Jump to topic:

Tell us your christian tyranny story

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 4:49:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I would like to compile a list of christian tyrannical acts of the people who use this site who were just minding their own business and then all of the sudden a christian came along and decimated their civil liberties in some way. Thereby preventing them from doing some activity or expressing their opinions about something.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 4:54:58 PM
At 8/27/2014 4:49:00 PM, sadolite wrote:
I would like to compile a list of christian tyrannical acts of the people who use this site who were just minding their own business and then all of the sudden a christian came along and decimated their civil liberties in some way. Thereby preventing them from doing some activity or expressing their opinions about something.

I detect an angry horde of atheists coming your way...
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 4:57:09 PM
Wild Atheist appeared!
Go, Christian!
The Wild Atheist used ANGRY RANT!
Critical hit! It's not very effective...
Christian used COMMON SENSE!
It's super effective!
Wild atheist fainted!
Christian gained exp!

JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 4:58:36 PM
At 8/27/2014 4:57:09 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Wild Atheist appeared!
Go, Christian!
It's super effective!
Wild atheist fainted!
Christian gained exp!

Submitting this to the Weekly Stupid.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 5:00:07 PM
At 8/27/2014 4:58:36 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
Wild Atheist appeared!
Go, Christian!
It's super effective!
Wild atheist fainted!
Christian gained exp!

Do you know what this is from?

JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 5:00:49 PM
At 8/27/2014 5:00:07 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Wild Atheist appeared!
Go, Christian!
It's super effective!
Wild atheist fainted!
Christian gained exp!

Do you know what this is from?

Yeah, I used to be a giant Poke nerd lol.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 5:04:39 PM
Wild Christian appeared!
Go, Atheist!
The Wild Christian used ANGRY RANT!
Atheist used COMMON SENSE!
It's super effective!
Wild Christian fainted!
Atheist gained exp!
fix'd
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 5:15:40 PM
At 8/27/2014 5:04:39 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Wild Atheist appeared!
Go, Christian!
It's super effective!
Wild Atheist fainted!
Christian gained exp!
fix'd

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 5:20:23 PM
Nothing so far. I suspect the thread will die without a single example.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 5:29:13 PM
At 8/27/2014 4:54:58 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

Why would they be angry? I thought atheists viewed themselves as well rounded, tolerant and logical. Should be an easy question to answer. There should be hundreds upon hundreds of examples based on the disdain for christians and christianity exhibited on this site.

LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 5:30:35 PM
At 8/27/2014 5:29:13 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 8/27/2014 4:54:58 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

Why would they be angry? I thought atheists viewed themselves as well rounded, tolerant and logical. Should be an easy question to answer. There should be hundreds upon hundreds of examples based on the disdain for christians and christianity exhibited on this site.

Keltron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 6:03:21 PM

I can't even begin to enumerate how many times I've sucked it up and kept quiet in the face of aggressive proselytizing by co-workers, employers, and family members just to keep the peace and not risk my employment. One mustn't hurt their precious, fragile feelings.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 6:24:14 PM

Probably the worst you will get is prostelytizing family members and friends.

Mosts of the atheists I know do not advertise their disbelief in the real world. Also, what people will do anonymously on the web is nothing like what they would do face to face with others. So, I would imagine there are not many examples of tyranical Christians/atheists especially when limited to DDO membership.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 7:06:27 PM
At 8/27/2014 6:24:14 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Mosts of the atheists I know do not advertise their disbelief in the real world. Also, what people will do anonymously on the web is nothing like what they would do face to face with others. So, I would imagine there are not many examples of tyranical Christians/atheists especially when limited to DDO membership.

So the tyranny imposed by christianity is unfounded?

Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 7:07:03 PM
Wild Atheist appeared!
Go, Christian!
It's super effective!
Wild atheist fainted!
Christian gained exp!

*tips fedora
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 7:10:11 PM
At 8/27/2014 7:06:27 PM, sadolite wrote:

"Probably the worst you will get is proselytizing family members and friends."

So how is that different from a secular politician using the public airwaves to prostelytize their secular views and use legislation of govt to force their secular views down my throat.

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 10:37:15 PM

I guess I have no idea of what context you're talking about. Clarification is necessary.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 10:41:23 PM
At 8/27/2014 7:10:11 PM, sadolite wrote:

So how is that different from a secular politician using the public airwaves to prostelytize their secular views and use legislation of govt to force their secular views down my throat.

Can you cite the example you are referring to, or are you just ranting in general?

s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 11:47:21 PM
At 8/27/2014 7:10:11 PM, sadolite wrote:

Last time I checked, we lived in a secular democracy. The idea comes from a little thing called the Constitution, namely the Establishment Clause. James Madison, known as the "Father of the Constitution", for those who had any doubt as to its interpretation, made it very clear our government was a secular one.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 2:13:13 AM

Interesting. Bully Boy.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 2:41:07 AM
At 8/27/2014 5:20:23 PM, sadolite wrote:

Why does it have to be personal? Am I not allowed to be incensed when Christians use their numbers to violate the civil rights of another citizen? But hey... I can still provide what you've asked for.
Everyone in the country has reason to be interested in the state of medical advancement. But because Christians tend to be easily swayed by the mere mention of "God", and also tend to be somewhat devoid of a knowledge in the fields of science, the most promising medical research to have happened along in more than a century has been stifled and obstructed by religiously founded laws to slow and obstruct the field of stem-cell research.

Ever try to watch a movie which has come to television after a long and successful run at the box-office, only to find that the dialog has been so censored, covered, replaced and altered that it's either impossible to follow the plot, or the entire mood of the movie has been destroyed? Once again, you can thank the religious (Christian majority), in this country for over-riding the right to free speech, and insisting that every radio and television in the country be turned into a baby-sitter, rather than leaving parents with the responsibility of monitoring what their children watch.

