Total Posts:190|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Would Abel have killed Cain?

wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 6:35:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So, we know the story in Genesis (https://www.biblegateway.com...) - Cain kills Abel because he was angry that God looked upon Abel's offering with favor instead of Cain's. What if God looked upon Cain's offering and not Abel's? Would Abel have killed Cain?

I will be starting a debate on this topic shortly.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 6:39:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/29/2014 6:35:48 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
So, we know the story in Genesis (https://www.biblegateway.com...) - Cain kills Abel because he was angry that God looked upon Abel's offering with favor instead of Cain's. What if God looked upon Cain's offering and not Abel's? Would Abel have killed Cain?

I will be starting a debate on this topic shortly.

That oughta be one heckuva debate
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 6:43:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/29/2014 6:39:45 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/29/2014 6:35:48 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
So, we know the story in Genesis (https://www.biblegateway.com...) - Cain kills Abel because he was angry that God looked upon Abel's offering with favor instead of Cain's. What if God looked upon Cain's offering and not Abel's? Would Abel have killed Cain?

I will be starting a debate on this topic shortly.

That oughta be one heckuva debate

I hope so. =)
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 6:43:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The debate is here:

http://www.debate.org...
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 6:48:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/29/2014 6:43:53 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
The debate is here:

http://www.debate.org...

Thanks. I may have to pass on that one. Bulproof will probably accept it if he can work it into his heavy debate schedule.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 7:50:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/29/2014 6:35:48 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
So, we know the story in Genesis (https://www.biblegateway.com...) - Cain kills Abel because he was angry that God looked upon Abel's offering with favor instead of Cain's. What if God looked upon Cain's offering and not Abel's? Would Abel have killed Cain?

I will be starting a debate on this topic shortly.

I actually want to debate on the topic with you, but you set the limits too high.
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 3:19:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/29/2014 7:50:37 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/29/2014 6:35:48 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
So, we know the story in Genesis (https://www.biblegateway.com...) - Cain kills Abel because he was angry that God looked upon Abel's offering with favor instead of Cain's. What if God looked upon Cain's offering and not Abel's? Would Abel have killed Cain?

I will be starting a debate on this topic shortly.

I actually want to debate on the topic with you, but you set the limits too high.

The debate is set up to be impossible to accept so that I can screen for trolls and habitual forfeiters.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
bulproof
Posts: 25,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 4:50:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
That's just like could batman beat spiderman?

Who would win?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 7:41:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 3:19:46 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/29/2014 7:50:37 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/29/2014 6:35:48 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
So, we know the story in Genesis (https://www.biblegateway.com...) - Cain kills Abel because he was angry that God looked upon Abel's offering with favor instead of Cain's. What if God looked upon Cain's offering and not Abel's? Would Abel have killed Cain?

I will be starting a debate on this topic shortly.

I actually want to debate on the topic with you, but you set the limits too high.

The debate is set up to be impossible to accept so that I can screen for trolls and habitual forfeiters.

Well let me know if you want to debate it. I will send you a challenge
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 9:22:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 7:41:52 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/30/2014 3:19:46 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/29/2014 7:50:37 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/29/2014 6:35:48 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
So, we know the story in Genesis (https://www.biblegateway.com...) - Cain kills Abel because he was angry that God looked upon Abel's offering with favor instead of Cain's. What if God looked upon Cain's offering and not Abel's? Would Abel have killed Cain?

I will be starting a debate on this topic shortly.

I actually want to debate on the topic with you, but you set the limits too high.

The debate is set up to be impossible to accept so that I can screen for trolls and habitual forfeiters.

Well let me know if you want to debate it. I will send you a challenge

I sent you the challenge. Keep in mind that by accepting the debate, you accept the rules and parameters, one of which is that "The core, undebatable hypothetical assumption for this resolution is that God looked upon Cain's offering with favor and not Abel's." If you cannot accept this hypothetical then please do not accept the debate.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
bulproof
Posts: 25,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 9:27:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 9:22:08 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 7:41:52 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/30/2014 3:19:46 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/29/2014 7:50:37 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/29/2014 6:35:48 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
So, we know the story in Genesis (https://www.biblegateway.com...) - Cain kills Abel because he was angry that God looked upon Abel's offering with favor instead of Cain's. What if God looked upon Cain's offering and not Abel's? Would Abel have killed Cain?

I will be starting a debate on this topic shortly.

