Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 10:27:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/28/2014 3:54:53 PM, NiamC wrote:
Explain.

Response: We are told by the Allah through the teachings of Islam, that there is a purpose in life. Meaning that before you were human, you were in another spiritual state. You were asked if you wanted the reward of paradise. You replied yes. You were told that to do so you will enter this life as a human and your deeds will be tested. That you will struggle and strive. If you are good, you will get paradise. If you are bad, Hellfire. You agreed to the test. You could have said no and chose to be an angel or even an animal or a rock. But you chose to be human. When you were finally born, the memory of all of this is washed off. And the test of this life begins.
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 10:50:45 PM
Explain.

To know God and to give God the glory he deserves.

"For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen." (Romans 11:36)

"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." (Revelation 4:11)
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 10:54:10 PM
At 8/28/2014 10:50:45 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
Explain.

"For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen." (Romans 11:36)

"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." (Revelation 4:11)

How narcissistic and petty.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:11:23 PM
Explain.

He didn't man created him, thousands of times.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:24:46 PM
To create a world with great value. Many of the best goods are ones that can be instantiated in man, therefore he would value them (i.e. virtues).
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Ash_RationalTheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:40:42 PM
Explain.
I assume you're asking the purpose...
We're not created beings but eternal...since we wanted to enjoy separately from God God created this world and endowed us with a body so that we could become God ourselves

But since we're the part and parcel of Supreme, material enjoyment cannot make us happy...its a fact...just like hands cannot be independently happy without serving the mouth.
Our original nature is serve God...but due to false ego we consider ourselves as masters and try to exploit nature..
The relationship between God and Souls is that of Lover and the loved, Enjoyer and the Enjoyed. God is the Supreme Enjoyer and we're to be enjoyed.
by reviving our love for God by the practice of Bhakti (Devotion) we can re-spiritualize our self and Go back to our original abode upon destruction of this material body.

Read Bhagavad-Gita, you'll understand my point fully...Infact even other religious scriptures seem to indicate the same background for creation thought it differs to some extent
Keepin' It Real!
morethen1person
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:53:27 PM
At 8/28/2014 10:27:11 PM, Fatihah wrote:
Explain.

Response: We are told by the Allah through the teachings of Islam, that there is a purpose in life. Meaning that before you were human, you were in another spiritual state. You were asked if you wanted the reward of paradise. You replied yes. You were told that to do so you will enter this life as a human and your deeds will be tested. That you will struggle and strive. If you are good, you will get paradise. If you are bad, Hellfire. You agreed to the test. You could have said no and chose to be an angel or even an animal or a rock. But you chose to be human. When you were finally born, the memory of all of this is washed off. And the test of this life begins.

Interesting. I wonder what will happen when I perish. And what happened before birth.

I do think this is an interesting idea even if you got it from somewhere else. I'm going to look into this idea in more detail and see what more I can find out about it :)
morethen1person
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 12:01:09 AM
It is wise for you to ask this question. To ponder you own existence and question life as we know it can prove one's inner knowledge. The wisest men ask the most questions. That's my philosophy.

I honestly don't have a clue. Are lives are full of such misery that God forces upon us to test us. I have not seen God or His Heaven. I can not prove they exist. I can only blindly believe if I so choose.
morethen1person
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 12:06:17 AM
At 8/28/2014 11:11:23 PM, bulproof wrote:
Explain.

He didn't man created him, thousands of times.

I know many a Theist who would be shamed to see such ignorance!

JK Lol. I do know a lot of people who would say that. However I do not believe you are wrong any more or less then I believe you are right. I just always laugh when I see people say this on the internet. I know that the theists are going to be attacking his beliefs. Had to say it XD
morethen1person
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 12:10:37 AM
At 8/28/2014 10:54:10 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 8/28/2014 10:50:45 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
Explain.

How narcissistic and petty.

Aim your insults at those who deserve it. Aim you intelligent discussion at those whose thoughts clash with your own.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 12:27:49 AM
Explain.

To learn.

This entire universe was created for 'us'. (I believe there are otter worlds with other populations, but they are bound by the same rules and purpose as it is for us).

