Jump to topic:

What is the "breath of life"?

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 9:31:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Genesis 6
17: For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life from under heaven; everything that is on the earth shall die.

Genesis 3
22: Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil; and now, lest he put forth his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever" --
23: therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from which he was taken.
24: He drove out the man; and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

Revelation 2
7: He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.'

Revelation 3
5: He who conquers shall be clad thus in white garments, and I will not blot his name out of the book of life; I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels.

Revelation 11
11: But after the three and a half days a breath of life from God entered them, and they stood up on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them.

Revelation 13
8: and all who dwell on earth will worship it, every one whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb that was slain.

Revelation 20
12: And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Also another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, by what they had done.
13: And the sea gave up the dead in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead in them, and all were judged by what they had done.
14: Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire;
15: and if any one's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21
27: But nothing unclean shall enter it, nor any one who practices abomination or falsehood, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Revelation 22
14: Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates.
18: I warn every one who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if any one adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book,
19: and if any one takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Hint: The "breath of life", "tree of life" and the "book of life" mean the same thing.

What do these phrases mean?
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 10:38:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Maybe some of you atheists will understand what the "breath of life" is but I know that Christians don't. They don't even know how God created us.