Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

What Does It Take For God To Save A Sinner?

sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 2:10:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I DARE you to listen to this.

If you never hear another sermon, I dare you to listen to this sermon all the way through.

"What Does It Take For God To Save A Sinner?" by Don Fortner

Here's the link: http://www.sermonaudio.com...

It's available in both audio and video.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 2:21:02 AM
At 8/23/2014 2:10:52 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

If you never hear another sermon, I dare you to listen to this sermon all the way through.

God doesn't want to save sinners, everything that happens is god's will so if god wanted to save sinners they would be saved.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 2:35:03 AM

What happens when God "saves a sinner"? Do they stop sinning? No, right? So what is the point?

The result (assuming any degree of veracity to this rather intriguing yet, absurd little story), is that instead of having a Heaven full of people who do not sin - leading to absolute paradisaical Nirvana, it means that any sinner - no matter what their character - can then enter into Heaven. And given that Christians (at least in U.S. Society), tend not to be the most socially harmonious members of society, this lends to a Heaven which is more concentrated with the absolute worst characters to be found anywhere within mankind.

Murders get in. Pedophiles get in. Politicians and other liars get it. In fact, as long as you're willing to sell your rationality and moral character to save your hide, the only ones who can't get in are those who committed the absolute worst and only unforgivable sin - blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.

So you can kill, rape, slaughter, cheat, steal, fornicate till your genitals die and drop from your body, hate, lie, embezzle, drink and drive, hire prostitutes, be a prostitute, and still be accepted into Heaven. But if you produce an utterance - a simple sound - constituting a collection of words conveying a message against the Holy Ghost, then your eternal fate is forever sealed.

I'm sorry, but that's a pretty silly little club. I think I'll pass. It sounds like the very best, brightest and most ethical people will be the ones not allowed in.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 3:49:56 AM
At 8/23/2014 2:35:03 AM, Beastt wrote:

What happens when God "saves a sinner"? Do they stop sinning? No, right? So what is the point?

The result (assuming any degree of veracity to this rather intriguing yet, absurd little story), is that instead of having a Heaven full of people who do not sin - leading to absolute paradisaical Nirvana, it means that any sinner - no matter what their character - can then enter into Heaven. And given that Christians (at least in U.S. Society), tend not to be the most socially harmonious members of society, this lends to a Heaven which is more concentrated with the absolute worst characters to be found anywhere within mankind.

Murders get in. Pedophiles get in. Politicians and other liars get it. In fact, as long as you're willing to sell your rationality and moral character to save your hide, the only ones who can't get in are those who committed the absolute worst and only unforgivable sin - blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.

So you can kill, rape, slaughter, cheat, steal, fornicate till your genitals die and drop from your body, hate, lie, embezzle, drink and drive, hire prostitutes, be a prostitute, and still be accepted into Heaven. But if you produce an utterance - a simple sound - constituting a collection of words conveying a message against the Holy Ghost, then your eternal fate is forever sealed.

I'm sorry, but that's a pretty silly little club. I think I'll pass. It sounds like the very best, brightest and most ethical people will be the ones not allowed in.

Grace and Forgiveness ... no worries, another made up straw man diatribe is supposed to suffice for our theology ... while this dude complains about people telling atheists what atheism is .. er, even as they actually quote atheists saying those thing.

Carry on Beasty, your creative writing is ... well, ignorant. Please continue to make a fool out of yourself where anyone familiar with even basic Christian theology can see that your spinning a yarn for brackish intent. Beyond reason.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 4:26:23 AM
At 8/23/2014 3:49:56 AM, neutral wrote:
At 8/23/2014 2:35:03 AM, Beastt wrote:

Grace and Forgiveness ... no worries, another made up straw man diatribe is supposed to suffice for our theology ... while this dude complains about people telling atheists what atheism is .. er, even as they actually quote atheists saying those thing.

Carry on Beasty, your creative writing is ... well, ignorant. Please continue to make a fool out of yourself where anyone familiar with even basic Christian theology can see that your spinning a yarn for brackish intent. Beyond reason.

As usual, a carbon-copy string of insults, and not a single salient, valid or specific point.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 4:39:49 AM

We already know the answer, if you are mixed up in it. Here's the program:

"What must I do to be saved?"

Answer: "Nothing. Not a thing. Just go out and sit on a stump and wait. If God wants to save you, He will. If He doesn't want to save you, He won't. And God is no respecter of persons."

There. I answered that, and saved everyone from watching a video.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."