We exist as eternal beings created first and foremost as spiritual beings. We exist as 'pure' beings in the glory and knowledge of Heavenly Father. In a way, this is a trap. If you see that God is correct, you will never question what is correct, or, if you do, as Satan did, the consequences are fierce. So how do we choose?

That is the Creation.

We are sent into a body, with Free Will and given an opportunity to explore and learn for ourselves. We can indeed test the realities of things like adultery ... which, after being caught will NEVER produce anything good. God is right, but now ... so are you. (Not that you have to participate in adultery to know its wrong, but the decision is now yours and not God's). We will seek to balance justice with mercy, selflessness with individualism, etc. Its a wonderful opportunity to learn.

But, no unclean thing can dwell in the presence of God. And the sins, the disagreements, etc. would nominally prevent our return to Heavenly Father, enriched by our experiences and genuinely understanding the WHY behind the requirements. To facilitate this is the Son, who gives us grace and forgives these sins that we may return to the Father.

There is also a weighing as, even when the glory of God id revealed, some, as Satan did, will choose a life without God. Rather than risk a war, those who choose to be apart from God are granted their wish and allowed to dwell away from God.

The entire point of Creation is that you might be given the opportunity to live, to learn, to grow, and to be free to explore.
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 12:33:20 AM
At 8/29/2014 12:27:49 AM, neutral wrote:
Explain.

To learn.

This entire universe was created for 'us'. (I believe there are otter worlds with other populations, but they are bound by the same rules and purpose as it is for us).

We exist as eternal beings created first and foremost as spiritual beings. We exist as 'pure' beings in the glory and knowledge of Heavenly Father. In a way, this is a trap. If you see that God is correct, you will never question what is correct, or, if you do, as Satan did, the consequences are fierce. So how do we choose?

That is the Creation.

We are sent into a body, with Free Will and given an opportunity to explore and learn for ourselves. We can indeed test the realities of things like adultery ... which, after being caught will NEVER produce anything good. God is right, but now ... so are you. (Not that you have to participate in adultery to know its wrong, but the decision is now yours and not God's). We will seek to balance justice with mercy, selflessness with individualism, etc. Its a wonderful opportunity to learn.

But, no unclean thing can dwell in the presence of God. And the sins, the disagreements, etc. would nominally prevent our return to Heavenly Father, enriched by our experiences and genuinely understanding the WHY behind the requirements. To facilitate this is the Son, who gives us grace and forgives these sins that we may return to the Father.

There is also a weighing as, even when the glory of God id revealed, some, as Satan did, will choose a life without God. Rather than risk a war, those who choose to be apart from God are granted their wish and allowed to dwell away from God.

The entire point of Creation is that you might be given the opportunity to live, to learn, to grow, and to be free to explore.

Wow, this is really far off the mark.

Is this your interpretation of the Scriptures, or did you just make it all up?
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 12:40:16 AM
At 8/29/2014 12:33:20 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/29/2014 12:27:49 AM, neutral wrote:
Explain.

To learn.

That is the Creation.

Wow, this is really far off the mark.

Is this your interpretation of the Scriptures, or did you just make it all up?

Its called God's Plan of Salvation. Look it up.
Cassius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 12:47:42 AM
Plato said this: "the Good is diffusive of itself." God, as the highest good, only creates what is good, by and to His nature. Men are good, simply by having an intellectual nature which places us above the rest of the earth. Our intellectual nature allows us to see universals in addition to particulars, and thus men can consider the most universal of causes -- God -- so that men are innately destined to see God in His essence. It's this final act of seeing God -- in Christianity, it's called the beatific vision -- that is the summum bonum (sovereign good) of man. So, the point of God creating man, is that God is diffusive of His own goodness in man.
I used to be Nur-Ab-Sal.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 5:12:47 AM
At 8/29/2014 2:18:40 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
Explain.

What was the point of man creating god?

Explanation for the unknown.

and still is.
matt.mcguire88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 6:35:21 AM
At 8/29/2014 5:12:47 AM, bulproof wrote:
Explain.

and still is.

Unknown to you Bul. I don't need explanations for the unknown but thanks anyways.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 6:38:45 AM
Quran
67:2
[He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed - and He is the Exalted in Might, the Forgiving -

51:56
And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.
Never fart near dog
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 8:07:08 AM
At 8/28/2014 11:53:27 PM, morethen1person wrote:
Explain.

Interesting. I wonder what will happen when I perish. And what happened before birth.

I do think this is an interesting idea even if you got it from somewhere else. I'm going to look into this idea in more detail and see what more I can find out about it :)

Response: Allah tells us in the Qur'an that you will be judged according to your deeds in this life in the Hereafter. All believers in Allah will enter paradise. All who do not believe will enter Hell. However, even a believer, will be punished for their bad deeds in Hell depending on the seriousness of those deeds but will be granted paradise after their punishment for still believing.

And I encourage you to look more into Islam with an open-mind, and question the religion, for perhaps you will come to learn that all the questions you have regarding life can be answered logically by Islam.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 8:12:03 AM
At 8/29/2014 6:35:21 AM, matt.mcguire88 wrote:
At 8/29/2014 5:12:47 AM, bulproof wrote:
Explain.

and still is.

Unknown to you Bul. I don't need explanations for the unknown but thanks anyways.

No you have the god that man created to explain it for you.

Remember Vulcan and his aliases?

He always needed a perfect sacrifice.
morethen1person
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 12:19:22 PM
Explain.

Good question.
morethen1person
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 12:20:53 PM
At 8/29/2014 8:07:08 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:53:27 PM, morethen1person wrote:
Explain.

Response: Allah tells us in the Qur'an that you will be judged according to your deeds in this life in the Hereafter. All believers in Allah will enter paradise. All who do not believe will enter Hell. However, even a believer, will be punished for their bad deeds in Hell depending on the seriousness of those deeds but will be granted paradise after their punishment for still believing.

And I encourage you to look more into Islam with an open-mind, and question the religion, for perhaps you will come to learn that all the questions you have regarding life can be answered logically by Islam.

Yes. Sounds like an amazing idea to me. I do like looking into new religions and such.
Idealist1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 3:12:51 PM
At 8/29/2014 12:01:09 AM, morethen1person wrote:
It is wise for you to ask this question. To ponder you own existence and question life as we know it can prove one's inner knowledge. The wisest men ask the most questions. That's my philosophy.

I honestly don't have a clue. Are lives are full of such misery that God forces upon us to test us. I have not seen God or His Heaven. I can not prove they exist. I can only blindly believe if I so choose.

It's no so blind as you say. We draw a picture of the reality around us based upon our views and observations. Inferred evidence is still evidence. Things are accepted because they make sense to the observer. For me the biggest fault of atheism is that it gives no reason for reality to be. I can imagine physical evolution, but the evolution of things like taste, love and altruism? An evolved life-form who wears make-up and tuxedos? All from a few random chemicals with no guidance of mind.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 7:46:44 PM
Explain.

Basically to bring glory to Jesus Christ through our being.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 7:49:54 PM
At 8/29/2014 12:47:42 AM, Cassius wrote:
Plato said this: "the Good is diffusive of itself." God, as the highest good, only creates what is good, by and to His nature. Men are good, simply by having an intellectual nature which places us above the rest of the earth. Our intellectual nature allows us to see universals in addition to particulars, and thus men can consider the most universal of causes -- God -- so that men are innately destined to see God in His essence. It's this final act of seeing God -- in Christianity, it's called the beatific vision -- that is the summum bonum (sovereign good) of man. So, the point of God creating man, is that God is diffusive of His own goodness in man.

Very true, but i also believe that our nature consists of more than just intellect.
Cassius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 3:40:04 PM
At 8/29/2014 7:49:54 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/29/2014 12:47:42 AM, Cassius wrote:

Very true, but i also believe that our nature consists of more than just intellect.

Yes, agreed. A lot of philosophers have erred on this point, viewing man as just his soul or just his mind -- it was in correcting this view that we are viewed as both body and soul. But it is the intellective nature, undoubtedly, which implies our soul's immortality, and it is the intellective nature which allows us to find God in the first place.
I used to be Nur-Ab-Sal.