Jump to topic:

A look in the mirror

Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 5:07:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This takes almost 50-minutes to watch. But I can't imagine how any theist or person who believes in psychics or the "spiritual" could watch this and not at least admit that they may be completely wrong about what they believe.

https://www.youtube.com...
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 5:12:29 AM
At 8/20/2014 5:07:01 AM, Beastt wrote:
This takes almost 50-minutes to watch. But I can't imagine how any theist or person who believes in psychics or the "spiritual" could watch this and not at least admit that they may be completely wrong about what they believe.

As usual, fails to even mention the main points ... waste 50 minutes gents and when you explain why a single biased video doesn't convince you ... the atheist never actually made those points.

My life, unlike atheists apparently, is defines by actual research, study, and experience. Atheists? Defined by random you tube videos whose ideas they cannot express.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 5:35:06 AM
At 8/20/2014 5:12:29 AM, neutral wrote:

As usual, fails to even mention the main points ... waste 50 minutes gents and when you explain why a single biased video doesn't convince you ... the atheist never actually made those points.

My life, unlike atheists apparently, is defines by actual research, study, and experience. Atheists? Defined by random you tube videos whose ideas they cannot express.

C'mon Beastt you just gotta laugh at this dude.
A human? can survive sans any higher brain activity, a bit like that headless chicken that allegedly survived somewhere in America for 2yrs? It could have pecked at a keyboard I dare say.
It's sentence structure, grammar and coherence would have been somewhat similar I think.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 5:36:25 AM
At 8/20/2014 5:35:06 AM, bulproof wrote:

A human? can survive sans any higher brain activity, a bit like that headless chicken that allegedly survived somewhere in America for 2yrs? It could have pecked at a keyboard I dare say.
It's sentence structure, grammar and coherence would have been somewhat similar I think.
Not pecked (LOL) scratched perhaps.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 5:38:41 AM

I could describe it but it has a far greater impact if you watch it yourself, which....

... you didn't do because you haven't had time.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 5:40:19 AM
At 8/20/2014 5:35:06 AM, bulproof wrote:

I just find it both interesting and amazing how viciously some people will defend their ignorance.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 5:44:52 AM
At 8/20/2014 5:38:41 AM, Beastt wrote:

I could describe it but it has a far greater impact if you watch it yourself, which....

I suggest you just highlight the main points ... assuming YOU have watched the video and did not just snatch it randomly off you tube?

I won't watch it, especially if its just some random video.

Here please waste 50 minutes of your life! No thanks.

Why is it so convincing? Really - you claim to have watched the video atheist - prove it.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 5:48:31 AM
At 8/20/2014 5:44:52 AM, neutral wrote:

I suggest you just highlight the main points ... assuming YOU have watched the video and did not just snatch it randomly off you tube?

Why is it so convincing? Really - you claim to have watched the video atheist - prove it.

It's an actual video recording of Jesus visiting hell when he was pretend dead, it's magic, you must watch it.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 5:50:27 AM
At 8/20/2014 5:40:19 AM, Beastt wrote:

I just find it both interesting and amazing how viciously some people will defend their ignorance.

The irony here is ... thick. Agreeing with the forums greatest and most vicious troll like you are a paragon of virtue?

Again, as long as you atheists defend and encourage bully boy, you have nothing to speak about in ANYONE else's behavior - ever.

So cork the self victimizing complaints and just make a point. You tube videos about religion counter your video - its a simple google search.

WTF is anyone to think of dueling time wasting you tube diatribe from a guy who cannot even spell out enough of a teaser to make someone want to check the basic premise of video?

Assuming again, that you watched it ...
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 5:51:26 AM
At 8/20/2014 5:48:31 AM, bulproof wrote:

It's an actual video recording of Jesus visiting hell when he was pretend dead, it's magic, you must watch it.

Right ... an 'actual' video from an era where there was no video technology at all.

Sign me up for that 'reality'.

Trolls ...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 5:56:26 AM
At 8/20/2014 5:51:26 AM, neutral wrote:

Right ... an 'actual' video from an era where there was no video technology at all.

Trolls ...

God handed it to Jessup atop Mt Sinai last Sunday. With god anything is possible, surely you know that.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 5:56:44 AM

Fine. I knew most theists would be too lazy and fearful to actually watch. This is a man who is skilled in the arts of misdirection, cold-reading, suggestion, illusion, and psychology and uses those skills to replicate what is commonly presented by supposed psychics, spiritual conversion, dream-readers etc. One might think you'd enjoy watching him convert a small room full of atheists in just a few seconds, but hey... we get it. You're too afraid you might see something you've always explained as "spiritual" or "supernatural", and finding out it's just a clever trick.

I'll give you a cheat. His demonstration with the atheists starts at about 13:20 and runs to 20:56. Take a look. It won't bite.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 6:42:50 AM
At 8/20/2014 5:56:44 AM, Beastt wrote:

Fine. I knew most theists would be too lazy and fearful to actually watch. This is a man who is skilled in the arts of misdirection, cold-reading, suggestion, illusion, and psychology and uses those skills to replicate what is commonly presented by supposed psychics, spiritual conversion, dream-readers etc. One might think you'd enjoy watching him convert a small room full of atheists in just a few seconds, but hey... we get it. You're too afraid you might see something you've always explained as "spiritual" or "supernatural", and finding out it's just a clever trick.

I'll give you a cheat. His demonstration with the atheists starts at about 13:20 and runs to 20:56. Take a look. It won't bite.

And you didn't watch it and cannot, as requested, tell anyone why we should waste our time watching a video.

He does a demonstration does he?

You tube videos are the stupid man's explanation - and if you didn;t watch it, WTF are you claiming others are to lazy and fearful to watch it?

Again, it ain't hard.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 6:43:58 AM
At 8/20/2014 5:56:26 AM, bulproof wrote:

God handed it to Jessup atop Mt Sinai last Sunday. With god anything is possible, surely you know that.

Right, and God went to a troll, an atheist troll, and told him this ... and the atheist troll, who was told this by God himself, is still an atheist.

Troll be dumb. Really dumb.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 6:49:39 AM
At 8/20/2014 6:43:58 AM, neutral wrote:
At 8/20/2014 5:56:26 AM, bulproof wrote:

Right, and God went to a troll, an atheist troll, and told him this ... and the atheist troll, who was told this by God himself, is still an atheist.

Troll be dumb. Really dumb.

Well that's what you say. I didn't.

Wanna try again? BTW hows your self sacrifice to ISIS going?
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 6:50:21 AM
At 8/20/2014 6:42:50 AM, neutral wrote:

And you didn't watch it and cannot, as requested, tell anyone why we should waste our time watching a video.

You tube videos are the stupid man's explanation - and if you didn;t watch it, WTF are you claiming others are to lazy and fearful to watch it?

Again, it ain't hard.

Where do you get off suggesting I haven't watched it? Not only did I watch it tonight, but I've watched it several times in the past. In fact, that's how I knew you hadn't watched it. I started watching it before I started the thread, and you were back commenting as though you'd watched it long before it was over.

I've also seen it many times before and have a copy burned to disc. Hell, I live a few minutes drive from one of the cities he visited for one of his fraud experiments. Unlike your pathetic little liars, however, he later tells the people that he's just performing tricks.

If you're too stupid and such a pathetic coward that you won't look, then fine! But shut that lying hole under your nose and save yourself some tiny fragment of dignity.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 9:06:34 AM
At 8/20/2014 6:50:21 AM, Beastt wrote:

Again, it ain't hard.

Where do you get off suggesting I haven't watched it? Not only did I watch it tonight, but I've watched it several times in the past. In fact, that's how I knew you hadn't watched it. I started watching it before I started the thread, and you were back commenting as though you'd watched it long before it was over.

I've also seen it many times before and have a copy burned to disc. Hell, I live a few minutes drive from one of the cities he visited for one of his fraud experiments. Unlike your pathetic little liars, however, he later tells the people that he's just performing tricks.

If you're too stupid and such a pathetic coward that you won't look, then fine! But shut that lying hole under your nose and save yourself some tiny fragment of dignity.

The explain why its so convincing... should not be hard.

Tell me, other than treating all religious people like complete idiots, why should we watch this?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 9:19:43 AM
At 8/20/2014 9:06:34 AM, neutral wrote:

Again, it ain't hard.

Tell me, other than treating all religious people like complete idiots, why should we watch this?

An IQ in the top 1% of those below an IQ of 90 . everybody is so impressed.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 9:31:45 AM
At 8/20/2014 9:06:34 AM, neutral wrote:

Again, it ain't hard.

If you're curious then watch the video. If you're not then don't watch the video. Does Beastt need do everything for you? Sheesh!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 10:38:15 AM

Trolls ...

Of course they're trolls. Their most popular phrase is "Dur dur" and even when you say to them you're agnostic or secular, they go "Dur dur, you god loving fool"
Ashton
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 10:56:01 AM
At 8/20/2014 10:38:15 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:

Trolls ...

Of course they're trolls. Their most popular phrase is "Dur dur" and even when you say to them you're agnostic or secular, they go "Dur dur, you god loving fool"
Oh little thing it's your hero newt who goes DUR. Find and post something from we smart ones who do that.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 11:34:54 AM
At 8/20/2014 10:38:15 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:

Trolls ...

And you see his response above.

What do you make of a really, really dumb person accusing you of being dumb? And he does this ALL the time - oblivious to the fact that its ridiculous. Its like being 'scolded' by a two year old ... how do you give a troll a badly needed time out in the corner on the internet?
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 11:37:10 AM
At 8/20/2014 9:31:45 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

If you're curious then watch the video. If you're not then don't watch the video. Does Beastt need do everything for you? Sheesh!

Considering he has claimed to have read 55 books ... which he hasn't, based on his utter inability to explain how he reached a fundamentally opposing point of view as to what those books actually say ...

Lets just say I have reason to doubt Beastt has even read it. And if someone wastes 50 minutes and finds it ... as compelling as atheist propaganda videos usually are ... and rebuts it ... Beastt will of course not have made any claims.

I'd rather not waste the time or have anyone else waste the time.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 11:40:14 AM
At 8/20/2014 9:19:43 AM, bulproof wrote:

An IQ in the top 1% of those below an IQ of 90 . everybody is so impressed.

Yes, your personal fixation is ... impressive even by trolling standards.

You can't even insult people properly you are so stupid ...
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 1:43:34 PM
At 8/20/2014 11:37:10 AM, neutral wrote:

Lets just say I have reason to doubt Beastt has even read it. And if someone wastes 50 minutes and finds it ... as compelling as atheist propaganda videos usually are ... and rebuts it ... Beastt will of course not have made any claims.

My, my, my but you do have a very short memory. Allow me to refresh you. You started this childish rant when I first presented a list of three books I'd read on the subject.

"Did Jesus Exist?" - Bart D Ehrman
"Deconstructing Jesus" - Robert M Price
"Did Jesus Exist" - G A Wells

Do you remember how you responded? Of course you don't. You immediately started accusing me of not even knowing who wrote what. You swore I had my authors mixed up and asserted boldly that "Did Jesus Exist" was written by Bart D Ehrman, not G. A. Wells. I explained that both have written a book by that title and you started calling me a "liar". Then a third party chimed in and also corrected you by confirming that both Ehrman and Wells have written books titled "Did Jesus Exist", and you STILL kept insisting I was wrong, and calling me a liar!

So I sent you a link to the Amazon page where you can order "Did Jesus Exist" by G. A. Wells. But you persisted in calling me a liar so I made up a list of the 55 books I've read (including some I'm still reading), and explained that I'd been reading books on the topic of theism for around 11-years. Then you started calling me a liar because apparently, in that tiny brain of yours, it's not possible for someone to read 55 books in 11-years (a mere 5 per year).

That tells us all about your reading habits, not mine. Then you started insisting I'd claimed that I read them all in 2-weeks, when I never even mentioned a 2-week time frame about anything. You simply made it up to try to extract yourself from the fact that I openly invited you to test me on the contents of ANY of the books on the list I provided. You, of course, never challenged me, you simply continued to call me a liar. A few months have since passed and you've begun repeating that I claimed to have read 22-books on the historicity of Jesus. I don't even know of that many books on that particular subject, and I never made any such claim. But I corrected you, repeating both the number of books I've read on theism, and the number which were specific to the historicity of Jesus. In less than 24-hours you were again insisting that I'd claimed to have read 22-books on the historicity of Jesus, and when corrected AGAIN, you began claiming that I'd stated I'd read a total of 22-books on theism.

Any of this starting to ring a bell in that hollow head?

Now you're claiming that the books on the historicity of Jesus (listed above), all take the position that Jesus absolutely did exist. Well you're absolutely wrong. Only Ehrman's book (in that list) takes the side of Jesus historicity. Both G A Wells and Robert M Price present a case against the historicity of Jesus. If you had read the books I've read (with which you claim to be familiar), you'd know that. But as I explained then, it's difficult to put out a good list of evidences against existence, because one simply has to present an argument that evidence for existence doesn't exist. You and other Christians, seem to want a list of evidence which doesn't exist. So I was quite anxious when Ehrman's book was published. Obviously (to people with an actual thought process), if he could show sufficient evidence while the other two claimed there wasn't any, he would have the stronger case. And since, at the time, I was adopting the viewpoint that Jesus did exist, and wanted more support for that argument (since what I had was quite thin), I bought a copy immediately and started reading to find out what all of this additional evidence for a historical Jesus was.

Ehrman strings you along for the first 3 or 4 chapters, continually promising the evidence to come. When he finally gets to the meat of his argument, he begins to contradict his own claims in regard to the gospels - claims he makes in "Misquoting Jesus" and "Jesus Interrupted" (which I have also read). Not only are his arguments against the veracity of the gospels much stronger than his sudden desire to support the gospels, but his arguments against the veracity of the gospels are in agreement with many of the other authors I've read. He really makes little attempt to support the gospels. He simply jumps into them expecting the reader to accept the gospels as being other than what he shows them to be in his other books.

Since then, Richard Carrier, D. M. Murdock, Earl Doherty, David Fitzgerald, Rene Salm, Robert Price and Frank Zindler, have merged their contributions for a book called "Bart Ehrman and the Quest of the Historical Jesus of Nazareth". Richard Carrier is a Ph D, historian philosopher and specializes in the religious and intellectual history of Greece and Rome, and the modern philosophy of naturalism and atheism.
Earl Doherty began to research the historicity of Jesus in the 1980s, and published his book on the topic "The Jesus Puzzle" in 1996. He is credited with helping to bring Jesus Mythicism into public view. In 2009 he published "Jesus: Neither God Nor Man" which also focuses on the non-existence of Jesus of Nazareth.
David Fitzgerald is a writer, historian, and on the speaker's bureau of both the Secular Student Alliance and Center for Inquiry. He's also the director of the first Atheist Film Festival and author of "Nailed: Ten Christian Myths That Show Jesus Never Existed At All", "The Complete Heretic's Guide to Western Religion" and "Jesus: Mything in Action".
D. M. Murdock (AKA: Acharya S), is an alumna of Franklin & Marshall College and the American School of Classical Studies at Athens, Greece. She researches in English, Greek, Latin, Hebrew, French, Spanish, Italian, German and Portuguese. Her books include "The Christ Conspiracy", "Suns of God", "Who Was Jesus", and "Christ in Egypt".
Rene Salm is an independent researcher in the field of religion for nearly 40-years, and focuses on both Buddhism and Christianity. He authored "The Myth of Nazareth: The Invented Town of Jesus", which focuses upon the evidence showing that Nazareth was not populated during the time the Bible claims Jesus was living there.
Robert M Price is a former Catholic priest, with a Ph D in Systematic Theology as well as a Ph D in New Testament. His books include "Deconstructing Jesus", "The Widow Traditions in Luke-Acts" and "The Amazing Colossal Apostle". He's a contributing editor for The American Rationalist and The Humanist.
Frank Zindler is a linguist, geologist, neurophysiologist and editor of American Atheist Press. He is a former professor of biology and geology, and he translated and published an English version of the early German Christ-Myth theorist Arthur Drews "The Legend of Saint Peter". He wrote "The Jesus the Jews Never Knew", which is a comprehensive study of all Jewish literature surviving from antiquity, showing that the ancient Jews had never heard of "Jesus of Nazareth".

Now, before I see you start claiming that I suggested that I've read each of he above mentioned books, I have not. But here is a list of my Kindle books (not including paper books, Barnes & Nobel electronic books (such as "Did Jesus Exist" - G A Wells), etc.

Think what you want, copied right off my Amazon page... http://i748.photobucket.com...
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 1:46:23 PM
At 8/20/2014 11:51:01 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Really interesting video. Everyone should watch it if they have time.

Thank you, Ben. It's nice to see someone actually interested in the evidence... on both sides.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 1:49:27 PM
I apologize.

I see the linked image of my book list is useless. Apparently, the site holding the file has reduced it to a size well below legible. I'll have to think of something else, though I probably shouldn't waste my time. It's clear Neutral isn't at all interested in the truth. He's only interested in smearing his rhetoric and fallacious propaganda.
Morality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 1:51:51 PM
At 8/20/2014 1:43:34 PM, Beastt wrote:
snip

I haven't seen such a sound thrashing of someone in quite a while. Good job Beastt.
The_Immortal_Emris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 1:59:29 PM
At 8/20/2014 11:37:10 AM, neutral wrote:
At 8/20/2014 9:31:45 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

Considering he has claimed to have read 55 books ... which he hasn't, based on his utter inability to explain how he reached a fundamentally opposing point of view as to what those books actually say ...

All I see, is you whining vocally about something you know nothing about.

Watch the bloody video or stfu. Otherwise, you're just another troll preaching ignorance.

IF you bother to watch the video, then you can actually contribute to the discussion, rather than trying to derail it like a douche.