Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

God failed?

lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 5:17:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is just a thought, but what if God has failed? The world has already fallen to corruption and is ruled by the 4 horsemen. Satan and the 7 princes of hell have acquired every soul on Earth. Could it be that Earth is actually Hell and we are destined to live here and then be reborn and destined to relive this life again and again as our eternal damnation. We are separated from God here on Earth and are destined to be damned. Our fear is death, because we fear living our same pathetic lives over and over again while we are ridiculed by society, because we are geeks, nerds, whimps, our grades aren't good enough, or we can't get the girl or the job we always wanted. There is a reason that life isn't fair and it is because of our previous prediseccors faults that we are miserable and here we are in the eternal hell of boring and pitiful obliviousness. Nastalgia is the truth.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 5:22:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
God is not only a failure in the objective views of reality, but a failure by the claims of the Bible as well. He's supposed to be all-knowing, all-powerful and timeless, yet he created Adam and Eve knowing they would disobey him, created Satan knowing Satan would rebel against him, and created Hell knowing the majority of his most beloved creation - which he set-up for failure - would end up there. It's hard to imagine a worse string of failure, unless one counts flooding the planet to wipe out evil, and again... ending in total failure.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 5:26:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/1/2014 5:22:00 PM, Beastt wrote:
God is not only a failure in the objective views of reality, but a failure by the claims of the Bible as well. He's supposed to be all-knowing, all-powerful and timeless, yet he created Adam and Eve knowing they would disobey him, created Satan knowing Satan would rebel against him, and created Hell knowing the majority of his most beloved creation - which he set-up for failure - would end up there. It's hard to imagine a worse string of failure, unless one counts flooding the planet to wipe out evil, and again... ending in total failure.

One could easily make the claim that he is slowly flooding the Earth via Global Warming by allowing the artic ice sheets to melt. You also have that God is perfect and without sin, but then when you apply the theory of him being all knowing then he knows what it is like to be lustful which means he has expierenced lust, thus sinned by his own standards.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 5:33:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I would also like to point out that God has made it impossible for anyone to get into heaven. If you look at the ten commandments then you have violated every single one of them. We have hated and killed someone in our hearts, we have disobeyed our parents, we have lied, we have been lustful, we have been greedy and wished for our neighbor's things. We have all broken the covenate with God and our punishment is life here on Earth.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Arasa
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 6:04:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/1/2014 5:17:27 PM, lannan13 wrote:
This is just a thought, but what if God has failed? The world has already fallen to corruption and is ruled by the 4 horsemen. Satan and the 7 princes of hell have acquired every soul on Earth. Could it be that Earth is actually Hell and we are destined to live here and then be reborn and destined to relive this life again and again as our eternal damnation. We are separated from God here on Earth and are destined to be damned. Our fear is death, because we fear living our same pathetic lives over and over again while we are ridiculed by society, because we are geeks, nerds, whimps, our grades aren't good enough, or we can't get the girl or the job we always wanted. There is a reason that life isn't fair and it is because of our previous prediseccors faults that we are miserable and here we are in the eternal hell of boring and pitiful obliviousness. Nastalgia is the truth.

There are several denominations of Protestantism that believe that very thing. However, in order to believe that we are currently in Hell, one must also believe in re-incarnation, as in order to be eternal suffering, we must be forever. The capacity for death inside of us means that this must be untrue, unless we come back to life once again in a self-perpetuating cycle.

However, as for my personal beliefs, it would not be possible for this to currently be Hell. Hell is a place away from the presence of God. The existence of Jesus Christ on the earth, the instances involved with the Israelites leaving Egypt, and the matter of Stephen's stoning, would all point towards God's presence here on earth. So, because of His presence, this cannot be Hell.

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 6:31:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/1/2014 6:04:52 PM, Arasa wrote:
At 9/1/2014 5:17:27 PM, lannan13 wrote:
This is just a thought, but what if God has failed? The world has already fallen to corruption and is ruled by the 4 horsemen. Satan and the 7 princes of hell have acquired every soul on Earth. Could it be that Earth is actually Hell and we are destined to live here and then be reborn and destined to relive this life again and again as our eternal damnation. We are separated from God here on Earth and are destined to be damned. Our fear is death, because we fear living our same pathetic lives over and over again while we are ridiculed by society, because we are geeks, nerds, whimps, our grades aren't good enough, or we can't get the girl or the job we always wanted. There is a reason that life isn't fair and it is because of our previous prediseccors faults that we are miserable and here we are in the eternal hell of boring and pitiful obliviousness. Nastalgia is the truth.

There are several denominations of Protestantism that believe that very thing. However, in order to believe that we are currently in Hell, one must also believe in re-incarnation, as in order to be eternal suffering, we must be forever. The capacity for death inside of us means that this must be untrue, unless we come back to life once again in a self-perpetuating cycle.

However, as for my personal beliefs, it would not be possible for this to currently be Hell. Hell is a place away from the presence of God. The existence of Jesus Christ on the earth, the instances involved with the Israelites leaving Egypt, and the matter of Stephen's stoning, would all point towards God's presence here on earth. So, because of His presence, this cannot be Hell.

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind

However, the Bible shows Jesus desending to Hell to help the souls that have been sent their due to the locking of the Pearly Gates. Jesus has been to Hell so your point is invalid.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Arasa
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 6:33:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/1/2014 6:31:10 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 9/1/2014 6:04:52 PM, Arasa wrote:
At 9/1/2014 5:17:27 PM, lannan13 wrote:
This is just a thought, but what if God has failed? The world has already fallen to corruption and is ruled by the 4 horsemen. Satan and the 7 princes of hell have acquired every soul on Earth. Could it be that Earth is actually Hell and we are destined to live here and then be reborn and destined to relive this life again and again as our eternal damnation. We are separated from God here on Earth and are destined to be damned. Our fear is death, because we fear living our same pathetic lives over and over again while we are ridiculed by society, because we are geeks, nerds, whimps, our grades aren't good enough, or we can't get the girl or the job we always wanted. There is a reason that life isn't fair and it is because of our previous prediseccors faults that we are miserable and here we are in the eternal hell of boring and pitiful obliviousness. Nastalgia is the truth.

There are several denominations of Protestantism that believe that very thing. However, in order to believe that we are currently in Hell, one must also believe in re-incarnation, as in order to be eternal suffering, we must be forever. The capacity for death inside of us means that this must be untrue, unless we come back to life once again in a self-perpetuating cycle.

However, as for my personal beliefs, it would not be possible for this to currently be Hell. Hell is a place away from the presence of God. The existence of Jesus Christ on the earth, the instances involved with the Israelites leaving Egypt, and the matter of Stephen's stoning, would all point towards God's presence here on earth. So, because of His presence, this cannot be Hell.

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind

However, the Bible shows Jesus desending to Hell to help the souls that have been sent their due to the locking of the Pearly Gates. Jesus has been to Hell so your point is invalid.

The bible says that Jesus visited Hell after His death, which took place on this earth. To descend to Hell after dying here would certainly imply that this place is not Hell. Therefore, my point stands as coherent to say the least.

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2014 10:10:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/1/2014 5:22:00 PM, Beastt wrote:
God is not only a failure in the objective views of reality, but a failure by the claims of the Bible as well. He's supposed to be all-knowing, all-powerful and timeless, yet he created Adam and Eve knowing they would disobey him, created Satan knowing Satan would rebel against him, and created Hell knowing the majority of his most beloved creation - which he set-up for failure - would end up there. It's hard to imagine a worse string of failure, unless one counts flooding the planet to wipe out evil, and again... ending in total failure.

You have no scientific evidence to support your claims. If he created Adam and Eve knowing they would disobey them, it can only imply that it's part of his plan. No evidence exists to show that he made Satan. God also gave man free-will to some degree.