Total Posts:51|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Jesus and human sacrifice

Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 9:58:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
As an atheist, you don't understand the point of the story of the self-sacrifice of Jesus Christ. God was using using/is using the absolutely striking psychological emotional strength that came from associating God directly with hideous torturous death of a criminal. There is no other religious icon of self-sacrifice that has the psychological power of crucified Christ. None in the world. The old gods sacrifices never matched Jesus' hold over the human psyche. That God-Man on the Cross just wrenched the hearts of spiritually conscious people and made them think again about the power of men to wreak death and misery over the Meek, the truly Humane Beings.

If you want to be a good person in this world you will find you must Sacrifice Power for Love and that's a fact Jesus Christ shows us all from the Cross.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 10:00:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

Because we don't all accept the penal substituion theory of atonement.

/thread
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 10:15:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 10:00:27 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

Because we don't all accept the penal substituion theory of atonement.

/thread

You may not accept that particular claim of atonement, but do you accept any kind of claim that a human sacrifice was performed that was effective in dealing with the wrath of a God ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bulproof
Posts: 25,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 10:22:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 10:00:27 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

Because we don't all accept the penal substituion theory of atonement.

/thread

So your god didn't sacrifice himself to himself?

Another christianity?
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

No, there's no "evidence", apart from the declaration of the Scriptures, but Christ was the appointed sacrifice.

God never even remotely suggested that anyone but his Son was an acceptable sacrifice for sins.

(Real) Christians don't base their beliefs on weighing "evidence", they believe the testimony of Scripture.

And the absolute core of our faith is that Christ "by himself purged our sins," and "sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:" (Hebrews 1:3)
bulproof
Posts: 25,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 10:32:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

No, there's no "evidence", apart from the declaration of the Scriptures, but Christ was the appointed sacrifice.

God never even remotely suggested that anyone but his Son was an acceptable sacrifice for sins.

(Real) Christians don't base their beliefs on weighing "evidence", they believe the testimony of Scripture.

And the absolute core of our faith is that Christ "by himself purged our sins," and "sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:" (Hebrews 1:3)

So this christ was needed to be sacrificed to the all loving, all forgiving god so that this all forgiving god could find it within him to forgive.
But like the god of volcanoes, this god needed a human sacrifice.

Yea god.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 10:51:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

No, there's no "evidence", apart from the declaration of the Scriptures, but Christ was the appointed sacrifice.

God never even remotely suggested that anyone but his Son was an acceptable sacrifice for sins.

One baseless claim about God is just as good as another. This is not helpful.


(Real) Christians don't base their beliefs on weighing "evidence", they believe the testimony of Scripture.

Yeah, to hell with evidence.


And the absolute core of our faith is that Christ "by himself purged our sins," and "sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:" (Hebrews 1:3)
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 10:59:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 10:32:50 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

No, there's no "evidence", apart from the declaration of the Scriptures, but Christ was the appointed sacrifice.

God never even remotely suggested that anyone but his Son was an acceptable sacrifice for sins.

(Real) Christians don't base their beliefs on weighing "evidence", they believe the testimony of Scripture.

And the absolute core of our faith is that Christ "by himself purged our sins," and "sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:" (Hebrews 1:3)

So this christ was needed to be sacrificed to the all loving, all forgiving god so that this all forgiving god could find it within him to forgive.
But like the god of volcanoes, this god needed a human sacrifice.

Yea god.

Yes, in order for God to be just and yet justify (declare to be righteous) a sinner, a propitiation (appeasement) must be made.

God's holy wrath against sin must be satisfied in order for God to justify the ungodly.

And since no sinner could satisfy the requirements of God's Law, God's own Son took on flesh and dwelt among us.

And he lived the full life of a man in perfect obedience to everything required by God's Law.

He did not do this for himself, but on behalf of his people, who could not perform what God required of them.

He was "born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law," (Gal.4:4-5)

And having established a perfect righteousness on behalf of his people, his righteousness was accounted to them.

And their sins were charged to his account, so that he bore the guilt, and God justly punished him for their sins.

And when the Lord Jesus died, and was buried, after three days, he arose, without sin, justified before God!

That means that the sins of his people have all been put away, and they are remembered by God no more.

God is therefore, just to forgive them for all of their sins, and to count them as sons and joint-heirs with Christ.

And even now, Christ is sitting on his throne in Heaven, giving eternal life to whomever he will.

Christ said:
"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out." (John 6:37)

Therefore, repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and receive a full pardon for your sins.
bulproof
Posts: 25,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 11:03:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 10:59:15 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:32:50 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

No, there's no "evidence", apart from the declaration of the Scriptures, but Christ was the appointed sacrifice.

God never even remotely suggested that anyone but his Son was an acceptable sacrifice for sins.

(Real) Christians don't base their beliefs on weighing "evidence", they believe the testimony of Scripture.

And the absolute core of our faith is that Christ "by himself purged our sins," and "sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:" (Hebrews 1:3)

So this christ was needed to be sacrificed to the all loving, all forgiving god so that this all forgiving god could find it within him to forgive.
But like the god of volcanoes, this god needed a human sacrifice.

Yea god.

Yes, in order for God to be just and yet justify (declare to be righteous) a sinner, a propitiation (appeasement) must be made.

God's holy wrath against sin must be satisfied in order for God to justify the ungodly.

And since no sinner could satisfy the requirements of God's Law, God's own Son took on flesh and dwelt among us.

And he lived the full life of a man in perfect obedience to everything required by God's Law.

He did not do this for himself, but on behalf of his people, who could not perform what God required of them.

He was "born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law," (Gal.4:4-5)

And having established a perfect righteousness on behalf of his people, his righteousness was accounted to them.

And their sins were charged to his account, so that he bore the guilt, and God justly punished him for their sins.

And when the Lord Jesus died, and was buried, after three days, he arose, without sin, justified before God!

That means that the sins of his people have all been put away, and they are remembered by God no more.

God is therefore, just to forgive them for all of their sins, and to count them as sons and joint-heirs with Christ.

And even now, Christ is sitting on his throne in Heaven, giving eternal life to whomever he will.

Christ said:
"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out." (John 6:37)

Therefore, repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and receive a full pardon for your sins.

A pretty piss poor all powerful, all knowing god really.

But you worship it anyway.

Go for it.

You do know that it was created in man's image, don't you?
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 11:08:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 10:51:22 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

No, there's no "evidence", apart from the declaration of the Scriptures, but Christ was the appointed sacrifice.

God never even remotely suggested that anyone but his Son was an acceptable sacrifice for sins.

One baseless claim about God is just as good as another. This is not helpful.

Well, if you won't believe the testimony of Scripture, all the "evidence" in the world won't help you.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 11:38:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Without using human religious history, what is sacrifice of itself? It"s the destruction or surrender of something valued or desired for the sake of something having, or regarded as having, a higher or a more pressing claim; the loss entailed by devotion to some other interest; also, the thing so devoted or surrendered.

This could be what is experienced by paying taxes, or paying extortion for protection, or franchise ownership. Its not "sacrifice" if it isn"t valued greatly by the one who offered. Like money to pay for protection and provision of a higher power, whether it be a god, or a ruler, or a government.

But in the case of Jesus as a human sacrifice, is a case of what is valued and offered to who? And it wasn"t a human sacrifice as in on an altar, and it was the Roman authorities that executed the act. The Israeli authorities may have saw it as one man dies that Israel at the time be intact, but that sort of let the few die that the many may live or keep what they have happens all the time. The Israeli authorities were afraid of what happen anyway around forty years later. Also the Israelites where not of a religion, or system of belief that had anything to do with human sacrifice. Hence Jesus being referred to as, the Lamb that was slain, or the Lamb that takes away the sins of the world, in biblical terms.

So human sacrifice as a practice isn"t associated to Jesus Christ, other than Abrahams offering of the chosen son Isaac, who was greatly valued by Abraham, but then again Abraham stated that the Lord would provide an offering and the Lord did. It was Jesus who offered Himself by letting things happen the way they did.

In the case of Jesus Christ what was offered or sacrificed was what is God"s in the world, that men value and don"t surrender to God. Just as your income tax belongs to the government and if you don"t surrender, then there is something to be feared.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 1:38:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

I think the sacrifice that Jesus made by preaching the word of God is and was the only sacrifice that have made difference. Any other "sacrifice" has not done change in person"s mind that is why they were really useless. However, Jesus by using his life for us and by preaching the word of God gave us possibility to be born anew. And I think that has happened to many and therefore his sacrifice was good and worked.

"Most assuredly, I tell you, unless one is born anew, he can't see the Kingdom of God." Nicodemus said to him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb, and be born?" Jesus answered, "Most assuredly I tell you, unless one is born of water and spirit, he can't enter into the Kingdom of God! That which is born of the flesh is flesh. That which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Don't marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born anew.'
John 3:3-7

But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God's children, to those who believe in his name: who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
John 1:12-13

Little children, let no one lead you astray. He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10

It is the spirit who gives life. The flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.
John 6:63
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 6:28:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 10:22:18 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:00:27 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

Because we don't all accept the penal substituion theory of atonement.

/thread

So your god didn't sacrifice himself to himself?

Another christianity?

No, that's a strawman on any version of christianity. /thread
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 6:31:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 10:15:50 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:00:27 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

Because we don't all accept the penal substituion theory of atonement.

/thread

You may not accept that particular claim of atonement,

A lot of Christians don't. The majority of Christians don't. Your claim seems localized to a specific subset of western (and by that I mean American and maybe British) Christians.

but do you accept any kind of claim that a human sacrifice was performed that was effective in dealing with the wrath of a God ?

No.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 7:15:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

No, there's no "evidence", apart from the declaration of the Scriptures, but Christ was the appointed sacrifice.

God never even remotely suggested that anyone but his Son was an acceptable sacrifice for sins.

Did god suggests Jesus was an acceptable sacrifice?

(Real) Christians don't base their beliefs on weighing "evidence", they believe the testimony of Scripture.

And the absolute core of our faith is that Christ "by himself purged our sins," and "sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:" (Hebrews 1:3)
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 7:20:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 7:15:58 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

No, there's no "evidence", apart from the declaration of the Scriptures, but Christ was the appointed sacrifice.

God never even remotely suggested that anyone but his Son was an acceptable sacrifice for sins.

Did god suggests Jesus was an acceptable sacrifice?


God not only suggested it, he declares it all throughout the Scriptures.
That's the whole BASIS of the forgiveness of sins.

Christ satisfied the demands of God's justice on behalf of all those whom he came to die for.

If God had not accepted the sacrifice of his Son, then no one would be forgiven.

And the proof that it was accepted, and that HE was accepted, is God raised him from the dead.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 7:22:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

(Real) Christians don't base their beliefs on weighing "evidence", they believe the testimony of Scripture.

And what is "scripture"? It's any writing that one of the foolish appointees of a corrupt emperor decided to give his own personal blessing. The men who dubbed certain texts "scripture" lived 300 years after the time of Jesus, obviously never knew Jesus, were not privy to any of the claimed events of the New Testament, never knew anyone who knew Jesus, and weren't even seen as of any notable intellect by their own peers. And it took them 42-years of infighting, attrition and political scheming to finally arrive at a consensus of what was "scripture" and what was "heresy".
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 7:23:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 7:20:45 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 7:15:58 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

No, there's no "evidence", apart from the declaration of the Scriptures, but Christ was the appointed sacrifice.

God never even remotely suggested that anyone but his Son was an acceptable sacrifice for sins.

Did god suggests Jesus was an acceptable sacrifice?


God not only suggested it, he declares it all throughout the Scriptures.

Where does god say this?

That's the whole BASIS of the forgiveness of sins.

Christ satisfied the demands of God's justice on behalf of all those whom he came to die for.

If God had not accepted the sacrifice of his Son, then no one would be forgiven.

And the proof that it was accepted, and that HE was accepted, is God raised him from the dead.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 7:54:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 10:15:50 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:00:27 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

Because we don't all accept the penal substituion theory of atonement.

/thread

You may not accept that particular claim of atonement, but do you accept any kind of claim that a human sacrifice was performed that was effective in dealing with the wrath of a God ?

Only a human who doesn't have the curse of sin and has never sinned is able to provide a sufficient sacrifice. No human being besides Jesus Christ has met these qualifications.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 8:16:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 7:23:37 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/22/2014 7:20:45 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 7:15:58 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

No, there's no "evidence", apart from the declaration of the Scriptures, but Christ was the appointed sacrifice.

God never even remotely suggested that anyone but his Son was an acceptable sacrifice for sins.

Did god suggests Jesus was an acceptable sacrifice?


God not only suggested it, he declares it all throughout the Scriptures.

Where does god say this?

Where does God say that the sacrifice was accepted?

It says that all throughout the New Testament.

For example, in Hebrews 9:12, it says:
"....with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption."

That speaks of a finished work, which accomplished it's intended purpose.
It says, "....having obtained eternal redemption."

If the sacrifice was not accepted, then redemption would not be accomplished.
Consider also Hebrews, Chapter 10:

Verses 10-14:
"....we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.
But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool.
For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified."


Clearly, the sacrifice was accepted.
Consider also Acts, Chapter 2:

Verses 22-24:
"Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know" Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it"

God raised him from the dead, signifying that the sacrifice was accepted.

And Verse 36:
"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."

Also consider Philippians 2:5-11, which says:

"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

So, God not only accepted the sacrifice, but highly exalted him, and gave him a name above every name.

Now, if that's not what you were asking for, let me know. But that's my answer, as far as "Where did God say that sacrifice was accepted?"
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 8:25:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 11:08:22 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:51:22 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

No, there's no "evidence", apart from the declaration of the Scriptures, but Christ was the appointed sacrifice.

God never even remotely suggested that anyone but his Son was an acceptable sacrifice for sins.

One baseless claim about God is just as good as another. This is not helpful.

Well, if you won't believe the testimony of Scripture, all the "evidence" in the world won't help you.

We live in a world where literally anyone can make a claim about God. That's why the fact that a claim exists in of it's self about God doesn't mean one should accept it.

Of course you have no problem with this when applying it to say the Quran, book of mormon or some guys email. We are both very good non believers and skeptics when it comes to those things arn't we ?

It just you don't apply the same standard to the bible.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 8:37:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 8:16:33 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 7:23:37 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/22/2014 7:20:45 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 7:15:58 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

No, there's no "evidence", apart from the declaration of the Scriptures, but Christ was the appointed sacrifice.

God never even remotely suggested that anyone but his Son was an acceptable sacrifice for sins.

Did god suggests Jesus was an acceptable sacrifice?


God not only suggested it, he declares it all throughout the Scriptures.

Where does god say this?

Where does God say that the sacrifice was accepted?

It says that all throughout the New Testament.

For example, in Hebrews 9:12, it says:
"....with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption."

That speaks of a finished work, which accomplished it's intended purpose.
It says, "....having obtained eternal redemption."

If the sacrifice was not accepted, then redemption would not be accomplished.
Consider also Hebrews, Chapter 10:

Verses 10-14:
"....we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.
But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool.
For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified."


Clearly, the sacrifice was accepted.
Consider also Acts, Chapter 2:

Verses 22-24:
"Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know" Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it"

God raised him from the dead, signifying that the sacrifice was accepted.

And Verse 36:
"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."

Also consider Philippians 2:5-11, which says:

"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

So, God not only accepted the sacrifice, but highly exalted him, and gave him a name above every name.

Now, if that's not what you were asking for, let me know. But that's my answer, as far as "Where did God say that sacrifice was accepted?"

Well, three things:
1.The "god-inspired" OT suggests a conquering messiah, not one who would come and get nailed to a tree. (Which was rather lowly and shameful in the first century)

2. There is no claim the NT is the word of god. 2nd TImothy 3:16 refers to the OT. The NT was not even thought of when those words were written.

3. You have submitted the words of men written after the fact.

Now, where exactly did god say that sacrifice was accepted?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 8:42:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 8:25:27 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:08:22 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:51:22 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

No, there's no "evidence", apart from the declaration of the Scriptures, but Christ was the appointed sacrifice.

God never even remotely suggested that anyone but his Son was an acceptable sacrifice for sins.

One baseless claim about God is just as good as another. This is not helpful.

Well, if you won't believe the testimony of Scripture, all the "evidence" in the world won't help you.

We live in a world where literally anyone can make a claim about God. That's why the fact that a claim exists in of it's self about God doesn't mean one should accept it.

Of course you have no problem with this when applying it to say the Quran, book of mormon or some guys email. We are both very good non believers and skeptics when it comes to those things arn't we ?

It just you don't apply the same standard to the bible.

Yeah, well the bottom line is this:

God has sent prophets, apostles, and Christ himself, to testify of the truth of God.

And God is not obligated to PROVE it to YOU or ANYONE ELSE.
It's enough that he simply declared it.

You don't have to believe one word of it. You can go right on to Hell.
It won't make a bit of difference to God.

God will be glorified if he saves you, and glorified if he damns you.
The will of God can never be frustrated.
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 8:48:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 8:37:20 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/22/2014 8:16:33 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 7:23:37 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/22/2014 7:20:45 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 7:15:58 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

No, there's no "evidence", apart from the declaration of the Scriptures, but Christ was the appointed sacrifice.

God never even remotely suggested that anyone but his Son was an acceptable sacrifice for sins.

Did god suggests Jesus was an acceptable sacrifice?


God not only suggested it, he declares it all throughout the Scriptures.

Where does god say this?

Where does God say that the sacrifice was accepted?

It says that all throughout the New Testament.

For example, in Hebrews 9:12, it says:
"....with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption."

That speaks of a finished work, which accomplished it's intended purpose.
It says, "....having obtained eternal redemption."

If the sacrifice was not accepted, then redemption would not be accomplished.
Consider also Hebrews, Chapter 10:

Verses 10-14:
"....we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.
But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool.
For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified."


Clearly, the sacrifice was accepted.
Consider also Acts, Chapter 2:

Verses 22-24:
"Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know" Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it"

God raised him from the dead, signifying that the sacrifice was accepted.

And Verse 36:
"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."

Also consider Philippians 2:5-11, which says:

"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

So, God not only accepted the sacrifice, but highly exalted him, and gave him a name above every name.

Now, if that's not what you were asking for, let me know. But that's my answer, as far as "Where did God say that sacrifice was accepted?"

Well, three things:
1.The "god-inspired" OT suggests a conquering messiah, not one who would come and get nailed to a tree. (Which was rather lowly and shameful in the first century)

2. There is no claim the NT is the word of god. 2nd TImothy 3:16 refers to the OT. The NT was not even thought of when those words were written.

3. You have submitted the words of men written after the fact.

Now, where exactly did god say that sacrifice was accepted?

OK, well....

Suit yourself, Skeptic.

You've been warned, and that's that.

The blood is not on my hands, that's for sure.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 9:21:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 8:42:29 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 8:25:27 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:08:22 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:51:22 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

No, there's no "evidence", apart from the declaration of the Scriptures, but Christ was the appointed sacrifice.

God never even remotely suggested that anyone but his Son was an acceptable sacrifice for sins.

One baseless claim about God is just as good as another. This is not helpful.

Well, if you won't believe the testimony of Scripture, all the "evidence" in the world won't help you.

We live in a world where literally anyone can make a claim about God. That's why the fact that a claim exists in of it's self about God doesn't mean one should accept it.

Of course you have no problem with this when applying it to say the Quran, book of mormon or some guys email. We are both very good non believers and skeptics when it comes to those things arn't we ?

It just you don't apply the same standard to the bible.

Yeah, well the bottom line is this:

God has sent prophets, apostles, and Christ himself, to testify of the truth of God.

And God is not obligated to PROVE it to YOU or ANYONE ELSE.
It's enough that he simply declared it.


You don't have to believe one word of it. You can go right on to Hell.
It won't make a bit of difference to God.

God will be glorified if he saves you, and glorified if he damns you.
The will of God can never be frustrated.

Should I give into fear now ? how about I just believe everything you say cause you threaten that God is going to send me to hell.

Your the one repeating claims about what God has or has not done/said.

So yeah God doesn't have to prove jack, but you do.

How dare you in anyway imply that to disagree with your religious beliefs is one and the same as disagreeing with God.

How dare you hide behind the threat and fear of hell to deal with objections to your religious beliefs.

I find you dishonest, manipulative a bit of a psychopathic.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 9:24:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 9:21:10 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/22/2014 8:42:29 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 8:25:27 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:08:22 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:51:22 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

No, there's no "evidence", apart from the declaration of the Scriptures, but Christ was the appointed sacrifice.

God never even remotely suggested that anyone but his Son was an acceptable sacrifice for sins.

One baseless claim about God is just as good as another. This is not helpful.

Well, if you won't believe the testimony of Scripture, all the "evidence" in the world won't help you.

We live in a world where literally anyone can make a claim about God. That's why the fact that a claim exists in of it's self about God doesn't mean one should accept it.

Of course you have no problem with this when applying it to say the Quran, book of mormon or some guys email. We are both very good non believers and skeptics when it comes to those things arn't we ?

It just you don't apply the same standard to the bible.

Yeah, well the bottom line is this:

God has sent prophets, apostles, and Christ himself, to testify of the truth of God.

And God is not obligated to PROVE it to YOU or ANYONE ELSE.
It's enough that he simply declared it.


You don't have to believe one word of it. You can go right on to Hell.
It won't make a bit of difference to God.

God will be glorified if he saves you, and glorified if he damns you.
The will of God can never be frustrated.

Should I give into fear now ? how about I just believe everything you say cause you threaten that God is going to send me to hell.

Your the one repeating claims about what God has or has not done/said.

So yeah God doesn't have to prove jack, but you do.

How dare you in anyway imply that to disagree with your religious beliefs is one and the same as disagreeing with God.

How dare you hide behind the threat and fear of hell to deal with objections to your religious beliefs.

I find you dishonest, manipulative a bit of a psychopathic.

You can find me to be whatever you want, but your beef is with God and not me.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 9:35:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 9:24:07 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 9:21:10 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/22/2014 8:42:29 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 8:25:27 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:08:22 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:51:22 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

No, there's no "evidence", apart from the declaration of the Scriptures, but Christ was the appointed sacrifice.

God never even remotely suggested that anyone but his Son was an acceptable sacrifice for sins.

One baseless claim about God is just as good as another. This is not helpful.

Well, if you won't believe the testimony of Scripture, all the "evidence" in the world won't help you.

We live in a world where literally anyone can make a claim about God. That's why the fact that a claim exists in of it's self about God doesn't mean one should accept it.

Of course you have no problem with this when applying it to say the Quran, book of mormon or some guys email. We are both very good non believers and skeptics when it comes to those things arn't we ?

It just you don't apply the same standard to the bible.

Yeah, well the bottom line is this:

God has sent prophets, apostles, and Christ himself, to testify of the truth of God.

And God is not obligated to PROVE it to YOU or ANYONE ELSE.
It's enough that he simply declared it.


You don't have to believe one word of it. You can go right on to Hell.
It won't make a bit of difference to God.

God will be glorified if he saves you, and glorified if he damns you.
The will of God can never be frustrated.

Should I give into fear now ? how about I just believe everything you say cause you threaten that God is going to send me to hell.

Your the one repeating claims about what God has or has not done/said.

So yeah God doesn't have to prove jack, but you do.

How dare you in anyway imply that to disagree with your religious beliefs is one and the same as disagreeing with God.

How dare you hide behind the threat and fear of hell to deal with objections to your religious beliefs.

I find you dishonest, manipulative a bit of a psychopathic.

You can find me to be whatever you want, but your beef is with God and not me.

No your the one making claims about what God has said nor not said, my beef is with you Satan.

Your the one who uses the threat of hell fire when challenged on your beliefs and claims about God so my beef is with you Satan.

Oh there was a meeting, and it was decided your name is now Satan. God told me.

Hey your beef is with God not me.............

I am just joking about that God bit but, just wanted to prove a point of how EASY it is to make claims on Gods behalf and hide behind God when challenged on those claims.

There are people like that that exist in the word that exploit that fact................eh Satan ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 10:16:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 9:35:40 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/22/2014 9:24:07 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 9:21:10 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/22/2014 8:42:29 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 8:25:27 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:08:22 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:51:22 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

No, there's no "evidence", apart from the declaration of the Scriptures, but Christ was the appointed sacrifice.

God never even remotely suggested that anyone but his Son was an acceptable sacrifice for sins.

One baseless claim about God is just as good as another. This is not helpful.

Well, if you won't believe the testimony of Scripture, all the "evidence" in the world won't help you.

We live in a world where literally anyone can make a claim about God. That's why the fact that a claim exists in of it's self about God doesn't mean one should accept it.

Of course you have no problem with this when applying it to say the Quran, book of mormon or some guys email. We are both very good non believers and skeptics when it comes to those things arn't we ?

It just you don't apply the same standard to the bible.

Yeah, well the bottom line is this:

God has sent prophets, apostles, and Christ himself, to testify of the truth of God.

And God is not obligated to PROVE it to YOU or ANYONE ELSE.
It's enough that he simply declared it.


You don't have to believe one word of it. You can go right on to Hell.
It won't make a bit of difference to God.

God will be glorified if he saves you, and glorified if he damns you.
The will of God can never be frustrated.

Should I give into fear now ? how about I just believe everything you say cause you threaten that God is going to send me to hell.

Your the one repeating claims about what God has or has not done/said.

So yeah God doesn't have to prove jack, but you do.

How dare you in anyway imply that to disagree with your religious beliefs is one and the same as disagreeing with God.

How dare you hide behind the threat and fear of hell to deal with objections to your religious beliefs.

I find you dishonest, manipulative a bit of a psychopathic.

You can find me to be whatever you want, but your beef is with God and not me.

No your the one making claims about what God has said nor not said, my beef is with you Satan.

Your the one who uses the threat of hell fire when challenged on your beliefs and claims about God so my beef is with you Satan.

Oh there was a meeting, and it was decided your name is now Satan. God told me.

Hey your beef is with God not me.............

I am just joking about that God bit but, just wanted to prove a point of how EASY it is to make claims on Gods behalf and hide behind God when challenged on those claims.

There are people like that that exist in the word that exploit that fact................eh Satan ?

Again, you can flail around like a wild jackass and make all kinds of accusations against me.
But you know deep in the recesses of your mind, you're approaching the judgment.

Now, I'm telling you, the only WAY for sinners like us to be reconciled to God is through Christ!

The blood of Christ was sufficient to wash all the sins of his people away forever.
And "by his one offering, he has perfected forever them that are sanctified." (Hebrews 10:14)

Christ said:
"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out." (John 6:37)

And he said:
"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand."
(John 10:27-28)

If you want forgiveness of sins, then believe Jesus Christ.
If you hear his voice, then follow him.

If you will not follow him, you will perish in your sins, and you will most certainly go to Hell.

That's not a threat, it's a promise.
I'm just trying to help you.
But if you want to go to Hell, go ahead.

If you think your refusing to believe God will affect me in any way, I can assure you, you're sorely mistaken.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 10:19:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/2014 8:48:00 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 8:37:20 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/22/2014 8:16:33 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 7:23:37 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/22/2014 7:20:45 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 7:15:58 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:25:46 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I assume that most christians reject all the others claims of successful human sacrifice that have being made by humans throughout the ages, as humans tried to avoid the wrath and or curry the favor of invisible non earthly entities (Gods if you will).

So I don't suppose you a load of evidence to support that one particular human sacrifice was successful in an attempt to avoid Gods anger while the others were not ?

No, there's no "evidence", apart from the declaration of the Scriptures, but Christ was the appointed sacrifice.

God never even remotely suggested that anyone but his Son was an acceptable sacrifice for sins.

Did god suggests Jesus was an acceptable sacrifice?


God not only suggested it, he declares it all throughout the Scriptures.

Where does god say this?

Where does God say that the sacrifice was accepted?

It says that all throughout the New Testament.

For example, in Hebrews 9:12, it says:
"....with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption."

That speaks of a finished work, which accomplished it's intended purpose.
It says, "....having obtained eternal redemption."

If the sacrifice was not accepted, then redemption would not be accomplished.
Consider also Hebrews, Chapter 10:

Verses 10-14:
"....we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.
But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool.
For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified."


Clearly, the sacrifice was accepted.
Consider also Acts, Chapter 2:

Verses 22-24:
"Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know" Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it"

God raised him from the dead, signifying that the sacrifice was accepted.

And Verse 36:
"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."

Also consider Philippians 2:5-11, which says:

"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

So, God not only accepted the sacrifice, but highly exalted him, and gave him a name above every name.

Now, if that's not what you were asking for, let me know. But that's my answer, as far as "Where did God say that sacrifice was accepted?"

Well, three things:
1.The "god-inspired" OT suggests a conquering messiah, not one who would come and get nailed to a tree. (Which was rather lowly and shameful in the first century)

2. There is no claim the NT is the word of god. 2nd TImothy 3:16 refers to the OT. The NT was not even thought of when those words were written.

3. You have submitted the words of men written after the fact.

Now, where exactly did god say that sacrifice was accepted?

OK, well....

Suit yourself, Skeptic.

You've been warned, and that's that.

The blood is not on my hands, that's for sure.

Well, whatever makes you feel better.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten