Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Aliens will never visit us.

CountCheechula
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2014 3:47:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
In order for their to be life you need water. If any planet is going to have intelligent life it must be the same age or older. It must have similar gravity, laws of physics. Same distant to a similar Sun. Possibly even a Moon for tides. It will have the same atmosphere and similar gases, solids, and liquids.
So odd are if intelligent were found they might be just like us. The problem is we don't live that long. For the nearest possible Earth-like planet is much too far for several generations and what about supplies and fuel? The same obstacles we face in mass space travel. Aliens shall never come if they even exist anyways...
Every man shall kneel and every tongue will confess.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2014 4:11:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/11/2014 3:47:04 PM, CountCheechula wrote:
In order for their to be life you need water. If any planet is going to have intelligent life it must be the same age or older. It must have similar gravity, laws of physics. Same distant to a similar Sun. Possibly even a Moon for tides. It will have the same atmosphere and similar gases, solids, and liquids.
So odd are if intelligent were found they might be just like us. The problem is we don't live that long. For the nearest possible Earth-like planet is much too far for several generations and what about supplies and fuel? The same obstacles we face in mass space travel. Aliens shall never come if they even exist anyways...

God has given many of His people illusions called aliens to observe. Most people get other things to perceive as being real in this world of illusions like religion, politics, science, etc.
Arasa
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2014 5:10:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/11/2014 3:47:04 PM, CountCheechula wrote:
In order for their to be life you need water. If any planet is going to have intelligent life it must be the same age or older. It must have similar gravity, laws of physics. Same distant to a similar Sun. Possibly even a Moon for tides. It will have the same atmosphere and similar gases, solids, and liquids.
So odd are if intelligent were found they might be just like us. The problem is we don't live that long. For the nearest possible Earth-like planet is much too far for several generations and what about supplies and fuel? The same obstacles we face in mass space travel. Aliens shall never come if they even exist anyways...

I won't get into a debate here on this particular forum, but if this subject interests you, then research to your heart's content, the "Fine Tuning" of the universe. Bear in mind beforehand that it is a secular theory intended to aid in the disproving of God's own existence. Ironically, it highlights the incredulity of a universe without God's intent to create the earth as it is. The sheer number of 0's after the decimal and before the 1 are so overwhelming that science, in order to maintain its reasonability, has to conclude either that A) God exists, or B) there is only one, maybe as many as four, life-permitting planet in the universe. Not just this galaxy, but the entire universe!

Definitely worth some time to research for both sides of the discussion!

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind
CountCheechula
Posts: 29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2014 6:13:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Rare Earth hypothesis, put forth by two scientists named Peter Ward and Donald E. Brownlee, suggests that since the development of life as it is on Earth was the result of a laundry list of geological and astrophysical events so cosmically random yet so crucially specific down to the smallest detail, it is ball-smashingly unlikely for a comparable civilization to have come into being anywhere else in the universe. That is, while some kind of bacteria or algae or cosmic mushroom may exist underneath some rocks on some far distant planet, the chances of there being another race of intelligent and industrious living things are about the same as you winning the lottery every single day for the rest of your life and then dying on the morning of your 200th birthday after getting struck directly in the face by Doc Brown's time train.

First of all, the position of a solar system is vital -- if it's too close to the center of the galaxy, everything will get melted by supernova radiation, but if it's too far along the edge of the galaxy it won't be able to support life. Then, the star at the center of the solar system can't be too old, too bright, or too big, otherwise complex life won't develop (complex life is very fussy). Finally, the planet on which said life develops has to be in a perfect orbit. In Earth's case, if the orbit was 5 percent smaller or 15 percent larger we would all freeze or burn to death, respectively. The size and location of our moon keeps the planet on a stable axis, preventing rapid and cataclysmic climate changes -- if we didn't have exactly one moon of the exact shape and size orbiting at its exact distance, we would all be superdead (and likely would never have existed to begin with).

The sequence of geologic eras even plays a crucial part -- if the Mesozoic had occurred after the Cenozoic, for example, the exact conditions needed for human life to develop might never have been met, upsetting the evolutionary order and resulting in a race of dinosaur humans.

Broadcasting "2 Girls,1 Cup" into space also hasn't helped.

Even the other planets in the solar system can have an effect. For example, Jupiter plays a huge role in keeping us all alive because it acts like a giant defensive lineman, blocking us from cosmic debris and world-ending asteroids like a celestial Olin Kreutz. There are innumerable other variables, all of which played a part in intelligent life appearing on just one planet out of an entire galaxy. The odds of every one of those things falling into place in the exact configuration necessary to duplicate both the existence and success of human beings are virtually nonexistent. Therefore, the fact that we haven't made contact with any alien civilizations is probably because there isn't anything out there to contact.
Every man shall kneel and every tongue will confess.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2014 7:43:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/11/2014 3:47:04 PM, CountCheechula wrote:
In order for their to be life you need water. If any planet is going to have intelligent life it must be the same age or older. It must have similar gravity, laws of physics. Same distant to a similar Sun. Possibly even a Moon for tides. It will have the same atmosphere and similar gases, solids, and liquids.
So odd are if intelligent were found they might be just like us. The problem is we don't live that long. For the nearest possible Earth-like planet is much too far for several generations and what about supplies and fuel? The same obstacles we face in mass space travel. Aliens shall never come if they even exist anyways...

You want to talk about life on planets other than Earth, then apply standards which apply to Earthly life. Certainly we know what life as has developed and evolved on this planet is like, what it requires, and what it mustn't have. But that doesn't mean that the same or even similar, forms of life would come to exist on other planets. Take the tardigrade for example. It's a form of Earthly life which can lose 97% of its bodily hydration for a period of 10-years, can withstand temperatures near absolute zero, heat of over 300 degrees Fahrenheit, radiation 1000 times higher than a human, and can survive the vacuum of space. And yet, it's relatively consistent with the standard forms of life on Earth.

So what might develop and evolve on other planets is really anyone's guess. NASA is still struggling with the idea of attempting to identify life on other planets, while not really knowing what forms of life they might be looking for.

https://www.youtube.com...
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2014 8:05:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/11/2014 3:47:04 PM, CountCheechula wrote:
In order for their to be life you need water.

For Earth-like life, yes. We do not know if there could be other types of life or not yet.

If any planet is going to have intelligent life it must be the same age or older.

Not really, it isn't going to be "young", but it only has to be old enough that evolution on that planet allowed intelligent life to form.

It must have similar gravity,

Not really.

laws of physics.

The laws of physics are the same everywhere, so that is no problem.

Same distant to a similar Sun.

Actually, no. The moon Europa might have life on it, we do not know yet. It is one of Jupiter's moons. The planet (or moon) only has to be in a position where water can exist as a liquid, and that is only for life as we know it.

Possibly even a Moon for tides.

Why would that be needed?

It will have the same atmosphere and similar gases, solids, and liquids.

Why? There is no reason to think that is needed.

So odd are if intelligent were found they might be just like us. The problem is we don't live that long. For the nearest possible Earth-like planet is much too far for several generations and what about supplies and fuel?

It all depends on if a Warp Drive is developed. NASA has an idea of how to make one, only problem is it requires exotic matter.

So, if we (or they) have a warp drive, that cuts the time down TREMENDOUSLY.

Also, the best type of energy to use would be matter-antimatter, but that in only if we can find a source of already existing antimatter. If not, there are forms of Nuclear energy that could work.

Supplies would depend on the length of the trip, but it might not be much of a problem either.

The same obstacles we face in mass space travel. Aliens shall never come if they even exist anyways...

Not true, it just depends on the technology available. We are not yet at the level of technology to do it, but that does not mean aliens (if they are out there) don't or won't have.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2014 9:48:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/11/2014 5:10:50 PM, Arasa wrote:
At 8/11/2014 3:47:04 PM, CountCheechula wrote:
In order for their to be life you need water. If any planet is going to have intelligent life it must be the same age or older. It must have similar gravity, laws of physics. Same distant to a similar Sun. Possibly even a Moon for tides. It will have the same atmosphere and similar gases, solids, and liquids.
So odd are if intelligent were found they might be just like us. The problem is we don't live that long. For the nearest possible Earth-like planet is much too far for several generations and what about supplies and fuel? The same obstacles we face in mass space travel. Aliens shall never come if they even exist anyways...

I won't get into a debate here on this particular forum, but if this subject interests you, then research to your heart's content, the "Fine Tuning" of the universe. Bear in mind beforehand that it is a secular theory intended to aid in the disproving of God's own existence. Ironically, it highlights the incredulity of a universe without God's intent to create the earth as it is. The sheer number of 0's after the decimal and before the 1 are so overwhelming that science, in order to maintain its reasonability, has to conclude either that A) God exists, or B) there is only one, maybe as many as four, life-permitting planet in the universe. Not just this galaxy, but the entire universe!

Definitely worth some time to research for both sides of the discussion!

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind

You seem to have it backwards. Fine tuning has mainly been used by people who believed that God created this universe, as a proof that God exists. It was the atheists, the secularists that later came and demonstrated that Fine tuning is both fundementally flawed and does not prove that God exists.
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2014 11:47:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/11/2014 9:48:02 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/11/2014 5:10:50 PM, Arasa wrote:
At 8/11/2014 3:47:04 PM, CountCheechula wrote:
In order for their to be life you need water. If any planet is going to have intelligent life it must be the same age or older. It must have similar gravity, laws of physics. Same distant to a similar Sun. Possibly even a Moon for tides. It will have the same atmosphere and similar gases, solids, and liquids.
So odd are if intelligent were found they might be just like us. The problem is we don't live that long. For the nearest possible Earth-like planet is much too far for several generations and what about supplies and fuel? The same obstacles we face in mass space travel. Aliens shall never come if they even exist anyways...

I won't get into a debate here on this particular forum, but if this subject interests you, then research to your heart's content, the "Fine Tuning" of the universe. Bear in mind beforehand that it is a secular theory intended to aid in the disproving of God's own existence. Ironically, it highlights the incredulity of a universe without God's intent to create the earth as it is. The sheer number of 0's after the decimal and before the 1 are so overwhelming that science, in order to maintain its reasonability, has to conclude either that A) God exists, or B) there is only one, maybe as many as four, life-permitting planet in the universe. Not just this galaxy, but the entire universe!

Definitely worth some time to research for both sides of the discussion!

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind

You seem to have it backwards. Fine tuning has mainly been used by people who believed that God created this universe, as a proof that God exists. It was the atheists, the secularists that later came and demonstrated that Fine tuning is both fundementally flawed and does not prove that God exists.

Hogwash about "atheists and secularists..demonstrating Fine Tuning is fundamentally flawed.." Go look at what they call "proof" which is empty statistics with no signs of intelligent life seen in over 37 years of looking.

As usual, spiritual consciousness beat the scientists to this conclusion which was by written in 1979 by your Celestial Torah Christian prophet-at-large as part of spiritual revelation from God:

"Since everywhere eventually becomes the same, there won't be many signs of Others*

Because our universe is finite there is an end conceivable to the discovery of new places and new physical laws. There will not be many, perhaps not any, traces of other space traveling civilizations because at this point of understanding the only real unknown lies in the realm of the Spirit. Like the Bermuda Triangle, Black Holes stand as symbols to all scientists that the real ultimate mystery lies in that other realm beyond the physical.

And this Update: * Famed alien hunter quits research center after 35 years of searching

Wed, 05/23/2012 - 10:33am

Los Angeles Times staff

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. -- Astronomer Jill Tarter -- perhaps the best-known, real-life alien hunter around -- is stepping down as head of the Center for SETI Research, halting a 35-year career of actively searching for extraterrestrial intelligence."
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 12:46:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/11/2014 11:47:06 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:

Hogwash about "atheists and secularists..demonstrating Fine Tuning is fundamentally flawed.." Go look at what they call "proof" which is empty statistics with no signs of intelligent life seen in over 37 years of looking.
Crawl down off your primitive pulpit and pull up a chair. Sit down like a thinking human.

The problem with the fine-tuning argument is that it tries to paint the universe as existing for the purpose of housing Earthly life. That's not the way any environment works. The life forms to fit the environment. The environment doesn't form to fit the life which may - or may not - develop there later.

You're looking at the puddle in amazement at how well the ground has adapted to fit the shape of the water. It's the other way around. Can you even attempt to argue with that?

As usual, spiritual consciousness beat the scientists to this conclusion which was by written in 1979 by your Celestial Torah Christian prophet-at-large as part of spiritual revelation from God:
A better term for "spiritual consciousness" would be "brain death". When one applies no more reasoning than is required to accept an irrational assertion like spirituality, they're wasting everything from the spinal cord and medula, up. There is absolutely not a shred of objective evidence for the existence of anything "spiritual". Sink your primitive enzymes into that and let the reality take hold.


"Since everywhere eventually becomes the same, there won't be many signs of Others*

Because our universe is finite there is an end conceivable to the discovery of new places and new physical laws.
That's a total non-sequitur. That's like saying since the oceans have coastlines, there must be somewhere mid-ocean where water and air are the same thing. You're simply not making any sense. Nothing about the finite nature of the universe even suggests that it's possible for the laws of physics to change.

There will not be many, perhaps not any, traces of other space traveling civilizations because at this point of understanding the only real unknown lies in the realm of the Spirit.
Which is about as unknown as fairies and Leprechauns.

Like the Bermuda Triangle, Black Holes stand as symbols to all scientists that the real ultimate mystery lies in that other realm beyond the physical.
At least try to apply some cognitive processing to the silly superstitious nonsense that you hear. Multiple sources from Lloyds of London insurance statistics to Coast Guard records, to NTSB records show that the number of lost craft in the Bermuda triangle shows no statistical variation with averages for other parts of the world.

Black holes offer no evidence of anything lying beyond the physical. I don't know from where you obtain such ridiculous ideas but all this does is demonstrate your ignorance in regard to physics.

And this Update: * Famed alien hunter quits research center after 35 years of searching
Are you aware that we can effectively search only a relatively very tiny region?

Wed, 05/23/2012 - 10:33am

Los Angeles Times staff

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. -- Astronomer Jill Tarter -- perhaps the best-known, real-life alien hunter around -- is stepping down as head of the Center for SETI Research, halting a 35-year career of actively searching for extraterrestrial intelligence."

And SETI only searches for patterned radio signals emanating from space. I have no specific belief in regard to extraterrestrial life other than to acknowledge that statistically, other forms of life must exist. But your arguments make it sound like you have absolutely no clue of the vastness of even the observable universe. How does one search for life when you have no real idea what limits may be imposed upon the full range of life?
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 2:01:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/11/2014 11:47:06 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
At 8/11/2014 9:48:02 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/11/2014 5:10:50 PM, Arasa wrote:
At 8/11/2014 3:47:04 PM, CountCheechula wrote:
In order for their to be life you need water. If any planet is going to have intelligent life it must be the same age or older. It must have similar gravity, laws of physics. Same distant to a similar Sun. Possibly even a Moon for tides. It will have the same atmosphere and similar gases, solids, and liquids.
So odd are if intelligent were found they might be just like us. The problem is we don't live that long. For the nearest possible Earth-like planet is much too far for several generations and what about supplies and fuel? The same obstacles we face in mass space travel. Aliens shall never come if they even exist anyways...

I won't get into a debate here on this particular forum, but if this subject interests you, then research to your heart's content, the "Fine Tuning" of the universe. Bear in mind beforehand that it is a secular theory intended to aid in the disproving of God's own existence. Ironically, it highlights the incredulity of a universe without God's intent to create the earth as it is. The sheer number of 0's after the decimal and before the 1 are so overwhelming that science, in order to maintain its reasonability, has to conclude either that A) God exists, or B) there is only one, maybe as many as four, life-permitting planet in the universe. Not just this galaxy, but the entire universe!

Definitely worth some time to research for both sides of the discussion!

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind

You seem to have it backwards. Fine tuning has mainly been used by people who believed that God created this universe, as a proof that God exists. It was the atheists, the secularists that later came and demonstrated that Fine tuning is both fundementally flawed and does not prove that God exists.

Hogwash about "atheists and secularists..demonstrating Fine Tuning is fundamentally flawed.." Go look at what they call "proof" which is empty statistics with no signs of intelligent life seen in over 37 years of looking.

The demonstration of how fine tuning is flawed, has nothing to do with looking for alien life.

As usual, spiritual consciousness beat the scientists to this conclusion which was by written in 1979 by your Celestial Torah Christian prophet-at-large as part of spiritual revelation from God:

"Since everywhere eventually becomes the same, there won't be many signs of Others*

Because our universe is finite there is an end conceivable to the discovery of new places and new physical laws. There will not be many, perhaps not any, traces of other space traveling civilizations because at this point of understanding the only real unknown lies in the realm of the Spirit.

So youre admitting that you dont know, and therefore it is unknown whether there are traces of other space travelling civilizations. And then you go on to contradict yourself, claiming that the only unknown lies in the realm of the spirit.

So which is it. Do we, or do we not know that there is no trace of other space travelling civilizations?

Like the Bermuda Triangle, Black Holes stand as symbols to all scientists that the real ultimate mystery lies in that other realm beyond the physical.

Black holes are physical.

And this Update: * Famed alien hunter quits research center after 35 years of searching

Wed, 05/23/2012 - 10:33am

Los Angeles Times staff

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. -- Astronomer Jill Tarter -- perhaps the best-known, real-life alien hunter around -- is stepping down as head of the Center for SETI Research, halting a 35-year career of actively searching for extraterrestrial intelligence."

Cool story bro. Unfortunately, i was replying to the Fine tuning aspect of his argument, and not the aliens aspect, so this is utterly irrelevant to me and my comment.
Arasa
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 4:25:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/11/2014 9:48:02 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/11/2014 5:10:50 PM, Arasa wrote:
At 8/11/2014 3:47:04 PM, CountCheechula wrote:
In order for their to be life you need water. If any planet is going to have intelligent life it must be the same age or older. It must have similar gravity, laws of physics. Same distant to a similar Sun. Possibly even a Moon for tides. It will have the same atmosphere and similar gases, solids, and liquids.
So odd are if intelligent were found they might be just like us. The problem is we don't live that long. For the nearest possible Earth-like planet is much too far for several generations and what about supplies and fuel? The same obstacles we face in mass space travel. Aliens shall never come if they even exist anyways...

I won't get into a debate here on this particular forum, but if this subject interests you, then research to your heart's content, the "Fine Tuning" of the universe. Bear in mind beforehand that it is a secular theory intended to aid in the disproving of God's own existence. Ironically, it highlights the incredulity of a universe without God's intent to create the earth as it is. The sheer number of 0's after the decimal and before the 1 are so overwhelming that science, in order to maintain its reasonability, has to conclude either that A) God exists, or B) there is only one, maybe as many as four, life-permitting planet in the universe. Not just this galaxy, but the entire universe!

Definitely worth some time to research for both sides of the discussion!

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind

You seem to have it backwards. Fine tuning has mainly been used by people who believed that God created this universe, as a proof that God exists. It was the atheists, the secularists that later came and demonstrated that Fine tuning is both fundementally flawed and does not prove that God exists.

Oh! Oh dear... It appears I have. I appreciate you correcting me, I made the mistake of trusting a person as my source (although, this person is an atheist, so it appears that I can now refute his argument that fine tuning is a secular notion that Christianity has warped and contorted). As for proving that God exists, if it does not prove that God exists, which it doesn't, then it does make the case that the possible number of life-permitting systems is so infinitesimally small, even in our seemingly unending universe.

Thank you very much for noticing my error!

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 9:32:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/12/2014 12:46:59 AM, Beastt wrote:
At 8/11/2014 11:47:06 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:

Hogwash about "atheists and secularists..demonstrating Fine Tuning is fundamentally flawed.." Go look at what they call "proof" which is empty statistics with no signs of intelligent life seen in over 37 years of looking.
Crawl down off your primitive pulpit and pull up a chair. Sit down like a thinking human.

Me the Brain: If you were that "thinking human being" you'd know, dumbo, (sorry, my Elijah nature) that I am sitting at a chair or do you sit on your thumb when you're reading this?

The problem with the fine-tuning argument is that it tries to paint the universe as existing for the purpose of housing Earthly life. That's not the way any environment works. The life forms to fit the environment. The environment doesn't form to fit the life which may - or may not - develop there later.

You're looking at the puddle in amazement at how well the ground has adapted to fit the shape of the water. It's the other way around. Can you even attempt to argue with that?

Me who uses his brain: Sure, small knowledgeable one, did you ever stop to think you may not have all the environmental facts in place to make your judgment calls about reality? Such as have you ever experienced spiritual contact with God and I'm not talking about the common experience of awe of natural phenomena. I'm talking about religious experience that leaves evidence of Contact with God behind. If you have never had such an experience and history readily shows that this is part and parcel of human experiential knowledge, then please move on and never think you can ever tell any theist what this universe is about. You lack credentials to do so as another half-wit atheist without a clue to your spiritual side of your brain/mind.

As usual, spiritual consciousness beat the scientists to this conclusion which was by written in 1979 by your Celestial Torah Christian prophet-at-large as part of spiritual revelation from God:
A better term for "spiritual consciousness" would be "brain death". When one applies no more reasoning than is required to accept an irrational assertion like spirituality, they're wasting everything from the spinal cord and medula, up. There is absolutely not a shred of objective evidence for the existence of anything "spiritual". Sink your primitive enzymes into that and let the reality take hold.

Me the Thinking Mind: When "brain death" produces the Sermon on the Mount, let me know, dumbo. When you learn that most all your culture and knowledge came through the religious filters of theists and not atheists, let me know. But as is, I'm dealing with a no-nothing who like so many others of the ilk are too egotistically bound up to recognize their vast lack of knowledge of the spiritual underpinnings of the material universe.


"Since everywhere eventually becomes the same, there won't be many signs of Others*

Because our universe is finite there is an end conceivable to the discovery of new places and new physical laws.
That's a total non-sequitur. That's like saying since the oceans have coastlines, there must be somewhere mid-ocean where water and air are the same thing. You're simply not making any sense. Nothing about the finite nature of the universe even suggests that it's possible for the laws of physics to change.

Me: What? I did a fly over your head because you can't get this logic? Finite Universe = end of conceivable new places and new physical laws. I'm sorry you can't figure that out but your retort that it's a "total non-sequitur' is only because of your lack of logical thinking.

There will not be many, perhaps not any, traces of other space traveling civilizations because at this point of understanding the only real unknown lies in the realm of the Spirit.
Which is about as unknown as fairies and Leprechauns.

Me: Stupid slander from you instead of reasoned argument.

Like the Bermuda Triangle, Black Holes stand as symbols to all scientists that the real ultimate mystery lies in that other realm beyond the physical.
At least try to apply some cognitive processing to the silly superstitious nonsense that you hear. Multiple sources from Lloyds of London insurance statistics to Coast Guard records, to NTSB records show that the number of lost craft in the Bermuda triangle shows no statistical variation with averages for other parts of the world.

Me: Jesus Christ save us from these nitwit atheists...READ what I write, please! Look at the words "Like the Burmuda Triangle, Black Holes stand as SYMBOLS to all scientists..." Symbols, get it? I'm not saying anywhere I believe the Burmuda Triangle exists as the urban legend says, I'm only saying it is a Symbol for mysterious disappearance, which it is.

Black holes offer no evidence of anything lying beyond the physical. I don't know from where you obtain such ridiculous ideas but all this does is demonstrate your ignorance in regard to physics.

Me: I get my "ridiculous ideas" like dinosaurs not becoming extinct long before science recognized that fact from God. It's our prophet advantage of being ahead of the learning curve on important matters way before anyone else. That's our job.

And this Update: * Famed alien hunter quits research center after 35 years of searching
Are you aware that we can effectively search only a relatively very tiny region?

Me: Oh, yeah, yeah, give us your flimsy excuses as you leave out common sense that any really advanced civilization would have established a universal CALL that others could pick up easily across universal distances.

Wed, 05/23/2012 - 10:33am

Los Angeles Times staff

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. -- Astronomer Jill Tarter -- perhaps the best-known, real-life alien hunter around -- is stepping down as head of the Center for SETI Research, halting a 35-year career of actively searching for extraterrestrial intelligence."

And SETI only searches for patterned radio signals emanating from space. I have no specific belief in regard to extraterrestrial life other than to acknowledge that statistically, other forms of life must exist. But your arguments make it sound like you have absolutely no clue of the vastness of even the observable universe. How does one search for life when you have no real idea what limits may be imposed upon the full range of life?

Me: No, I make no claim to have such knowledge but what I do have knowledge of is spiritual information about our future which tells me that some of us have experienced a different reality than the common consensus one that historically impacts the common consensus one, and you must ask yourself why is that? Are all human being crazy and needing to medications and locking up like you atheists would like to do, none of you having the brains enough to realize almost 98% of your knowledge and cultural has come from the efforts down the generations of theistic thinkers. But you can't give honor to them as you must defend your ego investment in a failed ideology facing its End Times right along with its shadow Pauline Bible God Christianity.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 10:29:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/12/2014 4:25:50 AM, Arasa wrote:
At 8/11/2014 9:48:02 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/11/2014 5:10:50 PM, Arasa wrote:
At 8/11/2014 3:47:04 PM, CountCheechula wrote:
In order for their to be life you need water. If any planet is going to have intelligent life it must be the same age or older. It must have similar gravity, laws of physics. Same distant to a similar Sun. Possibly even a Moon for tides. It will have the same atmosphere and similar gases, solids, and liquids.
So odd are if intelligent were found they might be just like us. The problem is we don't live that long. For the nearest possible Earth-like planet is much too far for several generations and what about supplies and fuel? The same obstacles we face in mass space travel. Aliens shall never come if they even exist anyways...

I won't get into a debate here on this particular forum, but if this subject interests you, then research to your heart's content, the "Fine Tuning" of the universe. Bear in mind beforehand that it is a secular theory intended to aid in the disproving of God's own existence. Ironically, it highlights the incredulity of a universe without God's intent to create the earth as it is. The sheer number of 0's after the decimal and before the 1 are so overwhelming that science, in order to maintain its reasonability, has to conclude either that A) God exists, or B) there is only one, maybe as many as four, life-permitting planet in the universe. Not just this galaxy, but the entire universe!

Definitely worth some time to research for both sides of the discussion!

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind

You seem to have it backwards. Fine tuning has mainly been used by people who believed that God created this universe, as a proof that God exists. It was the atheists, the secularists that later came and demonstrated that Fine tuning is both fundementally flawed and does not prove that God exists.

Oh! Oh dear... It appears I have. I appreciate you correcting me, I made the mistake of trusting a person as my source (although, this person is an atheist, so it appears that I can now refute his argument that fine tuning is a secular notion that Christianity has warped and contorted). As for proving that God exists, if it does not prove that God exists, which it doesn't, then it does make the case that the possible number of life-permitting systems is so infinitesimally small, even in our seemingly unending universe.

Thank you very much for noticing my error!


August Rasa, a 4:53 mind

No problem.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 10:37:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/11/2014 4:11:35 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/11/2014 3:47:04 PM, CountCheechula wrote:
In order for their to be life you need water. If any planet is going to have intelligent life it must be the same age or older. It must have similar gravity, laws of physics. Same distant to a similar Sun. Possibly even a Moon for tides. It will have the same atmosphere and similar gases, solids, and liquids.
So odd are if intelligent were found they might be just like us. The problem is we don't live that long. For the nearest possible Earth-like planet is much too far for several generations and what about supplies and fuel? The same obstacles we face in mass space travel. Aliens shall never come if they even exist anyways...

God has given many of His people illusions called aliens to observe. Most people get other things to perceive as being real in this world of illusions like religion, politics, science, etc.

Born of God is an illusion.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 12:07:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/12/2014 10:37:09 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/11/2014 4:11:35 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/11/2014 3:47:04 PM, CountCheechula wrote:
In order for their to be life you need water. If any planet is going to have intelligent life it must be the same age or older. It must have similar gravity, laws of physics. Same distant to a similar Sun. Possibly even a Moon for tides. It will have the same atmosphere and similar gases, solids, and liquids.
So odd are if intelligent were found they might be just like us. The problem is we don't live that long. For the nearest possible Earth-like planet is much too far for several generations and what about supplies and fuel? The same obstacles we face in mass space travel. Aliens shall never come if they even exist anyways...

God has given many of His people illusions called aliens to observe. Most people get other things to perceive as being real in this world of illusions like religion, politics, science, etc.

Born of God is an illusion.

Now you're starting to understand who we are in the mind of God. We're only characters in His dream.
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 2:02:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/12/2014 12:07:42 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/12/2014 10:37:09 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/11/2014 4:11:35 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/11/2014 3:47:04 PM, CountCheechula wrote:
In order for their to be life you need water. If any planet is going to have intelligent life it must be the same age or older. It must have similar gravity, laws of physics. Same distant to a similar Sun. Possibly even a Moon for tides. It will have the same atmosphere and similar gases, solids, and liquids.
So odd are if intelligent were found they might be just like us. The problem is we don't live that long. For the nearest possible Earth-like planet is much too far for several generations and what about supplies and fuel? The same obstacles we face in mass space travel. Aliens shall never come if they even exist anyways...

God has given many of His people illusions called aliens to observe. Most people get other things to perceive as being real in this world of illusions like religion, politics, science, etc.

Born of God is an illusion.

Now you're starting to understand who we are in the mind of God. We're only characters in His dream.

No, only you are an illusion. Not even in the mind of God, just an illusion.
Material_Girl
Posts: 264
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 2:52:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I get that the search for life is easier if we use a known example - Earth - as a prototype for all hypothetical life, but why assume that any life which may reach Earth in the future of its own accord is Earth-like? For all we know, Earth could be discovered by phosphorus-based life with sulphuric acid as a solvent on a gaseous planet orbiting Vega.
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
Gump
Posts: 67
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 7:50:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This isn't a question, aliens have visited Earth many times before. There is much evidence for this, I also have concluded that aliens have a particular interest in me, especially my anus. I believe I have been probed many times, although I cannot recall or remember the events as the aliens probably wiped my memory, just like what they have done to you.

Is it just coincidence I wake up with a sore anus, in a cold sweat at night? Is it just a coincidence that i'm in Riker's island prison? Or is it because the aliens know I know to much, is it because they have infiltrated our society and now am stopping me from spreading the truth to the world. You think about it.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 9:16:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/12/2014 9:32:42 AM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
At 8/12/2014 12:46:59 AM, Beastt wrote:
At 8/11/2014 11:47:06 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:

Hogwash about "atheists and secularists..demonstrating Fine Tuning is fundamentally flawed.." Go look at what they call "proof" which is empty statistics with no signs of intelligent life seen in over 37 years of looking.
Crawl down off your primitive pulpit and pull up a chair. Sit down like a thinking human.

Me the Brain: If you were that "thinking human being" you'd know, dumbo, (sorry, my Elijah nature) that I am sitting at a chair or do you sit on your thumb when you're reading this?
So much for the Christian ability to spot figurative references.

The problem with the fine-tuning argument is that it tries to paint the universe as existing for the purpose of housing Earthly life. That's not the way any environment works. The life forms to fit the environment. The environment doesn't form to fit the life which may - or may not - develop there later.

You're looking at the puddle in amazement at how well the ground has adapted to fit the shape of the water. It's the other way around. Can you even attempt to argue with that?

Me who uses his brain: Sure, small knowledgeable one, did you ever stop to think you may not have all the environmental facts in place to make your judgment calls about reality? Such as have you ever experienced spiritual contact with God and I'm not talking about the common experience of awe of natural phenomena.
This is just pathetic. If I claimed to have contact with Superman on Krypton, would you take that as a valid extraterrestrial evidence? Or would you see it as pure lunacy. If you see it as pure lunacy, then give yourself a point for understanding how ridiculous your claims of "spiritual contact with God" are.

I'm talking about religious experience that leaves evidence of Contact with God behind.
"Evidence" you say? Then present this "evidence". Can't do it? Then it's not objective evidence. It's worthless interpretation.

If you have never had such an experience and history readily shows that this is part and parcel of human experiential knowledge, then please move on and never think you can ever tell any theist what this universe is about.
No, what history readily shows is that people who believe in all kinds of vastly diverse gods, all tend to proclaim personal experience with that god, no matter how bizarre, illogical, irrational, or stupendously idiotic the god in question. So this rates you with the rest of the lunatics.

If you want to proclaim "knowledge", then demonstrate knowledge. But you "spiritual" idiots never can.

You lack credentials to do so as another half-wit atheist without a clue to your spiritual side of your brain/mind.
There's no such thing. There isn't! You can ramble on all day about "spiritual this" and "spiritual that", and "spiritual experience", and it all amounts to one lump of steaming fecal goo until you can present some kind of verifiable evidence that the "spiritual" actually exists. And don't think people haven't been trying. They've been trying for centuries. There's even a book called "Spook" which gives summaries on these various attempts and their failures. We do, however, have valid explanations for some of the "experiences" people like to label as "spiritual". EMF disruption of the temporal lobe can result in what some suggest to be a "spiritual experience". So can disruption of the normal communication across the corpus callosum. It leaves the two hemispheres aware of each other, but not at their usual level of communication. And people tend to interpret this as another being with them within their mind. But it's not. It's just the vague awareness within each hemisphere of the existence of the other hemisphere.

In most cases, the "spiritual" is just pathetic unbridled emotionalism, completely over-riding intellect.

As usual, spiritual consciousness beat the scientists to this conclusion which was by written in 1979 by your Celestial Torah Christian prophet-at-large as part of spiritual revelation from God:
A better term for "spiritual consciousness" would be "brain death". When one applies no more reasoning than is required to accept an irrational assertion like spirituality, they're wasting everything from the spinal cord and medula, up. There is absolutely not a shred of objective evidence for the existence of anything "spiritual". Sink your primitive enzymes into that and let the reality take hold.

Me the Thinking Mind: When "brain death" produces the Sermon on the Mount, let me know, dumbo.
So you think that remembering something you read after allowing yourself to be totally swept up in primitive emotionalism, is evidence of spirituality?

When you learn that most all your culture and knowledge came through the religious filters of theists and not atheists, let me know.
When you finally figure out that the more we learn through science, the fewer scientists subscribe to any kind of theistic beliefs, you let me know.

But as is, I'm dealing with a no-nothing
Intelligent people would write that as "know nothing".

..who like so many others of the ilk are too egotistically bound up to recognize their vast lack of knowledge of the spiritual underpinnings of the material universe.
You have no more spiritual knowledge than I have. You've simply bull-shitted yourself into believing you have some kind of special knowledge, which amounts to absolutely nothing. Demonstrate this special "knowledge". Can't do it, can you. So... there you go.


"Since everywhere eventually becomes the same, there won't be many signs of Others*

Because our universe is finite there is an end conceivable to the discovery of new places and new physical laws.
That's a total non-sequitur. That's like saying since the oceans have coastlines, there must be somewhere mid-ocean where water and air are the same thing. You're simply not making any sense. Nothing about the finite nature of the universe even suggests that it's possible for the laws of physics to change.

Me: What? I did a fly over your head because you can't get this logic?
You didn't present any logic. There is no logic which leads from a finite universe to a variation in physical laws. Physicists recognize that the laws of physics HAVE to be universal.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
- "Several general properties of physical laws have been identified (see Davies (1992) and Feynman (1965) as noted, although each of the characterizations are not necessarily original to them). Physical laws are:

True, at least within their regime of validity. By definition, there have never been repeatable contradicting observations.
Universal. They appear to apply everywhere in the universe. (Davies, 1992:82)"


Finite Universe = end of conceivable new places and new physical laws.
No, that doesn't even make sense. A finite universe doesn't suggest anything about new physical laws.

I'm sorry you can't figure that out but your retort that it's a "total non-sequitur' is only because of your lack of logical thinking.
No one can figure it out because it makes absolutely no sense. And the fact that you think it does, but can't explain how it does, is sufficient to support the assertion that it doesn't.

... at this point of understanding the only real unknown lies in the realm of the Spirit.
Which is about as unknown as fairies and Leprechauns.

Me: Stupid slander from you instead of reasoned argument.
How is one supposed to put forth a "reasoned argument", when you resort to the likes of fairytales and comic-book heros for your argument?

...silly primitive editor!
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 10:36:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Beast, you can post your atheist slander, name-calling and outright lies all day long and never convince anyone but fellow atheist (5% minority of human beings). You'll never convince the 95% of us because you don't have the intellectual tools to do so. You don't know know how to reason logically because you can't stand being told you're not operating on all brain cylinders and react with anger, your slander, your name-calling, instead of using logic that informs the rest of us that those without experiential knowledge in the subject they claim to have knowledge about, are blowhards, total phonies trying to protect their ego investment in a failed ideology: atheism.

Come back when you've ever had a religious experience of God which is something you don't understand because your spiritual receptors aren't functioning. And you don't even know it. As for proof of spiritual phenomena, what makes a physical tremor run through your body when you hear really good music? Maybe someday you'll figure out why Quakers and Shakers were called that. Maybe someday you'll understand why hundreds of people "felt" spiritual energy of God when witnessing the spiritual power of a religious icon of peace. As of now though, you are spiritually dead to such emotions that mark the Presence of God in human beings.

Otherwise, just stop posting silliness of atheist lack of knowledge. Only agnosticism can be a valid philosophy of inquiry, not atheism, which has jumped to judgment conclusions based on insufficient evidence, i.e. not valid due to initial biases.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 10:58:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/12/2014 10:36:56 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
Beast, you can post your atheist slander, name-calling and outright lies all day long and never convince anyone but fellow atheist (5% minority of human beings).
Why do theists think this is a popularity contest? Since when did popularity correlate to veracity?

And SECONDLY... and pay VERY close attention to this... If you're going to claim that I'm lying... SUPPORT IT! When you claim I'm lying and I'm not, that makes YOU the liar here. I don't take lying lightly. My 30+ year career depended on my honesty and integrity. I'm not a "liar" and I don't take lightly to being called a "liar". So if you're going to make the allegation, you'd damned well better be able to back it up.

So let's see it! Show me where I lied. And when you find that I didn't, I expect and will DEMAND a full apology from you. I'm sick and tired of immature little theists running around calling people "liars", simply because we disagree with your ancient myths and fairytales. You believe in a book which talks about unicorns, giants, wizards, witches, zombies, dragons and sea monsters, and yet you call me a "liar" for presenting logical, objective evidence against your silly stories.

Grow up! This is supposed to be an adult forum. If you can't behave like an adult, if you think you have to call other people "liars" because they've shown how utterly ridiculous, pathetic, primitive and childish your beliefs are, then you do not belong here. Either mature, or leave!
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 11:34:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/12/2014 10:36:56 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
You'll never convince the 95% of us because you don't have the intellectual tools to do so.
As I have been told by other theists who since returned to privately message me that they finally had to admit to themselves that their beliefs held no merit, and they had since become atheists. This happened four times in my four years at ChristianForums, and four more times in the years since then, where most of my debate occurred on YouTube.

I'm not the least bit concerned with your assessment of my intellect, as you have made it fully apparent that you lack the intelligence to rate my intellect with any degree of credibility. You even go so far as to call any point you don't like a "lie". If you want to be assessed with credibility, you'll need to earn some for yourself.

You don't know know how to reason logically because you can't stand being told you're not operating on all brain cylinders and react with anger, your slander, your name-calling, instead of using logic that informs the rest of us that those without experiential knowledge in the subject they claim to have knowledge about, are blowhards, total phonies trying to protect their ego investment in a failed ideology: atheism.
I asked you to SHOW ME this "experiential knowledge". What did you learn? If you can't demonstrate the "knowledge", it's because you don't have it. And rather than showing me that you do possess some sort of "spiritual knowledge", you call me a "liar". That's not a very strong rebuttal for your claims.

Come back when you've ever had a religious experience of God which is something you don't understand because your spiritual receptors aren't functioning.
Hush. Either demonstrate something spiritual, or shut up about it. It's a made-up concept, and you're simply gullible enough to accept it as worthy of merit. If you can't show that the spiritual exists, if you can't demonstrate "spiritual knowledge", then you're doing nothing more than warming up carbon-dioxide, to spill on rational people.

And you don't even know it.
You know next to nothing about me. I was a devout theist for 33-years. What's more, some of the most influential, some of the greatest expertise in the field today, some of the most outspoken atheists of our time - are former theists. And they're not just pathetic little wind-bags like people running around talking about their "spiritual" and "experiential" knowledge (euphemisms for "a complete lack of knowledge"); many of them were pastors, priests and had fully dedicated their lives to the beliefs you've barely even explored.

Bart D Ehrman started as a devoted Christian pastor. He was so devoted that he took special classes on - not just Greek - but ancient forms of Koine Greek, so that he could read the photographed manuscripts for himself. Then he went on to Princeton Seminary College where he learned more about the New Testament than you, AnnaNicole, and myself will ever hope to know. He learned so much, in fact, that he emerged an agnostic leaning toward atheism.

Robert M. Price was a Catholic Priest. He wasn't some sit-at-home calling everything that challenged his beliefs a "lie". He earned two separate Ph Ds in theology, atop a lesser degree in theology. And do you know what he learned? He learned that Christianity is totally without merit. He's now an outspoken atheist author because he learned more about Christianity than you could possibly understand. He learned of the origins, the lies, the forgeries, the fables, and the parallels from other common fiction of the day.

Dan Barker was also a devoted Christian pastor, who gave over his life to "bringing people to Christ". But that wasn't enough. He wanted to know more. So he engaged in 5 solid years of intense personal study. And when he read things which undermined his beliefs, he didn't slap the word "lie" on them and tuck them under the rug. He investigated further. He studied more. He tried to refute the things which demonstrated the failures of Christianity. And the more he fought to support Christianity, and the more he learned, the more he watched as his theistic beliefs simply crumbled away. Actual knowledge, DESTROYS religion. He's now the President of the Freedom From Religion Foundation.

Mat Dillahunty had dedicated himself to intense study so that he too could join the ranks of the Christian clergy. But his desire for knowledge was real. He wasn't just looking for emotional pacification. So even before entering seminary college, he began to engage in intense study. His intent was to enter the Seminary already possessing a strong foundation of Christianity, it's history, and the origins of the Bible. But what he learned only served to undermine his beliefs. He eventually had to admit that Christianity is a fraud. He became the head host of the television program "The Atheist Experience".

So don't try to claim that you possess superior knowledge. If you think you're so full of knowledge, then SHOW ME, don't tell me.

As for proof of spiritual phenomena, what makes a physical tremor run through your body when you hear really good music?
It's an emotional response which can be verified by monitoring neurotransmitter levels using an fMRI. Anymore smart questions?

Maybe someday you'll figure out why Quakers and Shakers were called that.
I already know. They were called that due to ignorance - the same ignorance you still hold, while the secular world has advanced centuries beyond your pathetic primitive mental state.

Maybe someday you'll understand why hundreds of people "felt" spiritual energy of God when witnessing the spiritual power of a religious icon of peace. As of now though, you are spiritually dead to such emotions that mark the Presence of God in human beings.
Once again, nuns have offered themselves as study subjects for objective studies of these "phenomenon" and they are found to be perfectly consistent with the alterations in neurotransmitter levels, which fluctuate in response to, and consistent with, particular emotions. As I've told you, "spirituality" is simply emotionalism. I didn't just make that up. I've read the studies on it. Dr. Michael Persinger is one of the researchers working on the "spiritual experiences" connected to EMF stimulation of the temporal lobe. He's even induced these "experiences" in atheists. But it's not spiritual, it's purely physical. If you disrupt normal brain function, the brain won't function normally. I hope you can follow that logic. And when the brain doesn't function normally, your experiences will be abnormal. Ellen White, who founded the Seventh Day Adventists began having visions which lead to her strong religious beliefs. This followed an injury to her temporal lobe after being struck in the head with a rock. Even the description of the experience of Paul on the road to Damascus, is perfectly consistent with a seizure involving the temporal lobe of the brain. It makes far more sense that a seizure would lead to temporary blindness, than an encounter with a caring, loving, supreme entity. It was simply Paul's interpretation for something he didn't understand; just as your claims of "spiritual experiences" are your interpretations of things you don't understand. But those who do understand them should gain your attention and your interest, and not be called "liars" because they understand what you do not.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 12:09:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/12/2014 10:36:56 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:

Otherwise, just stop posting silliness of atheist lack of knowledge.
Nothing I've posted is silliness, nor is it a lack of knowledge. Unlike your blind assertions, it's actually the presence of knowledge which you don't possess, and won't accept. I have actual evidence to support my statements. People have done the experiments which reproduce what you call "spiritual experiences", and the test subjects have verified it to be what they formerly believed to be "spiritual". That's the way the truth works - in verifiable evidenced reality.

Only agnosticism can be a valid philosophy of inquiry, not atheism, which has jumped to judgment conclusions based on insufficient evidence, i.e. not valid due to initial biases.
You don't know what you're talking about. Do you believe there is a pride of lions in your living room? If not, then why do you disbelieve in the pride of lions. Or do you believe they're there? Do you believe there is a rattlesnake in your right-front pant's pocket? When you drive do you come to a stop sign, shut off the ignition, exit the vehicle and leave because you can never have evidence for the lack of cross-traffic? Or do you then subscribe to exactly the same methodology of the atheist, and accept that the lack of evidence for cross-traffic, is sufficient to indicate that there is no cross traffic?

You see, you use precisely the same methodology you admonish atheists for using, in every other walk of your life. But when it comes to religion, that very reliable, very beneficial, and absolutely necessary methodology would tell you what you don't wish to know - that God does not exist. So instead you invert the methodology, insist that a lack of evidence for existence says nothing about existence, and continue to hold beliefs which are 100% contrary to logic, reason, and your fundamental understanding of reality in every other circumstance.

Watch how you answer. Chances are, you won't answer. Because if you do, you'll show yourself to be a hypocrite at the very least, and a new atheist at the very most.

And I'm still waiting for that apology which YOU OWE ME! Are you going to continue to show me the truth face of Christianity - make accusations of others you can't possibly support, and then sit on your obstinance and lack of humility in insisting that you won't admit you were wrong? That is the true face of Christianity. It's all over this forum. In fact, I see as much name-calling and as many false accusations coming from Christians, as I do from atheists... likely more. I've yet to see a single Christian apologize for that behavior, and yet you claim that level of empathy, compassion, humility, integrity and tolerance as some of your core beliefs. But like so much of Christianity, you don't believe any of the important values - not so much that you would actually practice them. Because being a Christian is about being self-centered, obstinate, arrogant in your ignorance, and stubborn. That's the "true face" of Christianity as it exists today. And every minute that passes without the apology you owe me, simply serves to demonstrate that fact.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 7:36:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hahahaha, pulled your ignorant chain, uh beastie? Well, dumbo, that's what you get for posting stupidity every day about spiritual consciousness and spiritual phenomena you haven't a clue about no matter how many words you post putting down spiritual consciousness. You don't have it, you don't know jack about it. Please take your garbage ideas about spiritual phenomena someplace else where other stoops without spiritual consciousness might buy your lack of knowledge and phony judgment calls based on pure ignorance of the subject you blather on and on about, not understanding you are under the thrall of theotropism which propels you to chase theists around religious forums.

Go take a year off and learn about spiritual consciousness from spiritually conscious people. As is, you only make a fool of yourself everyday posting about something you know nothing about. Ignorance doesn't tell the learned what they know. Get a clue!
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 9:31:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/13/2014 7:36:25 AM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
Hahahaha, pulled your ignorant chain, uh beastie? Well, dumbo, that's what you get for posting stupidity every day about spiritual consciousness and spiritual phenomena you haven't a clue about no matter how many words you post putting down spiritual consciousness. You don't have it, you don't know jack about it. Please take your garbage ideas about spiritual phenomena someplace else where other stoops without spiritual consciousness might buy your lack of knowledge and phony judgment calls based on pure ignorance of the subject you blather on and on about, not understanding you are under the thrall of theotropism which propels you to chase theists around religious forums.

Go take a year off and learn about spiritual consciousness from spiritually conscious people. As is, you only make a fool of yourself everyday posting about something you know nothing about. Ignorance doesn't tell the learned what they know. Get a clue!

As expected; you ran off at the mouth with your tail tucked between your legs. You didn't respond to a single point I made because you know you can't.

You didn't tell me whether or not you believe there is a pride of lions in your living room. And you didn't respond because you know there isn't, and you know there isn't because there isn't a shred of evidence for a pride of lions in your living, JUST AS, there isn't a shred of evidence for the spiritual.

You didn't offer any "spiritual knowledge" because you don't have any to offer. Yet you clamor on about having it, and about me not having it. I possess real knowledge, you phony. And real knowledge can be demonstrated. You don't possess any knowledge, which is why you can't demonstrate any, and are left to talk about "spiritual knowledge", while being unable to demonstrate any knowledge whatsoever.

Then you turn to "spiritual consciousness". Your entire argument is composed of placing the word "spiritual" in front of a long list of things you don't possess, in the hope that people will buy into your bullcrap when you claim to possess the "spiritual" form. And yet, you can't present the slightest hint of any evidence that anything "spiritual" actually exists.

Go ahead, CrapTart; show me something "spiritual". Demonstrate some "spiritual knowledge". Explain what "spiritual consciousness" is supposed to be. Consciousness is a physical manifestation, you goof. You can't demonstrate anything spiritual, because it's a totally imaginary concept, devoid of any connection with any form of reality. It's no different than talking about "Crapcake knowledge", "Crapcake consciousness" or "Crapcake experience". And that becomes purely evident the moment you're challenged to demonstrate any of your "spiritual" garbage. You can't. So you just get pissy and think that's going to save your silly butt from the pure humiliation you have earned for yourself.

And STILL, you're demonstrating the TRUE FACE OF CHRISTIANITY.

You said I had posted "lies" simply because you disagree with what I said. But what I said came with evidence, logical arguments, and a demonstration that it's true. Meanwhile, you're still running away from what you said, because there isn't any evidence for it, it's contrary to logic, and totally false. But you won't apologize because you're a small-minded person, seething in insecurities, trying to buffer yourself into believing you're somehow special because you have "spiritual knowledge". It would seem that the best definition for "spiritual" would be "absence of". So you're talking about the "absence of knowledge" and the "absence of experience", because that's all you've demonstrated so far, aside from the lack of integrity, humility and honesty Christians babble on about having all day, but can't bring themselves to actually exercise.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 9:44:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/11/2014 3:47:04 PM, CountCheechula wrote:
In order for their to be life you need water.

Not for silicon-based lifeforms.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
BrownChickenBrownCow
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 12:38:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Here is my question. If a 50 ft. tall all powerful being showed up and told everyone, "I am God. The creator of the universe." would you believe him or just think he is an alien or mutant of some sort?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 9:52:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/12/2014 2:02:11 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:
At 8/12/2014 12:07:42 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/12/2014 10:37:09 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/11/2014 4:11:35 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/11/2014 3:47:04 PM, CountCheechula wrote:
In order for their to be life you need water. If any planet is going to have intelligent life it must be the same age or older. It must have similar gravity, laws of physics. Same distant to a similar Sun. Possibly even a Moon for tides. It will have the same atmosphere and similar gases, solids, and liquids.
So odd are if intelligent were found they might be just like us. The problem is we don't live that long. For the nearest possible Earth-like planet is much too far for several generations and what about supplies and fuel? The same obstacles we face in mass space travel. Aliens shall never come if they even exist anyways...

God has given many of His people illusions called aliens to observe. Most people get other things to perceive as being real in this world of illusions like religion, politics, science, etc.

Born of God is an illusion.

Now you're starting to understand who we are in the mind of God. We're only characters in His dream.

No, only you are an illusion. Not even in the mind of God, just an illusion.

And so are you and the rest of God's people and beasts.
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 11:29:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/13/2014 9:52:36 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/12/2014 2:02:11 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:
At 8/12/2014 12:07:42 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/12/2014 10:37:09 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/11/2014 4:11:35 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/11/2014 3:47:04 PM, CountCheechula wrote:
In order for their to be life you need water. If any planet is going to have intelligent life it must be the same age or older. It must have similar gravity, laws of physics. Same distant to a similar Sun. Possibly even a Moon for tides. It will have the same atmosphere and similar gases, solids, and liquids.
So odd are if intelligent were found they might be just like us. The problem is we don't live that long. For the nearest possible Earth-like planet is much too far for several generations and what about supplies and fuel? The same obstacles we face in mass space travel. Aliens shall never come if they even exist anyways...

God has given many of His people illusions called aliens to observe. Most people get other things to perceive as being real in this world of illusions like religion, politics, science, etc.

Born of God is an illusion.

Now you're starting to understand who we are in the mind of God. We're only characters in His dream.

No, only you are an illusion. Not even in the mind of God, just an illusion.

And so are you and the rest of God's people and beasts.

Nope, just you.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 6:49:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/14/2014 11:29:16 AM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:
At 8/13/2014 9:52:36 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/12/2014 2:02:11 PM, lifemeansevolutionisgood wrote:
At 8/12/2014 12:07:42 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/12/2014 10:37:09 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/11/2014 4:11:35 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/11/2014 3:47:04 PM, CountCheechula wrote:
In order for their to be life you need water. If any planet is going to have intelligent life it must be the same age or older. It must have similar gravity, laws of physics. Same distant to a similar Sun. Possibly even a Moon for tides. It will have the same atmosphere and similar gases, solids, and liquids.
So odd are if intelligent were found they might be just like us. The problem is we don't live that long. For the nearest possible Earth-like planet is much too far for several generations and what about supplies and fuel? The same obstacles we face in mass space travel. Aliens shall never come if they even exist anyways...

God has given many of His people illusions called aliens to observe. Most people get other things to perceive as being real in this world of illusions like religion, politics, science, etc.

Born of God is an illusion.

Now you're starting to understand who we are in the mind of God. We're only characters in His dream.

No, only you are an illusion. Not even in the mind of God, just an illusion.

And so are you and the rest of God's people and beasts.

Nope, just you.

Even atheists were made to reject the Truth, just like most Christians were.