Total Posts:75|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why doesn't Jesus practice what he preached?

twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think that world would be a better place if people practiced what Jesus preached and be good people.

However, I often wonder why Jesus does not practice what he preached. For example, Jesus preached to be a good person, love thy neighbor as thyself and to forgive.

Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

Why does Jesus not follow what he himself preached?
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 11:35:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Do you believe you have the right to choose in your own judgement, what is good and good for yourself?

And if so, then doesn"t God let you have that right to chose, in accordance to what is within your reach?

Then if you insist on that right, then how is the result His fault?

Noah was saved from the flood. Why? Jesus also taught that there are Children of God and children of the devil. Why should God care about those who are not His? Its natural for parents to discipline and care for their own first, correct? And even if you want to look at God"s right to choose who lives and who don"t live as something that should be good in your judgement. How can that be the correct view since He is not only the Creator but also the Judge. What is good in His Judgement is good, all other judgements are irrelevant at the Throne of God.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 12:29:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think that world would be a better place if people practiced what Jesus preached and be good people.

However, I often wonder why Jesus does not practice what he preached. For example, Jesus preached to be a good person, love thy neighbor as thyself and to forgive.

Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

Why does Jesus not follow what he himself preached?

Sorry, but you are so far wide of the mark it's almost ridiculous.

Not your fault however but the faulty information.

Hell is not a place of suffering. It is the state of complete non-existence that all go into when they die, awaiting resurrection.

Jesus is not God, he was a specially produced human, produced for God's son to occupy so that he could come to earth and become the Messiah.

If you believe God's word, Christ is, whatever else anyone tries to tell you, accurately named as God's son because as God's son he was brought forth, created, by his Father, as his first and only solo act of creation.

Jesus always practiced what eh preached, and still does.

As for the believing in him, that is a lot more than simple belief in a being or person. It means putting faith in who and what Jesus was, what his role was in is father's plan, and the success he has had so far in the role.

Christ worshipped his father (John 20:17) and the Apostles did also (1 Peter 1:3; Ephesians 1:3).

In fact Jesus put it in three different ways when he said:

1 Eternal life comes from getting to know both himself and his father.

2: That the two most important laws in the Mosaic Law are "You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart, your whole mind and your whole being" and "You must love your fellow man as yourself". Matthew 22:36-40

3: He told the Samaritan Woman at the Well, that his father is seeking those who love truth energetically, with real feeling. John 4:23,24.

It really is that simple, but unfortunately not that easy, because Satan will send all the opposition he can gather against you, including those who teach the errors you have been taught, and others besides.

In fact your greatest danger comes, not from Atheists, no matter how vehement they are, but from those who claim to serve Christ but do not fit the qualifications (Matthew 7:21-23) . Their influence is more subtle and harder to fight against (2 Corinthians 11:13,14). They can be very convincing as you will gather from some of the discussions on here.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 12:30:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 11:35:00 AM, DPMartin wrote:
Do you believe you have the right to choose in your own judgement, what is good and good for yourself?

And if so, then doesn"t God let you have that right to chose, in accordance to what is within your reach?

Then if you insist on that right, then how is the result His fault?

Noah was saved from the flood. Why? Jesus also taught that there are Children of God and children of the devil. Why should God care about those who are not His? Its natural for parents to discipline and care for their own first, correct? And even if you want to look at God"s right to choose who lives and who don"t live as something that should be good in your judgement. How can that be the correct view since He is not only the Creator but also the Judge. What is good in His Judgement is good, all other judgements are irrelevant at the Throne of God.

God, as the creator of this universe, has the absolute right to choose who gets to enjoy the benefits of it. And benefits there will be.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 2:25:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 11:35:00 AM, DPMartin wrote:
Do you believe you have the right to choose in your own judgement, what is good and good for yourself?

And if so, then doesn"t God let you have that right to chose, in accordance to what is within your reach?

Then if you insist on that right, then how is the result His fault?

Noah was saved from the flood. Why? Jesus also taught that there are Children of God and children of the devil. Why should God care about those who are not His? Its natural for parents to discipline and care for their own first, correct? And even if you want to look at God"s right to choose who lives and who don"t live as something that should be good in your judgement. How can that be the correct view since He is not only the Creator but also the Judge. What is good in His Judgement is good, all other judgements are irrelevant at the Throne of God.

It is God/Jesus' fault because he decides who goes to heaven and who goes to hell. God keeping people in Hell is like, Kim Jong Un keeping people in concentration camps. Their message is worship me or I will torture you. Both God and Kim Jong can say "it is your fault, you may me do it because you did not worship me"

If Jesus practiced what he preached, he would not need to be worshiped and would not send people to hell. Is sending people to hell loving thy neighbor as thyself?
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 2:30:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 12:29:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think that world would be a better place if people practiced what Jesus preached and be good people.

However, I often wonder why Jesus does not practice what he preached. For example, Jesus preached to be a good person, love thy neighbor as thyself and to forgive.

Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

Why does Jesus not follow what he himself preached?

Sorry, but you are so far wide of the mark it's almost ridiculous.

Not your fault however but the faulty information.

Hell is not a place of suffering. It is the state of complete non-existence that all go into when they die, awaiting resurrection.

Jesus is not God, he was a specially produced human, produced for God's son to occupy so that he could come to earth and become the Messiah.

If you believe God's word, Christ is, whatever else anyone tries to tell you, accurately named as God's son because as God's son he was brought forth, created, by his Father, as his first and only solo act of creation.

Jesus always practiced what eh preached, and still does.

As for the believing in him, that is a lot more than simple belief in a being or person. It means putting faith in who and what Jesus was, what his role was in is father's plan, and the success he has had so far in the role.

Christ worshipped his father (John 20:17) and the Apostles did also (1 Peter 1:3; Ephesians 1:3).

In fact Jesus put it in three different ways when he said:

1 Eternal life comes from getting to know both himself and his father.

2: That the two most important laws in the Mosaic Law are "You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart, your whole mind and your whole being" and "You must love your fellow man as yourself". Matthew 22:36-40

3: He told the Samaritan Woman at the Well, that his father is seeking those who love truth energetically, with real feeling. John 4:23,24.

It really is that simple, but unfortunately not that easy, because Satan will send all the opposition he can gather against you, including those who teach the errors you have been taught, and others besides.

In fact your greatest danger comes, not from Atheists, no matter how vehement they are, but from those who claim to serve Christ but do not fit the qualifications (Matthew 7:21-23) . Their influence is more subtle and harder to fight against (2 Corinthians 11:13,14). They can be very convincing as you will gather from some of the discussions on here.

Ohh okay. I always thought that Jesus was God, and also was the Holy Ghost. My Bad.

I think it is Good to love the fellow man as yourself. And, I think you hit the nail on the head when you say that the greatest danger does not come from atheists but from other Christians, who do not fit the qualifications of Christ. Pretty much all Christians have different ideas about religion and are very sure about them so I never know who to believe.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 3:13:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 2:30:32 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 8/16/2014 12:29:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think that world would be a better place if people practiced what Jesus preached and be good people.

However, I often wonder why Jesus does not practice what he preached. For example, Jesus preached to be a good person, love thy neighbor as thyself and to forgive.

Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

Why does Jesus not follow what he himself preached?

Sorry, but you are so far wide of the mark it's almost ridiculous.

Not your fault however but the faulty information.

Hell is not a place of suffering. It is the state of complete non-existence that all go into when they die, awaiting resurrection.

Jesus is not God, he was a specially produced human, produced for God's son to occupy so that he could come to earth and become the Messiah.

If you believe God's word, Christ is, whatever else anyone tries to tell you, accurately named as God's son because as God's son he was brought forth, created, by his Father, as his first and only solo act of creation.

Jesus always practiced what eh preached, and still does.

As for the believing in him, that is a lot more than simple belief in a being or person. It means putting faith in who and what Jesus was, what his role was in is father's plan, and the success he has had so far in the role.

Christ worshipped his father (John 20:17) and the Apostles did also (1 Peter 1:3; Ephesians 1:3).

In fact Jesus put it in three different ways when he said:

1 Eternal life comes from getting to know both himself and his father.

2: That the two most important laws in the Mosaic Law are "You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart, your whole mind and your whole being" and "You must love your fellow man as yourself". Matthew 22:36-40

3: He told the Samaritan Woman at the Well, that his father is seeking those who love truth energetically, with real feeling. John 4:23,24.

It really is that simple, but unfortunately not that easy, because Satan will send all the opposition he can gather against you, including those who teach the errors you have been taught, and others besides.

In fact your greatest danger comes, not from Atheists, no matter how vehement they are, but from those who claim to serve Christ but do not fit the qualifications (Matthew 7:21-23) . Their influence is more subtle and harder to fight against (2 Corinthians 11:13,14). They can be very convincing as you will gather from some of the discussions on here.

Ohh okay. I always thought that Jesus was God, and also was the Holy Ghost. My Bad.

I think it is Good to love the fellow man as yourself. And, I think you hit the nail on the head when you say that the greatest danger does not come from atheists but from other Christians, who do not fit the qualifications of Christ. Pretty much all Christians have different ideas about religion and are very sure about them so I never know who to believe.

That is because that is what you and the majority of people are taught, but it is not what scripture teaches.

The Holy Ghost, or more accurately holy spirit is not even a sentient being, it is God's power, his active force.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 5:42:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 12:29:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Sorry, but you are so far wide of the mark it's almost ridiculous.

Not your fault however but the faulty information.

Hell is not a place of suffering. It is the state of complete non-existence that all go into when they die, awaiting resurrection.

Where is the logic in that theory MadCornishBiker? How can anyone be awaiting anything at all if they no longer exist? Logically, non existent life is not awaiting anything because it is nonexistent.

To quote your own words back at you, you are so far wide off the mark it's almost ridiculous.
Not your fault but the fault of the faulty information which you swallowed hook line and sinker.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 6:12:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 11:35:00 AM, DPMartin wrote:

Noah was saved from the flood. Why?

Because the man built a boat so he could rise above it.

Jesus also taught that there are Children of God and children of the devil. Why should God care about those who are not His?

Apparently God only has one son not many children but people will believe whatever suits their theories at the time and they find scriptures to fit their own beliefs.

Its natural for parents to discipline and care for their own first, correct?

It's not natural for any loving person to not care about all humans regardless of whether they are immediate family or not.

And even if you want to look at God"s right to choose who lives and who don"t live as something that should be good in your judgement. How can that be the correct view since He is not only the Creator but also the Judge. What is good in His Judgement is good, all other judgements are irrelevant at the Throne of God.

Many humans also take it upon themselves to choose who lives and who doesn't live. Do they have a right to do that? Does Christianity not teach people to follow Gods example?

All judgements are relative. A person who kills another might be innocent in spite of the fact that the law says not to kill. It is not the action which is a crime but the reason and motivation for the action determines whether one is innocent or guilty of a crime.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 3:42:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think that world would be a better place if people practiced what Jesus preached and be good people.

However, I often wonder why Jesus does not practice what he preached. For example, Jesus preached to be a good person, love thy neighbor as thyself and to forgive.

Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

Why does Jesus not follow what he himself preached?

The reality is that we have no clue what - if anything - Jesus preached. We have no evidence that anyone ever recorded any of it. However, when looking at what is claimed as the teachings of Jesus in the Bible, and the actions of Jesus in the Bible, you're absolutely right.

We're told he preached "turn the other cheek", but in John 2:15, he fashions a scourge and chases people around like a lunatic, yelling at them and turning over their tables.

The Bible says "thou shall not steal" but in Luke 19:30, we find Jesus conspiring with his disciples to steal a donkey.

One minute he (the fictional Bible Jesus) is preaching pacifism and love, the next talking about swords and eternal condemnation. And just as they're taught, Christians do exactly the same thing. They gather once a week to talk about pacifism and love, while spending the rest of the week trying to beat out their "brothers" and "sisters" for every dime they can snag.

... then the "brave" ones, march off to war.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 9:46:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/17/2014 3:42:10 AM, Beastt wrote:
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think that world would be a better place if people practiced what Jesus preached and be good people.

However, I often wonder why Jesus does not practice what he preached. For example, Jesus preached to be a good person, love thy neighbor as thyself and to forgive.

Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

Why does Jesus not follow what he himself preached?

The reality is that we have no clue what - if anything - Jesus preached. We have no evidence that anyone ever recorded any of it. However, when looking at what is claimed as the teachings of Jesus in the Bible, and the actions of Jesus in the Bible, you're absolutely right.

We're told he preached "turn the other cheek", but in John 2:15, he fashions a scourge and chases people around like a lunatic, yelling at them and turning over their tables.

The Bible says "thou shall not steal" but in Luke 19:30, we find Jesus conspiring with his disciples to steal a donkey.

One minute he (the fictional Bible Jesus) is preaching pacifism and love, the next talking about swords and eternal condemnation. And just as they're taught, Christians do exactly the same thing. They gather once a week to talk about pacifism and love, while spending the rest of the week trying to beat out their "brothers" and "sisters" for every dime they can snag.

... then the "brave" ones, march off to war.

I have no idea how you can say that. We have the record of two eye witnesses a researcher and the teachings of another of the eyewitnesses.

I know there are those who chose to cast doubt on the authorship of these writings, but the internal evidence supports the veracity of the writers, and only those who don;t know the writings well enough can ever believe that they were written by anyone else.

Of course people still argue over Shakespeare so I suppose the Bible can't be expected to be exempt from the attentions of those who have more interest in making a name for themselves than in truth.

There is no contradiction in Jesus teachings at all, and they are completely consistent with the teachings of the Hebrew Scriptures.

to put is as succinctly as I can (for a change), the Peace and love parts apply to those who love his father and wish to live ion harmony, the condemnation and destruction apply to those who choose not to.

