Total Posts:196|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why is it so Hard to Accept Evoluton?

ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 8:34:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why do Christians find it difficult to accept evolution when the evidence is there to see? I find it that rarely will Christians accept the theory of evolution and this bothers me. It's like we shouldn't have been sent to school to begin with.
Keltron
Posts: 161
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 8:50:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
According to Wikipedia, 3/4 of mainline Protestants, and almost 1/4 of Evangelicals support evolution. The RCC is on record in support of evolution.
Dragonfang
Posts: 1,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 9:04:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What do you mean by evolution?

Do you mean that species change genetically during generations? (no one is disputing that).

Or do you mean that a hypothetical protocell is the origin of all the diversity of life, in which mutations managed to design, assemble, and sustain organs, biological systems, and multicellularity through a hypothetical unobserved mechanism, while (super)natural selection somehow managed to spread those biological systems and organs with no evidence of the majority of species who did not inherit or evolve those biological systems?
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 9:15:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 9:04:08 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
What do you mean by evolution?

Theism feigning ignorance. Or are you serious. Either way you deserve pity.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,928
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 9:21:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 9:15:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:04:08 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
What do you mean by evolution?

Theism feigning ignorance. Or are you serious. Either way you deserve pity.

Evolution is defined as change over time. You must be ignorant to the controversy over micro vs. macro evolution. Nobody disputes micro evolution.
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 9:27:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 9:21:30 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:15:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:04:08 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
What do you mean by evolution?

Theism feigning ignorance. Or are you serious. Either way you deserve pity.

Evolution is defined as change over time. You must be ignorant to the controversy over micro vs. macro evolution. Nobody disputes micro evolution.

Micro and macro evolution are religious terms, there is nothing scientific about those terms. They were invented by creationists in a desperate attempt to justify their use of antibiotics. What a joke.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,928
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 9:31:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 9:27:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:21:30 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:15:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:04:08 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
What do you mean by evolution?

Theism feigning ignorance. Or are you serious. Either way you deserve pity.

Evolution is defined as change over time. You must be ignorant to the controversy over micro vs. macro evolution. Nobody disputes micro evolution.

Micro and macro evolution are religious terms, there is nothing scientific about those terms. They were invented by creationists in a desperate attempt to justify their use of antibiotics. What a joke.

Where in the Quran or Bible will I find these terms?
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 9:41:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 9:31:41 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:27:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:21:30 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:15:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:04:08 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
What do you mean by evolution?

Theism feigning ignorance. Or are you serious. Either way you deserve pity.

Evolution is defined as change over time. You must be ignorant to the controversy over micro vs. macro evolution. Nobody disputes micro evolution.

Micro and macro evolution are religious terms, there is nothing scientific about those terms. They were invented by creationists in a desperate attempt to justify their use of antibiotics. What a joke.

Where in the Quran or Bible will I find these terms?

Where did you see holy books mentioned. If you can't address the post, then don't reply.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,928
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 9:43:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 9:41:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:31:41 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:27:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:21:30 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:15:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:04:08 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
What do you mean by evolution?

Theism feigning ignorance. Or are you serious. Either way you deserve pity.

Evolution is defined as change over time. You must be ignorant to the controversy over micro vs. macro evolution. Nobody disputes micro evolution.

Micro and macro evolution are religious terms, there is nothing scientific about those terms. They were invented by creationists in a desperate attempt to justify their use of antibiotics. What a joke.

Where in the Quran or Bible will I find these terms?

Where did you see holy books mentioned. If you can't address the post, then don't reply.

Well you said they were religious terms. Not terms used by religious people. Your argument is a fail either way.
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 9:55:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 9:43:20 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:41:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:31:41 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:27:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:21:30 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:15:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:04:08 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
What do you mean by evolution?

Theism feigning ignorance. Or are you serious. Either way you deserve pity.

Evolution is defined as change over time. You must be ignorant to the controversy over micro vs. macro evolution. Nobody disputes micro evolution.

Micro and macro evolution are religious terms, there is nothing scientific about those terms. They were invented by creationists in a desperate attempt to justify their use of antibiotics. What a joke.

Where in the Quran or Bible will I find these terms?

Where did you see holy books mentioned. If you can't address the post, then don't reply.

Well you said they were religious terms. Not terms used by religious people. Your argument is a fail either way.

Runaway, the little kid's sandpit is over there.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Benshapiro
Posts: 3,928
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 10:00:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 9:55:19 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:43:20 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:41:21 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:31:41 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:27:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:21:30 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:15:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:04:08 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
What do you mean by evolution?

Theism feigning ignorance. Or are you serious. Either way you deserve pity.

Evolution is defined as change over time. You must be ignorant to the controversy over micro vs. macro evolution. Nobody disputes micro evolution.

Micro and macro evolution are religious terms, there is nothing scientific about those terms. They were invented by creationists in a desperate attempt to justify their use of antibiotics. What a joke.

Where in the Quran or Bible will I find these terms?

Where did you see holy books mentioned. If you can't address the post, then don't reply.

Well you said they were religious terms. Not terms used by religious people. Your argument is a fail either way.

Runaway, the little kid's sandpit is over there.

I will I just need to clean the bullpoop off my shoe first.
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 10:00:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 8:34:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Why do Christians find it difficult to accept evolution when the evidence is there to see? I find it that rarely will Christians accept the theory of evolution and this bothers me. It's like we shouldn't have been sent to school to begin with.

Genesis Chapter 1.

1. In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth. 2. The Earth was without form and void, darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3. And God said, "Let There Be Light." And there was light. 4. And God separated the light from the darkness. 5. And God called the light "Day" and the darkness He called "Night". And there was evening and there was morning, the first day. 6. And God said, "Let There be an expanse in the midst of the waters." 7. And God made the expanse and separated the waters that were under the expanse. And it was so. 8. And God called the expanse Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, the second day. 9. And God said, "Let the waters under the Heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear." And it was so. 10. God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together He called Seas. And God said that it was good. 11. And God said, "Let the Earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its own kind, on the Earth. And it was so. 12. The Earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13. And there was evening and there was morning, the third day. 14. And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, 15. and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the Earth." And it was so. 16. And God made the two great lights--the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night--and the stars. 17. And God set them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the Earth, 18. to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19. And there was evening and there was morning, the fourth day. 20. And God said, "Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the Earth across the expanse of the heavens." So God created the great sea creatures and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged creature according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22. And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the Earth." 23. And there was evening and there was morning, the fifth day. 24. And God said, "Let the Earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds--livestock and creeping things and beasts of the Earth according to their kinds." And it was so. 25. And God made the beasts of the Earth according to their kinds, and everything that creeps on the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 26. Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our Image, after Our Likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the Earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the Earth." 27. So God created man in His own Image, in the Image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28. And God blessed them. And God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the Earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the Earth." 29. And God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of the Earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. 30. And to every every beast of the Earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the Earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food." And it was so. 31. And God saw that everything was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2014 10:03:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 10:00:57 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/18/2014 8:34:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Why do Christians find it difficult to accept evolution when the evidence is there to see? I find it that rarely will Christians accept the theory of evolution and this bothers me. It's like we shouldn't have been sent to school to begin with.

Genesis Chapter 1.

1. In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth. 2. The Earth was without form and void, darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3. And God said, "Let There Be Light." And there was light. 4. And God separated the light from the darkness. 5. And God called the light "Day" and the darkness He called "Night". And there was evening and there was morning, the first day. 6. And God said, "Let There be an expanse in the midst of the waters." 7. And God made the expanse and separated the waters that were under the expanse. And it was so. 8. And God called the expanse Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, the second day. 9. And God said, "Let the waters under the Heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear." And it was so. 10. God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together He called Seas. And God said that it was good. 11. And God said, "Let the Earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its own kind, on the Earth. And it was so. 12. The Earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13. And there was evening and there was morning, the third day. 14. And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, 15. and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the Earth." And it was so. 16. And God made the two great lights--the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night--and the stars. 17. And God set them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the Earth, 18. to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19. And there was evening and there was morning, the fourth day. 20. And God said, "Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the Earth across the expanse of the heavens." So God created the great sea creatures and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged creature according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22. And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the Earth." 23. And there was evening and there was morning, the fifth day. 24. And God said, "Let the Earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds--livestock and creeping things and beasts of the Earth according to their kinds." And it was so. 25. And God made the beasts of the Earth according to their kinds, and everything that creeps on the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 26. Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our Image, after Our Likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the Earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the Earth." 27. So God created man in His own Image, in the Image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28. And God blessed them. And God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the Earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the Earth." 29. And God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of the Earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. 30. And to every every beast of the Earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the Earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food." And it was so. 31. And God saw that everything was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.
Look, an honest answer.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Dragonfang
Posts: 1,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 3:28:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 9:15:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:04:08 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
What do you mean by evolution?

Theism feigning ignorance. Or are you serious. Either way you deserve pity.

Atheists abusing equivocation fallacy, shifting the goal post, and salesmen tactics to confuse and fool people.

If you are going to promise to answer the secret of the diversity of life, then you should pay up and argue about what you promised.
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 3:36:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/19/2014 3:28:55 AM, Dragonfang wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:15:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:04:08 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
What do you mean by evolution?

Theism feigning ignorance. Or are you serious. Either way you deserve pity.

Atheists abusing equivocation fallacy, shifting the goal post, and salesmen tactics to confuse and fool people.

If you are going to promise to answer the secret of the diversity of life, then you should pay up and argue about what you promised.

What?LMAO
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 2:18:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 10:00:57 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/18/2014 8:34:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Why do Christians find it difficult to accept evolution when the evidence is there to see? I find it that rarely will Christians accept the theory of evolution and this bothers me. It's like we shouldn't have been sent to school to begin with.

Genesis Chapter 1.

1. In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth. 2. The Earth was without form and void, darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3. And God said, "Let There Be Light." And there was light. 4. And God separated the light from the darkness. 5. And God called the light "Day" and the darkness He called "Night". And there was evening and there was morning, the first day. 6. And God said, "Let There be an expanse in the midst of the waters." 7. And God made the expanse and separated the waters that were under the expanse. And it was so. 8. And God called the expanse Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, the second day. 9. And God said, "Let the waters under the Heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear." And it was so. 10. God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together He called Seas. And God said that it was good. 11. And God said, "Let the Earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its own kind, on the Earth. And it was so. 12. The Earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13. And there was evening and there was morning, the third day. 14. And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, 15. and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the Earth." And it was so. 16. And God made the two great lights--the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night--and the stars. 17. And God set them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the Earth, 18. to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19. And there was evening and there was morning, the fourth day. 20. And God said, "Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the Earth across the expanse of the heavens." So God created the great sea creatures and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged creature according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22. And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the Earth." 23. And there was evening and there was morning, the fifth day. 24. And God said, "Let the Earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds--livestock and creeping things and beasts of the Earth according to their kinds." And it was so. 25. And God made the beasts of the Earth according to their kinds, and everything that creeps on the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 26. Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our Image, after Our Likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the Earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the Earth." 27. So God created man in His own Image, in the Image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28. And God blessed them. And God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the Earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the Earth." 29. And God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of the Earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. 30. And to every every beast of the Earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the Earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food." And it was so. 31. And God saw that everything was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

The bible isn't specific here. It says made, but it's like saying how a building is made. It asks what it requires based on building blocks and elements. Plus, where do the building blocks and elements come from? The bible just says made, evolution describes how.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 2:19:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 9:21:30 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:15:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:04:08 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
What do you mean by evolution?

Theism feigning ignorance. Or are you serious. Either way you deserve pity.

Evolution is defined as change over time. You must be ignorant to the controversy over micro vs. macro evolution. Nobody disputes micro evolution.

macro evolution is micro evolution. It's basically if micro evolution happened 10 times over the time.
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 2:21:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/19/2014 2:18:36 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 8/18/2014 10:00:57 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/18/2014 8:34:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Why do Christians find it difficult to accept evolution when the evidence is there to see? I find it that rarely will Christians accept the theory of evolution and this bothers me. It's like we shouldn't have been sent to school to begin with.

Genesis Chapter 1.

1. In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth. 2. The Earth was without form and void, darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3. And God said, "Let There Be Light." And there was light. 4. And God separated the light from the darkness. 5. And God called the light "Day" and the darkness He called "Night". And there was evening and there was morning, the first day. 6. And God said, "Let There be an expanse in the midst of the waters." 7. And God made the expanse and separated the waters that were under the expanse. And it was so. 8. And God called the expanse Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, the second day. 9. And God said, "Let the waters under the Heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear." And it was so. 10. God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together He called Seas. And God said that it was good. 11. And God said, "Let the Earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its own kind, on the Earth. And it was so. 12. The Earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13. And there was evening and there was morning, the third day. 14. And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, 15. and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the Earth." And it was so. 16. And God made the two great lights--the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night--and the stars. 17. And God set them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the Earth, 18. to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19. And there was evening and there was morning, the fourth day. 20. And God said, "Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the Earth across the expanse of the heavens." So God created the great sea creatures and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged creature according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22. And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the Earth." 23. And there was evening and there was morning, the fifth day. 24. And God said, "Let the Earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds--livestock and creeping things and beasts of the Earth according to their kinds." And it was so. 25. And God made the beasts of the Earth according to their kinds, and everything that creeps on the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 26. Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our Image, after Our Likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the Earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the Earth." 27. So God created man in His own Image, in the Image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28. And God blessed them. And God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the Earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the Earth." 29. And God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of the Earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. 30. And to every every beast of the Earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the Earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food." And it was so. 31. And God saw that everything was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

The bible isn't specific here. It says made, but it's like saying how a building is made. It asks what it requires based on building blocks and elements. Plus, where do the building blocks and elements come from? The bible just says made, evolution describes how.

Evening and morning. A 24 HOUR DAY.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 2:23:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/19/2014 2:21:56 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/19/2014 2:18:36 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 8/18/2014 10:00:57 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/18/2014 8:34:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Why do Christians find it difficult to accept evolution when the evidence is there to see? I find it that rarely will Christians accept the theory of evolution and this bothers me. It's like we shouldn't have been sent to school to begin with.

Genesis Chapter 1.

1. In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth. 2. The Earth was without form and void, darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3. And God said, "Let There Be Light." And there was light. 4. And God separated the light from the darkness. 5. And God called the light "Day" and the darkness He called "Night". And there was evening and there was morning, the first day. 6. And God said, "Let There be an expanse in the midst of the waters." 7. And God made the expanse and separated the waters that were under the expanse. And it was so. 8. And God called the expanse Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, the second day. 9. And God said, "Let the waters under the Heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear." And it was so. 10. God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together He called Seas. And God said that it was good. 11. And God said, "Let the Earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its own kind, on the Earth. And it was so. 12. The Earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13. And there was evening and there was morning, the third day. 14. And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, 15. and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the Earth." And it was so. 16. And God made the two great lights--the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night--and the stars. 17. And God set them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the Earth, 18. to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19. And there was evening and there was morning, the fourth day. 20. And God said, "Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the Earth across the expanse of the heavens." So God created the great sea creatures and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged creature according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22. And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the Earth." 23. And there was evening and there was morning, the fifth day. 24. And God said, "Let the Earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds--livestock and creeping things and beasts of the Earth according to their kinds." And it was so. 25. And God made the beasts of the Earth according to their kinds, and everything that creeps on the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 26. Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our Image, after Our Likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the Earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the Earth." 27. So God created man in His own Image, in the Image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28. And God blessed them. And God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the Earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the Earth." 29. And God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of the Earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. 30. And to every every beast of the Earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the Earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food." And it was so. 31. And God saw that everything was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

The bible isn't specific here. It says made, but it's like saying how a building is made. It asks what it requires based on building blocks and elements. Plus, where do the building blocks and elements come from? The bible just says made, evolution describes how.

Evening and morning. A 24 HOUR DAY.

And? Evolution occurs 24 hours a day. It's happening somewhere. From the tiniest to the largest organism.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 2:50:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 8:34:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Why do Christians find it difficult to accept evolution when the evidence is there to see? I find it that rarely will Christians accept the theory of evolution and this bothers me. It's like we shouldn't have been sent to school to begin with.

Response: I am not a Christian so I cannot speak for them. Yet evolution is clearly false, as neither you, nor anyone else, can provide observable evidence of a species evolving into another. So clearly evolution is false. Furthermore, science itself confirms so, since scientific facts are concluded by observing repeated results from the same process. Therefore, since we only see microevolution in the same species and not macroevolution of a species evolving into another is proof from science itself that evolution is false.
Dragonfang
Posts: 1,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 3:06:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/19/2014 2:19:53 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:21:30 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:15:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:04:08 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
What do you mean by evolution?

Theism feigning ignorance. Or are you serious. Either way you deserve pity.

Evolution is defined as change over time. You must be ignorant to the controversy over micro vs. macro evolution. Nobody disputes micro evolution.

macro evolution is micro evolution. It's basically if micro evolution happened 10 times over the time.

Incorrect "micro" evolution, or just evolution is demonstrable fact with known mechanisms.

"Macro evolution" claims to explain the entire origin of all species, their body parts and biological process, including the heart and eyes. All that using hypothetical, unobserved process, and unexplained mechanisms, aka. fantasy and imagination.
It is at best a historical hypothesis, it proposes a historical set of events based on unjustified assumptions.
It does not provide a scientific and physical explanation of mechanism or how those hypothetical events happen.

Example of "macro evolution" of the human eye:

Step 1: eyespots evolved. (Which only react to light, but does not make the multicellular organism react to light)
Step 2: photoreceptive cells evolved. (and somehow individually connect to nerves, which leads to visual cortex in order for them to be useful)
Step 3: indention (somehow) evolved creating a light gathering pit.
Step 4: pigment cells evolved.
Step 5: lenses evolved.
...
Step X: eye suddenly stops evolving.

As if saying something happened a certain way grantees that it actually happened that way.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:07:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/19/2014 2:50:46 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/18/2014 8:34:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Why do Christians find it difficult to accept evolution when the evidence is there to see? I find it that rarely will Christians accept the theory of evolution and this bothers me. It's like we shouldn't have been sent to school to begin with.

Response: I am not a Christian so I cannot speak for them. Yet evolution is clearly false, as neither you, nor anyone else, can provide observable evidence of a species evolving into another. So clearly evolution is false. Furthermore, science itself confirms so, since scientific facts are concluded by observing repeated results from the same process. Therefore, since we only see microevolution in the same species and not macroevolution of a species evolving into another is proof from science itself that evolution is false.

micro evolution being done multiple times, leads to macro evolution. The big changes don't just occur in a big chance. The Rodhecetus didn't just magically evolve into the whales and dolphins. It took years and years and reproduction. It's basically the more babies we have, the more a species will evolve.
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:27:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/19/2014 4:07:00 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 8/19/2014 2:50:46 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/18/2014 8:34:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Why do Christians find it difficult to accept evolution when the evidence is there to see? I find it that rarely will Christians accept the theory of evolution and this bothers me. It's like we shouldn't have been sent to school to begin with.

Response: I am not a Christian so I cannot speak for them. Yet evolution is clearly false, as neither you, nor anyone else, can provide observable evidence of a species evolving into another. So clearly evolution is false. Furthermore, science itself confirms so, since scientific facts are concluded by observing repeated results from the same process. Therefore, since we only see microevolution in the same species and not macroevolution of a species evolving into another is proof from science itself that evolution is false.

micro evolution being done multiple times, leads to macro evolution. The big changes don't just occur in a big chance. The Rodhecetus didn't just magically evolve into the whales and dolphins. It took years and years and reproduction. It's basically the more babies we have, the more a species will evolve.

So how come with 7 Billion humans alive today, there isn't a single superhuman?
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:30:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/19/2014 4:27:48 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/19/2014 4:07:00 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 8/19/2014 2:50:46 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/18/2014 8:34:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Why do Christians find it difficult to accept evolution when the evidence is there to see? I find it that rarely will Christians accept the theory of evolution and this bothers me. It's like we shouldn't have been sent to school to begin with.

Response: I am not a Christian so I cannot speak for them. Yet evolution is clearly false, as neither you, nor anyone else, can provide observable evidence of a species evolving into another. So clearly evolution is false. Furthermore, science itself confirms so, since scientific facts are concluded by observing repeated results from the same process. Therefore, since we only see microevolution in the same species and not macroevolution of a species evolving into another is proof from science itself that evolution is false.

micro evolution being done multiple times, leads to macro evolution. The big changes don't just occur in a big chance. The Rodhecetus didn't just magically evolve into the whales and dolphins. It took years and years and reproduction. It's basically the more babies we have, the more a species will evolve.

So how come with 7 Billion humans alive today, there isn't a single superhuman?

Define what a superhuman is?
Dragonfang
Posts: 1,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:44:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/19/2014 4:07:00 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 8/19/2014 2:50:46 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/18/2014 8:34:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Why do Christians find it difficult to accept evolution when the evidence is there to see? I find it that rarely will Christians accept the theory of evolution and this bothers me. It's like we shouldn't have been sent to school to begin with.

Response: I am not a Christian so I cannot speak for them. Yet evolution is clearly false, as neither you, nor anyone else, can provide observable evidence of a species evolving into another. So clearly evolution is false. Furthermore, science itself confirms so, since scientific facts are concluded by observing repeated results from the same process. Therefore, since we only see microevolution in the same species and not macroevolution of a species evolving into another is proof from science itself that evolution is false.

micro evolution being done multiple times, leads to macro evolution. The big changes don't just occur in a big chance. The Rodhecetus didn't just magically evolve into the whales and dolphins. It took years and years and reproduction. It's basically the more babies we have, the more a species will evolve.

Please explain how RM and NS can evolve nasal opening into a blowhole. What are the intermediate steps from no muscular flap (which prevents the water from entering) to a full muscular flap. Was there a half-flap involved?
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:49:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/19/2014 4:07:00 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

micro evolution being done multiple times, leads to macro evolution. The big changes don't just occur in a big chance. The Rodhecetus didn't just magically evolve into the whales and dolphins. It took years and years and reproduction. It's basically the more babies we have, the more a species will evolve.

Response: yet you have no observable evidence of a species evolving into another. None. So you have no logical bases in claiming that microevolution leads to macros, since you have no observable evidence of it. Thus demonstrating that evolution is false.
Enji
Posts: 1,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:58:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 9:27:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:21:30 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:15:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/18/2014 9:04:08 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
What do you mean by evolution?

Theism feigning ignorance. Or are you serious. Either way you deserve pity.

Evolution is defined as change over time. You must be ignorant to the controversy over micro vs. macro evolution. Nobody disputes micro evolution.

Micro and macro evolution are religious terms, there is nothing scientific about those terms. They were invented by creationists in a desperate attempt to justify their use of antibiotics. What a joke.

Any creationist worth his or her salt should point out that you're wrong; these terms were originally introduced as scientists to mean, generally, genetic changes within species. These terms have since been adopted and misused by creationists -- and are somewhat obsolete in actual science. But this sort of vehement anti-creationism which counters claims with falsities is counter-productive to encouraging understanding of science.
Arasa
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 4:59:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 8:34:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Why do Christians find it difficult to accept evolution when the evidence is there to see? I find it that rarely will Christians accept the theory of evolution and this bothers me. It's like we shouldn't have been sent to school to begin with.

Hello, ChristianPunk!
It is my personal belief that many Christians do not accept evolution as a possibility (Notice that word) because of the connotation in which secular science presents it. It is viewed by many Atheists, for example, that one cannot believe in Evolution and Christianity. To believe in both, they argue, would be to tailor the religion to fit the science of the day, thereby undermining the truthfulness of that religion.

While it is entirely possible that Macro evolution is true (Because it is widely accepted that Micro-Evolution is true), there will not be a wide acceptance of it inside the church as long as Atheists continue with the slippery slope of "This disproves God."

I'm certain that Bulproof is going to respond to this with "Micro and Macro evolution are religious terms." So I will point out to him that I have provided evidence that more than just religious people believe that there is a difference, and that he has not refuted it. Indeed, he passed over it. I would like a response to that if he is going to respond to this post at all. As for anyone else responding to this, just ignore this section here. It's for bulproof in case he responds to this.

Back to the global post...
I do not personally believe that it disproves God, and I believe that Macro-evolution is very possible! However, I only accept this as a possibility because it does not actually contradict the bible. Sound close-minded of me? Sure, why not. If that is close-mindedness, then I accept the title for sticking to my beliefs, just as an Atheist might.

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 5:00:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/18/2014 8:34:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Why do Christians find it difficult to accept evolution when the evidence is there to see? I find it that rarely will Christians accept the theory of evolution and this bothers me. It's like we shouldn't have been sent to school to begin with.

I think the hardest thing I found to come to terms with when I was a Christian is why God would choose such a brutal mechanism to bring about life, it seems that spontaneous generation as depicted in Genesis would have been much more benign and in line with his character.

It wasn't really the fact it contradicted 7 day creation though that I found hard to accept, Genesis never seemed to be the sort of thing I could have ever taken literally on any level, given I was scientifically educated.
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 5:00:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/19/2014 4:30:44 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 8/19/2014 4:27:48 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/19/2014 4:07:00 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 8/19/2014 2:50:46 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/18/2014 8:34:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Why do Christians find it difficult to accept evolution when the evidence is there to see? I find it that rarely will Christians accept the theory of evolution and this bothers me. It's like we shouldn't have been sent to school to begin with.

Response: I am not a Christian so I cannot speak for them. Yet evolution is clearly false, as neither you, nor anyone else, can provide observable evidence of a species evolving into another. So clearly evolution is false. Furthermore, science itself confirms so, since scientific facts are concluded by observing repeated results from the same process. Therefore, since we only see microevolution in the same species and not macroevolution of a species evolving into another is proof from science itself that evolution is false.

micro evolution being done multiple times, leads to macro evolution. The big changes don't just occur in a big chance. The Rodhecetus didn't just magically evolve into the whales and dolphins. It took years and years and reproduction. It's basically the more babies we have, the more a species will evolve.

So how come with 7 Billion humans alive today, there isn't a single superhuman?

Define what a superhuman is?

A human with a massively towering intellect, a human with superhuman strength, etc. Surely you've heard of the X-Men.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...