Total Posts:97|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why atheists can't find God.

Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 10:44:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

I don't take 2,500+ year old books of fables seriously and neither should anyone who is actually interested in truth. You might as well be reading from Harry Potter when trying to make your points from the Bible.

In fact anyone who does take this seriously is severely deluded, and can't tell reliable fact from likely fiction.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 10:50:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.


True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. - George Bernard Shaw
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 10:51:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 10:44:23 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

I don't take 2,500+ year old books of fables seriously and neither should anyone who is actually interested in truth. You might as well be reading from Harry Potter when trying to make your points from the Bible.

In fact anyone who does take this seriously is severely deluded, and can't tell reliable fact from likely fiction.

It's funny how you people always label others as simple minded fools, when they disagree with you. I have seen the evidence for evolution, and I find it lacking. Even if I didn't believe in God, I would still not believe in evolution. It's nothing but a fairy tale for grown ups.

Answer me this. What single piece of evidence can you provide that backs up the theory of evolution? Give me just one.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 10:55:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 10:51:47 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:44:23 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

I don't take 2,500+ year old books of fables seriously and neither should anyone who is actually interested in truth. You might as well be reading from Harry Potter when trying to make your points from the Bible.

In fact anyone who does take this seriously is severely deluded, and can't tell reliable fact from likely fiction.

It's funny how you people always label others as simple minded fools, when they disagree with you. I have seen the evidence for evolution, and I find it lacking. Even if I didn't believe in God, I would still not believe in evolution. It's nothing but a fairy tale for grown ups.

Answer me this. What single piece of evidence can you provide that backs up the theory of evolution? Give me just one.

This is just a tu torque fallacy, and changing the subject. You are apparently taking some Bronze Age writing to actually say something factual about atheists, which I argue is as absurd as using Harry Potter.

Please back up this laughable claim.
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 10:57:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 10:50:12 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.



True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. - George Bernard Shaw

Alcohol affects people in different ways. Some drunks are happy, while others are mean. And when they are not drinking they are usually miserable. That's why they drink, after all.
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 11:01:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 10:55:47 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:51:47 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:44:23 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

I don't take 2,500+ year old books of fables seriously and neither should anyone who is actually interested in truth. You might as well be reading from Harry Potter when trying to make your points from the Bible.

In fact anyone who does take this seriously is severely deluded, and can't tell reliable fact from likely fiction.

It's funny how you people always label others as simple minded fools, when they disagree with you. I have seen the evidence for evolution, and I find it lacking. Even if I didn't believe in God, I would still not believe in evolution. It's nothing but a fairy tale for grown ups.

Answer me this. What single piece of evidence can you provide that backs up the theory of evolution? Give me just one.

This is just a tu torque fallacy, and changing the subject. You are apparently taking some Bronze Age writing to actually say something factual about atheists, which I argue is as absurd as using Harry Potter.

Please back up this laughable claim.

My claim is backed up by the changed lives of those who know Christ. And You're dodging my question. What evidence can you provide that supports the theory of evolution? Give me one example. Or are you going to keep dodging the question? Could it be that there really is no evidence, and belief in evolution is based on nothing more than faith? Prove me wrong.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 11:01:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Oh wait, I forgot neither does zeus or yahweh or Quetzalcoatl or xenu.

Damn these god's are just full of it.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 11:08:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 11:01:14 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:55:47 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:51:47 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:44:23 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

I don't take 2,500+ year old books of fables seriously and neither should anyone who is actually interested in truth. You might as well be reading from Harry Potter when trying to make your points from the Bible.

In fact anyone who does take this seriously is severely deluded, and can't tell reliable fact from likely fiction.

It's funny how you people always label others as simple minded fools, when they disagree with you. I have seen the evidence for evolution, and I find it lacking. Even if I didn't believe in God, I would still not believe in evolution. It's nothing but a fairy tale for grown ups.

Answer me this. What single piece of evidence can you provide that backs up the theory of evolution? Give me just one.

This is just a tu torque fallacy, and changing the subject. You are apparently taking some Bronze Age writing to actually say something factual about atheists, which I argue is as absurd as using Harry Potter.

Please back up this laughable claim.

My claim is backed up by the changed lives of those who know Christ.

What kind of bad reasoning is that? First, let's assume Christ exists, is divine and has changed lives, how on earth does that validate what the Epistle of Hebrews says as truth? The jump in logic is a joke.

And You're dodging my question. What evidence can you provide that supports the theory of evolution? Give me one example. Or are you going to keep dodging the question? Could it be that there really is no evidence, and belief in evolution is based on nothing more than faith? Prove me wrong.

It's irrelevant to this topic, send me to a debate challenge if you want to talk about it. You seem to only be throwing this out there to distract from the criticisms of the OP, which is a red herring.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 11:12:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 10:57:05 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:50:12 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.



True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. - George Bernard Shaw

Alcohol affects people in different ways. Some drunks are happy, while others are mean. And when they are not drinking they are usually miserable. That's why they drink, after all.

Christinaity affects people in different ways. Some Christians are happy, while others are mean....

Christianity is the drug of choice for many people. Addicts are happiest when on their drug, no? Besides, did you ever show unbiased evidence to support believers are happier than non believers? Here is a study which says the opposite of your assertions.

http://journals.cambridge.org...
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 11:16:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.


That's stupid. This suggests to me that you actually haven't truly listened to and tried to comprehend some atheists' personal intellectual biographies.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 11:19:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 10:55:47 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:51:47 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:44:23 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

I don't take 2,500+ year old books of fables seriously and neither should anyone who is actually interested in truth. You might as well be reading from Harry Potter when trying to make your points from the Bible.

In fact anyone who does take this seriously is severely deluded, and can't tell reliable fact from likely fiction.

It's funny how you people always label others as simple minded fools, when they disagree with you. I have seen the evidence for evolution, and I find it lacking. Even if I didn't believe in God, I would still not believe in evolution. It's nothing but a fairy tale for grown ups.

Answer me this. What single piece of evidence can you provide that backs up the theory of evolution? Give me just one.

This is just a tu torque fallacy, and changing the subject. You are apparently taking some Bronze Age writing to actually say something factual about atheists, which I argue is as absurd as using Harry Potter.

Please back up this laughable claim.

What does the age of when a claim was made have to do with it's truth or falsity?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 11:23:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 11:08:20 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 11:01:14 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:55:47 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:51:47 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:44:23 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

I don't take 2,500+ year old books of fables seriously and neither should anyone who is actually interested in truth. You might as well be reading from Harry Potter when trying to make your points from the Bible.

In fact anyone who does take this seriously is severely deluded, and can't tell reliable fact from likely fiction.

It's funny how you people always label others as simple minded fools, when they disagree with you. I have seen the evidence for evolution, and I find it lacking. Even if I didn't believe in God, I would still not believe in evolution. It's nothing but a fairy tale for grown ups.

Answer me this. What single piece of evidence can you provide that backs up the theory of evolution? Give me just one.

This is just a tu torque fallacy, and changing the subject. You are apparently taking some Bronze Age writing to actually say something factual about atheists, which I argue is as absurd as using Harry Potter.

Please back up this laughable claim.

My claim is backed up by the changed lives of those who know Christ.

What kind of bad reasoning is that? First, let's assume Christ exists, is divine and has changed lives, how on earth does that validate what the Epistle of Hebrews says as truth? The jump in logic is a joke.

And You're dodging my question. What evidence can you provide that supports the theory of evolution? Give me one example. Or are you going to keep dodging the question? Could it be that there really is no evidence, and belief in evolution is based on nothing more than faith? Prove me wrong.

It's irrelevant to this topic, send me to a debate challenge if you want to talk about it. You seem to only be throwing this out there to distract from the criticisms of the OP, which is a red herring.

There is quite a bit of evidence that supports the Bible. There is no reason to believe that it is not accurate, in everything it says. To my knowledge, no one has ever successfully demonstrated otherwise. Many have made the claim, but they can always be refuted. Many people believe that the Bible is the inerrant word of God. People like you claim otherwise, but have failed to provide credible evidence. You resort to taking verses, out of context, and calling them contradictions. It's laughable, really. So I can honestly claim that Scripture is a valid source for my arguments. And according to Scripture, my argument is valid.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 11:24:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 11:19:23 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:55:47 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:51:47 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:44:23 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

I don't take 2,500+ year old books of fables seriously and neither should anyone who is actually interested in truth. You might as well be reading from Harry Potter when trying to make your points from the Bible.

In fact anyone who does take this seriously is severely deluded, and can't tell reliable fact from likely fiction.

It's funny how you people always label others as simple minded fools, when they disagree with you. I have seen the evidence for evolution, and I find it lacking. Even if I didn't believe in God, I would still not believe in evolution. It's nothing but a fairy tale for grown ups.

Answer me this. What single piece of evidence can you provide that backs up the theory of evolution? Give me just one.

This is just a tu torque fallacy, and changing the subject. You are apparently taking some Bronze Age writing to actually say something factual about atheists, which I argue is as absurd as using Harry Potter.

Please back up this laughable claim.

What does the age of when a claim was made have to do with it's truth or falsity?

Generally, claims made in a period of significant scientific, and philosophical ignorance are going to be much more likely to be false than ones made today in a period in less ignorance.

Moreover, claims made then cannot anywhere near as easily be verified for authenticity, and also for textual transmission accuracy. Computers, video and data storage didn't really exist then.

Does that answer your question?

It makes a lot more sense to make a factual claim about atheists (as the OP has done) with modern data and science, whether claims can be verified, critiqued and made much more accurately than was remotely possible at the times of Hebrews. In fact to avoid doing so seems rather absurd,
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 11:33:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 11:23:07 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/9/2014 11:08:20 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 11:01:14 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:55:47 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:51:47 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:44:23 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

I don't take 2,500+ year old books of fables seriously and neither should anyone who is actually interested in truth. You might as well be reading from Harry Potter when trying to make your points from the Bible.

In fact anyone who does take this seriously is severely deluded, and can't tell reliable fact from likely fiction.

It's funny how you people always label others as simple minded fools, when they disagree with you. I have seen the evidence for evolution, and I find it lacking. Even if I didn't believe in God, I would still not believe in evolution. It's nothing but a fairy tale for grown ups.

Answer me this. What single piece of evidence can you provide that backs up the theory of evolution? Give me just one.

This is just a tu torque fallacy, and changing the subject. You are apparently taking some Bronze Age writing to actually say something factual about atheists, which I argue is as absurd as using Harry Potter.

Please back up this laughable claim.

My claim is backed up by the changed lives of those who know Christ.

What kind of bad reasoning is that? First, let's assume Christ exists, is divine and has changed lives, how on earth does that validate what the Epistle of Hebrews says as truth? The jump in logic is a joke.

And You're dodging my question. What evidence can you provide that supports the theory of evolution? Give me one example. Or are you going to keep dodging the question? Could it be that there really is no evidence, and belief in evolution is based on nothing more than faith? Prove me wrong.

It's irrelevant to this topic, send me to a debate challenge if you want to talk about it. You seem to only be throwing this out there to distract from the criticisms of the OP, which is a red herring.

There is quite a bit of evidence that supports the Bible.

Lots of evidence =/= lots of *good* evidence.

There is no reason to believe that it is not accurate, in everything it says.

You're welcome to believe that.

To my knowledge, no one has ever successfully demonstrated otherwise.

Yet they have.

Many have made the claim, but they can always be refuted.

Even if I agree with this (I don't, obviously), you are taking a 60+ book collection as a whole inerrant based on some allegedly inerrant claims in these books. This is a classic fallacy of composition, where a false extrapolation of parts-to-whole is made.

Just because numerous claims within the bible are true (they aren't), it does not mean the bible is true, and most definitely doesn't mean every single claim within the bible is true. That is just absurd reasoning.

Many people believe that the Bible is the inerrant word of God.

So what?

People like you claim otherwise, but have failed to provide credible evidence.

So you believe.

You resort to taking verses, out of context, and calling them contradictions. It's laughable, really. So I can honestly claim that Scripture is a valid source for my arguments. And according to Scripture, my argument is valid.

Yet you are trying to convince us, who don't agree with your presuppositions, laughable presuppositions as I stated. I personally don't care for what the verses say, and look at the bigger picture of the times, the scientific ignorance, the types of myths that existed before and at the time, the mindset of the population, the religious and cult mentality.

From that it seems patently clear that the books of the bible is a mixture if all of what we would expect anyway from these times and people. And most certainly not 'Gospel Truth'.
RoderickSpode
Posts: 2,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 11:34:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 10:44:23 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

I don't take 2,500+ year old books of fables seriously and neither should anyone who is actually interested in truth. You might as well be reading from Harry Potter when trying to make your points from the Bible.

In fact anyone who does take this seriously is severely deluded, and can't tell reliable fact from likely fiction.
Many atheists spent time not just reading the Bible like a Harry Potter novel, but studying it. Many of them identified themselves at one time as not just cultural Christians, but believers. A number of them will also make similar claims now that they are atheists like the Bible being equivalent to Harry Potter and other fairy tales.

There are those it seems rarer individuals who are active skeptics of the Bible who never studied it, never proclaimed to be a Christian, etc. Are you one of those, or did you study the Bible? Did you ever profess to be a Christian?
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 11:37:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 11:34:35 AM, RoderickSpode wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:44:23 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

I don't take 2,500+ year old books of fables seriously and neither should anyone who is actually interested in truth. You might as well be reading from Harry Potter when trying to make your points from the Bible.

In fact anyone who does take this seriously is severely deluded, and can't tell reliable fact from likely fiction.
Many atheists spent time not just reading the Bible like a Harry Potter novel, but studying it. Many of them identified themselves at one time as not just cultural Christians, but believers. A number of them will also make similar claims now that they are atheists like the Bible being equivalent to Harry Potter and other fairy tales.

There are those it seems rarer individuals who are active skeptics of the Bible who never studied it, never proclaimed to be a Christian, etc. Are you one of those, or did you study the Bible? Did you ever profess to be a Christian?

Sure, I studied the bible, I also studied the history of the Middle East, the culture of the people and the social context that these were composed in. And more recently been reading about the composition and transmission of the NT during early Christianity.

All of this is besides the points I am making regarding making claims from such works.
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 11:44:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 11:12:45 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:57:05 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:50:12 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.



True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. - George Bernard Shaw

Alcohol affects people in different ways. Some drunks are happy, while others are mean. And when they are not drinking they are usually miserable. That's why they drink, after all.

Christinaity affects people in different ways. Some Christians are happy, while others are mean....

Christianity is the drug of choice for many people. Addicts are happiest when on their drug, no? Besides, did you ever show unbiased evidence to support believers are happier than non believers? Here is a study which says the opposite of your assertions.

http://journals.cambridge.org...

First of, I'd like to clear the air on something. True Christians are a minority. Many people claim to be Christians, but their actions give them away. The Bible confirms this.

"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it."

The Bible also teaches that there are many false Christians. I can make the claim that there are no mean Christians, and support it with Scripture. So your argument fails.

There are also many studies that show Christians are happier, and adapt to adversity better than atheists. Here are two that I found after a brief search.

http://www.sciencedaily.com...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk...
RoderickSpode
Posts: 2,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 11:48:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 11:37:56 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 11:34:35 AM, RoderickSpode wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:44:23 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

I don't take 2,500+ year old books of fables seriously and neither should anyone who is actually interested in truth. You might as well be reading from Harry Potter when trying to make your points from the Bible.

In fact anyone who does take this seriously is severely deluded, and can't tell reliable fact from likely fiction.
Many atheists spent time not just reading the Bible like a Harry Potter novel, but studying it. Many of them identified themselves at one time as not just cultural Christians, but believers. A number of them will also make similar claims now that they are atheists like the Bible being equivalent to Harry Potter and other fairy tales.

There are those it seems rarer individuals who are active skeptics of the Bible who never studied it, never proclaimed to be a Christian, etc. Are you one of those, or did you study the Bible? Did you ever profess to be a Christian?

Sure, I studied the bible, I also studied the history of the Middle East, the culture of the people and the social context that these were composed in. And more recently been reading about the composition and transmission of the NT during early Christianity.

All of this is besides the points I am making regarding making claims from such works.

Studying Middle Eastern history is not the same thing. You can study the history of Islam and the Quran. But that doesn't mean that you actually study the Quran itself. Reading about Bible history is not the same thing as studying the Bible itself.

Why were you studying a mythological book that you equate with a Harry Potter novel?
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 11:50:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 10:50:12 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.



True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. - George Bernard Shaw

George Bernard Shaw?? well check this one from George Bernard Shaw:
"If any religion had the chance of ruling over England, nay Europe within the next hundred years, it could be Islam."
"I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Savior of Humanity."

"I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today."

Sir George Bernard Shaw in 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936.

i always love Shaws qoutes :D
Never fart near dog
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 11:50:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 11:24:24 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 11:19:23 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:55:47 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:51:47 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:44:23 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

I don't take 2,500+ year old books of fables seriously and neither should anyone who is actually interested in truth. You might as well be reading from Harry Potter when trying to make your points from the Bible.

In fact anyone who does take this seriously is severely deluded, and can't tell reliable fact from likely fiction.

It's funny how you people always label others as simple minded fools, when they disagree with you. I have seen the evidence for evolution, and I find it lacking. Even if I didn't believe in God, I would still not believe in evolution. It's nothing but a fairy tale for grown ups.

Answer me this. What single piece of evidence can you provide that backs up the theory of evolution? Give me just one.

This is just a tu torque fallacy, and changing the subject. You are apparently taking some Bronze Age writing to actually say something factual about atheists, which I argue is as absurd as using Harry Potter.

Please back up this laughable claim.

What does the age of when a claim was made have to do with it's truth or falsity?

Generally, claims made in a period of significant scientific, and philosophical ignorance are going to be much more likely to be false than ones made today in a period in less ignorance.


Just seems like a bunch of chronological snobbery* to me. The ancients weren't stupid and neither were they philosophically unsophiscated (see: the Greeks who had a huge influence on the Jews of the times in which that passage was written.)

*http://en.wikipedia.org...

Scientific ignorance (in comparison to today), yeah but this doesn't seem to have to do with science - except maybe in a minimal way with sociology. Seems like a philosophical claim.

Moreover, claims made then cannot anywhere near as easily be verified for authenticity, and also for textual transmission accuracy. Computers, video and data storage didn't really exist then.

Does that answer your question?

It makes a lot more sense to make a factual claim about atheists (as the OP has done) with modern data and science, whether claims can be verified, critiqued and made much more accurately than was remotely possible at the times of Hebrews. In fact to avoid doing so seems rather absurd,
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 11:52:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

Quran 13:28
Who have believed and whose hearts have rest in the remembrance of God. Verily in the remembrance of God do hearts find rest!
Never fart near dog
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 11:54:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 11:16:55 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.


That's stupid. This suggests to me that you actually haven't truly listened to and tried to comprehend some atheists' personal intellectual biographies.

Atheists can say whatever they like to explain their unbelief. The simple fact remains that millions of people have seen the evidence for the existence of God, and believe it. Atheists have seen the same evidence, yet reject it. The Bible tells us why this is so. For the most part, it comes down to pride. Some people just can't admit that there is a higher authority that they must be accountable to. They wish to live their lives on their own terms. So they reject what is obvious to others.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 11:55:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 11:52:50 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

Quran 13:28
Who have believed and whose hearts have rest in the remembrance of God. Verily in the remembrance of God do hearts find rest!

I don't subscribe to the Muslim faith, but that is something we can both agree on.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 11:58:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 11:44:07 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/9/2014 11:12:45 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:57:05 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:50:12 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.



True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. - George Bernard Shaw

Alcohol affects people in different ways. Some drunks are happy, while others are mean. And when they are not drinking they are usually miserable. That's why they drink, after all.

Christinaity affects people in different ways. Some Christians are happy, while others are mean....

Christianity is the drug of choice for many people. Addicts are happiest when on their drug, no? Besides, did you ever show unbiased evidence to support believers are happier than non believers? Here is a study which says the opposite of your assertions.

http://journals.cambridge.org...

First of, I'd like to clear the air on something. True Christians are a minority. Many people claim to be Christians, but their actions give them away. The Bible confirms this.

"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it."

The Bible also teaches that there are many false Christians. I can make the claim that there are no mean Christians, and support it with Scripture. So your argument fails.

Your refutation to "mean" Christians is a "no true scotsman fallacy". You rebuttal fails.

There are also many studies that show Christians are happier, and adapt to adversity better than atheists. Here are two that I found after a brief search.

http://www.sciencedaily.com...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk...

Do these studies depend on REAL Christians? Can you say, "special pleading"?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Jellon
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 12:00:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

Even as a believer, I don't espouse such nonsense. The Bible doesn't say that a believer is happier than an unbeliever, nor does it say that an unbeliever is capable of love. That's another lie propagated by conservative Christians. If it does say so, than prove me wrong.

A lot of Christians are taught that they are practically scum because of their sin. I've known several Christians who have self-esteem issues, because they want to live up to a higher standard than they currently do.

A double-edged sword cuts both ways. I always want to seek the truth. In my life, that has required me to give up many of the doctrines I was taught growing up. This post is an example of one such doctrine.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 12:09:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 11:54:00 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/9/2014 11:16:55 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.


That's stupid. This suggests to me that you actually haven't truly listened to and tried to comprehend some atheists' personal intellectual biographies.

Atheists can say whatever they like to explain their unbelief. The simple fact remains that millions of people have seen the evidence for the existence of God, and believe it. Atheists have seen the same evidence, yet reject it. The Bible tells us why this is so. For the most part, it comes down to pride. Some people just can't admit that there is a higher authority that they must be accountable to. They wish to live their lives on their own terms. So they reject what is obvious to others.


Again. Silly. If you take umbrage when some atheists start explaining your belief soley in terms of you being stupid, weak minded, scared of death, needing a security blanket, steeped in scientific ignorance, indoctrination, etc then you shouldn't accept such a crass explanation of all atheistic belief. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Treat others how you want to be treated and all that. Stop pretending you can read minds; if you can't accept that at least some of the times atheists are being honest when they say they have genuninely looked but have not found, then don't ever take umbrage when some atheists start playing armchair psychologist with you.

(Fun fact: most philosophers - Christian or otherwise - accept that the evidence is ambiguous.)

It's sad that I have to explain this.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
RoderickSpode
Posts: 2,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 12:10:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 12:00:49 PM, Jellon wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.

Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

Even as a believer, I don't espouse such nonsense. The Bible doesn't say that a believer is happier than an unbeliever, nor does it say that an unbeliever is capable of love. That's another lie propagated by conservative Christians. If it does say so, than prove me wrong.

A lot of Christians are taught that they are practically scum because of their sin. I've known several Christians who have self-esteem issues, because they want to live up to a higher standard than they currently do.

A double-edged sword cuts both ways. I always want to seek the truth. In my life, that has required me to give up many of the doctrines I was taught growing up. This post is an example of one such doctrine.
I'm not sure I understand this statement.

"nor does it say that an unbeliever is capable of love."

Was this worded correctly?
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 12:29:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/9/2014 12:09:45 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 9/9/2014 11:54:00 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/9/2014 11:16:55 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 9/9/2014 10:38:57 AM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
The Bible tells us why.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

This verse tells us that Atheists can't find God because they have never honestly LOOKED for Him.


That's stupid. This suggests to me that you actually haven't truly listened to and tried to comprehend some atheists' personal intellectual biographies.

Atheists can say whatever they like to explain their unbelief. The simple fact remains that millions of people have seen the evidence for the existence of God, and believe it. Atheists have seen the same evidence, yet reject it. The Bible tells us why this is so. For the most part, it comes down to pride. Some people just can't admit that there is a higher authority that they must be accountable to. They wish to live their lives on their own terms. So they reject what is obvious to others.


Again. Silly. If you take umbrage when some atheists start explaining your belief soley in terms of you being stupid, weak minded, scared of death, needing a security blanket, steeped in scientific ignorance, indoctrination, etc then you shouldn't accept such a crass explanation of all atheistic belief. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Treat others how you want to be treated and all that. Stop pretending you can read minds; if you can't accept that at least some of the times atheists are being honest when they say they have genuninely looked but have not found, then don't ever take umbrage when some atheists start playing armchair psychologist with you.

(Fun fact: most philosophers - Christian or otherwise - accept that the evidence is ambiguous.)

It's sad that I have to explain this.


Anyone who has received the gift of salvation knows that God does reward those who diligently seek Him.

Here's a question for atheists. Try to be honest. Are you happy? In a recent poll, most atheists said no, while the majority of Christians said yes. Now, you have to ask yourself what Christians have that atheists don't. The answer is simple, and you can find it in Gods Word.

True happiness is impossible, apart from God. Just ask any Christian. After all, every Christian was once an atheists, or agnostic. Something was missing from their lives. They found that something. That something is God.

My assertion is based on Scripture.

"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse."

The Bible clearly states that God will reveal Himself to those who diligently seek Him. If someone does not believe, it is because they have not made a serious effort.