The Wisdom of Men or the Power of God?

sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 1:01:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
WHY are God's people so DOGMATIC?

Why don't they appeal to Man's logic and reasoning?

Why aren't the Scriptures more amenable to Man's reasoning?
-

The fact is, God has HIDDEN these things from "the wise and prudent."

God has FIXED it so that you HAVE to COME to HIM, to receive the truth.

You see, in order to KNOW the TRUTH, one must COME TO TRUTH HIMSELF.

JESUS CHRIST IS THE TRUTH.
And GOD must REVEAL HIM TO YOU, or you will NEVER KNOW HIM.

You must LEARN FROM HIM.
There is NO OTHER SOURCE of TRUTH.

And you WON'T COME to HIM unless GOD DRAWS YOU to HIM.

Let me show you.

Christ said:
"I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.
All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
(Matthew 11:25-30)

Now,
Many so-called "Christians" try to reason with unbelievers, as if unbelievers have an INTEREST in the TRUTH!

But they DON'T.

They're not INTERESTED in the TRUTH. They LOVE LIES.

It's only through the DOGMATIC PROCLAMATION of the GOSPEL that men are SAVED.

And those who know CHRIST, KNOW that is SO, by their own EXPERIENCE.

Did the Apostle Paul speak according to the wisdom of men, or did he speak "in demonstration of the Spirit and of power"?

Did he attempt to explain every mystery and satisfy human logic, or did he "speak the wisdom of God in a mystery"?

The so-called "apologetics" of modern-day Christianity are just the products of foolish men.
(Or in the case of Annanicole, of rebellious women, who ought to be silent.)

The Apostle Paul, and every minister sent of God in this world, knows that NOBODY will come to Christ based on EVIDENCE.

It just doesn't work that way.

The natural man CAN'T discern the truth at all, because he does not have GOD'S SPIRIT.

So, it is FUTILE to appeal to him through REASON.

NO AMOUNT of LOGIC or REASONING will CONVINCE HIM.

The things of God are just "foolishness" to him.

-
How many genuine conversions every came about through presenting "EVIDENCE"?

NOT ONE.

NOT EVER.

It's NOT POSSIBLE.

But how many conversions came about under the preaching of the Gospel?

UNTOLD NUMBERS, that are IMPOSSIBLE to ESTIMATE.

Paul said:

2 "And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. 2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, 8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 But as it is written:

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

13 These things we also speak, not in words which man"s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For "who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ."

So, how is a sinner saved?
Through the WISDOM of MEN or the POWER of GOD?

Without a doubt, it's through the POWER of GOD.

Paul said:
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek."

He said:

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

19 For it is written:

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men."

AMEN.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 1:42:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/9/2014 1:01:47 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
WHY are God's people so DOGMATIC?

Why don't they appeal to Man's logic and reasoning?

Why aren't the Scriptures more amenable to Man's reasoning?

The scriptures are very appealing to logic and reason.
-

The fact is, God has HIDDEN these things from "the wise and prudent."

God has FIXED it so that you HAVE to COME to HIM, to receive the truth.

But, according to you, they can't "come to Him" unless he first directly and miraculously are "enlightened" and "drawn."

You see, in order to KNOW the TRUTH, one must COME TO TRUTH HIMSELF.

JESUS CHRIST IS THE TRUTH.
And GOD must REVEAL HIM TO YOU, or you will NEVER KNOW HIM.

He is revealed in the scriptures.

You must LEARN FROM HIM.
There is NO OTHER SOURCE of TRUTH.

And you WON'T COME to HIM unless GOD DRAWS YOU to HIM.

God draws through the word.

Let me show you.

Christ said:
"I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.
All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
(Matthew 11:25-30)

Now,
Many so-called "Christians" try to reason with unbelievers, as if unbelievers have an INTEREST in the TRUTH!

But they DON'T.

Some do.

They're not INTERESTED in the TRUTH. They LOVE LIES.

It's only through the DOGMATIC PROCLAMATION of the GOSPEL that men are SAVED.

Nahhh, it's through the "miraculous, direct, literal, one-on-one operation of the Holy Spirit", according to you. You can "proclaim" til hell freezes over. You claim that the gospel isn't powerful enough without something extra.

And those who know CHRIST, KNOW that is SO, by their own EXPERIENCE.

Did the Apostle Paul speak according to the wisdom of men, or did he speak "in demonstration of the Spirit and of power"?

Did he attempt to explain every mystery and satisfy human logic, or did he "speak the wisdom of God in a mystery"?

The so-called "apologetics" of modern-day Christianity are just the products of foolish men.
(Or in the case of Annanicole, of rebellious women, who ought to be silent.)

All false teachers should be silent, really. If they were, you wouldn't be posting.

The Apostle Paul, and every minister sent of God in this world, knows that NOBODY will come to Christ based on EVIDENCE.

It just doesn't work that way.

Yes, it does. Shoot, you claim it takes a miracle.

The natural man CAN'T discern the truth at all, because he does not have GOD'S SPIRIT.

... and what does "natural man" mean? Be sure and give all the possible meanings.

So, it is FUTILE to appeal to him through REASON.

NO AMOUNT of LOGIC or REASONING will CONVINCE HIM.

The things of God are just "foolishness" to him.

-
How many genuine conversions every came about through presenting "EVIDENCE"?

NOT ONE.

NOT EVER.

That's funny. The apostle Peter presented evidence after evidence in Acts 2, and convinced 3,000 people.

It's NOT POSSIBLE.

But how many conversions came about under the preaching of the Gospel?

"Preaching the gospel" is "preaching evidence.". "Knowing therefore the fear of the Lord, we persuade men ... "

UNTOLD NUMBERS, that are IMPOSSIBLE to ESTIMATE.

Paul said:

2 "And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. 2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, 8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 But as it is written:

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

13 These things we also speak, not in words which man"s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For "who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ."

So, how is a sinner saved?
Through the WISDOM of MEN or the POWER of GOD?

Through the power of God, the gospel - and nothing more or less than the gospel.

Without a doubt, it's through the POWER of GOD.

Paul said:
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek."

He said:

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

19 For it is written:

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men."

AMEN.

The trouble is: you do not believe in the power of the gospel at all. Not even close. No, no, no. You think it's the gospel - PLUS. It's always ... PLUS. And that PLUS is your downfall. You are in error on the nature of man. You are in error on the power of the gospel. You are just in error, period.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."