Total Posts:194|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

War on militant Atheism

Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset. I myself have been bullied by many atheists in debates basically making my religion look ridiculous. I have a family member who's an atheist and because of that treatment, i held in for too long. I've seen how bigoted, cruel, ignorant, and arrogant they can be. I declare war on militant atheism. I won't resort to the same tactics, but if "militant atheism" attacks, i will fire shots as well. I will attack at full force and defend by any means necessary using pure logic and evidence. I'm not a "soft" Christian, i am brutal and will take on any atheist who challenges me on DDO.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 1:28:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Make fun of them back.. they think from pure nothing somehow popped (by chance) a fart that created the universe and everything came to existence and by chance it ended up with human being, from nothing to complex body and anything within it. i think they are the most superstitious people on earth lol.
Never fart near dog
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 1:37:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 1:28:42 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Make fun of them back.. they think from pure nothing somehow popped (by chance) a fart that created the universe and everything came to existence and by chance it ended up with human being, from nothing to complex body and anything within it. i think they are the most superstitious people on earth lol.

nah i won't make fun of them, instead i will just crush their arguments. They are fully capable of making the same logical errors they criticize their opponents of.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 1:54:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.

It's a problem when you are emotionally invested in a story. It's not our fault that you have put yourself in such a position. To attack Christianity the bible also needs to be attacked, it had to be done.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset.

Ok.

I myself have been bullied by many atheists in debates basically making my religion look ridiculous.

Attacking your religion is not the same as a personal attack. I and many others think your beliefs are absolutely ridiculous, and those beliefs should be shred apart and ridiculed to illustrate that fact.

I'm not a "soft" Christian, i am brutal and will take on any atheist who challenges me on DDO.

And you will lose more often than not, because your position is indefensible.
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 2:51:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 1:54:47 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.

It's a problem when you are emotionally invested in a story. It's not our fault that you have put yourself in such a position. To attack Christianity the bible also needs to be attacked, it had to be done.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset.

Ok.

I myself have been bullied by many atheists in debates basically making my religion look ridiculous.

Attacking your religion is not the same as a personal attack. I and many others think your beliefs are absolutely ridiculous, and those beliefs should be shred apart and ridiculed to illustrate that fact.

I'm not a "soft" Christian, i am brutal and will take on any atheist who challenges me on DDO.

And you will lose more often than not, because your position is indefensible.

Well set up a debate and lets go then...
Zylorarchy
Posts: 209
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 2:59:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 1:28:42 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Make fun of them back.. they think from pure nothing somehow popped (by chance) a fart that created the universe and everything came to existence and by chance it ended up with human being, from nothing to complex body and anything within it. i think they are the most superstitious people on earth lol.

This clear anti-atheism is what stirs anti-theism in the first place. "Militant atheism" is by no means good, but you are no matter than they if you spew out these sorts of comments.
"I am not intolerant of religion, I am intolerant of intolerance"
"True freedom is not simply left or right. It is the ability to know when a law is needed, but more importantly, know when one is not"
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 4:12:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 2:51:53 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:54:47 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.

It's a problem when you are emotionally invested in a story. It's not our fault that you have put yourself in such a position. To attack Christianity the bible also needs to be attacked, it had to be done.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset.

Ok.

I myself have been bullied by many atheists in debates basically making my religion look ridiculous.

Attacking your religion is not the same as a personal attack. I and many others think your beliefs are absolutely ridiculous, and those beliefs should be shred apart and ridiculed to illustrate that fact.

I'm not a "soft" Christian, i am brutal and will take on any atheist who challenges me on DDO.

And you will lose more often than not, because your position is indefensible.

Well set up a debate and lets go then...

Give me a resolution.
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 4:43:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 4:12:11 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/15/2014 2:51:53 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:54:47 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.

It's a problem when you are emotionally invested in a story. It's not our fault that you have put yourself in such a position. To attack Christianity the bible also needs to be attacked, it had to be done.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset.

Ok.

I myself have been bullied by many atheists in debates basically making my religion look ridiculous.

Attacking your religion is not the same as a personal attack. I and many others think your beliefs are absolutely ridiculous, and those beliefs should be shred apart and ridiculed to illustrate that fact.

