Total Posts:68|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Bible and Homosexuality

Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2010 9:03:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Further proof that faith poisons everything...
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2010 9:24:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The best part is when the guy that wrote the book says, "I don't hate homosexuals." and then later in the video it says that he would support throwing homosexuals in jail for the rest of their lives simpl for being homosexual. If he really wants to be a good Christian in the way that he interprets the Bible he should go stone his children for being disobedient.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2010 7:37:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
The Bible reveals that homosexuality is an abomination to a Holy and just God, but that He paid the priced their sins as well as everyone elses.
He commands us Christians to love and forgive them AND tell them the truth.

" Let He who is without sin cast the first stone. "

Finding a confused individual and promoting him to No.1 poster child for Christianity is a little disingenuous, to say the least.
The Cross.. the Cross.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2010 8:32:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/19/2010 7:37:44 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
The Bible reveals that homosexuality is an abomination to a Holy and just God, but that He paid the priced their sins as well as everyone elses.
He commands us Christians to love and forgive them AND tell them the truth.

" Let He who is without sin cast the first stone. "

Finding a confused individual and promoting him to No.1 poster child for Christianity is a little disingenuous, to say the least.
Please move to africa to tell them.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 6:21:19 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/19/2010 8:32:37 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 3/19/2010 7:37:44 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
The Bible reveals that homosexuality is an abomination to a Holy and just God, but that He paid the priced their sins as well as everyone elses.
He commands us Christians to love and forgive them AND tell them the truth.

" Let He who is without sin cast the first stone. "

Finding a confused individual and promoting him to No.1 poster child for Christianity is a little disingenuous, to say the least.
Please move to africa to tell them.

Please at least attempt to refute the beautiful Truth of Christian doctrine..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 6:33:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 6:21:19 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/19/2010 8:32:37 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 3/19/2010 7:37:44 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
The Bible reveals that homosexuality is an abomination to a Holy and just God, but that He paid the priced their sins as well as everyone elses.
He commands us Christians to love and forgive them AND tell them the truth.

" Let He who is without sin cast the first stone. "

Finding a confused individual and promoting him to No.1 poster child for Christianity is a little disingenuous, to say the least.
Please move to africa to tell them.

Please at least attempt to refute the beautiful Truth of Christian doctrine..

So let me see, you are not meant to eat pork, but you do, you are meant to be circumscised by a rabbi or somesuch and you are not...

So lets regard the prohibition against homosexuality in an equally lazy and dishonest way!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
joshpleco23
Posts: 76
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 3:10:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 6:33:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/22/2010 6:21:19 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/19/2010 8:32:37 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 3/19/2010 7:37:44 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
The Bible reveals that homosexuality is an abomination to a Holy and just God, but that He paid the priced their sins as well as everyone elses.
He commands us Christians to love and forgive them AND tell them the truth.

" Let He who is without sin cast the first stone. "

Finding a confused individual and promoting him to No.1 poster child for Christianity is a little disingenuous, to say the least.
Please move to africa to tell them.

Please at least attempt to refute the beautiful Truth of Christian doctrine..

So let me see, you are not meant to eat pork, but you do, you are meant to be circumscised by a rabbi or somesuch and you are not...

So lets regard the prohibition against homosexuality in an equally lazy and dishonest way!

Circumcision and not being able to eat pork are old testament laws, so it's Jewish... Most Christian denominations are based on the laws of the New Testament.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 3:12:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 3:10:27 PM, joshpleco23 wrote:
At 3/22/2010 6:33:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/22/2010 6:21:19 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/19/2010 8:32:37 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 3/19/2010 7:37:44 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
The Bible reveals that homosexuality is an abomination to a Holy and just God, but that He paid the priced their sins as well as everyone elses.
He commands us Christians to love and forgive them AND tell them the truth.

" Let He who is without sin cast the first stone. "

Finding a confused individual and promoting him to No.1 poster child for Christianity is a little disingenuous, to say the least.
Please move to africa to tell them.

Please at least attempt to refute the beautiful Truth of Christian doctrine..

So let me see, you are not meant to eat pork, but you do, you are meant to be circumscised by a rabbi or somesuch and you are not...

So lets regard the prohibition against homosexuality in an equally lazy and dishonest way!

Circumcision and not being able to eat pork are old testament laws, so it's Jewish... Most Christian denominations are based on the laws of the New Testament.

And Islamic, but that's another matter. xD
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 3:21:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 6:33:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/22/2010 6:21:19 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/19/2010 8:32:37 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 3/19/2010 7:37:44 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
The Bible reveals that homosexuality is an abomination to a Holy and just God, but that He paid the priced their sins as well as everyone elses.
He commands us Christians to love and forgive them AND tell them the truth.

" Let He who is without sin cast the first stone. "

Finding a confused individual and promoting him to No.1 poster child for Christianity is a little disingenuous, to say the least.
Please move to africa to tell them.

Please at least attempt to refute the beautiful Truth of Christian doctrine..

So let me see, you are not meant to eat pork, but you do, you are meant to be circumscised by a rabbi or somesuch and you are not...

So lets regard the prohibition against homosexuality in an equally lazy and dishonest way!

Jesus changed ritual eating: "what goes in to mouth cannot harm the soul" (something like that, Luke 25 to 20)

+circumcision is optional even for Jews
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 3:21:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 3:10:27 PM, joshpleco23 wrote:
Circumcision and not being able to eat pork are old testament laws, so it's Jewish... Most Christian denominations are based on the laws of the New Testament.
They apply just as much to the Christian doctrine. Jesus (peace be upon him) never abolished those laws. He supported them. The reason behind Christians' rejection of the OT laws is, in my opinion, due to fear of being criticized. They go as far as saying homosexuality is allowed, the theory of evolution does not contradict the Bible, Mosaic Laws don't apply to the Christian doctrine etcetera.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 3:22:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If Christians follow the New Testament, then they must obey the Old Testament as declared by Jesus in the New Testament.

It's funny how Christians know the OT is immoral and try to run away from it.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 3:28:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 3:21:20 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
Jesus changed ritual eating: "what goes in to mouth cannot harm the soul" (something like that, Luke 25 to 20)
Mark 16:17-18 is informative then. Either the verse about Jesus permitting all food is a scientific error (because there are certain things that will kill you if they go in to the mouth), or he just meant that no matter what comes into your mouth, it cannot harm the soul, because the soul is to be alive forever and be brought to account on the Day of Judgement.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 3:36:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 3:22:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
If Christians follow the New Testament, then they must obey the Old Testament as declared by Jesus in the New Testament.

It's funny how Christians know the OT is immoral and try to run away from it.

Christianity is immoral to the very ethic it created. It's an Epic LOL.

The New Testament is also quote dark even outside revelations:

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 19:37 Jesus speaking.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 3:40:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 3:36:41 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 3/22/2010 3:22:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
If Christians follow the New Testament, then they must obey the Old Testament as declared by Jesus in the New Testament.

It's funny how Christians know the OT is immoral and try to run away from it.

Christianity is immoral to the very ethic it created. It's an Epic LOL.

The New Testament is also quote dark even outside revelations:

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 19:37 Jesus speaking.

Yeah, I agree. The NT is immoral as well.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 3:42:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 3:40:06 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Yeah, I agree. The NT is immoral as well.
Not that I disagree with you regarding certain things the Bible mentions, but which verses do you think are immoral, and why?
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 3:45:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 3:44:00 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
The Bible is sexist. Enough said.
I think the most immoral thing in the Bible is the pornographic content. I think it's too explicit and does not seem to be what Jesus would've mentioned or God Himself. There's just too much of it.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 3:48:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 3:45:38 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 3/22/2010 3:44:00 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
The Koran is sexist. Enough said.

Fix'd.

You obviously know nothing about Islam. Fail. :)
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 3:51:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 3:45:38 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
Fix'd.
Can you do me a favor? Read the verse you quoted as being 'sexist' in the other thread, and see where it says that God gave both genders preferences over one another.

Regarding clothing, the first gender the Qur'an addresses is the male one. It says men have to be covered too. Why do you ignore these parts? In fact this thread itself is not even about the Qur'an so do everybody a favor and keep it tidy and not ignorantly widespread so no reply due to a big confusion regarding where to respond does not happen.

The Qur'an gives more respect to women than any other religious book. What kind of oppression is it to you that a woman should cover her hair? Is that oppression or protection? Also, you can hardly be a Muslim if you don't treat your mother well.

Abu Huraira reported that a person came to Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) and said: Who among the people is most deserving of a fine treatment from my hand? He said: Your mother. He again said: Then who (is the next one)? He said: Again it is your mother (who deserves the best treatment from you). He said: Then who (is the next one)? He (the Holy Prophet) said: Again, it is your mother. He (again) said: Then who? Thereupon he said: Then it is your father.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 3:53:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 3:48:16 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 3/22/2010 3:45:38 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 3/22/2010 3:44:00 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
The Koran is sexist. Enough said.

Fix'd.

You obviously know nothing about Islam. Fail. :)

The Books are all sexist, and yes they're where women in Muhammad's council, but women are still suggested to be subjected to father and husband.

Christians should be too, but they ignore/sugarcoat too much. Muslims are the most True to faith.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 3:53:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 3:48:16 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 3/22/2010 3:45:38 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 3/22/2010 3:44:00 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
The Koran is sexist. Enough said.

Fix'd.

You obviously know nothing about Islam. Fail. :)

Women get to wear gold, men do not, off the top of my head.

Now, this isn't directly in the quran, but obeying the prophet is:
59:7 So take what the Messenger assigns to you, and deny yourselves that which he withholds from you.

And the hadith say the prophet withholds the wearing of gold for men.

One rule for men, another rule for women. Otherwise known as sexism.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 3:55:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The Qur'an gives more respect to women than any other religious book.
No, I'm pretty sure the Satanic Bible has ya beat, if by respect to women you mean displaying sentiments of equality.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 3:57:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
And here's another one:

(2:282) "Call two witness from among your men ... And if two men be not at hand, then a man and two women."

A woman is worth one-half a man.

Yeah, pretty sure the Satanic Bible doesn't show that kind of disrespect ^_^
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 3:57:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 3:45:23 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 3/22/2010 3:44:00 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
The Bible is sexist. Enough said.
I think the most immoral thing in the Bible is the pornographic content. I think it's too explicit and does not seem to be what Jesus would've mentioned or God Himself. There's just too much of it.

If I didn't know you I'd think you where joking. The Bible is not pornographic is describes it as it happens.

Pornographic would be:
And Abraham, Pushed his seed into Sarah deeper and deeper.

Real:
Abraham bed Sarah that night, yet he spawned no seed.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 3:58:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/22/2010 3:57:26 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 3/22/2010 3:45:23 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 3/22/2010 3:44:00 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
The Bible is sexist. Enough said.
I think the most immoral thing in the Bible is the pornographic content. I think it's too explicit and does not seem to be what Jesus would've mentioned or God Himself. There's just too much of it.

If I didn't know you I'd think you where joking. The Bible is not pornographic is describes it as it happens.

Pornographic would be:
And Abraham, Pushed his seed into Sarah deeper and deeper.

Real:
Abraham bed Sarah that night, yet he spawned no seed.

Whether something really happened has nothing whatsoever to do with whether it is pornographic.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.