Total Posts:221|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Do you follow the plan?

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?
dee-em
Posts: 6,476
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 6:37:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?

Since you seem to be able to discern these patterns, perhaps you could outline the main points in this plan for us. What can we expect, according to scripture, in the present century for example? I, for one, am curious about what will unfold.

Could you also point out in scripture where the plan included:
- the Dark Ages in Europe
- religious and territorial wars all over Europe
- centuries of inquisitions where 'heretics' were tortured and killed
- the formation of over 30,000 Christian sects
- the first and second world wars (over 75 million people killed)
- the Holocaust
- HIV AIDS (36 million deaths)
- the rise of Islam
- no sign of the return of Jesus

Thanks.
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 6:46:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?

As an atheist, and a secular advocate, I must question, what reasons compel to you to insist that a persons decisions in life should be influenced from a text book that was written many, many centuries ago? Does reality, and others who occupy reality (friends, family, etc..) with us, provide sufficient information to infer how our decisions can be successfully implemented without the approbation of scripture?

My question may seem redundant because I am an atheist, but I would appreciate an answer as to; why seek scripture?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 7:41:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/4/2014 6:37:02 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?

Since you seem to be able to discern these patterns, perhaps you could outline the main points in this plan for us. What can we expect, according to scripture, in the present century for example? I, for one, am curious about what will unfold.

Could you also point out in scripture where the plan included:
- the Dark Ages in Europe
- religious and territorial wars all over Europe
- centuries of inquisitions where 'heretics' were tortured and killed
- the formation of over 30,000 Christian sects
- the first and second world wars (over 75 million people killed)
- the Holocaust
- HIV AIDS (36 million deaths)
- the rise of Islam
- no sign of the return of Jesus

Thanks.

Yes I have been given the privilege, open to all who choose to follow what is needed to get it, of being able to see scripture through God's eyes, rather than man's.

The Dark ages are all a part of the period of the Great Apostasy, foretold by Christ and allowed to flourish until the time was right for God's son to be allowed to act.

The main part of the patterns of scripture deals with the aspects you mention, and they all come under the one blanket.

This major pattern is revealing the attempts by Satan to prove God wrong and to show that humans will not willingly worship him, the challenge put by Satan to God on a number of occasions, and reported in scripture in Job, at the beginning of Chapters 1 and 2, during a meeting of the Angles with God, in heaven.

The story of Job is included in scripture to assure us that even in complete ignorance of the issue involved one human could at least remain blameless in that he did not at any point curse God, which was what Satan said he would do.

After Christ performed his faithful sacrifice, and set the seeds for the "New Israel" to replace the old one in God's organisation, which later became known as the Christian Congregation, it was foretold, partly by Christ whilst still on earth, and partly by the Apostles, that the faith would disappear in it's true form. There are many scriptures which describe that period and what would happen in it, not least of which is Matthew 7:21-23, where Christ describes many who claim to work in his name.

Hence the vile, Satanically inspired acts of those who called, and in some cases still call, themselves Christian.

This group, also known as the "Man of Lawlessness" dominated the faith throughout the major part of the Apostasies power.

However, as with everything else, God had set a time limit for it, and that time limit, according to prophecy, was tied to Christ's being allowed to assume his ruler-ship in the heavens, Satan's casting down to the earth as a temporary measure to allow the heavers to be cleansed, the foretold teaching work to be carried out to draw in the faithful, or at least those who wished to be faithful, and then, finally, the earth to be cleansed of Satan's works and those who died in the past to be resurrected.

This period is known in scripture as " the time of the end", though Christ also referred to it as the time during which he would be revealed (Luke 18:8; Luke 17:22-30) Prophecy points to this time as being around 1914.

Of course Satan's being cast down to the vicinity of the earth, and debarred from heaven, as scripture says, having great anger, freed him to concentrate on humanity and the earth.

He operates on one simple rule, the well known "divide and conquer".

You mention the number of so called "Christian" faiths. Do you think it is mere coincidence that the sudden increase in such faiths has all come about in the time since scripture tells us Satan was cast down? I don't.

Nor do I believe the massive advances in science and technology, all of which are beneficial in the short term, but in the long term are destroying the earth have sped up since that time.

Nor do I see it as coincidental that Nations are rapidly becoming more and more divided amongst themselves, which I again see as part of the "divide and conquer" rule. Why even now in the UK there is debate about Scotland separating itself, a debate which the Cornish are watching with great interest.

Mankind has never been more divided, there have never been so many distractions to take our mind of "the more important things". This fits in perfectly with Satan's idea of divide and conquer, because as another cliche says "united we stand, divided we fall" that is why the one True Christianity calls for absolute unity, as it did in the 1st century, and that is what, in the end will prove it's strength.

Long as it was, that was very much a precis of one part of the story. Only JWs, the one true Christian Congregation, can fill in all the bits in between for you. Though admittedly, given time I could also.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 7:47:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/4/2014 6:46:00 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?

As an atheist, and a secular advocate, I must question, what reasons compel to you to insist that a persons decisions in life should be influenced from a text book that was written many, many centuries ago? Does reality, and others who occupy reality (friends, family, etc..) with us, provide sufficient information to infer how our decisions can be successfully implemented without the approbation of scripture?

My question may seem redundant because I am an atheist, but I would appreciate an answer as to; why seek scripture?

There is only one reason. It is the truth, inspired by the one who only wishes the best for his creation.

Scripture describes the only true reality, what we experience as such at the moment is a temporary aberration.

Only God can foresee the full effects of every decision we make, and the effects it will have on others.

For instance, you decision over which car to buy does not just affect you. Accumulated with all the others buying the same make, you decision has helped ensure at least some future for all the employees in that company, and the continued welfare of their families.

Because you and others have ensured they have money to spend, that helps support the jobs of everyone else in the chain that they deal with.

Bigger decisions have wider ranging effects on others.

John Donne's words "No man is an island entire unto itself" are very wise words.

Only God can tell us which of those decisions, in the end, will be beneficial to the future of mankind and the planet.

Lets face it, the damage we are doing to the planet now proves we can't work that out.
dee-em
Posts: 6,476
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 8:15:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Millions of years of evolution have produced a big-brained ape capable of amazing feats such as putting a man on the Moon. And yet an adult specimen of this species believes superstitious nonsense which you would have trouble selling to an average eight year old child who has not been similarly religiously indoctrinated. It's so incredibly sad.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 9:03:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/4/2014 8:15:51 AM, dee-em wrote:
Millions of years of evolution have produced a big-brained ape capable of amazing feats such as putting a man on the Moon. And yet an adult specimen of this species believes superstitious nonsense which you would have trouble selling to an average eight year old child who has not been similarly religiously indoctrinated. It's so incredibly sad.

Then I challenge you to prove it, because no-one else ever has. Even the time-scale you mention has no basis in anything other than "best guess" science because there are too many possible unknowns, and they cannot demonstrate the accuracy of it as they have no provable data from back then, since no-one was there to measure it.

The nearest evolutionary theory you can find that actually matches the evidence is the "Punctuated Equilibrium" theory, which actually matches the Creation account in what it describes.

Of course first you need to understand what the Creation account actually describes, which you inevitably don't because only one group I know of teach it.

One thing the creation account does not state is that God created everything "as is", it describes only the creation of the basic kinds.

Do you honestly think that a loving and intelligent creator would not have ensured the survival of his creations by building into them the ability to adapt as needed. That is what Evolutionists observe, not Evolution as they wish to see it.

It never ceases to amaze me that otherwise intelligent people like yourself are so blind to the "holes" in the evolutionary theory, when really they are glaringly obvious.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 9:06:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?

The bigger problem seems to be theists who have studied scripture deeply enough to realize that it makes so many false claims, that it becomes necessary to lie about what it says. When one can read...

- In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And declare, "See, right there, God created the sun, the moon, Earth and space", they have lost the ability to be honest, even with themselves. And when they go on to read...

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

...and still fail to admit their mistake, their penchant for dishonesty has become both chronic and pathological.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bulproof
Posts: 25,269
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 9:14:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
No man can see the face of god, lest he die.

How many times does your holy book of spells record the number of people who have seen this god face to face and lived to tell the tale?

Oh that's right, when god says something will happen at that very moment, he's just takin' the PISS.

How braindead do you need to be to believe this tripe?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 10:24:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/4/2014 9:06:09 AM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?

The bigger problem seems to be theists who have studied scripture deeply enough to realize that it makes so many false claims, that it becomes necessary to lie about what it says. When one can read...

- In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And declare, "See, right there, God created the sun, the moon, Earth and space", they have lost the ability to be honest, even with themselves. And when they go on to read...

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

...and still fail to admit their mistake, their penchant for dishonesty has become both chronic and pathological.

If they have studied it deeply enough they realise that it doesn't make any mistakes at all.

I have already explained why you are so wrong (deliberately??) in your interpretation.

After all, scripture has already told us they were created long before so how can the words mean what you say they do? That is not only unreasonable and illogical it is impossible.

Which is why your pathetic attempt at defending your indefensible stand falls flat every time.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 10:27:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/4/2014 9:14:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
No man can see the face of god, lest he die.

How many times does your holy book of spells record the number of people who have seen this god face to face and lived to tell the tale?

Oh that's right, when god says something will happen at that very moment, he's just takin' the PISS.

How braindead do you need to be to believe this tripe?

Not as brain dead as one needs to be to believe what you teach.

However you are perfectly correct, that no flesh can see God, nor ever has or ever will.

They have seen materialised angels. nothing more, nothing less.

If you even knew the basics of what you criticise you would know how stupid what you suggest is.

Yes Scripture says some have seen Jehovah, but what they saw was his representatives. not literally him since that is impossible.

We are not expected to believe the impossible, but to use our knowledge of the possible to help us understand what is meant by what scripture says.
dee-em
Posts: 6,476
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 7:06:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/4/2014 9:03:54 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/4/2014 8:15:51 AM, dee-em wrote:
Millions of years of evolution have produced a big-brained ape capable of amazing feats such as putting a man on the Moon. And yet an adult specimen of this species believes superstitious nonsense which you would have trouble selling to an average eight year old child who has not been similarly religiously indoctrinated. It's so incredibly sad.

Then I challenge you to prove it, because no-one else ever has. Even the time-scale you mention has no basis in anything other than "best guess" science because there are too many possible unknowns, and they cannot demonstrate the accuracy of it as they have no provable data from back then, since no-one was there to measure it.

The nearest evolutionary theory you can find that actually matches the evidence is the "Punctuated Equilibrium" theory, which actually matches the Creation account in what it describes.

Of course first you need to understand what the Creation account actually describes, which you inevitably don't because only one group I know of teach it.

One thing the creation account does not state is that God created everything "as is", it describes only the creation of the basic kinds.

Do you honestly think that a loving and intelligent creator would not have ensured the survival of his creations by building into them the ability to adapt as needed. That is what Evolutionists observe, not Evolution as they wish to see it.

It never ceases to amaze me that otherwise intelligent people like yourself are so blind to the "holes" in the evolutionary theory, when really they are glaringly obvious.

For someone as lost in delusion as you are, what evidence would suffice? There are mountains of evidence for evolution but you would rather believe a single 2,000 year old book written by anonymous, superstitious, largely ignorant zealots without a clue on the origins of the universe and of life on Earth. You reject hard-won, established science for concocted fairy tales. What can a rational person say to that? We feel sorry for you and we hope a decent, universal, secular education system will avoid producing deluded people like you in humanity's future. No offense.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 8:47:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?

Only God can teach us the deeper meanings of the symbolic prophecies. No man can teach himself these deeper meanings without being totally deceived by what he reads in the Bible. That's because man doesn't know who our Creator is and he certainly won't get to know Him by reading words in a book called the Bible.
bulproof
Posts: 25,269
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 10:42:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/4/2014 10:27:58 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/4/2014 9:14:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
No man can see the face of god, lest he die.

How many times does your holy book of spells record the number of people who have seen this god face to face and lived to tell the tale?

Oh that's right, when god says something will happen at that very moment, he's just takin' the PISS.

How braindead do you need to be to believe this tripe?

Not as brain dead as one needs to be to believe what you teach.

However you are perfectly correct, that no flesh can see God, nor ever has or ever will.

They have seen materialised angels. nothing more, nothing less.

If you even knew the basics of what you criticise you would know how stupid what you suggest is.

Yes Scripture says some have seen Jehovah, but what they saw was his representatives. not literally him since that is impossible.

We are not expected to believe the impossible, but to use our knowledge of the possible to help us understand what is meant by what scripture says.

Genesis 32:30
And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for, said he, I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

So I guess god lied. Oh well
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 11:02:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/4/2014 7:47:56 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/4/2014 6:46:00 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?

As an atheist, and a secular advocate, I must question, what reasons compel to you to insist that a persons decisions in life should be influenced from a text book that was written many, many centuries ago? Does reality, and others who occupy reality (friends, family, etc..) with us, provide sufficient information to infer how our decisions can be successfully implemented without the approbation of scripture?

My question may seem redundant because I am an atheist, but I would appreciate an answer as to; why seek scripture?

There is only one reason. It is the truth, inspired by the one who only wishes the best for his creation.

Scripture describes the only true reality, what we experience as such at the moment is a temporary aberration.

Only God can foresee the full effects of every decision we make, and the effects it will have on others.

For instance, you decision over which car to buy does not just affect you. Accumulated with all the others buying the same make, you decision has helped ensure at least some future for all the employees in that company, and the continued welfare of their families.

Because you and others have ensured they have money to spend, that helps support the jobs of everyone else in the chain that they deal with.

Bigger decisions have wider ranging effects on others.

John Donne's words "No man is an island entire unto itself" are very wise words.

Only God can tell us which of those decisions, in the end, will be beneficial to the future of mankind and the planet.

Lets face it, the damage we are doing to the planet now proves we can't work that out.

Is the god you refer to omnipotent?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 11:45:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/4/2014 11:02:56 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 9/4/2014 7:47:56 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/4/2014 6:46:00 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?

As an atheist, and a secular advocate, I must question, what reasons compel to you to insist that a persons decisions in life should be influenced from a text book that was written many, many centuries ago? Does reality, and others who occupy reality (friends, family, etc..) with us, provide sufficient information to infer how our decisions can be successfully implemented without the approbation of scripture?

My question may seem redundant because I am an atheist, but I would appreciate an answer as to; why seek scripture?

There is only one reason. It is the truth, inspired by the one who only wishes the best for his creation.

Scripture describes the only true reality, what we experience as such at the moment is a temporary aberration.

Only God can foresee the full effects of every decision we make, and the effects it will have on others.

For instance, you decision over which car to buy does not just affect you. Accumulated with all the others buying the same make, you decision has helped ensure at least some future for all the employees in that company, and the continued welfare of their families.

Because you and others have ensured they have money to spend, that helps support the jobs of everyone else in the chain that they deal with.

Bigger decisions have wider ranging effects on others.

John Donne's words "No man is an island entire unto itself" are very wise words.

Only God can tell us which of those decisions, in the end, will be beneficial to the future of mankind and the planet.

Lets face it, the damage we are doing to the planet now proves we can't work that out.

Is the god you refer to omnipotent?

Why ask an unbeliever about who God is? Anyone can read words in a book and pretend they know something.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 2:28:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?

This is the FIRST TIME I have ever seen a post from you in which you weren't belching out from your pen the same diarrhea squirted out by the WatchTower. So congrats on that! I have a feeling it won't last long. We'll see.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 2:33:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/4/2014 7:41:41 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/4/2014 6:37:02 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Yes I have been given the privilege, open to all who choose to follow what is needed to get it, of being able to see scripture through God's eyes, rather than man's.

The Dark ages are all a part of the period of the Great Apostasy, foretold by Christ and allowed to flourish until the time was right for God's son to be allowed to act.

.... and true to form, it didn't last long.


This period is known in scripture as " the time of the end", though Christ also referred to it as the time during which he would be revealed (Luke 18:8; Luke 17:22-30) Prophecy points to this time as being around 1914.

There ya go.

Only JWs, the one true Christian Congregation, can fill in all the bits in between for you. Though admittedly, given time I could also.

LMAO. Lord, have mercy! Dude, if JW's are "the one true Christian congregation", then we all might as well hang it up and admit that true Christianity was lost and ain't comin' back. Why you have to single out the world's worst prophetic buffoons, the ones who handed us one of the worst Bible perversions under the sun, the ones who redefine the same word half a dozen times to suit whatever theory they are spewing at the moment .... is a little beyond comprehension.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 4:00:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 2:33:49 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/4/2014 7:41:41 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:


LMAO. Lord, have mercy! Dude, if JW's are "the one true Christian congregation", then we all might as well hang it up and admit that true Christianity was lost and ain't comin' back. Why you have to single out the world's worst prophetic buffoons, the ones who handed us one of the worst Bible perversions under the sun, the ones who redefine the same word half a dozen times to suit whatever theory they are spewing at the moment .... is a little beyond comprehension.

Hardly because they are the ones who have brought it back from it's position of being lost long ago (Luke 18:8).

However, giving up and admitting that you are wrong and God is right would be a good place to start.

In fact it is the only place for all of us to start.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 4:03:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 2:28:59 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?

This is the FIRST TIME I have ever seen a post from you in which you weren't belching out from your pen the same diarrhea squirted out by the WatchTower. So congrats on that! I have a feeling it won't last long. We'll see.

I have only ever put forth what scripture teaches and only ever will. If the WTBTS puts out the same things then good for them.

It seems you class scripture as Watchtower diarrhoea, lol. I wonder how God and Christ feel about that.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 4:11:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/4/2014 11:02:56 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 9/4/2014 7:47:56 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/4/2014 6:46:00 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?

As an atheist, and a secular advocate, I must question, what reasons compel to you to insist that a persons decisions in life should be influenced from a text book that was written many, many centuries ago? Does reality, and others who occupy reality (friends, family, etc..) with us, provide sufficient information to infer how our decisions can be successfully implemented without the approbation of scripture?

My question may seem redundant because I am an atheist, but I would appreciate an answer as to; why seek scripture?

There is only one reason. It is the truth, inspired by the one who only wishes the best for his creation.

Scripture describes the only true reality, what we experience as such at the moment is a temporary aberration.

Only God can foresee the full effects of every decision we make, and the effects it will have on others.

For instance, you decision over which car to buy does not just affect you. Accumulated with all the others buying the same make, you decision has helped ensure at least some future for all the employees in that company, and the continued welfare of their families.

Because you and others have ensured they have money to spend, that helps support the jobs of everyone else in the chain that they deal with.

Bigger decisions have wider ranging effects on others.

John Donne's words "No man is an island entire unto itself" are very wise words.

Only God can tell us which of those decisions, in the end, will be beneficial to the future of mankind and the planet.

Lets face it, the damage we are doing to the planet now proves we can't work that out.

Is the god you refer to omnipotent?

What do you mean by7 omnipotent?

To me, and to God it means "having the power and ability to do whatever he wishes to do, in whatever way he wishes to do it". If that is your understanding of the word then yes he is.

The problem most people fail to understand is that just because God can do it, doesn't mean he will do it.

After all you have the power and ability to kill your neighbour, and may even feel like doing so at times, but will you?

God doesn't just set us high moral standards, he follows them himself.

How powerful is he? Well he created the suns and stars throughout the universe, and still has enough power left over to baulk Satan at every turn, at least enough to mean humanity still exists.

Yes, his power is absolutely limitless, hence I have absolute faith in his ability to do what he promised, when he promised to do it. Not before, not after, but precisely when he promised.

I also have absolute faith that whatever anyone or anything else does, his purpose will be achieved without fail, despite any hindrance, whoever from.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 4:13:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/4/2014 10:42:37 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/4/2014 10:27:58 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/4/2014 9:14:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
No man can see the face of god, lest he die.

How many times does your holy book of spells record the number of people who have seen this god face to face and lived to tell the tale?

Oh that's right, when god says something will happen at that very moment, he's just takin' the PISS.

How braindead do you need to be to believe this tripe?

Not as brain dead as one needs to be to believe what you teach.

However you are perfectly correct, that no flesh can see God, nor ever has or ever will.

They have seen materialised angels. nothing more, nothing less.

If you even knew the basics of what you criticise you would know how stupid what you suggest is.

Yes Scripture says some have seen Jehovah, but what they saw was his representatives. not literally him since that is impossible.

We are not expected to believe the impossible, but to use our knowledge of the possible to help us understand what is meant by what scripture says.

Genesis 32:30
And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for, said he, I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

So I guess god lied. Oh well

No, Jacob was mistaken, there is a difference despite the fact that whichever it were to be the statement was false.

After all, you call yourself intelligent, are you lying or simply mistaken because intelligent you most certainly are not.

As I said elsewhere THE BOSS ALWAYS GETS THE CREDIT
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 4:29:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/4/2014 7:06:52 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/4/2014 9:03:54 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/4/2014 8:15:51 AM, dee-em wrote:
Millions of years of evolution have produced a big-brained ape capable of amazing feats such as putting a man on the Moon. And yet an adult specimen of this species believes superstitious nonsense which you would have trouble selling to an average eight year old child who has not been similarly religiously indoctrinated. It's so incredibly sad.

Then I challenge you to prove it, because no-one else ever has. Even the time-scale you mention has no basis in anything other than "best guess" science because there are too many possible unknowns, and they cannot demonstrate the accuracy of it as they have no provable data from back then, since no-one was there to measure it.

The nearest evolutionary theory you can find that actually matches the evidence is the "Punctuated Equilibrium" theory, which actually matches the Creation account in what it describes.

Of course first you need to understand what the Creation account actually describes, which you inevitably don't because only one group I know of teach it.

One thing the creation account does not state is that God created everything "as is", it describes only the creation of the basic kinds.

Do you honestly think that a loving and intelligent creator would not have ensured the survival of his creations by building into them the ability to adapt as needed. That is what Evolutionists observe, not Evolution as they wish to see it.

It never ceases to amaze me that otherwise intelligent people like yourself are so blind to the "holes" in the evolutionary theory, when really they are glaringly obvious.

For someone as lost in delusion as you are, what evidence would suffice? There are mountains of evidence for evolution but you would rather believe a single 2,000 year old book written by anonymous, superstitious, largely ignorant zealots without a clue on the origins of the universe and of life on Earth. You reject hard-won, established science for concocted fairy tales. What can a rational person say to that? We feel sorry for you and we hope a decent, universal, secular education system will avoid producing deluded people like you in humanity's future. No offense.

None taken.

However I am not the one lost in delusion.

Where do you get the figure of 2,000 years old from. The Hebrew scriptures are far older than that, and they are the basis of the whole of scripture.

So any who don't agree with what you believe are ignorant are they? That is what you are saying, but even if the "secretaries" who wrote down what God directed them to write were ignorant, and that could at least go some way to explaining why they didn't even claim to understand much of what they wrote, that does not mean that the one who guided and inspired them was.

I know and understand God's ability to communicate with humans, and have no problem with believing that at times his communications have been even more direct and powerful, albeit through the offices of his son or the Angels.

I have experienced first hand the way Satan can use the same communication method to make us see "ghosts" or other hallucinations. I therefore have no difficulty in understanding just how fully God can guide our minds and hearts.

No, the humans that wrote down the words in the bible may have been ignorant, though doubtless Moses, brought up in the household of the Egyptians was not, but their abilities do not matter because God can grant us knowledge and abilities way above the human norm. Ironically scripture even boasts that God chooses the ignorant in order to display his power through them (1 Corinthians 1:26-31).

However a God who can foretell things as accurately as he has right down to the present day and beyond, and can cause humans to wrote these things down, is, is believe, worthy of my full attention

After all, read Revelation 11:18. God could foresee a time when, as we are now, we would be busily ruining the earth and putting the whole of his earth bound creation at risk, and when he would be forced to step in and stop the rot.

That one prophecy alone makes me think, does it not make you think also? And there are so many others all of those due for fulfilment have happened right on time, those not yet fulfilled will be, again exactly on time.

We humans think we are so clever and yet we know next to nothing, and moist of what we "know" is wrong anyway.
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:31:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 4:11:14 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/4/2014 11:02:56 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 9/4/2014 7:47:56 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/4/2014 6:46:00 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?

As an atheist, and a secular advocate, I must question, what reasons compel to you to insist that a persons decisions in life should be influenced from a text book that was written many, many centuries ago? Does reality, and others who occupy reality (friends, family, etc..) with us, provide sufficient information to infer how our decisions can be successfully implemented without the approbation of scripture?

My question may seem redundant because I am an atheist, but I would appreciate an answer as to; why seek scripture?

There is only one reason. It is the truth, inspired by the one who only wishes the best for his creation.

Scripture describes the only true reality, what we experience as such at the moment is a temporary aberration.

Only God can foresee the full effects of every decision we make, and the effects it will have on others.

For instance, you decision over which car to buy does not just affect you. Accumulated with all the others buying the same make, you decision has helped ensure at least some future for all the employees in that company, and the continued welfare of their families.

Because you and others have ensured they have money to spend, that helps support the jobs of everyone else in the chain that they deal with.

Bigger decisions have wider ranging effects on others.

John Donne's words "No man is an island entire unto itself" are very wise words.

Only God can tell us which of those decisions, in the end, will be beneficial to the future of mankind and the planet.

Lets face it, the damage we are doing to the planet now proves we can't work that out.

Is the god you refer to omnipotent?

What do you mean by7 omnipotent?

To me, and to God it means "having the power and ability to do whatever he wishes to do, in whatever way he wishes to do it". If that is your understanding of the word then yes he is.

The problem most people fail to understand is that just because God can do it, doesn't mean he will do it.

After all you have the power and ability to kill your neighbour, and may even feel like doing so at times, but will you?

God doesn't just set us high moral standards, he follows them himself.

How powerful is he? Well he created the suns and stars throughout the universe, and still has enough power left over to baulk Satan at every turn, at least enough to mean humanity still exists.

Yes, his power is absolutely limitless, hence I have absolute faith in his ability to do what he promised, when he promised to do it. Not before, not after, but precisely when he promised.

I also have absolute faith that whatever anyone or anything else does, his purpose will be achieved without fail, despite any hindrance, whoever from.

I was going to subsequently question; why does your god elect NOT to assist individuals who are suffering atrocious hardships? God certainly possesses the power, hence why god is worshiped am I not correct? That appears, to me, that god is negligent and/or god does not consider his creation earnestly, or why even bother create us to begin with?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 2:11:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 1:31:11 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 9/5/2014 4:11:14 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/4/2014 11:02:56 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 9/4/2014 7:47:56 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/4/2014 6:46:00 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?

As an atheist, and a secular advocate, I must question, what reasons compel to you to insist that a persons decisions in life should be influenced from a text book that was written many, many centuries ago? Does reality, and others who occupy reality (friends, family, etc..) with us, provide sufficient information to infer how our decisions can be successfully implemented without the approbation of scripture?

My question may seem redundant because I am an atheist, but I would appreciate an answer as to; why seek scripture?

There is only one reason. It is the truth, inspired by the one who only wishes the best for his creation.

Scripture describes the only true reality, what we experience as such at the moment is a temporary aberration.

Only God can foresee the full effects of every decision we make, and the effects it will have on others.

For instance, you decision over which car to buy does not just affect you. Accumulated with all the others buying the same make, you decision has helped ensure at least some future for all the employees in that company, and the continued welfare of their families.

Because you and others have ensured they have money to spend, that helps support the jobs of everyone else in the chain that they deal with.

Bigger decisions have wider ranging effects on others.

John Donne's words "No man is an island entire unto itself" are very wise words.

Only God can tell us which of those decisions, in the end, will be beneficial to the future of mankind and the planet.

Lets face it, the damage we are doing to the planet now proves we can't work that out.

Is the god you refer to omnipotent?

What do you mean by7 omnipotent?

To me, and to God it means "having the power and ability to do whatever he wishes to do, in whatever way he wishes to do it". If that is your understanding of the word then yes he is.

The problem most people fail to understand is that just because God can do it, doesn't mean he will do it.

After all you have the power and ability to kill your neighbour, and may even feel like doing so at times, but will you?

God doesn't just set us high moral standards, he follows them himself.

How powerful is he? Well he created the suns and stars throughout the universe, and still has enough power left over to baulk Satan at every turn, at least enough to mean humanity still exists.

Yes, his power is absolutely limitless, hence I have absolute faith in his ability to do what he promised, when he promised to do it. Not before, not after, but precisely when he promised.

I also have absolute faith that whatever anyone or anything else does, his purpose will be achieved without fail, despite any hindrance, whoever from.

I was going to subsequently question; why does your god elect NOT to assist individuals who are suffering atrocious hardships? God certainly possesses the power, hence why god is worshiped am I not correct? That appears, to me, that god is negligent and/or god does not consider his creation earnestly, or why even bother create us to begin with?

A simple question with a long and complicated answer which it has taken most of scripture to develop the story of.

The point is that he has acted, and is acting, but like everything he does it is a slowly and carefully developed plan which will being a permanent end to all suffering, and remove all the causes of it.

Just as God took billions of years to create the heavens of the earth, and 42,000 to prepare it for habitation, thus he set aside 7,000 for developing the solution.

In the meantime he has protected all of humanity by shortening the time during which we would have to suffer to a mere, in his eyes anyway 70 years or so, and arranged for a resurrection into the cleansed New World when it is finally brought about.

The main cause of all this is the challenge that Satan set, and God, in his wisdom realised that the only way to ensure that it can never happen again, as well as to be fair to all parties, including Satan, there had to be a time set aside to prove that it could not succeed.

When a halt has finally been called, all the dead brought back and given a chance to learn, there will be no way anyone can say "Ah, but what if....?" because Satan has been given enough opportunity to try every possible trick or combination of tricks that there could be.

Scripture is the record of the development of that plan, and the last three chapters of Revelation a description of the joy that all who have chosen to remain faithful will share because, be they few or many, they have played their part in proving Satan's claim that no human would serve God in adversity wrong.

To we humans 7,000 years may seem a long time, but even 6,000 years plus later Satan is still trying new tricks, and still has most of the humans on this planet in his thrall, which simply proves how necessary it was to allow that length of time.

Yes it could have been done easier by God acting as a tyrant or a bully, but that really have worked. I do not believe it would because I believe that peace would continually be disrupted, as it is at present, by someone thinking they knew better.

However the peace God created us all to enjoy must never be disrupted again, and nor will it after the final test, what many call Judgement day, though in truth there has been more than one of them and will be two more, but the final test truly will be the last one ever, no more will be needed..

That's a very simplistic description of what is happening and why, but to explain it fully would take a proper bible study, because every stage really needs explaining.

Justice will prevail because Jehovah is the God of Justice, amongst his other qualities. However his justice is perfect and applies equally to the innocent and the guilty. All will get exactly what they deserve when the time comes. No sooner, and no later.
Idealist1
Posts: 117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 4:49:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?

My mother is big into Bible study, having done it for fifty years or more. She tells me that when you carefully read the entire thing then you get a different message from what you would get from reading the parts individually. Unfortunately all I have done is to read some of the parts, so I can't confirm that.
Idealist1
Posts: 117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 4:51:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 2:28:59 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?

This is the FIRST TIME I have ever seen a post from you in which you weren't belching out from your pen the same diarrhea squirted out by the WatchTower. So congrats on that! I have a feeling it won't last long. We'll see.

I agree with your observation on this, and am just as impressed. He almost sounds human with his own opinions and all.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 5:16:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 4:51:14 PM, Idealist1 wrote:
At 9/5/2014 2:28:59 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?

This is the FIRST TIME I have ever seen a post from you in which you weren't belching out from your pen the same diarrhea squirted out by the WatchTower. So congrats on that! I have a feeling it won't last long. We'll see.

I agree with your observation on this, and am just as impressed. He almost sounds human with his own opinions and all.

My opinions are not my own, but come from scripture, guided to a limited extent by holy spirit, simple as.

Like all who are attempting to be true Christians, I gave up any thoughts of my own opinions when I realised that in God and Christ, therefore in scripture, I had come across far superior ones.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 5:35:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 4:49:09 PM, Idealist1 wrote:
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?

My mother is big into Bible study, having done it for fifty years or more. She tells me that when you carefully read the entire thing then you get a different message from what you would get from reading the parts individually. Unfortunately all I have done is to read some of the parts, so I can't confirm that.

That is very true indeed, and is the basis behind the bible study carried out by all true Christians, or those trying to be such.

I cannot claim that for myself because on my disfellowshipping it was made very clear that I was "no longer a part of the Christian Congregation" as the announcement from the platform put it that Thursday evening.

The point is that scripture is not written to be taken in pieces, and that includes splitting the "OT" from the "NT" which is why people like me tend to refer to them as the Hebrew Scriptures and Christian Greek Scriptures. a much more accurate designation because there is nothing in the Christian Greek Scriptures which is completely new. Even the fact that the sacrifice of Christ fulfilled the Mosaic Law is foretold, or in some cases hinted at, in the Hebrew Scriptures. Therefore to call them "NEW" is in error.

Even Revelation is merely an expansion of what is foretold or hinted at in the Hebrew Scriptures. For instance the first few verses of Revelation 20 simply answers the question "Why does Isaiah merely call the promised Messiah the Prince of Peace, not the King of it", when that chapter describes what Paul foretold about the Christ handing the Kingdom to his Father. Hence the King of peace is, and will always be the God that Peter and Paul referred to in 1 Peter 1:3 and Ephesians 1:3.

One of the main reasons why the Trinity doctrine has survived this long is because pole, like Annanicole for instance, ignore the Hebrew Scriptures. She has admitted to me that she only "may have read" it briefly. You simply cannot hope to understand teh Christian Greek Scriptures unless you have the Hebrew Scriptures as a basis, as all the first century Christians did. After all they are what Christ and the Apostles taught from, and what Paul referred to as "all scripture" which as he said is "Inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting straight, so the man of God may be completely equipped and fully competent for every good work" .

This means that in the eyes of Paul, as was obviously the case for Christ, nothing more is needed, not even the Christian Greek Scriptures for you to get the full picture of what scripture teaches.

Not that the Christian Greek Scriptures are redundant, because they make understanding the Hebrew Scriptures a little easier in places, and provide evidence of the fulfilment of many of the prophecies found in the Hebrew Scriptures.

I generally only use the terms OT and NT when dealing with people who may not know the true designation of them.

No, your mother is correct. There are a number of related themes which run all the way through from Genesis to Revelation, and therefore if you skip a "step" you miss out.

That is why people like Annanicole are so far from understanding scripture.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 7:05:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 5:35:42 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/5/2014 4:49:09 PM, Idealist1 wrote:
At 9/4/2014 5:19:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Have you even looked deeply enough into scripture to discern it?

That is one of the main purposes of scripture from Genesis to Revelation. To alert us to the slow but sure progress of the plan which God set in motion in the Garden of Eden, to bring humanity back on course.

Scripture contains many pattern for us to follow, and the whole of scripture is a tutorial, helping us to understand God's plan and his massive patience, all of which leads to the Christ, the "seed" foretold to Satan, in his guise of the serpent, in the Garden of Eden.

Have you really studied scripture deeply enough to discern those patterns, or have we contented ourselves with the shallow interpretations most people cling to which give us a very wrong picture indeed?

My mother is big into Bible study, having done it for fifty years or more. She tells me that when you carefully read the entire thing then you get a different message from what you would get from reading the parts individually. Unfortunately all I have done is to read some of the parts, so I can't confirm that.

That is very true indeed, and is the basis behind the bible study carried out by all true Christians, or those trying to be such.

I cannot claim that for myself because on my disfellowshipping it was made very clear that I was "no longer a part of the Christian Congregation" as the announcement from the platform put it that Thursday evening.

And that Thursday should have been the best day of your life, for it marked your emancipation from association with a motley group of heretical buffoons and bimbos who make a specialty out of screwing up every prophesy they come across.

That is why people like Annanicole are so far from understanding scripture.

Not far enough that I have to repeatedly redefine common words and phrases and hide behind the idea that I present "God's understanding" of what it means.

Not far enough that I feel compelled to put forth a ridiculous perversion of the scriptures which was and is almost universally canned.

Not far enough that I had to defend the aforementioned perversion by employing dishonest means in hopes of confusing the credulous.

Not far enough that I must employ pure old sophistry in an effort to defend a name, "Jehovah's Witnesses", which everyone knows has never been applied to Christians.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."