Total Posts:78|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Women. Religion"s longest running victims.

GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 11:33:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago

Here we are in civilized and enlightened societies and cultures in high tech times and we are not smart enough to recognize that the world will continue in strife as long as we men do not give women full equality as a minimum to what men should do towards the care of families.

I hope you are astute enough to see this. If you do nothing then you know not what duty to your family should be. The women in your family deserve to be first class citizens.

Men are maintaining God"s curse against women. He will rule over you.

Men. Christians, Catholics and Muslims. Free your women. It"s time. Man up.

Please.

Regards
DL
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 3:40:13 PM
At 8/13/2014 11:33:18 AM, GreatestIam wrote:

Here we are in civilized and enlightened societies and cultures in high tech times and we are not smart enough to recognize that the world will continue in strife as long as we men do not give women full equality as a minimum to what men should do towards the care of families.

I hope you are astute enough to see this. If you do nothing then you know not what duty to your family should be. The women in your family deserve to be first class citizens.

Please.

Regards
DL

Christianity does not oppress women, or, rather, if it does, it does so incorrectly. Catholics do - but no moreso than they do anybody else.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 3:44:26 PM
At 8/13/2014 3:40:13 PM, annanicole wrote:

Please.

Regards
DL

Christianity does not oppress women, or, rather, if it does, it does so incorrectly. Catholics do - but no moreso than they do anybody else.

What do you mean that if Christianity oppresses women it does so incorrectly? Do you mean (1) that scriptural procedures that oppress women are incorrect or (2) that people interpret a scripture that is explicitly non-oppressive towards women and use it incorrectly to oppress women?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 4:28:22 PM
At 8/13/2014 3:44:26 PM, Benshapiro wrote:

Please.

Regards
DL

What do you mean that if Christianity oppresses women it does so incorrectly? Do you mean (1) that scriptural procedures that oppress women are incorrect or (2) that people interpret a scripture that is explicitly non-oppressive towards women and use it incorrectly to oppress women?

I'm not sure what "explicitly non-oppressive" is, but nonetheless, I mean that no NT scripture should be twisted into a justification for oppression of anybody.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 4:44:25 PM

Please.

Regards
DL

?? Catholics aren't Christians? And we mistreat women? So much for the historical criticism that Catholics raise Mary too high.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 4:52:57 PM
At 8/13/2014 4:44:25 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Please.

Regards
DL

?? Catholics aren't Christians? And we mistreat women? So much for the historical criticism that Catholics raise Mary too high.

I was merely differentiating the Christianity taught and practiced in the NT with the system taught and practiced later by Roman Catholics. I was going back on the other side of the popes and councils to the time when there was simply the Holy Scriptures.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 5:02:41 PM
At 8/13/2014 4:52:57 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/13/2014 4:44:25 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Please.

Regards
DL

I was merely differentiating the Christianity taught and practiced in the NT with the system taught and practiced later by Roman Catholics. I was going back on the other side of the popes and councils to the time when there was simply the Holy Scriptures.

lol.
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 5:57:21 PM

Please.

Regards
DL

Thanks for your reply. You are a woman. Going by your name,

Tell me. Is --- he shall rule over you, --- degrading to women, --- as it does not ever allow for the opposite of she shall rule over you?

Regards
DL
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 7:00:32 PM
At 8/13/2014 4:28:22 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/13/2014 3:44:26 PM, Benshapiro wrote:

Please.

Regards
DL

I'm not sure what "explicitly non-oppressive" is, but nonetheless, I mean that no NT scripture should be twisted into a justification for oppression of anybody.

It's self-explanatory. Explicitly means "stated clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt" and non-oppressive means the negation of oppressive. Oppressive means "the exercise of authority or power in a burdensome, cruel, or unjust manner. the feeling of being heavily burdened, mentally or physically, by troubles, adverse conditions, anxiety, etc." -google

Is the bible explicitly non-oppressive towards women? Or in other words, does the bible state clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt that there are no verses exercising authority or power towards women in a burdensome, cruel, or unjust manner?

Genesis 3:16 it tells us: "thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee."

1 Corinthians 11 "Christ is the head of every man, and a husband the head of his wife, and the head of Christ is God."

1 Corinthians 11:7-9:"For a man is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman but woman for man. For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head."

1 Corinthians 14:34-35: "...women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says, If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church."

Ephesians 5:22-24: "Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife...wives should submit to their husbands in everything."

Exodus 21:7: "And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do."

1 Timothy 2:11-14 "A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner."

I ask again, is the bible explicitly non-oppressive towards women?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 7:00:59 PM
At 8/13/2014 5:57:21 PM, GreatestIam wrote:

Please.

Regards
DL

Thanks for your reply. You are a woman. Going by your name,

Tell me. Is --- he shall rule over you, --- degrading to women, --- as it does not ever allow for the opposite of she shall rule over you?

Regards
DL

Not in the manner in which it was written, if the man is following the same set of scriptures.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 7:43:16 PM
Somewhere along the line ancient men in the Near East got fed up with Goddess worship and decided to throw the Divine Feminine out of heaven. Canaanite EL couldn't be top God anymore as He was too associated with Asherah so priests of Judah did their Lucifer make over elevating the Israelite tribal war god, Yahweh, to EL's position as God Most High. But it was only man-made trickery and never was spiritually real as history shows, Yahweh could not handle human beings without being his War God self that could never find unconditional love of human beings.

Women are softer, and lack the RAGE centers in their brains that men have with triggers to make them go off to propel them into battle with other men. To get a religious warfare society then you need to get the women's political power reduced to nothing, no women allowed in any important social authority. The Goddess becomes forbidden to worship and with no Divine Feminine in heaven, women on earth are reduced to chattel status, property of males who own them...until secular Democracy and Human Rights changes the male patriarchal domination.

Now understand this: The Meek is code for Human Rights protection and Democracy. That is how the Meek inherit the earth from the Strong Man ideologues who currently rule the world as true Christianity still has not arrived to overthrow the Strong Man curse on every human society.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 7:53:33 PM

Please.

Regards
DL

Response: Islam already frees women by providing the best in values. While your civilized society of exploiting and degrading women shows otherwise.

Free your women please.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 10:36:48 PM
Says our brainwashed Muhammadan clone who obviously never goes outside into the real world where his fellow Muhammadan brethren routinely maim young women for the rest of their lives, and force all of them into cloth prisons, home prisons, mental prisons, where they cannot interfere with their male guardians who cannot control their sexual desires around normally dressed women.

Muhammadanism is terrorism for women and they will be the ones who will overthrow the Strong Man's all male totalitarian ideology. Fatihah, brainwashing his brain 5 times daily by repeating Muhammad's ideas, shows what that type of brainwashing does to moral thinking. It erases it and replaces it with Muhammad's thinking, 7th century ideas where human rights protecting women's rights are unknown. All real social power is held by men under Muhammadan anti-feminine ideology.

As rape statistics are universally condemning men, not just Judeo-Christians, but Hindus and other religionists as well because rape is universally concurrent with male dominated societies statistically, But since sociology is unknown to Fatihah as is human rights and democracy, all these things countering his brainwashing from the dead man, we can only expect weasel words lying about Muhammadan treatment of women which is to treat them as units of property owned by the man who makes all the major decisions for them.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 2:08:06 AM

Please.

Regards
DL

Yeah your women are busy to make up for 2 hours in the morning, trying to look like the sexist beautiful woman in the world with all the make ups, faking everything, showing all the details about her, there is no diffirent between naked and the dresses they wearing, so they can attract every man in the street, the more you are looking sexy the more friends you have, the less beautiful you are the more rubbish you are. so all day they are like materials to expoilt, some best some less.

tell me how dare you let your wifes or your mothers to be half naked just for how people would think about them?? leting wife to be naked just because she would look like a star?? disgusting. actually Islam frees them from that physiological competition, you are most beautiful only you your husband/wife and your family, why let you give your body to people you dont like anyway? in Islam what is important is the character,
be real and think for your self and dont go out your way to a position "how people will look at me", be yourself.
Never fart near dog
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 2:53:42 AM

Please.

Regards
DL

I am curious - in our secular society, with atheism so prevalent, are women paid on average only about 80% of what a man makes? Are you claiming that misogyny and its relief is a tenet of atheism? Because it isn't, and indeed, atheists as individuals can be as hate mongering and explotive of women as anyone else. Atheism does not magically cure the subordination of women does it?

Indeed, in Christian religions, women are bishops, preists, etc. the Christian religion, which confines priesthood to men in many cases, nevertheless places NO secular restriction on what women can do - it also, in direct rebuttal to your position, retains the value of motherhood as a equal and worthy vocation in and of itself. Is that 'oppression'?

Why is rape an epidemic levels, which no religion supports? Why is pornography prevelant, with its attendant exploitation of women? Why do the majority of atheists, apparently so attentive to women's equality support legalizing prostitution? Espcially when all the OBJECTIVE data states that this supports human trafficking of hundreds of thousands of women? Modern human slavery is acceptable? The Catholic Church doesn't think so. Neither does any other main stream religion.

Perhaps it would be time, if we are against bigotry and the exploitation of others (like the oppression of women) that we stop applying massive generalizations to entire classes of people based on overt simplification and the need to demonize those we disgree with? Stop applying special status to ourselves and simply address the problem- exploitation of women, and address ALL of its causes rather than using our own religious biases to inform and situation in a manner that is just a bigoted as the ostensibly confronted bigotry?

Religious people do not 'hate' women any more than atheists do, and in the midst of atheism, the prevelance of gender bias, including the relative dearth of women in atheism, is every bit as much of a problem as it is anywhere else.

Let he who is without sin caste the first stone ...
Arasa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 5:05:09 AM

Please.

Regards
DL

I apologize profusely if this attitude towards women is what you have perceived of the Christian church. I certainly hope that I will see more of your posts, so as to provide you with more information about Christianity that you already have... Because we do not oppress women. Every soul is equal in existence in the eyes of the Lord

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 10:09:46 AM
At 8/13/2014 7:00:59 PM, annanicole wrote:

Not in the manner in which it was written, if the man is following the same set of scriptures.

Hogwash.

Of course the man will follow the same scripture. It makes him your master.

And you do not see that as degrading. Wow.

Quite the human you will make if you ever learn to think in a moral way.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 10:17:09 AM
At 8/13/2014 7:06:32 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
Oops source didn't post correctly

Source: http://slartyobrian.hubpages.com...

That was well done.

Why is there more women in religion than men was one of the questions.

Simple answer if you ask this question.

Who is more likely to pray for deliverance from oppression? The men who oppress or the women who are oppressed?

The answer is quite apparent to me.

Am I wrong?

Further, women have more heart, generally speaking, than men and spirituality comes easier for them. That may be why women were the Goddesses and ruled peacefully for the first 20,000 years of recorded history before the Bronze Age.. Then men took over and we have lived in war ever since.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 10:24:04 AM
At 8/13/2014 7:43:16 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
Somewhere along the line ancient men in the Near East got fed up with Goddess worship and decided to throw the Divine Feminine out of heaven. Canaanite EL couldn't be top God anymore as He was too associated with Asherah so priests of Judah did their Lucifer make over elevating the Israelite tribal war god, Yahweh, to EL's position as God Most High. But it was only man-made trickery and never was spiritually real as history shows, Yahweh could not handle human beings without being his War God self that could never find unconditional love of human beings.

Women are softer, and lack the RAGE centers in their brains that men have with triggers to make them go off to propel them into battle with other men. To get a religious warfare society then you need to get the women's political power reduced to nothing, no women allowed in any important social authority. The Goddess becomes forbidden to worship and with no Divine Feminine in heaven, women on earth are reduced to chattel status, property of males who own them...until secular Democracy and Human Rights changes the male patriarchal domination.

Now understand this: The Meek is code for Human Rights protection and Democracy. That is how the Meek inherit the earth from the Strong Man ideologues who currently rule the world as true Christianity still has not arrived to overthrow the Strong Man curse on every human society.

Still not arrived!!

Christians are a large part of the problem. They are also the solution if they act.

They have a short time to decide if their religion will die or survive the next generation. Stats show that it they do not change policies, they will die.

The tip[ping point is close. Thank all the Gods.

https://www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 10:26:56 AM
At 8/14/2014 10:09:46 AM, GreatestIam wrote:

Hogwash.

I certainly do not. And the words were "degrading" ... "victims" .... and the like. Now it's "degrading".

You seem to think different roles = degradation for one party or the other.

Has it occurred to you that, religiously (and in other avenues), I wouldn't want a group of menopausal, hormonal, emotional women making decisions? Can you imagine a group of women elders, all with PMS, trying to decide on whether to retain or fire the preacher? No, thanks.
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 10:29:13 AM
At 8/13/2014 7:43:16 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:

What do you call true Christianity.

I call true Christianity Gnostic Christianity as I think that it was annihilated because of this very issue of equality. We are Universalists that have to give equality and then more to women and children. Christianity under Constantine would not allow equality of anyone. His sheeple were slaved to his new church and no one was allowed to be anything else. All free thinking freedom seeking cults had to die.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 10:34:00 AM
At 8/13/2014 7:53:33 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Please.

Regards
DL

Response: Islam already frees women by providing the best in values. While your civilized society of exploiting and degrading women shows otherwise.

Free your women please.

What are tour thoughts on that new Afghanistan rape law?

What are your thoughts on Muslim dancing boys?

What are your thoughts on the what, 5,000 so called Honor Killings that the world suffer yearly? Or all the mutilations that your women suffer at the hands of Muslim men who go un-punished?

All people and religions are in this immoral situation my friend and to try to split responsibility as you are doing serve not one woman so yes, free your women.

Regards.
DL
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 10:44:37 AM
At 8/14/2014 2:08:06 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:

Please.

Regards
DL

Yeah your women are busy to make up for 2 hours in the morning, trying to look like the sexist beautiful woman in the world with all the make ups, faking everything, showing all the details about her, there is no diffirent between naked and the dresses they wearing, so they can attract every man in the street, the more you are looking sexy the more friends you have, the less beautiful you are the more rubbish you are. so all day they are like materials to expoilt, some best some less.

tell me how dare you let your wifes or your mothers to be half naked just for how people would think about them?? leting wife to be naked just because she would look like a star?? disgusting. actually Islam frees them from that physiological competition, you are most beautiful only you your husband/wife and your family, why let you give your body to people you dont like anyway? in Islam what is important is the character,
be real and think for your self and dont go out your way to a position "how people will look at me", be yourself.

"how dare you let your wifes".

How dare you not let your wives dress as they wish just because you cannot control your sexual urges without your wives hiding themselves form you lack of control.

Strange that I am told by Muslins that sin is to be faced and conquered as a part of character building, --- a man's fist priority in Islam, yet for sexual attitudes, you would rather hide than face down your own urges and improve your character.

Muslim men are weakened with your policies of hiding temptation away. Allah would not be pleased. One does not master anything while hiding from it.

Man up my friend and free your women so that you can fee yourself from your wanton desires and strengthen your character.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 10:51:51 AM
At 8/14/2014 2:53:42 AM, neutral wrote:

Please.

Regards
DL

I am curious - in our secular society, with atheism so prevalent, are women paid on average only about 80% of what a man makes? Are you claiming that misogyny and its relief is a tenet of atheism? Because it isn't, and indeed, atheists as individuals can be as hate mongering and explotive of women as anyone else. Atheism does not magically cure the subordination of women does it?

Indeed, in Christian religions, women are bishops, preists, etc. the Christian religion, which confines priesthood to men in many cases, nevertheless places NO secular restriction on what women can do - it also, in direct rebuttal to your position, retains the value of motherhood as a equal and worthy vocation in and of itself. Is that 'oppression'?

Why is rape an epidemic levels, which no religion supports? Why is pornography prevelant, with its attendant exploitation of women? Why do the majority of atheists, apparently so attentive to women's equality support legalizing prostitution? Espcially when all the OBJECTIVE data states that this supports human trafficking of hundreds of thousands of women? Modern human slavery is acceptable? The Catholic Church doesn't think so. Neither does any other main stream religion.

Perhaps it would be time, if we are against bigotry and the exploitation of others (like the oppression of women) that we stop applying massive generalizations to entire classes of people based on overt simplification and the need to demonize those we disgree with? Stop applying special status to ourselves and simply address the problem- exploitation of women, and address ALL of its causes rather than using our own religious biases to inform and situation in a manner that is just a bigoted as the ostensibly confronted bigotry?

Religious people do not 'hate' women any more than atheists do, and in the midst of atheism, the prevelance of gender bias, including the relative dearth of women in atheism, is every bit as much of a problem as it is anywhere else.

Let he who is without sin caste the first stone ...

Exactly. We re all guilty of maintaining the status quo of inequality and that is why I throw a stone.

As to atheism. You would have to have your head really deep in the sand if in a world where religions hold the vast majority of the population, you will highlight the minority of atheists in the world.

That is quite hypocritical.

You must be in a religion. Only those in them can be so blind to what they promote in terms of inequality.

He shall rule over you.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 10:56:59 AM
At 8/14/2014 5:05:09 AM, Arasa wrote:

Please.

Regards
DL

I apologize profusely if this attitude towards women is what you have perceived of the Christian church. I certainly hope that I will see more of your posts, so as to provide you with more information about Christianity that you already have... Because we do not oppress women. Every soul is equal in existence in the eyes of the Lord

Strange then that if all souls are equal, God promises to send the vast majority to hell and only keep a few in heaven. That is hardly God giving equality to all souls.

Or are you saying that God truly values every soul and he is a Universalist, like the Gnostic Christian God, and your God gets us all into heaven.

Be clear because your initial statement does not hold water.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 11:00:35 AM
At 8/14/2014 10:26:56 AM, annanicole wrote:

Hogwash.

I certainly do not. And the words were "degrading" ... "victims" .... and the like. Now it's "degrading".

Has it occurred to you that, religiously (and in other avenues), I wouldn't want a group of menopausal, hormonal, emotional women making decisions? Can you imagine a group of women elders, all with PMS, trying to decide on whether to retain or fire the preacher? No, thanks.

Dumb woman. Old women no longer bleed so to use PMS as your excuse to remain under and less of a human than men shows just how deep your indoctrination has corrupted your morals.

Regards
DL
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 11:04:31 AM
At 8/14/2014 11:00:35 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 8/14/2014 10:26:56 AM, annanicole wrote:

Hogwash.

Dumb woman. Old women no longer bleed so to use PMS as your excuse to remain under and less of a human than men shows just how deep your indoctrination has corrupted your morals.

Regards
DL

LMAO! Who said anything about "old women" bleeding? I mean, other than you? I said "elders" in the Biblical sense, as an office of authority in the church. And saying that women are typically more emotional, i. e. have a greater tendency to make decisions based upon feelings rather than facts, is not any sort of religious indoctrination. The Bible says nothing about it.

My advice would be for you to find something else to whine about.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 11:18:30 AM
At 8/14/2014 10:34:00 AM, GreatestIam wrote:

What are tour thoughts on that new Afghanistan rape law?

What are your thoughts on Muslim dancing boys?

What are your thoughts on the what, 5,000 so called Honor Killings that the world suffer yearly? Or all the mutilations that your women suffer at the hands of Muslim men who go un-punished?

All people and religions are in this immoral situation my friend and to try to split responsibility as you are doing serve not one woman so yes, free your women.

Regards.
DL

Response: There is nothing to think about, as none of it is according to the Qur'an or Sunnah. So it has nothing to do with Islam, nor can you quote from these sources to show otherwise. Whereas the exploitation of women is a definite part our your society and culture. So where is your campaign and protest against it?
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 11:26:02 AM
At 8/14/2014 10:44:37 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 8/14/2014 2:08:06 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:

Please.

Regards
DL

"how dare you let your wifes".

How dare you not let your wives dress as they wish just because you cannot control your sexual urges without your wives hiding themselves form you lack of control.

Strange that I am told by Muslins that sin is to be faced and conquered as a part of character building, --- a man's fist priority in Islam, yet for sexual attitudes, you would rather hide than face down your own urges and improve your character.

Muslim men are weakened with your policies of hiding temptation away. Allah would not be pleased. One does not master anything while hiding from it.

Man up my friend and free your women so that you can fee yourself from your wanton desires and strengthen your character.

Regards
DL

wow what a response. im not attacking you, im advising you to think, our women are the true liberators, same goes for the man, they both need to hide their private parts except between husband and wife.

What you prefer woman that thinks always how to look good for other people, wearing high heels, make uping, dressing low or woman not showing off and her beauty only for the husband and vise versa. really they suffer physiological battle, its all materialistic world of view, how to look good, why need to be slave for others?? be yourself. happiness and inner peace comes from satisfying in what you have and not being fake and showing off for other people. thats true liberation. but you think being naked is true liberation, think outside the box.
Never fart near dog