People read these things as a contradiction when they are in reality nothing more than two sides of the same cpin. Justice, which is what Jesus preaches when push comes to shove, has both carrot and stick and Jesus preaching is no exception to that rule it is always a case of benefits from doing the one, and costs of doing the other.

You cannot have one without the other if you wish to be fair.

As to hell, the ideas of hell you have been taught is an Apostate myth, invented to frighten people into doing what other humans want them to dfo, and has no relationship to the description of hell in scripture.

I suggest that before you criticise Jesus teaching you actually learn what he does teach, not just some either bigoted or misinformed person's view of it.

One of my Criticisms of Annanicole and others like her on here, is that her teachings give people like you the ammunition you need, and slander both God and Christ in ways which they will not put up with forever.

Neither God nor his son are cruel. the choice they offer is simply life or destruction, and as the one who created this universe God has the absolute right to decide who should be allowed to benefit from it, and to set the Ts and Cs for doing so.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 9:54:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 6:12:10 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/16/2014 11:35:00 AM, DPMartin wrote:

Noah was saved from the flood. Why?

Because the man built a boat so he could rise above it.

Which fails to explain why eh was given the plans, the orders to build what was much more than just a boat, more like a wooden warehouse designed to float but not go anywhere much, or sufficient warning to have time to build it.

The simple answer is that he was a righteous man who deserved to be saved, and he proved that by trying to persuade anyone who would listen as to why they should join his family in the Ark.



Jesus also taught that there are Children of God and children of the devil. Why should God care about those who are not His?

Apparently God only has one son not many children but people will believe whatever suits their theories at the time and they find scriptures to fit their own beliefs.

Its natural for parents to discipline and care for their own first, correct?

It's not natural for any loving person to not care about all humans regardless of whether they are immediate family or not.

God does actually care about all humanity, which is why he ash taken the trouble to warn us all what is coming, and instructions as to how to avoid it, as he did with Noah and the rest of the world in that time period.

However he also allows us to make up our own minds whether or not we wish to benefit from his guidance. He will force no-one. He doesn't want unwilling or unhappy people reluctantly following his guidance just so they can live,. Those who choose to follow him have not only to be willing to do so, but happy to do so also, which means they need to recognise the benefits of doing s, and wish to share those benefits with others.


And even if you want to look at God"s right to choose who lives and who don"t live as something that should be good in your judgement. How can that be the correct view since He is not only the Creator but also the Judge. What is good in His Judgement is good, all other judgements are irrelevant at the Throne of God.

Many humans also take it upon themselves to choose who lives and who doesn't live. Do they have a right to do that? Does Christianity not teach people to follow Gods example?

All judgements are relative. A person who kills another might be innocent in spite of the fact that the law says not to kill. It is not the action which is a crime but the reason and motivation for the action determines whether one is innocent or guilty of a crime.

That last section puts it at least as well as I can.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 10:03:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 5:42:04 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 8/16/2014 12:29:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Sorry, but you are so far wide of the mark it's almost ridiculous.

Not your fault however but the faulty information.

Hell is not a place of suffering. It is the state of complete non-existence that all go into when they die, awaiting resurrection.

Where is the logic in that theory MadCornishBiker? How can anyone be awaiting anything at all if they no longer exist? Logically, non existent life is not awaiting anything because it is nonexistent.

To quote your own words back at you, you are so far wide off the mark it's almost ridiculous.
Not your fault but the fault of the faulty information which you swallowed hook line and sinker.

The logic, being scriptural is perfect.

Waiting or awaiting does not necessarily imply consciousness it merely means that what they are awaiting is going to happen some time in the future, in this case to them.

When you are asleep at night you are basically, consciously or not, waiting to wake up.

When one is put under general anaesthetic for an operation you are awaiting recovery and return to health. Doesn't mean you are going to be conscious for all that time, possibly only for the first few seconds, but it is still something which you look forward to awakening to, as the resurrection is for those who die in hope.

However it is true to say that for the majority, resurrection will come as something of a shock. which is why Christ's statement "The first shall be last and the last first" makes sense in that context. Many of those who die last will be aware of what is coming. It is only logical to suggest that they will be amongst the first to be resurrected, to help those for whom it comes as a surprise or even a shock to come to terms with what has happened to them.

For the majority of those resurrected, even if they expected a return to consciousness and life, will not have expected what they get. They will need to come to terms with what some may see as a disappointment at first.

There is so much more to all of this than is apparent on the surface.
heart_of_the_matter
Posts: 408
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 7:20:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.


I wanted to comment on your accusation against God. You claim He is responsible for murdering first borns. What you are failing to take into consideration is SPIRITUAL/ETERNAL well being vs. TEMPORARY/THIS LIFE well being!

The people who were living on the Earth at that time were very wicked...in fact EVERY thought and idea that they had was also wicked! They were not even capable of having righteous thoughts....let alone righteous actions...

Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

So...now back to the babies...if a baby dies before the age of accountability (age 8) they are saved in the highest kingdom of heaven...because they are pure and innocent...just look at babies!...no evil in them at all!!

Doctrine and Covenants 137:10 And I also beheld that all children who die before they arrive at the years of accountability are saved in the celestial kingdom of heaven.
https://www.lds.org...

so if they were to die --- they would receive eternal salvation.

BUT...let's say they were to LIVE in that wicked world....with every person being wicked...and raising them....to become wicked like them...what chance would those same babies have at obtaining salvation?...a lot less and most likely many of them would have lost their salvation and would have succumbed to the teachings and wickedness of the people.

sooo...we should ask ourselves...what is more important? something that is going to last 100 years or so...OR something that is going to last trillions upon trillions of years (and that would not be even a beginning of 'eternity').

the crux of the matter is that SPIRITUAL > TEMPORAL ---and GOD judges things with His perfect eternal vision to make the right things happen!
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 8:45:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/17/2014 7:20:54 PM, heart_of_the_matter wrote:
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.


I wanted to comment on your accusation against God. You claim He is responsible for murdering first borns. What you are failing to take into consideration is SPIRITUAL/ETERNAL well being vs. TEMPORARY/THIS LIFE well being!

The people who were living on the Earth at that time were very wicked...in fact EVERY thought and idea that they had was also wicked! They were not even capable of having righteous thoughts....let alone righteous actions...

Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

So...now back to the babies...if a baby dies before the age of accountability (age 8) they are saved in the highest kingdom of heaven...because they are pure and innocent...just look at babies!...no evil in them at all!!

Doctrine and Covenants 137:10 And I also beheld that all children who die before they arrive at the years of accountability are saved in the celestial kingdom of heaven.
https://www.lds.org...

so if they were to die --- they would receive eternal salvation.

BUT...let's say they were to LIVE in that wicked world....with every person being wicked...and raising them....to become wicked like them...what chance would those same babies have at obtaining salvation?...a lot less and most likely many of them would have lost their salvation and would have succumbed to the teachings and wickedness of the people.

sooo...we should ask ourselves...what is more important? something that is going to last 100 years or so...OR something that is going to last trillions upon trillions of years (and that would not be even a beginning of 'eternity').

the crux of the matter is that SPIRITUAL > TEMPORAL ---and GOD judges things with His perfect eternal vision to make the right things happen!

So you think it is a good thing for Children when they die before the age of 8? You Sir, are the wicked one.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 9:16:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/17/2014 7:20:54 PM, heart_of_the_matter wrote:
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.


I wanted to comment on your accusation against God. You claim He is responsible for murdering first borns. What you are failing to take into consideration is SPIRITUAL/ETERNAL well being vs. TEMPORARY/THIS LIFE well being!
Demonstrate that there is any eternal life. Can't do it can you. You can't even present a shred of evidence for it. Would you be okay with the idea that 50 people beat you to death with sticks if it would send you automatically to an eternal paradise many times better than any concept of Heaven you've ever held? Do you have a wife, children, family? Tell me you think that's okay.

The people who were living on the Earth at that time were very wicked...in fact EVERY thought and idea that they had was also wicked! They were not even capable of having righteous thoughts....let alone righteous actions...
To believe stories like that demonstrates ignorance beyond comprehension. Do you really think a society could exist for more than a day if no one within that society could even comprehend a "righteous thought"? Wake up, Sinbad; your dream is over. People are always insisting that others are "evil" or "wicked". It has been going on for all of history. I'm thinking your level of ignorance is pretty wicked and your ability to simply dismiss the lives of people you never even knew is disgustingly evil.

Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Written by a man, anonymous to history. And what did God do? He drowned people by the millions, and animals by the billions! Women, small children, infants, cubs, kids, squirrels, rabbits, geese... everything! And why did he do that? To wipe out evil!

So have a look around. Are you living on a planet devoid of what you'd all "evil"? It kind of looks like God was a pathetic failure. And if he was so Hell-bent on wiping out evil, then why the heck did God create evil in the first place? Did he not know what he was doing? If you didn't have the food to adopt 50 dogs, but you adopted them anyway, is it the fault of the dogs that you didn't practice some restraint? Should they suffer for your bad judgement?

So...now back to the babies...if a baby dies before the age of accountability (age 8) they are saved in the highest kingdom of heaven...because they are pure and innocent...just look at babies!...no evil in them at all!!
Wrong! Infants, toddlers and small children are the most selfish, self-centered members of any civilized society. You see them as innocent because you subscribe to the most primitive instincts in your brain, which as a potential parent, drives you to protect and harbor them - with your own life if necessary. That's an evolutionary adaptation. It's not a rational thought process. And you pursue it without thought because you're not the type to engage in any true thought. That's why you're not just a theist, but an LDS member!

Doctrine and Covenants 137:10 And I also beheld that all children who die before they arrive at the years of accountability are saved in the celestial kingdom of heaven.
https://www.lds.org...
More trash written by idiots. What makes you think that every child matures at exactly the same rate? Do you have absolutely no connection to reality? Some children are more than accountable by age 6. People like yourself may never get there. You think it's okay to kill children because in your warped delusion, they'll go to a better place. How accountable are you? How is that not pure evil on your part?

so if they were to die --- they would receive eternal salvation.
Except that no such thing exists, or is necessary. You've simply swallowed a bullcrap story, written by idiots.

BUT...let's say they were to LIVE in that wicked world....with every person being wicked...and raising them....to become wicked like them...what chance would those same babies have at obtaining salvation?...a lot less and most likely many of them would have lost their salvation and would have succumbed to the teachings and wickedness of the people.
If that society was as "wicked" as you say, children would have no chance at surviving. The problem would have taken care of itself. Or do you think that wicked, evil people make kind, loving parents? And if they do, then their children won't grow up to be evil or wicked. I swear, you have the cognitive abilities of a squash. And that's why you make good fodder for J. Smith's bunk. It's no wonder people were so angry that they over-powered the sheriff and shot that evil scum to death.

sooo...we should ask ourselves...what is more important? something that is going to last 100 years or so...OR something that is going to last trillions upon trillions of years (and that would not be even a beginning of 'eternity').
The bottom line is that if you're blaming evil, and the affliction with evil, then you can only blame God for being so incredibly stupid as to create evil.

(Isaiah 45:7) "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

the crux of the matter is that SPIRITUAL > TEMPORAL ---and GOD judges things with His perfect eternal vision to make the right things happen!
So how do you explain all of the evil you're claiming was in the world back then? Was that also God making all of the right things happen? You're a genuine idiot. Sorry, to say... but it needs to be said. And that putrid level of idiocy, makes you an evil, wicked scum. You need treatment... sound, extended, psychological treatment. (Note how I don't think you need to be killed or your wickedness, your disgusting inability to show compassion, or the stupidity necessary to read fairytales and think they're true. I just think you need help! SOON!)
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 10:50:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think that world would be a better place if people practiced what Jesus preached and be good people.

However, I often wonder why Jesus does not practice what he preached. For example, Jesus preached to be a good person, love thy neighbor as thyself and to forgive.

Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

Why does Jesus not follow what he himself preached?

Jesus never said that any of God's people would go to a place called hell. He said their flesh would perish but their spirit in God will go on forever because God saved ALL His people in HIs eternal plan.

It's religious Christian who don't know our invisible Creator who says there is a hell. This gave them power to control the masses of people and make money off of them.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 11:30:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/17/2014 10:50:17 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think that world would be a better place if people practiced what Jesus preached and be good people.

However, I often wonder why Jesus does not practice what he preached. For example, Jesus preached to be a good person, love thy neighbor as thyself and to forgive.

Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

Why does Jesus not follow what he himself preached?

Jesus never said that any of God's people would go to a place called hell. He said their flesh would perish but their spirit in God will go on forever because God saved ALL His people in HIs eternal plan.

It's religious Christian who don't know our invisible Creator who says there is a hell. This gave them power to control the masses of people and make money off of them.

Why doesn't Jesus practice what bornofgod preaches?
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 7:31:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/17/2014 11:30:45 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 8/17/2014 10:50:17 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think that world would be a better place if people practiced what Jesus preached and be good people.

However, I often wonder why Jesus does not practice what he preached. For example, Jesus preached to be a good person, love thy neighbor as thyself and to forgive.

Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

Why does Jesus not follow what he himself preached?

Jesus never said that any of God's people would go to a place called hell. He said their flesh would perish but their spirit in God will go on forever because God saved ALL His people in HIs eternal plan.

It's religious Christian who don't know our invisible Creator who says there is a hell. This gave them power to control the masses of people and make money off of them.

Why doesn't Jesus practice what bornofgod preaches?

Because Bornofgod doesn't come from God not even remotely, Jesus did.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 7:32:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/17/2014 10:50:17 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think that world would be a better place if people practiced what Jesus preached and be good people.

However, I often wonder why Jesus does not practice what he preached. For example, Jesus preached to be a good person, love thy neighbor as thyself and to forgive.

Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

Why does Jesus not follow what he himself preached?

Jesus never said that any of God's people would go to a place called hell. He said their flesh would perish but their spirit in God will go on forever because God saved ALL His people in HIs eternal plan.

It's religious Christian who don't know our invisible Creator who says there is a hell. This gave them power to control the masses of people and make money off of them.

You have finally come out with something partly true at least.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 7:52:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/17/2014 11:30:45 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 8/17/2014 10:50:17 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think that world would be a better place if people practiced what Jesus preached and be good people.

However, I often wonder why Jesus does not practice what he preached. For example, Jesus preached to be a good person, love thy neighbor as thyself and to forgive.

Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

Why does Jesus not follow what he himself preached?

Jesus never said that any of God's people would go to a place called hell. He said their flesh would perish but their spirit in God will go on forever because God saved ALL His people in HIs eternal plan.

It's religious Christian who don't know our invisible Creator who says there is a hell. This gave them power to control the masses of people and make money off of them.

Why doesn't Jesus practice what bornofgod preaches?

All us saints spoke from the same exact source, God's consciousness where we all exist.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 7:56:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 7:32:00 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/17/2014 10:50:17 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think that world would be a better place if people practiced what Jesus preached and be good people.

However, I often wonder why Jesus does not practice what he preached. For example, Jesus preached to be a good person, love thy neighbor as thyself and to forgive.

Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

Why does Jesus not follow what he himself preached?

Jesus never said that any of God's people would go to a place called hell. He said their flesh would perish but their spirit in God will go on forever because God saved ALL His people in HIs eternal plan.

It's religious Christian who don't know our invisible Creator who says there is a hell. This gave them power to control the masses of people and make money off of them.

You have finally come out with something partly true at least.

I understand everything our invisible Creator has taught me about the past, present and future. I even know exactly how we were created.
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 8:35:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think that world would be a better place if people practiced what Jesus preached and be good people.

However, I often wonder why Jesus does not practice what he preached. For example, Jesus preached to be a good person, love thy neighbor as thyself and to forgive.

Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

Why does Jesus not follow what he himself preached?

In the Gospels, Jesus doesn't say that. He's really quite awesome in the gospels.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 8:39:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 7:56:14 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:32:00 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/17/2014 10:50:17 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think that world would be a better place if people practiced what Jesus preached and be good people.

However, I often wonder why Jesus does not practice what he preached. For example, Jesus preached to be a good person, love thy neighbor as thyself and to forgive.

Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

Why does Jesus not follow what he himself preached?

Jesus never said that any of God's people would go to a place called hell. He said their flesh would perish but their spirit in God will go on forever because God saved ALL His people in HIs eternal plan.

It's religious Christian who don't know our invisible Creator who says there is a hell. This gave them power to control the masses of people and make money off of them.

You have finally come out with something partly true at least.

I understand everything our invisible Creator has taught me about the past, present and future. I even know exactly how we were created.

The only problem there being that your information didn't come from the creator.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 8:40:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 8:35:19 AM, kbub wrote:
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think that world would be a better place if people practiced what Jesus preached and be good people.

However, I often wonder why Jesus does not practice what he preached. For example, Jesus preached to be a good person, love thy neighbor as thyself and to forgive.

Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

Why does Jesus not follow what he himself preached?

In the Gospels, Jesus doesn't say that. He's really quite awesome in the gospels.

I would say completely awesome.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 8:52:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 7:52:38 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/17/2014 11:30:45 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 8/17/2014 10:50:17 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think that world would be a better place if people practiced what Jesus preached and be good people.

However, I often wonder why Jesus does not practice what he preached. For example, Jesus preached to be a good person, love thy neighbor as thyself and to forgive.

Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

Why does Jesus not follow what he himself preached?

Jesus never said that any of God's people would go to a place called hell. He said their flesh would perish but their spirit in God will go on forever because God saved ALL His people in HIs eternal plan.

It's religious Christian who don't know our invisible Creator who says there is a hell. This gave them power to control the masses of people and make money off of them.

Why doesn't Jesus practice what bornofgod preaches?

All us saints spoke from the same exact source, God's consciousness where we all exist.

Not the true God tough unfortunately for you.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 12:00:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 8:52:09 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:52:38 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/17/2014 11:30:45 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 8/17/2014 10:50:17 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think that world would be a better place if people practiced what Jesus preached and be good people.

However, I often wonder why Jesus does not practice what he preached. For example, Jesus preached to be a good person, love thy neighbor as thyself and to forgive.

Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

Why does Jesus not follow what he himself preached?

Jesus never said that any of God's people would go to a place called hell. He said their flesh would perish but their spirit in God will go on forever because God saved ALL His people in HIs eternal plan.