I actually want to debate on the topic with you, but you set the limits too high.

The debate is set up to be impossible to accept so that I can screen for trolls and habitual forfeiters.

Well let me know if you want to debate it. I will send you a challenge

I sent you the challenge. Keep in mind that by accepting the debate, you accept the rules and parameters, one of which is that "The core, undebatable hypothetical assumption for this resolution is that God looked upon Cain's offering with favor and not Abel's." If you cannot accept this hypothetical then please do not accept the debate.

Who would win in a fight between batman and spiderman?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 9:29:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 9:27:31 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:22:08 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 7:41:52 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/30/2014 3:19:46 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/29/2014 7:50:37 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/29/2014 6:35:48 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
So, we know the story in Genesis (https://www.biblegateway.com...) - Cain kills Abel because he was angry that God looked upon Abel's offering with favor instead of Cain's. What if God looked upon Cain's offering and not Abel's? Would Abel have killed Cain?

I will be starting a debate on this topic shortly.

I actually want to debate on the topic with you, but you set the limits too high.

The debate is set up to be impossible to accept so that I can screen for trolls and habitual forfeiters.

Well let me know if you want to debate it. I will send you a challenge

I sent you the challenge. Keep in mind that by accepting the debate, you accept the rules and parameters, one of which is that "The core, undebatable hypothetical assumption for this resolution is that God looked upon Cain's offering with favor and not Abel's." If you cannot accept this hypothetical then please do not accept the debate.

Who would win in a fight between batman and spiderman?

Congratulations on screening yourself out of this debate.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 9:30:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Dafuq?

But there are barely 5 verses attributed to them....? You are going to debate over those???
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 9:32:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 9:30:45 AM, Envisage wrote:
Dafuq?

But there are barely 5 verses attributed to them....? You are going to debate over those???

There was a 2 hour movie made out of 16 verses of the Bible.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
bulproof
Posts: 25,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 9:32:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 9:29:02 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:27:31 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:22:08 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 7:41:52 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/30/2014 3:19:46 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/29/2014 7:50:37 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/29/2014 6:35:48 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
So, we know the story in Genesis (https://www.biblegateway.com...) - Cain kills Abel because he was angry that God looked upon Abel's offering with favor instead of Cain's. What if God looked upon Cain's offering and not Abel's? Would Abel have killed Cain?

I will be starting a debate on this topic shortly.

I actually want to debate on the topic with you, but you set the limits too high.

The debate is set up to be impossible to accept so that I can screen for trolls and habitual forfeiters.

Well let me know if you want to debate it. I will send you a challenge

I sent you the challenge. Keep in mind that by accepting the debate, you accept the rules and parameters, one of which is that "The core, undebatable hypothetical assumption for this resolution is that God looked upon Cain's offering with favor and not Abel's." If you cannot accept this hypothetical then please do not accept the debate.

Who would win in a fight between batman and spiderman?

Congratulations on screening yourself out of this debate.

The debate is the same.

Would one fictional character do something to another fictional character, except you insert a third fictional character who has absolute control over the original two fictional characters.

In your debate your third fictional character determines the outcome.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 9:34:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 9:32:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:29:02 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:27:31 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:22:08 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 7:41:52 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/30/2014 3:19:46 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/29/2014 7:50:37 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/29/2014 6:35:48 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
So, we know the story in Genesis (https://www.biblegateway.com...) - Cain kills Abel because he was angry that God looked upon Abel's offering with favor instead of Cain's. What if God looked upon Cain's offering and not Abel's? Would Abel have killed Cain?

I will be starting a debate on this topic shortly.

I actually want to debate on the topic with you, but you set the limits too high.

The debate is set up to be impossible to accept so that I can screen for trolls and habitual forfeiters.

Well let me know if you want to debate it. I will send you a challenge

I sent you the challenge. Keep in mind that by accepting the debate, you accept the rules and parameters, one of which is that "The core, undebatable hypothetical assumption for this resolution is that God looked upon Cain's offering with favor and not Abel's." If you cannot accept this hypothetical then please do not accept the debate.

Who would win in a fight between batman and spiderman?

Congratulations on screening yourself out of this debate.

The debate is the same.

Would one fictional character do something to another fictional character, except you insert a third fictional character who has absolute control over the original two fictional characters.

In your debate your third fictional character determines the outcome.

1) You are assuming the Bible is a work of fiction.
2) Your argument can apply to ANY work of fiction, i.e. you are making a non-sequitor argument.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 9:37:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 9:32:04 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:30:45 AM, Envisage wrote:
Dafuq?

But there are barely 5 verses attributed to them....? You are going to debate over those???

There was a 2 hour movie made out of 16 verses of the Bible.

correction, 3 chapters...regardless, exceedingly brief.

As it is, there are 16 verses attributed to Cain and Abel.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
bulproof
Posts: 25,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 9:44:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 9:34:25 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:32:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:29:02 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:27:31 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:22:08 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 7:41:52 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/30/2014 3:19:46 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/29/2014 7:50:37 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/29/2014 6:35:48 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
So, we know the story in Genesis (https://www.biblegateway.com...) - Cain kills Abel because he was angry that God looked upon Abel's offering with favor instead of Cain's. What if God looked upon Cain's offering and not Abel's? Would Abel have killed Cain?

I will be starting a debate on this topic shortly.

I actually want to debate on the topic with you, but you set the limits too high.

The debate is set up to be impossible to accept so that I can screen for trolls and habitual forfeiters.

Well let me know if you want to debate it. I will send you a challenge

I sent you the challenge. Keep in mind that by accepting the debate, you accept the rules and parameters, one of which is that "The core, undebatable hypothetical assumption for this resolution is that God looked upon Cain's offering with favor and not Abel's." If you cannot accept this hypothetical then please do not accept the debate.

Who would win in a fight between batman and spiderman?

Congratulations on screening yourself out of this debate.

The debate is the same.

Would one fictional character do something to another fictional character, except you insert a third fictional character who has absolute control over the original two fictional characters.

In your debate your third fictional character determines the outcome.

1) You are assuming the Bible is a work of fiction.
2) Your argument can apply to ANY work of fiction, i.e. you are making a non-sequitor argument.

Not at all, the bible is without doubt a work of fiction. No assumptions needed.
Your debate is therefore nonsensical.
Sorry to shatter your self absorbed supremacy with that knowledge, that's just how it is.
All the best.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 9:45:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 9:44:11 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:34:25 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:32:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:29:02 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:27:31 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:22:08 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 7:41:52 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/30/2014 3:19:46 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/29/2014 7:50:37 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/29/2014 6:35:48 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
So, we know the story in Genesis (https://www.biblegateway.com...) - Cain kills Abel because he was angry that God looked upon Abel's offering with favor instead of Cain's. What if God looked upon Cain's offering and not Abel's? Would Abel have killed Cain?

I will be starting a debate on this topic shortly.

I actually want to debate on the topic with you, but you set the limits too high.

The debate is set up to be impossible to accept so that I can screen for trolls and habitual forfeiters.

Well let me know if you want to debate it. I will send you a challenge

I sent you the challenge. Keep in mind that by accepting the debate, you accept the rules and parameters, one of which is that "The core, undebatable hypothetical assumption for this resolution is that God looked upon Cain's offering with favor and not Abel's." If you cannot accept this hypothetical then please do not accept the debate.

Who would win in a fight between batman and spiderman?

Congratulations on screening yourself out of this debate.

The debate is the same.

Would one fictional character do something to another fictional character, except you insert a third fictional character who has absolute control over the original two fictional characters.

In your debate your third fictional character determines the outcome.

1) You are assuming the Bible is a work of fiction.
2) Your argument can apply to ANY work of fiction, i.e. you are making a non-sequitor argument.

Not at all, the bible is without doubt a work of fiction. No assumptions needed.
Your debate is therefore nonsensical.
Sorry to shatter your self absorbed supremacy with that knowledge, that's just how it is.
All the best.

The underlined constitutes a personal attack and is a violation of the site conduct policy.

If you cannot have a discussion about a work of fiction, then perhaps you should find something else to do.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
bulproof
Posts: 25,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 9:50:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 9:45:56 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:44:11 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:34:25 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:32:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:29:02 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:27:31 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:22:08 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 7:41:52 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/30/2014 3:19:46 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/29/2014 7:50:37 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/29/2014 6:35:48 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
So, we know the story in Genesis (https://www.biblegateway.com...) - Cain kills Abel because he was angry that God looked upon Abel's offering with favor instead of Cain's. What if God looked upon Cain's offering and not Abel's? Would Abel have killed Cain?

I will be starting a debate on this topic shortly.

I actually want to debate on the topic with you, but you set the limits too high.

The debate is set up to be impossible to accept so that I can screen for trolls and habitual forfeiters.

Well let me know if you want to debate it. I will send you a challenge

I sent you the challenge. Keep in mind that by accepting the debate, you accept the rules and parameters, one of which is that "The core, undebatable hypothetical assumption for this resolution is that God looked upon Cain's offering with favor and not Abel's." If you cannot accept this hypothetical then please do not accept the debate.

Who would win in a fight between batman and spiderman?

Congratulations on screening yourself out of this debate.

The debate is the same.

Would one fictional character do something to another fictional character, except you insert a third fictional character who has absolute control over the original two fictional characters.

In your debate your third fictional character determines the outcome.

1) You are assuming the Bible is a work of fiction.
2) Your argument can apply to ANY work of fiction, i.e. you are making a non-sequitor argument.

Not at all, the bible is without doubt a work of fiction. No assumptions needed.
Your debate is therefore nonsensical.
Sorry to shatter your self absorbed supremacy with that knowledge, that's just how it is.
All the best.

The underlined constitutes a personal attack and is a violation of the site conduct policy.

If you cannot have a discussion about a work of fiction, then perhaps you should find something else to do.
If that is all you have then you don't have anything.
The underlined constitutes the TRUTH, I'm sorry if you are incapable of recognising it.
You can't prove that your book is not fiction, but you want to believe it's factual.
Good for you.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 9:51:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 9:50:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:45:56 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:44:11 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:34:25 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:32:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:29:02 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:27:31 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:22:08 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 7:41:52 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/30/2014 3:19:46 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/29/2014 7:50:37 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/29/2014 6:35:48 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
So, we know the story in Genesis (https://www.biblegateway.com...) - Cain kills Abel because he was angry that God looked upon Abel's offering with favor instead of Cain's. What if God looked upon Cain's offering and not Abel's? Would Abel have killed Cain?

I will be starting a debate on this topic shortly.

I actually want to debate on the topic with you, but you set the limits too high.

The debate is set up to be impossible to accept so that I can screen for trolls and habitual forfeiters.

Well let me know if you want to debate it. I will send you a challenge

I sent you the challenge. Keep in mind that by accepting the debate, you accept the rules and parameters, one of which is that "The core, undebatable hypothetical assumption for this resolution is that God looked upon Cain's offering with favor and not Abel's." If you cannot accept this hypothetical then please do not accept the debate.

Who would win in a fight between batman and spiderman?

Congratulations on screening yourself out of this debate.

The debate is the same.

Would one fictional character do something to another fictional character, except you insert a third fictional character who has absolute control over the original two fictional characters.

In your debate your third fictional character determines the outcome.

1) You are assuming the Bible is a work of fiction.
2) Your argument can apply to ANY work of fiction, i.e. you are making a non-sequitor argument.

Not at all, the bible is without doubt a work of fiction. No assumptions needed.
Your debate is therefore nonsensical.
Sorry to shatter your self absorbed supremacy with that knowledge, that's just how it is.
All the best.

The underlined constitutes a personal attack and is a violation of the site conduct policy.

If you cannot have a discussion about a work of fiction, then perhaps you should find something else to do.
If that is all you have then you don't have anything.
The underlined constitutes the TRUTH, I'm sorry if you are incapable of recognising it.
You can't prove that your book is not fiction, but you want to believe it's factual.
Good for you.

I never said I believe the Bible to be either truth or fiction.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
bulproof
Posts: 25,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 9:56:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 9:51:55 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:50:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:45:56 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:44:11 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:34:25 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:32:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:29:02 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:27:31 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:22:08 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 7:41:52 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/30/2014 3:19:46 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/29/2014 7:50:37 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 8/29/2014 6:35:48 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
So, we know the story in Genesis (https://www.biblegateway.com...) - Cain kills Abel because he was angry that God looked upon Abel's offering with favor instead of Cain's. What if God looked upon Cain's offering and not Abel's? Would Abel have killed Cain?

I will be starting a debate on this topic shortly.

I actually want to debate on the topic with you, but you set the limits too high.

The debate is set up to be impossible to accept so that I can screen for trolls and habitual forfeiters.

Well let me know if you want to debate it. I will send you a challenge

I sent you the challenge. Keep in mind that by accepting the debate, you accept the rules and parameters, one of which is that "The core, undebatable hypothetical assumption for this resolution is that God looked upon Cain's offering with favor and not Abel's." If you cannot accept this hypothetical then please do not accept the debate.

Who would win in a fight between batman and spiderman?

Congratulations on screening yourself out of this debate.

The debate is the same.

Would one fictional character do something to another fictional character, except you insert a third fictional character who has absolute control over the original two fictional characters.

In your debate your third fictional character determines the outcome.

1) You are assuming the Bible is a work of fiction.
2) Your argument can apply to ANY work of fiction, i.e. you are making a non-sequitor argument.

Not at all, the bible is without doubt a work of fiction. No assumptions needed.
Your debate is therefore nonsensical.
Sorry to shatter your self absorbed supremacy with that knowledge, that's just how it is.
All the best.

The underlined constitutes a personal attack and is a violation of the site conduct policy.

If you cannot have a discussion about a work of fiction, then perhaps you should find something else to do.
If that is all you have then you don't have anything.
The underlined constitutes the TRUTH, I'm sorry if you are incapable of recognising it.
You can't prove that your book is not fiction, but you want to believe it's factual.
Good for you.

I never said I believe the Bible to be either truth or fiction.

Then why aren't you debating the batman v spiderman battle? It's as real as the Cain v Able battle?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 10:01:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 9:56:16 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:51:55 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:50:49 AM, bulproof wrote:

I never said I believe the Bible to be either truth or fiction.

Then why aren't you debating the batman v spiderman battle? It's as real as the Cain v Able battle?

I've debated other matters of fiction that I found to be of interest. I do not find your topic to be interesting, nor am I interested in continuing this sub-discussion.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
bulproof
Posts: 25,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 10:05:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 10:01:38 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:56:16 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:51:55 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:50:49 AM, bulproof wrote:

I never said I believe the Bible to be either truth or fiction.

Then why aren't you debating the batman v spiderman battle? It's as real as the Cain v Able battle?

I've debated other matters of fiction that I found to be of interest. I do not find your topic to be interesting, nor am I interested in continuing this sub-discussion.

And neither am I sunshine. goodbye. LOL.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 10:06:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 10:05:14 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 10:01:38 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:56:16 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:51:55 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/30/2014 9:50:49 AM, bulproof wrote:

I never said I believe the Bible to be either truth or fiction.

Then why aren't you debating the batman v spiderman battle? It's as real as the Cain v Able battle?

I've debated other matters of fiction that I found to be of interest. I do not find your topic to be interesting, nor am I interested in continuing this sub-discussion.

And neither am I sunshine. goodbye. LOL.

Feel free to troll elsewhere, thank you.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 5:35:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The debate is finished.

http://www.debate.org...

Again, if you would like to leave an opinion about it or discuss it further, please do so here.

I thank truth_seeker for the opportunity to debate this topic.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 8:43:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
For future reference, I advise ignoring type2 trolls, not feeding them... Also click report on their posts when they persist in the harassment.

For one thing, if fictional has absolutely nothing to do with the debate in question.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:39:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/29/2014 6:35:48 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
So, we know the story in Genesis (https://www.biblegateway.com...) - Cain kills Abel because he was angry that God looked upon Abel's offering with favor instead of Cain's. What if God looked upon Cain's offering and not Abel's? Would Abel have killed Cain?

I will be starting a debate on this topic shortly.

Anyone willing to debate on something this is a hypothetical question is a fool. Only fools will debate fools.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:41:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/29/2014 6:39:45 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/29/2014 6:35:48 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
So, we know the story in Genesis (https://www.biblegateway.com...) - Cain kills Abel because he was angry that God looked upon Abel's offering with favor instead of Cain's. What if God looked upon Cain's offering and not Abel's? Would Abel have killed Cain?

I will be starting a debate on this topic shortly.

That oughta be one heckuva debate

It's very easy to play with the past with lies like all antichrists and false prophets do.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:43:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/2/2014 10:39:07 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/29/2014 6:35:48 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
So, we know the story in Genesis (https://www.biblegateway.com...) - Cain kills Abel because he was angry that God looked upon Abel's offering with favor instead of Cain's. What if God looked upon Cain's offering and not Abel's? Would Abel have killed Cain?

I will be starting a debate on this topic shortly.

Anyone willing to debate on something this is a hypothetical question is a fool. Only fools will debate fools.

Hmmm ... that's not very complimentary. You are saying that there are eight other fools running around here on debate.org
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."