I'm not a "soft" Christian, i am brutal and will take on any atheist who challenges me on DDO.

And you will lose more often than not, because your position is indefensible.

Well set up a debate and lets go then...

Give me a resolution.

How about "Christianity is the most rational of all faiths"
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 4:59:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 4:43:55 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/15/2014 4:12:11 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/15/2014 2:51:53 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:54:47 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.

It's a problem when you are emotionally invested in a story. It's not our fault that you have put yourself in such a position. To attack Christianity the bible also needs to be attacked, it had to be done.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset.

Ok.

I myself have been bullied by many atheists in debates basically making my religion look ridiculous.

Attacking your religion is not the same as a personal attack. I and many others think your beliefs are absolutely ridiculous, and those beliefs should be shred apart and ridiculed to illustrate that fact.

I'm not a "soft" Christian, i am brutal and will take on any atheist who challenges me on DDO.

And you will lose more often than not, because your position is indefensible.

Well set up a debate and lets go then...

Give me a resolution.

How about "Christianity is the most rational of all faiths"

By definition 'faith' is irrational in my views, so the resolution is nonsensical to me.

How about just:

"Belief in Christianity is rational"?
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 6:47:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.
If someone remains neutral on God, they're an agnostic, not an atheist.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset.
So upset it would seem, that your usual decent grammar has completely escaped you. (It's "I have seen", or "I saw"). But here's the thing; no one is "bullying" anyone. The fact is, reality is much easier to support than absurd fantasy.

I myself have been bullied by many atheists in debates basically making my religion look ridiculous.
We don't "make" your religion look any way other than how it is. If we claimed things your religion doesn't claim, then it wouldn't be your religion, now would it? We only present your religion for the way it presents itself. And if you then realize how ridiculous it is, that's a property of your religion, not of atheism or (as you like to call it) "militant atheism", which is just silly.

I have a family member who's an atheist and because of that treatment, i held in for too long. I've seen how bigoted, cruel, ignorant, and arrogant they can be.
How many atheists have told you that you're evil, wicked, sinful and should be tormented for all of eternity? How many have told you that you're "dead", because you don't believe what they believe? The problem is that you're so used to the aggressive, arrogant, brash, and insulting tactics of your religion, that you just don't see it. But when you see atheists not just sitting there pretending to have respect for the foolish ideas of your religion, then suddenly you're all pissy. I can only suggest that you try to gain a little perspective, so that you can see that religion has been drawing blood for as long as it has existed, and all we're doing is demonstrating that the beliefs themselves are ignorant, ridiculous, foolish and dangerous. How many atheist "crusades" has history recorded? List even one "Atheist Inquisition". When did atheism ever support slavery or rape? How often do atheists knock on your door wanting to discuss atheism with you? It's time for theists to wake up and realize that you've been waging a war against civility for tens of centuries, and only now have we been pushed to the point of beginning to push back.

Grow up, silly. All we're doing is mounting a defense against the onslaught religion has practiced for centuries, and you're getting all pissed because we're defending ourselves. Religion is wayyyy out of bounds and it always has been. And because that's just always been the way religion behaves, you accept it. But when you see resistance, suddenly we're being "militant atheists". Well you can stuff that term right back in your crap basket. There's nothing militant about proclaiming jetliners to be a better form of transportation than magic carpets, about arguing that chemistry is more productive than casting spells, about debating the merits of scientific research verses talking to an empty sky, or in defending the practice of medicine instead of trying to scare away "evil spirits"!

I declare war on militant atheism.
Do your absolute best! (Like you haven't been trying all along.)

I won't resort to the same tactics, but if "militant atheism" attacks, i will fire shots as well.
The pure fact of the matter is that the "shots" we fire are generated by your religious beliefs, not by us. We only point them out. If you think you can find an absurdity behind the logic of disbelief in that for which there is no evidence, then you hammer away at that all you like. But remember, any point you try to make in favor of belief in God, applies equally to belief in fairies, Leprechauns, elves, gremlins and absolutely anything anyone might choose to invent on the spot! There simply is no way to win when you're trying to defend a belief no more sophisticated, mature, rational, or intelligent than the made-up fairytales of one's childhood.

I will attack at full force and defend by any means necessary using pure logic and evidence.
Well, it's not logical to assume God exists, just because some men wrote some silly stories. And you have not a shred of objective evidence. But as I've said, you do your absolute best, and your religion will still look silly, while atheism will remain completely logical, and not at all "militant".

I'm not a "soft" Christian, i am brutal and will take on any atheist who challenges me on DDO.

Ooooo...

*shivers*

... fright ... scared!

Do you actually expect us to believe that you've been holding back with your most intelligent, most rational and best arguments? Sorry, no sale.

Bring it on. That's what debate is all about. Bring your absolute best arguments to the table. And you're still going to walk away looking absolutely foolish. When will theists begin to understand that if you take on the task of attempting to defend a pure fairytale, with not a shred of evidence to support it, even the most civil counter-arguments are going to leave you looking dumb, foolish and ignorant?
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 6:52:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 1:28:42 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Make fun of them back.. they think from pure nothing somehow popped (by chance) a fart that created the universe and everything came to existence and by chance it ended up with human being, from nothing to complex body and anything within it. i think they are the most superstitious people on earth lol.

And this is a classic example. It's a pure strawman. Science doesn't propose that nothing created the universe. Science does not propose that the universe could have been created. So what arguments like this do, is demonstrate the pure idiocy of those who present them. You likely read this on some ridiculous and foolish creationist website, or you copied some other idiot theist who read some website full of creationist strawmen.

But all you're doing is showing your pure ignorance regarding true big-bang cosmology, and your willingness to accept and invent ridiculous strawmen because the reality is something for which you can't present a rational argument. Big-bang does not start with - or propose - nothing as the beginning. It doesn't even propose a beginning. You're stupidity is what allows you to believe absurdities when you read them.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 6:54:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 1:37:16 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:28:42 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Make fun of them back.. they think from pure nothing somehow popped (by chance) a fart that created the universe and everything came to existence and by chance it ended up with human being, from nothing to complex body and anything within it. i think they are the most superstitious people on earth lol.

nah i won't make fun of them, instead i will just crush their arguments. They are fully capable of making the same logical errors they criticize their opponents of.

When do you plan to start? So far I see a lot of griping and some threats; but no delivery. C'mon, if you have rational, logical arguments, I want to see them. If you have evidence, then present it. If all you have are threats and whining... that's nothing new.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 6:54:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 6:47:09 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.
If someone remains neutral on God, they're an agnostic, not an atheist.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset.

When will theists begin to understand that if you take on the task of attempting to defend a pure fairytale, with not a shred of evidence to support it, even the most civil counter-arguments are going to leave you looking dumb, foolish and ignorant?

What's more like it is: atheists will burp up their own assertions, then when asked to defend their assertions, they'll whine that the thread is being derailed!
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 7:00:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 2:59:06 PM, Zylorarchy wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:28:42 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Make fun of them back.. they think from pure nothing somehow popped (by chance) a fart that created the universe and everything came to existence and by chance it ended up with human being, from nothing to complex body and anything within it. i think they are the most superstitious people on earth lol.

This clear anti-atheism is what stirs anti-theism in the first place. "Militant atheism" is by no means good, but you are no matter than they if you spew out these sorts of comments.

Please give me your definition for "militant atheism". What does that mean; an atheists who presents good logical arguments? An atheist who can present the actual tenets of a religion exposing it's absurdities? It seems to me that the term "militant atheism" is being used as a replacement for "sound, irrefutable debate".

Theists have been receiving a free ride for so long, that the moment anyone presents rational arguments to show the failures of theism, they think we're being "militant". Well that's just stupid. Guess what? When you debate an atheist, you're going to get good, sound debate, accompanied by logic, reason and evidence (where applicable). And there is NOTHING wrong with that. There's nothing "militant" about that. It's what debate is about, and has been about, since the very first civil disagreement!

Grow up, theists! If you come away from a debate with an atheist feeling that your religion looked silly and ridiculous, that's because it is!
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 7:03:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 6:54:16 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/15/2014 6:47:09 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.
If someone remains neutral on God, they're an agnostic, not an atheist.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset.

When will theists begin to understand that if you take on the task of attempting to defend a pure fairytale, with not a shred of evidence to support it, even the most civil counter-arguments are going to leave you looking dumb, foolish and ignorant?

What's more like it is: atheists will burp up their own assertions, then when asked to defend their assertions, they'll whine that the thread is being derailed!

Only when you join a new thread, just to try to pursue a completely different topic, which you already lost, Anna. Grow up, little girl. Even you (with your claimed "doctorate' and 5,000 books on theism), can grasp the concept of debate titles and topics. And if you can't grow up enough to handle that, then run back to your babysitter and tell then they're not finished.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 7:06:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 4:43:55 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

How about "Christianity is the most rational of all faiths"

What's rational about retaining a belief which can't be supported?

And how do you rate the relative rationality among multiple beliefs, none of which can be supported? Christianity is no more rational than volcano worship or Satanism. In fact, Satanism is a spin-off of Christianity. (Satan got his own show.)
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 7:28:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 7:06:22 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 8/15/2014 4:43:55 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

How about "Christianity is the most rational of all faiths"

What's rational about retaining a belief which can't be supported?

And how do you rate the relative rationality among multiple beliefs, none of which can be supported? Christianity is no more rational than volcano worship or Satanism. In fact, Satanism is a spin-off of Christianity. (Satan got his own show.)

well come on, lets debate then
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 7:29:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 4:59:32 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/15/2014 4:43:55 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/15/2014 4:12:11 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/15/2014 2:51:53 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:54:47 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.

It's a problem when you are emotionally invested in a story. It's not our fault that you have put yourself in such a position. To attack Christianity the bible also needs to be attacked, it had to be done.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset.

Ok.

I myself have been bullied by many atheists in debates basically making my religion look ridiculous.

Attacking your religion is not the same as a personal attack. I and many others think your beliefs are absolutely ridiculous, and those beliefs should be shred apart and ridiculed to illustrate that fact.

I'm not a "soft" Christian, i am brutal and will take on any atheist who challenges me on DDO.

And you will lose more often than not, because your position is indefensible.

Well set up a debate and lets go then...

Give me a resolution.

How about "Christianity is the most rational of all faiths"

By definition 'faith' is irrational in my views, so the resolution is nonsensical to me.

How about just:

"Belief in Christianity is rational"?

Lets go..
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 7:34:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset. I myself have been bullied by many atheists in debates basically making my religion look ridiculous.

That's not bullying.

I have a family member who's an atheist and because of that treatment, i held in for too long. I've seen how bigoted, cruel, ignorant, and arrogant they can be. I declare war on militant atheism. I won't resort to the same tactics, but if "militant atheism" attacks, i will fire shots as well. I will attack at full force and defend by any means necessary using pure logic and evidence. I'm not a "soft" Christian, i am brutal and will take on any atheist who challenges me on DDO.

LOL. You say you will use logic and evidence, but all I see is a pathetic attempt to use intimidation and fear.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 7:43:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 7:03:14 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 8/15/2014 6:54:16 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/15/2014 6:47:09 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.
If someone remains neutral on God, they're an agnostic, not an atheist.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset.

When will theists begin to understand that if you take on the task of attempting to defend a pure fairytale, with not a shred of evidence to support it, even the most civil counter-arguments are going to leave you looking dumb, foolish and ignorant?

What's more like it is: atheists will burp up their own assertions, then when asked to defend their assertions, they'll whine that the thread is being derailed!

Only when you join a new thread, just to try to pursue a completely different topic, which you already lost, Anna. Grow up, little girl. Even you (with your claimed "doctorate' and 5,000 books on theism), can grasp the concept of debate titles and topics. And if you can't grow up enough to handle that, then run back to your babysitter and tell then they're not finished.

LMAO! That, from the man who interjects physics into a discussion between two people who believe the Bible, then claims an inherent right to inject it into any thread? Mmmmm hmmmm
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 7:43:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 7:34:51 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset. I myself have been bullied by many atheists in debates basically making my religion look ridiculous.

That's not bullying.

I have a family member who's an atheist and because of that treatment, i held in for too long. I've seen how bigoted, cruel, ignorant, and arrogant they can be. I declare war on militant atheism. I won't resort to the same tactics, but if "militant atheism" attacks, i will fire shots as well. I will attack at full force and defend by any means necessary using pure logic and evidence. I'm not a "soft" Christian, i am brutal and will take on any atheist who challenges me on DDO.

LOL. You say you will use logic and evidence, but all I see is a pathetic attempt to use intimidation and fear.

stop chit-chatting and debate me then
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 7:49:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 7:28:30 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/15/2014 7:06:22 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 8/15/2014 4:43:55 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

How about "Christianity is the most rational of all faiths"

What's rational about retaining a belief which can't be supported?

And how do you rate the relative rationality among multiple beliefs, none of which can be supported? Christianity is no more rational than volcano worship or Satanism. In fact, Satanism is a spin-off of Christianity. (Satan got his own show.)

well come on, lets debate then

I didn't think it would be necessary to point this out but... I already am. I'm debating the concept of "militant atheism". I'm debating your claim that it's possible to support Christianity with logic and evidence. I'm debating your claim that it's atheists who "make" Christianity look ridiculous (Christianity IS ridiculous). I'm debating your statement that Christianity is somehow any more rational than any other belief of faith.

Is it going to be necessary for me to point out every point I make, even after I've made it?

So you go right ahead. Pick any of those things or all of them and do your absolute best. I'm expecting you to see you flex some intellectual "muscle" since you've been "threatening" to do so. Go right ahead. In the mean time, I'm going to go throw 18-holes. I'll be back to see if you're still thinking or if you've actually done something more than threaten to debate.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 8:03:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 7:43:47 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/15/2014 7:34:51 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset. I myself have been bullied by many atheists in debates basically making my religion look ridiculous.

That's not bullying.

I have a family member who's an atheist and because of that treatment, i held in for too long. I've seen how bigoted, cruel, ignorant, and arrogant they can be. I declare war on militant atheism. I won't resort to the same tactics, but if "militant atheism" attacks, i will fire shots as well. I will attack at full force and defend by any means necessary using pure logic and evidence. I'm not a "soft" Christian, i am brutal and will take on any atheist who challenges me on DDO.

LOL. You say you will use logic and evidence, but all I see is a pathetic attempt to use intimidation and fear.

stop chit-chatting and debate me then

I was promised brutality. I'm disappointed.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 8:33:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset. I myself have been bullied by many atheists in debates basically making my religion look ridiculous. I have a family member who's an atheist and because of that treatment, i held in for too long. I've seen how bigoted, cruel, ignorant, and arrogant they can be. I declare war on militant atheism. I won't resort to the same tactics, but if "militant atheism" attacks, i will fire shots as well. I will attack at full force and defend by any means necessary using pure logic and evidence. I'm not a "soft" Christian, i am brutal and will take on any atheist who challenges me on DDO.

I think they created a website for people who wish to defend their views.
BradK
Posts: 475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 8:38:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset. I myself have been bullied by many atheists in debates basically making my religion look ridiculous. I have a family member who's an atheist and because of that treatment, i held in for too long. I've seen how bigoted, cruel, ignorant, and arrogant they can be. I declare war on militant atheism. I won't resort to the same tactics, but if "militant atheism" attacks, i will fire shots as well. I will attack at full force and defend by any means necessary using pure logic and evidence. I'm not a "soft" Christian, i am brutal and will take on any atheist who challenges me on DDO.

Christianity is kind of dying though... we appreciate your passion and sincerity but you are trying to support an ideology that denies evolution and says there was a worldwide flood in some intepretations.
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 10:35:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 8:38:40 PM, BradK wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset. I myself have been bullied by many atheists in debates basically making my religion look ridiculous. I have a family member who's an atheist and because of that treatment, i held in for too long. I've seen how bigoted, cruel, ignorant, and arrogant they can be. I declare war on militant atheism. I won't resort to the same tactics, but if "militant atheism" attacks, i will fire shots as well. I will attack at full force and defend by any means necessary using pure logic and evidence. I'm not a "soft" Christian, i am brutal and will take on any atheist who challenges me on DDO.

Christianity is kind of dying though... we appreciate your passion and sincerity but you are trying to support an ideology that denies evolution and says there was a worldwide flood in some intepretations.

well i have evidence the Bible does not support a global flood and as for evolution, it's not supposed to be scientific, thus ancient people would allegorize it.
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 10:39:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 10:35:45 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/15/2014 8:38:40 PM, BradK wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset. I myself have been bullied by many atheists in debates basically making my religion look ridiculous. I have a family member who's an atheist and because of that treatment, i held in for too long. I've seen how bigoted, cruel, ignorant, and arrogant they can be. I declare war on militant atheism. I won't resort to the same tactics, but if "militant atheism" attacks, i will fire shots as well. I will attack at full force and defend by any means necessary using pure logic and evidence. I'm not a "soft" Christian, i am brutal and will take on any atheist who challenges me on DDO.

Christianity is kind of dying though... we appreciate your passion and sincerity but you are trying to support an ideology that denies evolution and says there was a worldwide flood in some intepretations.

well i have evidence the Bible does not support a global flood and as for evolution, it's not supposed to be scientific, thus ancient people would allegorize it.

/thread
The bible is the word of man, so sayeth goo.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 10:42:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 10:39:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/15/2014 10:35:45 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/15/2014 8:38:40 PM, BradK wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset. I myself have been bullied by many atheists in debates basically making my religion look ridiculous. I have a family member who's an atheist and because of that treatment, i held in for too long. I've seen how bigoted, cruel, ignorant, and arrogant they can be. I declare war on militant atheism. I won't resort to the same tactics, but if "militant atheism" attacks, i will fire shots as well. I will attack at full force and defend by any means necessary using pure logic and evidence. I'm not a "soft" Christian, i am brutal and will take on any atheist who challenges me on DDO.

Christianity is kind of dying though... we appreciate your passion and sincerity but you are trying to support an ideology that denies evolution and says there was a worldwide flood in some intepretations.

well i have evidence the Bible does not support a global flood and as for evolution, it's not supposed to be scientific, thus ancient people would allegorize it.

/thread
The bible is the word of man, so sayeth goo.

I'll debate all of you after i get several debates out of the way.
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 10:44:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 10:42:02 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/15/2014 10:39:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/15/2014 10:35:45 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/15/2014 8:38:40 PM, BradK wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset. I myself have been bullied by many atheists in debates basically making my religion look ridiculous. I have a family member who's an atheist and because of that treatment, i held in for too long. I've seen how bigoted, cruel, ignorant, and arrogant they can be. I declare war on militant atheism. I won't resort to the same tactics, but if "militant atheism" attacks, i will fire shots as well. I will attack at full force and defend by any means necessary using pure logic and evidence. I'm not a "soft" Christian, i am brutal and will take on any atheist who challenges me on DDO.

Christianity is kind of dying though... we appreciate your passion and sincerity but you are trying to support an ideology that denies evolution and says there was a worldwide flood in some intepretations.

well i have evidence the Bible does not support a global flood and as for evolution, it's not supposed to be scientific, thus ancient people would allegorize it.

/thread
The bible is the word of man, so sayeth goo.

I'll debate all of you after i get several debates out of the way.

Why? You've already conceded that the bible is a book written by men and not inspired. Game's over.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
BradK
Posts: 475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 11:04:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/15/2014 10:35:45 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/15/2014 8:38:40 PM, BradK wrote:
At 8/15/2014 1:07:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
This is not directed towards the atheists who remain neutral on God, this is towards those who attack the Bible.

For a long time i seen atheists bully and ridicule Christians for their beliefs and it made me very upset. I myself have been bullied by many atheists in debates basically making my religion look ridiculous. I have a family member who's an atheist and because of that treatment, i held in for too long. I've seen how bigoted, cruel, ignorant, and arrogant they can be. I declare war on militant atheism. I won't resort to the same tactics, but if "militant atheism" attacks, i will fire shots as well. I will attack at full force and defend by any means necessary using pure logic and evidence. I'm not a "soft" Christian, i am brutal and will take on any atheist who challenges me on DDO.

Christianity is kind of dying though... we appreciate your passion and sincerity but you are trying to support an ideology that denies evolution and says there was a worldwide flood in some intepretations.

well i have evidence the Bible does not support a global flood and as for evolution, it's not supposed to be scientific, thus ancient people would allegorize it.

I hear Christians and Muslims saying all the time "I have evidence for this and that", and I'm kind of just tired of hearing the word "evidence" and then being directed to a Bible or Qur'an verse.