It's religious Christian who don't know our invisible Creator who says there is a hell. This gave them power to control the masses of people and make money off of them.

Why doesn't Jesus practice what bornofgod preaches?

All us saints spoke from the same exact source, God's consciousness where we all exist.

Not the true God tough unfortunately for you.

You've never met the true God so you don't have much to testify to. All you have is a Bible that was produced by men who had no idea who God was.

Why do you trust men who didn't know God instead of the true God who has me speak for Him?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 12:02:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 8:39:47 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:56:14 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:32:00 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/17/2014 10:50:17 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think that world would be a better place if people practiced what Jesus preached and be good people.

However, I often wonder why Jesus does not practice what he preached. For example, Jesus preached to be a good person, love thy neighbor as thyself and to forgive.

Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

Why does Jesus not follow what he himself preached?

Jesus never said that any of God's people would go to a place called hell. He said their flesh would perish but their spirit in God will go on forever because God saved ALL His people in HIs eternal plan.

It's religious Christian who don't know our invisible Creator who says there is a hell. This gave them power to control the masses of people and make money off of them.

You have finally come out with something partly true at least.

I understand everything our invisible Creator has taught me about the past, present and future. I even know exactly how we were created.

The only problem there being that your information didn't come from the creator.

You don't know our Creator and most likely never will in this age. You will have to wait until the next age when this following promise comes true to ALL God's people.

Jeremiah 31
31: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
32: not like the covenant which I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant which they broke, though I was their husband, says the LORD.
33: But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34: And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, `Know the LORD,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 1:24:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Actually eternal life is for righteous. And righteousness is more than acts or some belief. It is the source of the acts.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

By their fruits you will know them. Do you gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree produces good fruit; but the corrupt tree produces evil fruit. A good tree can't produce evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree produce good fruit. Every tree that doesn't grow good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire.
Mat. 7:16-19

Little children, let no one lead you astray. He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10

The reason for the judgment is not that person didn"t believe it is that the person is not righteous and didn"t want to become righteous by the words that Jesus said.

This is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the light, and doesn't come to the light, lest his works would be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his works may be revealed, that they have been done in God."
John 3:19-21

Unrighteous can go to hell, because they don"t want to be with God. Hell is eternal separation from God. And It think it is good, if unrighteous people don"t have to be with God. (Unfortunately Godless reality is not nice; it is full of evil that comes from those who love evil more than God). And even though that is what those who go to hell apparently want I think it is good that according to the Bible hell is second death, where soul and body are destroyed.

This is the second death, the lake of fire. If anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.
Revelation 20:12-15

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matt. 10:28

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

I think that according to the Bible Jesus is God"s temple or the place where God lives, not the true one God himself.

Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I tell you, I speak not from myself; but the Father who lives in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me; or else believe me for the very works' sake. Most assuredly I tell you, he who believes in me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these will he do; because I am going to my Father. Whatever you will ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you will ask anything in my name, I will do it.
John 14:10-14

This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
John 17:3

http://www.kolumbus.fi...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 1:27:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 12:02:26 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/18/2014 8:39:47 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:56:14 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/18/2014 7:32:00 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 8/17/2014 10:50:17 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/16/2014 10:46:30 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
I think that world would be a better place if people practiced what Jesus preached and be good people.

However, I often wonder why Jesus does not practice what he preached. For example, Jesus preached to be a good person, love thy neighbor as thyself and to forgive.

Yet, Jesus actions are almost the opposite. Jesus lets people go to hell just because they don't believe in him. I would never send someone to hell if they do not believe in me, that is an awful thing to do.

Further, since Jesus is God, he is responsible for Flooding people, and murdering first borns. It seems like the average Joe follows what Jesus preached more than Jesus himself.

Why does Jesus not follow what he himself preached?

Jesus never said that any of God's people would go to a place called hell. He said their flesh would perish but their spirit in God will go on forever because God saved ALL His people in HIs eternal plan.

It's religious Christian who don't know our invisible Creator who says there is a hell. This gave them power to control the masses of people and make money off of them.

You have finally come out with something partly true at least.

I understand everything our invisible Creator has taught me about the past, present and future. I even know exactly how we were created.

The only problem there being that your information didn't come from the creator.

You don't know our Creator and most likely never will in this age. You will have to wait until the next age when this following promise comes true to ALL God's people.

Jeremiah 31
31: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
32: not like the covenant which I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant which they broke, though I was their husband, says the LORD.
33: But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34: And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, `Know the LORD,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

Oh I know the creator and his son intimately. I also know the one you serve only too well, to my cost.

And yes that time will come when only those who choose to know him will survive.