

What's wrong with you?

Anna, just give it up. You're in WAY over your head.

You are wrong about EVERYTHING.

Would it KILL you to keep your mouth shut?

I mean, it's SAD to see you get corrected so many times.

"Even fools are thought wise when they keep silent..." (Prov. 17:8)
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 5:08:53 AM
At 8/9/2014 4:53:12 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

-

-

Matthew 16, verses 1-4:

Hypocrites!

-

Ummm...are you serious?

"But Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God."

See?

He didn't just say "Ye do err", he said, "not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God."

He didn't "accuse" them. He flat-out told them the truth.

That's their whole PURPOSE and LIVELIHOOD, to know the Scriptures and to know God!

There is nothing in the text that indicates that these Sadducees were priests in the first place, is there? If so, kindly point it out. By far most of the Sadducees were not priests at all, nor did they function as priests.

What's wrong with you?

I'm way under it, actually.

Sure, sovereign. I think we'll find that out when you provide a passage that PROVES that these Sadducees to whom Jesus spoke were .... priests. MOST Sadduccees were not priests at all, nor was every priest a Sadducee.

By whom? YOU? Imagine some tard trying to say, "Oh, Lord, that was unkind. You told 'em they erred. You told 'em they actually didn't know the scriptures. That wasn't very nice."
Kerfluffer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 5:18:28 AM
It's fine to ignore posts sometimes. I've seen pretty much everyone here do it when arguments seem to go in circles and it's not worth replying, or when the post is offensive or bait, etc. It's noble in that case. But that's not what you're doing.

What people are mostly angry about is that you presume to be speaking for God. You're using verses out of context to suit your needs and make claims like "Atheists are worse than the Devil", which is something that:
- Is hateful and offensive
- God never said
- The Bible does not actually suggest
- Does not answer well to common sense

Claiming that the Bible is the Word of God is one thing, but claiming that your Bible-influenced opinions are infallible is a different matter. For one, it shows a lack of humility, something which is supposed to be the trademark of a Christian.

Finally, using scriptures is right only in the right context. When anyone claims that "the Bible says people who wear red socks are allowed to rob banks", then it's your duty to prove them otherwise, using verses in the Bible if you must.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:00:36 AM
At 8/9/2014 5:18:28 AM, Kerfluffer wrote:
It's fine to ignore posts sometimes. I've seen pretty much everyone here do it when arguments seem to go in circles and it's not worth replying, or when the post is offensive or bait, etc. It's noble in that case. But that's not what you're doing.

What people are mostly angry about is that you presume to be speaking for God. You're using verses out of context to suit your needs and make claims like "Atheists are worse than the Devil", which is something that:
- Is hateful and offensive
- God never said
- The Bible does not actually suggest
- Does not answer well to common sense

Claiming that the Bible is the Word of God is one thing, but claiming that your Bible-influenced opinions are infallible is a different matter. For one, it shows a lack of humility, something which is supposed to be the trademark of a Christian.

Finally, using scriptures is right only in the right context. When anyone claims that "the Bible says people who wear red socks are allowed to rob banks", then it's your duty to prove them otherwise, using verses in the Bible if you must.

Humility dopes not mean ignoring the fact that you know what you are talking about. Christ was the perfect example of a humble man but did he ever say there was any doubt about what he taught? The same goes for Paul, and the other Apostles

If you don;t know it to be true you shouldn't really be teaching it.

It's not lack of humility, it is strength of faith in what the bible teaches you with the aid of holy spirit.

The simple fact is that what I teach is all a part of the most consistent, accurate religious book there has ever been. If I had not "destruction tested" what I believe I would not be teaching it. There is too much at stake to get it wrong.

Anyway, when have I ever claimed it came from me? It comes through me not from me. I have had absolute proof of that also.

The bible makes no demands of us that are not for our own eternal benefit. It may not seem like that is true at times, but it is, we just don't understand how yet.

One thing I have learned by accepting God's invitation to get to know him and to draw close to him, is that there are simply some things he wont do, but everything is his creation and he only wants what is best for it, whatever that may be.

That doesn't just mean us humans, it means the wonderful planet he gave Adam and Even to care for and nurture, with all that is on it.

God cares for all who truly care for each other. Simple as, that is why Jesus said that the two most important commandments in the law were:

You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart, your whole life, and your whole mind.

You must love your fellow man as yourself.

Can anything be more beneficial for all than that?

Ironically one of the first false accusations Satan made to Eve was that God was withholding something of benefit to them. She fell for it, and most people do today still.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:03:04 AM
At 8/9/2014 5:08:53 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/9/2014 4:53:12 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

-

-

Matthew 16, verses 1-4:

Hypocrites!

-

Ummm...are you serious?

See?

He didn't "accuse" them. He flat-out told them the truth.

There is nothing in the text that indicates that these Sadducees were priests in the first place, is there? If so, kindly point it out. By far most of the Sadducees were not priests at all, nor did they function as priests.

What's wrong with you?

I'm way under it, actually.

Sure, sovereign. I think we'll find that out when you provide a passage that PROVES that these Sadducees to whom Jesus spoke were .... priests. MOST Sadduccees were not priests at all, nor was every priest a Sadducee.

By whom? YOU? Imagine some tard trying to say, "Oh, Lord, that was unkind. You told 'em they erred. You told 'em they actually didn't know the scriptures. That wasn't very nice."

Anna, you've been in over your head as long as I've known you on
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:04:28 AM

-

-

Matthew 16, verses 1-4:

Hypocrites!

-

No, it isn't, which is why I have tried to show you your error for so long. After all, if you don;t learn to recognise your error you will remain in it.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:09:13 AM

-

-

Matthew 16, verses 1-4:

Hypocrites!

-

Jesus was always honest, often blunt, but never unkind. Would telling someone they were about to step over the edge of a cliff be unkind? That is exactly what Jesus was trying to do by telling them they were wrong, put them on the road to life, rather than death.

Because they refused to accept what he said they perished eternally, had they listened they would have been in line for a resurrection.

The only thing is, of course, when you tell someone they are wrong, you have to be 100% certain that they actually are wrong, , which is why I keep trying to point out to Anna her Pharisaic errors.

They knew the scriptures far better than she does, but still they were wrong, because they didn't want to believe certain aspects of what they said, just like Anna and all like her.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:20:02 AM
At 8/9/2014 3:49:13 AM, annanicole wrote:

That's all 100% true. SovereignGrace is just an internet clown. I'd lay maybe one to two that he's an atheist posing as an ignorant Christian.

That thought crossed my mind as well, Anna.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 10:36:34 AM

-

-

Matthew 16, verses 1-4:

Hypocrites!

-

End of story.

The flesh of Jesus was NOT CHRIST. His flesh was an illusion that God and His Word used to testify with. All us saints are used by God to speak the Word.

John 6
63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

Even Jesus knew his flesh was going to perish but the words He spoke from the invisible Christ where God's creation exists is what gives us life.

John 1
1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: He was in the beginning with God;
3: all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
4: In him was life, and the life was the light of men.