Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Prove that God DIDN'T create the universe.

Dr_Obvious
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 10:27:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
OK. I'll admit that this is a troll thread, but turnabout is fair play. I'm also hoping someone makes a serious attempt do prove me wrong. I could use a good laugh. Someone asked for proof that God created the universe. I want someone to try to prove He didn't. Anyone care to try?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 10:34:55 AM
At 8/12/2014 10:27:26 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
OK. I'll admit that this is a troll thread, but turnabout is fair play. I'm also hoping someone makes a serious attempt do prove me wrong. I could use a good laugh. Someone asked for proof that God created the universe. I want someone to try to prove He didn't. Anyone care to try?

On a serious note, asserting statement and their denials are not equal.

Person 1: I was abducted by aliens
Person 2: Can you prove that ?
Person 1: Can you prove that I wasn't ?

Now unto the trolling........

Can you prove that Super God didn't create God who then created this universe cause he really likes black holes ?

Yeah you can't can you atheists !!! Check and Mate
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Arasa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 1:48:24 PM

Despite my position as a Christian, even I have to point out that this is not fair play. Nor can someone give a remotely acceptable answer to your request.

Burden of Proof is what philosophers refer to when they are deciding who has to prove what. For example, who has the burden of proof when two people are lined up and one says "A pink unicorn exists" and the other says "I don't believe him."?

What we see is that the first man is making a positive claim, which places the burden of proof on him. The second man is making a neutral statement: I don't believe you. This does not shoulder him with the burden of proof.

I explained this to a college philosophy major and his response was "Why don't Atheists have to prove that God does not exist then?" I admit, I was curious how he still could have this opinion after I'd explained how burden of proof operates. He noticed my expression and continued, "Atheists could say 'I don't believe you, Christians' but instead they say 'God does not exist' which is a positive claim."

I admit, I was dumbfounded for a few moments. Technically speaking, any person who says that there is absolutely zero chance that there is a God is making a positive claim, which DOES need to be defended.

So when an Atheist says "Prove God's existence", the burden of proof is on us Christians. But when an Atheist says "God does not exist" then he has shouldered the burden of proof onto himself. For a quick laugh, tell them that they need to restate their opinion as "I don't believe you when you say there is a God"

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind
lifemeansevolutionisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 8:34:38 AM

The BoP is on you to prove that God did create the universe, but here is a deductive argument that one of my friends uses.

1) Causes predate their effects in time.
2) There was no time before the Big Bang.
3) The Big Bang was uncaused.
4) God did not create the universe.

Premise 1 is supported by the law of causality.
Premise 2 is supported by scientific research.
3 follows from one and two.
4 follows from 3.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 8:44:54 AM

Matter/energy can be neither created nor destroyed. First Law of Thermodynamics.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire