The Most... Unsupportable Assertions

Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 3:22:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Bible... nearly all of it.

Isn't it odd that Christians nearly suffer a myocardial infarction when evidences are presented against their supposed "word of God" which demonstrates absolutely no connection or validation for being claimed as "the word of God", but when these assertions are made with anything less than absolute conclusive evidence, they are deemed to be "unsupportable"?

We can show that Genesis makes demonstrably false claims - at lest four major ones in the first 17-verses. But the response is; "Well! You're not supposed to read what it actually says! Are you retarded?"

Yet when it is pointed out that anonymous writings were simply assigned authorships with no credible evidence to support those assignments, Christians don't seem to understand the problem. No matter what the discrepancy, the contradiction, or the disagreement with testable scientific conclusions, Christians have a host of excuses. And more likely than not, 5 Christians will yield 5 different excuses.

Yet none of their assertions are really supportable. The Bible absolutely does tell us that Earth existed before the sun. Science does most assuredly and with great conclusive credibility, assure us that stars existed before the Earth. As rational people we know that fully formed species don't pop into existence, planets don't stop spinning on their axis, snakes are unable to talk and that writings tell of the past and planned future events, but do not predict the future (aside from weather forecasts, eruptions, etc.). But all of that good common sense which takes us through our days is simply set aside to swallow the witches, wizards, zombies, giants, dragons and unicorns of the Bible. And somehow, this is all seen as beings somehow sane, simply because it has persisted for so long. But the claims of the Bible are purely unsupportable, leaving Christians with a complete lack of credibility when they suggest that solid evidence against their beliefs is "unsupportable". Unlike the Bible, it IS supported.

Before pointing fingers and claiming our observations are "unsupportable", take a VERY good, hard look in the mirror. After all, noting that a supposed former Jew seems to know little of Jewish beliefs on the basis of misquoting the 10 Commandments (a tenet of Judaism), and miscrediting comments Jews attribute to God, is FAR, FAR stronger support than any claim that the Earth stopped rotating for 3-hours without disrupting every ocean on the planet, or resulting in any of the other major catastrophes such an event would cause.

For shame, Christians... for shame. Check your eye.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 3:24:52 PM
At 9/2/2014 3:22:22 PM, Beastt wrote:

Isn't it odd that Christians nearly suffer a myocardial infarction when evidences are presented against their supposed "word of God" which demonstrates absolutely no connection or validation for being claimed as "the word of God", but when these assertions are made with anything less than absolute conclusive evidence, they are deemed to be "unsupportable"?

We can show that Genesis makes demonstrably false claims - at lest four major ones in the first 17-verses. But the response is; "Well! You're not supposed to read what it actually says! Are you retarded?"

Yet when it is pointed out that anonymous writings were simply assigned authorships with no credible evidence to support those assignments, Christians don't seem to understand the problem. No matter what the discrepancy, the contradiction, or the disagreement with testable scientific conclusions, Christians have a host of excuses. And more likely than not, 5 Christians will yield 5 different excuses.

Yet none of their assertions are really supportable. The Bible absolutely does tell us that Earth existed before the sun. Science does most assuredly and with great conclusive credibility, assure us that stars existed before the Earth. As rational people we know that fully formed species don't pop into existence, planets don't stop spinning on their axis, snakes are unable to talk and that writings tell of the past and planned future events, but do not predict the future (aside from weather forecasts, eruptions, etc.). But all of that good common sense which takes us through our days is simply set aside to swallow the witches, wizards, zombies, giants, dragons and unicorns of the Bible. And somehow, this is all seen as beings somehow sane, simply because it has persisted for so long. But the claims of the Bible are purely unsupportable, leaving Christians with a complete lack of credibility when they suggest that solid evidence against their beliefs is "unsupportable". Unlike the Bible, it IS supported.

Before pointing fingers and claiming our observations are "unsupportable", take a VERY good, hard look in the mirror. After all, noting that a supposed former Jew seems to know little of Jewish beliefs on the basis of misquoting the 10 Commandments (a tenet of Judaism), and miscrediting comments Jews attribute to God, is FAR, FAR stronger support than any claim that the Earth stopped rotating for 3-hours without disrupting every ocean on the planet, or resulting in any of the other major catastrophes such an event would cause.

Christians make great illusionists by diverting your attention away from the Truth.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 11:23:52 PM
And no Christian wants to comment, because commenting without incriminating yourself and Christianity would require such an obvious and dramatic lie, that even Christians (who tend to be fairly comfortable with lies), aren't comfortable trying to pull it off.

Don't talk about "unsupportable assertions" as long as you're going to claim the Bible contains "the word of God".

Don't talk about "unsupportable assertions" if you're going to claim that a man you can't even show actually existed, was God in the flesh.

Don't talk about "unsupportable assertions" until you're ready to stop talking about Heaven, an afterlife and "spirituality", or until you can offer objective evidence to support those - to date - "Unsupportable Assertions".

Your entire concept of faith, your entire view of reality, everything you believe gives you purpose... is based on the idea of fully accepting, believing and promoting purely unsupportable assertions, and yet... when it comes to an atheist having only the outcome of a vote, rather than the date, time, and council where the vote took place, you want to get all bent out of shape, and dedicate an entire thread to the heinous character of the atheist in presenting an "unsupportable assertion". Well sorry to burst your bubble, but the outcome of the vote is the support for the vote.

What a shamefully ironic bunch of dishonest hypocrites! And Anna, you're leading the pack.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 11:42:56 PM
At 9/2/2014 11:23:52 PM, Beastt wrote:
And no Christian wants to comment, because commenting without incriminating yourself and Christianity would require such an obvious and dramatic lie, that even Christians (who tend to be fairly comfortable with lies), aren't comfortable trying to pull it off.

Don't talk about "unsupportable assertions" as long as you're going to claim the Bible contains "the word of God".

Don't talk about "unsupportable assertions" if you're going to claim that a man you can't even show actually existed, was God in the flesh.

Don't talk about "unsupportable assertions" until you're ready to stop talking about Heaven, an afterlife and "spirituality", or until you can offer objective evidence to support those - to date - "Unsupportable Assertions".

Your entire concept of faith, your entire view of reality, everything you believe gives you purpose... is based on the idea of fully accepting, believing and promoting purely unsupportable assertions, and yet... when it comes to an atheist having only the outcome of a vote, rather than the date, time, and council where the vote took place, you want to get all bent out of shape, and dedicate an entire thread to the heinous character of the atheist in presenting an "unsupportable assertion". Well sorry to burst your bubble, but the outcome of the vote is the support for the vote.

What a shamefully ironic bunch of dishonest hypocrites! And Anna, you're leading the pack.

BooM!!!
Keltron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 11:46:26 PM

When your intellect hits the wall, the only thing left is to become absorbed in minutia.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 2:37:51 AM
At 9/2/2014 11:46:26 PM, Keltron wrote:

When your intellect hits the wall, the only thing left is to become absorbed in minutia.

I wonder if he realizes how he just undercut Beasty entirely ....
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 2:47:51 AM
At 9/3/2014 2:37:51 AM, neutral wrote:

SPLaT!!!
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 2:52:14 AM
At 9/3/2014 2:47:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/3/2014 2:37:51 AM, neutral wrote:

SPLaT!!!

Oh look, the atheist troll stalker INSIST on butting in again.

Thanks again atheists for this ponderous display of abuse and deliberate violation.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 2:58:19 AM
At 9/3/2014 2:56:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
I do wish he would learn what words mean before he uses them.

Try these two: arrogant and douche.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 3:21:47 AM
At 9/3/2014 3:10:20 AM, bulproof wrote:
Try these three.
Ponderous, abuse and violation.

Look 'em up.

It says bully boy after all of them. I do like it when you parrot my own words back at me like it makes you anything other than a stupidly uncreative troll.

If you are victim of my 'meaness' then just stay away and stop stalking me troglodyte. Problem solved, if only you can control the abusive, attention seeking issues within yourself.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 3:25:35 AM
At 9/3/2014 3:21:47 AM, neutral wrote:
Try these three.

Look 'em up.

It says bully boy after all of them. I do like it when you parrot my own words back at me like it makes you anything other than a stupidly uncreative troll.

If you are victim of my 'meaness' then just stay away and stop stalking me troglodyte. Problem solved, if only you can control the abusive, attention seeking issues within yourself.
I'm sick of telling you.
Don't project your victimhood on me.
The fact that you believe you are a victim of some imaginary stalker should be enough even for someone as dense as you.

Abusive......................look it up.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 5:05:38 AM
At 9/3/2014 3:25:35 AM, bulproof wrote:
Try these three.

Look 'em up.

I'm sick of telling you.
The fact that you believe you are a victim of some imaginary stalker should be enough even for someone as dense as you.

Thie would be solved if you simply avoided me like I asked you to do stalker. And please stop parroting me because you are too stupid to actually analyze anything or create anything original.

Maybe you should start another pointless thread about it called, "I am a stalker, not a victim, and I wish the people I was following around and abusing would stop abusing me by asking me to stay away from them ... its abusive! ... but I am not a victim, see! Just retarded."

That one might actually last more than five minutes ... actually, probably not.

Again, thanks atheists for dumping this abusive troll into the mix, we religious people appreciate the scientific and rational demonstration of internet bullying, stalking, and seminole excuses to justify non-participation in discussion save to insult anyone.

Its a testament to atheism that its greatest creation to date is ... trolling.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 5:35:11 AM
At 9/3/2014 5:05:38 AM, neutral wrote:
Try these three.

Look 'em up.

I'm sick of telling you.

Thie would be solved if you simply avoided me like I asked you to do stalker. And please stop parroting me because you are too stupid to actually analyze anything or create anything original.

Maybe you should start another pointless thread about it called, "I am a stalker, not a victim, and I wish the people I was following around and abusing would stop abusing me by asking me to stay away from them ... its abusive! ... but I am not a victim, see! Just retarded."

Again, thanks atheists for dumping this abusive troll into the mix, we religious people appreciate the scientific and rational demonstration of internet bullying, stalking, and seminole excuses to justify non-participation in discussion save to insult anyone.

God's champion is at it again, giving the christian community a name synonymous with slime.
Oh christians why do you allow this poor deluded would be defender of the faith so much leeway to slander and utterly besmirch your beliefs.
You really must take control of this chap if you want your religion to ever have a semblance of dignity left.
Although accusing me of being an american indian was hilarious.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 6:21:19 AM
At 9/3/2014 5:35:11 AM, bulproof wrote:
Try these three.

Look 'em up.

I'm sick of telling you.

God's champion is at it again, giving the christian community a name synonymous with slime.
Oh christians why do you allow this poor deluded would be defender of the faith so much leeway to slander and utterly besmirch your beliefs.
You really must take control of this chap if you want your religion to ever have a semblance of dignity left.

This would agin be solved if you simply stopped stalking me douche ... or the mods finally woke up.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 6:44:17 AM
At 9/3/2014 6:31:15 AM, bulproof wrote:
Was that an abusive term?................................look it up.

Yes troll, stalking is a form of abuse. As is harassment resulting from stalking and the blind bigotry that drives it.
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 7:47:54 AM

Bul... The thread is kind of getting derailed, here, brother. Why so much vitriol?
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 8:31:33 AM
At 9/3/2014 7:47:54 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:

Bul... The thread is kind of getting derailed, here, brother. Why so much vitriol?

Hey TF quote some of my vitriol and I will respond. I promise.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 8:44:47 AM
At 9/3/2014 5:35:11 AM, bulproof wrote:
Try these three.

Look 'em up.

I'm sick of telling you.

There you go again.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 8:46:04 AM

And another one ...

But troll boy thnks these are positive contributions. Thanks atheists.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 9:22:18 AM
At 9/3/2014 8:46:04 AM, neutral wrote:

And another one ...

You're not very good at this are you.....................LMFAO

Never mind you're not very good at anything apparently.

Were you good at killing children?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 9:26:31 AM

And another one ...

Are you really so stupid as to claim that my exposition of your abusive language is being abusive?
You've confirmed my conception of you.
Oh dear.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 10:50:52 AM
At 9/2/2014 3:22:22 PM, Beastt wrote:

Why do you read the bible like a fundamentalist?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 11:02:40 AM
At 9/3/2014 9:26:31 AM, bulproof wrote:

And another one ...

Are you really so stupid as to claim that my exposition of your abusive language is being abusive?
Oh dear.

Right, being asked to simply stay away means you should come in and flame bait and be a total troll ... but are a victim ... but not a victim ... who just cannot stay away and has to stalk.

Really, what EVERY thread on the forum needs is faggoty trolls comments about the people involved in an actual discussion. That is relevant.

Again, thank you atheists for this train wreck of troll.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 11:09:24 AM
At 9/3/2014 11:02:40 AM, neutral wrote:

And another one ...

Oh dear.

Right, being asked to simply stay away means you should come in and flame bait and be a total troll ... but are a victim ... but not a victim ... who just cannot stay away and has to stalk.

Really, what EVERY thread on the forum needs is faggoty trolls comments about the people involved in an actual discussion. That is relevant.

Yeah...that is uncalled for.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 11:20:02 AM
At 9/3/2014 11:09:24 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 9/3/2014 11:02:40 AM, neutral wrote:

And another one ...

Oh dear.

Yeah...that is uncalled for.

After months of being followed around and continuously insulted by that one? Yeah, I rather insist on sometimes firing back. Apologies - but f the mods would wake up and enforce some basic standards, this would not be a problem at all.

Or - I suppose atheists could stop excusing the constant stalking and trolling.

Every discussion - every single one pop - and that guy jumps in. And not just me - Ana, Fati, anyone and everyone.

You have any better ideas about how to stop him? I am all ears.