Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

Atheist Logic

LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 12:56:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
1. If reading a verse in context makes Christianity look less flawed than what I think of it, that verse must be interpreted literally. The people who study the Bible regularly are wrong about the context of the Bible and I the atheist am right.
2. If Heaven existed this life would still be the most important thing therefore it is evil of God to allow bad things to happen to us on the temporary Earth I was once a Christian but then my 97 year old grandmother died and she must not be still alive in another life so I am mad at God and became an atheist because I am mad at God therefore He doesn't exist.
3. All suffering on Earth is God's fault because rapists rape people and Hitler killed people so clearly God caused all that and not humans.
4. I the atheist know more about the Bible than Christians because tests show that I have a higher "religious literacy" which means I study other religions other than Christianity and thus that means I know more about Christianity than people who regularly read the Bible in the right context do.
5. I read the Bible regularly to find flaws in it instead of reading it to learn from it therefore I have the right context and thus I know more about Bible than theists.
6. All Christians are bad because of the Inquisitions and Holy Wars hundreds of years ago and all Christians are hypocrites who molest children because a pastor of a Megachurch or a Catholic Priest did this. Christians who aren't hypocrites do not exist all Christians are hypocrites.
7. I do not see the good that religion has done because religion is only evil and barbaric and religion suppresses women by causing them to adopt the gender roles which they are more prepared biologically and mentally for taking up.
8. I obsessively study religious texts to try to debunk them yet I am not worried in the slightest that religion is true.
9. The condoning of slavery in the Old Testament has nothing to do with the "hardness of your hearts" which Jesus explained as being the reason that divorce was allowed in the law and the Book of Philemon shows that the Bible advocated enslaving people and oppressing them.
10. The full Burden of Proof is on religious people to prove that God doesn't exist despite the countless people in history describing having experienced supernatural stuff known as miracles and all of it has a natural explanation such as when someone is almost completely out of fuel for their stove and yet the fire for that stove burns for a week or two that has a natural explanation.
11. The Canaanites being wiped out is evil of God because they were not bad and the little Canaanite children could not have possibly gone to Heaven.
12. The Bible condones rape because it says that rapists have to take responsibility for their actions and the Bible always cheers on rapists because I say so.
13. The Bible condones infanticide because of verses warning Israelites not to go astray and all children killed will go to Hell or stop existing because I say so.
14. Nobody has ever been killed in the name of Anti-Theism which is an offshoot of atheism and the suppression of religion in the Soviet Union is either a myth or a good thing because religious people deserve to die because of Crusaders 1000 years ago.
15. God has no right to throw anyone in Hell because God did not create people because I say so and people who have not heard about the Gospel are condemned to Hell because I say so and God is unjust because I say so. And I can understand God's logic because I have human brain which is superior to God's brain because I say so so I have the right and ability to tell God that what He does makes no sense or is wrong because I know everything.

Any questions?
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:12:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 12:56:41 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
1. If reading a verse in context makes Christianity look less flawed than what I think of it, that verse must be interpreted literally. The people who study the Bible regularly are wrong about the context of the Bible and I the atheist am right.
2. If Heaven existed this life would still be the most important thing therefore it is evil of God to allow bad things to happen to us on the temporary Earth I was once a Christian but then my 97 year old grandmother died and she must not be still alive in another life so I am mad at God and became an atheist because I am mad at God therefore He doesn't exist.
3. All suffering on Earth is God's fault because rapists rape people and Hitler killed people so clearly God caused all that and not humans.
4. I the atheist know more about the Bible than Christians because tests show that I have a higher "religious literacy" which means I study other religions other than Christianity and thus that means I know more about Christianity than people who regularly read the Bible in the right context do.
5. I read the Bible regularly to find flaws in it instead of reading it to learn from it therefore I have the right context and thus I know more about Bible than theists.
6. All Christians are bad because of the Inquisitions and Holy Wars hundreds of years ago and all Christians are hypocrites who molest children because a pastor of a Megachurch or a Catholic Priest did this. Christians who aren't hypocrites do not exist all Christians are hypocrites.
7. I do not see the good that religion has done because religion is only evil and barbaric and religion suppresses women by causing them to adopt the gender roles which they are more prepared biologically and mentally for taking up.
8. I obsessively study religious texts to try to debunk them yet I am not worried in the slightest that religion is true.
9. The condoning of slavery in the Old Testament has nothing to do with the "hardness of your hearts" which Jesus explained as being the reason that divorce was allowed in the law and the Book of Philemon shows that the Bible advocated enslaving people and oppressing them.
10. The full Burden of Proof is on religious people to prove that God doesn't exist despite the countless people in history describing having experienced supernatural stuff known as miracles and all of it has a natural explanation such as when someone is almost completely out of fuel for their stove and yet the fire for that stove burns for a week or two that has a natural explanation.
11. The Canaanites being wiped out is evil of God because they were not bad and the little Canaanite children could not have possibly gone to Heaven.
12. The Bible condones rape because it says that rapists have to take responsibility for their actions and the Bible always cheers on rapists because I say so.
13. The Bible condones infanticide because of verses warning Israelites not to go astray and all children killed will go to Hell or stop existing because I say so.
14. Nobody has ever been killed in the name of Anti-Theism which is an offshoot of atheism and the suppression of religion in the Soviet Union is either a myth or a good thing because religious people deserve to die because of Crusaders 1000 years ago.
15. God has no right to throw anyone in Hell because God did not create people because I say so and people who have not heard about the Gospel are condemned to Hell because I say so and God is unjust because I say so. And I can understand God's logic because I have human brain which is superior to God's brain because I say so so I have the right and ability to tell God that what He does makes no sense or is wrong because I know everything.
16. The Bible cannot be valid because it was written several thousand years ago and if it was received from God it still cannot be valid because it was written several thousand years ago because it was thought up by goat herders not God because I say so.

Any questions?
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
ethang5
Posts: 4,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:25:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:12:01 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:56:41 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
1. If reading a verse in context makes Christianity look less flawed than what I think of it, that verse must be interpreted literally. The people who study the Bible regularly are wrong about the context of the Bible and I the atheist am right.
2. If Heaven existed this life would still be the most important thing therefore it is evil of God to allow bad things to happen to us on the temporary Earth I was once a Christian but then my 97 year old grandmother died and she must not be still alive in another life so I am mad at God and became an atheist because I am mad at God therefore He doesn't exist.
3. All suffering on Earth is God's fault because rapists rape people and Hitler killed people so clearly God caused all that and not humans.
4. I the atheist know more about the Bible than Christians because tests show that I have a higher "religious literacy" which means I study other religions other than Christianity and thus that means I know more about Christianity than people who regularly read the Bible in the right context do.
5. I read the Bible regularly to find flaws in it instead of reading it to learn from it therefore I have the right context and thus I know more about Bible than theists.
6. All Christians are bad because of the Inquisitions and Holy Wars hundreds of years ago and all Christians are hypocrites who molest children because a pastor of a Megachurch or a Catholic Priest did this. Christians who aren't hypocrites do not exist all Christians are hypocrites.
7. I do not see the good that religion has done because religion is only evil and barbaric and religion suppresses women by causing them to adopt the gender roles which they are more prepared biologically and mentally for taking up.
8. I obsessively study religious texts to try to debunk them yet I am not worried in the slightest that religion is true.
9. The condoning of slavery in the Old Testament has nothing to do with the "hardness of your hearts" which Jesus explained as being the reason that divorce was allowed in the law and the Book of Philemon shows that the Bible advocated enslaving people and oppressing them.
10. The full Burden of Proof is on religious people to prove that God doesn't exist despite the countless people in history describing having experienced supernatural stuff known as miracles and all of it has a natural explanation such as when someone is almost completely out of fuel for their stove and yet the fire for that stove burns for a week or two that has a natural explanation.
11. The Canaanites being wiped out is evil of God because they were not bad and the little Canaanite children could not have possibly gone to Heaven.
12. The Bible condones rape because it says that rapists have to take responsibility for their actions and the Bible always cheers on rapists because I say so.
13. The Bible condones infanticide because of verses warning Israelites not to go astray and all children killed will go to Hell or stop existing because I say so.
14. Nobody has ever been killed in the name of Anti-Theism which is an offshoot of atheism and the suppression of religion in the Soviet Union is either a myth or a good thing because religious people deserve to die because of Crusaders 1000 years ago.
15. God has no right to throw anyone in Hell because God did not create people because I say so and people who have not heard about the Gospel are condemned to Hell because I say so and God is unjust because I say so. And I can understand God's logic because I have human brain which is superior to God's brain because I say so so I have the right and ability to tell God that what He does makes no sense or is wrong because I know everything.
16. The Bible cannot be valid because it was written several thousand years ago and if it was received from God it still cannot be valid because it was written several thousand years ago because it was thought up by goat herders not God because I say so.

Any questions?

Yes.

#8. I obsessively study religious texts to try to debunk them yet I am not worried in the slightest that religion is true.

So then why the obsession?
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:35:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:25:44 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:12:01 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:56:41 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
1. If reading a verse in context makes Christianity look less flawed than what I think of it, that verse must be interpreted literally. The people who study the Bible regularly are wrong about the context of the Bible and I the atheist am right.
2. If Heaven existed this life would still be the most important thing therefore it is evil of God to allow bad things to happen to us on the temporary Earth I was once a Christian but then my 97 year old grandmother died and she must not be still alive in another life so I am mad at God and became an atheist because I am mad at God therefore He doesn't exist.
3. All suffering on Earth is God's fault because rapists rape people and Hitler killed people so clearly God caused all that and not humans.
4. I the atheist know more about the Bible than Christians because tests show that I have a higher "religious literacy" which means I study other religions other than Christianity and thus that means I know more about Christianity than people who regularly read the Bible in the right context do.
5. I read the Bible regularly to find flaws in it instead of reading it to learn from it therefore I have the right context and thus I know more about Bible than theists.
6. All Christians are bad because of the Inquisitions and Holy Wars hundreds of years ago and all Christians are hypocrites who molest children because a pastor of a Megachurch or a Catholic Priest did this. Christians who aren't hypocrites do not exist all Christians are hypocrites.
7. I do not see the good that religion has done because religion is only evil and barbaric and religion suppresses women by causing them to adopt the gender roles which they are more prepared biologically and mentally for taking up.
8. I obsessively study religious texts to try to debunk them yet I am not worried in the slightest that religion is true.
9. The condoning of slavery in the Old Testament has nothing to do with the "hardness of your hearts" which Jesus explained as being the reason that divorce was allowed in the law and the Book of Philemon shows that the Bible advocated enslaving people and oppressing them.
10. The full Burden of Proof is on religious people to prove that God doesn't exist despite the countless people in history describing having experienced supernatural stuff known as miracles and all of it has a natural explanation such as when someone is almost completely out of fuel for their stove and yet the fire for that stove burns for a week or two that has a natural explanation.
11. The Canaanites being wiped out is evil of God because they were not bad and the little Canaanite children could not have possibly gone to Heaven.
12. The Bible condones rape because it says that rapists have to take responsibility for their actions and the Bible always cheers on rapists because I say so.
13. The Bible condones infanticide because of verses warning Israelites not to go astray and all children killed will go to Hell or stop existing because I say so.
14. Nobody has ever been killed in the name of Anti-Theism which is an offshoot of atheism and the suppression of religion in the Soviet Union is either a myth or a good thing because religious people deserve to die because of Crusaders 1000 years ago.
15. God has no right to throw anyone in Hell because God did not create people because I say so and people who have not heard about the Gospel are condemned to Hell because I say so and God is unjust because I say so. And I can understand God's logic because I have human brain which is superior to God's brain because I say so so I have the right and ability to tell God that what He does makes no sense or is wrong because I know everything.
16. The Bible cannot be valid because it was written several thousand years ago and if it was received from God it still cannot be valid because it was written several thousand years ago because it was thought up by goat herders not God because I say so.

Any questions?

Yes.

#8. I obsessively study religious texts to try to debunk them yet I am not worried in the slightest that religion is true.

So then why the obsession?

That's the point; it doesn't make sense.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
ethang5
Posts: 4,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:37:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:35:12 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:25:44 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:12:01 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:56:41 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
1. If reading a verse in context makes Christianity look less flawed than what I think of it, that verse must be interpreted literally. The people who study the Bible regularly are wrong about the context of the Bible and I the atheist am right.
2. If Heaven existed this life would still be the most important thing therefore it is evil of God to allow bad things to happen to us on the temporary Earth I was once a Christian but then my 97 year old grandmother died and she must not be still alive in another life so I am mad at God and became an atheist because I am mad at God therefore He doesn't exist.
3. All suffering on Earth is God's fault because rapists rape people and Hitler killed people so clearly God caused all that and not humans.
4. I the atheist know more about the Bible than Christians because tests show that I have a higher "religious literacy" which means I study other religions other than Christianity and thus that means I know more about Christianity than people who regularly read the Bible in the right context do.
5. I read the Bible regularly to find flaws in it instead of reading it to learn from it therefore I have the right context and thus I know more about Bible than theists.
6. All Christians are bad because of the Inquisitions and Holy Wars hundreds of years ago and all Christians are hypocrites who molest children because a pastor of a Megachurch or a Catholic Priest did this. Christians who aren't hypocrites do not exist all Christians are hypocrites.
7. I do not see the good that religion has done because religion is only evil and barbaric and religion suppresses women by causing them to adopt the gender roles which they are more prepared biologically and mentally for taking up.
8. I obsessively study religious texts to try to debunk them yet I am not worried in the slightest that religion is true.
9. The condoning of slavery in the Old Testament has nothing to do with the "hardness of your hearts" which Jesus explained as being the reason that divorce was allowed in the law and the Book of Philemon shows that the Bible advocated enslaving people and oppressing them.
10. The full Burden of Proof is on religious people to prove that God doesn't exist despite the countless people in history describing having experienced supernatural stuff known as miracles and all of it has a natural explanation such as when someone is almost completely out of fuel for their stove and yet the fire for that stove burns for a week or two that has a natural explanation.
11. The Canaanites being wiped out is evil of God because they were not bad and the little Canaanite children could not have possibly gone to Heaven.
12. The Bible condones rape because it says that rapists have to take responsibility for their actions and the Bible always cheers on rapists because I say so.
13. The Bible condones infanticide because of verses warning Israelites not to go astray and all children killed will go to Hell or stop existing because I say so.
14. Nobody has ever been killed in the name of Anti-Theism which is an offshoot of atheism and the suppression of religion in the Soviet Union is either a myth or a good thing because religious people deserve to die because of Crusaders 1000 years ago.
15. God has no right to throw anyone in Hell because God did not create people because I say so and people who have not heard about the Gospel are condemned to Hell because I say so and God is unjust because I say so. And I can understand God's logic because I have human brain which is superior to God's brain because I say so so I have the right and ability to tell God that what He does makes no sense or is wrong because I know everything.
16. The Bible cannot be valid because it was written several thousand years ago and if it was received from God it still cannot be valid because it was written several thousand years ago because it was thought up by goat herders not God because I say so.

Any questions?

Yes.

#8. I obsessively study religious texts to try to debunk them yet I am not worried in the slightest that religion is true.

So then why the obsession?

That's the point; it doesn't make sense.

Are you implying that atheists deliberately try to be stupid?
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:39:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:37:16 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:35:12 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:25:44 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:12:01 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:56:41 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
1. If reading a verse in context makes Christianity look less flawed than what I think of it, that verse must be interpreted literally. The people who study the Bible regularly are wrong about the context of the Bible and I the atheist am right.
2. If Heaven existed this life would still be the most important thing therefore it is evil of God to allow bad things to happen to us on the temporary Earth I was once a Christian but then my 97 year old grandmother died and she must not be still alive in another life so I am mad at God and became an atheist because I am mad at God therefore He doesn't exist.
3. All suffering on Earth is God's fault because rapists rape people and Hitler killed people so clearly God caused all that and not humans.
4. I the atheist know more about the Bible than Christians because tests show that I have a higher "religious literacy" which means I study other religions other than Christianity and thus that means I know more about Christianity than people who regularly read the Bible in the right context do.
5. I read the Bible regularly to find flaws in it instead of reading it to learn from it therefore I have the right context and thus I know more about Bible than theists.
6. All Christians are bad because of the Inquisitions and Holy Wars hundreds of years ago and all Christians are hypocrites who molest children because a pastor of a Megachurch or a Catholic Priest did this. Christians who aren't hypocrites do not exist all Christians are hypocrites.
7. I do not see the good that religion has done because religion is only evil and barbaric and religion suppresses women by causing them to adopt the gender roles which they are more prepared biologically and mentally for taking up.
8. I obsessively study religious texts to try to debunk them yet I am not worried in the slightest that religion is true.
9. The condoning of slavery in the Old Testament has nothing to do with the "hardness of your hearts" which Jesus explained as being the reason that divorce was allowed in the law and the Book of Philemon shows that the Bible advocated enslaving people and oppressing them.
10. The full Burden of Proof is on religious people to prove that God doesn't exist despite the countless people in history describing having experienced supernatural stuff known as miracles and all of it has a natural explanation such as when someone is almost completely out of fuel for their stove and yet the fire for that stove burns for a week or two that has a natural explanation.
11. The Canaanites being wiped out is evil of God because they were not bad and the little Canaanite children could not have possibly gone to Heaven.
12. The Bible condones rape because it says that rapists have to take responsibility for their actions and the Bible always cheers on rapists because I say so.
13. The Bible condones infanticide because of verses warning Israelites not to go astray and all children killed will go to Hell or stop existing because I say so.
14. Nobody has ever been killed in the name of Anti-Theism which is an offshoot of atheism and the suppression of religion in the Soviet Union is either a myth or a good thing because religious people deserve to die because of Crusaders 1000 years ago.
15. God has no right to throw anyone in Hell because God did not create people because I say so and people who have not heard about the Gospel are condemned to Hell because I say so and God is unjust because I say so. And I can understand God's logic because I have human brain which is superior to God's brain because I say so so I have the right and ability to tell God that what He does makes no sense or is wrong because I know everything.
16. The Bible cannot be valid because it was written several thousand years ago and if it was received from God it still cannot be valid because it was written several thousand years ago because it was thought up by goat herders not God because I say so.

Any questions?

Yes.

#8. I obsessively study religious texts to try to debunk them yet I am not worried in the slightest that religion is true.

So then why the obsession?

That's the point; it doesn't make sense.

Are you implying that atheists deliberately try to be stupid?

