Jump to topic:

Religion proves non determinism

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 10:57:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The religious desperately want to prove that existence is determined by their particular flavour of god and yet religions are absolute proof that their particular god didn't create man at all.

Many billions of people KNOW that their particular GOD created ALL of mankind and there are thousands of gods.

Did your god create life? Or did someone elses god create life? Tell me how you know without reference to a book written by men.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Arasa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 6:12:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/1/2014 10:57:01 AM, bulproof wrote:
The religious desperately want to prove that existence is determined by their particular flavour of god and yet religions are absolute proof that their particular god didn't create man at all.

Many billions of people KNOW that their particular GOD created ALL of mankind and there are thousands of gods.

Did your god create life? Or did someone elses god create life? Tell me how you know without reference to a book written by men.

On your first point, "The religious desperately...(Carry on to the end there)" I would ask that you further explain the absolute proof. Else, perhaps change the wording of your absolution to a less certain one.

Second: Many people believe that their particular god created all of mankind, and if all are correct, then there are thousands of gods. Those are important distinctions to make. It is entirely possible to believe that something is true, and have it be wrong. While truth can be relative in some instances, it can only be relative when it comes to that which lies inside of the person themselves. Matters of "This god exists" cannot be a relative truth, as the existence lies outside of the person who believes it. It must therefore be an absolute truth.
When it comes to absolute truth, only one view can be correct, no matter the number of people who believe wholeheartedly that another view is correct. For example, there cannot be "God" and "No God" in the argument of Atheism versus Christianity. It is possible for both sides to believe their point wholeheartedly, but it is not possible for them both to be correct, as this is not a truth that can be relative.

Third, I personally believe that the God of Abraham created the universe, but if you are requiring evidence that is not based on that which was discovered and written by men, then your own atheistic view is under the same scrutiny, as all of your observations and studies are done by men, and written down by men.

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind