Sharia law interpretation

eabey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 5:47:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hi All,

Would like to get the opinion of Rational Muslims what they think of how groups like ISIS interpret the Sharia Law? Do you think how they interpret Sharia is totally incorrect or is there some religious backing for it ?

Do moderate Muslims totally deny the caliphate status they have given themselves, or is there any valid religious basis for that ?
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 6:03:20 PM
And what their interpretation? some examples? this group is fighting the "enemies" like Assad forces or the foreign militaries its not just a religions idea first wars basically comes from political issues and people squash religion stuff to justify things... if you talking about the killing of minorities its wrong shameful disgusting everybody should condemn it.

what you mean by "moderate muslims" what you hinting they are the "real muslims"?
Never fart near dog
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 6:08:00 PM
At 8/12/2014 5:47:01 PM, eabey wrote:
Hi All,

Would like to get the opinion of Rational Muslims what they think of how groups like ISIS interpret the Sharia Law? Do you think how they interpret Sharia is totally incorrect or is there some religious backing for it ?

Do moderate Muslims totally deny the caliphate status they have given themselves, or is there any valid religious basis for that ?

Response: What is a moderate Muslim?
eabey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 6:16:03 PM
At 8/12/2014 6:03:20 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
And what their interpretation? some examples? this group is fighting the "enemies" like Assad forces or the foreign militaries its not just a religions idea first wars basically comes from political issues and people squash religion stuff to justify things... if you talking about the killing of minorities its wrong shameful disgusting everybody should condemn it.

what you mean by "moderate muslims" what you hinting they are the "real muslims"?

I'm not hinting anything, what i meant is rational Muslims who incite peace and harmony rather than death and turmoil.

Is it political when they Kill a Muslim woman by stoning her to death for Adultery ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

Yes, I was also talking about killing minorities including Shia and Christians....That was my question, is it totally political or is there any religious backing for this...
eabey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 6:18:06 PM
At 8/12/2014 6:08:00 PM, Fatihah wrote:
Hi All,

I meant Rational and it says so in the first line...sorry i don't think you out of everyone would know what that means ;)
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 6:27:15 PM
At 8/12/2014 6:18:06 PM, eabey wrote:
Hi All,

I meant Rational and it says so in the first line...sorry i don't think you out of everyone would know what that means ;)

Response: In other words, your impotence is so apparent that you write what you mean in a line above the statement instead as context to the actual statement. You should never wonder why no one takes you seriously.
eabey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 6:31:25 PM
At 8/12/2014 6:27:15 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/12/2014 6:18:06 PM, eabey wrote:
Hi All,

Response: In other words, your impotence is so apparent that you write what you mean in a line above the statement instead as context to the actual statement. You should never wonder why no one takes you seriously.

Thank you, but do you have anything to add about the Topic ?

And please don't talk about taking anyone seriously, coming from you I'm sure forum posters here know what a joke you are.

If you don't have anything to add to the post or the discussion rather than nitpicking words why bother to reply,

I wasn't making a "statement" i was merely asking for Opinion.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 6:40:48 PM
At 8/12/2014 6:31:25 PM, eabey wrote:

And please don't talk about taking anyone seriously, coming from you I'm sure forum posters here know what a joke you are.

If you don't have anything to add to the post or the discussion rather than nitpicking words why bother to reply,

Response: Adding to the topic implies the OP to actually be capable of intellectual and mature discussion. So the better question is why create a thread, knowing the lack of both characteristics by the thread starter?
eabey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 6:47:05 PM
At 8/12/2014 6:40:48 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Adding to the topic implies the OP to actually be capable of intellectual and mature discussion. So the better question is why create a thread, knowing the lack of both characteristics by the thread starter?

Ok Mr Quran Challenge then don't bother posting, see ya.

either you are afraid to condemn or you agree to I guess...

LOL! intellectual is not a word you should be using, so as i said earlier If you don't have anything to add don't post please
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 7:26:56 PM
At 8/12/2014 6:16:03 PM, eabey wrote:

I'm not hinting anything, what i meant is rational Muslims who incite peace and harmony rather than death and turmoil.

Is it political when they Kill a Muslim woman by stoning her to death for Adultery ?

In Islam the punishment for unmarried persons who commited Adultery is 100 lashs, for married ones who cheated their partners is death. it sound harsh but the fact it reduces almost to zero cases of rape and sexual harassment compare to westren society. counting statistics every few seconds there are rape or sexual harassment.in america alone there are 651 sexual assaults every day,i never heard rape case in saudi arabia ever because these animal rapists are afraid of that. secondly its the same law of the bible so condemn the bible believing people also.

Yes, I was also talking about killing minorities including Shia and Christians....That was my question, is it totally political or is there any religious backing for this...

Killing minorities of non-muslims is innovation and we all need to condemn it, but also we should condemn the killing of muslims in africa for being a muslims,in burma they slaughtering muslims all over the place,buddhists killing muslims in sri lanka who heard it anyway... thats should be part of the day too, nobody talking about that.

i dont know why ISIS is killing minorities including children and women, they are just brainwashed mixing islam and other stuff like revenge war and bullcrap... before talking about ISIS we need to know the history of it how why who where it began... the leader of them is a direct reaction of the american influence. the problem is America always produce terrorists and at the end it comes back to them.
Never fart near dog
eabey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 8:03:16 PM
At 8/12/2014 7:26:56 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

In Islam the punishment for unmarried persons who commited Adultery is 100 lashs, for married ones who cheated their partners is death. it sound harsh but the fact it reduces almost to zero cases of rape and sexual harassment compare to westren society. counting statistics every few seconds there are rape or sexual harassment.in america alone there are 651 sexual assaults every day,i never heard rape case in saudi arabia ever because these animal rapists are afraid of that. secondly its the same law of the bible so condemn the bible believing people also.

understand, but do they actually have a Judicial system which impartially checks all such claims which is more important than the punishment itself? Don't care about what the bible says as mostly it doesn't interpret to anything legally ( At least modern times anyway). Saying that death penalty for Adultery doesn't sound harsh, because it totally is.

Killing minorities of non-muslims is innovation and we all need to condemn it, but also we should condemn the killing of muslims in africa for being a muslims,in burma they slaughtering muslims all over the place,buddhists killing muslims in sri lanka who heard it anyway... thats should be part of the day too, nobody talking about that.

i dont know why ISIS is killing minorities including children and women, they are just brainwashed mixing islam and other stuff like revenge war and bullcrap... before talking about ISIS we need to know the history of it how why who where it began... the leader of them is a direct reaction of the american influence. the problem is America always produce terrorists and at the end it comes back to them.

Exactly my point, when is religion rational when things like this happen. Should there be a holy war declared on ISIS for twisting the faith ? isn't that more deplorable than lets say Adultery ? Be it Buddhist Extremists in Sri Lanka,Burma or Killings in Africa killing in the name of religion is irrational.

You can say it comes back to a America;But as of now its innocent Civilians in those country that is facing the brunt of the violence from these groups.

Do they have the right to declare themselves caliphate ? when they commit atrocities against humanity. Forget about killing foreigners, Christians (for arguments sake) think about the pain and suffering caused to fellow followers of Islam.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 8:30:47 PM
At 8/12/2014 8:03:16 PM, eabey wrote:

understand, but do they actually have a Judicial system which impartially checks all such claims which is more important than the punishment itself? Don't care about what the bible says as mostly it doesn't interpret to anything legally ( At least modern times anyway). Saying that death penalty for Adultery doesn't sound harsh, because it totally is.

I dont know whats going on there how they doing it but in islam it has a Judicial system as you said how to do it... court witnesses oaths and stuff its not just "oh we have one so lets beat him'... and judging ISIS according to the media i dont know the true side of ISIS... you know media is a westren tool. it mixing true with falsehood to catch the readers to catch the fish, you know in business the customers always right they say....

Exactly my point, when is religion rational when things like this happen. Should there be a holy war declared on ISIS for twisting the faith ? isn't that more deplorable than lets say Adultery ? Be it Buddhist Extremists in Sri Lanka,Burma or Killings in Africa killing in the name of religion is irrational.

