Jump to topic:

Walk a Mile in My Shoes

Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 10:38:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
"Walk a mile in my shoes" is an expression that basically means that a person should not criticize or judge a person for what they do or have done until he/she has tried to do it their self.

When people on the forum express their beliefs or ideologies, many of the beliefs are rejected by others for reasoning that they see is more logical. If you are non-religious, you see a non-religious approach more logical than being religious. If you are a religious person, you reject other religions because you see that your religion is more reasonable and logical than other religions. Yet have you ever stepped in the other person's shoes and practiced their religion?

I find that over an internet forum, minds are never changed. Yet on the street or in person, I have yet to meet a person who I have shared my religious beliefs with that did not either convert, or at least admit that they see the logic or reason in my religion when put into practice.

So I submit a different approach. Before a person says there is no benefit in prayer, practice praying first for some time. Before someone says that the hijab or Islamic garb is oppressive to women, try wearing one for some time first. Before someone says that atheism and agnosticism is not reasonable, try proving your own religion, without simply relying on just religious sources, etc..

Walk a mile in the other's shoes first.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 10:46:55 AM
At 8/29/2014 10:38:48 AM, Fatihah wrote:
"Walk a mile in my shoes" is an expression that basically means that a person should not criticize or judge a person for what they do or have done until he/she has tried to do it their self.

When people on the forum express their beliefs or ideologies, many of the beliefs are rejected by others for reasoning that they see is more logical. If you are non-religious, you see a non-religious approach more logical than being religious. If you are a religious person, you reject other religions because you see that your religion is more reasonable and logical than other religions. Yet have you ever stepped in the other person's shoes and practiced their religion?

I find that over an internet forum, minds are never changed. Yet on the street or in person, I have yet to meet a person who I have shared my religious beliefs with that did not either convert, or at least admit that they see the logic or reason in my religion when put into practice.

So I submit a different approach. Before a person says there is no benefit in prayer, practice praying first for some time. Before someone says that the hijab or Islamic garb is oppressive to women, try wearing one for some time first. Before someone says that atheism and agnosticism is not reasonable, try proving your own religion, without simply relying on just religious sources, etc..

Response: And yet your inability to defend your position with logic and reason proves that you failed and I'm right.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 10:52:11 AM
That has been your response to every post ever made and now you want people to converse with you? WOW.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 11:03:35 AM
I have spent hundreds of hours with women you would consider were naked and I never raped any of them, why do muslim men need their women to be covered in order that they can't do the same.

Muslim women need to be covered head to toe, because if they aren't then muslim men will rape them.

Most of the people on the planet accept minimally clothed women associating with minimally clothed men, because non muslims are not as a rule rapists.

You people need to grow up. Men and women are meant for each other, not for the woman to be sold or given away by a different man.

We in the west, that you think are depraved, are capable of lying on a beach surrounded by naked or semi naked women and not rape any of them. Muslim men need those women covered head to toe in order that they behave as well as western men do with naked women.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 11:04:29 AM
I meant to add

THAT IS A MILE IN MY SHOES.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 11:09:17 AM
He won't
Response:
Because he is afraid of me and my ideas.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 11:45:51 PM

I refuse to walk a mile in the shoes of an IS killer ape who is reading your book and taking his orders from it because he, like you, never stopped to think RATIONALLY about what you are putting into your mind 5 times a day to brainwash it. No one who thinks rationally wants to join a gang of killer apes using God for cover for acting like killer apes will act. Killer apes, like baboons, run their societies based on the Strong Ape rules all the rest. Muhammadism is based on that killer ape ideology, the Strong Man is Muhammad who tells all Muhammadans what and how to think about everything because its in his killer ape nature to want to control everyone he can as a Strong Man. His creature, Allah, poses as a God but Allah is Muhammad, there being NO WAY for an objective person to tell any difference between Muhammad and his book Allah god. Judeo-Christianity has always offered multiple human witness to God but not Muhammadism that relies on the total control of a Strong Man, a Single Voice, an Autocrat, a Dictator. Judeo-Christianity has the wisdom that the testimony of two is needed for authenticity and we modern people learn to get second and third opinions on important matters. Not so, the Muhammadan clone who is forbidden to stray away from the IDOL, it is Taboo to question the IDOL which Muhammad and his god, Allah are to Muhammadan idolators, the most dangerous idolators ever because they have access to heavy-duty killer weapons and no morality, being killer apes now instead of human beings.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 11:53:51 PM
Zero tolerance for killer ape ideology and that includes Muhammadism. Ahmadiyyah Muslims are just fine because they are human beings and not a danger to other people, but not so Muhammadans who devolve by brainwashing their minds 5 times every day to push out rationality and install the Strong Man's mind into theirs.
Dragonfang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 11:57:35 PM
At 8/29/2014 11:45:51 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:

I refuse to walk a mile in the shoes of an IS killer ape who is reading your book and taking his orders from it because he, like you, never stopped to think RATIONALLY about what you are putting into your mind 5 times a day to brainwash it. No one who thinks rationally wants to join a gang of killer apes using God for cover for acting like killer apes will act. Killer apes, like baboons, run their societies based on the Strong Ape rules all the rest. Muhammadism is based on that killer ape ideology, the Strong Man is Muhammad who tells all Muhammadans what and how to think about everything because its in his killer ape nature to want to control everyone he can as a Strong Man. His creature, Allah, poses as a God but Allah is Muhammad, there being NO WAY for an objective person to tell any difference between Muhammad and his book Allah god. Judeo-Christianity has always offered multiple human witness to God but not Muhammadism that relies on the total control of a Strong Man, a Single Voice, an Autocrat, a Dictator. Judeo-Christianity has the wisdom that the testimony of two is needed for authenticity and we modern people learn to get second and third opinions on important matters. Not so, the Muhammadan clone who is forbidden to stray away from the IDOL, it is Taboo to question the IDOL which Muhammad and his god, Allah are to Muhammadan idolators, the most dangerous idolators ever because they have access to heavy-duty killer weapons and no morality, being killer apes now instead of human beings.

Wow... I wouldn't walk a meter in your shoes.

Allah protect my sanity...