Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

From One Sinner To Another, Come to Christ

sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 3:16:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have no other credentials to boast of, I'm just a fellow sinner.

But I do know Christ, and I'be been saved by Christ.

And I want to tell you about the one who delivered me from darkness, and I pray that God might be pleased to deliver you.

-

There is a man called Jesus Christ, who is the promised Messiah, of whom all the prophets of ancienct Israel wrote.

This man, who is the Eternal Son of the one true God, and who is himself God in a human body, died in my place on the cross at Calvary.

He lived a perfect, sinless life before God, establishing a perfect righteousness for me.

He died on the cross and shed his own blood to pay the full ransom price for my sins.

My sins were charged to his account, and his righteousness was charged to my account , so that God himself declares me to be righteous.

Christ took my place as my Substitute, and everything that God requires of me was performed by him. So that when he died, and was buried, and rose again, I died, and was buried, and rose again IN HIM.

Right now, in Heaven, Christ appears as my Heavenly Advocate, who ever lives to intercede for me.

And God will preserve me, by his grace, until the day I die. And when I die, I will be with him in Heaven.

That is my confession, and if there are any of God's elect, chosen people who have not yet been delivered from darkness, I pray that God might be pleased to give sight to their blind eyes, and raise them up from the dead, this day.

Christ said:
"Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.

"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
(John 10:7-18)
LostintheEcho1498
Posts: 234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 3:48:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well, this is probably the most sincere post I have seen in a while that was not looking for an argument. For some reason people on this site like to argue...but anyway I like your post here. It would be nice if we all could accept Christianity in its true form but sadly that we be in the second coming which by my thinking will either happen in 10, 20, or around 100+ years from now. I hope I am alive still to see it.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 4:11:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
You speak as if we have all have a choice to come to christ, when your theology demands that only the elect are in Christ and they could not have been otherwise. What's the dead?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
josht
Posts: 36
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 5:07:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/28/2014 3:16:50 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
I have no other credentials to boast of, I'm just a fellow sinner.

But I do know Christ, and I'be been saved by Christ.

And I want to tell you about the one who delivered me from darkness, and I pray that God might be pleased to deliver you.

-

There is a man called Jesus Christ, who is the promised Messiah, of whom all the prophets of ancienct Israel wrote.

This man, who is the Eternal Son of the one true God, and who is himself God in a human body, died in my place on the cross at Calvary.

He lived a perfect, sinless life before God, establishing a perfect righteousness for me.

He died on the cross and shed his own blood to pay the full ransom price for my sins.

My sins were charged to his account, and his righteousness was charged to my account , so that God himself declares me to be righteous.

Christ took my place as my Substitute, and everything that God requires of me was performed by him. So that when he died, and was buried, and rose again, I died, and was buried, and rose again IN HIM.

Right now, in Heaven, Christ appears as my Heavenly Advocate, who ever lives to intercede for me.

And God will preserve me, by his grace, until the day I die. And when I die, I will be with him in Heaven.

That is my confession, and if there are any of God's elect, chosen people who have not yet been delivered from darkness, I pray that God might be pleased to give sight to their blind eyes, and raise them up from the dead, this day.

Christ said:
"Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.

"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
(John 10:7-18)

Its nice you are trying to convert people to the truth but unfortunately anyone who hasnt come to Christ yet probably never will if you dont give them "evidence".
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 5:18:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/28/2014 5:07:08 PM, josht wrote:
At 8/28/2014 3:16:50 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
I have no other credentials to boast of, I'm just a fellow sinner.

But I do know Christ, and I'be been saved by Christ.

And I want to tell you about the one who delivered me from darkness, and I pray that God might be pleased to deliver you.

-

There is a man called Jesus Christ, who is the promised Messiah, of whom all the prophets of ancienct Israel wrote.

This man, who is the Eternal Son of the one true God, and who is himself God in a human body, died in my place on the cross at Calvary.

He lived a perfect, sinless life before God, establishing a perfect righteousness for me.

He died on the cross and shed his own blood to pay the full ransom price for my sins.

My sins were charged to his account, and his righteousness was charged to my account , so that God himself declares me to be righteous.

Christ took my place as my Substitute, and everything that God requires of me was performed by him. So that when he died, and was buried, and rose again, I died, and was buried, and rose again IN HIM.

Right now, in Heaven, Christ appears as my Heavenly Advocate, who ever lives to intercede for me.

And God will preserve me, by his grace, until the day I die. And when I die, I will be with him in Heaven.

That is my confession, and if there are any of God's elect, chosen people who have not yet been delivered from darkness, I pray that God might be pleased to give sight to their blind eyes, and raise them up from the dead, this day.

Christ said:
"Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.

"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
(John 10:7-18)

Its nice you are trying to convert people to the truth but unfortunately anyone who hasnt come to Christ yet probably never will if you dont give them "evidence".

You say that as if it were a bad thing.
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 6:37:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/28/2014 3:16:50 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
I have no other credentials to boast of, I'm just a fellow sinner.

But I do know Christ, and I'be been saved by Christ.

And I want to tell you about the one who delivered me from darkness, and I pray that God might be pleased to deliver you.

-

There is a man called Jesus Christ, who is the promised Messiah, of whom all the prophets of ancienct Israel wrote.

This man, who is the Eternal Son of the one true God, and who is himself God in a human body, died in my place on the cross at Calvary.

He lived a perfect, sinless life before God, establishing a perfect righteousness for me.

He died on the cross and shed his own blood to pay the full ransom price for my sins.

My sins were charged to his account, and his righteousness was charged to my account , so that God himself declares me to be righteous.

Christ took my place as my Substitute, and everything that God requires of me was performed by him. So that when he died, and was buried, and rose again, I died, and was buried, and rose again IN HIM.

Right now, in Heaven, Christ appears as my Heavenly Advocate, who ever lives to intercede for me.

And God will preserve me, by his grace, until the day I die. And when I die, I will be with him in Heaven.

That is my confession, and if there are any of God's elect, chosen people who have not yet been delivered from darkness, I pray that God might be pleased to give sight to their blind eyes, and raise them up from the dead, this day.

Christ said:
"Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.

"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
(John 10:7-18)

I must say... I did not expect to log on to find a sermon, in the forum section. Does this happen often?
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
Keltron
Posts: 161
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 10:59:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/28/2014 3:16:50 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
I have no other credentials to boast of, I'm just a fellow sinner.

But I do know Christ, and I'be been saved by Christ.

And I want to tell you about the one who delivered me from darkness, and I pray that God might be pleased to deliver you.

-

There is a man called Jesus Christ, who is the promised Messiah, of whom all the prophets of ancienct Israel wrote.

This man, who is the Eternal Son of the one true God, and who is himself God in a human body, died in my place on the cross at Calvary.

He lived a perfect, sinless life before God, establishing a perfect righteousness for me.

He died on the cross and shed his own blood to pay the full ransom price for my sins.

My sins were charged to his account, and his righteousness was charged to my account , so that God himself declares me to be righteous.

Christ took my place as my Substitute, and everything that God requires of me was performed by him. So that when he died, and was buried, and rose again, I died, and was buried, and rose again IN HIM.

Right now, in Heaven, Christ appears as my Heavenly Advocate, who ever lives to intercede for me.

And God will preserve me, by his grace, until the day I die. And when I die, I will be with him in Heaven.

That is my confession, and if there are any of God's elect, chosen people who have not yet been delivered from darkness, I pray that God might be pleased to give sight to their blind eyes, and raise them up from the dead, this day.

Christ said:
"Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.

"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
(John 10:7-18)

I appreciate the heartfelt nature of this post. I just wish that we could do the Vulcan mind meld so you could see how nonsensical and un-compelling this is to a person who isn't indoctrinated into the Christian mindset. It would be like me telling you with all sincerity and a tear in my eye about Krishna.
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:17:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/28/2014 10:59:08 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 3:16:50 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
I have no other credentials to boast of, I'm just a fellow sinner.

But I do know Christ, and I'be been saved by Christ.

And I want to tell you about the one who delivered me from darkness, and I pray that God might be pleased to deliver you.

-

There is a man called Jesus Christ, who is the promised Messiah, of whom all the prophets of ancienct Israel wrote.

This man, who is the Eternal Son of the one true God, and who is himself God in a human body, died in my place on the cross at Calvary.

He lived a perfect, sinless life before God, establishing a perfect righteousness for me.

He died on the cross and shed his own blood to pay the full ransom price for my sins.

My sins were charged to his account, and his righteousness was charged to my account , so that God himself declares me to be righteous.

Christ took my place as my Substitute, and everything that God requires of me was performed by him. So that when he died, and was buried, and rose again, I died, and was buried, and rose again IN HIM.

Right now, in Heaven, Christ appears as my Heavenly Advocate, who ever lives to intercede for me.

And God will preserve me, by his grace, until the day I die. And when I die, I will be with him in Heaven.

That is my confession, and if there are any of God's elect, chosen people who have not yet been delivered from darkness, I pray that God might be pleased to give sight to their blind eyes, and raise them up from the dead, this day.

Christ said:
"Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.

"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
(John 10:7-18)

I appreciate the heartfelt nature of this post. I just wish that we could do the Vulcan mind meld so you could see how nonsensical and un-compelling this is to a person who isn't indoctrinated into the Christian mindset. It would be like me telling you with all sincerity and a tear in my eye about Krishna.

Yeah, well, I wasn't BORN a Christian. NOR was I RAISED in Christianity.
So I DO remember what it was like to not believe.

YOU however, have NO IDEA what it's like to be a believer. So I can sympathize with you, but you can't sympathize with me.
Keltron
Posts: 161
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:19:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/28/2014 11:17:03 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 10:59:08 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 3:16:50 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
I have no other credentials to boast of, I'm just a fellow sinner.

But I do know Christ, and I'be been saved by Christ.

And I want to tell you about the one who delivered me from darkness, and I pray that God might be pleased to deliver you.

-

There is a man called Jesus Christ, who is the promised Messiah, of whom all the prophets of ancienct Israel wrote.

This man, who is the Eternal Son of the one true God, and who is himself God in a human body, died in my place on the cross at Calvary.

He lived a perfect, sinless life before God, establishing a perfect righteousness for me.

He died on the cross and shed his own blood to pay the full ransom price for my sins.

My sins were charged to his account, and his righteousness was charged to my account , so that God himself declares me to be righteous.

Christ took my place as my Substitute, and everything that God requires of me was performed by him. So that when he died, and was buried, and rose again, I died, and was buried, and rose again IN HIM.

Right now, in Heaven, Christ appears as my Heavenly Advocate, who ever lives to intercede for me.

And God will preserve me, by his grace, until the day I die. And when I die, I will be with him in Heaven.

That is my confession, and if there are any of God's elect, chosen people who have not yet been delivered from darkness, I pray that God might be pleased to give sight to their blind eyes, and raise them up from the dead, this day.

Christ said:
"Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.

"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
(John 10:7-18)

I appreciate the heartfelt nature of this post. I just wish that we could do the Vulcan mind meld so you could see how nonsensical and un-compelling this is to a person who isn't indoctrinated into the Christian mindset. It would be like me telling you with all sincerity and a tear in my eye about Krishna.

Yeah, well, I wasn't BORN a Christian. NOR was I RAISED in Christianity.
So I DO remember what it was like to not believe.

YOU however, have NO IDEA what it's like to be a believer. So I can sympathize with you, but you can't sympathize with me.

That's not true. I was a believer at one point. So yes, I can empathize with you.
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:21:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/28/2014 11:19:42 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:17:03 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 10:59:08 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 3:16:50 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
I have no other credentials to boast of, I'm just a fellow sinner.

But I do know Christ, and I'be been saved by Christ.

And I want to tell you about the one who delivered me from darkness, and I pray that God might be pleased to deliver you.

-

There is a man called Jesus Christ, who is the promised Messiah, of whom all the prophets of ancienct Israel wrote.

This man, who is the Eternal Son of the one true God, and who is himself God in a human body, died in my place on the cross at Calvary.

He lived a perfect, sinless life before God, establishing a perfect righteousness for me.

He died on the cross and shed his own blood to pay the full ransom price for my sins.

My sins were charged to his account, and his righteousness was charged to my account , so that God himself declares me to be righteous.

Christ took my place as my Substitute, and everything that God requires of me was performed by him. So that when he died, and was buried, and rose again, I died, and was buried, and rose again IN HIM.

Right now, in Heaven, Christ appears as my Heavenly Advocate, who ever lives to intercede for me.

And God will preserve me, by his grace, until the day I die. And when I die, I will be with him in Heaven.

That is my confession, and if there are any of God's elect, chosen people who have not yet been delivered from darkness, I pray that God might be pleased to give sight to their blind eyes, and raise them up from the dead, this day.

Christ said:
"Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.

"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
(John 10:7-18)

I appreciate the heartfelt nature of this post. I just wish that we could do the Vulcan mind meld so you could see how nonsensical and un-compelling this is to a person who isn't indoctrinated into the Christian mindset. It would be like me telling you with all sincerity and a tear in my eye about Krishna.

