Your opinion on Bhagavad-Gita

Ash_RationalTheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:15:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Have you read it?
Where does it stand in the order of world religious scriptures?
I find it better than other religious scriptures as it underlines all paths to perfection and is liberal.
Why did you prefer to chose Bible/Quran/any other scripture over Gita? if you've already read it
Keepin' It Real!
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 6:44:17 AM
At 8/30/2014 6:37:32 AM, Ash_RationalTheist wrote:
At 8/29/2014 8:14:49 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
You haev a link something to read online ?

Yes..you can read it here: http://vedabase.com... or http://asitis.com...

Its really short it wil be finished in short time the entire book to read thats surprising... anyway thanks
Never fart near dog
Ash_RationalTheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 6:54:22 AM
At 8/30/2014 6:44:17 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:

Its really short it wil be finished in short time the entire book to read thats surprising... anyway thanks

Yes its short indeed. Only 700 verses. But no it'll take a month atleast if you're reading the purports too.
Read the purports as well for better understanding
Keepin' It Real!
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 10:37:57 AM
At 8/30/2014 6:54:22 AM, Ash_RationalTheist wrote:
At 8/30/2014 6:44:17 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:

Yes its short indeed. Only 700 verses. But no it'll take a month atleast if you're reading the purports too.

But wait Bhagavad-gītā is not a revaletion right? its for wisdom and lessons in life or you guys believe in God too?
Never fart near dog
Ash_RationalTheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:32:53 PM

But wait Bhagavad-gītā is not a revaletion right? its for wisdom and lessons in life or you guys believe in God too?

It was a revelation done in India 5000 years ago, but its not extremist. not like either believe or perish. It offers free will to choose the path. I am theist and yes Bhagavad-Gita is theistic but it has semi-theistic interpretation too. In short, Its a philosophical science of the self and it gives us confidence to fight (keep trying) in times of difficulties. Very inspiring!
Keepin' It Real!
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 4:23:51 PM
At 8/30/2014 1:32:53 PM, Ash_RationalTheist wrote:

It was a revelation done in India 5000 years ago, but its not extremist. not like either believe or perish. It offers free will to choose the path. I am theist and yes Bhagavad-Gita is theistic but it has semi-theistic interpretation too. In short, Its a philosophical science of the self and it gives us confidence to fight (keep trying) in times of difficulties. Very inspiring!

sounds intresting...
Never fart near dog
Ash_RationalTheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 10:59:35 PM

sounds intresting...

Very much it is. For thousands of years, the Bhagavad Gita has inspired millions of readers. Here"s what some of the greats have to say in praise of this venerable scripture.

"In the morning I bathe my intellect in the stupendous and cosmogonal philosophy of the Bhagavad-Gita, in comparison with which our modern world and its literature seems puny and trivial." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"When doubts haunt me, when disappointments stare me in the face, and I see not one ray of hope on the horizon, I turn to Bhagavad-Gita and find a verse to comfort me; and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming sorrow. Those who meditate on the Gita will derive fresh joy and new meanings from it every day."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

"The marvel of the Bhagavad-Gita is its truly beautiful revelation of lifes wisdom which enables philosophy to blossom into religion." ~ Herman Hesse

https://www.youtube.com...

and many more...
Keepin' It Real!
Ash_RationalTheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 11:01:23 PM

sounds intresting...

Very much it is. For thousands of years, the Bhagavad Gita has inspired millions of readers. Here"s what some of the greats have to say in praise of this venerable scripture.

"In the morning I bathe my intellect in the stupendous and cosmogonal philosophy of the Bhagavad-Gita, in comparison with which our modern world and its literature seems puny and trivial." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"When doubts haunt me, when disappointments stare me in the face, and I see not one ray of hope on the horizon, I turn to Bhagavad-Gita and find a verse to comfort me; and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming sorrow. Those who meditate on the Gita will derive fresh joy and new meanings from it every day."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

"The marvel of the Bhagavad-Gita is its truly beautiful revelation of lifes wisdom which enables philosophy to blossom into religion." ~ Herman Hesse

and many more...
Keepin' It Real!
Keltron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 12:07:28 AM
At 8/28/2014 11:15:59 PM, Ash_RationalTheist wrote:
Have you read it?
Where does it stand in the order of world religious scriptures?
I find it better than other religious scriptures as it underlines all paths to perfection and is liberal.
Why did you prefer to chose Bible/Quran/any other scripture over Gita? if you've already read.

The Bhagavad-Gita is a must read. I read it at the same time I was reading Machiavelli. Quite a juxtaposition I must say.
Ash_RationalTheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 4:21:06 AM
Why did you prefer to chose Bible/Quran/any other scripture over Gita? if you've already read.

The Bhagavad-Gita is a must read. I read it at the same time I was reading Machiavelli. Quite a juxtaposition I must say.

Exactly!
Keepin' It Real!
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 8:46:44 AM
At 8/30/2014 11:01:23 PM, Ash_RationalTheist wrote:

sounds intresting...

~ Mahatma Gandhi

and many more...

I just started but what an amazing and inspirational stuff man after the gym i will continue lol great job dude :D
Never fart near dog
Ash_RationalTheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 8:58:17 AM

and many more...

I just started but what an amazing and inspirational stuff man after the gym i will continue lol great job dude :D

I'm glad!
All glories to Srila Prabhupada
Keepin' It Real!
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 9:29:24 AM
It's lies from Hell like the Quran, the book of the liar Muhammed. There is only one book that stands out from all religious books, and stand against all of them, and rebukes all of them. The claims of Jesus Christ are totally contrary to and incompatble with all religions. Religions that claim to be ways to heaven or to perfection or Nirvana or whatever are lies. They always invent a false jesus who is not the Jesus Christ, the Living Word of God who is the focus of the written Word of God, the Bible. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me". He did not say, "no man comes to the Father but by following my advice which is common to all religions for reachng God" He said you won't get to the Father, God, if you He does not take you there. He will not take you there if you say He is not God. If you say Jesus is only a spark of the divine or some kind of advanced master or a prophet of God, you have no way to heaven and you are following a false path that is going to lead you into Hell.
Ash_RationalTheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 9:36:23 AM
At 8/31/2014 9:29:24 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
It's lies from Hell like the Quran, the book of the liar Muhammed. There is only one book that stands out from all religious books, and stand against all of them, and rebukes all of them. The claims of Jesus Christ are totally contrary to and incompatble with all religions. Religions that claim to be ways to heaven or to perfection or Nirvana or whatever are lies. They always invent a false jesus who is not the Jesus Christ, the Living Word of God who is the focus of the written Word of God, the Bible. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me". He did not say, "no man comes to the Father but by following my advice which is common to all religions for reachng God" He said you won't get to the Father, God, if you He does not take you there. He will not take you there if you say He is not God. If you say Jesus is only a spark of the divine or some kind of advanced master or a prophet of God, you have no way to heaven and you are following a false path that is going to lead you into Hell.

Why do you limit the conception of God by confining it only to Jesus?
Please don't make a hype of you narrow mindedness...

I do respect Jesus for what he did to Israelites who were spiritually dead. He gave them spiritual knowledge.
Mohammed tried his best to reform Arabic from the condition it was in.

You're simply jealous because you can't stand the fact that its far more coherent than Bible.

Just Remember this simple Truth!
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." (II Timothy 3:16-17)
Keepin' It Real!