Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Mahatma Ghandi got it right...

irreverent_god
Posts: 1,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 4:29:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Ghandi

Why is it that religion (especially christianity) breeds such low-class attitudes, like racism? What is it that makes someone believe that they "have gawd" or have "found christ," while at the same time disparaging of their fellow man on such superficial basis? It makes me sick to death to hear people claim adherence to a religion of "love," while propagating poorly formed excuses to look down their ignorant noses at people born of a different appearance.

This is what is supposed to be the source of "morality?" It's moral to use religious premises to oppress other humans on the basis of skin color? This doesn't even take into consideration all the other prejudices that are directly induced by christianity, but the fact of the matter is that religion is used as an excuse to justify prejudices more than any other reason, ever.

Religious zealots quote skewed demographic statistics to justify their belief that it "just the facts," and completely overlook the fact that the vast majority of these statistics are CREATED by the history of christian racism handed down from the days of early american culture.

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Is the tribal mentality so important to the religious that this is both overlooked and, in many religions, encouraged? All the statistics in the world about the religious being, on average, less intelligent than non-religious are overlooked or outright discarded by the religious. Quote these statistics, and they get their noses bent out of shape... Conversely, the most perverse among the religious with a penchant for looking down their "moral" noses at others will cling tenaciously to test score statistics and boast their superiority. Tell them about the disparity between population demographics in free society and the demographics in prison, and they will summarily dismiss it, out of hand. They can't accept that the "moral" christians could possibly be the more immoral or criminally leaning, but they can pronounce moral or human value judgment upon race or ethnicity without batting an eyelash.

Organizations such as the KKK, "Christian Identity," and other white supremacist groups make an extremely sad statement, but it's not just the "extremists" that are so blatantly UN-christ like... Is this what racist low-lifes take away from the NT? In all the bible reading I've ever done, I never read a single passage or verse that even HINTED at promoting prejudice according to race.

This twisted perception of superiority is beyond sickening. Thus, the following question:

Why do christians act so "morally superior," and argue for "objective" morality, when they can neither define that which "never changes," nor implement that which they claim as a superior morality in their own lives?
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 5:04:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/26/2014 4:29:02 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Ghandi

Why is it that religion (especially christianity) breeds such low-class attitudes, like racism? What is it that makes someone believe that they "have gawd" or have "found christ," while at the same time disparaging of their fellow man on such superficial basis? It makes me sick to death to hear people claim adherence to a religion of "love," while propagating poorly formed excuses to look down their ignorant noses at people born of a different appearance.

This is what is supposed to be the source of "morality?" It's moral to use religious premises to oppress other humans on the basis of skin color? This doesn't even take into consideration all the other prejudices that are directly induced by christianity, but the fact of the matter is that religion is used as an excuse to justify prejudices more than any other reason, ever.

Religious zealots quote skewed demographic statistics to justify their belief that it "just the facts," and completely overlook the fact that the vast majority of these statistics are CREATED by the history of christian racism handed down from the days of early american culture.

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Is the tribal mentality so important to the religious that this is both overlooked and, in many religions, encouraged? All the statistics in the world about the religious being, on average, less intelligent than non-religious are overlooked or outright discarded by the religious. Quote these statistics, and they get their noses bent out of shape... Conversely, the most perverse among the religious with a penchant for looking down their "moral" noses at others will cling tenaciously to test score statistics and boast their superiority. Tell them about the disparity between population demographics in free society and the demographics in prison, and they will summarily dismiss it, out of hand. They can't accept that the "moral" christians could possibly be the more immoral or criminally leaning, but they can pronounce moral or human value judgment upon race or ethnicity without batting an eyelash.

Organizations such as the KKK, "Christian Identity," and other white supremacist groups make an extremely sad statement, but it's not just the "extremists" that are so blatantly UN-christ like... Is this what racist low-lifes take away from the NT? In all the bible reading I've ever done, I never read a single passage or verse that even HINTED at promoting prejudice according to race.

This twisted perception of superiority is beyond sickening. Thus, the following question:

Why do christians act so "morally superior," and argue for "objective" morality, when they can neither define that which "never changes," nor implement that which they claim as a superior morality in their own lives?

Mahatma Ghandi may have been very sincere. He may have been, in many respects, an admirable person.
But he did not know Christ, did not bow to and worship Christ, did not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and did not trust in and believe on Christ. Therefore, Ghandi is in Hell right now, and will be forever under the wrath of God.

The same fate awaitseveryone who does not know Christ, does not bow to and worship Christ, and does not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and trust in and believe on Christ.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 5:08:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/26/2014 5:04:02 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/26/2014 4:29:02 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Ghandi

Why is it that religion (especially christianity) breeds such low-class attitudes, like racism? What is it that makes someone believe that they "have gawd" or have "found christ," while at the same time disparaging of their fellow man on such superficial basis? It makes me sick to death to hear people claim adherence to a religion of "love," while propagating poorly formed excuses to look down their ignorant noses at people born of a different appearance.

This is what is supposed to be the source of "morality?" It's moral to use religious premises to oppress other humans on the basis of skin color? This doesn't even take into consideration all the other prejudices that are directly induced by christianity, but the fact of the matter is that religion is used as an excuse to justify prejudices more than any other reason, ever.

Religious zealots quote skewed demographic statistics to justify their belief that it "just the facts," and completely overlook the fact that the vast majority of these statistics are CREATED by the history of christian racism handed down from the days of early american culture.

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Is the tribal mentality so important to the religious that this is both overlooked and, in many religions, encouraged? All the statistics in the world about the religious being, on average, less intelligent than non-religious are overlooked or outright discarded by the religious. Quote these statistics, and they get their noses bent out of shape... Conversely, the most perverse among the religious with a penchant for looking down their "moral" noses at others will cling tenaciously to test score statistics and boast their superiority. Tell them about the disparity between population demographics in free society and the demographics in prison, and they will summarily dismiss it, out of hand. They can't accept that the "moral" christians could possibly be the more immoral or criminally leaning, but they can pronounce moral or human value judgment upon race or ethnicity without batting an eyelash.

Organizations such as the KKK, "Christian Identity," and other white supremacist groups make an extremely sad statement, but it's not just the "extremists" that are so blatantly UN-christ like... Is this what racist low-lifes take away from the NT? In all the bible reading I've ever done, I never read a single passage or verse that even HINTED at promoting prejudice according to race.

This twisted perception of superiority is beyond sickening. Thus, the following question:

Why do christians act so "morally superior," and argue for "objective" morality, when they can neither define that which "never changes," nor implement that which they claim as a superior morality in their own lives?

Mahatma Ghandi may have been very sincere. He may have been, in many respects, an admirable person.
But he did not know Christ, did not bow to and worship Christ, did not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and did not trust in and believe on Christ. Therefore, Ghandi is in Hell right now, and will be forever under the wrath of God.


I think this is one of the low class attitudes the OP was talking about.

The same fate awaitseveryone who does not know Christ, does not bow to and worship Christ, and does not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and trust in and believe on Christ.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
irreverent_god
Posts: 1,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 5:42:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/26/2014 5:04:02 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/26/2014 4:29:02 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Ghandi

Why is it that religion (especially christianity) breeds such low-class attitudes, like racism? What is it that makes someone believe that they "have gawd" or have "found christ," while at the same time disparaging of their fellow man on such superficial basis? It makes me sick to death to hear people claim adherence to a religion of "love," while propagating poorly formed excuses to look down their ignorant noses at people born of a different appearance.

This is what is supposed to be the source of "morality?" It's moral to use religious premises to oppress other humans on the basis of skin color? This doesn't even take into consideration all the other prejudices that are directly induced by christianity, but the fact of the matter is that religion is used as an excuse to justify prejudices more than any other reason, ever.

Religious zealots quote skewed demographic statistics to justify their belief that it "just the facts," and completely overlook the fact that the vast majority of these statistics are CREATED by the history of christian racism handed down from the days of early american culture.

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Is the tribal mentality so important to the religious that this is both overlooked and, in many religions, encouraged? All the statistics in the world about the religious being, on average, less intelligent than non-religious are overlooked or outright discarded by the religious. Quote these statistics, and they get their noses bent out of shape... Conversely, the most perverse among the religious with a penchant for looking down their "moral" noses at others will cling tenaciously to test score statistics and boast their superiority. Tell them about the disparity between population demographics in free society and the demographics in prison, and they will summarily dismiss it, out of hand. They can't accept that the "moral" christians could possibly be the more immoral or criminally leaning, but they can pronounce moral or human value judgment upon race or ethnicity without batting an eyelash.

Organizations such as the KKK, "Christian Identity," and other white supremacist groups make an extremely sad statement, but it's not just the "extremists" that are so blatantly UN-christ like... Is this what racist low-lifes take away from the NT? In all the bible reading I've ever done, I never read a single passage or verse that even HINTED at promoting prejudice according to race.

This twisted perception of superiority is beyond sickening. Thus, the following question:

Why do christians act so "morally superior," and argue for "objective" morality, when they can neither define that which "never changes," nor implement that which they claim as a superior morality in their own lives?

Mahatma Ghandi may have been very sincere. He may have been, in many respects, an admirable person.
But he did not know Christ, did not bow to and worship Christ, did not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and did not trust in and believe on Christ. Therefore, Ghandi is in Hell right now, and will be forever under the wrath of God.

This is exactly the type of tribal mentality to which I was referring... You honestly believe that an human being as humanitarian and HUMBLE as Ghandi is in eternal torment of fire, because he did not pray to your god? If he is in hell, what kind of hell do you think awaits the members of the organizations mentioned above?

The same fate awaitseveryone who does not know Christ, does not bow to and worship Christ, and does not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and trust in and believe on Christ.

It's idiots like you that give decent theists a bad name.
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 5:52:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/26/2014 5:04:02 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/26/2014 4:29:02 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Ghandi

Why is it that religion (especially christianity) breeds such low-class attitudes, like racism? What is it that makes someone believe that they "have gawd" or have "found christ," while at the same time disparaging of their fellow man on such superficial basis? It makes me sick to death to hear people claim adherence to a religion of "love," while propagating poorly formed excuses to look down their ignorant noses at people born of a different appearance.

This is what is supposed to be the source of "morality?" It's moral to use religious premises to oppress other humans on the basis of skin color? This doesn't even take into consideration all the other prejudices that are directly induced by christianity, but the fact of the matter is that religion is used as an excuse to justify prejudices more than any other reason, ever.

Religious zealots quote skewed demographic statistics to justify their belief that it "just the facts," and completely overlook the fact that the vast majority of these statistics are CREATED by the history of christian racism handed down from the days of early american culture.

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Is the tribal mentality so important to the religious that this is both overlooked and, in many religions, encouraged? All the statistics in the world about the religious being, on average, less intelligent than non-religious are overlooked or outright discarded by the religious. Quote these statistics, and they get their noses bent out of shape... Conversely, the most perverse among the religious with a penchant for looking down their "moral" noses at others will cling tenaciously to test score statistics and boast their superiority. Tell them about the disparity between population demographics in free society and the demographics in prison, and they will summarily dismiss it, out of hand. They can't accept that the "moral" christians could possibly be the more immoral or criminally leaning, but they can pronounce moral or human value judgment upon race or ethnicity without batting an eyelash.

Organizations such as the KKK, "Christian Identity," and other white supremacist groups make an extremely sad statement, but it's not just the "extremists" that are so blatantly UN-christ like... Is this what racist low-lifes take away from the NT? In all the bible reading I've ever done, I never read a single passage or verse that even HINTED at promoting prejudice according to race.

This twisted perception of superiority is beyond sickening. Thus, the following question:

Why do christians act so "morally superior," and argue for "objective" morality, when they can neither define that which "never changes," nor implement that which they claim as a superior morality in their own lives?

Mahatma Ghandi may have been very sincere. He may have been, in many respects, an admirable person.
But he did not know Christ, did not bow to and worship Christ, did not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and did not trust in and believe on Christ. Therefore, Ghandi is in Hell right now, and will be forever under the wrath of God.

The same fate awaitseveryone who does not know Christ, does not bow to and worship Christ, and does not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and trust in and believe on Christ.

So a two year old who doesn't have parents could die and go to hell because he didn't know God?
LostintheEcho1498
Posts: 234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 8:15:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/26/2014 5:42:14 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 8/26/2014 5:04:02 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/26/2014 4:29:02 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Ghandi

Why is it that religion (especially christianity) breeds such low-class attitudes, like racism? What is it that makes someone believe that they "have gawd" or have "found christ," while at the same time disparaging of their fellow man on such superficial basis? It makes me sick to death to hear people claim adherence to a religion of "love," while propagating poorly formed excuses to look down their ignorant noses at people born of a different appearance.

This is what is supposed to be the source of "morality?" It's moral to use religious premises to oppress other humans on the basis of skin color? This doesn't even take into consideration all the other prejudices that are directly induced by christianity, but the fact of the matter is that religion is used as an excuse to justify prejudices more than any other reason, ever.

Religious zealots quote skewed demographic statistics to justify their belief that it "just the facts," and completely overlook the fact that the vast majority of these statistics are CREATED by the history of christian racism handed down from the days of early american culture.

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Is the tribal mentality so important to the religious that this is both overlooked and, in many religions, encouraged? All the statistics in the world about the religious being, on average, less intelligent than non-religious are overlooked or outright discarded by the religious. Quote these statistics, and they get their noses bent out of shape... Conversely, the most perverse among the religious with a penchant for looking down their "moral" noses at others will cling tenaciously to test score statistics and boast their superiority. Tell them about the disparity between population demographics in free society and the demographics in prison, and they will summarily dismiss it, out of hand. They can't accept that the "moral" christians could possibly be the more immoral or criminally leaning, but they can pronounce moral or human value judgment upon race or ethnicity without batting an eyelash.

Organizations such as the KKK, "Christian Identity," and other white supremacist groups make an extremely sad statement, but it's not just the "extremists" that are so blatantly UN-christ like... Is this what racist low-lifes take away from the NT? In all the bible reading I've ever done, I never read a single passage or verse that even HINTED at promoting prejudice according to race.

This twisted perception of superiority is beyond sickening. Thus, the following question:

Why do christians act so "morally superior," and argue for "objective" morality, when they can neither define that which "never changes," nor implement that which they claim as a superior morality in their own lives?

Mahatma Ghandi may have been very sincere. He may have been, in many respects, an admirable person.
But he did not know Christ, did not bow to and worship Christ, did not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and did not trust in and believe on Christ. Therefore, Ghandi is in Hell right now, and will be forever under the wrath of God.

This is exactly the type of tribal mentality to which I was referring... You honestly believe that an human being as humanitarian and HUMBLE as Ghandi is in eternal torment of fire, because he did not pray to your god? If he is in hell, what kind of hell do you think awaits the members of the organizations mentioned above?

The same fate awaitseveryone who does not know Christ, does not bow to and worship Christ, and does not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and trust in and believe on Christ.

It's idiots like you that give decent theists a bad name.

I have to agree with you here irreverent. I am personally very religious and people who promise fire and brimstone for not accepting Christ is completely ridiculous and quite plainly I think it is why atheists have an issue with Christians as a whole. The only way to go to Hell is through two things. Having a full and complete understanding of His true gospel. Then, when in the afterlife, you deny this gospel. In my personal opinion, when Gandhi was looking Jesus in the face that quote only makes it better for him. He believed in the Christ and his teachings and was one of the best followers of his teachings, despite not being christian. I have no doubt that he will be in Heaven and I am excited to meet him there.
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 9:27:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/26/2014 8:15:33 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
At 8/26/2014 5:42:14 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 8/26/2014 5:04:02 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/26/2014 4:29:02 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Ghandi

Why is it that religion (especially christianity) breeds such low-class attitudes, like racism? What is it that makes someone believe that they "have gawd" or have "found christ," while at the same time disparaging of their fellow man on such superficial basis? It makes me sick to death to hear people claim adherence to a religion of "love," while propagating poorly formed excuses to look down their ignorant noses at people born of a different appearance.

This is what is supposed to be the source of "morality?" It's moral to use religious premises to oppress other humans on the basis of skin color? This doesn't even take into consideration all the other prejudices that are directly induced by christianity, but the fact of the matter is that religion is used as an excuse to justify prejudices more than any other reason, ever.

Religious zealots quote skewed demographic statistics to justify their belief that it "just the facts," and completely overlook the fact that the vast majority of these statistics are CREATED by the history of christian racism handed down from the days of early american culture.

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Is the tribal mentality so important to the religious that this is both overlooked and, in many religions, encouraged? All the statistics in the world about the religious being, on average, less intelligent than non-religious are overlooked or outright discarded by the religious. Quote these statistics, and they get their noses bent out of shape... Conversely, the most perverse among the religious with a penchant for looking down their "moral" noses at others will cling tenaciously to test score statistics and boast their superiority. Tell them about the disparity between population demographics in free society and the demographics in prison, and they will summarily dismiss it, out of hand. They can't accept that the "moral" christians could possibly be the more immoral or criminally leaning, but they can pronounce moral or human value judgment upon race or ethnicity without batting an eyelash.

Organizations such as the KKK, "Christian Identity," and other white supremacist groups make an extremely sad statement, but it's not just the "extremists" that are so blatantly UN-christ like... Is this what racist low-lifes take away from the NT? In all the bible reading I've ever done, I never read a single passage or verse that even HINTED at promoting prejudice according to race.

This twisted perception of superiority is beyond sickening. Thus, the following question:

Why do christians act so "morally superior," and argue for "objective" morality, when they can neither define that which "never changes," nor implement that which they claim as a superior morality in their own lives?

Mahatma Ghandi may have been very sincere. He may have been, in many respects, an admirable person.
But he did not know Christ, did not bow to and worship Christ, did not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and did not trust in and believe on Christ. Therefore, Ghandi is in Hell right now, and will be forever under the wrath of God.

This is exactly the type of tribal mentality to which I was referring... You honestly believe that an human being as humanitarian and HUMBLE as Ghandi is in eternal torment of fire, because he did not pray to your god? If he is in hell, what kind of hell do you think awaits the members of the organizations mentioned above?

The same fate awaitseveryone who does not know Christ, does not bow to and worship Christ, and does not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and trust in and believe on Christ.

It's idiots like you that give decent theists a bad name.

I have to agree with you here irreverent. I am personally very religious and people who promise fire and brimstone for not accepting Christ is completely ridiculous and quite plainly I think it is why atheists have an issue with Christians as a whole. The only way to go to Hell is through two things. Having a full and complete understanding of His true gospel. Then, when in the afterlife, you deny this gospel. In my personal opinion, when Gandhi was looking Jesus in the face that quote only makes it better for him. He believed in the Christ and his teachings and was one of the best followers of his teachings, despite not being christian. I have no doubt that he will be in Heaven and I am excited to meet him there.

Well, if you die without faith in Christ, you will meet Mahatma Ghandi in Hell.

Christ said:
"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6)

There are not many ways to God, there is only one way -- through the blood and righteousness of Christ.

If you leave this world without faith in his blood and in his righteousness as your only acceptance with God, you will spend eternity under the wrath of God.

It's Christ or Hell.

There is no other hope for a sinner, but IN CHRIST, there is ABUNDANT MERCY!

"For You, Lord are good and ready to forgive, and abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You." (Psalm 86:5)
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 9:40:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/26/2014 9:27:05 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/26/2014 8:15:33 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
At 8/26/2014 5:42:14 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 8/26/2014 5:04:02 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/26/2014 4:29:02 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Ghandi

Why is it that religion (especially christianity) breeds such low-class attitudes, like racism? What is it that makes someone believe that they "have gawd" or have "found christ," while at the same time disparaging of their fellow man on such superficial basis? It makes me sick to death to hear people claim adherence to a religion of "love," while propagating poorly formed excuses to look down their ignorant noses at people born of a different appearance.

This is what is supposed to be the source of "morality?" It's moral to use religious premises to oppress other humans on the basis of skin color? This doesn't even take into consideration all the other prejudices that are directly induced by christianity, but the fact of the matter is that religion is used as an excuse to justify prejudices more than any other reason, ever.

Religious zealots quote skewed demographic statistics to justify their belief that it "just the facts," and completely overlook the fact that the vast majority of these statistics are CREATED by the history of christian racism handed down from the days of early american culture.

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Is the tribal mentality so important to the religious that this is both overlooked and, in many religions, encouraged? All the statistics in the world about the religious being, on average, less intelligent than non-religious are overlooked or outright discarded by the religious. Quote these statistics, and they get their noses bent out of shape... Conversely, the most perverse among the religious with a penchant for looking down their "moral" noses at others will cling tenaciously to test score statistics and boast their superiority. Tell them about the disparity between population demographics in free society and the demographics in prison, and they will summarily dismiss it, out of hand. They can't accept that the "moral" christians could possibly be the more immoral or criminally leaning, but they can pronounce moral or human value judgment upon race or ethnicity without batting an eyelash.

Organizations such as the KKK, "Christian Identity," and other white supremacist groups make an extremely sad statement, but it's not just the "extremists" that are so blatantly UN-christ like... Is this what racist low-lifes take away from the NT? In all the bible reading I've ever done, I never read a single passage or verse that even HINTED at promoting prejudice according to race.

This twisted perception of superiority is beyond sickening. Thus, the following question:

Why do christians act so "morally superior," and argue for "objective" morality, when they can neither define that which "never changes," nor implement that which they claim as a superior morality in their own lives?

Mahatma Ghandi may have been very sincere. He may have been, in many respects, an admirable person.
But he did not know Christ, did not bow to and worship Christ, did not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and did not trust in and believe on Christ. Therefore, Ghandi is in Hell right now, and will be forever under the wrath of God.

This is exactly the type of tribal mentality to which I was referring... You honestly believe that an human being as humanitarian and HUMBLE as Ghandi is in eternal torment of fire, because he did not pray to your god? If he is in hell, what kind of hell do you think awaits the members of the organizations mentioned above?

The same fate awaitseveryone who does not know Christ, does not bow to and worship Christ, and does not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and trust in and believe on Christ.

It's idiots like you that give decent theists a bad name.

I have to agree with you here irreverent. I am personally very religious and people who promise fire and brimstone for not accepting Christ is completely ridiculous and quite plainly I think it is why atheists have an issue with Christians as a whole. The only way to go to Hell is through two things. Having a full and complete understanding of His true gospel. Then, when in the afterlife, you deny this gospel. In my personal opinion, when Gandhi was looking Jesus in the face that quote only makes it better for him. He believed in the Christ and his teachings and was one of the best followers of his teachings, despite not being christian. I have no doubt that he will be in Heaven and I am excited to meet him there.

Well, if you die without faith in Christ, you will meet Mahatma Ghandi in Hell.

Christ said:
"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6)

There are not many ways to God, there is only one way -- through the blood and righteousness of Christ.

If you leave this world without faith in his blood and in his righteousness as your only acceptance with God, you will spend eternity under the wrath of God.

It's Christ or Hell.

There is no other hope for a sinner, but IN CHRIST, there is ABUNDANT MERCY!

"For You, Lord are good and ready to forgive, and abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You." (Psalm 86:5)

Who said he is the truth and the way and the light?

"The good shepherd, the lamb of God, the bread of life, the son of man, the Word, the fisher, the winnower." - Horus AND Jesus

And Horus was 1,000 years before Christ was even born.

Also, why are we going to hell if Christ died for our sins? Are you saying that Christ was not all powerful and that his sacrifice was in vein? Did he die for nothing?
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 9:43:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/26/2014 9:27:05 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/26/2014 8:15:33 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
At 8/26/2014 5:42:14 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 8/26/2014 5:04:02 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/26/2014 4:29:02 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Ghandi

Why is it that religion (especially christianity) breeds such low-class attitudes, like racism? What is it that makes someone believe that they "have gawd" or have "found christ," while at the same time disparaging of their fellow man on such superficial basis? It makes me sick to death to hear people claim adherence to a religion of "love," while propagating poorly formed excuses to look down their ignorant noses at people born of a different appearance.

This is what is supposed to be the source of "morality?" It's moral to use religious premises to oppress other humans on the basis of skin color? This doesn't even take into consideration all the other prejudices that are directly induced by christianity, but the fact of the matter is that religion is used as an excuse to justify prejudices more than any other reason, ever.

Religious zealots quote skewed demographic statistics to justify their belief that it "just the facts," and completely overlook the fact that the vast majority of these statistics are CREATED by the history of christian racism handed down from the days of early american culture.

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Is the tribal mentality so important to the religious that this is both overlooked and, in many religions, encouraged? All the statistics in the world about the religious being, on average, less intelligent than non-religious are overlooked or outright discarded by the religious. Quote these statistics, and they get their noses bent out of shape... Conversely, the most perverse among the religious with a penchant for looking down their "moral" noses at others will cling tenaciously to test score statistics and boast their superiority. Tell them about the disparity between population demographics in free society and the demographics in prison, and they will summarily dismiss it, out of hand. They can't accept that the "moral" christians could possibly be the more immoral or criminally leaning, but they can pronounce moral or human value judgment upon race or ethnicity without batting an eyelash.

Organizations such as the KKK, "Christian Identity," and other white supremacist groups make an extremely sad statement, but it's not just the "extremists" that are so blatantly UN-christ like... Is this what racist low-lifes take away from the NT? In all the bible reading I've ever done, I never read a single passage or verse that even HINTED at promoting prejudice according to race.

This twisted perception of superiority is beyond sickening. Thus, the following question:

Why do christians act so "morally superior," and argue for "objective" morality, when they can neither define that which "never changes," nor implement that which they claim as a superior morality in their own lives?

Mahatma Ghandi may have been very sincere. He may have been, in many respects, an admirable person.
But he did not know Christ, did not bow to and worship Christ, did not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and did not trust in and believe on Christ. Therefore, Ghandi is in Hell right now, and will be forever under the wrath of God.

This is exactly the type of tribal mentality to which I was referring... You honestly believe that an human being as humanitarian and HUMBLE as Ghandi is in eternal torment of fire, because he did not pray to your god? If he is in hell, what kind of hell do you think awaits the members of the organizations mentioned above?

The same fate awaitseveryone who does not know Christ, does not bow to and worship Christ, and does not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and trust in and believe on Christ.

It's idiots like you that give decent theists a bad name.

I have to agree with you here irreverent. I am personally very religious and people who promise fire and brimstone for not accepting Christ is completely ridiculous and quite plainly I think it is why atheists have an issue with Christians as a whole. The only way to go to Hell is through two things. Having a full and complete understanding of His true gospel. Then, when in the afterlife, you deny this gospel. In my personal opinion, when Gandhi was looking Jesus in the face that quote only makes it better for him. He believed in the Christ and his teachings and was one of the best followers of his teachings, despite not being christian. I have no doubt that he will be in Heaven and I am excited to meet him there.

Well, if you die without faith in Christ, you will meet Mahatma Ghandi in Hell.

So it does not matter how good of a person they are, if they don't believe in your god, they will suffer?

Christ said:
"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6)

There are not many ways to God, there is only one way -- through the blood and righteousness of Christ.

If you leave this world without faith in his blood and in his righteousness as your only acceptance with God, you will spend eternity under the wrath of God.

It's Christ or Hell.

There is no other hope for a sinner, but IN CHRIST, there is ABUNDANT MERCY!

"For You, Lord are good and ready to forgive, and abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You." (Psalm 86:5)
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 9:48:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/26/2014 9:43:44 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 8/26/2014 9:27:05 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/26/2014 8:15:33 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
At 8/26/2014 5:42:14 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 8/26/2014 5:04:02 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/26/2014 4:29:02 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Ghandi

Why is it that religion (especially christianity) breeds such low-class attitudes, like racism? What is it that makes someone believe that they "have gawd" or have "found christ," while at the same time disparaging of their fellow man on such superficial basis? It makes me sick to death to hear people claim adherence to a religion of "love," while propagating poorly formed excuses to look down their ignorant noses at people born of a different appearance.

This is what is supposed to be the source of "morality?" It's moral to use religious premises to oppress other humans on the basis of skin color? This doesn't even take into consideration all the other prejudices that are directly induced by christianity, but the fact of the matter is that religion is used as an excuse to justify prejudices more than any other reason, ever.

Religious zealots quote skewed demographic statistics to justify their belief that it "just the facts," and completely overlook the fact that the vast majority of these statistics are CREATED by the history of christian racism handed down from the days of early american culture.

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Is the tribal mentality so important to the religious that this is both overlooked and, in many religions, encouraged? All the statistics in the world about the religious being, on average, less intelligent than non-religious are overlooked or outright discarded by the religious. Quote these statistics, and they get their noses bent out of shape... Conversely, the most perverse among the religious with a penchant for looking down their "moral" noses at others will cling tenaciously to test score statistics and boast their superiority. Tell them about the disparity between population demographics in free society and the demographics in prison, and they will summarily dismiss it, out of hand. They can't accept that the "moral" christians could possibly be the more immoral or criminally leaning, but they can pronounce moral or human value judgment upon race or ethnicity without batting an eyelash.

Organizations such as the KKK, "Christian Identity," and other white supremacist groups make an extremely sad statement, but it's not just the "extremists" that are so blatantly UN-christ like... Is this what racist low-lifes take away from the NT? In all the bible reading I've ever done, I never read a single passage or verse that even HINTED at promoting prejudice according to race.

This twisted perception of superiority is beyond sickening. Thus, the following question:

Why do christians act so "morally superior," and argue for "objective" morality, when they can neither define that which "never changes," nor implement that which they claim as a superior morality in their own lives?

Mahatma Ghandi may have been very sincere. He may have been, in many respects, an admirable person.
But he did not know Christ, did not bow to and worship Christ, did not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and did not trust in and believe on Christ. Therefore, Ghandi is in Hell right now, and will be forever under the wrath of God.

This is exactly the type of tribal mentality to which I was referring... You honestly believe that an human being as humanitarian and HUMBLE as Ghandi is in eternal torment of fire, because he did not pray to your god? If he is in hell, what kind of hell do you think awaits the members of the organizations mentioned above?

The same fate awaitseveryone who does not know Christ, does not bow to and worship Christ, and does not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and trust in and believe on Christ.

It's idiots like you that give decent theists a bad name.

I have to agree with you here irreverent. I am personally very religious and people who promise fire and brimstone for not accepting Christ is completely ridiculous and quite plainly I think it is why atheists have an issue with Christians as a whole. The only way to go to Hell is through two things. Having a full and complete understanding of His true gospel. Then, when in the afterlife, you deny this gospel. In my personal opinion, when Gandhi was looking Jesus in the face that quote only makes it better for him. He believed in the Christ and his teachings and was one of the best followers of his teachings, despite not being christian. I have no doubt that he will be in Heaven and I am excited to meet him there.

Well, if you die without faith in Christ, you will meet Mahatma Ghandi in Hell.

So it does not matter how good of a person they are, if they don't believe in your god, they will suffer?

No matter how good a person is, if they do not know Christ, do not bow to and worship Christ, do not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and trust in and believe on Christ, they will be cast into Hell by Christ himself, and they will spend an eternity in Hell.

AGAIN:

Christ said:
"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6)

There are not many ways to God, there is only one way -- through the blood and righteousness of Christ.

If you leave this world without faith in his blood and in his righteousness as your only acceptance with God, you will spend eternity under the wrath of God.

It's Christ or Hell.

There is no other hope for a sinner, but IN CHRIST, there is ABUNDANT MERCY!

"For You, Lord are good and ready to forgive, and abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You." (Psalm 86:5)
irreverent_god
Posts: 1,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 10:00:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/26/2014 8:15:33 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
At 8/26/2014 5:42:14 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 8/26/2014 5:04:02 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/26/2014 4:29:02 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Ghandi

Why is it that religion (especially christianity) breeds such low-class attitudes, like racism? What is it that makes someone believe that they "have gawd" or have "found christ," while at the same time disparaging of their fellow man on such superficial basis? It makes me sick to death to hear people claim adherence to a religion of "love," while propagating poorly formed excuses to look down their ignorant noses at people born of a different appearance.

This is what is supposed to be the source of "morality?" It's moral to use religious premises to oppress other humans on the basis of skin color? This doesn't even take into consideration all the other prejudices that are directly induced by christianity, but the fact of the matter is that religion is used as an excuse to justify prejudices more than any other reason, ever.

Religious zealots quote skewed demographic statistics to justify their belief that it "just the facts," and completely overlook the fact that the vast majority of these statistics are CREATED by the history of christian racism handed down from the days of early american culture.

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Is the tribal mentality so important to the religious that this is both overlooked and, in many religions, encouraged? All the statistics in the world about the religious being, on average, less intelligent than non-religious are overlooked or outright discarded by the religious. Quote these statistics, and they get their noses bent out of shape... Conversely, the most perverse among the religious with a penchant for looking down their "moral" noses at others will cling tenaciously to test score statistics and boast their superiority. Tell them about the disparity between population demographics in free society and the demographics in prison, and they will summarily dismiss it, out of hand. They can't accept that the "moral" christians could possibly be the more immoral or criminally leaning, but they can pronounce moral or human value judgment upon race or ethnicity without batting an eyelash.

Organizations such as the KKK, "Christian Identity," and other white supremacist groups make an extremely sad statement, but it's not just the "extremists" that are so blatantly UN-christ like... Is this what racist low-lifes take away from the NT? In all the bible reading I've ever done, I never read a single passage or verse that even HINTED at promoting prejudice according to race.

This twisted perception of superiority is beyond sickening. Thus, the following question:

Why do christians act so "morally superior," and argue for "objective" morality, when they can neither define that which "never changes," nor implement that which they claim as a superior morality in their own lives?

Mahatma Ghandi may have been very sincere. He may have been, in many respects, an admirable person.
But he did not know Christ, did not bow to and worship Christ, did not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and did not trust in and believe on Christ. Therefore, Ghandi is in Hell right now, and will be forever under the wrath of God.

This is exactly the type of tribal mentality to which I was referring... You honestly believe that an human being as humanitarian and HUMBLE as Ghandi is in eternal torment of fire, because he did not pray to your god? If he is in hell, what kind of hell do you think awaits the members of the organizations mentioned above?

The same fate awaitseveryone who does not know Christ, does not bow to and worship Christ, and does not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and trust in and believe on Christ.

It's idiots like you that give decent theists a bad name.

I have to agree with you here irreverent. I am personally very religious and people who promise fire and brimstone for not accepting Christ is completely ridiculous and quite plainly I think it is why atheists have an issue with Christians as a whole. The only way to go to Hell is through two things. Having a full and complete understanding of His true gospel. Then, when in the afterlife, you deny this gospel. In my personal opinion, when Gandhi was looking Jesus in the face that quote only makes it better for him. He believed in the Christ and his teachings and was one of the best followers of his teachings, despite not being christian. I have no doubt that he will be in Heaven and I am excited to meet him there.

With such a thoughtful and obviously heartfelt response, I wish I could say, "Good luck!" Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your view), I cannot, in good conscience. For the moment, I'll simply thank you for your thoughts on the matter, and wish you a very good night.
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 10:15:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/26/2014 4:29:02 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Ghandi

Why is it that religion (especially christianity) breeds such low-class attitudes, like racism? What is it that makes someone believe that they "have gawd" or have "found christ," while at the same time disparaging of their fellow man on such superficial basis? It makes me sick to death to hear people claim adherence to a religion of "love," while propagating poorly formed excuses to look down their ignorant noses at people born of a different appearance.

This is what is supposed to be the source of "morality?" It's moral to use religious premises to oppress other humans on the basis of skin color? This doesn't even take into consideration all the other prejudices that are directly induced by christianity, but the fact of the matter is that religion is used as an excuse to justify prejudices more than any other reason, ever.

Religious zealots quote skewed demographic statistics to justify their belief that it "just the facts," and completely overlook the fact that the vast majority of these statistics are CREATED by the history of christian racism handed down from the days of early american culture.

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Is the tribal mentality so important to the religious that this is both overlooked and, in many religions, encouraged? All the statistics in the world about the religious being, on average, less intelligent than non-religious are overlooked or outright discarded by the religious. Quote these statistics, and they get their noses bent out of shape... Conversely, the most perverse among the religious with a penchant for looking down their "moral" noses at others will cling tenaciously to test score statistics and boast their superiority. Tell them about the disparity between population demographics in free society and the demographics in prison, and they will summarily dismiss it, out of hand. They can't accept that the "moral" christians could possibly be the more immoral or criminally leaning, but they can pronounce moral or human value judgment upon race or ethnicity without batting an eyelash.

Organizations such as the KKK, "Christian Identity," and other white supremacist groups make an extremely sad statement, but it's not just the "extremists" that are so blatantly UN-christ like... Is this what racist low-lifes take away from the NT? In all the bible reading I've ever done, I never read a single passage or verse that even HINTED at promoting prejudice according to race.

This twisted perception of superiority is beyond sickening. Thus, the following question:

Why do christians act so "morally superior," and argue for "objective" morality, when they can neither define that which "never changes," nor implement that which they claim as a superior morality in their own lives?

Indeed, I'll take off my klansmen costume now.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 10:30:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/26/2014 4:29:02 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Ghandi

Why is it that religion (especially christianity) breeds such low-class attitudes, like racism? What is it that makes someone believe that they "have gawd" or have "found christ," while at the same time disparaging of their fellow man on such superficial basis? It makes me sick to death to hear people claim adherence to a religion of "love," while propagating poorly formed excuses to look down their ignorant noses at people born of a different appearance.

This is what is supposed to be the source of "morality?" It's moral to use religious premises to oppress other humans on the basis of skin color? This doesn't even take into consideration all the other prejudices that are directly induced by christianity, but the fact of the matter is that religion is used as an excuse to justify prejudices more than any other reason, ever.

Religious zealots quote skewed demographic statistics to justify their belief that it "just the facts," and completely overlook the fact that the vast majority of these statistics are CREATED by the history of christian racism handed down from the days of early american culture.

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Is the tribal mentality so important to the religious that this is both overlooked and, in many religions, encouraged? All the statistics in the world about the religious being, on average, less intelligent than non-religious are overlooked or outright discarded by the religious. Quote these statistics, and they get their noses bent out of shape... Conversely, the most perverse among the religious with a penchant for looking down their "moral" noses at others will cling tenaciously to test score statistics and boast their superiority. Tell them about the disparity between population demographics in free society and the demographics in prison, and they will summarily dismiss it, out of hand. They can't accept that the "moral" christians could possibly be the more immoral or criminally leaning, but they can pronounce moral or human value judgment upon race or ethnicity without batting an eyelash.

Organizations such as the KKK, "Christian Identity," and other white supremacist groups make an extremely sad statement, but it's not just the "extremists" that are so blatantly UN-christ like... Is this what racist low-lifes take away from the NT? In all the bible reading I've ever done, I never read a single passage or verse that even HINTED at promoting prejudice according to race.

This twisted perception of superiority is beyond sickening. Thus, the following question:

Why do christians act so "morally superior," and argue for "objective" morality, when they can neither define that which "never changes," nor implement that which they claim as a superior morality in their own lives?

Let's review what Irreverant has accomplished here today.
He:
1. Made an assessment of all Christians off the Ku Klux Klan and other racist groups.
2. He quoted a Hindu to make a final evaluation on Christians.
3. He proved that his source news organization has a strong Anti-Christian bias.
4. Forgot to mention how enlightened atheism (yes, Anti-Theism is an offshoot of atheism) caused the deaths of countless religious people.

And you wonder why I consider you a troll...
Good night and may your account be closed soon.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
irreverent_god
Posts: 1,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 1:00:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/26/2014 10:30:06 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/26/2014 4:29:02 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Ghandi

Why is it that religion (especially christianity) breeds such low-class attitudes, like racism? What is it that makes someone believe that they "have gawd" or have "found christ," while at the same time disparaging of their fellow man on such superficial basis? It makes me sick to death to hear people claim adherence to a religion of "love," while propagating poorly formed excuses to look down their ignorant noses at people born of a different appearance.

This is what is supposed to be the source of "morality?" It's moral to use religious premises to oppress other humans on the basis of skin color? This doesn't even take into consideration all the other prejudices that are directly induced by christianity, but the fact of the matter is that religion is used as an excuse to justify prejudices more than any other reason, ever.

Religious zealots quote skewed demographic statistics to justify their belief that it "just the facts," and completely overlook the fact that the vast majority of these statistics are CREATED by the history of christian racism handed down from the days of early american culture.

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Is the tribal mentality so important to the religious that this is both overlooked and, in many religions, encouraged? All the statistics in the world about the religious being, on average, less intelligent than non-religious are overlooked or outright discarded by the religious. Quote these statistics, and they get their noses bent out of shape... Conversely, the most perverse among the religious with a penchant for looking down their "moral" noses at others will cling tenaciously to test score statistics and boast their superiority. Tell them about the disparity between population demographics in free society and the demographics in prison, and they will summarily dismiss it, out of hand. They can't accept that the "moral" christians could possibly be the more immoral or criminally leaning, but they can pronounce moral or human value judgment upon race or ethnicity without batting an eyelash.

Organizations such as the KKK, "Christian Identity," and other white supremacist groups make an extremely sad statement, but it's not just the "extremists" that are so blatantly UN-christ like... Is this what racist low-lifes take away from the NT? In all the bible reading I've ever done, I never read a single passage or verse that even HINTED at promoting prejudice according to race.

This twisted perception of superiority is beyond sickening. Thus, the following question:

Why do christians act so "morally superior," and argue for "objective" morality, when they can neither define that which "never changes," nor implement that which they claim as a superior morality in their own lives?

Let's review what Irreverant has accomplished here today.
He:
1. Made an assessment of all Christians off the Ku Klux Klan and other racist groups.
Incorrect. KKK was an example of the extreme, not the assessment of the whole. Nice try, though.
2. He quoted a Hindu to make a final evaluation on Christians.
And the only opinion of christianity that counts is that of christians, right? Moron.
3. He proved that his source news organization has a strong Anti-Christian bias.
That was simply one link available among many. The anti-christian bias is my own.
4. Forgot to mention how enlightened atheism (yes, Anti-Theism is an offshoot of atheism) caused the deaths of countless religious people.
I see offering facts in support is not your style...

And you wonder why I consider you a troll...
I don't care whether or why... I see also that you offered no rebuttal or contradiction. Only whining and sniveling about unfairness that you inferred, but never actually stated.
Good night and may your account be closed soon.

As your mind is, already?
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 1:17:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/26/2014 9:40:27 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 8/26/2014 9:27:05 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/26/2014 8:15:33 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
At 8/26/2014 5:42:14 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 8/26/2014 5:04:02 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/26/2014 4:29:02 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Ghandi

Why is it that religion (especially christianity) breeds such low-class attitudes, like racism? What is it that makes someone believe that they "have gawd" or have "found christ," while at the same time disparaging of their fellow man on such superficial basis? It makes me sick to death to hear people claim adherence to a religion of "love," while propagating poorly formed excuses to look down their ignorant noses at people born of a different appearance.

This is what is supposed to be the source of "morality?" It's moral to use religious premises to oppress other humans on the basis of skin color? This doesn't even take into consideration all the other prejudices that are directly induced by christianity, but the fact of the matter is that religion is used as an excuse to justify prejudices more than any other reason, ever.

Religious zealots quote skewed demographic statistics to justify their belief that it "just the facts," and completely overlook the fact that the vast majority of these statistics are CREATED by the history of christian racism handed down from the days of early american culture.

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Is the tribal mentality so important to the religious that this is both overlooked and, in many religions, encouraged? All the statistics in the world about the religious being, on average, less intelligent than non-religious are overlooked or outright discarded by the religious. Quote these statistics, and they get their noses bent out of shape... Conversely, the most perverse among the religious with a penchant for looking down their "moral" noses at others will cling tenaciously to test score statistics and boast their superiority. Tell them about the disparity between population demographics in free society and the demographics in prison, and they will summarily dismiss it, out of hand. They can't accept that the "moral" christians could possibly be the more immoral or criminally leaning, but they can pronounce moral or human value judgment upon race or ethnicity without batting an eyelash.

Organizations such as the KKK, "Christian Identity," and other white supremacist groups make an extremely sad statement, but it's not just the "extremists" that are so blatantly UN-christ like... Is this what racist low-lifes take away from the NT? In all the bible reading I've ever done, I never read a single passage or verse that even HINTED at promoting prejudice according to race.

This twisted perception of superiority is beyond sickening. Thus, the following question:

Why do christians act so "morally superior," and argue for "objective" morality, when they can neither define that which "never changes," nor implement that which they claim as a superior morality in their own lives?

Mahatma Ghandi may have been very sincere. He may have been, in many respects, an admirable person.
But he did not know Christ, did not bow to and worship Christ, did not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and did not trust in and believe on Christ. Therefore, Ghandi is in Hell right now, and will be forever under the wrath of God.

This is exactly the type of tribal mentality to which I was referring... You honestly believe that an human being as humanitarian and HUMBLE as Ghandi is in eternal torment of fire, because he did not pray to your god? If he is in hell, what kind of hell do you think awaits the members of the organizations mentioned above?

The same fate awaitseveryone who does not know Christ, does not bow to and worship Christ, and does not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and trust in and believe on Christ.

It's idiots like you that give decent theists a bad name.

I have to agree with you here irreverent. I am personally very religious and people who promise fire and brimstone for not accepting Christ is completely ridiculous and quite plainly I think it is why atheists have an issue with Christians as a whole. The only way to go to Hell is through two things. Having a full and complete understanding of His true gospel. Then, when in the afterlife, you deny this gospel. In my personal opinion, when Gandhi was looking Jesus in the face that quote only makes it better for him. He believed in the Christ and his teachings and was one of the best followers of his teachings, despite not being christian. I have no doubt that he will be in Heaven and I am excited to meet him there.

Well, if you die without faith in Christ, you will meet Mahatma Ghandi in Hell.

Christ said:
"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6)

There are not many ways to God, there is only one way -- through the blood and righteousness of Christ.

If you leave this world without faith in his blood and in his righteousness as your only acceptance with God, you will spend eternity under the wrath of God.

It's Christ or Hell.

There is no other hope for a sinner, but IN CHRIST, there is ABUNDANT MERCY!

"For You, Lord are good and ready to forgive, and abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You." (Psalm 86:5)

Who said he is the truth and the way and the light?

"The good shepherd, the lamb of God, the bread of life, the son of man, the Word, the fisher, the winnower." - Horus AND Jesus

And Horus was 1,000 years before Christ was even born.

Also, why are we going to hell if Christ died for our sins? Are you saying that Christ was not all powerful and that his sacrifice was in vein? Did he die for nothing?

Christ did not die for everyone.

He died for all those who were given to him by the Father.

And he said:
"All that the Father gives me will come to me, and the one who comes to me I will by no means cast out." (John 6:37)
UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 7:39:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/26/2014 10:00:42 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 8/26/2014 8:15:33 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
At 8/26/2014 5:42:14 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 8/26/2014 5:04:02 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/26/2014 4:29:02 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Ghandi

Why is it that religion (especially christianity) breeds such low-class attitudes, like racism? What is it that makes someone believe that they "have gawd" or have "found christ," while at the same time disparaging of their fellow man on such superficial basis? It makes me sick to death to hear people claim adherence to a religion of "love," while propagating poorly formed excuses to look down their ignorant noses at people born of a different appearance.

This is what is supposed to be the source of "morality?" It's moral to use religious premises to oppress other humans on the basis of skin color? This doesn't even take into consideration all the other prejudices that are directly induced by christianity, but the fact of the matter is that religion is used as an excuse to justify prejudices more than any other reason, ever.

Religious zealots quote skewed demographic statistics to justify their belief that it "just the facts," and completely overlook the fact that the vast majority of these statistics are CREATED by the history of christian racism handed down from the days of early american culture.

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Is the tribal mentality so important to the religious that this is both overlooked and, in many religions, encouraged? All the statistics in the world about the religious being, on average, less intelligent than non-religious are overlooked or outright discarded by the religious. Quote these statistics, and they get their noses bent out of shape... Conversely, the most perverse among the religious with a penchant for looking down their "moral" noses at others will cling tenaciously to test score statistics and boast their superiority. Tell them about the disparity between population demographics in free society and the demographics in prison, and they will summarily dismiss it, out of hand. They can't accept that the "moral" christians could possibly be the more immoral or criminally leaning, but they can pronounce moral or human value judgment upon race or ethnicity without batting an eyelash.

Organizations such as the KKK, "Christian Identity," and other white supremacist groups make an extremely sad statement, but it's not just the "extremists" that are so blatantly UN-christ like... Is this what racist low-lifes take away from the NT? In all the bible reading I've ever done, I never read a single passage or verse that even HINTED at promoting prejudice according to race.

This twisted perception of superiority is beyond sickening. Thus, the following question:

Why do christians act so "morally superior," and argue for "objective" morality, when they can neither define that which "never changes," nor implement that which they claim as a superior morality in their own lives?

Mahatma Ghandi may have been very sincere. He may have been, in many respects, an admirable person.
But he did not know Christ, did not bow to and worship Christ, did not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and did not trust in and believe on Christ. Therefore, Ghandi is in Hell right now, and will be forever under the wrath of God.

This is exactly the type of tribal mentality to which I was referring... You honestly believe that an human being as humanitarian and HUMBLE as Ghandi is in eternal torment of fire, because he did not pray to your god? If he is in hell, what kind of hell do you think awaits the members of the organizations mentioned above?

The same fate awaitseveryone who does not know Christ, does not bow to and worship Christ, and does not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and trust in and believe on Christ.

It's idiots like you that give decent theists a bad name.

I have to agree with you here irreverent. I am personally very religious and people who promise fire and brimstone for not accepting Christ is completely ridiculous and quite plainly I think it is why atheists have an issue with Christians as a whole. The only way to go to Hell is through two things. Having a full and complete understanding of His true gospel. Then, when in the afterlife, you deny this gospel. In my personal opinion, when Gandhi was looking Jesus in the face that quote only makes it better for him. He believed in the Christ and his teachings and was one of the best followers of his teachings, despite not being christian. I have no doubt that he will be in Heaven and I am excited to meet him there.

With such a thoughtful and obviously heartfelt response, I wish I could say, "Good luck!" Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your view), I cannot, in good conscience. For the moment, I'll simply thank you for your thoughts on the matter, and wish you a very good night.

you have earned my respect
irreverent_god
Posts: 1,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 7:44:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/27/2014 7:39:33 AM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 8/26/2014 10:00:42 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 8/26/2014 8:15:33 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
At 8/26/2014 5:42:14 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 8/26/2014 5:04:02 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/26/2014 4:29:02 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Ghandi

Why is it that religion (especially christianity) breeds such low-class attitudes, like racism? What is it that makes someone believe that they "have gawd" or have "found christ," while at the same time disparaging of their fellow man on such superficial basis? It makes me sick to death to hear people claim adherence to a religion of "love," while propagating poorly formed excuses to look down their ignorant noses at people born of a different appearance.

This is what is supposed to be the source of "morality?" It's moral to use religious premises to oppress other humans on the basis of skin color? This doesn't even take into consideration all the other prejudices that are directly induced by christianity, but the fact of the matter is that religion is used as an excuse to justify prejudices more than any other reason, ever.

Religious zealots quote skewed demographic statistics to justify their belief that it "just the facts," and completely overlook the fact that the vast majority of these statistics are CREATED by the history of christian racism handed down from the days of early american culture.

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Is the tribal mentality so important to the religious that this is both overlooked and, in many religions, encouraged? All the statistics in the world about the religious being, on average, less intelligent than non-religious are overlooked or outright discarded by the religious. Quote these statistics, and they get their noses bent out of shape... Conversely, the most perverse among the religious with a penchant for looking down their "moral" noses at others will cling tenaciously to test score statistics and boast their superiority. Tell them about the disparity between population demographics in free society and the demographics in prison, and they will summarily dismiss it, out of hand. They can't accept that the "moral" christians could possibly be the more immoral or criminally leaning, but they can pronounce moral or human value judgment upon race or ethnicity without batting an eyelash.

Organizations such as the KKK, "Christian Identity," and other white supremacist groups make an extremely sad statement, but it's not just the "extremists" that are so blatantly UN-christ like... Is this what racist low-lifes take away from the NT? In all the bible reading I've ever done, I never read a single passage or verse that even HINTED at promoting prejudice according to race.

This twisted perception of superiority is beyond sickening. Thus, the following question:

Why do christians act so "morally superior," and argue for "objective" morality, when they can neither define that which "never changes," nor implement that which they claim as a superior morality in their own lives?

Mahatma Ghandi may have been very sincere. He may have been, in many respects, an admirable person.
But he did not know Christ, did not bow to and worship Christ, did not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and did not trust in and believe on Christ. Therefore, Ghandi is in Hell right now, and will be forever under the wrath of God.

This is exactly the type of tribal mentality to which I was referring... You honestly believe that an human being as humanitarian and HUMBLE as Ghandi is in eternal torment of fire, because he did not pray to your god? If he is in hell, what kind of hell do you think awaits the members of the organizations mentioned above?

The same fate awaitseveryone who does not know Christ, does not bow to and worship Christ, and does not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and trust in and believe on Christ.

It's idiots like you that give decent theists a bad name.

I have to agree with you here irreverent. I am personally very religious and people who promise fire and brimstone for not accepting Christ is completely ridiculous and quite plainly I think it is why atheists have an issue with Christians as a whole. The only way to go to Hell is through two things. Having a full and complete understanding of His true gospel. Then, when in the afterlife, you deny this gospel. In my personal opinion, when Gandhi was looking Jesus in the face that quote only makes it better for him. He believed in the Christ and his teachings and was one of the best followers of his teachings, despite not being christian. I have no doubt that he will be in Heaven and I am excited to meet him there.

With such a thoughtful and obviously heartfelt response, I wish I could say, "Good luck!" Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your view), I cannot, in good conscience. For the moment, I'll simply thank you for your thoughts on the matter, and wish you a very good night.

you have earned my respect

I thank you, for that.
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 5:50:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/27/2014 1:17:18 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/26/2014 9:40:27 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 8/26/2014 9:27:05 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/26/2014 8:15:33 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
At 8/26/2014 5:42:14 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
At 8/26/2014 5:04:02 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/26/2014 4:29:02 PM, irreverent_god wrote:
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Ghandi

Why is it that religion (especially christianity) breeds such low-class attitudes, like racism? What is it that makes someone believe that they "have gawd" or have "found christ," while at the same time disparaging of their fellow man on such superficial basis? It makes me sick to death to hear people claim adherence to a religion of "love," while propagating poorly formed excuses to look down their ignorant noses at people born of a different appearance.

This is what is supposed to be the source of "morality?" It's moral to use religious premises to oppress other humans on the basis of skin color? This doesn't even take into consideration all the other prejudices that are directly induced by christianity, but the fact of the matter is that religion is used as an excuse to justify prejudices more than any other reason, ever.

Religious zealots quote skewed demographic statistics to justify their belief that it "just the facts," and completely overlook the fact that the vast majority of these statistics are CREATED by the history of christian racism handed down from the days of early american culture.

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Is the tribal mentality so important to the religious that this is both overlooked and, in many religions, encouraged? All the statistics in the world about the religious being, on average, less intelligent than non-religious are overlooked or outright discarded by the religious. Quote these statistics, and they get their noses bent out of shape... Conversely, the most perverse among the religious with a penchant for looking down their "moral" noses at others will cling tenaciously to test score statistics and boast their superiority. Tell them about the disparity between population demographics in free society and the demographics in prison, and they will summarily dismiss it, out of hand. They can't accept that the "moral" christians could possibly be the more immoral or criminally leaning, but they can pronounce moral or human value judgment upon race or ethnicity without batting an eyelash.

Organizations such as the KKK, "Christian Identity," and other white supremacist groups make an extremely sad statement, but it's not just the "extremists" that are so blatantly UN-christ like... Is this what racist low-lifes take away from the NT? In all the bible reading I've ever done, I never read a single passage or verse that even HINTED at promoting prejudice according to race.

This twisted perception of superiority is beyond sickening. Thus, the following question:

Why do christians act so "morally superior," and argue for "objective" morality, when they can neither define that which "never changes," nor implement that which they claim as a superior morality in their own lives?

Mahatma Ghandi may have been very sincere. He may have been, in many respects, an admirable person.
But he did not know Christ, did not bow to and worship Christ, did not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and did not trust in and believe on Christ. Therefore, Ghandi is in Hell right now, and will be forever under the wrath of God.

This is exactly the type of tribal mentality to which I was referring... You honestly believe that an human being as humanitarian and HUMBLE as Ghandi is in eternal torment of fire, because he did not pray to your god? If he is in hell, what kind of hell do you think awaits the members of the organizations mentioned above?

The same fate awaitseveryone who does not know Christ, does not bow to and worship Christ, and does not confess to being nothing but a sinner in need of the atonement of Christ, and trust in and believe on Christ.

It's idiots like you that give decent theists a bad name.

I have to agree with you here irreverent. I am personally very religious and people who promise fire and brimstone for not accepting Christ is completely ridiculous and quite plainly I think it is why atheists have an issue with Christians as a whole. The only way to go to Hell is through two things. Having a full and complete understanding of His true gospel. Then, when in the afterlife, you deny this gospel. In my personal opinion, when Gandhi was looking Jesus in the face that quote only makes it better for him. He believed in the Christ and his teachings and was one of the best followers of his teachings, despite not being christian. I have no doubt that he will be in Heaven and I am excited to meet him there.

Well, if you die without faith in Christ, you will meet Mahatma Ghandi in Hell.

Christ said:
"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6)

There are not many ways to God, there is only one way -- through the blood and righteousness of Christ.

If you leave this world without faith in his blood and in his righteousness as your only acceptance with God, you will spend eternity under the wrath of God.

It's Christ or Hell.

There is no other hope for a sinner, but IN CHRIST, there is ABUNDANT MERCY!

"For You, Lord are good and ready to forgive, and abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You." (Psalm 86:5)

Who said he is the truth and the way and the light?

"The good shepherd, the lamb of God, the bread of life, the son of man, the Word, the fisher, the winnower." - Horus AND Jesus

And Horus was 1,000 years before Christ was even born.

Also, why are we going to hell if Christ died for our sins? Are you saying that Christ was not all powerful and that his sacrifice was in vein? Did he die for nothing?

Christ did not die for everyone.

He died for all those who were given to him by the Father.

And he said:
"All that the Father gives me will come to me, and the one who comes to me I will by no means cast out." (John 6:37)

Oh. Your a Calvinist. No wonder some of the stuff you say is false.

John 3:16. For God so loved the world, he sent his son to die for our sins.

There are also numerous cases where the bible says that even people like you are considered dead as well as the millions of sinners in the world, but your alive because of God's mercy and grace.