Yeah, well, I wasn't BORN a Christian. NOR was I RAISED in Christianity.
So I DO remember what it was like to not believe.

YOU however, have NO IDEA what it's like to be a believer. So I can sympathize with you, but you can't sympathize with me.

That's not true. I was a believer at one point. So yes, I can empathize with you.

No, you were NOT a believer.

You were a false professor, or you'd STILL be a believer.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:23:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/28/2014 11:21:00 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:19:42 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:17:03 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 10:59:08 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 3:16:50 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
I have no other credentials to boast of, I'm just a fellow sinner.

But I do know Christ, and I'be been saved by Christ.

And I want to tell you about the one who delivered me from darkness, and I pray that God might be pleased to deliver you.

-

There is a man called Jesus Christ, who is the promised Messiah, of whom all the prophets of ancienct Israel wrote.

This man, who is the Eternal Son of the one true God, and who is himself God in a human body, died in my place on the cross at Calvary.

He lived a perfect, sinless life before God, establishing a perfect righteousness for me.

He died on the cross and shed his own blood to pay the full ransom price for my sins.

My sins were charged to his account, and his righteousness was charged to my account , so that God himself declares me to be righteous.

Christ took my place as my Substitute, and everything that God requires of me was performed by him. So that when he died, and was buried, and rose again, I died, and was buried, and rose again IN HIM.

Right now, in Heaven, Christ appears as my Heavenly Advocate, who ever lives to intercede for me.

And God will preserve me, by his grace, until the day I die. And when I die, I will be with him in Heaven.

That is my confession, and if there are any of God's elect, chosen people who have not yet been delivered from darkness, I pray that God might be pleased to give sight to their blind eyes, and raise them up from the dead, this day.

Christ said:
"Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.

"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
(John 10:7-18)

I appreciate the heartfelt nature of this post. I just wish that we could do the Vulcan mind meld so you could see how nonsensical and un-compelling this is to a person who isn't indoctrinated into the Christian mindset. It would be like me telling you with all sincerity and a tear in my eye about Krishna.

Yeah, well, I wasn't BORN a Christian. NOR was I RAISED in Christianity.
So I DO remember what it was like to not believe.

YOU however, have NO IDEA what it's like to be a believer. So I can sympathize with you, but you can't sympathize with me.

That's not true. I was a believer at one point. So yes, I can empathize with you.

No, you were NOT a believer.

You were a false professor, or you'd STILL be a believer.

I was a believer too, get over yourself Mr. No True Scotsman
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:25:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/28/2014 11:23:54 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:21:00 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:19:42 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:17:03 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 10:59:08 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 3:16:50 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
I have no other credentials to boast of, I'm just a fellow sinner.

But I do know Christ, and I'be been saved by Christ.

And I want to tell you about the one who delivered me from darkness, and I pray that God might be pleased to deliver you.

-

There is a man called Jesus Christ, who is the promised Messiah, of whom all the prophets of ancienct Israel wrote.

This man, who is the Eternal Son of the one true God, and who is himself God in a human body, died in my place on the cross at Calvary.

He lived a perfect, sinless life before God, establishing a perfect righteousness for me.

He died on the cross and shed his own blood to pay the full ransom price for my sins.

My sins were charged to his account, and his righteousness was charged to my account , so that God himself declares me to be righteous.

Christ took my place as my Substitute, and everything that God requires of me was performed by him. So that when he died, and was buried, and rose again, I died, and was buried, and rose again IN HIM.

Right now, in Heaven, Christ appears as my Heavenly Advocate, who ever lives to intercede for me.

And God will preserve me, by his grace, until the day I die. And when I die, I will be with him in Heaven.

That is my confession, and if there are any of God's elect, chosen people who have not yet been delivered from darkness, I pray that God might be pleased to give sight to their blind eyes, and raise them up from the dead, this day.

Christ said:
"Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.

"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
(John 10:7-18)

I appreciate the heartfelt nature of this post. I just wish that we could do the Vulcan mind meld so you could see how nonsensical and un-compelling this is to a person who isn't indoctrinated into the Christian mindset. It would be like me telling you with all sincerity and a tear in my eye about Krishna.

Yeah, well, I wasn't BORN a Christian. NOR was I RAISED in Christianity.
So I DO remember what it was like to not believe.

YOU however, have NO IDEA what it's like to be a believer. So I can sympathize with you, but you can't sympathize with me.

That's not true. I was a believer at one point. So yes, I can empathize with you.

No, you were NOT a believer.

You were a false professor, or you'd STILL be a believer.

I was a believer too, get over yourself Mr. No True Scotsman

OK, then explain this to me:

If you were a true believer, why did you stop believing?
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:26:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/28/2014 11:25:09 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:23:54 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:21:00 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:19:42 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:17:03 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 10:59:08 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 3:16:50 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
I have no other credentials to boast of, I'm just a fellow sinner.

But I do know Christ, and I'be been saved by Christ.

And I want to tell you about the one who delivered me from darkness, and I pray that God might be pleased to deliver you.

-

There is a man called Jesus Christ, who is the promised Messiah, of whom all the prophets of ancienct Israel wrote.

This man, who is the Eternal Son of the one true God, and who is himself God in a human body, died in my place on the cross at Calvary.

He lived a perfect, sinless life before God, establishing a perfect righteousness for me.

He died on the cross and shed his own blood to pay the full ransom price for my sins.

My sins were charged to his account, and his righteousness was charged to my account , so that God himself declares me to be righteous.

Christ took my place as my Substitute, and everything that God requires of me was performed by him. So that when he died, and was buried, and rose again, I died, and was buried, and rose again IN HIM.

Right now, in Heaven, Christ appears as my Heavenly Advocate, who ever lives to intercede for me.

And God will preserve me, by his grace, until the day I die. And when I die, I will be with him in Heaven.

That is my confession, and if there are any of God's elect, chosen people who have not yet been delivered from darkness, I pray that God might be pleased to give sight to their blind eyes, and raise them up from the dead, this day.

Christ said:
"Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.

"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
(John 10:7-18)

I appreciate the heartfelt nature of this post. I just wish that we could do the Vulcan mind meld so you could see how nonsensical and un-compelling this is to a person who isn't indoctrinated into the Christian mindset. It would be like me telling you with all sincerity and a tear in my eye about Krishna.

Yeah, well, I wasn't BORN a Christian. NOR was I RAISED in Christianity.
So I DO remember what it was like to not believe.

YOU however, have NO IDEA what it's like to be a believer. So I can sympathize with you, but you can't sympathize with me.

That's not true. I was a believer at one point. So yes, I can empathize with you.

No, you were NOT a believer.

You were a false professor, or you'd STILL be a believer.

I was a believer too, get over yourself Mr. No True Scotsman

OK, then explain this to me:

If you were a true believer, why did you stop believing?

Because I realised the belief was false. The same reason why I stop believing other things I originally thought were true.
Keltron
Posts: 161
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:27:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/28/2014 11:21:00 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:19:42 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:17:03 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 10:59:08 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 3:16:50 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
I have no other credentials to boast of, I'm just a fellow sinner.

But I do know Christ, and I'be been saved by Christ.

And I want to tell you about the one who delivered me from darkness, and I pray that God might be pleased to deliver you.

-

There is a man called Jesus Christ, who is the promised Messiah, of whom all the prophets of ancienct Israel wrote.

This man, who is the Eternal Son of the one true God, and who is himself God in a human body, died in my place on the cross at Calvary.

He lived a perfect, sinless life before God, establishing a perfect righteousness for me.

He died on the cross and shed his own blood to pay the full ransom price for my sins.

My sins were charged to his account, and his righteousness was charged to my account , so that God himself declares me to be righteous.

Christ took my place as my Substitute, and everything that God requires of me was performed by him. So that when he died, and was buried, and rose again, I died, and was buried, and rose again IN HIM.

Right now, in Heaven, Christ appears as my Heavenly Advocate, who ever lives to intercede for me.

And God will preserve me, by his grace, until the day I die. And when I die, I will be with him in Heaven.

That is my confession, and if there are any of God's elect, chosen people who have not yet been delivered from darkness, I pray that God might be pleased to give sight to their blind eyes, and raise them up from the dead, this day.

Christ said:
"Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.

"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
(John 10:7-18)

I appreciate the heartfelt nature of this post. I just wish that we could do the Vulcan mind meld so you could see how nonsensical and un-compelling this is to a person who isn't indoctrinated into the Christian mindset. It would be like me telling you with all sincerity and a tear in my eye about Krishna.

Yeah, well, I wasn't BORN a Christian. NOR was I RAISED in Christianity.
So I DO remember what it was like to not believe.

YOU however, have NO IDEA what it's like to be a believer. So I can sympathize with you, but you can't sympathize with me.

That's not true. I was a believer at one point. So yes, I can empathize with you.

No, you were NOT a believer.

You were a false professor, or you'd STILL be a believer.

You don't even know me, so don't make pronouncements out of ignorance. What I'm pointing out to you is how your message would appear to someone who has not been exposed to the programming that both you and I have. If you had carefully examined that programming, as I have, you may have reached a different conclusion- as I have.
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:29:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/28/2014 11:26:29 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:25:09 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:23:54 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:21:00 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:19:42 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:17:03 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 10:59:08 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 3:16:50 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
I have no other credentials to boast of, I'm just a fellow sinner.

But I do know Christ, and I'be been saved by Christ.

And I want to tell you about the one who delivered me from darkness, and I pray that God might be pleased to deliver you.

-

There is a man called Jesus Christ, who is the promised Messiah, of whom all the prophets of ancienct Israel wrote.

This man, who is the Eternal Son of the one true God, and who is himself God in a human body, died in my place on the cross at Calvary.

He lived a perfect, sinless life before God, establishing a perfect righteousness for me.

He died on the cross and shed his own blood to pay the full ransom price for my sins.

My sins were charged to his account, and his righteousness was charged to my account , so that God himself declares me to be righteous.

Christ took my place as my Substitute, and everything that God requires of me was performed by him. So that when he died, and was buried, and rose again, I died, and was buried, and rose again IN HIM.

Right now, in Heaven, Christ appears as my Heavenly Advocate, who ever lives to intercede for me.

And God will preserve me, by his grace, until the day I die. And when I die, I will be with him in Heaven.

That is my confession, and if there are any of God's elect, chosen people who have not yet been delivered from darkness, I pray that God might be pleased to give sight to their blind eyes, and raise them up from the dead, this day.

Christ said:
"Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.

"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
(John 10:7-18)

I appreciate the heartfelt nature of this post. I just wish that we could do the Vulcan mind meld so you could see how nonsensical and un-compelling this is to a person who isn't indoctrinated into the Christian mindset. It would be like me telling you with all sincerity and a tear in my eye about Krishna.

Yeah, well, I wasn't BORN a Christian. NOR was I RAISED in Christianity.
So I DO remember what it was like to not believe.

YOU however, have NO IDEA what it's like to be a believer. So I can sympathize with you, but you can't sympathize with me.

That's not true. I was a believer at one point. So yes, I can empathize with you.

No, you were NOT a believer.

You were a false professor, or you'd STILL be a believer.

I was a believer too, get over yourself Mr. No True Scotsman

OK, then explain this to me:

If you were a true believer, why did you stop believing?

Because I realised the belief was false. The same reason why I stop believing other things I originally thought were true.

Then you were not a true believer. You merely PROFESSED faith.

That's NOT the same as being a BELIEVER.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:32:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/28/2014 11:29:45 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:26:29 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:25:09 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:23:54 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:21:00 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:19:42 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:17:03 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 10:59:08 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 3:16:50 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
I have no other credentials to boast of, I'm just a fellow sinner.

But I do know Christ, and I'be been saved by Christ.

And I want to tell you about the one who delivered me from darkness, and I pray that God might be pleased to deliver you.

-

There is a man called Jesus Christ, who is the promised Messiah, of whom all the prophets of ancienct Israel wrote.

This man, who is the Eternal Son of the one true God, and who is himself God in a human body, died in my place on the cross at Calvary.

He lived a perfect, sinless life before God, establishing a perfect righteousness for me.

He died on the cross and shed his own blood to pay the full ransom price for my sins.

My sins were charged to his account, and his righteousness was charged to my account , so that God himself declares me to be righteous.

Christ took my place as my Substitute, and everything that God requires of me was performed by him. So that when he died, and was buried, and rose again, I died, and was buried, and rose again IN HIM.

Right now, in Heaven, Christ appears as my Heavenly Advocate, who ever lives to intercede for me.

And God will preserve me, by his grace, until the day I die. And when I die, I will be with him in Heaven.

That is my confession, and if there are any of God's elect, chosen people who have not yet been delivered from darkness, I pray that God might be pleased to give sight to their blind eyes, and raise them up from the dead, this day.

Christ said:
"Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.

"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
(John 10:7-18)

I appreciate the heartfelt nature of this post. I just wish that we could do the Vulcan mind meld so you could see how nonsensical and un-compelling this is to a person who isn't indoctrinated into the Christian mindset. It would be like me telling you with all sincerity and a tear in my eye about Krishna.

Yeah, well, I wasn't BORN a Christian. NOR was I RAISED in Christianity.
So I DO remember what it was like to not believe.

YOU however, have NO IDEA what it's like to be a believer. So I can sympathize with you, but you can't sympathize with me.

That's not true. I was a believer at one point. So yes, I can empathize with you.

No, you were NOT a believer.

You were a false professor, or you'd STILL be a believer.

I was a believer too, get over yourself Mr. No True Scotsman

OK, then explain this to me:

If you were a true believer, why did you stop believing?

Because I realised the belief was false. The same reason why I stop believing other things I originally thought were true.

Then you were not a true believer. You merely PROFESSED faith.

That's NOT the same as being a BELIEVER.

Um, yes it is. To believe something is to think it is true, end of story. I believed it was true hence I was a believer.

Unless you want to invent some magic definition for a club of higher delusion.

It doesn't logically follow that a 'true believer' cannot change his mind, in fact it's patently absurd.
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:32:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/28/2014 11:27:12 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:21:00 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:19:42 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:17:03 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 10:59:08 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 3:16:50 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
I have no other credentials to boast of, I'm just a fellow sinner.

But I do know Christ, and I'be been saved by Christ.

And I want to tell you about the one who delivered me from darkness, and I pray that God might be pleased to deliver you.

-

There is a man called Jesus Christ, who is the promised Messiah, of whom all the prophets of ancienct Israel wrote.

This man, who is the Eternal Son of the one true God, and who is himself God in a human body, died in my place on the cross at Calvary.

He lived a perfect, sinless life before God, establishing a perfect righteousness for me.

He died on the cross and shed his own blood to pay the full ransom price for my sins.

My sins were charged to his account, and his righteousness was charged to my account , so that God himself declares me to be righteous.

Christ took my place as my Substitute, and everything that God requires of me was performed by him. So that when he died, and was buried, and rose again, I died, and was buried, and rose again IN HIM.

Right now, in Heaven, Christ appears as my Heavenly Advocate, who ever lives to intercede for me.

And God will preserve me, by his grace, until the day I die. And when I die, I will be with him in Heaven.

That is my confession, and if there are any of God's elect, chosen people who have not yet been delivered from darkness, I pray that God might be pleased to give sight to their blind eyes, and raise them up from the dead, this day.

Christ said:
"Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.

"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
(John 10:7-18)

I appreciate the heartfelt nature of this post. I just wish that we could do the Vulcan mind meld so you could see how nonsensical and un-compelling this is to a person who isn't indoctrinated into the Christian mindset. It would be like me telling you with all sincerity and a tear in my eye about Krishna.

Yeah, well, I wasn't BORN a Christian. NOR was I RAISED in Christianity.
So I DO remember what it was like to not believe.

YOU however, have NO IDEA what it's like to be a believer. So I can sympathize with you, but you can't sympathize with me.

That's not true. I was a believer at one point. So yes, I can empathize with you.

No, you were NOT a believer.

You were a false professor, or you'd STILL be a believer.

You don't even know me, so don't make pronouncements out of ignorance. What I'm pointing out to you is how your message would appear to someone who has not been exposed to the programming that both you and I have. If you had carefully examined that programming, as I have, you may have reached a different conclusion- as I have.

I don't have to KNOW YOU PERSONALLY to make such a statement.

You said you're not a believer anymore. That means you were a false professor.

If you had truly POSSESSED faith, you would STILL PROFESS faith.

This is NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. It's very simple.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:35:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/28/2014 11:32:42 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:27:12 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:21:00 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:19:42 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:17:03 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 10:59:08 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 3:16:50 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
I have no other credentials to boast of, I'm just a fellow sinner.

But I do know Christ, and I'be been saved by Christ.

And I want to tell you about the one who delivered me from darkness, and I pray that God might be pleased to deliver you.

-

There is a man called Jesus Christ, who is the promised Messiah, of whom all the prophets of ancienct Israel wrote.

This man, who is the Eternal Son of the one true God, and who is himself God in a human body, died in my place on the cross at Calvary.

He lived a perfect, sinless life before God, establishing a perfect righteousness for me.

He died on the cross and shed his own blood to pay the full ransom price for my sins.

My sins were charged to his account, and his righteousness was charged to my account , so that God himself declares me to be righteous.

Christ took my place as my Substitute, and everything that God requires of me was performed by him. So that when he died, and was buried, and rose again, I died, and was buried, and rose again IN HIM.

Right now, in Heaven, Christ appears as my Heavenly Advocate, who ever lives to intercede for me.

And God will preserve me, by his grace, until the day I die. And when I die, I will be with him in Heaven.

That is my confession, and if there are any of God's elect, chosen people who have not yet been delivered from darkness, I pray that God might be pleased to give sight to their blind eyes, and raise them up from the dead, this day.

Christ said:
"Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.

"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
(John 10:7-18)

I appreciate the heartfelt nature of this post. I just wish that we could do the Vulcan mind meld so you could see how nonsensical and un-compelling this is to a person who isn't indoctrinated into the Christian mindset. It would be like me telling you with all sincerity and a tear in my eye about Krishna.

Yeah, well, I wasn't BORN a Christian. NOR was I RAISED in Christianity.
So I DO remember what it was like to not believe.

YOU however, have NO IDEA what it's like to be a believer. So I can sympathize with you, but you can't sympathize with me.

That's not true. I was a believer at one point. So yes, I can empathize with you.

No, you were NOT a believer.

You were a false professor, or you'd STILL be a believer.

You don't even know me, so don't make pronouncements out of ignorance. What I'm pointing out to you is how your message would appear to someone who has not been exposed to the programming that both you and I have. If you had carefully examined that programming, as I have, you may have reached a different conclusion- as I have.

I don't have to KNOW YOU PERSONALLY to make such a statement.

You said you're not a believer anymore. That means you were a false professor.

If you had truly POSSESSED faith, you would STILL PROFESS faith.

This is NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. It's very simple.

You have shown no logical progression from possessing faith (wtf does that even mean?) to always having it.

Given that 'possessing faith' is a nonsensical term prima facie, such as a square circle, then it follows that YOU cannot be a believer too, since the concept is nonsense.

Ergo you are a fake.
Keltron
Posts: 161
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:35:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/28/2014 11:32:42 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:27:12 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:21:00 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:19:42 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:17:03 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 10:59:08 PM, Keltron wrote:
At 8/28/2014 3:16:50 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
I have no other credentials to boast of, I'm just a fellow sinner.

But I do know Christ, and I'be been saved by Christ.

And I want to tell you about the one who delivered me from darkness, and I pray that God might be pleased to deliver you.

-

There is a man called Jesus Christ, who is the promised Messiah, of whom all the prophets of ancienct Israel wrote.

This man, who is the Eternal Son of the one true God, and who is himself God in a human body, died in my place on the cross at Calvary.

He lived a perfect, sinless life before God, establishing a perfect righteousness for me.

He died on the cross and shed his own blood to pay the full ransom price for my sins.

My sins were charged to his account, and his righteousness was charged to my account , so that God himself declares me to be righteous.

Christ took my place as my Substitute, and everything that God requires of me was performed by him. So that when he died, and was buried, and rose again, I died, and was buried, and rose again IN HIM.

Right now, in Heaven, Christ appears as my Heavenly Advocate, who ever lives to intercede for me.

And God will preserve me, by his grace, until the day I die. And when I die, I will be with him in Heaven.

That is my confession, and if there are any of God's elect, chosen people who have not yet been delivered from darkness, I pray that God might be pleased to give sight to their blind eyes, and raise them up from the dead, this day.

Christ said:
"Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.

"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
(John 10:7-18)

I appreciate the heartfelt nature of this post. I just wish that we could do the Vulcan mind meld so you could see how nonsensical and un-compelling this is to a person who isn't indoctrinated into the Christian mindset. It would be like me telling you with all sincerity and a tear in my eye about Krishna.

Yeah, well, I wasn't BORN a Christian. NOR was I RAISED in Christianity.
So I DO remember what it was like to not believe.

YOU however, have NO IDEA what it's like to be a believer. So I can sympathize with you, but you can't sympathize with me.

That's not true. I was a believer at one point. So yes, I can empathize with you.

No, you were NOT a believer.

You were a false professor, or you'd STILL be a believer.

You don't even know me, so don't make pronouncements out of ignorance. What I'm pointing out to you is how your message would appear to someone who has not been exposed to the programming that both you and I have. If you had carefully examined that programming, as I have, you may have reached a different conclusion- as I have.

I don't have to KNOW YOU PERSONALLY to make such a statement.

You said you're not a believer anymore. That means you were a false professor.

If you had truly POSSESSED faith, you would STILL PROFESS faith.

This is NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. It's very simple.

Simple is for simpletons, and religion is for puddin' heads- puddin' head.