Jump to topic:

Brainwashing

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 1:32:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I often hear brainwashing mentioned on here, often aimed at me, lol, but I wonder how many realise just how brainwashed we really are?

Our parents brainwash us into their way of thinking.

School brainwashes us into the mould it wants us to fit.

Religion, whatever religion it is, brainwashes us.

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Television most definitely brainwashes us.

So how do we resist all these forces working on us?

Can we even do so?

Well in my experience there is only one way, and that is to keep asking why? or How? to keep questioning whatever anyone tells us and never, ever assume that the people, however highly qualified, actually know what they're talking about.

In other words I don't believe we can prevent it, simply choose who we allow to brainwash us.

And never, ever be too proud to admit that it can happen to us.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 1:37:15 PM
At 8/23/2014 1:32:17 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I often hear brainwashing mentioned on here, often aimed at me, lol, but I wonder how many realise just how brainwashed we really are?

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

Well in my experience there is only one way, and that is to keep asking why? or How? to keep questioning whatever anyone tells us and never, ever assume that the people, however highly qualified, actually know what they're talking about.

In other words I don't believe we can prevent it, simply choose who we allow to brainwash us.

And the religious people who formed the Vatican made up new rules to totally brainwash anyone who reads their new testament. That's why God came into the minds of us saints to teach us directly who we are in Him. God's chosen believers listen to us and learn what we know, possibly 30, 60 or even 100 fold.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 2:37:36 PM
At 8/23/2014 1:37:15 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

And the religious people who formed the Vatican made up new rules to totally brainwash anyone who reads their new testament. That's why God came into the minds of us saints to teach us directly who we are in Him. God's chosen believers listen to us and learn what we know, possibly 30, 60 or even 100 fold.

Whilst I agree about the vatican, i see you are still under the same delusions about yourself.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 7:38:16 PM
At 8/23/2014 2:37:36 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

Whilst I agree about the vatican, i see you are still under the same delusions about yourself.

I was taught the knowledge I possess by our Creator through our invisible existence called Christ, which is a symbolic term amongst many symbolic names that are used in the Bible for the same thing. This invisible knowledge where we exist as God's people is also known as the Son of God, Kingdom of God, Kingdom of Heaven, Zion, Holy Spirit, Righteous ones, Kingdom of Jesus Christ, Breath of Life, Tree of Life, Book of Life, the Elect, Spiritual Kingdom, Jacob, Judah, Eternal Life, Light of Men, etc.

No Christian has ever been taught directly by our Creator about who we are in Him.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:02:31 PM

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

I have a question for you, Saint Brad.
Are you the only voice of our creator who speaks his truth, or are there others like you?
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:14:34 PM

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

Brainwashing refers to the loss of the ability to reason and think logically, so yeah, ppl tend to invoke the word in reference to you.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:17:43 PM
At 8/23/2014 8:02:31 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

Are you the only voice of our creator who speaks his truth, or are there others like you?

The body that's writing this post is the only body that God has used to testify to our true existence in 1700 years. The last saints ( first witness ) to testify to the Truth were all killed by the Roman government starting with the jealousy of religious Jewish leaders who hated the gospel that the first saints spoke.

Most of the first saints were beheaded for testifying to the Word of God ( Truth ).

Revelation 20
4: Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom judgment was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life, and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

The one thousand year reign of Christ will end when my body is killed in January.

Revelation 6
9: When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne;
10: they cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before thou wilt judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell upon the earth?"
11: Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:21:41 PM
At 8/23/2014 8:17:43 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

The body that's writing this post is the only body that God has used to testify to our true existence in 1700 years. The last saints ( first witness ) to testify to the Truth were all killed by the Roman government starting with the jealousy of religious Jewish leaders who hated the gospel that the first saints spoke.

Why did God wait 1700 years before sending another Saint?

Most of the first saints were beheaded for testifying to the Word of God ( Truth ).

Revelation 20
4: Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom judgment was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life, and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

The one thousand year reign of Christ will end when my body is killed in January.

So...what you're saying is that the beginning of the 1000 year reign of Christ began in 1015 AD? Is there any indication that anything out of the ordinary happened in that year?

Revelation 6
9: When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne;
10: they cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before thou wilt judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell upon the earth?"
11: Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:22:46 PM
At 8/23/2014 8:14:34 PM, annanicole wrote:

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

Brainwashing refers to the loss of the ability to reason and think logically, so yeah, ppl tend to invoke the word in reference to you.

All Christians were brainwashed to believe the Bible was the Word of God where they can find the Truth. They have no understanding of what this following scripture means;

2 Peter 1
20: First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation,
21: because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

Christians don't understand that only us saints who wrote the original writings that were stolen by the antichrists were the ones who knew our Creator and testified for Him. No man can get to the invisible Truth by reading words in a book. It can only be taught directly by the Truth Himself, through His knowledge called Christ.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:26:25 PM
At 8/23/2014 8:22:46 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

All Christians were brainwashed to believe the Bible was the Word of God where they can find the Truth. They have no understanding of what this following scripture means;

2 Peter 1
20: First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation,
21: because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

Christians don't understand that only us saints who wrote the original writings that were stolen by the antichrists were the ones who knew our Creator and testified for Him. No man can get to the invisible Truth by reading words in a book. It can only be taught directly by the Truth Himself, through His knowledge called Christ.

What is "invisible" truth? Truth is neither visible nor invisible. Neither is a lie. You can't see a lie, dude.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:29:30 PM
At 8/23/2014 8:21:41 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/23/2014 8:17:43 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

Why did God wait 1700 years before sending another Saint?

Revelation 20

So...what you're saying is that the beginning of the 1000 year reign of Christ began in 1015 AD? Is there any indication that anything out of the ordinary happened in that year?

Revelation 6

: Why did God wait 1700 years before sending another Saint?

Because He used Christianity through His plan called the beast to build the latest technology to use as analogies to teach me how He created us. The first saints didn't have the latest computer technology and science data to understand that we're created as God's thoughts stored in bits of information known as wavelengths.

: So...what you're saying is that the beginning of the 1000 year reign of Christ began in 1015 AD? Is there any indication that anything out of the ordinary happened in that year?

God doesn't use numbers in the written prophecies as literal numbers. They are only symbolic terms that kept His people from figuring out what His prophecies mean. Only us saints were taught the deeper meanings of His prophecies, which are pieces of knowledge that He uses to teach us the future.

The "1,000 year reign of Christ" started with the testimonies of His first saint, which Christians believe is their god named Jesus. Our bodies are only illusions so it makes no difference what our names are of the bodies. Our testimony is Christ converted into earthly languages that we can understand. My testimony is being done in English so that I can learn who I am in God as His voice. I have learned that ALL His people and beasts are in His invisible Christ ( His thoughts ).
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:31:53 PM
At 8/23/2014 8:26:25 PM, annanicole wrote:

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

2 Peter 1

What is "invisible" truth? Truth is neither visible nor invisible. Neither is a lie. You can't see a lie, dude.

This whole world and everything in it is a lie because of the Truth.

Here are some proverbs of Truth that God had me write on the very first day that I began to testify for Him;

No man has the truth except for those who have received it and is guarded by the one who gave it.

Only those who have laid down their life for it, can see it.

Truth is not of this world but it exposes this world for what it is and leaves it naked and exposed for those who understand it.

Truth was never intended for those who aren't truthful. Lies are their nature.

Truth has the right to condemn those who don't have it.

Truth is the justice that mere man cannot conceive. The injustice man does, keeps him from it.

Life is chaotic to those who don't bear it, but is understood by those who do.

One can never know what truth really is until he has it. Then he will understand that its true.

Nobody can buy the truth because its not for sale. It is freely given to those who ask for it.

What you see is not always the truth because your eyes deceive you and your ears don't hear.

Truth is the righteousness that excludes men. Not to be seen until they are righteous.

Truth is more precious than gold, and gold is more precious than silver. A miner of truth will tell you that.

Give a man the truth and he will know your heart but don't trust a man without it.

Truth wasn't made for man's eyes because he is blind. Without his blindness he will see the truth.

Truth is not what you think it is, it's what you know it is.

Truth can't be defined in man's laws, because there's no truth in man.

Truth is freedom for those who lay down and die. Then they can live with the truth.

Truth avoids those who look for it but when it finds you, you will no longer look for it.

Give a man the truth and it will no longer be true.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:40:39 PM
At 8/23/2014 8:31:53 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

2 Peter 1

Here are some proverbs of Truth that God had me write on the very first day that I began to testify for Him;

No man has the truth except for those who have received it and is guarded by the one who gave it.

Truth is not of this world but it exposes this world for what it is and leaves it naked and exposed for those who understand it.

Truth is the justice that mere man cannot conceive. The injustice man does, keeps him from it.

One can never know what truth really is until he has it. Then he will understand that its true.

Nobody can buy the truth because its not for sale. It is freely given to those who ask for it.

What you see is not always the truth because your eyes deceive you and your ears don't hear.

Truth is the righteousness that excludes men. Not to be seen until they are righteous.

Truth is more precious than gold, and gold is more precious than silver. A miner of truth will tell you that.

Give a man the truth and he will know your heart but don't trust a man without it.

Truth wasn't made for man's eyes because he is blind. Without his blindness he will see the truth.

Truth is freedom for those who lay down and die. Then they can live with the truth.

Truth avoids those who look for it but when it finds you, you will no longer look for it.

I didn't ask for a bunch of your delusional nonsense. I simply asked how truth can be "visible"
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:50:16 PM

Science brainwashes us.

Exactly how does science brain wash people?

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2014 8:52:40 PM
At 8/23/2014 8:40:39 PM, annanicole wrote:

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

2 Peter 1

I didn't ask for a bunch of your delusional nonsense. I simply asked how truth can be "visible"

It's impossible that the Truth can be visible. He and His thoughts have always been invisible but the illusions that we observe within His dream have been thought by men as their reality. They didn't realize it was only a dream of God's but whoever listens to me will be taught the same knowledge that I possess as God's Word, also known as His voice or the Kingdom of God, Kingdom of Heaven, Christ, Holy Spirit, Zion, Jacob, Judah, Breath of Life, Eternal Life, Light of Men, etc.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 7:30:06 AM
At 8/23/2014 8:50:16 PM, SamStevens wrote:

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

Precisely the same way everything can, by persuading us to believe that they are teaching truth and that they actually know what they're talking about, neither of which is always true, even if they believe it themselves.

The number of more recently exposed fakes in science prove that it can be done because for years many were brainwashed into accepting that they were real.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 7:34:01 AM

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

The first quote in your signature, "The number of 'followers' you have does not make you better than anyone else. Hitler had millions, Jesus had 12."~ Unknown quotes" is almost perfectly true and just demonstrates that the majority are frequently wrong. Where is it wrong? Jesus at one point had anything up to 500 followers, but still a minority. The 12 were ones he was grooming for Apostleship later.

However please try and prove one scientific inaccuracy in scripture and I will happily show you where you have gone wrong, because you have simply chosen to misunderstand what the wording used means.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 7:35:40 AM
At 8/23/2014 8:40:39 PM, annanicole wrote:

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

2 Peter 1

Truth is visible in the same way that the wind is, or gravity is, by it's improving effect on people's lives.

You should try it sometime it really would improve your life now as well as give you a future.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 7:55:25 AM
Asking why is never ending doubt. The Truth will make you free.

A. Admit you are a siinner and deserve to die and burn in Hell for your unrighteousness.:
B. Believe God loves you so much that He came down from heaven and paid for your sins Himself in Jesus Christ, and rose from the grave bodily because He had no sin to hold him down.
C Call on God in Jesus/ name based on what He did for you to save you from Hell, and receive Him as your Saviour.

Jesus said "if you continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed, and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free". God will consider your record clean if you beleive on Jesus who paid for all the dirt of sin on your record, and receive Him as yoru Savior. Coming to know God according to His terms by being honest with Him addmitting you need His mercy every moment, God will start a cleansing process to get the junk out of your brain and keep it out, a process which He sees as already finished after your sins have been paid for while He gives you time to work it out knowing you rsins are forgiven and you are going to heaven.

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 8:21:19 AM
At 8/26/2014 7:55:25 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Asking why is never ending doubt. The Truth will make you free.
The truth has been preached to you for a couple of years by BOG, have you taken any notice?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 8:48:49 AM
It seems there MadCornishBiker that the opposition has the uninhibited power to do so. When thinking about it, what is it in God"s good Wisdom that He would allow such things to be? Could it be the times? Or maybe it"s been that way ever since the lie was invited into the world, and now rules it wherever the influence of God"s Presence isn't surrendered to. And that is what is required, even before the lie was invited into the world to ravage it.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 9:05:16 AM

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

We are all products of our environment. What you call brainwashing is just environmental influences in most cases and there is nothing deliberate about it.

In the late 1950s, psychologist Robert Jay Lifton studied former prisoners of Korean War and Chinese war camps. He determined that they'd undergone a multistep process that began with attacks on the prisoner's sense of self and ended with what appeared to be a change in beliefs. Lifton ultimately defined a set of steps involved in the brainwashing cases he studied:
1. Assault on identity
2. Guilt
3. Self-betrayal
4. Breaking point
5. Leniency
6. Compulsion to confess
7. Channeling of guilt
8. Releasing of guilt
9. Progress and harmony
10. Final confession and rebirth

There is one item in your list which, to some degree, uses most of the techniques listed above. Guess which one it is.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 9:09:25 AM
At 8/26/2014 8:48:49 AM, DPMartin wrote:
Or maybe it"s been that way ever since the lie was invited into the world, and now rules it wherever the influence of God"s Presence is
Would you be referring to the LIE that "surely on that day you will die"?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 9:40:21 AM
At 8/26/2014 9:09:25 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/26/2014 8:48:49 AM, DPMartin wrote:
Or maybe it"s been that way ever since the lie was invited into the world, and now rules it wherever the influence of God"s Presence is
Would you be referring to the LIE that "surely on that day you will die"?

You are dead in your sin now. You are in the first death. The second death is the Lake of Fire. I often referr to them as death stage one, and death stage two. Stage one is in time, in stage two, time won't matter. Time is running out for you. Adam and Eve died when they ate of the forbidden fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, , just as God said they would. God Himself died in their place as jesus Christ so His justice against their disobedience is satisfied, He took their death on Himself so He is just and righteous to execute in fire of Hell all who refuse His offer of pardon through the gift of His Son who rose from the grave and will be the Judge of all who refuse Him as their Saviour. Repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved. He that believes not is condemned (dead) already (dead and condemned to Hell) Sorry if you won't believe.
RulerOfNone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 9:51:45 AM
I would say that science is the one thing that doesn't brainwash. Science is the study of reality, of what is (or isn't) there. It is a way of examining, measuring, and understanding the world around us and more. There is no room for politics or ideology, only objective facts.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 12:06:47 PM
At 8/26/2014 9:51:45 AM, RulerOfNone wrote:
I would say that science is the one thing that doesn't brainwash. Science is the study of reality, of what is (or isn't) there. It is a way of examining, measuring, and understanding the world around us and more. There is no room for politics or ideology, only objective facts.

Things commonly used and consumed in the society of the US is always being reported on it's healthiness or harm depending on who researched the experiments and especially who paid for it. One day it"s good for you the next it"s going to kill you then its good for you again. I have friends in the intellectual community, and they will tell you that most research and development is strictly in the interest of the corporations sponsoring it. The intellectual and his work is for sale also.

It"s not the evidence of science, it"s the politics and profiteers that is in charge of the results. It"s not the Gospel, it's those who pretend to be associated to it, and gain authority and influence within the ranks of the same, and use that for politics and profiteering.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 5:29:51 PM
At 8/26/2014 7:34:01 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

The first quote in your signature, "The number of 'followers' you have does not make you better than anyone else. Hitler had millions, Jesus had 12."~ Unknown quotes" is almost perfectly true and just demonstrates that the majority are frequently wrong. Where is it wrong? Jesus at one point had anything up to 500 followers, but still a minority. The 12 were ones he was grooming for Apostleship later.

However please try and prove one scientific inaccuracy in scripture and I will happily show you where you have gone wrong, because you have simply chosen to misunderstand what the wording used means.

Where are you getting this from? I just asked for you to show how science brain washes people. So how does science brain wash people?

---

"And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray, and the vulture, and the kite after his kind; every raven after his kind; and the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind, and the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl, and the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle, and the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.
"Leviticus 11:13-19, KJV"

Bats are not fowls. How do you explain that?
---

Noah's ark:

http://www.talkorigins.org...
---

Adam and eve

You can't start a population with just 2 people. There would be a lot of inbreeding and it would result in genetic mutation.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 5:33:36 PM

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

http://www.discoveringislam.org...
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 5:42:15 PM

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

Also, Jonah living in a whales/fishes stomach. It would not work. A whale shark can not swallow you, and if a sperm whale managed to chock you down, you would die since there is no oxygen, only methane.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 5:46:40 PM
At 8/26/2014 7:30:06 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Science brainwashes us.

Society brainwashes us.

Can we even do so?

Precisely the same way everything can, by persuading us to believe that they are teaching truth and that they actually know what they're talking about, neither of which is always true, even if they believe it themselves.

The number of more recently exposed fakes in science prove that it can be done because for years many were brainwashed into accepting that they were real.

Also, how do you explain Eve being made from Adam's rib?