Jump to topic:

Questions about Christianity?

Arasa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 6:59:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello everyone, It's Rasa here once again. I am certain that those who have been around these forums for a while are getting tired of seeing me make new feeds for this purpose, but I feel that there are still many people with honest questions about beliefs held by most, if not all, Christians.

To those with questions, I do not speak for all of Christianity. There are many here who will respond to your questions in addition to myself (I.e. Bornofgod, annanicole, celestialtorahteacher, lifemeansgodisgood, and numerous others). They disagree with me on many issues, but most count themselves as Christians. I certainly hope that they will behave themselves...

As for your questions and responses (this goes for questioners and responders), there are rules:
1. No profanity. We are more mature than that.
2. Try to not use personal attacks (Ad Hominem).
3. If you disagree with me or the others, do not hesitate to let us know, as we do enjoy the conversation.

I am looking forward to your questions!

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2014 7:15:57 PM
At 9/9/2014 6:59:37 PM, Arasa wrote:
Hello everyone, It's Rasa here once again. I am certain that those who have been around these forums for a while are getting tired of seeing me make new feeds for this purpose, but I feel that there are still many people with honest questions about beliefs held by most, if not all, Christians.

To those with questions, I do not speak for all of Christianity. There are many here who will respond to your questions in addition to myself (I.e. Bornofgod, annanicole, celestialtorahteacher, lifemeansgodisgood, and numerous others). They disagree with me on many issues, but most count themselves as Christians. I certainly hope that they will behave themselves...

As for your questions and responses (this goes for questioners and responders), there are rules:
3. If you disagree with me or the others, do not hesitate to let us know, as we do enjoy the conversation.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of Christian are you as in what denomination?
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 3:37:41 PM
Rasa isn't a Christian. He's a Paulist, believes what Paul wrote, not what Jesus taught. He's puffed up egotist who wants to play Bible Authority even though he doesn't know jack about what he's talking about, having swallowed Gentile Churchmen's "Christianity" instead of realizing Christianity is from us Jews, not Gentiles, so you don't go to Gentiles for information about Jewish Christianity.

Am I "behaving" myself, Rasa? Your code for playing Teacher without any real credentials. It would be best if you just stopped promoting Paul's bad religious ideas please. We don't need to continue wrong Christian doctrines into our new Age where they don't belong. Go learn real roots of Christianity.
Arasa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 5:01:36 PM
At 9/9/2014 7:15:57 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
At 9/9/2014 6:59:37 PM, Arasa wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what kind of Christian are you as in what denomination?

I am a non-denominational Christian. That is, I do not subscribe wholly to everything that any one denomination teaches/practices. There are some instances where I might agree with much of the teaching, but not the practice, or vice versa.
Arasa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 5:03:45 PM
At 9/10/2014 3:37:41 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
Rasa isn't a Christian. He's a Paulist, believes what Paul wrote, not what Jesus taught. He's puffed up egotist who wants to play Bible Authority even though he doesn't know jack about what he's talking about, having swallowed Gentile Churchmen's "Christianity" instead of realizing Christianity is from us Jews, not Gentiles, so you don't go to Gentiles for information about Jewish Christianity.

Am I "behaving" myself, Rasa? Your code for playing Teacher without any real credentials. It would be best if you just stopped promoting Paul's bad religious ideas please. We don't need to continue wrong Christian doctrines into our new Age where they don't belong. Go learn real roots of Christianity.

*sigh* CelestialTorahTeacher, I made it a point to mention you as someone who is knowledgeable in their own religious field. That was a sign of respect, so please do not make me look foolish for putting your name there by continuing this assault on me personally.

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 7:26:13 PM
I don't think I've ever seen any of your posts like this, so I'm not tired of them yet. Anywho, here are my questions:

1. If God wants everybody to believe in him, and if he's capable of making it obvious to everybody, then why doesn't he?

2. Why do so many of our prayers, and even the prayers of people who at least appear to be faithful and devout Christians, go unanswered? And by "answered," I don't mean God answers, "No." I mean answered in the sense of God granting the request, which is seems we should expect given Jesus' statement about prayer, e.g. ask and you shall receive.

3. What is the gospel? Paul says in 1 Corinthians that the gospel is that Christ died for sins, was buried, was raised from the dead on the third day and appeared to Peter, etc. But then in Galatians when he defends the gospel again "false gospels," he appears to be talking about the role of faith and works in salvation. So which is it?

4. Do we become Jesus' sheep by believing in him, or do we have to be his sheep already before we can believe? Is your answer consistent with John 10:26?

5. When exactly did the new covenant start?

6. Are Christians obligated to obey the Mosaic law?

7. Are Jews obligated to obey the Mosaic law?

8. Are heathens obligated to obey the Mosaic law?

9. Where will the saved spend eternity?

10. What happens between death and resurrection, both to those who are saved and to those who are not saved?

11. Is Mormonism a denomination within Christianity?

12. If we are supposed to have perfect health after the resurrection, is that because there will be no brownies or Dr. Pepper or because we can have all the brownies and Dr. Pepper we want without it harming us?

13. What are spiders going to eat in the new world?

14. Does God have a physical body?

15. Does God exist in time?

16. Why did God create us?

17. Did God know all the horrible things that were going to happen if he created the world? If so, does he have a purpose for them, or does he just think it was worth putting up with for the good things that would happen?

18. Did Jesus die for every sin that every person will commit? If so, then why are people still going to be punished for their sins? Isn't that kind of like double jeopardy?

19. Does God have the right to take the life of the innocent? If so, then why? If not, then who is forbidding him?

20. If God had let Abraham go through with the sacrifice of Isaac, would that have been wrong of God?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 7:27:16 PM

Wait a minute. Wasn't Paul a Jew?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 7:40:26 PM
At 9/10/2014 5:03:45 PM, Arasa wrote:

*sigh* CelestialTorahTeacher, I made it a point to mention you as someone who is knowledgeable in their own religious field. That was a sign of respect, so please do not make me look foolish for putting your name there by continuing this assault on me personally.

Rasa, I warned you at the beginning of your phony "Christian Authority" ego trip here on Debate I won't tolerate Pauline doctrinaires continuing to ruin true JEWISH Christianity with Gentile theology having nothing to do with Jewish spiritual roots and aims. I don't want you polluting Christianity with false teachings of Paul and Bible association with true Christianity which is quite above and beyond Bible based Abrahamic religious lies that constitute the Bible stories. You don't know what the stories mean spiritually and teach Paul's ideas which is the same thing as teaching early Gentile Churchmen's ideas, or didn't you ever notice the phony "churches" these supposed earliest Jews were attending instead of Jewish synagogues.

If you came on to the board as a humble proponent of Paul's theology and only claimed to represent Paulist ideas, then you can give your individual beliefs. But not as any "Christian" authority can you make such claims. You are not a Christian authority and frankly never will be, as Christ and Christianity is the province of us Jews. We carry the assignment to protect the Celestial Torah for all humanity even though priests of Judah tried their very best to keep the Torah only for us Jews--which was quite against God's Plan.

Anyway, you don't know real Christianity and can only continue to bring confusion to existing Christians seeking the spiritual truth that Paulists like you have buried for centuries under Paul's ideology. "Paul" was not a Jew because there was no "Paul" to begin with, only another New Testament literary creation of Church Fathers unfamiliar with real Jewish religion and unfamiliar with the geography of Palestine as well.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 8:37:31 PM
At 9/10/2014 7:40:26 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
At 9/10/2014 5:03:45 PM, Arasa wrote:

Rasa, I warned you at the beginning of your phony "Christian Authority" ego trip here on Debate I won't tolerate Pauline doctrinaires continuing to ruin true JEWISH Christianity with Gentile theology having nothing to do with Jewish spiritual roots and aims. I don't want you polluting Christianity with false teachings of Paul and Bible association with true Christianity which is quite above and beyond Bible based Abrahamic religious lies that constitute the Bible stories. You don't know what the stories mean spiritually and teach Paul's ideas which is the same thing as teaching early Gentile Churchmen's ideas, or didn't you ever notice the phony "churches" these supposed earliest Jews were attending instead of Jewish synagogues.

If you came on to the board as a humble proponent of Paul's theology and only claimed to represent Paulist ideas, then you can give your individual beliefs. But not as any "Christian" authority can you make such claims. You are not a Christian authority and frankly never will be, as Christ and Christianity is the province of us Jews.

"And Paul and Barnabas spake out boldly, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first be spoken to you. Seeing ye thrust it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles." (Acts 13: 46)

The Jews rejected Christ, as they always have all of the prophets. In fact, Jesus asked them to name one prophet that they hadn't persecuted. After rejecting Christ, they then by and large rejected the teachings of His apostles.

And Paul was a Jew. It's you versus the venerable apostle Paul. I have a sneakin' suspicion that Paul is gonna come out on top.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 9:05:31 PM
The "Pauls" lost from the beginning as they were created to push the Gentile takeover of Jewish Messianic theology. If you or anyone on earth can ever prove "Paul" existed as such according to NT stories then you've outdone historians and bible scholars attempting to shore up Pauline Christian doctrines but having nothing to work with but church propaganda.

