Total Posts:157|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why atheists don't believe in God.

Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 12:47:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

The entire concept is nonsensical.
God creates his most loved creations in order that in the first place he sentences all of them to his eternal torture chamber, then destroys all of them sans a few cos they behaved the way he created them (oh dear) and then he had his only son/him sacrificed to himself as he had planned from before creation, just so that he could blackmail a small portion of his most loved creations to worship him and thereby avoid the eternal torture chamber he created for them.

Do you understand?

Are you freakin' serious?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 12:54:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 12:47:54 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

The entire concept is nonsensical.
God creates his most loved creations in order that in the first place he sentences all of them to his eternal torture chamber, then destroys all of them sans a few cos they behaved the way he created them (oh dear) and then he had his only son/him sacrificed to himself as he had planned from before creation, just so that he could blackmail a small portion of his most loved creations to worship him and thereby avoid the eternal torture chamber he created for them.

Do you understand?

Are you freakin' serious?

You are proving my point. Many people, who are more intelligent and better educated that you, believe in God. They have seen the same evidence you have. Yet you think it's foolish. I believe that you have never taken an unbiased look at the evidence.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 12:57:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

I believe that your statement is that of a troll--or someone who doesn't understand what it means to be bigoted. You are attributing something, based on no evidence, to an entire group of people in order to disparage them.

You are, to put it simply, wrong.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:00:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 12:54:44 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:47:54 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

The entire concept is nonsensical.
God creates his most loved creations in order that in the first place he sentences all of them to his eternal torture chamber, then destroys all of them sans a few cos they behaved the way he created them (oh dear) and then he had his only son/him sacrificed to himself as he had planned from before creation, just so that he could blackmail a small portion of his most loved creations to worship him and thereby avoid the eternal torture chamber he created for them.

Do you understand?

Are you freakin' serious?

You are proving my point. Many people, who are more intelligent and better educated that you, believe in God. They have seen the same evidence you have. Yet you think it's foolish. I believe that you have never taken an unbiased look at the evidence.

So you didn't or couldn't read what I wrote.
Good luck, just denying is not responding.
Just sayin'.
LOL
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:01:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 12:57:38 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

I believe that your statement is that of a troll--or someone who doesn't understand what it means to be bigoted. You are attributing something, based on no evidence, to an entire group of people in order to disparage them.

You are, to put it simply, wrong.

YOU are wrong. My opinion is based on my understanding of Scripture. The Bible says that Lucifer rebelled against God because of his pride. How could it be any different for humans? I am NOT a bigot. I did not post this to disparage anyone. This is my opinion. Nothing more. It's funny how some people, who disagree with another person, always call them bigots.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:03:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

The evidence for god generally consists of dogma, blind faith, anecdotal evidence, or arguments from ignorance. These are not what anyone would consider to be evidence in any other aspect of reality, only when it comes to god. Basically, the goal is to have as many truths and as few falsehoods as possbile in our reality. (Matt Dillahunty, paraphrased) The quality of evidence is lacking for such an extraordinary claim as god.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:04:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:01:44 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:57:38 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

I believe that your statement is that of a troll--or someone who doesn't understand what it means to be bigoted. You are attributing something, based on no evidence, to an entire group of people in order to disparage them.

You are, to put it simply, wrong.

YOU are wrong.

Asserting it doesn't make it so.

My opinion is based on my understanding of Scripture. The Bible says that Lucifer rebelled against God because of his pride. How could it be any different for humans? I am NOT a bigot.

Again, you made a sweeping, negative generalization of an entire group of people based on no evidence regarding those people for that generalization.

That is bigotry. Simply asserting otherwise doesn't make it not bigotry, any more than a person who says "All Christians are stupid" is not being bigoted.

I did not post this to disparage anyone.

I flatly do not believe you.

This is my opinion. Nothing more. It's funny how some people, who disagree with another person, always call them bigots.

I don't "always" call people bigots. I call people who make sweeping negative generalizations of groups of people without evidence of said generalization's truth bigots. Because that's bigotry.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:05:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:03:31 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

The evidence for god generally consists of dogma, blind faith, anecdotal evidence, or arguments from ignorance. These are not what anyone would consider to be evidence in any other aspect of reality, only when it comes to god. Basically, the goal is to have as many truths and as few falsehoods as possbile in our reality. (Matt Dillahunty, paraphrased) The quality of evidence is lacking for such an extraordinary claim as god.

That's your opinion. Others believe differently. Who are you to say that they are wrong?
KafkaF
Posts: 103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:10:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence.

Evidence for God? Show it to me.

