Jump to topic:

Encounters with the supernatural

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 7:38:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Anyone ever had encounters with supernatural things? What was God trying to teach you? Have you ever tried to prove it scientifically?

One time, i was talking with my friend and all of a sudden, it looked like he swallowed something bitter and then started laughing hysterically but there was an evil presence none of which i have ever felt before and it filled the room along with fear. I was shocked, paralyzed as i couldn't call on my family for help because my mouth couldn't utter anything. It was then that a malevolent and evil demonic being took control of him and began taunting me. God then spoke me and told me to use the name of Jesus. For the next few minutes, at a very young age i performed my 1st "exorcism" if you can call it that. He said he fell face-flat on his desk. The whole conversation (might still have it) is recorded on the chat history, so i had proof that he was possessed. I showed him that and i think he became fully convinced that God existed.

I had numerous fights with evil spirits as i had to pray for God to help me. The most intense one was in person as i saw a family member get possessed. I can assure you, she was not crazy or delusional as she showed no signs of that, as soon as she was knocked out and then woke up with widened eyes of evil and malice, a supernatural fear and dark presence filled the room. She made her hands into claws and began scratching on the walls as i prayed outloud. She had a back-problem and bent her back to the "breaking point" as it didn't even hurt. After it was over, she still remembered her back hurting. I could also see rest in her face vs. before.

Now i typically have dreams and i am aware of them being just casual visions, but some nights, i have some sort of "divine" energy fill my mind and felt like i was going to have an out of body experience. I was frightened that God would show me something that i perhaps wasn't ready to see. I felt everything spinning as i felt i could access the spiritual realm. I felt like i was going back in time and seeing God. I also felt like i was in space and all of a sudden, i see an angel appear before me with blue glowing eyes and grey like a statue. He tried to ask me a question but i was too terrified to answer. I never had those kinds of dreams again, but if possible, i want to have them again.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 7:50:19 PM
At 8/19/2014 7:38:49 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Anyone ever had encounters with supernatural things? What was God trying to teach you? Have you ever tried to prove it scientifically?

One time, i was talking with my friend and all of a sudden, it looked like he swallowed something bitter and then started laughing hysterically but there was an evil presence none of which i have ever felt before and it filled the room along with fear. I was shocked, paralyzed as i couldn't call on my family for help because my mouth couldn't utter anything. It was then that a malevolent and evil demonic being took control of him and began taunting me. God then spoke me and told me to use the name of Jesus. For the next few minutes, at a very young age i performed my 1st "exorcism" if you can call it that. He said he fell face-flat on his desk. The whole conversation (might still have it) is recorded on the chat history, so i had proof that he was possessed. I showed him that and i think he became fully convinced that God existed.

I had numerous fights with evil spirits as i had to pray for God to help me. The most intense one was in person as i saw a family member get possessed. I can assure you, she was not crazy or delusional as she showed no signs of that, as soon as she was knocked out and then woke up with widened eyes of evil and malice, a supernatural fear and dark presence filled the room. She made her hands into claws and began scratching on the walls as i prayed outloud. She had a back-problem and bent her back to the "breaking point" as it didn't even hurt. After it was over, she still remembered her back hurting. I could also see rest in her face vs. before.

Now i typically have dreams and i am aware of them being just casual visions, but some nights, i have some sort of "divine" energy fill my mind and felt like i was going to have an out of body experience. I was frightened that God would show me something that i perhaps wasn't ready to see. I felt everything spinning as i felt i could access the spiritual realm. I felt like i was going back in time and seeing God. I also felt like i was in space and all of a sudden, i see an angel appear before me with blue glowing eyes and grey like a statue. He tried to ask me a question but i was too terrified to answer. I never had those kinds of dreams again, but if possible, i want to have them again.

Is anyone in your family an Espiritista?
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 4:38:11 AM
Anyone ever had encounters with supernatural things?
No. No one has. Many people have experiences they lack explanations for, and some of them make bad assumptions, but no one has encountered anything supernatural.

Do you understand how Criss Angel managed to make it appear as though he crawls through a store-front window without breaking the glass? Does that mean it was a supernatural act, or simply that you don't know how to explain what you saw?
https://www.youtube.com...

This is definitely worth watching.

This one shows how easily a man (who knows what he's doing), can convert a room of atheists to hold some level of belief in God. It takes him only a few minutes. In just as little time, he can convert them back. Because you don't understand how he does this, does that make it supernatural? Is he using demons or angels? You don't know.

In fact, this man is an atheist. He has simply learned many of the same tricks used in evangelical shows and church gatherings. It's all just a big trick. But if you were there and no one told you any of that, you'd be jumping to all kinds of ridiculous conclusions. (About 6-minutes long)
https://www.youtube.com...

What was God trying to teach you? Have you ever tried to prove it scientifically?
Why would you jump to such an irrational conclusion? You simply didn't understand what happened. It doesn't have anything to do with God. It has to do with your level of understanding.

You have a very over-active imagination.

You should:

1. Contact the James Randi foundation and tell them you want your million dollars.
http://www.randi.org...

2. Contact psychological counseling

If you're right you could win a million dollars. If I'm right, maybe they can help you get the counseling you need.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 7:29:40 AM
At 8/19/2014 7:50:19 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

no lol
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 8:05:49 AM

Have you sought psychological support?

You need to.

Ask mum and dad if you can, there's a good boy.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 9:53:30 AM
Here on DDO my friend your best bet is to stick with the basics. You will be ridiculed by both Theists and Atheists when you begin to express things that are out of their comfort zones.

Send me a PM if you ever feel like you need to discuss these things with another Christian.
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 11:09:43 AM

Are claiming you performed an exorcism via instant messenger?
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 11:12:02 AM
At 8/20/2014 11:09:43 AM, Burzmali wrote:

yea
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 11:12:21 AM
At 8/20/2014 9:53:30 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
Here on DDO my friend your best bet is to stick with the basics. You will be ridiculed by both Theists and Atheists when you begin to express things that are out of their comfort zones.

Send me a PM if you ever feel like you need to discuss these things with another Christian.

I realize that, but ok
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 2:34:41 PM
At 8/20/2014 7:29:40 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:

no lol

Have you ever heard of Nicky Cruz? According to his autobiographies, his parents were Espiritistas, exorcists. And as a result, demonic activity was frequent in his home. I seriously doubt that it's still sold anywhere at all, but if you can somehow get your hands on a copy, I advise you to read a book called "Devil on the Run". By Nicky Cruz.

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 2:38:02 PM
At 8/20/2014 2:34:41 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

no lol

Have you ever heard of Nicky Cruz? According to his autobiographies, his parents were Espiritistas, exorcists. And as a result, demonic activity was frequent in his home. I seriously doubt that it's still sold anywhere at all, but if you can somehow get your hands on a copy, I advise you to read a book called "Devil on the Run". By Nicky Cruz.

Yea i love his testimony, it's so powerful and i can relate alot to him. I'm trying to watch the new movie coming out. I saw it in a bookstore and i'm thinking about getting it. I think you got it slightly wrong, his parents were not exorcists, his parents were satanists.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 2:39:56 PM
At 8/20/2014 2:38:02 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

no lol

Yea i love his testimony, it's so powerful and i can relate alot to him. I'm trying to watch the new movie coming out. I saw it in a bookstore and i'm thinking about getting it. I think you got it slightly wrong, his parents were not exorcists, his parents were satanists.

You've read "Devil on the Run", or was it a new book? Heck, is that book still even being printed?

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 2:42:00 PM
At 8/20/2014 2:39:56 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/20/2014 2:38:02 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

no lol

You've read "Devil on the Run", or was it a new book? Heck, is that book still even being printed?

No i haven't read it, but i did see "run baby run" on sale.
irreverent_god
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 3:05:32 PM

I'll file this under "Ummm... sure <smile and back away, slowly>!"
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 3:11:03 PM
At 8/20/2014 3:05:32 PM, irreverent_god wrote:

I'll file this under "Ummm... sure <smile and back away, slowly>!"

Right next to the folder marked "I'm going to rant and rave, making claims only a lunatic could believe, for which I have no evidence, and I want you to show me respect."
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 8:46:03 PM
At 8/20/2014 11:12:02 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/20/2014 11:09:43 AM, Burzmali wrote:

yea

You also said you could see and hear your friend, despite the fact that it was a chat.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 9:05:52 PM
Last time, I saw mythical creatures... they were unicorns and pixies. I was deep into the countryside of the U.K. and was losing it a bit from hunger and boredom.

Side Note: I didn't know exactly how much I needed this.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW