Total Posts:231|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why did God create the devil?

ohj0shua
Posts: 36
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 3:19:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why did God create the devil / allow him to exist. If he is all powerful why doesn't he just get rid of the devil?

Another question which is kind of relevant to the first is why do we even have life on earth? what is the point of us passing a test which God made? He makes rules which are impossible not to break then "saves us" by sacrificing his own son (and why did he even have to do this? if he is all powerful he could have just saved us he didn't need to send down his son and let him die for our "sins")

ok that is enough questions for me topic.

Enlighten me :)
dee-em
Posts: 6,444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 7:41:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 3:19:06 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
Why did God create the devil / allow him to exist. If he is all powerful why doesn't he just get rid of the devil?

Another question which is kind of relevant to the first is why do we even have life on earth? what is the point of us passing a test which God made? He makes rules which are impossible not to break then "saves us" by sacrificing his own son (and why did he even have to do this? if he is all powerful he could have just saved us he didn't need to send down his son and let him die for our "sins")

ok that is enough questions for me topic.

Enlighten me :)

Good questions. (I raised the purpose of Earthly existence myself recently and never received a satisfactory answer).
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 7:49:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 3:19:06 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
Why did God create the devil / allow him to exist. If he is all powerful why doesn't he just get rid of the devil?

Another question which is kind of relevant to the first is why do we even have life on earth? what is the point of us passing a test which God made? He makes rules which are impossible not to break then "saves us" by sacrificing his own son (and why did he even have to do this? if he is all powerful he could have just saved us he didn't need to send down his son and let him die for our "sins")

ok that is enough questions for me topic.

Enlighten me :)

I'ma admit this right now: God did not create the Devil
dee-em
Posts: 6,444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 7:57:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 7:49:06 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 3:19:06 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
Why did God create the devil / allow him to exist. If he is all powerful why doesn't he just get rid of the devil?

Another question which is kind of relevant to the first is why do we even have life on earth? what is the point of us passing a test which God made? He makes rules which are impossible not to break then "saves us" by sacrificing his own son (and why did he even have to do this? if he is all powerful he could have just saved us he didn't need to send down his son and let him die for our "sins")

ok that is enough questions for me topic.

Enlighten me :)

I'ma admit this right now: God did not create the Devil

Do you mean there is no devil or the devil has an independent existence to god?
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 7:58:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 7:57:58 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 7:49:06 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 3:19:06 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
Why did God create the devil / allow him to exist. If he is all powerful why doesn't he just get rid of the devil?

Another question which is kind of relevant to the first is why do we even have life on earth? what is the point of us passing a test which God made? He makes rules which are impossible not to break then "saves us" by sacrificing his own son (and why did he even have to do this? if he is all powerful he could have just saved us he didn't need to send down his son and let him die for our "sins")

ok that is enough questions for me topic.

Enlighten me :)

I'ma admit this right now: God did not create the Devil

Do you mean there is no devil or the devil has an independent existence to god?

Independent existence
dee-em
Posts: 6,444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:05:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 7:58:40 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 7:57:58 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 7:49:06 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 3:19:06 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
Why did God create the devil / allow him to exist. If he is all powerful why doesn't he just get rid of the devil?

Another question which is kind of relevant to the first is why do we even have life on earth? what is the point of us passing a test which God made? He makes rules which are impossible not to break then "saves us" by sacrificing his own son (and why did he even have to do this? if he is all powerful he could have just saved us he didn't need to send down his son and let him die for our "sins")

ok that is enough questions for me topic.

Enlighten me :)

I'ma admit this right now: God did not create the Devil

Do you mean there is no devil or the devil has an independent existence to god?

Independent existence

Well, that opens up a can of worms. Now there are two immaterial beings. They're multiplying. How many more?

It doesn't address the second part of the question though. How can an omnipotent god not be able to defeat the devil? Is the devil omnipotent too?
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:08:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 8:05:17 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 7:58:40 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 7:57:58 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 7:49:06 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 3:19:06 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
Why did God create the devil / allow him to exist. If he is all powerful why doesn't he just get rid of the devil?

Another question which is kind of relevant to the first is why do we even have life on earth? what is the point of us passing a test which God made? He makes rules which are impossible not to break then "saves us" by sacrificing his own son (and why did he even have to do this? if he is all powerful he could have just saved us he didn't need to send down his son and let him die for our "sins")

ok that is enough questions for me topic.

Enlighten me :)

I'ma admit this right now: God did not create the Devil

Do you mean there is no devil or the devil has an independent existence to god?

Independent existence

Well, that opens up a can of worms. Now there are two immaterial beings. They're multiplying. How many more?

It doesn't address the second part of the question though. How can an omnipotent god not be able to defeat the devil? Is the devil omnipotent too?

There's a difference between being able to defeat him and wanting to defeat him at the moment.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:12:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 8:08:03 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:05:17 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 7:58:40 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 7:57:58 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 7:49:06 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 3:19:06 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
Why did God create the devil / allow him to exist. If he is all powerful why doesn't he just get rid of the devil?

Another question which is kind of relevant to the first is why do we even have life on earth? what is the point of us passing a test which God made? He makes rules which are impossible not to break then "saves us" by sacrificing his own son (and why did he even have to do this? if he is all powerful he could have just saved us he didn't need to send down his son and let him die for our "sins")

ok that is enough questions for me topic.

Enlighten me :)

I'ma admit this right now: God did not create the Devil

Do you mean there is no devil or the devil has an independent existence to god?

Independent existence

Well, that opens up a can of worms. Now there are two immaterial beings. They're multiplying. How many more?

It doesn't address the second part of the question though. How can an omnipotent god not be able to defeat the devil? Is the devil omnipotent too?

There's a difference between being able to defeat him and wanting to defeat him at the moment.

You must be a very deceived Christian like the rest of them.
ohj0shua
Posts: 36
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:12:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The second part of my question is why does he allow him to exist. You say he does not want to stop him now... why allow him to exist at all?
dee-em
Posts: 6,444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:14:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 8:08:03 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:05:17 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 7:58:40 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 7:57:58 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 7:49:06 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 3:19:06 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
Why did God create the devil / allow him to exist. If he is all powerful why doesn't he just get rid of the devil?

Another question which is kind of relevant to the first is why do we even have life on earth? what is the point of us passing a test which God made? He makes rules which are impossible not to break then "saves us" by sacrificing his own son (and why did he even have to do this? if he is all powerful he could have just saved us he didn't need to send down his son and let him die for our "sins")

ok that is enough questions for me topic.

Enlighten me :)

I'ma admit this right now: God did not create the Devil

Do you mean there is no devil or the devil has an independent existence to god?

Independent existence

Well, that opens up a can of worms. Now there are two immaterial beings. They're multiplying. How many more?

It doesn't address the second part of the question though. How can an omnipotent god not be able to defeat the devil? Is the devil omnipotent too?

There's a difference between being able to defeat him and wanting to defeat him at the moment.

You know the mind of god? I fail to see how an all-powerful god could allow an evil being to prey on people without doing something about it. It's, in effect, condoning evil.

And god is operating in our time?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:14:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 3:19:06 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
Why did God create the devil / allow him to exist. If he is all powerful why doesn't he just get rid of the devil?

Another question which is kind of relevant to the first is why do we even have life on earth? what is the point of us passing a test which God made? He makes rules which are impossible not to break then "saves us" by sacrificing his own son (and why did he even have to do this? if he is all powerful he could have just saved us he didn't need to send down his son and let him die for our "sins")

ok that is enough questions for me topic.

Enlighten me :)

God planted two trees in the garden of man. The tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Which tree do you think deceived man from his true existence in God?

Then tell me which tree is called the devil, Lucifer, satan, wicked, false prophet, antichrist, the world, the flesh, etc.
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:16:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 8:14:12 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:08:03 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:05:17 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 7:58:40 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 7:57:58 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 7:49:06 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 3:19:06 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
Why did God create the devil / allow him to exist. If he is all powerful why doesn't he just get rid of the devil?

Another question which is kind of relevant to the first is why do we even have life on earth? what is the point of us passing a test which God made? He makes rules which are impossible not to break then "saves us" by sacrificing his own son (and why did he even have to do this? if he is all powerful he could have just saved us he didn't need to send down his son and let him die for our "sins")

ok that is enough questions for me topic.

Enlighten me :)

I'ma admit this right now: God did not create the Devil

Do you mean there is no devil or the devil has an independent existence to god?

Independent existence

Well, that opens up a can of worms. Now there are two immaterial beings. They're multiplying. How many more?

It doesn't address the second part of the question though. How can an omnipotent god not be able to defeat the devil? Is the devil omnipotent too?

There's a difference between being able to defeat him and wanting to defeat him at the moment.

You know the mind of god? I fail to see how an all-powerful god could allow an evil being to prey on people without doing something about it. It's, in effect, condoning evil.

And god is operating in our time?

Just because he's letting an evil being destroy doesn't mean that he's doing nothing. Evil is happening to me right now as we speak and a lot of it, but God is teaching me how to overcome it.
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:18:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 8:16:04 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:14:12 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:08:03 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:05:17 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 7:58:40 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 7:57:58 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 7:49:06 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 3:19:06 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
Why did God create the devil / allow him to exist. If he is all powerful why doesn't he just get rid of the devil?

Another question which is kind of relevant to the first is why do we even have life on earth? what is the point of us passing a test which God made? He makes rules which are impossible not to break then "saves us" by sacrificing his own son (and why did he even have to do this? if he is all powerful he could have just saved us he didn't need to send down his son and let him die for our "sins")

ok that is enough questions for me topic.

Enlighten me :)

I'ma admit this right now: God did not create the Devil

Do you mean there is no devil or the devil has an independent existence to god?

Independent existence

Well, that opens up a can of worms. Now there are two immaterial beings. They're multiplying. How many more?

It doesn't address the second part of the question though. How can an omnipotent god not be able to defeat the devil? Is the devil omnipotent too?

There's a difference between being able to defeat him and wanting to defeat him at the moment.

You know the mind of god? I fail to see how an all-powerful god could allow an evil being to prey on people without doing something about it. It's, in effect, condoning evil.

And god is operating in our time?

Just because he's letting an evil being destroy doesn't mean that he's doing nothing. Evil is happening to me right now as we speak and a lot of it, but God is teaching me how to overcome it.

How's god going keeping your hand out of your pants?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ohj0shua
Posts: 36
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:21:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 8:16:04 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:


Just because he's letting an evil being destroy doesn't mean that he's doing nothing. Evil is happening to me right now as we speak and a lot of it, but God is teaching me how to overcome it.

But why is he letting an evil being exist at all? I don't get the point.
dee-em
Posts: 6,444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:22:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 8:16:04 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:14:12 AM, dee-em wrote:

You know the mind of god? I fail to see how an all-powerful god could allow an evil being to prey on people without doing something about it. It's, in effect, condoning evil.

And god is operating in our time?

Just because he's letting an evil being destroy doesn't mean that he's doing nothing. Evil is happening to me right now as we speak and a lot of it, but God is teaching me how to overcome it.

I sincerely hope you don't implement this policy on your children.
Talk about tough love!
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:23:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 8:21:19 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:16:04 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:


Just because he's letting an evil being destroy doesn't mean that he's doing nothing. Evil is happening to me right now as we speak and a lot of it, but God is teaching me how to overcome it.

But why is he letting an evil being exist at all? I don't get the point.

It's because the evil being benefits us in embracing the good.
ohj0shua
Posts: 36
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:23:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 8:14:37 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/23/2014 3:19:06 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
Why did God create the devil / allow him to exist. If he is all powerful why doesn't he just get rid of the devil?

Another question which is kind of relevant to the first is why do we even have life on earth? what is the point of us passing a test which God made? He makes rules which are impossible not to break then "saves us" by sacrificing his own son (and why did he even have to do this? if he is all powerful he could have just saved us he didn't need to send down his son and let him die for our "sins")

ok that is enough questions for me topic.

Enlighten me :)

God planted two trees in the garden of man. The tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Which tree do you think deceived man from his true existence in God?

Then tell me which tree is called the devil, Lucifer, satan, wicked, false prophet, antichrist, the world, the flesh, etc.

So Once again what is the point of letting the the devil exist??? I am not getting anything the resembles and answer. (sorry if I am coming off rude)

I am genuinely interested as to why God allows the devil to exist and I haven't been able to ask people in real life because I don't want to offend any one.
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:25:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 8:22:10 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:16:04 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:14:12 AM, dee-em wrote:

You know the mind of god? I fail to see how an all-powerful god could allow an evil being to prey on people without doing something about it. It's, in effect, condoning evil.

And god is operating in our time?

Just because he's letting an evil being destroy doesn't mean that he's doing nothing. Evil is happening to me right now as we speak and a lot of it, but God is teaching me how to overcome it.

I sincerely hope you don't implement this policy on your children.
Talk about tough love!

Just because God allows evil, does not mean that humans have the authority or power to do that as well. Sometimes, we as humans do allow evil to happen so that we can grow from it.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:37:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 8:23:54 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:14:37 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/23/2014 3:19:06 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
Why did God create the devil / allow him to exist. If he is all powerful why doesn't he just get rid of the devil?

Another question which is kind of relevant to the first is why do we even have life on earth? what is the point of us passing a test which God made? He makes rules which are impossible not to break then "saves us" by sacrificing his own son (and why did he even have to do this? if he is all powerful he could have just saved us he didn't need to send down his son and let him die for our "sins")

ok that is enough questions for me topic.

Enlighten me :)

God planted two trees in the garden of man. The tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Which tree do you think deceived man from his true existence in God?

Then tell me which tree is called the devil, Lucifer, satan, wicked, false prophet, antichrist, the world, the flesh, etc.

So Once again what is the point of letting the the devil exist??? I am not getting anything the resembles and answer. (sorry if I am coming off rude)

I am genuinely interested as to why God allows the devil to exist and I haven't been able to ask people in real life because I don't want to offend any one.

God created us as information ( invisible vibrations ) so in order to teach us this fact, He had to use this first age to connect to His prophets and saints. He had to make a contrast of thoughts to get our attention so the information that formed the illusions of this world and our flesh and all the languages that are used to identify these illusions are called the devil, or the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

The thoughts that come into the mind of us prophets and saints are totally different than His thoughts that were converted into the languages of this world that explains the illusions that men thought was our reality. These hidden thoughts ( the tree of life ) explains who we are in God and how He created us as His dream.

Now that we know exactly how God created us, He will end this age with the illusion that this world is destroyed. Then we'll awaken in a new world without the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ( the devil ) and know that we're only thoughts of God converted into invisible vibrations where all the illusions are formed with.

So the Devil is this world we observe and God is the invisible realm that we exist in.
dee-em
Posts: 6,444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:37:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 8:25:23 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:22:10 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:16:04 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:14:12 AM, dee-em wrote:

You know the mind of god? I fail to see how an all-powerful god could allow an evil being to prey on people without doing something about it. It's, in effect, condoning evil.

And god is operating in our time?

Just because he's letting an evil being destroy doesn't mean that he's doing nothing. Evil is happening to me right now as we speak and a lot of it, but God is teaching me how to overcome it.

I sincerely hope you don't implement this policy on your children.
Talk about tough love!

Just because God allows evil, does not mean that humans have the authority or power to do that as well. Sometimes, we as humans do allow evil to happen so that we can grow from it.

Pardon me for saying so but that is one sick doctrine. And hypocritical to boot. What kind of father would do that to his children who he supposedly loves? It's just perverse.
ohj0shua
Posts: 36
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:49:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 8:37:06 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:23:54 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:14:37 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/23/2014 3:19:06 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
Why did God create the devil / allow him to exist. If he is all powerful why doesn't he just get rid of the devil?

Another question which is kind of relevant to the first is why do we even have life on earth? what is the point of us passing a test which God made? He makes rules which are impossible not to break then "saves us" by sacrificing his own son (and why did he even have to do this? if he is all powerful he could have just saved us he didn't need to send down his son and let him die for our "sins")

ok that is enough questions for me topic.

Enlighten me :)

God planted two trees in the garden of man. The tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Which tree do you think deceived man from his true existence in God?

Then tell me which tree is called the devil, Lucifer, satan, wicked, false prophet, antichrist, the world, the flesh, etc.