Evidence for Creation? You'll make me laugh - Creation possesses almost NO valid evidence and there is A LOT of reliable evidence that proves that it is merely a myth without any scientific grounding at all.

Jesus? I was never too involved in the 'Jesus mythery debate' and I'm not sure about the evidence. Although I definitely believe that the man Jesus existed(I'm not sure why, though) but I am almost sure that the claims of divinity are bogus.

They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe.

Give me an example of at least 3, just 3 atheists on this site claiming that all Christians are gullible and stupid. You'll have a hard time doing that.

Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

LMAO you were complaining about generalisations just a statement ago and you are already starting to talk about how almost all atheists are 'rude and insulting'. For every example of an atheist insulting someone unprovoked, I can bet that I will be able to give you two examples of a theist doing the same.(On this forum)

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful.

Has it ever ocurred to you that perhaps, we atheists don't care what your book says we should and shouldn't do. Sure, there are some things that we, like everyone else in the world, consider bad, e.g. murder, rape, larceny etc. but in all honesty we really, sincerely don't care what your books says about things like, for example, extramaritial sex.

The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God.

1. The Bible isn't a factual source on all matters, FYI.

2. Do you seriously think that all of us 'evil' atheists actually believe in your God and are all just in an evil Illuminati conspiracy to deny it? Sounds legit to me.

Atheists know that He is real

In other words, you were never an atheist(which you claimed once) and it's plainfully obvious that you are someone who would lie just to seem more credible.

and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

Even if it was proven without reasonable doubt that your God existed, I'd still not give a flying cr*p about him and his 'laws'. Why? Because the Bible, IMO, describes him as a genocidal, overly-bossy douchebag who can't even follow his own moral guidelines.
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:17:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:04:42 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:01:44 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:57:38 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

I believe that your statement is that of a troll--or someone who doesn't understand what it means to be bigoted. You are attributing something, based on no evidence, to an entire group of people in order to disparage them.

You are, to put it simply, wrong.

YOU are wrong.

Asserting it doesn't make it so.

That is nothing more that YOUR assertion.

My opinion is based on my understanding of Scripture. The Bible says that Lucifer rebelled against God because of his pride. How could it be any different for humans? I am NOT a bigot.

Again, you made a sweeping, negative generalization of an entire group of people based on no evidence regarding those people for that generalization.

When I say atheists, I'm referring to those, who have heard the Gospel message, and not only reject it but actively try to discredit that message, so others are led astray. Not all atheists are like this. After all, many of them eventually become believers. So it is not a sweeping statement. And it is based on the Scriptures. That's my evidence.

That is bigotry. Simply asserting otherwise doesn't make it not bigotry, any more than a person who says "All Christians are stupid" is not being bigoted.

Simply asserting that it is bigotry does not make it so. You are calling me a bigot, simply for disagreeing with you. I have evidence to back my opinion. How is that bigotry. You might just as well say that calling pedophilia wrong is bigotry.

I did not post this to disparage anyone.

I flatly do not believe you.

And you can believe whatever you want. Doesn't mean you're right.

This is my opinion. Nothing more. It's funny how some people, who disagree with another person, always call them bigots.

I don't "always" call people bigots. I call people who make sweeping negative generalizations of groups of people without evidence of said generalization's truth bigots. Because that's bigotry.

I believe I already addressed this point. I can back up what I say from Scripture. But then, I guess you think the Bible is bigoted too.
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:20:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:10:00 PM, KafkaF wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence.

Evidence for God? Show it to me.

Evidence for Creation? You'll make me laugh - Creation possesses almost NO valid evidence and there is A LOT of reliable evidence that proves that it is merely a myth without any scientific grounding at all.

Jesus? I was never too involved in the 'Jesus mythery debate' and I'm not sure about the evidence. Although I definitely believe that the man Jesus existed(I'm not sure why, though) but I am almost sure that the claims of divinity are bogus.

They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe.

Give me an example of at least 3, just 3 atheists on this site claiming that all Christians are gullible and stupid. You'll have a hard time doing that.

Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

LMAO you were complaining about generalisations just a statement ago and you are already starting to talk about how almost all atheists are 'rude and insulting'. For every example of an atheist insulting someone unprovoked, I can bet that I will be able to give you two examples of a theist doing the same.(On this forum)

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful.

Has it ever ocurred to you that perhaps, we atheists don't care what your book says we should and shouldn't do. Sure, there are some things that we, like everyone else in the world, consider bad, e.g. murder, rape, larceny etc. but in all honesty we really, sincerely don't care what your books says about things like, for example, extramaritial sex.

The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God.

1. The Bible isn't a factual source on all matters, FYI.

2. Do you seriously think that all of us 'evil' atheists actually believe in your God and are all just in an evil Illuminati conspiracy to deny it? Sounds legit to me.

Atheists know that He is real

In other words, you were never an atheist(which you claimed once) and it's plainfully obvious that you are someone who would lie just to seem more credible.

and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

Even if it was proven without reasonable doubt that your God existed, I'd still not give a flying cr*p about him and his 'laws'. Why? Because the Bible, IMO, describes him as a genocidal, overly-bossy douchebag who can't even follow his own moral guidelines.

I don't even need to respond to this. Your own words condemn you.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:22:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:05:27 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:03:31 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

The evidence for god generally consists of dogma, blind faith, anecdotal evidence, or arguments from ignorance. These are not what anyone would consider to be evidence in any other aspect of reality, only when it comes to god. Basically, the goal is to have as many truths and as few falsehoods as possbile in our reality. (Matt Dillahunty, paraphrased) The quality of evidence is lacking for such an extraordinary claim as god.

That's your opinion. Others believe differently. Who are you to say that they are wrong?

If you are suggesting you are likely to believe a claim only on anecdotal evidence or arguments from ignorance, then you must believe the Easter bunny and Santa are real, and we live on a flat Earth in a geo-centric solar system. If you commonly hold beliefs such as these as part of your reality, then I will concur it is only my opinion (and not yours) about what consists of evidence for reality.

Otherwise, I say that standard of evidence is weak for regular reality, and should not be used to prove something beyond reality.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
KafkaF
Posts: 103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:25:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:20:11 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:10:00 PM, KafkaF wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence.

Evidence for God? Show it to me.

Evidence for Creation? You'll make me laugh - Creation possesses almost NO valid evidence and there is A LOT of reliable evidence that proves that it is merely a myth without any scientific grounding at all.

Jesus? I was never too involved in the 'Jesus mythery debate' and I'm not sure about the evidence. Although I definitely believe that the man Jesus existed(I'm not sure why, though) but I am almost sure that the claims of divinity are bogus.

They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe.

Give me an example of at least 3, just 3 atheists on this site claiming that all Christians are gullible and stupid. You'll have a hard time doing that.

Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

LMAO you were complaining about generalisations just a statement ago and you are already starting to talk about how almost all atheists are 'rude and insulting'. For every example of an atheist insulting someone unprovoked, I can bet that I will be able to give you two examples of a theist doing the same.(On this forum)

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful.

Has it ever ocurred to you that perhaps, we atheists don't care what your book says we should and shouldn't do. Sure, there are some things that we, like everyone else in the world, consider bad, e.g. murder, rape, larceny etc. but in all honesty we really, sincerely don't care what your books says about things like, for example, extramaritial sex.

The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God.

1. The Bible isn't a factual source on all matters, FYI.

2. Do you seriously think that all of us 'evil' atheists actually believe in your God and are all just in an evil Illuminati conspiracy to deny it? Sounds legit to me.

Atheists know that He is real

In other words, you were never an atheist(which you claimed once) and it's plainfully obvious that you are someone who would lie just to seem more credible.

and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

Even if it was proven without reasonable doubt that your God existed, I'd still not give a flying cr*p about him and his 'laws'. Why? Because the Bible, IMO, describes him as a genocidal, overly-bossy douchebag who can't even follow his own moral guidelines.

I don't even need to respond to this. Your own words condemn you.

What a coward, lol. As soon as somebody starts bringing up facts, this guy just plainly ignores it. How typically ignorant and close-minded. How about you actually respond to my post before you lose the last bit of credibility you have? If I am so wrong, it should be easy for you refute me.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:27:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:17:04 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:04:42 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:01:44 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:57:38 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

I believe that your statement is that of a troll--or someone who doesn't understand what it means to be bigoted. You are attributing something, based on no evidence, to an entire group of people in order to disparage them.

You are, to put it simply, wrong.

YOU are wrong.

Asserting it doesn't make it so.

That is nothing more that YOUR assertion.

You can feel free to think that, if you'd like. It doesn't change the fact that simply saying "nuh uh" is not an argument, nor does it make you right.

My opinion is based on my understanding of Scripture. The Bible says that Lucifer rebelled against God because of his pride. How could it be any different for humans? I am NOT a bigot.

Again, you made a sweeping, negative generalization of an entire group of people based on no evidence regarding those people for that generalization.

When I say atheists, I'm referring to those, who have heard the Gospel message, and not only reject it but actively try to discredit that message, so others are led astray.

Note that you say led astray, as though your position is true, and then impugn the motives of these atheists, as though they are leading people "Astray" on purpose.

Not all atheists are like this. After all, many of them eventually become believers. So it is not a sweeping statement. And it is based on the Scriptures. That's my evidence.

Your original statement included none of these qualifiers, such as they are. You just said "atheists". Now you say when you're talking about atheists, you're talking about a subset of atheists. If you aren't precise in your statements, you must expect to be called to account when that lack of precision is invalid.

That is bigotry. Simply asserting otherwise doesn't make it not bigotry, any more than a person who says "All Christians are stupid" is not being bigoted.

Simply asserting that it is bigotry does not make it so.

I justified my statement. You have been forced to adjust your original language--I think it's clear you've realized that you either didn't intend to make the sweeping generalization that you did make, or you realized you can't defend it. Either way, you've proved my point.

You are calling me a bigot, simply for disagreeing with you.

This is an obvious falsehood, Obvious. I have explicitly shown precisely why I called your statement bigoted. You have, in fact, responded to my reasoning. Thus, it is fair to say that you are now lying--because you know full well that this statement is untrue.

I have evidence to back my opinion. How is that bigotry. You might just as well say that calling pedophilia wrong is bigotry.

You still have yet to provide any evidence that all atheists disbelieve in god "because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful". Indeed, you backed away from a general claim about atheists, and now say you're only talking about atheists who voice objections to your position.

I did not post this to disparage anyone.

I flatly do not believe you.

And you can believe whatever you want. Doesn't mean you're right.

No, but I have grounds to believe it. Because I do not think, nor do I think anyone would agree, that you posted this without knowing it would be disparaging.

This is my opinion. Nothing more. It's funny how some people, who disagree with another person, always call them bigots.

I don't "always" call people bigots. I call people who make sweeping negative generalizations of groups of people without evidence of said generalization's truth bigots. Because that's bigotry.

I believe I already addressed this point. I can back up what I say from Scripture. But then, I guess you think the Bible is bigoted too.

Well, I do. I also think the bible endorses flatly immoral behavior, such as slavery. I believe it because it's in the book. But that's neither here nor there, and is irrelevant to this discussion. What does matter is that you made a sweeping ad hominem against atheists. You have now tried to indicate you're only talking about a subset of atheists--though you didn't qualify your statement initially. Rather than admit that the failure here is on your part, you have attempted to double-down and argue that you have evidence: show me the evidence that atheists who disagree with you do so, not because of their assessment of the evidence, but "because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful". If you do not have evidence, then what you've done is merely groundlessly demonize your opposition--which is bigotry.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
question4u
Posts: 492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:29:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

I don't refuse to believe in the creator Yahweh, because I got my evidence of his existence... However, I do have a problem in believing in a godman jesus, because I have not found any proof of his existence...Only thing that I came close to a real person that was a real man with all the similarities of jesus manhood was Joshua Pantera..., mother name was Miriam/mary, father name was Joseph. He was stoned and then hung on a tree by the jewish priest. He also lived in Egypt during his early years and their is proof of his birth place and followers in many historical documents. I believe this jesus was just a branch off from this man.. I can not believe in a person that was created by man... When I get proof I will believe... so far no one can prove true evidence of a godman name jesus existence
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:29:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:25:47 PM, KafkaF wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:20:11 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:10:00 PM, KafkaF wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence.

Evidence for God? Show it to me.

Evidence for Creation? You'll make me laugh - Creation possesses almost NO valid evidence and there is A LOT of reliable evidence that proves that it is merely a myth without any scientific grounding at all.

Jesus? I was never too involved in the 'Jesus mythery debate' and I'm not sure about the evidence. Although I definitely believe that the man Jesus existed(I'm not sure why, though) but I am almost sure that the claims of divinity are bogus.

They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe.

Give me an example of at least 3, just 3 atheists on this site claiming that all Christians are gullible and stupid. You'll have a hard time doing that.

Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

LMAO you were complaining about generalisations just a statement ago and you are already starting to talk about how almost all atheists are 'rude and insulting'. For every example of an atheist insulting someone unprovoked, I can bet that I will be able to give you two examples of a theist doing the same.(On this forum)

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful.

Has it ever ocurred to you that perhaps, we atheists don't care what your book says we should and shouldn't do. Sure, there are some things that we, like everyone else in the world, consider bad, e.g. murder, rape, larceny etc. but in all honesty we really, sincerely don't care what your books says about things like, for example, extramaritial sex.

The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God.

1. The Bible isn't a factual source on all matters, FYI.

2. Do you seriously think that all of us 'evil' atheists actually believe in your God and are all just in an evil Illuminati conspiracy to deny it? Sounds legit to me.

Atheists know that He is real

In other words, you were never an atheist(which you claimed once) and it's plainfully obvious that you are someone who would lie just to seem more credible.

and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

Even if it was proven without reasonable doubt that your God existed, I'd still not give a flying cr*p about him and his 'laws'. Why? Because the Bible, IMO, describes him as a genocidal, overly-bossy douchebag who can't even follow his own moral guidelines.

I don't even need to respond to this. Your own words condemn you.

What a coward, lol. As soon as somebody starts bringing up facts, this guy just plainly ignores it. How typically ignorant and close-minded. How about you actually respond to my post before you lose the last bit of credibility you have? If I am so wrong, it should be easy for you refute me.

I don't need to refute what you say. Gods word has already done that. And I'd be wasting my breath, anyway. Your bias and hatred are obvious, so debating you would be a waste of my time. And I'm not getting any younger.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:29:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

You make a claim and they deny said claim. IT is your responsibility to prove them wrong. I usually count myself among the broader umbrella of theism (I see the Gods as a force rather than a being) but I don't stand by people such as yourself.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:33:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:29:24 PM, question4u wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

I don't refuse to believe in the creator Yahweh, because I got my evidence of his existence... However, I do have a problem in believing in a godman jesus, because I have not found any proof of his existence...Only thing that I came close to a real person that was a real man with all the similarities of jesus manhood was Joshua Pantera..., mother name was Miriam/mary, father name was Joseph. He was stoned and then hung on a tree by the jewish priest. He also lived in Egypt during his early years and their is proof of his birth place and followers in many historical documents. I believe this jesus was just a branch off from this man.. I can not believe in a person that was created by man... When I get proof I will believe... so far no one can prove true evidence of a godman name jesus existence

Sorry to hear that. The evidence is there. Maybe, one day, God will open your eyes to the truth. The Bible says that God reveals Himself to those who diligently seek Him. Maybe you're not looking hard enough? ^_^
KafkaF
Posts: 103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:34:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:29:37 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:25:47 PM, KafkaF wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:20:11 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:10:00 PM, KafkaF wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence.

Evidence for God? Show it to me.

Evidence for Creation? You'll make me laugh - Creation possesses almost NO valid evidence and there is A LOT of reliable evidence that proves that it is merely a myth without any scientific grounding at all.

Jesus? I was never too involved in the 'Jesus mythery debate' and I'm not sure about the evidence. Although I definitely believe that the man Jesus existed(I'm not sure why, though) but I am almost sure that the claims of divinity are bogus.

They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe.

Give me an example of at least 3, just 3 atheists on this site claiming that all Christians are gullible and stupid. You'll have a hard time doing that.

Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

LMAO you were complaining about generalisations just a statement ago and you are already starting to talk about how almost all atheists are 'rude and insulting'. For every example of an atheist insulting someone unprovoked, I can bet that I will be able to give you two examples of a theist doing the same.(On this forum)

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful.

Has it ever ocurred to you that perhaps, we atheists don't care what your book says we should and shouldn't do. Sure, there are some things that we, like everyone else in the world, consider bad, e.g. murder, rape, larceny etc. but in all honesty we really, sincerely don't care what your books says about things like, for example, extramaritial sex.

The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God.

1. The Bible isn't a factual source on all matters, FYI.

2. Do you seriously think that all of us 'evil' atheists actually believe in your God and are all just in an evil Illuminati conspiracy to deny it? Sounds legit to me.

Atheists know that He is real

In other words, you were never an atheist(which you claimed once) and it's plainfully obvious that you are someone who would lie just to seem more credible.

and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

Even if it was proven without reasonable doubt that your God existed, I'd still not give a flying cr*p about him and his 'laws'. Why? Because the Bible, IMO, describes him as a genocidal, overly-bossy douchebag who can't even follow his own moral guidelines.

I don't even need to respond to this. Your own words condemn you.

What a coward, lol. As soon as somebody starts bringing up facts, this guy just plainly ignores it. How typically ignorant and close-minded. How about you actually respond to my post before you lose the last bit of credibility you have? If I am so wrong, it should be easy for you refute me.

I don't need to refute what you say. Gods word has already done that.

*sigh*

Your bias and hatred are obvious

This is so ironic coming from a person like you.

so debating you would be a waste of my time.

LOL no, you are just scared your beliefs will get proven wrong. If this isn't the case, then tell me why you never answered my debate on evolution I sent you? I was very sincere then, yet you ignored it. This, IMO is enough to prove you are just one of those wimps that doesn't even try to defend their beliefs.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:36:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Have there been any studies on why theists deny the possibility of the Gods not existing, and break down when it is mentioned?
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:37:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:22:03 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:05:27 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:03:31 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

The evidence for god generally consists of dogma, blind faith, anecdotal evidence, or arguments from ignorance. These are not what anyone would consider to be evidence in any other aspect of reality, only when it comes to god. Basically, the goal is to have as many truths and as few falsehoods as possbile in our reality. (Matt Dillahunty, paraphrased) The quality of evidence is lacking for such an extraordinary claim as god.

That's your opinion. Others believe differently. Who are you to say that they are wrong?

If you are suggesting you are likely to believe a claim only on anecdotal evidence or arguments from ignorance, then you must believe the Easter bunny and Santa are real, and we live on a flat Earth in a geo-centric solar system. If you commonly hold beliefs such as these as part of your reality, then I will concur it is only my opinion (and not yours) about what consists of evidence for reality.

Otherwise, I say that standard of evidence is weak for regular reality, and should not be used to prove something beyond reality.

If the standard of evidence is so weak, why do so many people believe it? Oh. That's right. They're just a bunch of ignorant fools. Got it. You have a blessed day.
KafkaF
Posts: 103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:37:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Guys, this person is either a troll or is so closed-minded that there is no point in even arguing with him. He seems to casually dismiss anything you say that goes against his claims. He's kind of like sovereigngracereigns and LifeMeansGodIsGood in that he is only here to preach and start flamewars. Maybe if we ignore him he'll go away.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:46:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:37:07 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:22:03 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:05:27 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:03:31 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

The evidence for god generally consists of dogma, blind faith, anecdotal evidence, or arguments from ignorance. These are not what anyone would consider to be evidence in any other aspect of reality, only when it comes to god. Basically, the goal is to have as many truths and as few falsehoods as possbile in our reality. (Matt Dillahunty, paraphrased) The quality of evidence is lacking for such an extraordinary claim as god.

That's your opinion. Others believe differently. Who are you to say that they are wrong?

If you are suggesting you are likely to believe a claim only on anecdotal evidence or arguments from ignorance, then you must believe the Easter bunny and Santa are real, and we live on a flat Earth in a geo-centric solar system. If you commonly hold beliefs such as these as part of your reality, then I will concur it is only my opinion (and not yours) about what consists of evidence for reality.

Otherwise, I say that standard of evidence is weak for regular reality, and should not be used to prove something beyond reality.

If the standard of evidence is so weak, why do so many people believe it? Oh. That's right. They're just a bunch of ignorant fools. Got it. You have a blessed day.

Being ignorant does not necessarily make you a fool, but evidence relying on ignorance is fundamentally flawed.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:53:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:46:01 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:37:07 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:22:03 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:05:27 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:03:31 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

The evidence for god generally consists of dogma, blind faith, anecdotal evidence, or arguments from ignorance. These are not what anyone would consider to be evidence in any other aspect of reality, only when it comes to god. Basically, the goal is to have as many truths and as few falsehoods as possbile in our reality. (Matt Dillahunty, paraphrased) The quality of evidence is lacking for such an extraordinary claim as god.

That's your opinion. Others believe differently. Who are you to say that they are wrong?

If you are suggesting you are likely to believe a claim only on anecdotal evidence or arguments from ignorance, then you must believe the Easter bunny and Santa are real, and we live on a flat Earth in a geo-centric solar system. If you commonly hold beliefs such as these as part of your reality, then I will concur it is only my opinion (and not yours) about what consists of evidence for reality.

Otherwise, I say that standard of evidence is weak for regular reality, and should not be used to prove something beyond reality.

If the standard of evidence is so weak, why do so many people believe it? Oh. That's right. They're just a bunch of ignorant fools. Got it. You have a blessed day.

Being ignorant does not necessarily make you a fool, but evidence relying on ignorance is fundamentally flawed.

Once again, You say this evidence is flawed. Others do not. What makes your belief any more valid than another persons? Many people, who are smarter and better educated than either one of us, believe in God. I have seen arguments by some of the great theologians that I find convincing. Why should I take your word over theirs. What your argument boils down to, is that Christians are misguided. That is not an argument. It's your opinion. And, dare I say, a misguided one.
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 2:01:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why atheists don't believe in God. My first guess would be because they say they don't. I take a man at his word. Atheists say they don't believe in God so they don't. I could care less why, it's none of my business why they don't, anymore than it's their business to know why people do believe in god.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 2:15:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:53:53 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:46:01 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:37:07 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:22:03 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:05:27 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:03:31 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

The evidence for god generally consists of dogma, blind faith, anecdotal evidence, or arguments from ignorance. These are not what anyone would consider to be evidence in any other aspect of reality, only when it comes to god. Basically, the goal is to have as many truths and as few falsehoods as possbile in our reality. (Matt Dillahunty, paraphrased) The quality of evidence is lacking for such an extraordinary claim as god.

That's your opinion. Others believe differently. Who are you to say that they are wrong?

If you are suggesting you are likely to believe a claim only on anecdotal evidence or arguments from ignorance, then you must believe the Easter bunny and Santa are real, and we live on a flat Earth in a geo-centric solar system. If you commonly hold beliefs such as these as part of your reality, then I will concur it is only my opinion (and not yours) about what consists of evidence for reality.

Otherwise, I say that standard of evidence is weak for regular reality, and should not be used to prove something beyond reality.

If the standard of evidence is so weak, why do so many people believe it? Oh. That's right. They're just a bunch of ignorant fools. Got it. You have a blessed day.

Being ignorant does not necessarily make you a fool, but evidence relying on ignorance is fundamentally flawed.

Once again, You say this evidence is flawed. Others do not. What makes your belief any more valid than another persons? Many people, who are smarter and better educated than either one of us, believe in God. I have seen arguments by some of the great theologians that I find convincing. Why should I take your word over theirs. What your argument boils down to, is that Christians are misguided. That is not an argument. It's your opinion. And, dare I say, a misguided one.

Arguments from ignorance are flawed. That is not an opinion. If someone says an argument from ignorance is not flawed, then they are ignorant of what is meant by argument from ignorance. Arguments from ignorance are arguments based on no knowledge or misunderstandings of knowledge on particular subjects. That is not to say the person using such arguments is wrong, but the methods by which they arrived at their conclusion is definitely flawed and does not necessarily back their concuclusion.

I've seen many arguments from great theologians as well, and they can be very convincing with appeals to emotion and anecdotes. It is only when you consider the substance of their arguments (which I don't believe the average church goer does) you are left wanting. I have never stated you should take my word over anyone, and you are certainly welcome to believe whatever you like. Christians are misguided if they are relying on arguments from ignorance, anecdotal evidence, blind faith, or dogma as conclusive evidence for god.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 2:29:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 2:15:45 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:53:53 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:46:01 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:37:07 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:22:03 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:05:27 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:03:31 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

The evidence for god generally consists of dogma, blind faith, anecdotal evidence, or arguments from ignorance. These are not what anyone would consider to be evidence in any other aspect of reality, only when it comes to god. Basically, the goal is to have as many truths and as few falsehoods as possbile in our reality. (Matt Dillahunty, paraphrased) The quality of evidence is lacking for such an extraordinary claim as god.

That's your opinion. Others believe differently. Who are you to say that they are wrong?

If you are suggesting you are likely to believe a claim only on anecdotal evidence or arguments from ignorance, then you must believe the Easter bunny and Santa are real, and we live on a flat Earth in a geo-centric solar system. If you commonly hold beliefs such as these as part of your reality, then I will concur it is only my opinion (and not yours) about what consists of evidence for reality.

Otherwise, I say that standard of evidence is weak for regular reality, and should not be used to prove something beyond reality.

If the standard of evidence is so weak, why do so many people believe it? Oh. That's right. They're just a bunch of ignorant fools. Got it. You have a blessed day.

Being ignorant does not necessarily make you a fool, but evidence relying on ignorance is fundamentally flawed.

Once again, You say this evidence is flawed. Others do not. What makes your belief any more valid than another persons? Many people, who are smarter and better educated than either one of us, believe in God. I have seen arguments by some of the great theologians that I find convincing. Why should I take your word over theirs. What your argument boils down to, is that Christians are misguided. That is not an argument. It's your opinion. And, dare I say, a misguided one.

Arguments from ignorance are flawed. That is not an opinion. If someone says an argument from ignorance is not flawed, then they are ignorant of what is meant by argument from ignorance. Arguments from ignorance are arguments based on no knowledge or misunderstandings of knowledge on particular subjects. That is not to say the person using such arguments is wrong, but the methods by which they arrived at their conclusion is definitely flawed and does not necessarily back their concuclusion.

I've seen many arguments from great theologians as well, and they can be very convincing with appeals to emotion and anecdotes. It is only when you consider the substance of their arguments,

I have considered the substance of their arguments.

(which I don't believe the average church goer does)

Say what? Unsubstantiated opinion there.

you are left wanting.

I assure you, I am not.

I have never stated you should take my word over anyone, and you are certainly welcome to believe whatever you like. Christians are misguided if they are relying on arguments from ignorance, anecdotal evidence, blind faith, or dogma as conclusive evidence for god.

Once again, you are falling back on calling us misguided and ignorant. That doesn't help your case one bit. Everything you've said is nothing but your opinion. The evidence is there. It is compelling. I believe it 100%. We'll know the truth, one day. But for one of us, it will be too late. Assuming I'm right.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 2:41:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 2:29:25 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 2:15:45 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:53:53 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:46:01 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:37:07 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:22:03 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:05:27 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:03:31 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

The evidence for god generally consists of dogma, blind faith, anecdotal evidence, or arguments from ignorance. These are not what anyone would consider to be evidence in any other aspect of reality, only when it comes to god. Basically, the goal is to have as many truths and as few falsehoods as possbile in our reality. (Matt Dillahunty, paraphrased) The quality of evidence is lacking for such an extraordinary claim as god.

That's your opinion. Others believe differently. Who are you to say that they are wrong?

If you are suggesting you are likely to believe a claim only on anecdotal evidence or arguments from ignorance, then you must believe the Easter bunny and Santa are real, and we live on a flat Earth in a geo-centric solar system. If you commonly hold beliefs such as these as part of your reality, then I will concur it is only my opinion (and not yours) about what consists of evidence for reality.

Otherwise, I say that standard of evidence is weak for regular reality, and should not be used to prove something beyond reality.

If the standard of evidence is so weak, why do so many people believe it? Oh. That's right. They're just a bunch of ignorant fools. Got it. You have a blessed day.

Being ignorant does not necessarily make you a fool, but evidence relying on ignorance is fundamentally flawed.

Once again, You say this evidence is flawed. Others do not. What makes your belief any more valid than another persons? Many people, who are smarter and better educated than either one of us, believe in God. I have seen arguments by some of the great theologians that I find convincing. Why should I take your word over theirs. What your argument boils down to, is that Christians are misguided. That is not an argument. It's your opinion. And, dare I say, a misguided one.

Arguments from ignorance are flawed. That is not an opinion. If someone says an argument from ignorance is not flawed, then they are ignorant of what is meant by argument from ignorance. Arguments from ignorance are arguments based on no knowledge or misunderstandings of knowledge on particular subjects. That is not to say the person using such arguments is wrong, but the methods by which they arrived at their conclusion is definitely flawed and does not necessarily back their concuclusion.

I've seen many arguments from great theologians as well, and they can be very convincing with appeals to emotion and anecdotes. It is only when you consider the substance of their arguments,

I have considered the substance of their arguments.

(which I don't believe the average church goer does)

Say what? Unsubstantiated opinion there.

you are left wanting.

I assure you, I am not.

I have never stated you should take my word over anyone, and you are certainly welcome to believe whatever you like. Christians are misguided if they are relying on arguments from ignorance, anecdotal evidence, blind faith, or dogma as conclusive evidence for god.

Once again, you are falling back on calling us misguided and ignorant. That doesn't help your case one bit. Everything you've said is nothing but your opinion. The evidence is there. It is compelling. I believe it 100%. We'll know the truth, one day. But for one of us, it will be too late. Assuming I'm right.

Okay, whatever makes you happy buddy.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 3:14:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 12:38:51 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
I've seen many debates about the existence of God, Creation and whether or not Jesus was real. I've seen the evidence for both sides many times. Atheists claim that there is no evidence for God, even after being shown said evidence. They claim that Christians are a bunch of gullible fools, and worse, despite the fact that many people of high intelligence and formal education believe. Almost without exception, they are rude and insulting.

I believe that Atheists refuse to believe in God, because of pride, and a desire to continue doing that which is sinful. The Bible states that every human is born with a knowledge of God. Atheists know that He is real, and that they must answer to Him one day. They do not want to be accountable to a higher power. They believe a lie so that their conscience won't keep them up at night.

What do you think?

Response: I have been saying this for some time on this forum. Atheists do not believe in God not because there is no evidence for God's existence, but because they dislike the attributes of God and religion. For example, they don't like Hell, so God does not exist. Or they don't like the moral construct such as how man and women should eat, dress, and behave, or the religious stance on homosexuality, or why would God create humans in the first place, ...etc.. This is why they say God does not exist. It is the attributes that they dislike.

The problem is that even if you dislike these attributes, it does not mean that God does not exist. For in the end, it is still completely illogical to claim that intelligence life and the sophisticated order in the universe originates from chance, rather than choice. No atheists can show that order from chance is more logical than from choice. So they have no reason to say that creation from choice is false. None. Yet because religious people say that this intelligent designer also created Hell and other attributes that they dislike, that say an intelligent designer or God does not exist. Not because creation from choice is illogical, but because the attribute of Hell, the existence of evil, etc., and other attributes of God are disliked by them so they refuse to worship such a God and acknowledge such a God exist. That is the truth of the matter. It would be nice for an atheist to be honest and finally admit so for once.