I dislike it when anyone's civil rights are violated. As an American, I see that as an attack on American values, equality and justice. And yet, because Christians want to dig their rules out of an old book written by primitive barbarians, we have laws which prevent some people from being able to marry, on the grounds of religious ideals.

The list goes on and on, and if one is to be completely honest, we can also put a substantial amount of the blame for the wars in which the U.S. is currently engaged, upon the U.S. Christian majority who openly gave their full support to a president who sought public approval for a war which was launched without provocation, and in clear breech of international laws. That war and the cost to the U.S. economy has plunged millions of Americans into joblessness, homelessness, and hopelessness... all for the sake of doing whatever the man in the White House says, because he claims to "listen to God".

The Christians of this country have completely F'ed up our legislature, our military, our economy and the ideals under which this country was founded. I think that qualifies as Christian Tyranny.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 3:13:35 AM
At 8/28/2014 2:41:07 AM, Beastt wrote:

Why does it have to be personal? Am I not allowed to be incensed when Christians use their numbers to violate the civil rights of another citizen? But hey... I can still provide what you've asked for.

Please regale us with creative writing of the TYRANNY of having to listen to a Christian as you come into a ... religion forum to deliberately seek it out!

Please regale us with the tales of failed law suits and how this has no impact on the function of your life.

Oh the agony of atheists! Worse than gays in Uganda!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 3:22:59 AM

Everyone in the country has reason to be interested in the state of medical advancement. But because Christians tend to be easily swayed by the mere mention of "God", and also tend to be somewhat devoid of a knowledge in the fields of science, the most promising medical research to have happened along in more than a century has been stifled and obstructed by religiously founded laws to slow and obstruct the field of stem-cell research.

Ever try to watch a movie which has come to television after a long and successful run at the box-office, only to find that the dialog has been so censored, covered, replaced and altered that it's either impossible to follow the plot, or the entire mood of the movie has been destroyed?

Try NetFlix, or Viooz or Megashare to watch it for free.

BTW, I seriously doubt that removing profanity (very little is removed, anyhow) or nudity/sex scenes makes it "impossible" for you to follow the plot, unless you are watching a documentary on Kama Sutra.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 6:08:49 AM
At 8/28/2014 3:22:59 AM, annanicole wrote:

Ever try to watch a movie which has come to television after a long and successful run at the box-office, only to find that the dialog has been so censored, covered, replaced and altered that it's either impossible to follow the plot, or the entire mood of the movie has been destroyed?

BTW, I seriously doubt that removing profanity (very little is removed, anyhow) or nudity/sex scenes makes it "impossible" for you to follow the plot, unless you are watching a documentary on Kama Sutra.

Maybe you would understand if we removed all of the sexual, brutal and violent references from the Bible. The point is simply this; you have absolutely no right. And when you take it upon yourself to censor radio and television, you're violating my rights and the rights of every other true American, for the sake of a religious farce.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 7:07:21 AM

I'm not sure what your implicit assertion is. Is it that the Christian majority in America doesn't try to impose its will on the populace at large, through government action, harassing people that oppose them; or that it happens and people that disagree should just shut up and accept it?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:25:51 AM
At 8/28/2014 2:13:13 AM, neutral wrote:

Interesting. Bully Boy.

That's a fact, Jack! You are a prime example. I try to treat people here exactly as I would in real life. Let's hope you don't make the same claim.

neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:41:47 AM
At 8/28/2014 11:25:51 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/28/2014 2:13:13 AM, neutral wrote:

Interesting. Bully Boy.

That's a fact, Jack! You are a prime example. I try to treat people here exactly as I would in real life. Let's hope you don't make the same claim.

When some ignorant douche walks up and insults me and my faith in real life I generally correct them as well.

But, being a Studly airborne ranger, I usually, unlike you Internet warriors in anonymity, rarely if ever have anyone come up with such rude behavior as I see atheists behave like on this forum ... Where the very act of confronting egregious behavior ... Well, atheists are just shocked that someone would correct it in real life as well.

Shocking,

Any other cognitive dissonance I can correct for you today?
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:58:50 AM
At 8/28/2014 6:08:49 AM, Beastt wrote:

Maybe you would understand if we removed all of the sexual, brutal and violent references from the Bible. The point is simply this; you have absolutely no right. And when you take it upon yourself to censor radio and television, you're violating my rights and the rights of every other true American, for the sake of a religious farce.

What would they accomplish? Jews struggled with this and got both much right and much wrong. The entire point of the OT and the history of the Jewish people is to study that history, as we do ours, and learn from it thereby preventing making the same mistakes again.

Or does you think , sex, brutality, and violence are removed from the world as you would excise them from history? Dooming us to making the same errors again.

How do you think you prepare people to be ethical in circumstances, when you pretend they don't exist? Seems like a delusion to me to pretend the world isn't the way it is, and even more delusional to pretend that there are not challenges to ethical people on this planet of ours.

So, that may be the worst religious advice and historical advice I have ever seen. No halocaust ... Just take that out of German history while you are at it.

Why is this even claimed as intellectual or truth seeking?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 12:06:51 PM
At 8/28/2014 6:08:49 AM, Beastt wrote:

I was unaware that "religion" is the reason that violence is somewhat limited on television and in movies. I have no idea why religious people would object any more than the next person.

For instance, the decapitation of American hostages is usually not shown on American television. I was totally unaware that the "Christianity" was the impetus for this. I thought it was simply good taste and respect for the victim's family.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."