Total Posts:107|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

a worm

Kahvan
Posts: 1,339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 11:44:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have recently been curious of the following. Not tat even after the following though I cannot explain it i still believe in my religion.

We all have spirits? animals and plants do as well. That is why they are alive. SO here is my question. When a worn is split in half and then two worms are formed, how does the spirit react? The spirit inhabits there body and the worm splits in half and you now have two worms how do this work out with the worms spirit? Does another spirit come into the picture or what?

As partially mentioned before i have some ideas but I found this a very interesting thought.
collegekitchen7
Posts: 974
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 11:45:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 11:44:56 AM, Kahvan wrote:
Since when do worms have spirits?
: At 3/24/2010 1:38:15 PM, Mirza wrote:
: But it's human nature. You're born inside your mother, so what's wrong with having some sexual activity with her?

: At 3/18/2010 6:48:05 AM, kelly224 wrote:
: read some credible history books, unplug from the matrix.

: At 3/21/2010 4:13:56 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
: Stocks would not go up 30% over something that hasn't even happened yet.

: At 3/21/2010 6:06:10 PM, banker wrote:
: It apears you have a wierd grasp of english..! its only second to
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 11:50:55 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 11:44:56 AM, Kahvan wrote:
I have recently been curious of the following. Not tat even after the following though I cannot explain it i still believe in my religion.

We all have spirits?

Why do you say that? and what do you mean?

animals and plants do as well. That is why they are alive. SO here is my question. When a worn is split in half and then two worms are formed, how does the spirit react? The spirit inhabits there body and the worm splits in half and you now have two worms how do this work out with the worms spirit? Does another spirit come into the picture or what?


As partially mentioned before i have some ideas but I found this a very interesting thought.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 11:51:04 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 11:45:47 AM, collegekitchen7 wrote:
At 3/13/2010 11:44:56 AM, Kahvan wrote:
Since when do worms have spirits?

Only Christians have spirits, silly.
Kahvan
Posts: 1,339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 11:52:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 11:50:55 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 3/13/2010 11:44:56 AM, Kahvan wrote:
I have recently been curious of the following. Not tat even after the following though I cannot explain it i still believe in my religion.

We all have spirits?

Why do you say that? and what do you mean?


we all have a spirit but this was aimed and phrased for all faiths.. i was hoping some interesting thoughts would appear.
animals and plants do as well. That is why they are alive. SO here is my question. When a worn is split in half and then two worms are formed, how does the spirit react? The spirit inhabits there body and the worm splits in half and you now have two worms how do this work out with the worms spirit? Does another spirit come into the picture or what?


As partially mentioned before i have some ideas but I found this a very interesting thought.
collegekitchen7
Posts: 974
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 11:52:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 11:51:04 AM, JBlake wrote:
At 3/13/2010 11:45:47 AM, collegekitchen7 wrote:
At 3/13/2010 11:44:56 AM, Kahvan wrote:
Since when do worms have spirits?

Only Christians have spirits, silly.

hey!
: At 3/24/2010 1:38:15 PM, Mirza wrote:
: But it's human nature. You're born inside your mother, so what's wrong with having some sexual activity with her?

: At 3/18/2010 6:48:05 AM, kelly224 wrote:
: read some credible history books, unplug from the matrix.

: At 3/21/2010 4:13:56 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
: Stocks would not go up 30% over something that hasn't even happened yet.

: At 3/21/2010 6:06:10 PM, banker wrote:
: It apears you have a wierd grasp of english..! its only second to
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 11:55:30 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 11:52:21 AM, Kahvan wrote:
i was hoping some interesting thoughts would appear.

My thought is no.

I see no reason to say Worms have 'spirits' and if you by spirits you mean supernatural stuff.. I see no reason to say we have it either.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 11:58:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I do not believe in spirits either.

But for the sake of argument I will assume that they exist and that worms have them. Perhaps one option is that a new spirit enters one or both o the worms. Another option could be that the spirit remains in both - sort of like a clone spirit.

Also, sig. update.
Kahvan
Posts: 1,339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 12:00:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 11:58:42 AM, JBlake wrote:
I do not believe in spirits either.

But for the sake of argument I will assume that they exist and that worms have them. Perhaps one option is that a new spirit enters one or both o the worms. Another option could be that the spirit remains in both - sort of like a clone spirit.

Also, sig. update.

thank you for your ideas.
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 12:36:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
maybe its like quantum entanglement?

the two halves behave as one *creepy music*
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 12:39:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 12:36:03 PM, belle wrote:

the two halves behave as one *creepy music*

Yeah if it's supernatural I don't see why natural happenings should affect it at all.

Actually.. we really couldn't say ANYTHING AT ALL about the NATURE of the SUPER-NATURAL now could we.

UR-DURRH...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 12:43:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 12:39:04 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 3/13/2010 12:36:03 PM, belle wrote:

the two halves behave as one *creepy music*

Yeah if it's supernatural I don't see why natural happenings should affect it at all.

Actually.. we really couldn't say ANYTHING AT ALL about the NATURE of the SUPER-NATURAL now could we.

UR-DURRH...

didn't stop kant, why should it stop us??
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 12:45:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 12:39:04 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 3/13/2010 12:36:03 PM, belle wrote:

the two halves behave as one *creepy music*

Yeah if it's supernatural I don't see why natural happenings should affect it at all.

Actually.. we really couldn't say ANYTHING AT ALL about the NATURE of the SUPER-NATURAL now could we.

UR-DURRH...

Define natural.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 12:53:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 12:43:45 PM, belle wrote:
At 3/13/2010 12:39:04 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 3/13/2010 12:36:03 PM, belle wrote:

the two halves behave as one *creepy music*

Yeah if it's supernatural I don't see why natural happenings should affect it at all.

Actually.. we really couldn't say ANYTHING AT ALL about the NATURE of the SUPER-NATURAL now could we.

UR-DURRH...

didn't stop kant, why should it stop us??

It stopped Hume.. That guy who Kant really wasn't able to actually argue against on basically anything at all...

If you think kant had a good point about something we can actually say about the Supernatural, say it. If you don't think so... then why it should stop us should be clear.

That is, b/c he didn't have a good point.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 12:59:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 12:45:42 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Define natural.

I dunno :)

That 'reality' we assume b/c of regular patterns of experience.

That assumed reality which we interpret as being regular and measurable.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 1:05:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 12:59:55 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 3/13/2010 12:45:42 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Define natural.

I dunno :)

That 'reality' we assume b/c of regular patterns of experience.

That assumed reality which we interpret as being regular and measurable.

Begging the question. Besides that - if you don't even know how to define natural how are you confident in proclaiming that we can't saying anything about the nature of the supernatural?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 1:09:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 12:53:04 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 3/13/2010 12:43:45 PM, belle wrote:

didn't stop kant, why should it stop us??

It stopped Hume.. That guy who Kant really wasn't able to actually argue against on basically anything at all...

If you think kant had a good point about something we can actually say about the Supernatural, say it. If you don't think so... then why it should stop us should be clear.

That is, b/c he didn't have a good point.

he did have a good point, he just didn't know when to STFU. lol.

and i was making fun of him, so calm down.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 1:25:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 1:05:07 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 3/13/2010 12:59:55 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 3/13/2010 12:45:42 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Define natural.

I dunno :)

That 'reality' we assume b/c of regular patterns of experience.

That assumed reality which we interpret as being regular and measurable.

Begging the question. Besides that - if you don't even know how to define natural how are you confident in proclaiming that we can't saying anything about the nature of the supernatural?

Definition..
Supernatural: that stuff people come up with that has no reason behind it whatsoever.

We can't discover it's nature b/c it has no connection to any evidence at all to tell what it would actually be like.

What's your definition?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 1:26:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Definition..
Supernatural: that stuff people come up with that has no reason behind it whatsoever.

We can't discover it's nature b/c it has no connection to any evidence at all to tell what it would actually be like.

What's your definition?

I think there's reason to say there's stuff beyond our understanding...

but I don't see how you could understand it.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 1:27:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 11:51:04 AM, JBlake wrote:
Only Christians have spirits, silly.

Non-christian humans have souls too. They're just damned to hell.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 1:53:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Half the worm keeps the spirit, the other half gets a new spirit from wherever spirits come from.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 3:37:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 3:15:25 PM, Immortal wrote:
Spirits split in half.

That would suggest they are quantifiable and physical i.e. not very spirit like at all.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 3:46:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 3:37:54 PM, Puck wrote:
At 3/13/2010 3:15:25 PM, Immortal wrote:
Spirits split in half.

That would suggest they are quantifiable and physical i.e. not very spirit like at all.

they don't literally split they do a "spirit split"

it's not really splitting in the physical sense... More like cheerleading :)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Immortal
Posts: 350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 3:48:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 3:37:54 PM, Puck wrote:
At 3/13/2010 3:15:25 PM, Immortal wrote:
Spirits split in half.

That would suggest they are quantifiable and physical i.e. not very spirit like at all.

OK. If animals have spirits, do spirits just "pass" from offspring to offspring, or develop in them. For example, if human embryos have souls, do the souls act like genes and transfer to offspring?

I guess this depends on the definition of the spirit.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 3:52:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
You are a Christian,

In Christianity, all which are alive have spirits. Humans have the immortal soul/spirit, our physical bodies die and rot but the spirit lives on to the afterlife, to Heaven or Hell.

As for animals they probably also have spirits (as they are also beings of dust and mist/mud). The creation of an human requires the breath of life, the action that results creation of the soul. Animals probably need the same, however animals in Christianity are empty beings they have no free will so there afterlife is unknown.

As for the worm, if they have souls, when they divide into two, the Soul will also split. However your soul has existed before creation so the split soul has always been there, waiting to assuming it's physical form as we do at Contraception(EAT that abortion!).

Hope I helped.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2010 3:54:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/13/2010 3:48:58 PM, Immortal wrote:
At 3/13/2010 3:37:54 PM, Puck wrote:
At 3/13/2010 3:15:25 PM, Immortal wrote:
Spirits split in half.

That would suggest they are quantifiable and physical i.e. not very spirit like at all.

OK. If animals have spirits, do spirits just "pass" from offspring to offspring, or develop in them. For example, if human embryos have souls, do the souls act like genes and transfer to offspring?

I guess this depends on the definition of the spirit.

Why are you trying to reason about Spirit Stuff?

It doesn't have to make sense.
GOD did it.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."