Lol are you kiding me our muslims are sleeping in their daily lifes like anyone... they dont care about the muslims in Gaza or Burma cant send little donations what you think they will fight against ISIS?? and what 'holy war' you talking about, all over the world muslims being killed and no one standing for them....please... why you take a stand and encourage a holy war on westren forces in muslim world? ohh i see they fight for democracy and peace... in my @ss.

You can say it comes back to a America;But as of now its innocent Civilians in those country that is facing the brunt of the violence from these groups.

Before complaining about innocent civillian (how are little few) compare to the innocent muslims dying every day, by foreign forces. i can understand your westren people that fears of "terrorisim". what a bullcrap real terrorisim is occuring in the muslim world in the west you go to the shop and go to sleep terrorism in my @ss that too, a ghost fear created by your govments to control muslim lands, please show support of the muslim in pakistan afganistan yemen who is bombarding of drones. america is the real terrorisim but you guys are so brainwashed you got to a point you have to blame the victims of terrorism, what you think if you bombing some house in pakistan and out of 10, only 1 guy survives he wouldnt do nothing?? where is your brain.

Do they have the right to declare themselves caliphate ? when they commit atrocities against humanity. Forget about killing foreigners, Christians (for arguments sake) think about the pain and suffering caused to fellow followers of Islam.

They can call themselves whatever they want it doesnt makes them to be one. help our brothers and sisters in other places in other places. before shifting to a psychological approach to the muslims go fight your own govs who is killing muslims for oil.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 8:40:59 PM
Hi All,

https://www.youtube.com...

Watch this and dont be fake. what you think about them?? they goona be a "terrorists" or go and hug the israelis ha? what you would do in such situation? you will go to make a peace right?
Never fart near dog
eabey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 8:53:54 PM
At 8/12/2014 8:30:47 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

I dont know whats going on there how they doing it but in islam it has a Judicial system as you said how to do it... court witnesses oaths and stuff its not just "oh we have one so lets beat him'... and judging ISIS according to the media i dont know the true side of ISIS... you know media is a westren tool. it mixing true with falsehood to catch the readers to catch the fish, you know in business the customers always right they say....

Lol are you kiding me our muslims are sleeping in their daily lifes like anyone... they dont care about the muslims in Gaza or Burma cant send little donations what you think they will fight against ISIS?? and what 'holy war' you talking about, all over the world muslims being killed and no one standing for them....please... why you take a stand and encourage a holy war on westren forces in muslim world? ohh i see they fight for democracy and peace... in my @ss.

Before complaining about innocent civillian (how are little few) compare to the innocent muslims dying every day, by foreign forces. i can understand your westren people that fears of "terrorisim". what a bullcrap real terrorisim is occuring in the muslim world in the west you go to the shop and go to sleep terrorism in my @ss that too, a ghost fear created by your govments to control muslim lands, please show support of the muslim in pakistan afganistan yemen who is bombarding of drones. america is the real terrorisim but you guys are so brainwashed you got to a point you have to blame the victims of terrorism, what you think if you bombing some house in pakistan and out of 10, only 1 guy survives he wouldnt do nothing?? where is your brain.

They can call themselves whatever they want it doesnt makes them to be one. help our brothers and sisters in other places in other places. before shifting to a psychological approach to the muslims go fight your own govs who is killing muslims for oil.

You made the mistake of thinking that I originate from a western country, I am not.

Point being isn't incorrectly interpreting the religion same as desecrating the All mighty god himself ? How can Muslims stand for this, Political side of the whole issue being true be it oil, be it political instability or be it Saudi's. But shouldn't saving Islam from the misuse take priority and require the entire Muslim world to stand up as one ?

Again im saying im not making a statement I'm merely looking for opinion...
eabey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 8:59:01 PM
At 8/12/2014 8:40:59 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Hi All,

Watch this and dont be fake. what you think about them?? they goona be a "terrorists" or go and hug the israelis ha? what you would do in such situation? you will go to make a peace right?

Actually I have seen the full episode. I'm telling you I do not have a solution, I'm merely looking for opinion. But are you saying this is gonna be eternal (they kill us we kill them and it will go in circles)
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 9:22:02 PM
At 8/12/2014 8:59:01 PM, eabey wrote:
Hi All,

Actually I have seen the full episode. I'm telling you I do not have a solution, I'm merely looking for opinion. But are you saying this is gonna be eternal (they kill us we kill them and it will go in circles)
The only solution is moving Israel, at the moment. It does nothing but cause turmoil in the region. If they want piece like they say they do, a hinterland or stretch of the Outback would fit them fine.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 9:26:39 PM
Hi All,

Oh and ignore Fatihah. He just goes in circles.
TUF, and YYW
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 9:33:18 PM
At 8/12/2014 8:53:54 PM, eabey wrote:

You made the mistake of thinking that I originate from a western country, I am not.

Point being isn't incorrectly interpreting the religion same as desecrating the All mighty god himself ? How can Muslims stand for this, Political side of the whole issue being true be it oil, be it political instability or be it Saudi's. But shouldn't saving Islam from the misuse take priority and require the entire Muslim world to stand up as one ?

Well muslims cant help each other on small matters how do you expect to... anyway the real problem among muslims is nationalism. no one of the socalled "muslim" countries is following to do something for their religion, today is politics only, funny thing the arabs fighting each other for borders over the baritish and the franch maps lines of decades ago..., they are so stupid leave out religin now arabs fighting arabs same people, because everyone has its intrest, and nationalism is a great tool of america to divide muslims because they are afraid of one muslim country stretching from maroco to china... nationalism doing his job excellently, now they dont need to worry too much when muslims fighting over borders.
Never fart near dog
eabey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 9:33:57 PM
At 8/12/2014 9:26:39 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Hi All,

Noted :)

But Israel is only part of the problem isnt it ?
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 9:36:03 PM
At 8/12/2014 9:33:57 PM, eabey wrote:
At 8/12/2014 9:26:39 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Hi All,

Noted :)

But Israel is only part of the problem isnt it ?
No. We also have the extremist leaders. Killing them off quietly would work nicely.
TUF, and YYW
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 9:40:18 PM
At 8/12/2014 6:47:05 PM, eabey wrote:
At 8/12/2014 6:40:48 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Ok Mr Quran Challenge then don't bother posting, see ya.

either you are afraid to condemn or you agree to I guess...

LOL! intellectual is not a word you should be using, so as i said earlier If you don't have anything to add don't post please

Response: Yet your apparent impotence says otherwise. Try again.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 9:40:35 PM
Hi All,

Its not about jews vs arabs, its a human sickness everybody says he is right. they fighting for nothing, no its not eternal it would happen until every side blame himself and not going to kill each other, but its hard to imagine for these little kids in the future would do it, psychologically almost impossible, the isrealis can do something beacuse ofcourse they suffer nothing compare to gaza people.
Never fart near dog
eabey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 9:44:32 PM
At 8/12/2014 9:33:18 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 8/12/2014 8:53:54 PM, eabey wrote:

Well muslims cant help each other on small matters how do you expect to... anyway the real problem among muslims is nationalism. no one of the socalled "muslim" countries is following to do something for their religion, today is politics only, funny thing the arabs fighting each other for borders over the baritish and the franch maps lines of decades ago..., they are so stupid leave out religin now arabs fighting arabs same people, because everyone has its intrest, and nationalism is a great tool of america to divide muslims because they are afraid of one muslim country stretching from maroco to china... nationalism doing his job excellently, now they dont need to worry too much when muslims fighting over borders.

But surely there is some precedence in Upholding the righteousness of the Quran, if you believe Muslims are the chosen people from god why cant they see through this. How can they understand or interpret the divine if they cannot see through the mere western mortals ? Shouldn't all other interests bow down to upholding the religious sanctity if it indeed the ultimate truth as it is claimed to be ?
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 9:47:34 PM
At 8/12/2014 9:44:32 PM, eabey wrote:
But surely there is some precedence in Upholding the righteousness of the Quran, if you believe Muslims are the chosen people from god why cant they see through this. How can they understand or interpret the divine if they cannot see through the mere western mortals ? Shouldn't all other interests bow down to upholding the religious sanctity if it indeed the ultimate truth as it is claimed to be ?

So you talking about the governments or the people? and i cant understand your question please some example....
Never fart near dog
eabey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 9:51:59 PM
At 8/12/2014 9:47:34 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

So you talking about the governments or the people? and i cant understand your question please some example....

Im referring to Muslims as a whole, as a collective they were chosen by God not Arabs, Not Shia or Sunni or is that incorrect.? How can they say they have the ultimate truth but cant see that western forces are pitting them against one another ?
Keltron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 10:02:43 PM
Sharia law is a centuries old tradition of jurisprudence. In the West we think of Sharia as a hardline, sort of frontier justice, form of legal authority with harsh, seemingly barbaric application. That form of sharia is only put forth by hard core Islamists. Traditionally Islam, and Islamic law were pretty moderate, and in most cases fairly progressive. At it's core, Islam is about mercy, and mercy for the poor and dispossessed especially.

Since the European powers carved up the former Ottoman empire Muslim lands have been ruled for the most part by dictators and despots, and subjected to colonialist exploitation and adventurism. It's no wonder Muslims are fed up with the West and its puppet dictators. There is an outcry for justice which has reached critical mass. Even frontier justice is preferable to endemic corruption and outside interference and political manipulation.

Corrupt rulers deflect the people's ire by exploiting sectarian divisions. This has always been their go-to technique. The Belgians actually invented two "tribal" groups in Rwanda: the Tutsi and Hutu, and then strategically pitted them against each other. This is actually happening presently in the U.S. as the Republican Party plays identity politics to rile up rednecks and evangelicals in an effort to convince them that their self-perceived right to ultimate cultural hegemony is under attack from secularists, progressives, and academics. They are coerced to vote against their own economic self-interest, and in return they get ideology, which costs nothing, and accomplishes nothing.

America, in particular, has a long history of propping up despots, then supporting insurgent factions when those despots outlive their usefulness. We've seen this same scenario play itself out all over the world. In Iran in the 70's, in Central America in the 80's, In Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and Syria present day. Our drones are killing innocent civilians in Pakistan on a regular basis. And let's not even talk about our support for the apartheid regime in Israel. How many kids do we need to kill before our blood lust revenge for 9-11 is satiated?

What Muslims in Muslim countries need is the rule of law, self determination, and democratic institutions that are accountable to the people. In the absence of all of that we can only expect more of the same: sectarian violence exacerbated by Western interference.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 10:09:10 PM
Oh please! Muhammad's religion is not a religion of God but a war manual using this projection of Muhammad, Allah, as cover to fool ignorant peoples whose cultural traditions allow for religious fascists to control them, these places where Muhammadism flourishes always backward illiterate countries used to dictators and totally unfamiliar with democracy and human rights protection.

When Muhammadans get cornered by the new Zionist Crusade to control Middle East oil reserves by destabilizing Muslim rulers using the European Colony of Israel to do this, Muhammadans go to the Book and look for verses that will allow them to strike back with Muhammad's use of terrorism. In other words, the most violent of Muhammadan voices will be heard and acted upon as long as the threat of Zionist Crusaders exists with their center in Israel. Muhammadism, like Zionist Judaism, is inherently violent and show this side whenever push comes to shove.

As Muhammadism brainwashes its believers by commanding them to repeat Muhammad's ideas 5 times a day every day of their life, there is no rational dialogue open to non-Muslims. Fatihah shows what happens when you try to get a Muhammadan to tell the truth: you get anything but, just a raft of words that falls apart if you try to find anything to stand on.

What you can count on with Muhammadans, is lack of control of their rage and empathy centers where Muhammad's brainwashing creates triggers in Muhammadan brains to fire to set them off on violence, e.g. just try insulting a man dead in his grave 1400 years and see what happens. Total irrationality as brainwashed Muhammadans literally can't tell the difference between an insult to an ancient dead man and to themselves as clones of Muhammad, his robots created from his Book that these very foolish people have never compared to all the human literature that makes us humanity. Which explains why Muhammadism lacks humanity and attacks human rights viciously making it no choice at all for human beings in the 21st century who desire peace, justice and harmony for all.

Zionist Crusade to take the Holy Land for Jews from Europe and America to own and control.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 10:11:28 PM
At 8/12/2014 9:51:59 PM, eabey wrote:
At 8/12/2014 9:47:34 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

Im referring to Muslims as a whole, as a collective they were chosen by God not Arabs, Not Shia or Sunni or is that incorrect.? How can they say they have the ultimate truth but cant see that western forces are pitting them against one another ?

Now you shifted the issue to "islam" it self, so you saying how god can do such a thing if your religion is true... you guys become a master psychologists, well that is the most foolish questoin i ever heard. for 1400 of islamic history, with science mathematics technology and contless empires no compare other nations like the christains who do nothing for this world except for dark ages, killing jews, eliminating nations and giving them a bible to enslave them all over the world with Colonization and burning witches. sorry but thats true. ohhhh where is the comparison? there is none. without muslims you would still living in dark ages, yeah God hates Islam but only after few years if death of the prophet the muslims destroyed 2 empires of the times, created emipre streaching from borders of france to china, it was a center learning with millions of books when at the same time in whole of europe there was dozens of books which was only bibles lol. thank God for the muslims.

You are christain right? the same question of nonsense comes always of that side... come tell meyou are christain and dont lie im gonna expose you with your bible all the allegations you pointed against Islam PATHETIC!
Never fart near dog
eabey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 10:14:24 PM
At 8/12/2014 10:02:43 PM, Keltron wrote:
Sharia law is a centuries old tradition of jurisprudence. In the West we think of Sharia as a hardline, sort of frontier justice, form of legal authority with harsh, seemingly barbaric application. That form of sharia is only put forth by hard core Islamists. Traditionally Islam, and Islamic law were pretty moderate, and in most cases fairly progressive. At it's core, Islam is about mercy, and mercy for the poor and dispossessed especially.

Since the European powers carved up the former Ottoman empire Muslim lands have been ruled for the most part by dictators and despots, and subjected to colonialist exploitation and adventurism. It's no wonder Muslims are fed up with the West and its puppet dictators. There is an outcry for justice which has reached critical mass. Even frontier justice is preferable to endemic corruption and outside interference and political manipulation.

Corrupt rulers deflect the people's ire by exploiting sectarian divisions. This has always been their go-to technique. The Belgians actually invented two "tribal" groups in Rwanda: the Tutsi and Hutu, and then strategically pitted them against each other. This is actually happening presently in the U.S. as the Republican Party plays identity politics to rile up rednecks and evangelicals in an effort to convince them that their self-perceived right to ultimate cultural hegemony is under attack from secularists, progressives, and academics. They are coerced to vote against their own economic self-interest, and in return they get ideology, which costs nothing, and accomplishes nothing.

America, in particular, has a long history of propping up despots, then supporting insurgent factions when those despots outlive their usefulness. We've seen this same scenario play itself out all over the world. In Iran in the 70's, in Central America in the 80's, In Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and Syria present day. Our drones are killing innocent civilians in Pakistan on a regular basis. And let's not even talk about our support for the apartheid regime in Israel. How many kids do we need to kill before our blood lust revenge for 9-11 is satiated?

What Muslims in Muslim countries need is the rule of law, self determination, and democratic institutions that are accountable to the people. In the absence of all of that we can only expect more of the same: sectarian violence exacerbated by Western interference.

Thanks for the above.

Adding to that with over 1 Billion Muslims from around the world why aren't there any Muslims championing their cause ? Surely the Quran can guide at least one person as it did Muhammad.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2014 10:18:51 PM
At 8/12/2014 10:14:24 PM, eabey wrote:
At 8/12/2014 10:02:43 PM, Keltron wrote:

Thanks for the above.

Adding to that with over 1 Billion Muslims from around the world why aren't there any Muslims championing their cause ? Surely the Quran can guide at least one person as it did Muhammad.

master psychologist...
Never fart near dog