Jump to topic:

The most Influential?

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 1:07:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
When Eve made her alleged mistake it caused god to sentence ALL of humanity to eternal torture.

When Jesus made his alleged sacrifice it caused god to rescind that sentence for a select FEW.

Seems fairly obvious which of these had a greater influence on god.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 7:41:23 AM
At 9/8/2014 1:07:02 AM, bulproof wrote:
When Eve made her alleged mistake it caused god to sentence ALL of humanity to eternal torture.

When Jesus made his alleged sacrifice it caused god to rescind that sentence for a select FEW.

I don't know what religious denomination you refer to but I am assuming Calvinism or something similar as this is not entirely the case in Mormonism. Actually, its pretty far off.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 8:05:08 AM

Ha ha. Good one. Now lets wait for the fury to erupt.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 8:06:22 AM
At 9/8/2014 8:05:08 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:

So the point is to deliberately goad people into 'fury'?

Why not just say, "Heh, lets troll people!"

At least be honest about intent.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 8:08:24 AM
At 9/8/2014 8:06:22 AM, neutral wrote:

It will elicit fury (theists get angry about anything that requires some thinking), however it is still a valid question when you think about it.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 8:11:34 AM
At 9/8/2014 8:08:24 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:

It will elicit fury (theists get angry about anything that requires some thinking), however it is still a valid question when you think about it.

Like identifying trolling? That takes very little thought and absolutely no emotion to identify.

Are you just another atheist who thinks that he's smarter than everyone and whose sole intent is to call everyone with a different opinion, 'stupid'?

Again, doesn't take a lot of mental effort to identify arrogance in thought or action either.

It didn't take long for a Chirstian - a Mormon at that whom you atheists despise above all else - to figure out the reference to Calvinism.

So are you here to troll? Or discuss?

Indeed, you sound like you could be one of bully boy's newly minted alter-egos. Are you?
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 9:03:36 AM
At 9/8/2014 8:11:34 AM, neutral wrote:

Like identifying trolling? That takes very little thought and absolutely no emotion to identify.

Are you just another atheist who thinks that he's smarter than everyone and whose sole intent is to call everyone with a different opinion, 'stupid'?

Again, doesn't take a lot of mental effort to identify arrogance in thought or action either.

It didn't take long for a Chirstian - a Mormon at that whom you atheists despise above all else - to figure out the reference to Calvinism.

Indeed, you sound like you could be one of bully boy's newly minted alter-egos. Are you?

See you are going on the defensive when I pointed out that it is a good question. Think I proved my point.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 9:04:58 AM
At 9/8/2014 9:03:36 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:

See you are going on the defensive when I pointed out that it is a good question. Think I proved my point.

That trolling is easy to spot? Point conceded.

So any questions of atheism are 'automatically' defensive., eh?

We call that a pre-hoc.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 9:08:42 AM
At 9/8/2014 9:04:58 AM, neutral wrote:

We call that a pre-hoc.

What question did you ask. All the so called questions you asked were tripe i.e. are you this persons follower. Ask something relevant.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 9:11:56 AM
At 9/8/2014 9:08:42 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:

We call that a pre-hoc.

What question did you ask. All the so called questions you asked were tripe i.e. are you this persons follower. Ask something relevant.

#1 - I didn't claim you were a follower, I claimed you were an alter ego - you sound EXACTLY alike. To the point that one could reasonably suspect that a poster who has already been caught with several alternate identities and whose current trollish embodiment is running into issue ... might just have created another alter ego.

Might not. Worth asking.

#2 - Is the point of discussion to insight a 'fury'? Isn't that just flame bait?

Now, let's see this famous superior intellect of atheism at work - which could not figure out what the question was.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 9:14:21 AM
At 9/8/2014 9:11:56 AM, neutral wrote:

We call that a pre-hoc.

#1 - I didn't claim you were a follower, I claimed you were an alter ego - you sound EXACTLY alike. To the point that one could reasonably suspect that a poster who has already been caught with several alternate identities and whose current trollish embodiment is running into issue ... might just have created another alter ego.

Might not. Worth asking.

#2 - Is the point of discussion to insight a 'fury'? Isn't that just flame bait?

Now, let's see this famous superior intellect of atheism at work - which could not figure out what the question was.

Oh I replied to that earlier. See above.

"It will elicit fury (theists get angry about anything that requires some thinking), however it is still a valid question when you think about it."

BTW Flame bait is not what you call an opposite point of view.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 9:20:14 AM
At 9/8/2014 9:14:21 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:

We call that a pre-hoc.

Might not. Worth asking.

"It will elicit fury (theists get angry about anything that requires some thinking), however it is still a valid question when you think about it."

If the intent to engage an unthinking and emotive response - its flame bait.

If we need to put words in other people's mouths? Well, clearly one side is indeed engaging without thinking.

Why pretend that someone who wishes to crap on people, who deserve it apparently, is intelligent rather than simply narcissistic?

If you think you have the brains, shut up and put up.

If you think you can disprove God, do so.

If you think Calvinism is the dominant position of Christians ... demonstrate it.

If all you want to do is provoke and emotional response? Then you are troll. No insult intended, just a statement of fact. What is, is - and rational people can see that, correct?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 9:21:08 AM
Can't respond to the OP newt?

It's an interesting question and instead of answering it you start a vitriolic hatefest on a poster who understands it.

Oh well.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 9:22:52 AM
At 9/8/2014 9:21:08 AM, bulproof wrote:

It's an interesting question and instead of answering it you start a vitriolic hatefest on a poster who understands it.

Oh well.

Refuse to ... in a demonstration of how really, its possible to avoid abusive ranters.

Odd that you and doppleganger are here at the same time.

Just stay away troll boy.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 9:26:30 AM
At 9/8/2014 9:20:14 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/8/2014 9:14:21 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:

We call that a pre-hoc.

Might not. Worth asking.

If the intent to engage an unthinking and emotive response - its flame bait.

If we need to put words in other people's mouths? Well, clearly one side is indeed engaging without thinking.

Why pretend that someone who wishes to crap on people, who deserve it apparently, is intelligent rather than simply narcissistic?

If you think you have the brains, shut up and put up.

If you think you can disprove God, do so.
Atheists maintain the position that there is not enough evidence to prove the existence of god.

If you think Calvinism is the dominant position of Christians ... demonstrate it.
Did I say that?

If all you want to do is provoke and emotional response? Then you are troll. No insult intended, just a statement of fact. What is, is - and rational people can see that, correct?

Not sure how I was provoking an emotional response. But okay.

BTW if you think I am a doppelganger. Then you certainly are at a loss.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 9:27:11 AM
At 9/8/2014 9:22:52 AM, neutral wrote:

Oh well.

Refuse to ... in a demonstration of how really, its possible to avoid abusive ranters.

You wouldn't notice, I know, but you came into my thread with abuse and insults.

Your grip on reality is tenuous at best.
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 9:29:07 AM
At 9/8/2014 9:27:11 AM, bulproof wrote:

Oh well.

You wouldn't notice, I know, but you came into my thread with abuse and insults.

Hi, I didn't realize I was your doppelganger. LOL
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 9:29:24 AM

Oh well.

YOUR thread? I responded to someone else entirely (who seems to thing that trolling is a good thing) and have avoided you until and unless you engage me - as always - once again demonstrating to the wider community that you seek out destructive posts and acerbic stupidity.

Why atheists tolerate it? Demand it?

Who knows - rational it is not. Now do as I do - And just stay the hell away from me.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 9:34:49 AM
At 9/8/2014 9:26:30 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:

Atheists maintain the position that there is not enough evidence to prove the existence of god.

Well, I guess we'll take that on faith then. Rational that is not.

Did I say that?

That is certainly the implication raised by the OP and the 'unthinking' Christian response.

I think you really are bully boy - he does the EXACT same thing.

Not sure how I was provoking an emotional response. But okay.

Let's start the fury?

Again, bully bot.

BTW if you think I am a doppelganger. Then you certainly are at a loss.

Then you must be twins. A proof that demonstrates anything that unthinking adherence to atheistic dogma? That I am not seeing.

I do find it amazing that so many atheists ascribe to themselves rational thought processes, and the louder they proclaim this, the waker their arguments are.

But by all means, please explain your master of Apologetics and how you have disproven the entire thing, for philosophical proofs to scientific proofs.

You signed up for the argument that its all unconvincing, and I would hope that you are not know going to give us the dogmatic, "Not convincing to me," atheist claim are you?

I mean the point is to have a logically supportable position that would be explainable and treated as rational by OTHERS.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 9:35:00 AM
At 9/8/2014 9:29:07 AM, iamanatheistandthisiswhy wrote:

Oh well.

Hi, I didn't realize I was your doppelganger. LOL

Yeah newt and others like him need to claim that anyone who disagrees with them is a false registration on the site of the poster they hate the most.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 9:40:12 AM
At 9/8/2014 9:29:24 AM, neutral wrote:

Oh well.

YOUR thread?
Yes dear little newt

I instigated it and you have failed as always to address the OP.

Instead you decided to inject your vitriolic, hateful insults as a demonstration of your masculinity. Pathetic really.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 9:44:29 AM
At 9/8/2014 9:34:49 AM, neutral wrote:

I mean the point is to have a logically supportable position that would be explainable and treated as rational by OTHERS.

Here is the logically supportable position, it's in the OP.

popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 9:56:54 AM
I'm going to say that bulproof has for once actually brought up a good poitn against certain Christians' theology. Basically they are saying the power of sin > God.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 10:05:22 AM
At 9/8/2014 9:40:12 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/8/2014 9:29:24 AM, neutral wrote:

Oh well.

YOUR thread?
Yes dear little newt

I instigated it and you have failed as always to address the OP.

Instead you decided to inject your vitriolic, hateful insults as a demonstration of your masculinity. Pathetic really.

I was unaware that you owned the forum troll?

Again, he can't even have an intelligent conversation in the subjects HE picks.

Yet we religious people need to have him following us around and abusively stalking us?

YEAH ATHEISM!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 10:05:31 AM
At 9/8/2014 9:56:54 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
I'm going to say that bulproof has for once actually brought up a good poitn against certain Christians' theology. Basically they are saying the power of sin > God.

Thanks pop, but I've brought up much more relevant posts that are ignored or feared than this. You just haven't looked.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 10:07:52 AM
At 9/8/2014 9:44:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/8/2014 9:34:49 AM, neutral wrote:

Here is the logically supportable position, it's in the OP.

Is that what grace means?

Have you referenced Christian thought? Or are we once again treated to your divine insight to our faith - whose trollish response is not to respect it, but to crap all over any interpretation save your own?

Again, that a troll invited discussion merely to crap on it is the larger point.

You COULD let others discuss it .. but you can't - its just an invitation to the face punching contest.

YEAH ATHEISM.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 10:11:18 AM
At 9/8/2014 10:05:22 AM, neutral wrote:
Now here is the INTELLIGENT conversation he wants me to join in.

Oh dear.

At 9/8/2014 8:11:34 AM, neutral wrote:

We call that a pre-hoc.

We call that a pre-hoc.

Might not. Worth asking.

neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 10:12:07 AM

How so?

If the point is that Jesus is more powerful than all Sin, that his grace redeems all mankind .. how then is Sin greater than God?

Its a statement plainly at odds with a major Christian principle - one that garnered support from Calvinism, but has since rescinded. The idea that out salvation depends on our own actions rather than the Grace of Jesus is misnomer commonly stated in Christian theology.

Our choices certainly matter, but none of us can save himself. We ALL sin ... there is only one way to overcome that sin - the sacrifice of Jesus, who takes on the consequences of sin from all of us.

Again, how then does this equate to sin being greater than God?

God Plan of Salvation - This world was created precisely that we be cut off from God, sin being the instrument that cut us off, that we may learn. Jesus is the remedy to absolve tat sin and allow us to return to heavenly father (this that choose it anyway) - its a plan.

Again, where is the interpretation here outside of Calvinism?
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 10:16:59 AM
At 9/8/2014 10:11:18 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/8/2014 10:05:22 AM, neutral wrote:
Now here is the INTELLIGENT conversation he wants me to join in.

No, I don't. I want you to stay the hell away from me victim. I cannot be any clearer than that.

I have no idea how you can think that I seek a conversation form you - in that I ONLY respond to your repeated attempts at stalking so that OTHERS might enjoy the constant disruption as much as I do.

If you UNDERSTAND that all you get is dismissed as troll, how stupid do you have to be to keep coming back and asking for more?

Again, atheists why do you think someone going out of their way to be a victim, flame baiting people left and right, needs to not only do that ... but then clam to be victim when he's dismissed and the foolish flame baiting dismissed for the abusive swill that it is? How many months doe she have to follow someone around viciously insulting them, before we are allowed to tell him to knock that crap off?

Of course, the very act of dismissing him with a prejudice strong enough to indicate that he's extremely unwelcome is heard as, "He wants MORE, and I am a victim!"

YEAH ATHEISM!
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 10:21:41 AM
At 9/8/2014 10:12:07 AM, neutral wrote:

How so?

If the point is that Jesus is more powerful than all Sin, that his grace redeems all mankind .. how then is Sin greater than God?

Its a statement plainly at odds with a major Christian principle - one that garnered support from Calvinism, but has since rescinded. The idea that out salvation depends on our own actions rather than the Grace of Jesus is misnomer commonly stated in Christian theology.

Our choices certainly matter, but none of us can save himself. We ALL sin ... there is only one way to overcome that sin - the sacrifice of Jesus, who takes on the consequences of sin from all of us.

Again, how then does this equate to sin being greater than God?

God Plan of Salvation - This world was created precisely that we be cut off from God, sin being the instrument that cut us off, that we may learn. Jesus is the remedy to absolve tat sin and allow us to return to heavenly father (this that choose it anyway) - its a plan.

Again, where is the interpretation here outside of Calvinism?

Even with Arminianism. The power of sin wins because even though the OFFER of grace is there, somehow all humans do not avail themselves of it. (Yes, I know the free will "defense" - *cough excuse *cough, - but God is the maximally best persuader with infinite resources ; it's hard to believe he couldn't persaude fintie humans to assent to accepting his offer. Yes, the free will defense in the case of soteriology is bad.)
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!