sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:05:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
That's what everything comes down to:
That Christ MUST and WILL be GLORIFIED.

Everyone who refuses to bow to the Lord Jesus Christ is condemned to an eternity in Hell.
But all those who give him the glory he deserves and believe in him will be saved from God's wrath.

"For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen." (Romans 11:36)

"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." (Revelation 4:11)

For it is written: "As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God." (Romans 14:11)

5 "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:5-11)

"....when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed." (2 Thess. 1:7-10)
Keltron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:10:11 PM
At 8/28/2014 11:05:34 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

Everyone who refuses to bow to the Lord Jesus Christ is condemned to an eternity in Hell.
But all those who give him the glory he deserves and believe in him will be saved from God's wrath.

"For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory

for ever. Amen."
(Romans 11:36)

"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." (Revelation 4:11)

For it is written: "As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God." (Romans 14:11)

5 "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:5-11)

"....when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed." (2 Thess. 1:7-10)

He's gonna look pretty funny with that sword sticking out of his mouth.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:14:53 PM
At 8/28/2014 11:10:11 PM, Keltron wrote:

for ever. Amen."

Maybe someone could tell him before he gets here, that's not how you use a sword.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:15:50 PM
What's he done that warrants glorification?
Ash_RationalTheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:28:01 PM

for ever. Amen."
Certainly his followers will glorify him but its unwise to force everyone to glorify him. I bow unto Christ with reverence but still its a painstaking fact that people interpret his genuine message in a non-sensible manner
Keepin' It Real!
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:28:22 PM
At 8/28/2014 11:14:53 PM, bulproof wrote:

for ever. Amen."

Maybe someone could tell him before he gets here, that's not how you use a sword.

Actually, that sword which comes out of Christ's mouth is the curse he pronounces on all those who refuse to bow to him.

So, if I were you I would start seeking his mercy, or you will be cast into everlasting hellfire.
Keltron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:33:09 PM
At 8/28/2014 11:28:22 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/28/2014 11:14:53 PM, bulproof wrote:

for ever. Amen."

Actually, that sword which comes out of Christ's mouth is the curse he pronounces on all those who refuse to bow to him.

So, if I were you I would start seeking his mercy, or you will be cast into everlasting hellfire.

Oh stop, silly!
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:37:32 PM
At 8/28/2014 11:15:50 PM, bulproof wrote:

Hmm.... let's see.

He created all things.

He sustains all things.

He's slow to anger, and full of mercy toward sinners.

He's righteous, holy, perfect, all-powerful, all-wise, all-knowing, and all-glorious.

And that's just a brief summary.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:53:05 PM
At 8/28/2014 11:37:32 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

Hmm.... let's see.

He created all things.
Jury's out.
He sustains all things.
No evidence of that
He should be impossible to anger
He's righteous, holy, perfect, all-powerful, all-wise, all-knowing, and all-glorious.
That's what his publicity dept claims he is, not what he's done.
Ain't got no reasons there.
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 12:03:50 AM
At 8/28/2014 11:53:05 PM, bulproof wrote:

Hmm.... let's see.

He created all things.
Jury's out.
He sustains all things.
No evidence of that

Actually, being holy and righteous necessitates being angry at sin and unrighteousness, and Christ himself bore that anger for me.

You had better hope Christ bore that anger for you, and you'd better seek his mercy, or that anger will fall upon you for eternity.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 12:06:01 AM
At 8/29/2014 12:03:50 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

Hmm.... let's see.

He created all things.
Jury's out.
He sustains all things.
No evidence of that

Actually, being holy and righteous necessitates being angry at sin and unrighteousness, and Christ himself bore that anger for me.

You had better hope Christ bore that anger for you, and you'd better seek his mercy, or that anger will fall upon you for eternity.

Explain exactly how an omniscient being can get angry? Does he have mental health issues?
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 12:09:55 AM
At 8/29/2014 12:06:01 AM, bulproof wrote:

Hmm.... let's see.

He created all things.
Jury's out.
He sustains all things.
No evidence of that

Explain exactly how an omniscient being can get angry? Does he have mental health issues?

Is there some inherent contradiction between omniscience and anger?

That seems to be what you're implying.

I would ask you to explain, but what you're saying is nonsensical, and any explanation you might give would be too.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 12:12:13 AM
At 8/29/2014 12:09:55 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

Hmm.... let's see.

He created all things.
Jury's out.
He sustains all things.
No evidence of that

I would ask you to explain, but what you're saying is nonsensical, and any explanation you might give would be too.

The open mindedness demonstrated by the delusional, do you wonder why I don't post reems when you are incapable of understanding the simplest of concepts.
sovereigngracereigns
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 12:20:10 AM
At 8/29/2014 12:12:13 AM, bulproof wrote:

Hmm.... let's see.

He created all things.
Jury's out.
He sustains all things.
No evidence of that

The open mindedness demonstrated by the delusional, do you wonder why I don't post reems when you are incapable of understanding the simplest of concepts.

Well, I won't bother to read it, but if you feel like backing up your claim, the burden of proof is on you to show there's a contradiction.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 2:32:52 AM

"For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen." (Romans 11:36)

I earnestly anticipate that you attain peace of mind one day and relieve yourself from this relentless and distracting gibberish.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 5:04:42 AM
At 8/29/2014 12:20:10 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/29/2014 12:12:13 AM, bulproof wrote:

Hmm.... let's see.

He created all things.
Jury's out.
He sustains all things.
No evidence of that

Well, I won't bother to read it, but if you feel like backing up your claim, the burden of proof is on you to show there's a contradiction.

And that is precisely why I don't, believers almost never actually read what is written because they have all of their arguments programmed by their book and priests.
The content of their opponents post is irrelevant as you have shown in this and many other posts.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 7:43:30 AM

Hmm.... let's see.

He created all things.

No, either quantum physics did, or energy was eternal.

He sustains all things.

Natural laws (physics, chemistry, etc.) explain why things are the way they are. Jesus is not required in the slightest.

He is dead, if he existed at all. He can't get angry or merciful.

He's righteous,

How so?

holy,

How so?

perfect,

Yet, created an "imperfect world" (since that is what many Christians believe)? And created an imperfect system for the afterlife?

all-powerful,

All-powerful is, in itself, a paradox. Can he create a rock so heavy that he cannot lift it?

all-wise, all-knowing,

procurator

and all-glorious.

How so?

Pretty crappy one.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO