Jump to topic:

Funny coincidence

CrappyDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 12:24:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I know this does not mean anything really, but I thought it was funny and wanted to share with everyone.

I just went to Border's books on my lunch break, and was reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. On the radio while I was reading, the song "Jesus he knows me" by Genesis came on.

*sings* "Jesus he knows me, and he knows I'm right...."
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 1:00:59 PM
I bought the book The God Delusion Richard Dawkins. As I was reading it the song The Dread and The Fugitive Mind by Megadeth came on.

"What if I do get caught? what if there is no judgement? If I'm right I lose nothing"
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 1:01:12 PM
At 3/17/2010 1:00:59 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I bought the book The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. As I was reading it the song The Dread and The Fugitive Mind by Megadeth came on.

"What if I do get caught? what if there is no judgement? If I'm right I lose nothing"
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 1:20:51 PM
I've read the introduction to 'The God Delusion' and already there I thought that the book is worthless. Richard Dawkins attacks religion and blames it for wars, like we wouldn't have 9/11 without religion and whatnot. Right, so we wouldn't have had a possible World War III during the Cold War without religion either. His statements are amusing. He has no respect either. He can believe in whatever he wants, but at least he can respect peoples' choices to believe in God, because as funny as he thinks belief in God is, theists also think find it funny that he does not believe in God.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 1:39:11 PM
thats nice.

i remember once an acquaintance gave me a cd of his to listen to. his band was called DERGE and the cd called "wake up". i listened to it a few times before bed and then proceeded to have nightmares all night, waking me up every few hours. g'damned voodoo cd.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 1:54:31 PM
At 3/17/2010 12:24:24 PM, CrappyDebater wrote:
I know this does not mean anything really, but I thought it was funny and wanted to share with everyone.

I just went to Border's books on my lunch break, and was reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. On the radio while I was reading, the song "Jesus he knows me" by Genesis came on.

You must of recived a godwink :) http://www.whengodwinks.com...
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 4:32:29 PM
I bought the book The God Delusion Richard Dawkins.

You actually bought that book?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 7:09:10 PM
: At 3/17/2010 12:24:24 PM, CrappyDebater wrote:

What makes you think it was a coincidence? Because your afraid that other people may think you are stupid or something? When and if you get into God's Kingdom everything which has happened to you will make absolute sense.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2010 7:14:36 PM
At 3/17/2010 1:54:31 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 3/17/2010 12:24:24 PM, CrappyDebater wrote:

You must of recived a godwink :) http://www.whengodwinks.com...

lol :)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 5:16:31 AM
At 3/17/2010 1:20:51 PM, Mirza wrote:
I've read the introduction to 'The God Delusion' and already there I thought that the book is worthless. Richard Dawkins attacks religion and blames it for wars, like we wouldn't have 9/11 without religion and whatnot. Right, so we wouldn't have had a possible World War III during the Cold War without religion either. His statements are amusing. He has no respect either. He can believe in whatever he wants, but at least he can respect peoples' choices to believe in God, because as funny as he thinks belief in God is, theists also think find it funny that he does not believe in God.

First off, yes, he is correct that without Religion, 9/11 would not have happened.

Seondly, you actually respect the beliefs that these terrorists had? Are you kidding me? Respect is earned, and some things do not deserve respect.

Your reasoning fails.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 8:07:50 AM
At 3/18/2010 5:16:31 AM, tkubok wrote:
First off, yes, he is correct that without Religion, 9/11 would not have happened.

You dont think forign politics had a heavy hand in that event?

politics came be the true blame of a lot that gets blamed on religion as a scapegoat.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 11:10:43 AM
At 3/18/2010 8:07:50 AM, Marauder wrote:
I was not aware that Al Queda had their own Country.
politics came be the true blame of a lot that gets blamed on religion as a scapegoat.
You mean, Shariah law, the same laws that are based off of the Quran and Hadith? the so called "Politics" that are raging in the west, for example, are infact a major reaction on the part of religion.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 11:37:24 AM
Richard Dawkins attacks religion and blames it for wars, like we wouldn't have 9/11 without religion and whatnot.

Is he not correct on this point? Do you think those men would have flown those planes into the World Trade Center buildings if not for their religion?

Traditionally, religion has been the source of a great deal of violence - not just wars. Of course, that is not to say that ALL wars and violence is related to religion.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2010 2:18:28 PM
At 3/18/2010 11:10:43 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 3/18/2010 8:07:50 AM, Marauder wrote:
I was not aware that Al Queda had their own Country.
You mean, Shariah law, the same laws that are based off of the Quran and Hadith? the so called "Politics" that are raging in the west, for example, are infact a major reaction on the part of religion.

You may have noticed the effects that the train bombing had on Spains elections. Jimmy Carter was voted out of office because of a hostage situation that pretty much served no purpose but to get him unelected. the political climate hear in america changed drastically after the 9/11 attacks.

also, didnt you know al queda didnt didnt put the demolition explosives in the twin towers. they didnt fire that missle at the pentagon. or wreck ethior of those two drown planes into the twin towers, they didnt dump that pile of junk in the penslvaina field. The 9/11 conspiracy was as political as it gets. or mabey ecconomicle to pick up some 'loose change' from those towers and get away with it.
http://www.loosechange911.com...
Every war ever fought was over money. even the crusades, espesialy the crusades.

A Scout is Obedient.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2010 5:59:55 AM
At 3/18/2010 2:18:28 PM, Marauder wrote:
You may have noticed the effects that the train bombing had on Spains elections. Jimmy Carter was voted out of office because of a hostage situation that pretty much served no purpose but to get him unelected. the political climate hear in america changed drastically after the 9/11 attacks.
I wasnt aware that we have moved past the 9/11 attack.
also, didnt you know al queda didnt didnt put the demolition explosives in the twin towers. they didnt fire that missle at the pentagon. or wreck ethior of those two drown planes into the twin towers, they didnt dump that pile of junk in the penslvaina field. The 9/11 conspiracy was as political as it gets. or mabey ecconomicle to pick up some 'loose change' from those towers and get away with it.
Every war ever fought was over money. even the crusades, espesialy the crusades.
Oh please, spare me your 9/11 conspiracy bullsh*t. Apart from the fact that, ALL the evidence disproves these, and NONE of the evidence support these conspiracy theories, and, there are MANY of these conspiracy theories, theres a reason why these are STILL CONSPIRACY THEORIES. Its because they have no basis in TRUTH that they are labeled this way. These have no more credence than this:
http://en.wikipedia.org...
CrappyDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2010 7:09:53 AM
At 3/19/2010 5:59:55 AM, tkubok wrote:
Oh please, spare me your 9/11 conspiracy bullsh*t. Apart from the fact that, ALL the evidence disproves these, and NONE of the evidence support these conspiracy theories, and, there are MANY of these conspiracy theories, theres a reason why these are STILL CONSPIRACY THEORIES. Its because they have no basis in TRUTH that they are labeled this way. These have no more credence than this:

Shouldn't they call them something else rather than theories?
Because that if awful misleading when thought about in other terms, like
Evolution Theories
Gravitational Theories
Plate Techtonic Theories
etc..etc...etc....
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2010 8:29:10 AM
At 3/19/2010 7:09:53 AM, CrappyDebater wrote:

Evolution Theories
Gravitational Theories
Plate Techtonic Theories
etc..etc...etc....

I have no problem with using hte word "Theory" in regards to the colloquial term. Conspiracy theories have nothing to do with science, nor are they even a shred scientific. As long as no one is using the word "Theory" with an equivocation fallacy towards what it means in science, and saying "AHA! Therefore the conspiracy THEORY is on the same level as any other scientific THEORY!" i dont mind using it a tad bit.
Immortal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2010 9:18:13 AM
At 3/19/2010 7:09:53 AM, CrappyDebater wrote:

Evolution Theories
Gravitational Theories
Plate Techtonic Theories
etc..etc...etc....

Scientific theories are different. Theories explain how things work. Scientific theories use the scientific method. Other theories don't.
Immortal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2010 9:45:39 AM
At 3/19/2010 9:44:29 AM, CrappyDebater wrote:
Yea Yea, I know I know....

Just pointing out how God is omnipotent.

Come again?
Immortal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2010 9:59:49 AM
I bought the book The God Delusion Richard Dawkins. As I was reading it the song The Dread and The Fugitive Mind by Megadeth came on.

How you got your hands on that book? O_O
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2010 11:46:49 AM
Oh please, spare me your 9/11 conspiracy bullsh*t.
Oh your right, I forgot conspiracies are BS, they never happen hear in North America, We can trust our Goverment, just ask the cherokee, or the dakato's, samino, the chaktaw, the hopii, ect... I am sure they will comefirm this attitude of yours toward the idea that our goverment conspiracies are BS.

A Scout is Obedient.
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2010 12:11:29 PM

September 11th was a well planned faith based initiative. It wouldn't have happened without religion.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2010 12:14:03 PM
At 3/17/2010 4:32:29 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I bought the book The God Delusion Richard Dawkins.

You actually bought that book?

A lot of people bought that book.