Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Christians,have you ever gotten angry at God?

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 3:59:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Even though i am seen as religious by many, i was not always that way. I won't hide it nor pretend that i was always a "good Christian young man" because i'd be lying, i'm curious to know if anyone can relate. Yes i admit to arguing with God and being angry with him because of his view on justice and grace. I was angry at him for all the pain, injustice, spiritual sickness, and evil things he brought my way. I almost really got violent in church (something i thought i wouldn't dare do) in angry outbursts, i just wanted to curse at the pastor and all the Christians during Bible study then leave. I was arrogant and selfish, wanting to change the world to fit my standards of justice. Hope to me was an illusion as he seemed to pull the strings on everyone's life. I thought he didn't care about me, but more about his glory. It was then that i realized he was only trying to help me improve in faith and as a person all along that all of that anger stopped.

What are your experiences?
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 4:39:57 PM
Yes, I've said things to God that make me wonder if it's gonna slide lol. But, it's just momentary and it's just how we operate sometimes especially if you're a deep thinker.
I've learned sometimes that we need to adjust or do something different and dig deeper that is why it's important to attempt to control the attitude because our attitude paves the way to how we hear and respond to God. To be led by the Spirit we have to be pliable and that pliability depends on the attitude.
Keltron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 8:38:28 PM
It's comforting not to have a God to blame for things. I remember thinking that when my brother died. I didn't have to try to find something good about it either, it just sucked.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 9:42:51 PM
You don't get mad at God at some point in your religious walk, you haven't grown up spiritually and are still waiting for Dad to fix everything, make it work right instead of all this crap that happens. Blow your top at God when you think He, She, They have totally screwed up your life when you thought you were doing all the right things. Use every curse and foul word you can think of and really lay it it to the Big Bastard. Because Big Bastard can take anything you dish out and is patient and will eventually remind you nobody escapes life without pain and misery at some point. This isn't Heaven. I have to laugh at those who fear God will strike them if they get mad and us curses with God in them. The Muhammadans are the worst babies in that regard being the most primitive idol worshipers in the Abrahamic family. No mortal is capable of ruffling God's feathers so go ahead, get it out of your system, because expressing anger honestly instead of bottling it up is actually the most psychologically healthy response to inevitable pains and frustrations of life.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 6:54:11 AM
At 8/18/2014 4:39:57 PM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Yes, I've said things to God that make me wonder if it's gonna slide lol. But, it's just momentary and it's just how we operate sometimes especially if you're a deep thinker.
I've learned sometimes that we need to adjust or do something different and dig deeper that is why it's important to attempt to control the attitude because our attitude paves the way to how we hear and respond to God. To be led by the Spirit we have to be pliable and that pliability depends on the attitude.

very true, i did alot of bad things. I was so focused on the death of babies, infants, men, women, and those around me rather than their purpose in God's design. I was too focused on the injustices being committed rather than understanding why. Humans tend to think that in this life, we have some sense of greater purpose, but not stopping to think that those who have died only fulfilled their purpose and have nothing else to offer. I can only seek harmony with my creator and understanding his ways. Only he can lead me where i need to go.