Just as the Bible itself has been thoroughly debunked as record of Jewish history by archeological science so too will the whole NT Pauline Christian movement become exposed to historical scrutiny as a Gentile Church Father enterprise catering to Roman Empire tastes and authority. Pauline Christianity was the Roman Empire's pacification method to get Jews and pagans to kow tow to Roman rule.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2014 9:14:47 PM
At 9/10/2014 9:05:31 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
The "Pauls" lost from the beginning as they were created to push the Gentile takeover of Jewish Messianic theology. If you or anyone on earth can ever prove "Paul" existed as such according to NT stories then you've outdone historians and bible scholars attempting to shore up Pauline Christian doctrines but having nothing to work with but church propaganda.

I can do just as well "proving" that Paul existed as you can with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. In fact, I can do better.

Just as the Bible itself has been thoroughly debunked as record of Jewish history by archeological science so too will the whole NT Pauline Christian movement become exposed to historical scrutiny as a Gentile Church Father enterprise catering to Roman Empire tastes and authority.

Pauline Christianity was the Roman Empire's pacification method to get Jews and pagans to kow tow to Roman rule.

Prove it. Prove that the Roman Empire had a thing in the world to do with "Pauline Christianity."
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 6:37:56 AM
When you try to rise to the defense of Pauline Christianity, you expose your lunatic schizoid side, anna, that tries to use science and reasoning in one place and pure blind faith belief in words of men totally under the control of the Roman Empire and the Roman Catholic Vatican.

And as for Abraham, Sarah, and Hagar, they too are pure fabrications of priesthoods, the priests of Judah in that case borrowing from the Brahmin merchant's religion the characters of Brahma, and river goddesses Sarasvati, and Ghaggar who become proper "Hebrews" in Judah's makeover, "Abraham, Sarah, and Hagar".

Anna, because you are not a spiritual person but an egotist playing war games with others everyday, you don't understand that your war game material is not necessarily of God but of the works of men. Without spiritual discernment you can't tell the difference and actually you don't care because it's winning debates that is most important to you, not spiritual truth. The Bible is toast and so is Pauline Christianity that attached Christianity back to Bible story authority which is bogus, making Pauline Christianity bogus too. Just like Muhammad's religion also is bogus for its attachment to Jewish Bible fables sold to believers as "real history". No one can trust the authors of the Abrahamic religious texts for not zeal in manipulation of ancient spiritual visions edited and remade to serve political ends.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 2:58:42 PM
The Bible is the works of men creating fables. The stories in the Bible are fictions mixing pagan gods and ancient human beings together in reworked astrologically based mythologies created around the yearly changes in celestial configurations which were matched to earthly events. Priests of Judah erased the astrological connections in order to become sole authorities of Jewish religion concepts, but they were always based on earlier pagan astro-theology so it was doomed to become eventually exposed and is now by Celestial Torah Christianity information.

