Jump to topic:

Any Universalist Unitarians here?

The_Immortal_Emris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 9:50:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I see quite a few radical religious folks, and a small number of good, kind-hearted and pious individuals, but I have never come across anyone who subscribes to the Universalist Unitarian faith.

I'd love to get a group together to discuss aspects of religion and where we can find common ground.

The only stipulation is tolerance. You can't be a radical who thinks all those who disagree with you are doomed to burn in hell. Or if you do think this, keep it to yourself.

Let me know if you want an invite to the group.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 10:49:27 AM
At 9/3/2014 9:50:00 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
I see quite a few radical religious folks, and a small number of good, kind-hearted and pious individuals, but I have never come across anyone who subscribes to the Universalist Unitarian faith.

I'd love to get a group together to discuss aspects of religion and where we can find common ground.

The only stipulation is tolerance. You can't be a radical who thinks all those who disagree with you are doomed to burn in hell. Or if you do think this, keep it to yourself.

I'm a universalist but not a unitarian...does that count? :)
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 9:27:06 PM
At 9/3/2014 10:49:27 AM, popculturepooka wrote:

What like Christian Universalism?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 10:02:01 PM

Why do you think human beings have to form groups? Could it be because they all share the same fears together?
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 10:19:41 PM
At 9/3/2014 9:27:06 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Yup.
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
The_Immortal_Emris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 9:19:32 AM
At 9/3/2014 10:19:41 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Yup.

If you believe everyone should be forced to convert to Christianity, no.

If you're cool with individualized searches for truth, then sure.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 9:51:51 AM
At 9/4/2014 9:19:32 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:

Yup.

I'm pretty sure that less than 1% of Christians today believe this. Where would you get this idea?

Of course.
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
The_Immortal_Emris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 10:01:59 AM
At 9/4/2014 9:51:51 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 9/4/2014 9:19:32 AM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:

Yup.

I'm pretty sure that less than 1% of Christians today believe this. Where would you get this idea?

From spending too much time in the deep south and on DDO. It colors one's perspective.

Of course.

Then you can be in the club.