So Once again what is the point of letting the the devil exist??? I am not getting anything the resembles and answer. (sorry if I am coming off rude)

I am genuinely interested as to why God allows the devil to exist and I haven't been able to ask people in real life because I don't want to offend any one.

God created us as information ( invisible vibrations ) so in order to teach us this fact, He had to use this first age to connect to His prophets and saints. He had to make a contrast of thoughts to get our attention so the information that formed the illusions of this world and our flesh and all the languages that are used to identify these illusions are called the devil, or the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

The thoughts that come into the mind of us prophets and saints are totally different than His thoughts that were converted into the languages of this world that explains the illusions that men thought was our reality. These hidden thoughts ( the tree of life ) explains who we are in God and how He created us as His dream.

Now that we know exactly how God created us, He will end this age with the illusion that this world is destroyed. Then we'll awaken in a new world without the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ( the devil ) and know that we're only thoughts of God converted into invisible vibrations where all the illusions are formed with.

So the Devil is this world we observe and God is the invisible realm that we exist in.

hmmm, I am not sure I fully understand you, what is the fact he is trying to teach us?
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:49:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 8:37:17 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:25:23 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:22:10 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:16:04 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:14:12 AM, dee-em wrote:

You know the mind of god? I fail to see how an all-powerful god could allow an evil being to prey on people without doing something about it. It's, in effect, condoning evil.

And god is operating in our time?

Just because he's letting an evil being destroy doesn't mean that he's doing nothing. Evil is happening to me right now as we speak and a lot of it, but God is teaching me how to overcome it.

I sincerely hope you don't implement this policy on your children.
Talk about tough love!

Just because God allows evil, does not mean that humans have the authority or power to do that as well. Sometimes, we as humans do allow evil to happen so that we can grow from it.

Pardon me for saying so but that is one sick doctrine. And hypocritical to boot. What kind of father would do that to his children who he supposedly loves? It's just perverse.

Your welcome to debate me on the problem of evil
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:56:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 8:49:26 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:37:06 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:23:54 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:14:37 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/23/2014 3:19:06 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
Why did God create the devil / allow him to exist. If he is all powerful why doesn't he just get rid of the devil?

Another question which is kind of relevant to the first is why do we even have life on earth? what is the point of us passing a test which God made? He makes rules which are impossible not to break then "saves us" by sacrificing his own son (and why did he even have to do this? if he is all powerful he could have just saved us he didn't need to send down his son and let him die for our "sins")

ok that is enough questions for me topic.

Enlighten me :)

God planted two trees in the garden of man. The tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Which tree do you think deceived man from his true existence in God?

Then tell me which tree is called the devil, Lucifer, satan, wicked, false prophet, antichrist, the world, the flesh, etc.

So Once again what is the point of letting the the devil exist??? I am not getting anything the resembles and answer. (sorry if I am coming off rude)

I am genuinely interested as to why God allows the devil to exist and I haven't been able to ask people in real life because I don't want to offend any one.

God created us as information ( invisible vibrations ) so in order to teach us this fact, He had to use this first age to connect to His prophets and saints. He had to make a contrast of thoughts to get our attention so the information that formed the illusions of this world and our flesh and all the languages that are used to identify these illusions are called the devil, or the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

The thoughts that come into the mind of us prophets and saints are totally different than His thoughts that were converted into the languages of this world that explains the illusions that men thought was our reality. These hidden thoughts ( the tree of life ) explains who we are in God and how He created us as His dream.

Now that we know exactly how God created us, He will end this age with the illusion that this world is destroyed. Then we'll awaken in a new world without the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ( the devil ) and know that we're only thoughts of God converted into invisible vibrations where all the illusions are formed with.

So the Devil is this world we observe and God is the invisible realm that we exist in.

hmmm, I am not sure I fully understand you, what is the fact he is trying to teach us?

Don't worry about bog he's a loon who lives on the street and walks around with a billboard on his chest with his insane scribbles on it.
Pay him no mind.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:57:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 8:49:26 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:37:06 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:23:54 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:14:37 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/23/2014 3:19:06 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
Why did God create the devil / allow him to exist. If he is all powerful why doesn't he just get rid of the devil?

Another question which is kind of relevant to the first is why do we even have life on earth? what is the point of us passing a test which God made? He makes rules which are impossible not to break then "saves us" by sacrificing his own son (and why did he even have to do this? if he is all powerful he could have just saved us he didn't need to send down his son and let him die for our "sins")

ok that is enough questions for me topic.

Enlighten me :)

God planted two trees in the garden of man. The tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Which tree do you think deceived man from his true existence in God?

Then tell me which tree is called the devil, Lucifer, satan, wicked, false prophet, antichrist, the world, the flesh, etc.

So Once again what is the point of letting the the devil exist??? I am not getting anything the resembles and answer. (sorry if I am coming off rude)

I am genuinely interested as to why God allows the devil to exist and I haven't been able to ask people in real life because I don't want to offend any one.

God created us as information ( invisible vibrations ) so in order to teach us this fact, He had to use this first age to connect to His prophets and saints. He had to make a contrast of thoughts to get our attention so the information that formed the illusions of this world and our flesh and all the languages that are used to identify these illusions are called the devil, or the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

The thoughts that come into the mind of us prophets and saints are totally different than His thoughts that were converted into the languages of this world that explains the illusions that men thought was our reality. These hidden thoughts ( the tree of life ) explains who we are in God and how He created us as His dream.

Now that we know exactly how God created us, He will end this age with the illusion that this world is destroyed. Then we'll awaken in a new world without the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ( the devil ) and know that we're only thoughts of God converted into invisible vibrations where all the illusions are formed with.

So the Devil is this world we observe and God is the invisible realm that we exist in.

hmmm, I am not sure I fully understand you, what is the fact he is trying to teach us?

He had to teach us that we exist in His dream. It took Him thousands of years and many written and spoken testimonies through us saints and prophets to teach us this fact. This dream is so real looking that it was impossible for us people to know that we're not real without being taught that we're nothing but information being processed into illusions. Think of this world we exist in as a virtual reality.
dee-em
Posts: 6,444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 9:08:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 8:49:42 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:37:17 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:25:23 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:22:10 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:16:04 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:14:12 AM, dee-em wrote:

You know the mind of god? I fail to see how an all-powerful god could allow an evil being to prey on people without doing something about it. It's, in effect, condoning evil.

And god is operating in our time?

Just because he's letting an evil being destroy doesn't mean that he's doing nothing. Evil is happening to me right now as we speak and a lot of it, but God is teaching me how to overcome it.

I sincerely hope you don't implement this policy on your children.
Talk about tough love!

Just because God allows evil, does not mean that humans have the authority or power to do that as well. Sometimes, we as humans do allow evil to happen so that we can grow from it.

Pardon me for saying so but that is one sick doctrine. And hypocritical to boot. What kind of father would do that to his children who he supposedly loves? It's just perverse.

Your welcome to debate me on the problem of evil

I don't do debates - too much commitment. :-)

Make your case here.

So far you have that god tolerates the devil in order to test us with evil so that he can make us 'better'. You fail to explain why this is necessary. Why weren't we just made 'better' to begin with?

Unresolved questions are the independent existence of the devil (where did he come from?) and how god seems to be subject to our time as he is only tolerating the devil 'for the moment'.
ohj0shua
Posts: 36
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 9:10:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
kind of like the matrix?

I honestly never expected that answer when I asked why the devil is allowed to exist.

also why did you say "us" when talking bout the the prophets and saints?
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 9:23:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why did God create the devil?

The devil made him do it.............................. boom tish.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 9:27:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 3:19:06 AM, ohj0shua wrote:
Why did God create the devil / allow him to exist. If he is all powerful why doesn't he just get rid of the devil?

Another question which is kind of relevant to the first is why do we even have life on earth? what is the point of us passing a test which God made? He makes rules which are impossible not to break then "saves us" by sacrificing his own son (and why did he even have to do this? if he is all powerful he could have just saved us he didn't need to send down his son and let him die for our "sins")

ok that is enough questions for me topic.

Enlighten me :)

Do you really want to be enlightened or do you want an excuse for your own devilishness? If you really want to be enlightened (which I doubt, but since you seem to think it's impossible, and I know God wants you to be saved from the devil's Hell fire, I'll give it a shot)

To start with, God is reasonable. It seems you want to accuse God of not caring about the pain, suffering, and evil that is in the world because He allowed it to happen and He is allowing it to continue as far as you can see (which is not very far, if you will admit that). God had a reason for creating the angel who was named Lucifer. There was a timeless time before any creatures were made, before any angels or people existed (even atheistic evolutionists will agree with this (except they have to call "creatures", "living things", since they believe living things emerged out of non-living things). God being complete in Himself did not need to create beings with minds like His, with reasoning and imaginative powers, but because He is good and He rejoices in Himself (He is very happy to be God, what else could He be?) He decided to make creatures who could perform according to their own free will like He does. So He created the angels, beings of light, spirits like God with powers of communication, reasoning, imagination, and action like God. God rejoiced in them, He made them for His own pleasure, and they knew God made them and they did whatever they wanted to...up to a point.

The point where some of the angels crossed the line was in failing to give God the thanks, honor, and glory He deserves for creating them and giving them their abilities. God had set some angels in places nearer to Himself than others. These were the most beautiful and most powerful of the angels. They were Michael, the archangel, Gabriel, the Chief Messenger, and Lucifer, the shining one. Yes, before God created the angels, God knew that one of the tree top angels, Lucifer, would rebel against God and many of the lower angels would follow in the rebellion. Lucifer became prideful because he knew he had a special place above most of the angels, and he decided he deserved to be like God above all of the angels. Lucifer convinced many of the lower angels that they could take over and control heaven and enjoy themselves free of giving God any thanks and not having to spend any time bowing down to God. Lucifer's challenge to God was something like this: "You made me this way, so why should I not rise to the top? I am the most beautiful, the most wise, and as strong as any other. You cannot stop me, because if you don't let me continue doing whatever I want to do, then that means you made a mistake in creating me. If you are good like you want all of the angels to think you are, then you must allow me to rule."
Lucifer wanted all of the angels to recognize his greatness. The greatness that was a gift from God, and a testimony to the great glory of it's Giver, Lucifer decided was his own and he deserved it because God gave it to Him and God (he thought) does not have the right to deny from Him because that would mean God made a mistake. So Lucifer expected God to remain quiet while he began to contest with the angels who refused to give honor, glory, and thanks to anybody other than God. Lucifer craved the honor that only God deserves as the Creator of all things. Lucifer used his own imaginative and free will powers to lead a rebellion against the Creator, and his holy (blameless) personality he had been given had become corrupted by his own pride in himself.

God could have destroyed Lucifer before he started making trouble in heaven trying to displace the angels who refused to bow down to him. God could have immediately confined Lucifer (Who changed by his own free will choice into the devil, Satan) to the fire of Hell. God had a plan, before the foundation of the world, to prevent any such rebellion from happening again. God's plan to have heaven filled with His creatures enjoying freedom without conflict, and never breaking the beauty and perfection that comes from Him, would not be denied.

Before I go further, let me ask you this...do you want to be like the devil who is doomed, or do you want to be like the angels who always have and always will enjoy all of the blessings of God in perfect freedom without pan, suffering, and disharmony after all sinners are forever separated from God and confined in the fire of the devil's Hell?
ohj0shua
Posts: 36
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 9:53:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
ok good response so far, I still don't understand why if God knew Lucifier would turn bad he would create him at all. Or why he didn't destroy or contain him sooner.

and you question to me. I would like to more like the Angels or a saint than the devil. I don't believe in heaven, but I do believe on heaven on earth. I am only human but I try to live a good life, being nice to people around me and try to make the world a better place. However I am only human and I cannot always do the best thing.

I hope that answers your question to some degree.
bulproof
Posts: 25,175
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 9:58:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/23/2014 9:27:11 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Do you really want to be enlightened or do you want an excuse for your own devilishness? If you really want to be enlightened (which I doubt, but since you seem to think it's impossible, and I know God wants you to be saved from the devil's Hell fire, I'll give it a shot)

I'll get to the rest a bit later but it's god's hell fire. You know the creator of ALL. What is it that you people don't get about that.

The creator of all, makes hell your god's creation.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin