Jump to topic:

Why Jesus would rebuke "pro-life" supporters

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 5:33:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why do i believe anti-abortion supporters are wrong? After a while of thinking on it, "pro-life" supporters do not really support life, just "pro-birth." The Bible typically supports the sanctity of all life as Christians. Death and life are decided by God. We can get so caught up in supporting the birth of babies, but what about their lives? What about their survival? Are we going to pay for them? Are we going to support the mothers and their families? Jesus rebuked the pharisees for their hypocrisy, for emphasizing the little things in the law but neglecting the even greater things that are the most important. That's something that we should all consider.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 7:01:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/22/2014 5:33:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Why do i believe anti-abortion supporters are wrong? After a while of thinking on it, "pro-life" supporters do not really support life, just "pro-birth." The Bible typically supports the sanctity of all life as Christians. Death and life are decided by God. We can get so caught up in supporting the birth of babies, but what about their lives? What about their survival? Are we going to pay for them? Are we going to support the mothers and their families? Jesus rebuked the pharisees for their hypocrisy, for emphasizing the little things in the law but neglecting the even greater things that are the most important. That's something that we should all consider.

For once, truth_seeker, I at least partially agree with you. George Carlin commented upon the tendency to condemn abortion while supporting war by saying, "Conservatives want live babies so they can turn them into dead soldiers". Christians seem to have a very strong interest in getting babies out of the womb but don't seem to care very much what happens to them after that - as long as they're "saved" in God's system of brutal extortion. To again quote Carlin, "If you're pre-born your fine, if you're pre-school you're f.... (I'll used the word "screwed").

Only when people come to accept the reality that life is a chemical process and that the living have complete rights to their own lives, will any rationality be applied to the abortion issue. An unborn baby is much like a tumor; it is unable to live without the host, and has grown within the host's body. It should be up to the host what happens from there.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire