Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

The Christian God is NOT Infinite

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2010 10:35:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Yahweh is a FINITE entity and he is NOT and CANNOT be omnipresent.

In Christian Theology:

Yahweh is not Satan.
Yahweh is not you.
Yahweh is not in Hell.
Yahweh is not Darwin.
Yahweh is not the fecal matter in your toilet. (In my opinion he is.)

So how the hell is he infinite or omnipresent? Easy answer. He's not. He's a person. He has a name. He has feelings. He talks. He eats. He has a beard.

And for those who say Yahweh is similar to the Pantheist God, he's not.

Here's Yahweh: http://heavenawaits.files.wordpress.com...

Here's the Pantheist God: http://www.worldinvisible.com...

It troubles me that so many can't tell the difference.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 12:36:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 3/9/2010 10:35:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Yahweh is a FINITE entity and he is NOT and CANNOT be omnipresent.

In Christian Theology:

Yahweh is not Satan.
Yahweh is not you.
Yahweh is not in Hell.
Yahweh is not Darwin.
Yahweh is not the fecal matter in your toilet. (In my opinion he is.)

So how the hell is he infinite or omnipresent? Easy answer. He's not. He's a person. He has a name. He has feelings. He talks. He eats. He has a beard.

And for those who say Yahweh is similar to the Pantheist God, he's not.

Here's Yahweh: http://heavenawaits.files.wordpress.com...

Here's the Pantheist God: http://www.worldinvisible.com...

It troubles me that so many can't tell the difference.


How typical of you. If God was everything, then He would be destroying Himself when He destroys the universe to create a new one once again. He would also send Himself to Hell.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 12:41:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/10/2010 12:36:57 AM, GodSands wrote:
How typical of you. If God was everything, then He would be destroying Himself when He destroys the universe to create a new one once again. He would also send Himself to Hell.

Yeah, so we agree then.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 12:51:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 3/10/2010 12:41:44 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/10/2010 12:36:57 AM, GodSands wrote:
How typical of you. If God was everything, then He would be destroying Himself when He destroys the universe to create a new one once again. He would also send Himself to Hell.

Yeah, so we agree then.


No, God isn't everything. God of course could make Himself everything. And in that sense the God of the Bible is infinite. God created the universe from nothing, and there is no such thing as limit to God.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 12:53:36 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/10/2010 12:51:08 AM, GodSands wrote:
No, God isn't everything.

Did you even read one word of this thread? The whole point of this thread was to prove that the Christian God is NOT everything, he is NOT infinite, and he is NOT omnipresent.

We agree. Learn to read.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 1:09:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 3/10/2010 12:53:36 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/10/2010 12:51:08 AM, GodSands wrote:
No, God isn't everything.

Did you even read one word of this thread? The whole point of this thread was to prove that the Christian God is NOT everything, he is NOT infinite, and he is NOT omnipresent.

We agree. Learn to read.


Stop saying we agree, because we don't. Your God is everything, but that doesn't make it (since it is the universe it's self) infinite, you can say that when my God destroys yours. My God who is love, and who is wisdom, and who is just and righteous and good will end this universe and judge everybody, every man and woman, boy and girl will stand naked and all of them will be thrown into hell. Now according to the Christian teaching, your God does not exist. God the Christian one is all knowing, all loving, all powerful and there is no limit to Him. Yet at the same time God also has emotions. My God does not and would not bask in the sun with a dumb face.

As for you, your God is not love because you God is evil, for if you God was real, it to would be judged by mine. If God is love, God cannot be evil. For they both cannot exist together like darkness and light cannot exist together. So you say, "My God can be both because my God is infinite." Well then the love cannot be shown, it is always corrupted by evil.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 1:12:04 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Just looked at the two images, my God doesn't look like that, its a painting. Probably by some Catholic. Yeah your God can be the universe and my God has created it.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 1:32:51 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/10/2010 1:09:47 AM, GodSands wrote:
Stop saying we agree, because we don't.

We both agree that YOUR God, the Christian God, is NOT everything. That is what we agree on. Obviously we disagree on who is the true God, Yahweh or the Pantheist God.

Your God is everything, but that doesn't make it (since it is the universe it's self) infinite, you can say that when my God destroys yours.

My "God" is greater than yours. Pantheist God can say, "I AM EVERYTHING THAT EXISTS." Your God is just a little tiny wimp in comparison. If they got in a fight, Yahweh would have nowhere to run, no one to fight, because Pantheist God would have him completely surrounded and is infinity times larger.

As for you, your God is not love because you God is evil, for if you God was real, it to would be judged by mine.

My "God" is not evil. It just IS. It is everything and has no obligation to be good. My "God" understands that you can't have good without evil, light without dark, positive without negative. Your God doesn't understand that. He doesn't realize that he is nothing without evil. If there was no evil, he would have no one to judge, no one to condemn, he wouldn't have to send his son to sacrifice. Your God thrives on evil, yet he's too dumb to realize it.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 1:52:43 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Except omnipresent =/= inside everything but instead *at* everywhen. It's why you have writers such as C.S. Lewis posit God as existing outside of time so can be at all frame references of time.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 2:01:38 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/10/2010 1:52:43 AM, Puck wrote:
Except omnipresent =/= inside everything but instead *at* everywhen. It's why you have writers such as C.S. Lewis posit God as existing outside of time so can be at all frame references of time.

Is he or is he not everywhere? He can't be "at" somewhere without actually being there. Looking at everything doesn't count as being "at" everywhere.

Being able to look at everything =/= omnipresence

Omnipresence = being everywhere at the same time
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 2:07:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/10/2010 2:01:38 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Being able to look at everything =/= omnipresence

Omnipresence = being everywhere at the same time

Yes and that doesn't make it 'the thing' that is at the when. I never stated that omnipresence is simply big brother, more that what it intends is that god is present at all time frames. His existence is 'all of time at every instance of time'.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 2:10:03 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 3/10/2010 1:32:51 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/10/2010 1:09:47 AM, GodSands wrote:
Stop saying we agree, because we don't.

We both agree that YOUR God, the Christian God, is NOT everything. That is what we agree on. Obviously we disagree on who is the true God, Yahweh or the Pantheist God.

Your God is everything, but that doesn't make it (since it is the universe it's self) infinite, you can say that when my God destroys yours.

My "God" is greater than yours. Pantheist God can say, "I AM EVERYTHING THAT EXISTS." Your God is just a little tiny wimp in comparison. If they got in a fight, Yahweh would have nowhere to run, no one to fight, because Pantheist God would have him completely surrounded and is infinity times larger.

As for you, your God is not love because you God is evil, for if you God was real, it to would be judged by mine.

My "God" is not evil. It just IS. It is everything and has no obligation to be good. My "God" understands that you can't have good without evil, light without dark, positive without negative. Your God doesn't understand that. He doesn't realize that he is nothing without evil. If there was no evil, he would have no one to judge, no one to condemn, he wouldn't have to send his son to sacrifice. Your God thrives on evil, yet he's too dumb to realize it.


For goodness sake, why do we argue over such childish things. If your God is truly everything then your God would be the Christian God. Do you see the problem? And if you say my God does not exist, then your God is not intinite. I also do not understand why you have such a grudge against the Christian God, you almost hate Him.

If you love something, you hate something, for example, I hate abortion because I love children, another, I hate murder because I love life. My God created all things, and because of your love towards such people as David Icke and David Wilcock and Benjiman Cream and their storys which seem to fulfill you yet have not changed you. You still commit the same actions as you did before you knew about this deception of Satan. It is just something to fill you life with adventure and excitment. Now where as I have changed from the inside, my heart has been transformed to a heard of flesh from a stone one.

Good was just default before evil came into the world, yet God knew everything before Adam sinned, God knew before time that His Son Jesus Christ would be nailed to a tree, and the reason for God to create the universe was to express His love through Jesus Christ. So now we know good and evil and we were meant to know. So when the new heaven and earth is created evil will be abolished forever and all the evil which has happpened will turn to good, and that will be amazing. God understands everything, so it is no good you saying your God understands negitives and positives. God is all good now there is evil, and without evil God could not express His love through Jesus Christ. The shadow of the defeat of sin was shown as soon as evil came into the universe. Which Jesus Christ acomplished.

I bet that you have never actually studied Christian theology or the Bible probably ever in your life. You just watch videos of these men and read a few things on what they believe in, and you say you believe it. You wouldn't die for it.

It is easy to believe in something that does not change or effect what you can and cannot do. It is too easy. And if Jesus Christ had not of saved me before I heard of this new age belief, I would probably believe in it now. Because it is fun and something which gives me hope that death isn't the end. However now I know it is a lie from Satan, which God is allowing to happen.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 2:17:36 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/10/2010 2:07:28 AM, Puck wrote:
At 3/10/2010 2:01:38 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Being able to look at everything =/= omnipresence

Omnipresence = being everywhere at the same time

Yes and that doesn't make it 'the thing' that is at the when. I never stated that omnipresence is simply big brother, more that what it intends is that god is present at all time frames. His existence is 'all of time at every instance of time'.

What does time have to do with this. If God is everywhere at the same time (you agreed to this), then he is inside of every single atom (or echtoplasm) of everything, including Satan.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 2:23:43 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/10/2010 2:17:36 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/10/2010 2:07:28 AM, Puck wrote:
At 3/10/2010 2:01:38 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Being able to look at everything =/= omnipresence

Omnipresence = being everywhere at the same time

Yes and that doesn't make it 'the thing' that is at the when. I never stated that omnipresence is simply big brother, more that what it intends is that god is present at all time frames. His existence is 'all of time at every instance of time'.

What does time have to do with this. If God is everywhere at the same time (you agreed to this), then he is inside of every single atom (or echtoplasm) of everything, including Satan.

Nope. Not at all. He is present *in time* not in matter (which is more traditionally the pantheist interpretation of god = everwhere). Read Ps. 139 which forms the largest base for this particular attribute. It relates more to God's relationship to the world than his physical distribution within it (cf. Isa. 57:15).
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 2:27:12 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/10/2010 2:23:43 AM, Puck wrote:
Nope. Not at all. He is present *in time* not in matter (which is more traditionally the pantheist interpretation of god = everwhere). Read Ps. 139 which forms the largest base for this particular attribute. It relates more to God's relationship to the world than his physical distribution within it (cf. Isa. 57:15).

Well, good. This further proves my point that Yahweh isn't infinite.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 2:28:25 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/10/2010 2:27:12 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/10/2010 2:23:43 AM, Puck wrote:
Nope. Not at all. He is present *in time* not in matter (which is more traditionally the pantheist interpretation of god = everwhere). Read Ps. 139 which forms the largest base for this particular attribute. It relates more to God's relationship to the world than his physical distribution within it (cf. Isa. 57:15).

Well, good. This further proves my point that Yahweh isn't infinite.

Not sure theists will actually care about this one. :P
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 11:56:04 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/10/2010 2:28:25 AM, Puck wrote:

Not sure theists will actually care about this one. :P

Well most theists say he is an infinite being. Though, particularly Volkov and Zetsobu have quaralled with me over this several times.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
DevinKing
Posts: 206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 6:47:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/10/2010 11:56:04 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/10/2010 2:28:25 AM, Puck wrote:

Not sure theists will actually care about this one. :P

Well most theists say he is an infinite being. Though, particularly Volkov and Zetsobu have quaralled with me over this several times.

--You can not --no matter how hard you try-- prove that a being which is defined as omnipresent is not omnipresent (real or not).

"7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there." -Psalm 139:7-12

--The best you could do is argue that it doesn't exist... which is not what you were doing.
After demonstrating his existence with complete certainty with the proposition "I think, therefore I am", Descartes walks into a bar, sitting next to a gorgeous priest. The priest asks Descartes, "Would you like a drink?" Descartes responds, "I think not," and then proceeds to vanish in a puff of illogic.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 6:50:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/10/2010 6:47:21 PM, DevinKing wrote:
At 3/10/2010 11:56:04 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/10/2010 2:28:25 AM, Puck wrote:

Not sure theists will actually care about this one. :P

Well most theists say he is an infinite being. Though, particularly Volkov and Zetsobu have quaralled with me over this several times.

--You can not --no matter how hard you try-- prove that a being which is defined as omnipresent is not omnipresent (real or not).

Defined as omnipresent? My argument is that the Bible describes a being who is NOT omnipresent. People can define it how they want, but the Christian God probably doesn't fit the description of the most common definition.

"7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there." -Psalm 139:7-12


--The best you could do is argue that it doesn't exist... which is not what you were doing.

Is God in Hell? Is God inside of every atom (or echtoplasm) that composes Satan? Is God inside of every demon?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 7:18:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/9/2010 10:35:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Yahweh is a FINITE entity and he is NOT and CANNOT be omnipresent.

In Christian Theology:

Yahweh is not Satan.
Yahweh is not you.
Yahweh is not in Hell.
Yahweh is not Darwin.

According to Augustine... Yahweh is in all of this... just in different degrees. There is no existence except through God.

Things which 'exist' and are not 'perfect' are simply incomplete. Sin is due to an incomplete/imperfect nature.

You become complete/perfect by taking/embracing your proper place in relation to God.

Yahweh is not the fecal matter in your toilet. (In my opinion he is.)

So how the hell is he infinite or omnipresent? Easy answer. He's not. He's a person. He has a name. He has feelings. He talks. He eats. He has a beard.

And for those who say Yahweh is similar to the Pantheist God, he's not.

Here's Yahweh: http://heavenawaits.files.wordpress.com...

Here's the Pantheist God: http://www.worldinvisible.com...

It troubles me that so many can't tell the difference.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
DevinKing
Posts: 206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 8:03:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/10/2010 6:50:15 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Defined as omnipresent? My argument is that the Bible describes a being who is NOT omnipresent. People can define it how they want, but the Christian God probably doesn't fit the description of the most common definition.

--So, use some bible verses which contradict my examples and I'll change my views.

Is God in Hell? Is God inside of every atom (or echtoplasm) that composes Satan? Is God inside of every demon?

--Ummmmmm... yes he is. That's what omnipresent means; he is in everything. [Note: if I was being picky, I would have pointed out that satan isn't nescessarily a material being] Also, don't forget that he created all of those things which you just listed (according to the bible). See below:

"Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." -John:1:3

--In context, John is speaking of Jesus who, of course, is viewed as God.
After demonstrating his existence with complete certainty with the proposition "I think, therefore I am", Descartes walks into a bar, sitting next to a gorgeous priest. The priest asks Descartes, "Would you like a drink?" Descartes responds, "I think not," and then proceeds to vanish in a puff of illogic.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2010 8:18:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/10/2010 8:03:02 PM, DevinKing wrote:
At 3/10/2010 6:50:15 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Defined as omnipresent? My argument is that the Bible describes a being who is NOT omnipresent. People can define it how they want, but the Christian God probably doesn't fit the description of the most common definition.

--So, use some bible verses which contradict my examples and I'll change my views.

Well he takes different sides in wars and condemns sinners. Is he at war with himself and condemning himself?

He also said, "the lord is a MAN of war, the lord is his name."

Is God in Hell? Is God inside of every atom (or echtoplasm) that composes Satan? Is God inside of every demon?

--Ummmmmm... yes he is. That's what omnipresent means; he is in everything.

So he is inside every sinner? If he is in everything, including evil stuff, what's wrong with evil if Yahweh takes part in it.

[Note: if I was being picky, I would have pointed out that satan isn't nescessarily a material being]

That's why I mentioned echtoplasm, the stuff that ghosts are made of.

Also, don't forget that he created all of those things which you just listed (according to the bible). See below:

"Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." -John:1:3

--In context, John is speaking of Jesus who, of course, is viewed as God.

Wouldn't omnipresence be confusing the creator for the creation? They are separate correct?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 5:04:26 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Never took the time to read my argument then? If your God is infinate by being everything, then your God would be the Christian God also, which according to the Bible created yours. And if you say my God doesn't exist then your God isn't infinate.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 8:06:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/9/2010 10:35:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Yahweh is a FINITE entity and he is NOT and CANNOT be omnipresent.

In Christian Theology:

Yahweh is not Satan.
Yahweh is not you.
Yahweh is not in Hell.
Yahweh is not Darwin.
Yahweh is not the fecal matter in your toilet. (In my opinion he is.)

So how the hell is he infinite or omnipresent? Easy answer. He's not. He's a person. He has a name. He has feelings. He talks. He eats. He has a beard.

And for those who say Yahweh is similar to the Pantheist God, he's not.

Here's Yahweh: http://heavenawaits.files.wordpress.com...

Here's the Pantheist God: http://www.worldinvisible.com...

It troubles me that so many can't tell the difference.

If God were everything then He would be nothing as there could be no definition: So there MUST be nonGod; darkness, death, sin etc..

John 1:5
The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
The Cross.. the Cross.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 11:08:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/11/2010 5:04:26 AM, GodSands wrote:
Never took the time to read my argument then?

I did. Don't worry, I'll get to it. You actually brought up a few interesting points.

If your God is infinate by being everything, then your God would be the Christian God also, which according to the Bible created yours. And if you say my God doesn't exist then your God isn't infinate.

Composition fallacy. If my God is the Universe your God would be one tiny part of it. If your God doesn't exist, the Universe will still continue to exist. Your argument is very naive and illogical, I can't believe you even said that.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2010 2:56:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 3/11/2010 11:08:13 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/11/2010 5:04:26 AM, GodSands wrote:
Never took the time to read my argument then?

I did. Don't worry, I'll get to it. You actually brought up a few interesting points.

If your God is infinate by being everything, then your God would be the Christian God also, which according to the Bible created yours. And if you say my God doesn't exist then your God isn't infinate.

Composition fallacy. If my God is the Universe your God would be one tiny part of it. If your God doesn't exist, the Universe will still continue to exist. Your argument is very naive and illogical, I can't believe you even said that.


But according to the Bible my God created the universe, my God isn't apart of the universe. So if your God is infinite then it would be my God also, but your God didn't create it's self with it's self? It does not make any sense, but because it doesn't your God is not infinite.
DevinKing
Posts: 206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2010 5:52:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/11/2010 8:06:37 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
If God were everything then He would be nothing as there could be no definition: So there MUST be nonGod; darkness, death, sin etc..

--There does NOT have to be nonGod. Reason: Having definition is not a prerequisite of existence. [Note: I agree that there would have to be nonGod in order for him to be good and for evil to exist.]
After demonstrating his existence with complete certainty with the proposition "I think, therefore I am", Descartes walks into a bar, sitting next to a gorgeous priest. The priest asks Descartes, "Would you like a drink?" Descartes responds, "I think not," and then proceeds to vanish in a puff of illogic.