Total Posts:94|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

All Of Us, By Nature, Are Slaves of the Devil

sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.
irreverent_god
Posts: 1,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 11:31:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

* an usurped dominion.

And no, there is no devil, either.
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 11:58:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 11:31:34 AM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

* an usurped dominion.

And no, there is no devil, either.

Actually, you're wrong on both counts.

There IS a devil, and you do NOT need to use "an" before "usurped."

(From: http://www.writersdigest.com... )

"Many people adhere to a belief that you use the article "a" before words that begin with consonants and "an" before words that begin with vowels. But that isn"t the rule, and it"s important to avoid this rookie mistake before turning over your manuscript to agents and editors.

The real rule is this: You use the article "a" before words that start with a consonant sound and "an" before words that start with a vowel sound. For example, He has a unique point of view on the subject and talked about it for an hour. The "u" in "unique" makes the "Y" sound"a consonant sound"therefore you use "a" as your article, while the "h" in "hour" sounds like it starts with "ow""a vowel sound."


Also:
(From: http://www.perfectediting.com... ) :

"The rule states that "a" should be used before words that
begin with consonants while "an" should be used before
words that begin with vowels. However, the usage is
determined by the pronunciation and not by the
spelling, as many people wrongly assume.

You should say, therefore, "an hour", because
hour begins with a vowel sound and "a history",
because history begins with a consonant sound.

Similarly you should say "a union" even if union begins
with a "u." That is because the pronunciation begins
with "yu", which is a consonant sound."


-

Now, granted, this may be an issue of British English vs. American, but I can assure you, the devil is neither British nor American!

All of us by nature, are slaves of the devil, and Christ has delivered his people from that bondage.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 12:02:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Fortunately the devil doesn't exist.

/thread
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 12:10:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 12:02:23 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Fortunately the devil doesn't exist.

/thread

Yes, and you believe that lie because you're a slave to the devil, who is himself "the father of lies."

Christ said:

"Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word.
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires.
He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him.
When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
(John 8:43-44)
bulproof
Posts: 25,249
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 12:17:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 12:10:54 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:02:23 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Fortunately the devil doesn't exist.

/thread

Yes, and you believe that lie because you're a slave to the devil, who is himself "the father of lies."

Christ said:

"Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word.
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires.
He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him.
When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
(John 8:43-44)

I am the devil.

You are doing my work, as I have told you to do.

Keep it up.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 12:22:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 12:10:54 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:02:23 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Fortunately the devil doesn't exist.

/thread

Yes, and you believe that lie because you're a slave to the devil, who is himself "the father of lies."

And you believe this lie because you are deluded.

GG.
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 12:32:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 12:22:41 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:10:54 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:02:23 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Fortunately the devil doesn't exist.

/thread

Yes, and you believe that lie because you're a slave to the devil, who is himself "the father of lies."

And you believe this lie because you are deluded.

GG.

Well, we'll all soon find out who's deluded and who is not.

Christ himself will reveal it all one day.

Christ said:

"For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light." (Luke 8:17)
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 12:37:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 12:17:57 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:10:54 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:02:23 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Fortunately the devil doesn't exist.

/thread

Yes, and you believe that lie because you're a slave to the devil, who is himself "the father of lies."

Christ said:

"Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word.
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires.
He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him.
When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
(John 8:43-44)

I am the devil.

You are doing my work, as I have told you to do.

Keep it up.

You most certainly are a pawn of the devil, but don't kid yourself, you're not as wise as he is.

The devil, at least, knows that God will destroy him.
But you live as if there is no God.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 12:46:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Nobody on here cares what so-called "Pastor" Don Fortner had to say. I doubt that he's a legitimate elder in the first place.

An infant has not committed any sin, and is not guilty of any sin.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 12:49:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 12:32:30 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:22:41 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:10:54 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:02:23 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Fortunately the devil doesn't exist.

/thread

Yes, and you believe that lie because you're a slave to the devil, who is himself "the father of lies."

And you believe this lie because you are deluded.

GG.

Well, we'll all soon find out who's deluded and who is not.

Christ himself will reveal it all one day.

Christ said:

"For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light." (Luke 8:17)

No he won't because Jesus is dead, even if he did exist.
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 1:22:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 12:49:56 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:32:30 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:22:41 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:10:54 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:02:23 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Fortunately the devil doesn't exist.

/thread

Yes, and you believe that lie because you're a slave to the devil, who is himself "the father of lies."

And you believe this lie because you are deluded.

GG.

Well, we'll all soon find out who's deluded and who is not.

Christ himself will reveal it all one day.

Christ said:

"For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light." (Luke 8:17)

No he won't because Jesus is dead, even if he did exist.

No, he rose from the dead, and he's sitting on his throne in Heaven right now as we speak.

And God commands you to repent, because He has appointed a day on which Christ will judge the whole world for its sins. (Acts 17:30-31)
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 1:24:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 1:22:09 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:49:56 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:32:30 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:22:41 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:10:54 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:02:23 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Fortunately the devil doesn't exist.

/thread

Yes, and you believe that lie because you're a slave to the devil, who is himself "the father of lies."

And you believe this lie because you are deluded.

GG.

Well, we'll all soon find out who's deluded and who is not.

Christ himself will reveal it all one day.

Christ said:

"For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light." (Luke 8:17)

No he won't because Jesus is dead, even if he did exist.

No, he rose from the dead, and he's sitting on his throne in Heaven right now as we speak.


So you falsely believe.

And God commands you to repent, because He has appointed a day on which Christ will judge the whole world for its sins. (Acts 17:30-31)

And Father Christmas commands children to not annoy their parent, lest Rudolf doesn't come and give them their presents.

Fables are fables my friend.
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 1:24:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 12:46:53 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Nobody on here cares what so-called "Pastor" Don Fortner had to say. I doubt that he's a legitimate elder in the first place.

An infant has not committed any sin, and is not guilty of any sin.

So says the woman who appoints herself as a Bible teacher over men, and who denies that she's a sinner by nature.

Your credentials as a "legitimate" anything are in doubt, especially your claim to be a Christian.
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 1:32:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 1:24:05 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:22:09 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:49:56 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:32:30 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:22:41 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:10:54 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:02:23 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Fortunately the devil doesn't exist.

/thread

Yes, and you believe that lie because you're a slave to the devil, who is himself "the father of lies."

And you believe this lie because you are deluded.

GG.

Well, we'll all soon find out who's deluded and who is not.

Christ himself will reveal it all one day.

Christ said:

"For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light." (Luke 8:17)

No he won't because Jesus is dead, even if he did exist.

No, he rose from the dead, and he's sitting on his throne in Heaven right now as we speak.


So you falsely believe.

And God commands you to repent, because He has appointed a day on which Christ will judge the whole world for its sins. (Acts 17:30-31)

And Father Christmas commands children to not annoy their parent, lest Rudolf doesn't come and give them their presents.

Fables are fables my friend.

Again, you are the one who has believed in a fable.
You've bought the devil's lie, hook, line, and sinker.

The devil says "Jump" and you jump.
He says, "Deny God" and you deny God.
You're a puppet, and you don't even realize it.

"But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them
.
For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus" sake. For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

(2 Corinthians 4:3-6)
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 1:50:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 1:24:25 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:46:53 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Nobody on here cares what so-called "Pastor" Don Fortner had to say. I doubt that he's a legitimate elder in the first place.

An infant has not committed any sin, and is not guilty of any sin.

So says the woman who appoints herself as a Bible teacher over men, and who denies that she's a sinner by nature.

Your credentials as a "legitimate" anything are in doubt, especially your claim to be a Christian.

I thought it said that the women were to remain silent in churches. We aren't in a church here. And what would you propose that anyone do, male or female, when some fool comes along spouting ... NOT that one is a sinner by NATURE (for no one disagrees with that), but that one is a sinner by BIRTH.

That's what you teach. Why don't you tell us: are men sinners by (1) nature or (2) birth. Which is it?

"by nature the children of wrath, even as others" (Eph 2: 3)

Nature = physis = "a mode of feeling and acting which by long habit has become nature"
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 1:51:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 1:32:56 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:24:05 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:22:09 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:49:56 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:32:30 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:22:41 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:10:54 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:02:23 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Fortunately the devil doesn't exist.

/thread

Yes, and you believe that lie because you're a slave to the devil, who is himself "the father of lies."

And you believe this lie because you are deluded.

GG.

Well, we'll all soon find out who's deluded and who is not.

Christ himself will reveal it all one day.

Christ said:

"For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light." (Luke 8:17)

No he won't because Jesus is dead, even if he did exist.

No, he rose from the dead, and he's sitting on his throne in Heaven right now as we speak.


So you falsely believe.

And God commands you to repent, because He has appointed a day on which Christ will judge the whole world for its sins. (Acts 17:30-31)

And Father Christmas commands children to not annoy their parent, lest Rudolf doesn't come and give them their presents.

Fables are fables my friend.

Again, you are the one who has believed in a fable.
You've bought the devil's lie, hook, line, and sinker.

The devil says "Jump" and you jump.
He says, "Deny God" and you deny God.
You're a puppet, and you don't even realize it.

Yes, you are a puppet, controlled by your cocoon of self-fulfilment and self-reenforcing false beliefs.

I don't have to appeal to some magic devil to explain why you are deluded, yet you do. You have to continually provide ad hoc reasons to support even basic claims such as why I am saying your beliefs are false.

I am sorry. But saying I am deluded in thinking Santa doesn't exist because he less said I would say such is just plain asinine, just like your entire worldview.

When you are capable of thinking outside your little box of imagination land, then we can actually talk logically.
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 1:58:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 1:51:29 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:32:56 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:24:05 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:22:09 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:49:56 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:32:30 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:22:41 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:10:54 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:02:23 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Fortunately the devil doesn't exist.

/thread

Yes, and you believe that lie because you're a slave to the devil, who is himself "the father of lies."

And you believe this lie because you are deluded.

GG.

Well, we'll all soon find out who's deluded and who is not.

Christ himself will reveal it all one day.

Christ said:

"For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light." (Luke 8:17)

No he won't because Jesus is dead, even if he did exist.

No, he rose from the dead, and he's sitting on his throne in Heaven right now as we speak.


So you falsely believe.

And God commands you to repent, because He has appointed a day on which Christ will judge the whole world for its sins. (Acts 17:30-31)

And Father Christmas commands children to not annoy their parent, lest Rudolf doesn't come and give them their presents.

Fables are fables my friend.

Again, you are the one who has believed in a fable.
You've bought the devil's lie, hook, line, and sinker.

The devil says "Jump" and you jump.
He says, "Deny God" and you deny God.
You're a puppet, and you don't even realize it.

Yes, you are a puppet, controlled by your cocoon of self-fulfilment and self-reenforcing false beliefs.

I don't have to appeal to some magic devil to explain why you are deluded, yet you do. You have to continually provide ad hoc reasons to support even basic claims such as why I am saying your beliefs are false.

I am sorry. But saying I am deluded in thinking Santa doesn't exist because he less said I would say such is just plain asinine, just like your entire worldview.

When you are capable of thinking outside your little box of imagination land, then we can actually talk logically.

And if God is ever pleased to give you his Holy Spirit, then we can talk spiritually.

"But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:14)
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 2:06:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 1:58:51 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:51:29 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:32:56 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:24:05 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:22:09 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:49:56 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:32:30 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:22:41 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:10:54 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:02:23 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Fortunately the devil doesn't exist.

/thread

Yes, and you believe that lie because you're a slave to the devil, who is himself "the father of lies."

And you believe this lie because you are deluded.

GG.

Well, we'll all soon find out who's deluded and who is not.

Christ himself will reveal it all one day.

Christ said:

"For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light." (Luke 8:17)

No he won't because Jesus is dead, even if he did exist.

No, he rose from the dead, and he's sitting on his throne in Heaven right now as we speak.


So you falsely believe.

And God commands you to repent, because He has appointed a day on which Christ will judge the whole world for its sins. (Acts 17:30-31)

And Father Christmas commands children to not annoy their parent, lest Rudolf doesn't come and give them their presents.

Fables are fables my friend.

Again, you are the one who has believed in a fable.
You've bought the devil's lie, hook, line, and sinker.

The devil says "Jump" and you jump.
He says, "Deny God" and you deny God.
You're a puppet, and you don't even realize it.

Yes, you are a puppet, controlled by your cocoon of self-fulfilment and self-reenforcing false beliefs.

I don't have to appeal to some magic devil to explain why you are deluded, yet you do. You have to continually provide ad hoc reasons to support even basic claims such as why I am saying your beliefs are false.

I am sorry. But saying I am deluded in thinking Santa doesn't exist because he less said I would say such is just plain asinine, just like your entire worldview.

When you are capable of thinking outside your little box of imagination land, then we can actually talk logically.

And if God is ever pleased to give you his Holy Spirit, then we can talk spiritually.

"But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:14)

Spiritually =/= rationally. And I rather not talk gibberish.
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 2:25:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 1:50:10 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:24:25 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:46:53 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Nobody on here cares what so-called "Pastor" Don Fortner had to say. I doubt that he's a legitimate elder in the first place.

An infant has not committed any sin, and is not guilty of any sin.

So says the woman who appoints herself as a Bible teacher over men, and who denies that she's a sinner by nature.

Your credentials as a "legitimate" anything are in doubt, especially your claim to be a Christian.

I thought it said that the women were to remain silent in churches. We aren't in a church here. And what would you propose that anyone do, male or female, when some fool comes along spouting ... NOT that one is a sinner by NATURE (for no one disagrees with that), but that one is a sinner by BIRTH.

That's what you teach. Why don't you tell us: are men sinners by (1) nature or (2) birth. Which is it?

"by nature the children of wrath, even as others" (Eph 2: 3)

Nature = physis = "a mode of feeling and acting which by long habit has become nature"

Alright.
If you think you can act unruly outside of the church, then that's between you and God.

And once again, I can spot a trap from a mile away.
As usual, you're trying to twist my words.

I never said that anyone was a sinner "BY" birth.
I said we're all sinners "FROM" birth.

To say that we're sinners "BY" birth is to imply that simply being born is what makes us sinners.

I'm saying that we're sinners BY NATURE, AND sinners FROM BIRTH.
We INHERITED that NATURE from our FOREFATHER ADAM.

We SIN BECAUSE we're sinners by NATURE, and we MANIFEST the FRUIT of that from the time we are BORN.

Our NATURE PRECEDES and DETERMINES our ACTIONS.
But you seem to think that our ACTIONS DETERMINE our NATURE!

Now, I don't know where you got that ridiculous definition of the Greek word "phusis", but it most certainly is not Biblical.

The word "phusis" just means "native disposition".
It's not as nuanced as you seem to think.

And even if you were right about that verse, which you're not, then tell me, what do you do with a verse like this? :

"The wicked are estranged from the womb;
They go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies."
(Psalm 58:3)
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 2:29:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 2:25:19 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:50:10 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:24:25 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:46:53 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Nobody on here cares what so-called "Pastor" Don Fortner had to say. I doubt that he's a legitimate elder in the first place.

An infant has not committed any sin, and is not guilty of any sin.

So says the woman who appoints herself as a Bible teacher over men, and who denies that she's a sinner by nature.

Your credentials as a "legitimate" anything are in doubt, especially your claim to be a Christian.

I thought it said that the women were to remain silent in churches. We aren't in a church here. And what would you propose that anyone do, male or female, when some fool comes along spouting ... NOT that one is a sinner by NATURE (for no one disagrees with that), but that one is a sinner by BIRTH.

That's what you teach. Why don't you tell us: are men sinners by (1) nature or (2) birth. Which is it?

"by nature the children of wrath, even as others" (Eph 2: 3)

Nature = physis = "a mode of feeling and acting which by long habit has become nature"

Alright.
If you think you can act unruly outside of the church, then that's between you and God.

And once again, I can spot a trap from a mile away.
As usual, you're trying to twist my words.

I never said that anyone was a sinner "BY" birth.
I said we're all sinners "FROM" birth.

To say that we're sinners "BY" birth is to imply that simply being born is what makes us sinners.

I'm saying that we're sinners BY NATURE, AND sinners FROM BIRTH.
We INHERITED that NATURE from our FOREFATHER ADAM.

We SIN BECAUSE we're sinners by NATURE, and we MANIFEST the FRUIT of that from the time we are BORN.

Our NATURE PRECEDES and DETERMINES our ACTIONS.
But you seem to think that our ACTIONS DETERMINE our NATURE!

Now, I don't know where you got that ridiculous definition of the Greek word "phusis", but it most certainly is not Biblical.


Why, I got it straight from Thayer's Greek Lexicon, the standard Greek lexicon in use today. Liddell and Scott say the same thing.

But you seem to think that our ACTIONS DETERMINE our NATURE!

Is a person who smokes three packs of cigarettes a day "by nature a smoker". Does his long-time habit determine his nature?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 2:46:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 2:29:28 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/22/2014 2:25:19 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:50:10 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:24:25 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:46:53 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Nobody on here cares what so-called "Pastor" Don Fortner had to say. I doubt that he's a legitimate elder in the first place.

An infant has not committed any sin, and is not guilty of any sin.

So says the woman who appoints herself as a Bible teacher over men, and who denies that she's a sinner by nature.

Your credentials as a "legitimate" anything are in doubt, especially your claim to be a Christian.

I thought it said that the women were to remain silent in churches. We aren't in a church here. And what would you propose that anyone do, male or female, when some fool comes along spouting ... NOT that one is a sinner by NATURE (for no one disagrees with that), but that one is a sinner by BIRTH.

That's what you teach. Why don't you tell us: are men sinners by (1) nature or (2) birth. Which is it?

"by nature the children of wrath, even as others" (Eph 2: 3)

Nature = physis = "a mode of feeling and acting which by long habit has become nature"

Alright.
If you think you can act unruly outside of the church, then that's between you and God.

And once again, I can spot a trap from a mile away.
As usual, you're trying to twist my words.

I never said that anyone was a sinner "BY" birth.
I said we're all sinners "FROM" birth.

To say that we're sinners "BY" birth is to imply that simply being born is what makes us sinners.

I'm saying that we're sinners BY NATURE, AND sinners FROM BIRTH.
We INHERITED that NATURE from our FOREFATHER ADAM.

We SIN BECAUSE we're sinners by NATURE, and we MANIFEST the FRUIT of that from the time we are BORN.

Our NATURE PRECEDES and DETERMINES our ACTIONS.
But you seem to think that our ACTIONS DETERMINE our NATURE!

Now, I don't know where you got that ridiculous definition of the Greek word "phusis", but it most certainly is not Biblical.


Why, I got it straight from Thayer's Greek Lexicon, the standard Greek lexicon in use today. Liddell and Scott say the same thing.

But you seem to think that our ACTIONS DETERMINE our NATURE!

Is a person who smokes three packs of cigarettes a day "by nature a smoker". Does his long-time habit determine his nature?

Well, I'm waiting for your explanation of Psalm 58:3, but in the meantime, let me address your red-herring.

You know very well that you're using linguistic sleight-of-hand.
I never said that we're SMOKERS BY NATURE.

I said we're SINNERS BY NATURE.
So either deal with THAT premise, or admit that you're wrong and bow out.

Secondly,
You conveniently left out much of what Thayer's says.
It defines "phusis" in the following way:

"nature
the nature of things, the force, laws, order of nature
as opposed to what is monstrous, abnormal, perverse
as opposed what has been produced by the art of man: the natural branches, i.e. branches by the operation of nature
birth, physical origin
a mode of feeling and acting which by long habit has become nature
the sum of innate properties and powers by which one person differs from others, distinctive native peculiarities, natural characteristics: the natural strength, ferocity, and intractability of beasts"


Now, I'll leave it to you to figure out why you intentionally omitted that, and how it proves that your credibility is shot.
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 2:57:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 12:46:53 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Nobody on here cares what so-called "Pastor" Don Fortner had to say. I doubt that he's a legitimate elder in the first place.

An infant has not committed any sin, and is not guilty of any sin.

If his name is Don Fortner, then he is indeed a pastor. Google that name.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 2:59:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 2:46:09 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 2:29:28 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/22/2014 2:25:19 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:50:10 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/22/2014 1:24:25 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:46:53 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Nobody on here cares what so-called "Pastor" Don Fortner had to say. I doubt that he's a legitimate elder in the first place.

An infant has not committed any sin, and is not guilty of any sin.

So says the woman who appoints herself as a Bible teacher over men, and who denies that she's a sinner by nature.

Your credentials as a "legitimate" anything are in doubt, especially your claim to be a Christian.

I thought it said that the women were to remain silent in churches. We aren't in a church here. And what would you propose that anyone do, male or female, when some fool comes along spouting ... NOT that one is a sinner by NATURE (for no one disagrees with that), but that one is a sinner by BIRTH.

That's what you teach. Why don't you tell us: are men sinners by (1) nature or (2) birth. Which is it?

"by nature the children of wrath, even as others" (Eph 2: 3)

Nature = physis = "a mode of feeling and acting which by long habit has become nature"

Alright.
If you think you can act unruly outside of the church, then that's between you and God.

And once again, I can spot a trap from a mile away.
As usual, you're trying to twist my words.

I never said that anyone was a sinner "BY" birth.
I said we're all sinners "FROM" birth.

To say that we're sinners "BY" birth is to imply that simply being born is what makes us sinners.

I'm saying that we're sinners BY NATURE, AND sinners FROM BIRTH.
We INHERITED that NATURE from our FOREFATHER ADAM.

We SIN BECAUSE we're sinners by NATURE, and we MANIFEST the FRUIT of that from the time we are BORN.

Our NATURE PRECEDES and DETERMINES our ACTIONS.
But you seem to think that our ACTIONS DETERMINE our NATURE!

Now, I don't know where you got that ridiculous definition of the Greek word "phusis", but it most certainly is not Biblical.


Why, I got it straight from Thayer's Greek Lexicon, the standard Greek lexicon in use today. Liddell and Scott say the same thing.

But you seem to think that our ACTIONS DETERMINE our NATURE!

Is a person who smokes three packs of cigarettes a day "by nature a smoker". Does his long-time habit determine his nature?

Well, I'm waiting for your explanation of Psalm 58:3, but in the meantime, let me address your red-herring.

Explanation? It's extremely hyperbolic, poetic language. Do you believe it, LITERALLY?

"The wicked are estranged from the womb: They go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies."

Come on now. Tell us. You cited an hyperbole as proof of something. Name for us ONE PERSON who went astray as soon as he or she was born by telling a lie. I'll make it even easier: name a person who "went astray" as soon as he or she was born by telling a tie within the first three months of life.

Can't do it? Won't do it? I wonder why! Poor little thing, all you can do is quote gross exaggerations in the middle of highly poetic language. Remember, "for all have sinned" - and to you, that includes infants! LOL

You know very well that you're using linguistic sleight-of-hand.
I never said that we're SMOKERS BY NATURE.

I said we're SINNERS BY NATURE.
So either deal with THAT premise, or admit that you're wrong and bow out.

Same difference. You claim a person commits his first sin because he is a sinner, the same way a person smokes his first cigarette because he is a smoker. See how stupid that sounds? A rapist commits his first rape because, according to you, he was already a rapist! No, a person first sins because he transgresses God's law for the first time.

Secondly,
You conveniently left out much of what Thayer's says.
It defines "phusis" in the following way:

"nature
the nature of things, the force, laws, order of nature
as opposed to what is monstrous, abnormal, perverse
as opposed what has been produced by the art of man: the natural branches, i.e. branches by the operation of nature
birth, physical origin
a mode of feeling and acting which by long habit has become nature
the sum of innate properties and powers by which one person differs from others, distinctive native peculiarities, natural characteristics: the natural strength, ferocity, and intractability of beasts"


Now, I'll leave it to you to figure out why you intentionally omitted that, and how it proves that your credibility is shot.

I left it out because I simply reproduced the correct meaning in that passage.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 3:00:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 2:57:07 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:46:53 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Nobody on here cares what so-called "Pastor" Don Fortner had to say. I doubt that he's a legitimate elder in the first place.

An infant has not committed any sin, and is not guilty of any sin.

If his name is Don Fortner, then he is indeed a pastor. Google that name.

A "pastor" is an "elder" .. a "bishop" ... an "overseer" - not a professional "preacher". A preacher might serve as a pastor, and a pastor might serve as a preacher, but usually there is no overlap. Most preachers are not pastors. Most pastors are not preachers.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 3:07:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 3:00:43 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/22/2014 2:57:07 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:46:53 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Nobody on here cares what so-called "Pastor" Don Fortner had to say. I doubt that he's a legitimate elder in the first place.

An infant has not committed any sin, and is not guilty of any sin.

If his name is Don Fortner, then he is indeed a pastor. Google that name.

A "pastor" is an "elder" .. a "bishop" ... an "overseer" - not a professional "preacher". A preacher might serve as a pastor, and a pastor might serve as a preacher, but usually there is no overlap. Most preachers are not pastors. Most pastors are not preachers.

He sounds like he leads a Megachurch or something.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
irreverent_god
Posts: 1,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 3:13:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 11:58:13 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:31:34 AM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

* an usurped dominion.

And no, there is no devil, either.

Actually, you're wrong on both counts.

There IS a devil, and you do NOT need to use "an" before "usurped."

(From: http://www.writersdigest.com... )

"Many people adhere to a belief that you use the article "a" before words that begin with consonants and "an" before words that begin with vowels. But that isn"t the rule, and it"s important to avoid this rookie mistake before turning over your manuscript to agents and editors.

The real rule is this: You use the article "a" before words that start with a consonant sound and "an" before words that start with a vowel sound. For example, He has a unique point of view on the subject and talked about it for an hour. The "u" in "unique" makes the "Y" sound"a consonant sound"therefore you use "a" as your article, while the "h" in "hour" sounds like it starts with "ow""a vowel sound."


Also:
(From: http://www.perfectediting.com... ) :

"The rule states that "a" should be used before words that
begin with consonants while "an" should be used before
words that begin with vowels. However, the usage is
determined by the pronunciation and not by the
spelling, as many people wrongly assume.

You should say, therefore, "an hour", because
hour begins with a vowel sound and "a history",
because history begins with a consonant sound.

Similarly you should say "a union" even if union begins
with a "u." That is because the pronunciation begins
with "yu", which is a consonant sound."


-

Now, granted, this may be an issue of British English vs. American, but I can assure you, the devil is neither British nor American!

No, you are absolutely correct, with respect to either British or American. I stand corrected, and I thank you for the correction. The difference appears to be exactly as you described (pronunciation), in direct contradiction to what I was originally taught. While there does appear to be some dissent, the vast majority of sources trusted on this appear to agree with what you posted. I recant the tongue-in-cheek part. I will not recant on the reference to the devil, however.

All of us by nature, are slaves of the devil, and Christ has delivered his people from that bondage.

Since the grammatical usage is empirical, and subject to accepted rules of English writing, this is an easily provable fact. The devil, however, is every bit as fabricated as the gawd he is supposed to oppose. The ONLY place you will ever find any "devil" is in direct correlation to "spiritual" tales.

Your "...on both counts" is inaccurate. Since you have no way of proving the existence of any devil, this makes it a matter of opinion. Since it is opinion, I am of the opinion that the devil is every bit as fabricated as the gawd he is said to oppose. Before you even try, I am sorry, but your bible does not qualify as "evidence," let alone "proof."
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
irreverent_god
Posts: 1,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 4:14:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 11:58:13 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:31:34 AM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

* an usurped dominion.

And no, there is no devil, either.

Actually, you're wrong on both counts.

There IS a devil, and you do NOT need to use "an" before "usurped."

(From: http://www.writersdigest.com... )

"Many people adhere to a belief that you use the article "a" before words that begin with consonants and "an" before words that begin with vowels. But that isn"t the rule, and it"s important to avoid this rookie mistake before turning over your manuscript to agents and editors.

The real rule is this: You use the article "a" before words that start with a consonant sound and "an" before words that start with a vowel sound. For example, He has a unique point of view on the subject and talked about it for an hour. The "u" in "unique" makes the "Y" sound"a consonant sound"therefore you use "a" as your article, while the "h" in "hour" sounds like it starts with "ow""a vowel sound."


Also:
(From: http://www.perfectediting.com... ) :

"The rule states that "a" should be used before words that
begin with consonants while "an" should be used before
words that begin with vowels. However, the usage is
determined by the pronunciation and not by the
spelling, as many people wrongly assume.

You should say, therefore, "an hour", because
hour begins with a vowel sound and "a history",
because history begins with a consonant sound.

Similarly you should say "a union" even if union begins
with a "u." That is because the pronunciation begins
with "yu", which is a consonant sound."


-

Now, granted, this may be an issue of British English vs. American, but I can assure you, the devil is neither British nor American!

All of us by nature, are slaves of the devil, and Christ has delivered his people from that bondage.

I believe you were just told to "keep silent..."

SGR: Are you saying that anna is practicing a false religion? Is her flavor christianity somehow less valid than yours?
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 4:24:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 4:14:41 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:58:13 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:31:34 AM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

* an usurped dominion.

And no, there is no devil, either.

Actually, you're wrong on both counts.

There IS a devil, and you do NOT need to use "an" before "usurped."

(From: http://www.writersdigest.com... )

"Many people adhere to a belief that you use the article "a" before words that begin with consonants and "an" before words that begin with vowels. But that isn"t the rule, and it"s important to avoid this rookie mistake before turning over your manuscript to agents and editors.

The real rule is this: You use the article "a" before words that start with a consonant sound and "an" before words that start with a vowel sound. For example, He has a unique point of view on the subject and talked about it for an hour. The "u" in "unique" makes the "Y" sound"a consonant sound"therefore you use "a" as your article, while the "h" in "hour" sounds like it starts with "ow""a vowel sound."


Also:
(From: http://www.perfectediting.com... ) :

"The rule states that "a" should be used before words that
begin with consonants while "an" should be used before
words that begin with vowels. However, the usage is
determined by the pronunciation and not by the
spelling, as many people wrongly assume.

You should say, therefore, "an hour", because
hour begins with a vowel sound and "a history",
because history begins with a consonant sound.

Similarly you should say "a union" even if union begins
with a "u." That is because the pronunciation begins
with "yu", which is a consonant sound."


-

Now, granted, this may be an issue of British English vs. American, but I can assure you, the devil is neither British nor American!

All of us by nature, are slaves of the devil, and Christ has delivered his people from that bondage.

I believe you were just told to "keep silent..."

Huh?


SGR: Are you saying that anna is practicing a false religion? Is her flavor christianity somehow less valid than yours?

Yes. Absolutely.

Anna is lost and confused, and she does not know Christ, and on top of that, she's a false prophet.

She is a Campbellite heretic, who denies she's a born sinner, and denies that faith is a supernatural gift.

And I could go on and on. In fact, the more I read her posts, the more surprised I am by her ignorance.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 4:53:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 3:07:55 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/22/2014 3:00:43 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/22/2014 2:57:07 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/22/2014 12:46:53 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
But Christ has delivered his people from the power of Satan, into the "liberty of the children of God"!

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."
-- Romans 8:21


"By nature the devil holds a usurped dominion over all men, blinding them, binding them, deceiving them, and taking them captive at his will to do his bidding.
In salvation the Spirit of God dethrones Satan. He enters the hearts of God's elect, binds the strong man, and takes his house. He turns men and women from the power of Satan to God. He translates us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of God's dear Son. Thus, the believer is no longer a slave to Satan to do his works and lusts. We are not yet freed from the temptations of the devil, or his roars; but we shall never be devoured by him!"
-- Pastor Don Fortner

Amen.

Nobody on here cares what so-called "Pastor" Don Fortner had to say. I doubt that he's a legitimate elder in the first place.

An infant has not committed any sin, and is not guilty of any sin.

If his name is Don Fortner, then he is indeed a pastor. Google that name.

A "pastor" is an "elder" .. a "bishop" ... an "overseer" - not a professional "preacher". A preacher might serve as a pastor, and a pastor might serve as a preacher, but usually there is no overlap. Most preachers are not pastors. Most pastors are not preachers.

He sounds like he leads a Megachurch or something.

Well, if he is a "pastor" .. an "elder" ... a "bishop", then he is one of plurality within the same congregation - unless he claims to be a one-man pope.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."