Jump to topic:

christian persicution of muslims.

banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2010 7:49:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Th christen showed no mercy: They didn't spare women and children, or even a 4-day-old baby, from their machetes. On Monday, Nigerian women wailed in the streets as a dump truck carried dozens of bodies past burned-out homes toward a mass grave. Rubber-gloved workers pulled ever-smaller bodies from the dump truck and tossed them into the mass grave. A crowd began singing a hymn with the refrain, "Jesus said I am the way to heaven." As the grave filled, the grieving crowd sang: "Jesus, show me the way." At least 200 people, most of them Christians, were slaughtered on Sunday, according to residents, aid groups and journalists. The local government gave a figure more than twice that amount, but offered no casualty list or other information to substantiate it. An Associated Press reporter counted 61 corpses, 32 of them children, being buried in the mass grave in the village of Dogo Nahawa on Monday. Other victims would be buried elsewhere. At a local morgue the bodies of children, including a diaper-clad toddler, were tangled together. One appeared to have been scalped. Others had severed hands and feet. The horrific violence comes after sectarian killings in this region in January left more than 300 dead, most of them Muslim. Some victims were shoved into sewer pits and communal wells. Sunday's bloodshed in three mostly Christian villages appeared to be reprisal attacks, said Red Cross spokesman Robin Waubo. Nigeria is almost evenly split between Muslims in the north and the predominantly Christian south. The recent bloodshed has been happening in central Nigeria, in towns which lie along the country's religious fault line. It is Nigeria's "middle belt," where dozens of ethnic groups vie for control of fertile lands. The Rev. Pandang Yamsat, the president of a local Christian group, said he has urged his congregation not to respond violently to Muslims. However, he said he believes Muslims in the area want to control the region and that any peace talks would only give Muslims "time to conquer territory with swords." "We have done our best to tell our members, 'don't go and attack Muslims, they are your brother,'" Yamsat said. However, "'if they come to dislodge you in your place, stand to defend yourself.'" Barely controlled rage spilled over in the village as those gathered for the mass burial attacked a Muslim journalist covering the event. The journalist escaped, but others made threats against reporters. The Rev. Federico Lombardi, a Vatican spokesman, condemned the violence and said Monday that the conflict must be interpreted in the light of social, economic, ethnic and cultural factors rather than religious hatred. The killings add to the tally of thousands who have already perished in Africa's most populous country in the last decade due to religious and political frictions. Rioting in September 2001 killed more than 1,000 people. Muslim-Christian battles killed up to 700 people in 2004. More than 300 residents died during a similar uprising in 2008. The killings in Dogo Nahawa, three miles (five kilometers) south of the region's main city of Jos, began early Sunday.
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2010 8:04:40 PM
And I could show plenty of mu slims kill Christians. Christians kill Atheists, Atheists kill Christians, Muslims kill Atheists.

What exactly do you want to achieve in this thread?
kfc
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2010 8:20:49 PM
Good, banker is finally acknowledging the fact that muslims aren't the only religious group that can be violent and go around killing non-believers.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 3:40:42 AM
I don't really care, I just can't be arsed to wade through his tripe.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 3:49:48 AM
Sorry it was muslims persicution of christians as usual sorry for my misunderstanding..!
http://newsmax.com...

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 3:54:49 AM
At 3/10/2010 3:49:48 AM, banker wrote:
Sorry it was muslims persicution of christians as usual sorry for my misunderstanding..!
http://newsmax.com...

What is your doctorate in?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 4:22:14 AM
Cereb please elaberate.! I wonder what you asking.?
What do you mean.? About my doctorate ..?and how is it effecting the issue of persicution of christians.? How is it a relation to this topic..? Sorry for my geting logical and confused by your post.!

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 4:50:19 AM
At 3/10/2010 4:22:14 AM, banker wrote:
What do you mean.? About my doctorate ..?and how is it effecting the issue of persicution of christians.? How is it a relation to this topic..? Sorry for my geting logical and confused by your post.!

I am asking you, as I have done many times before, in what subject is it that you hold a doctorate? It is not related to this topic, I'd start a new thread if I thought you would reply.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 5:04:11 AM
It amazes me how talented you are with your gibberish ..! As you said its not related to the topic and yet it is in this topic...! Its sad that my comperhansion skills on gibberish,is equel to yours on logical topics..! I realize you will persue with your effords to continue to educate me with your gibberish..!! Just to give the audiance a good exhibit of your iq...!!

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 5:14:45 AM
At 3/10/2010 5:04:11 AM, banker wrote:
It amazes me how talented you are with your gibberish ..!

Wow, that statement is just full of win coming from you, banker.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 8:09:50 AM
At 3/9/2010 8:20:49 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Good, banker is finally acknowledging the fact that muslims aren't the only religious group that can be violent and go around killing non-believers.

Yep... They just have a particular penchant for it as their religion apparently endorses it

Beheading those who "oppose" islam

That's not make war against, just those who act in opposition to.

Like me. who would advocate abandoning such a belief.

Plus I don't see why a distinction should be made in this matter between the Arabian penninsula and off of it. God is god everywhere, and "Opposing" him is "opposing" him.

If one deserves death for it in the Arabian penninsula, one deserves death for it anywhere.

Therefore islam really does endorse killing people just b/c they believe something else. I can understand why Terrorists think there actions are justified from an Islamic perspective.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 8:26:25 AM
At 3/10/2010 4:50:19 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/10/2010 4:22:14 AM, banker wrote:

I am asking you, as I have done many times before, in what subject is it that you hold a doctorate? It is not related to this topic, I'd start a new thread if I thought you would reply.

Done.

http://www.debate.org...

There, I created a new topic, just for Banker so he can tell us all about his education.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 10:17:40 AM
At 3/10/2010 5:04:11 AM, banker wrote:
It amazes me how talented you are with your gibberish ..!

Why is this so hilarious coming from banker? :)
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 10:19:18 AM
At 3/10/2010 8:09:50 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Yep... They just have a particular penchant for it as their religion apparently endorses it

Beheading those who "oppose" islam

That's not make war against, just those who act in opposition to.

Like me. who would advocate abandoning such a belief.

Plus I don't see why a distinction should be made in this matter between the Arabian penninsula and off of it. God is god everywhere, and "Opposing" him is "opposing" him.

If one deserves death for it in the Arabian penninsula, one deserves death for it anywhere.

Therefore islam really does endorse killing people just b/c they believe something else. I can understand why Terrorists think there actions are justified from an Islamic perspective.

No, people can believe whatever they want. I don't care. They're the ones who'll end up in hellfire, not me.
nickthengineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 11:57:43 AM

True. But the real question is whether or not Christians killing muslims are doing so because the Bible commands them to. It does not. So an instance of a Christian killing a Muslim could also be described as a man killing a woman, an old person killing a baby, a white person killing a black person, or whatever else you want to highlight about the two people in question. Highlighting the religions of a murderer and a murderee says nothing about the religions themselves unless you can prove that the murderer was acting in accordance with what his/her religion commands.

In short, the Bible does not command the murder of Muslims, but, well, you see where I'm going.
I evolved from stupid. (http://www.debate.org...)
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 12:05:51 PM
At 3/10/2010 11:57:43 AM, nickthengineer wrote:

True. But the real question is whether or not Christians killing muslims are doing so because the Bible commands them to. It does not. So an instance of a Christian killing a Muslim could also be described as a man killing a woman, an old person killing a baby, a white person killing a black person, or whatever else you want to highlight about the two people in question. Highlighting the religions of a murderer and a murderee says nothing about the religions themselves unless you can prove that the murderer was acting in accordance with what his/her religion commands.

In short, the Bible does not command the murder of Muslims, but, well, you see where I'm going.

Well the Qur'an doesn't command the killing of Christians either so both of these groups are twisting their own beliefs in order to justify murdering non-believers.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 1:38:15 PM
At 3/10/2010 11:57:43 AM, nickthengineer wrote:

True. But the real question is whether or not Christians killing muslims are doing so because the Bible commands them to.

Not really no, for all practical considerations a religion is not defined by it's holy texts. It is best to consider a religion in terms of it's fruits. Thus we see that Christianity has been emasculated for the good of society and is now even potentially a force for good. Islam on the other hand is yet to crippled by due liberal process. But they are both in truth a product of cultural forces.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 5:03:37 PM
Cereb not to disrespect your culture,but if logic would be permisable,wouldn't it be unlocigal to promote bigoted believes?
The facts are out there "not all muslims are terrorists,but all terrorists are muslim"
As you admited to that..! Since you said that the reason for muslim terror is culture not religion" transelation:its a arab thing not a muslim thing...! That's bigotry!!! (Sorry your excused you where not logical cereb-due to your culture-its not that your bad)
Not to offend your culture or your gibberish talent ,how coincidently did bloody borders of islam devalop true all continants regardless of culture.? Iranians are not arab..!! But they hang kids and are hatefull.!!
Its sad that you became a education lavel expert too late...!!

mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 7:09:47 PM
At 3/10/2010 10:19:18 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

No, people can believe whatever they want. I don't care. They're the ones who'll end up in hellfire, not me.

So you wouldn't follow Mirza in ensuring that proselytizing Apostates get beheaded?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 7:11:00 PM
At 3/10/2010 7:09:47 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 3/10/2010 10:19:18 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

So you wouldn't follow Mirza in ensuring that proselytizing Apostates get beheaded?

It seems to me that he's pretty sure this is The Right (according to Islam) thing to do.

Metaphysics:
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 4:18:08 AM
At 3/10/2010 5:03:37 PM, banker wrote:
Cereb not to disrespect your culture,but if logic would be permisable,wouldn't it be unlocigal to promote bigoted believes?

What is you are trying to say?

The facts are out there "not all muslims are terrorists,but all terrorists are muslim"

Well that is not a fact, we have the Lord's Resistance Army, the IDF, Baathists, the IRA, Mcveigh, the 101st Airborne... all non-Muslim terrorists.

As you admited to that..!

No I didn't.

Since you said that the reason for muslim terror is culture not religion"

No, close, but not actually what I said.

transelation:its a arab thing not a muslim thing...!

Not all Muslims are arabs, not all Muslim extremists or terrorists are arabs.

That's bigotry!!!

Then you are a bigot.

(Sorry your excused you where not logical cereb-due to your culture-its not that your bad)

Can you try again in English?

Not to offend your culture or your gibberish talent ,how coincidently did bloody borders of islam devalop true all continants regardless of culture.? Iranians are not arab..!! But they hang kids and are hatefull.!!

How does this rebute, support, or expand my original point?

Its sad that you became a education lavel expert too late...!!

Again, please use English! What is an education lavel?
BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 4:38:07 AM
It seems Banker has moved on to Christians now....very well.

The reason that Muslims are being persecuted (might i add that is with an 'e'), is becuase they are causing mass amount of suffering among many other innocent people whos lives are at stake everyday. Theyre not being killed merely as toys. Look at the facts, more Christians die in the Afghanistani war than Muslims do in a single month. Just think about it.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 5:01:08 AM
I would easly go far enough to say anyone who kills volentarly yet calls themselves Christians, really aren't at all. These circumstances are merely excuses to pick on Christianity, or shall we say corrcupt moral men and woman who call themselves Christians.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 6:18:05 AM
Bellum the victims here are christans..!
The killers here as usual are muslim...!!
Point was to get insert and cereb who defend the jihadists to prove their hypocricey...!!!

banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 6:22:41 AM
Here is the story of islamic persecution of christians now will the insert cereb team change.?

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 6:36:02 AM
At 3/11/2010 6:18:05 AM, banker wrote:
Bellum the victims here are christans..!
The killers here as usual are muslim...!!
Point was to get insert and cereb who defend the jihadists to prove their hypocricey...!!!

Insert is a moderate Muslim, I don't believe she has ever defended the 'Jihadists'. As for me I've hardly taken a pro-Muslim line have I? It appears that your comprehension matches your spelling.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 6:39:31 AM
At 3/11/2010 6:22:41 AM, banker wrote:
Here is the story of islamic persecution of christians now will the insert cereb team change.?

As much as I would love to find myself teamed with insert I fail to see how allegations of Islamic persecution of Christianity would change either of our views. For insert they are not of her faith so are irrelevant (I am assuming here), for me it only enforces my views.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 6:51:49 AM
Cereb now that its christians persicuted its only "allegations"

Coming from one who belives in a whole line of conspiracies..! Like terrorist of a whole list like idf...!

I am sure cereb would agree that bush did 911...!

Just to prove my point cereb please inform us on your opinion about "not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslim"

I might have my own resorvation of this popular saying since you have others like "peta" and "green peace"

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 7:15:43 AM
At 3/11/2010 6:51:49 AM, banker wrote:

That is how I express myself, especially in the light of the fact that I would not generally bother to click on your links.

Coming from one who belives in a whole line of conspiracies..! Like terrorist of a whole list like idf...!

Not sure what you are trying to say, a terrorist is someone who employs violence and intimidation against civilians to achieve military or political goals. Hence the IDF is a terrorist organisation.

No, that would be a gross oversimplification.

Just to prove my point cereb please inform us on your opinion about "not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslim"

I already have thanks.

I might have my own resorvation of this popular saying since you have others like "peta" and "green peace"

Well good for you, so as we both agree this statement is false why are you so keen to defend it!
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 8:02:41 AM
At 3/11/2010 7:15:43 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/11/2010 6:51:49 AM, banker wrote:

That is how I express myself, especially in the light of the fact that I would not generally bother to click on your links.

unless its accusations against idf who is a teror organization based on you and iran...!!

Not sure what you are trying to say, a terrorist is someone who employs violence and intimidation against civilians to achieve military or political goals. Hence the IDF is a terrorist organisation.

same explenation like iran and why some belive our iraq mission is terror..!! but at the same time are not even aware of islamic bloody borders..!!

No, that would be a gross oversimplification.

I already have thanks.

Well good for you, so as we both agree this statement is false why are you so keen to defend it!

every rule has its exceptions...!! just like your agreeing with me on peta and green peace is a exception..!!