That's not what I mean. What I'm saying that I made this list to show that their logic doesn't make sense.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
ethang5
Posts: 4,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:51:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:39:51 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:37:16 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:35:12 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:25:44 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:12:01 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:56:41 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
1. If reading a verse in context makes Christianity look less flawed than what I think of it, that verse must be interpreted literally. The people who study the Bible regularly are wrong about the context of the Bible and I the atheist am right.
2. If Heaven existed this life would still be the most important thing therefore it is evil of God to allow bad things to happen to us on the temporary Earth I was once a Christian but then my 97 year old grandmother died and she must not be still alive in another life so I am mad at God and became an atheist because I am mad at God therefore He doesn't exist.
3. All suffering on Earth is God's fault because rapists rape people and Hitler killed people so clearly God caused all that and not humans.
4. I the atheist know more about the Bible than Christians because tests show that I have a higher "religious literacy" which means I study other religions other than Christianity and thus that means I know more about Christianity than people who regularly read the Bible in the right context do.
5. I read the Bible regularly to find flaws in it instead of reading it to learn from it therefore I have the right context and thus I know more about Bible than theists.
6. All Christians are bad because of the Inquisitions and Holy Wars hundreds of years ago and all Christians are hypocrites who molest children because a pastor of a Megachurch or a Catholic Priest did this. Christians who aren't hypocrites do not exist all Christians are hypocrites.
7. I do not see the good that religion has done because religion is only evil and barbaric and religion suppresses women by causing them to adopt the gender roles which they are more prepared biologically and mentally for taking up.
8. I obsessively study religious texts to try to debunk them yet I am not worried in the slightest that religion is true.
9. The condoning of slavery in the Old Testament has nothing to do with the "hardness of your hearts" which Jesus explained as being the reason that divorce was allowed in the law and the Book of Philemon shows that the Bible advocated enslaving people and oppressing them.
10. The full Burden of Proof is on religious people to prove that God doesn't exist despite the countless people in history describing having experienced supernatural stuff known as miracles and all of it has a natural explanation such as when someone is almost completely out of fuel for their stove and yet the fire for that stove burns for a week or two that has a natural explanation.
11. The Canaanites being wiped out is evil of God because they were not bad and the little Canaanite children could not have possibly gone to Heaven.
12. The Bible condones rape because it says that rapists have to take responsibility for their actions and the Bible always cheers on rapists because I say so.
13. The Bible condones infanticide because of verses warning Israelites not to go astray and all children killed will go to Hell or stop existing because I say so.
14. Nobody has ever been killed in the name of Anti-Theism which is an offshoot of atheism and the suppression of religion in the Soviet Union is either a myth or a good thing because religious people deserve to die because of Crusaders 1000 years ago.
15. God has no right to throw anyone in Hell because God did not create people because I say so and people who have not heard about the Gospel are condemned to Hell because I say so and God is unjust because I say so. And I can understand God's logic because I have human brain which is superior to God's brain because I say so so I have the right and ability to tell God that what He does makes no sense or is wrong because I know everything.
16. The Bible cannot be valid because it was written several thousand years ago and if it was received from God it still cannot be valid because it was written several thousand years ago because it was thought up by goat herders not God because I say so.

Any questions?

Yes.

#8. I obsessively study religious texts to try to debunk them yet I am not worried in the slightest that religion is true.

So then why the obsession?

That's the point; it doesn't make sense.

Are you implying that atheists deliberately try to be stupid?

That's not what I mean. What I'm saying that I made this list to show that their logic doesn't make sense.

So, they are not making sense but aren't aware that they aren't making sense?
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 1:58:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:51:58 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:39:51 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:37:16 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:35:12 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:25:44 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:12:01 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/30/2014 12:56:41 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
1. If reading a verse in context makes Christianity look less flawed than what I think of it, that verse must be interpreted literally. The people who study the Bible regularly are wrong about the context of the Bible and I the atheist am right.
2. If Heaven existed this life would still be the most important thing therefore it is evil of God to allow bad things to happen to us on the temporary Earth I was once a Christian but then my 97 year old grandmother died and she must not be still alive in another life so I am mad at God and became an atheist because I am mad at God therefore He doesn't exist.
3. All suffering on Earth is God's fault because rapists rape people and Hitler killed people so clearly God caused all that and not humans.
4. I the atheist know more about the Bible than Christians because tests show that I have a higher "religious literacy" which means I study other religions other than Christianity and thus that means I know more about Christianity than people who regularly read the Bible in the right context do.
5. I read the Bible regularly to find flaws in it instead of reading it to learn from it therefore I have the right context and thus I know more about Bible than theists.
6. All Christians are bad because of the Inquisitions and Holy Wars hundreds of years ago and all Christians are hypocrites who molest children because a pastor of a Megachurch or a Catholic Priest did this. Christians who aren't hypocrites do not exist all Christians are hypocrites.
7. I do not see the good that religion has done because religion is only evil and barbaric and religion suppresses women by causing them to adopt the gender roles which they are more prepared biologically and mentally for taking up.
8. I obsessively study religious texts to try to debunk them yet I am not worried in the slightest that religion is true.
9. The condoning of slavery in the Old Testament has nothing to do with the "hardness of your hearts" which Jesus explained as being the reason that divorce was allowed in the law and the Book of Philemon shows that the Bible advocated enslaving people and oppressing them.
10. The full Burden of Proof is on religious people to prove that God doesn't exist despite the countless people in history describing having experienced supernatural stuff known as miracles and all of it has a natural explanation such as when someone is almost completely out of fuel for their stove and yet the fire for that stove burns for a week or two that has a natural explanation.
11. The Canaanites being wiped out is evil of God because they were not bad and the little Canaanite children could not have possibly gone to Heaven.
12. The Bible condones rape because it says that rapists have to take responsibility for their actions and the Bible always cheers on rapists because I say so.
13. The Bible condones infanticide because of verses warning Israelites not to go astray and all children killed will go to Hell or stop existing because I say so.
14. Nobody has ever been killed in the name of Anti-Theism which is an offshoot of atheism and the suppression of religion in the Soviet Union is either a myth or a good thing because religious people deserve to die because of Crusaders 1000 years ago.
15. God has no right to throw anyone in Hell because God did not create people because I say so and people who have not heard about the Gospel are condemned to Hell because I say so and God is unjust because I say so. And I can understand God's logic because I have human brain which is superior to God's brain because I say so so I have the right and ability to tell God that what He does makes no sense or is wrong because I know everything.
16. The Bible cannot be valid because it was written several thousand years ago and if it was received from God it still cannot be valid because it was written several thousand years ago because it was thought up by goat herders not God because I say so.

Any questions?

Yes.

#8. I obsessively study religious texts to try to debunk them yet I am not worried in the slightest that religion is true.

So then why the obsession?

That's the point; it doesn't make sense.

Are you implying that atheists deliberately try to be stupid?

That's not what I mean. What I'm saying that I made this list to show that their logic doesn't make sense.

So, they are not making sense but aren't aware that they aren't making sense?

Correct
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 2:23:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 12:56:41 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
1. If reading a verse in context makes Christianity look less flawed than what I think of it, that verse must be interpreted literally. The people who study the Bible regularly are wrong about the context of the Bible and I the atheist am right.
2. If Heaven existed this life would still be the most important thing therefore it is evil of God to allow bad things to happen to us on the temporary Earth I was once a Christian but then my 97 year old grandmother died and she must not be still alive in another life so I am mad at God and became an atheist because I am mad at God therefore He doesn't exist.
3. All suffering on Earth is God's fault because rapists rape people and Hitler killed people so clearly God caused all that and not humans.
4. I the atheist know more about the Bible than Christians because tests show that I have a higher "religious literacy" which means I study other religions other than Christianity and thus that means I know more about Christianity than people who regularly read the Bible in the right context do.
5. I read the Bible regularly to find flaws in it instead of reading it to learn from it therefore I have the right context and thus I know more about Bible than theists.
6. All Christians are bad because of the Inquisitions and Holy Wars hundreds of years ago and all Christians are hypocrites who molest children because a pastor of a Megachurch or a Catholic Priest did this. Christians who aren't hypocrites do not exist all Christians are hypocrites.
7. I do not see the good that religion has done because religion is only evil and barbaric and religion suppresses women by causing them to adopt the gender roles which they are more prepared biologically and mentally for taking up.
8. I obsessively study religious texts to try to debunk them yet I am not worried in the slightest that religion is true.
9. The condoning of slavery in the Old Testament has nothing to do with the "hardness of your hearts" which Jesus explained as being the reason that divorce was allowed in the law and the Book of Philemon shows that the Bible advocated enslaving people and oppressing them.
10. The full Burden of Proof is on religious people to prove that God doesn't exist despite the countless people in history describing having experienced supernatural stuff known as miracles and all of it has a natural explanation such as when someone is almost completely out of fuel for their stove and yet the fire for that stove burns for a week or two that has a natural explanation.
11. The Canaanites being wiped out is evil of God because they were not bad and the little Canaanite children could not have possibly gone to Heaven.
12. The Bible condones rape because it says that rapists have to take responsibility for their actions and the Bible always cheers on rapists because I say so.
13. The Bible condones infanticide because of verses warning Israelites not to go astray and all children killed will go to Hell or stop existing because I say so.
14. Nobody has ever been killed in the name of Anti-Theism which is an offshoot of atheism and the suppression of religion in the Soviet Union is either a myth or a good thing because religious people deserve to die because of Crusaders 1000 years ago.
15. God has no right to throw anyone in Hell because God did not create people because I say so and people who have not heard about the Gospel are condemned to Hell because I say so and God is unjust because I say so. And I can understand God's logic because I have human brain which is superior to God's brain because I say so so I have the right and ability to tell God that what He does makes no sense or is wrong because I know everything.

Any questions?

I read all the way to #2 before I quit reading. I was afraid the ineviatable facepalm would do serious damage if I kept on.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 11:42:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/31/2014 10:39:48 AM, Daltonian wrote:
"Theist logic about atheist logic" would be a more accurate name for the forum topic.

Oh? We've had a run of atheists on the forum lately accusing us of number 11 through 13 quite repeatedly - Genocide, rape, infanticide are not uncommon barbs tossed our way.

Perhaps your average atheist does not see it when he is not engaged in it, but when you are on the receiving end of such emotive and deliberately inflaming accusations, it tends to get noticed.

Its also quite common in the leadership of atheism:

http://original.antiwar.com...

Advocating the genocide of Islam so it can 'never' resist 'us' again?

"The Bible may, indeed does, contain a warrant for trafficking in humans, for ethnic cleansing, for slavery, for bride-price, and for indiscriminate massacre, but we are not bound by any of it because it was put together by crude, uncultured human mammals."

Chris Hitchens.

This Christian 'philosopher' [William Lane Craig] is an apologist for genocide.

Richard Dawkins

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Richard Dawkins

It is mantel picked up by many fawning atheists, and at some point running around accusing people of that stuff in ignorance is ... bigotry.

Indeed, these antics have long been directly rebutted to little effect on the 'New Atheism'.

Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology. Card-carrying rationalists like Dawkins, who is the nearest thing to a professional atheist we have had since Bertrand Russell, are in one sense the least well-equipped to understand what they castigate, since they don"t believe there is anything there to be understood, or at least anything worth understanding. This is why they invariably come up with vulgar caricatures of religious faith that would make a first-year theology student wince. The more they detest religion, the more ill-informed their criticisms of it tend to be. If they were asked to pass judgment on phenomenology or the geopolitics of South Asia, they would no doubt bone up on the question as assiduously as they could. When it comes to theology, however, any shoddy old travesty will pass muster. These days, theology is the queen of the sciences in a rather less august sense of the word than in its medieval heyday.

http://www.lrb.co.uk...

Perhaps you can ignore it being dished out, but please don't ask the religious on the continuous end of these barns to pretend that its not happening with you - or ask us to fail to correct this hate speech.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 11:54:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 12:56:41 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
1. If reading a verse in context makes Christianity look less flawed than what I think of it, that verse must be interpreted literally. The people who study the Bible regularly are wrong about the context of the Bible and I the atheist am right.
2. If Heaven existed this life would still be the most important thing therefore it is evil of God to allow bad things to happen to us on the temporary Earth I was once a Christian but then my 97 year old grandmother died and she must not be still alive in another life so I am mad at God and became an atheist because I am mad at God therefore He doesn't exist.
3. All suffering on Earth is God's fault because rapists rape people and Hitler killed people so clearly God caused all that and not humans.
4. I the atheist know more about the Bible than Christians because tests show that I have a higher "religious literacy" which means I study other religions other than Christianity and thus that means I know more about Christianity than people who regularly read the Bible in the right context do.
5. I read the Bible regularly to find flaws in it instead of reading it to learn from it therefore I have the right context and thus I know more about Bible than theists.
6. All Christians are bad because of the Inquisitions and Holy Wars hundreds of years ago and all Christians are hypocrites who molest children because a pastor of a Megachurch or a Catholic Priest did this. Christians who aren't hypocrites do not exist all Christians are hypocrites.
7. I do not see the good that religion has done because religion is only evil and barbaric and religion suppresses women by causing them to adopt the gender roles which they are more prepared biologically and mentally for taking up.
8. I obsessively study religious texts to try to debunk them yet I am not worried in the slightest that religion is true.
9. The condoning of slavery in the Old Testament has nothing to do with the "hardness of your hearts" which Jesus explained as being the reason that divorce was allowed in the law and the Book of Philemon shows that the Bible advocated enslaving people and oppressing them.
10. The full Burden of Proof is on religious people to prove that God doesn't exist despite the countless people in history describing having experienced supernatural stuff known as miracles and all of it has a natural explanation such as when someone is almost completely out of fuel for their stove and yet the fire for that stove burns for a week or two that has a natural explanation.
11. The Canaanites being wiped out is evil of God because they were not bad and the little Canaanite children could not have possibly gone to Heaven.
12. The Bible condones rape because it says that rapists have to take responsibility for their actions and the Bible always cheers on rapists because I say so.
13. The Bible condones infanticide because of verses warning Israelites not to go astray and all children killed will go to Hell or stop existing because I say so.
14. Nobody has ever been killed in the name of Anti-Theism which is an offshoot of atheism and the suppression of religion in the Soviet Union is either a myth or a good thing because religious people deserve to die because of Crusaders 1000 years ago.
15. God has no right to throw anyone in Hell because God did not create people because I say so and people who have not heard about the Gospel are condemned to Hell because I say so and God is unjust because I say so. And I can understand God's logic because I have human brain which is superior to God's brain because I say so so I have the right and ability to tell God that what He does makes no sense or is wrong because I know everything.

Any questions?

Yes, why do you think you understand atheists? This list only shows how little you understand about the position.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 12:09:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I agree with some of these points but as the list goes on it gets progressively sillier.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 1:14:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/31/2014 11:42:25 AM, neutral wrote:
At 8/31/2014 10:39:48 AM, Daltonian wrote:
"Theist logic about atheist logic" would be a more accurate name for the forum topic.

Oh? We've had a run of atheists on the forum lately accusing us of number 11 through 13 quite repeatedly - Genocide, rape, infanticide are not uncommon barbs tossed our way.

Perhaps your average atheist does not see it when he is not engaged in it, but when you are on the receiving end of such emotive and deliberately inflaming accusations, it tends to get noticed.

Its also quite common in the leadership of atheism:

http://original.antiwar.com...

Advocating the genocide of Islam so it can 'never' resist 'us' again?

"The Bible may, indeed does, contain a warrant for trafficking in humans, for ethnic cleansing, for slavery, for bride-price, and for indiscriminate massacre, but we are not bound by any of it because it was put together by crude, uncultured human mammals."

Chris Hitchens.

This Christian 'philosopher' [William Lane Craig] is an apologist for genocide.

Richard Dawkins

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Richard Dawkins

It is mantel picked up by many fawning atheists, and at some point running around accusing people of that stuff in ignorance is ... bigotry.

Indeed, these antics have long been directly rebutted to little effect on the 'New Atheism'.

Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology. Card-carrying rationalists like Dawkins, who is the nearest thing to a professional atheist we have had since Bertrand Russell, are in one sense the least well-equipped to understand what they castigate, since they don"t believe there is anything there to be understood, or at least anything worth understanding. This is why they invariably come up with vulgar caricatures of religious faith that would make a first-year theology student wince. The more they detest religion, the more ill-informed their criticisms of it tend to be. If they were asked to pass judgment on phenomenology or the geopolitics of South Asia, they would no doubt bone up on the question as assiduously as they could. When it comes to theology, however, any shoddy old travesty will pass muster. These days, theology is the queen of the sciences in a rather less august sense of the word than in its medieval heyday.

http://www.lrb.co.uk...

Perhaps you can ignore it being dished out, but please don't ask the religious on the continuous end of these barns to pretend that its not happening with you - or ask us to fail to correct this hate speech.

You actually said something smart and non-trollish!
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 1:25:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/31/2014 11:42:25 AM, neutral wrote:
You generalizing all atheists based on your personal experiences on militant religious forums is like a grieving mother generalizing all christians because her son's funeral was picketed by the WBC

Unless you can get at least one atheist to actually say, "I agree with this logic in it's entirety", then no, it is NOT atheist logic, it is theist logic about what atheist logic is.

"No atheists actually agree with this logic, but I want them to so they do!"
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 1:33:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/31/2014 11:42:25 AM, neutral wrote:
At 8/31/2014 10:39:48 AM, Daltonian wrote:
"Theist logic about atheist logic" would be a more accurate name for the forum topic.

Oh? We've had a run of atheists on the forum lately accusing us of number 11 through 13 quite repeatedly - Genocide, rape, infanticide are not uncommon barbs tossed our way.

Perhaps your average atheist does not see it when he is not engaged in it, but when you are on the receiving end of such emotive and deliberately inflaming accusations, it tends to get noticed.

Its also quite common in the leadership of atheism:

http://original.antiwar.com...

Advocating the genocide of Islam so it can 'never' resist 'us' again?
This is absolutely dreadful. I am a tolerant person, I care more about tolerance than atheism or agnosticism.

The fact that you would generalize any group of people as you have makes me disrespect you. The fact that you post things like this, just because you gain some sort of twisted amusement from portraying 'atheism' as some sort of cult following Christopher Hitchens makes me disrespect you. Not because of your religion, but because of the way you act.

Sorry if I disappointed you in not being the "stupid atheist bigot" you wanted me to be.
Perhaps you can ignore it being dished out, but please don't ask the religious on the continuous end of these barns to pretend that its not happening with you - or ask us to fail to correct this hate speech.
Do you want to have a contest comparing christian and atheistic instances of hate speech? It would be en entirely worthless contest, as atheists can range from Buddhist Monks to Ignorant Militant Atheists you named to Regular people, just like Christians can range from nice, wonderful people to ignorant morons who spend their time harassing those they disagree with on all corners of the internet and in daily life.

I do not wish to have this discussion any longer. You all have clearly demonstrated that you are the type of people who belong babbling and harassing each other on a religious forum all day. I wish you good luck in life.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 2:27:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/31/2014 1:25:20 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 8/31/2014 11:42:25 AM, neutral wrote:
You generalizing all atheists based on your personal experiences on militant religious forums is like a grieving mother generalizing all christians because her son's funeral was picketed by the WBC

Unless you can get at least one atheist to actually say, "I agree with this logic in it's entirety", then no, it is NOT atheist logic, it is theist logic about what atheist logic is.

"No atheists actually agree with this logic, but I want them to so they do!"

When you quote atheists who are best sellers doing it ... then obviously its happening.

If you disagree with what is being said, simply declare Hitchens, Dawkins, and Harris a bunch of idiots and disavow them as we do the Westboro Baptist church.

If not? You have no business pretending that what is being said by the scions of atheism is not being said - when its cited for you.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 2:33:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/31/2014 1:33:21 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 8/31/2014 11:42:25 AM, neutral wrote:
At 8/31/2014 10:39:48 AM, Daltonian wrote:
"Theist logic about atheist logic" would be a more accurate name for the forum topic.

Oh? We've had a run of atheists on the forum lately accusing us of number 11 through 13 quite repeatedly - Genocide, rape, infanticide are not uncommon barbs tossed our way.

Perhaps your average atheist does not see it when he is not engaged in it, but when you are on the receiving end of such emotive and deliberately inflaming accusations, it tends to get noticed.

Its also quite common in the leadership of atheism:

http://original.antiwar.com...

Advocating the genocide of Islam so it can 'never' resist 'us' again?
This is absolutely dreadful. I am a tolerant person, I care more about tolerance than atheism or agnosticism.

The fact that you would generalize any group of people as you have makes me disrespect you. The fact that you post things like this, just because you gain some sort of twisted amusement from portraying 'atheism' as some sort of cult following Christopher Hitchens makes me disrespect you. Not because of your religion, but because of the way you act.

Sorry if I disappointed you in not being the "stupid atheist bigot" you wanted me to be.
Perhaps you can ignore it being dished out, but please don't ask the religious on the continuous end of these barns to pretend that its not happening with you - or ask us to fail to correct this hate speech.
Do you want to have a contest comparing christian and atheistic instances of hate speech? It would be en entirely worthless contest, as atheists can range from Buddhist Monks to Ignorant Militant Atheists you named to Regular people, just like Christians can range from nice, wonderful people to ignorant morons who spend their time harassing those they disagree with on all corners of the internet and in daily life.

I do not wish to have this discussion any longer. You all have clearly demonstrated that you are the type of people who belong babbling and harassing each other on a religious forum all day. I wish you good luck in life.

Ahem - I am at fault for noticing and denouncing what Hitchens and others, who happen to be best sellers and it is not religious people making these guys rich, and calling them out on it - while making declinations that many atheists, who are not making these comments, seem oblivious to the influential atheists who are, and whose followers are saying it with regular intervals.

Denying it by claiming noticing it is the problem, that its generalizing? Even as you say its not all atheists, but being on the receiving end of it makes it much harder to ignore?

Brother, I suggest you take the issue up with Dawkins. Not me. I simply called quoted him saying what he said, and continues to say, and noted that many atheists revere Dawkins and parrot him regularly (you don;t have to go very far to find the same behavior on any internet forum on the net). Is that ALL atheists?

Nope.

But New Atheism has a rap.

"New Atheism is a contemporary intellectual movement uniting outspoken atheists. The New Atheists' philosophies and arguments are generally consistent with those of their predecessors; what's "New" is a difference in style and profitability. Most of the prominent New Atheists have had at least one book become a bestseller, which was almost unheard of for atheistic literature in the past. New Atheists consider belief in God erroneous as well as detrimental to society, and espouse their views frequently and publicly."

http://rationalwiki.org...

So when you atheists are documenting this activity within your community, you have little recourse in playing stupid and blaming me for noticing too.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 3:19:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/31/2014 11:54:32 AM, SNP1 wrote:

Yes, why do you think you understand atheists? This list only shows how little you understand about the position.

Actually, it demonstrates that you are unaware of what many atheists are saying. We can delineate between atheism, as a position, and nihilism as its expressed by many atheists, but the simple fact of the matter is that many atheists also happen to be nihilists - not all ... but ... well, why should we, being the target of the nihilists within your ranks, not notice what the nihilistic atheists are saying?

They are saying these things, correct?

What do you expect religious people to do when you hurl accusations like that at them? Pretend its not happening?

Again, can we, and do we, separate atheists who do not display those attitudes from those who do? Of course - but brother, the guys saying these things are 'New Atheists', best sellers within your community, the intellectual voice that has grabbed headlines.

The question isn't about how we so badly misunderstand atheism, its why so many atheists when confronted with the reality of these statements either don't want to acknowledge them or are genuinely shocked - how the can be given the level of press attention, fame, etc. of New Atheists is not something I comprehend. Its like being a Christian and being unaware that the Westboro Baptist Church exists.
Keltron
Posts: 161
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2014 9:19:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 12:56:41 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
1. If reading a verse in context makes Christianity look less flawed than what I think of it, that verse must be interpreted literally. The people who study the Bible regularly are wrong about the context of the Bible and I the atheist am right.

That would be a valid point if it weren't for the fact that Christians as a group are entirely inconsistent about drawing those contextual lines.

2. If Heaven existed this life would still be the most important thing therefore it is evil of God to allow bad things to happen to us on the temporary Earth I was once a Christian but then my 97 year old grandmother died and she must not be still alive in another life so I am mad at God and became an atheist because I am mad at God therefore He doesn't exist.

I agree that this is a logical conundrum. A lot of us have gone through a chip on the shoulder period when we transitioned into non-belief. Most Christians I know don't think that God controls who lives and who dies, so this sort of rant is pretty much unfair.

3. All suffering on Earth is God's fault because rapists rape people and Hitler killed people so clearly God caused all that and not humans.

See above.

4. I the atheist know more about the Bible than Christians because tests show that I have a higher "religious literacy" which means I study other religions other than Christianity and thus that means I know more about Christianity than people who regularly read the Bible in the right context do.

I am an atheist, and I guarantee you I know more about the Bible than 90% of Christians. The majority of Christians have never read the Bible from front to back, much less engaged in any meaningful exegesis.

5. I read the Bible regularly to find flaws in it instead of reading it to learn from it therefore I have the right context and thus I know more about Bible than theists.

This goes with the chip on shoulder phase I referenced earlier.

6. All Christians are bad because of the Inquisitions and Holy Wars hundreds of years ago and all Christians are hypocrites who molest children because a pastor of a Megachurch or a Catholic Priest did this. Christians who aren't hypocrites do not exist all Christians are hypocrites.

I think that's overgeneralizing a bit.

7. I do not see the good that religion has done because religion is only evil and barbaric and religion suppresses women by causing them to adopt the gender roles which they are more prepared biologically and mentally for taking up.

Religious charity organizations do good work. Of course it's often in pursuit of an opening to proselytize.

8. I obsessively study religious texts to try to debunk them yet I am not worried in the slightest that religion is true.

I think I covered this already.

9. The condoning of slavery in the Old Testament has nothing to do with the "hardness of your hearts" which Jesus explained as being the reason that divorce was allowed in the law and the Book of Philemon shows that the Bible advocated enslaving people and oppressing them.

You have to consider this in historical context. That said, the Bible was used all the way into the mid 19th century to justify slavery, and those attitudes still persist, particularly among white evangelicals in the south.

10. The full Burden of Proof is on religious people to prove that God doesn't exist despite the countless people in history describing having experienced supernatural stuff known as miracles and all of it has a natural explanation such as when someone is almost completely out of fuel for their stove and yet the fire for that stove burns for a week or two that has a natural explanation.

The BOP is on the person making the positive claim.

11. The Canaanites being wiped out is evil of God because they were not bad and the little Canaanite children could not have possibly gone to Heaven.
12. The Bible condones rape because it says that rapists have to take responsibility for their actions and the Bible always cheers on rapists because I say so.
13. The Bible condones infanticide because of verses warning Israelites not to go astray and all children killed will go to Hell or stop existing because I say so.

Humans invented gods, then used them to justify their actions. It's always been that way, and it still is.

14. Nobody has ever been killed in the name of Anti-Theism which is an offshoot of atheism and the suppression of religion in the Soviet Union is either a myth or a good thing because religious people deserve to die because of Crusaders 1000 years ago.

The Soviet Union and Maoist China substituted the state for religion. The functions of nationalism and imperialism are redundant with the functions of religion, and can easily but substituted for it.

15. God has no right to throw anyone in Hell because God did not create people because I say so and people who have not heard about the Gospel are condemned to Hell because I say so and God is unjust because I say so. And I can understand God's logic because I have human brain which is superior to God's brain because I say so so I have the right and ability to tell God that what He does makes no sense or is wrong because I know everything.

God doesn't exist, so enumerating his rights is meaningless.

Any questions?

Nope.
ethang5
Posts: 4,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 4:43:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 1:58:47 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 8/30/2014 1:51:58 PM, ethang5 wrote:

Any questions?

Yes.

#8. I obsessively study religious texts to try to debunk them yet I am not worried in the slightest that religion is true.

So then why the obsession?

That's the point; it doesn't make sense.

Are you implying that atheists deliberately try to be stupid?

That's not what I mean. What I'm saying that I made this list to show that their logic doesn't make sense.

So, they are not making sense but aren't aware that they aren't making sense?

Correct

Ok. Most of the atheists on this site have seen the responses you and other theists give to their questions, yet they continue, as you claim, "not making sense".

a. Are they incapable of making sense? (understanding the answers)
b. Are the Theists not able to posit their arguments well? (bad communication)
c. Are the theists wrong and atheists are actually the ones making sense?
d. Are at least some of the atheists aware (after the "sense" theists throw their way) that they aren't making sense but are continuing to advance arguments they know to be non-sensical? (making them deceitful)

I'm interested in what you think.
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 12:02:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/30/2014 12:56:41 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
1. If reading a verse in context makes Christianity look less flawed than what I think of it, that verse must be interpreted literally. The people who study the Bible regularly are wrong about the context of the Bible and I the atheist am right.
2. If Heaven existed this life would still be the most important thing therefore it is evil of God to allow bad things to happen to us on the temporary Earth I was once a Christian but then my 97 year old grandmother died and she must not be still alive in another life so I am mad at God and became an atheist because I am mad at God therefore He doesn't exist.
3. All suffering on Earth is God's fault because rapists rape people and Hitler killed people so clearly God caused all that and not humans.
4. I the atheist know more about the Bible than Christians because tests show that I have a higher "religious literacy" which means I study other religions other than Christianity and thus that means I know more about Christianity than people who regularly read the Bible in the right context do.
5. I read the Bible regularly to find flaws in it instead of reading it to learn from it therefore I have the right context and thus I know more about Bible than theists.
6. All Christians are bad because of the Inquisitions and Holy Wars hundreds of years ago and all Christians are hypocrites who molest children because a pastor of a Megachurch or a Catholic Priest did this. Christians who aren't hypocrites do not exist all Christians are hypocrites.
7. I do not see the good that religion has done because religion is only evil and barbaric and religion suppresses women by causing them to adopt the gender roles which they are more prepared biologically and mentally for taking up.
8. I obsessively study religious texts to try to debunk them yet I am not worried in the slightest that religion is true.
9. The condoning of slavery in the Old Testament has nothing to do with the "hardness of your hearts" which Jesus explained as being the reason that divorce was allowed in the law and the Book of Philemon shows that the Bible advocated enslaving people and oppressing them.
10. The full Burden of Proof is on religious people to prove that God doesn't exist despite the countless people in history describing having experienced supernatural stuff known as miracles and all of it has a natural explanation such as when someone is almost completely out of fuel for their stove and yet the fire for that stove burns for a week or two that has a natural explanation.
11. The Canaanites being wiped out is evil of God because they were not bad and the little Canaanite children could not have possibly gone to Heaven.
12. The Bible condones rape because it says that rapists have to take responsibility for their actions and the Bible always cheers on rapists because I say so.
13. The Bible condones infanticide because of verses warning Israelites not to go astray and all children killed will go to Hell or stop existing because I say so.
14. Nobody has ever been killed in the name of Anti-Theism which is an offshoot of atheism and the suppression of religion in the Soviet Union is either a myth or a good thing because religious people deserve to die because of Crusaders 1000 years ago.
15. God has no right to throw anyone in Hell because God did not create people because I say so and people who have not heard about the Gospel are condemned to Hell because I say so and God is unjust because I say so. And I can understand God's logic because I have human brain which is superior to God's brain because I say so so I have the right and ability to tell God that what He does makes no sense or is wrong because I know everything.

Any questions?

Doesn't the Bible tell us that the Devil is the author of confusion? Since the Devil is the lord and master of all atheists, that list makes perfect sense, now. ;)