Here is the real truth about the authors of the Bible:
Arasa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 6:14:45 PM
At 9/10/2014 7:26:13 PM, philochristos wrote:
For 1-15...
If God wants everybody to believe in him, and if he's capable of making it obvious to everybody, then why doesn't he?
If it were plainly obvious that He existed, then what would that do to our free will? If He placed it inside of every single mind beyond argumentation that He exists, then what would that do to our free will? In order to maintain the free will that God laid down as a universal rule, He has to leave room for us to disagree.
Why do so many of our prayers, and even the prayers of people who at least appear to be faithful and devout Christians, go unanswered? And by "answered," I don't mean God answers, "No." I mean answered in the sense of God granting the request, which is seems we should expect given Jesus' statement about prayer, e.g. ask and you shall receive.
This is a tricky answer to give, as I have tried numerous times to do so, and it comes out with me banging my head on something white and wall-like"
If you were to pray for something, God would not change His plan. That is, if it is in God"s plan that you do not win the lottery, then no prayer will change that. However, the plan was written with the future in mind, so your prayer was already known before you even existed. There are prayers that are answered, and those are the ones that are in following with the plan that has already been laid out, but the plan that was laid out took into account your prayer. Confusing? Indubitably.
So, why doesn"t God simply grant all prayers? Because God is not a vending machine where one can simply insert a prayer and receive the goodies that they desired. What would that do for our behavior? Would we value hard work the same way, or would we even work at all? One of the key teachings in the New Testament states that "Those who do not work shall not eat." So, so the fulfillment of prayers can also backfire in other areas.
What is the gospel? Paul says in 1 Corinthians that the gospel is that Christ died for sins, was buried, was raised from the dead on the third day and appeared to Peter, etc. But then in Galatians when he defends the gospel again "false gospels," he appears to be talking about the role of faith and works in salvation. So which is it?
When Paul speaks to the Galatians in the book of, well, Galatians, what he is speaking about is the dishonest people in their city that attempted to write their own scriptures independent of Christ"s teachings, and then pass it off as equally Christian to the Galatians. The Galatians, to Paul"s disdain, took many of these in as scripture, which is when Paul states that the false gospels are not parallel to the gospel of Christ.
So, what is the gospel? I would say that it is a combination of things: The life of Jesus, the teachings of Jesus, and the final promise of redemption. This is why the first four books are the gospel, and not books that involved things even immediately after, such as the book of Acts. Had the first section of Acts been written independently of the rest of it, then that section of Acts would also be part of the gospel.
Do we become Jesus' sheep by believing in him, or do we have to be his sheep already before we can believe? Is your answer consistent with John 10:26?
Well, let us look at Matthew 25, where Jesus says that at the time of judgment, the sheep will be on his right, and the goats on his left. Now, the left is not where you want to be when it comes to God, so from this, we can say that the sheep are the believers. Do you become a sheep at some point in your life, or were you always a sheep? Well, that is a question of when one gains salvation, which has been debated to exhaustion inside Christian circles. In the end, we do not really know for sure, but such a belief either way does not actually effect one"s salvation, and so is dubbed a matter of "secondary importance."
When exactly did the new covenant start?
I would hesitate to say the crucifixion, although there are some who say that it took place at the last supper or Christ"s resurrection. The important thing to note is in Luke 22:20 where Jesus said "The cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood."
Are Christians/Jews/heathens obligated to obey the Mosaic Law?
That is certainly an interesting question, as the Jewish leaders during the life of Jesus had the same one. Their question is "What is the greatest commandment?" and Jesus" response was"
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."
Where will the saved spend eternity?
I would say Heaven, but I think that you are asking for a bit more detail" Heaven is, because of its eternal nature, outside of time, and therefore outside of this universe. Nice as it would be to see a planet in the eye of my telescope that has a large sign saying "Heaven" in neon lights"
What happens between death and resurrection, both to those who are saved and to those who are not saved?
To everyone, purification by fire (which is where Catholicism gets its idea of purgatory), and then to judgment. From judgment, heaven or hell.
Is Mormonism a denomination within Christianity?
Hmm" To the majority of Christianity, it would appear that the Mormon Church has fallen into the same trap as the Galatians- that is, accepting words as gospel that are not. And so, as the Galatians had earned the disdain of Paul, so the Mormon Church has earned the disdain from Christianity. I would say that no, Mormonism is not a part of Christianity, though they worship the same figure. This is in the same way that Muslims theoretically worship the same figure (God of Abraham), yet are two entirely separate religions.
If we are supposed to have perfect health after the resurrection, is that because there will be no brownies or Dr. Pepper or because we can have all the brownies and Dr. Pepper we want without it harming us?// What are spiders going to eat in the new world?
As a past resident of the state of Texas, there had better be Dr. Pepper and sweet tea". No, in all seriousness, we have to understand the nature of Heaven for that. The fact that we shall want for nothing seems to indicate that we will not need food for sustainment, nor water or any of the other amenities. Why? Because without food, one would die. If there is no death in heaven (eternal life), then there cannot be a way to die- in this case, from lack of food.
Does God have a physical body?
This gets into the super fun topic that kept everybody awake in the back of Sunday school, which is the trinity. God the father does not exist in space, whereas the other two areas of the godhead do. Why is this? Because if we limited God"s existence to a single body, then what would happen to the universe around us? If God is omnipresent, then to say that God is limited to a single body, would be to say that "all that exists is His body, so that omnipresence remains."
Now, the Son has a body, but the Holy Spirit does not. The Holy Spirit exists in space, but has no body. The Son is the only of the three that has a body. Although, for an interesting read, I would read about the one called "Melchizedek" in the Bible. It is sure to add another question to your list.
Does God exist in time?
This is another Trinitarian issue, as God the Father exists outside of time, the Holy Spirit exists in a world of time, but does not interact with it, and the Son sort of does. This would be another instance where Melchizedek gets brought up, to which my answer would be that the body that the Son inhabited (Jesus Christ) did interact with time, but the Son did not. Complicated? Undoubtedly

Arasa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 6:16:38 PM
For 16-20...
Why did God create us?
Rather than create a multitude of perfect souls and just cart them off to heaven, God opted to allow mankind to come to Him willingly. After all, if our souls had no choice in the matter, then would our love for Him really be true? This is why free will was introduced: To allow us to choose Him
Did God know all the horrible things that were going to happen if he created the world? If so, does he have a purpose for them, or does he just think it was worth putting up with for the good things that would happen?
God knew all that would happen, but also knew that this was an unavoidable consequence of purely free will. If God moved to create free will in which nothing bad happened because no one chose evil, then that would not be free will at all. We have to be created like a scale- balanced until weights are put on either end.
Did Jesus die for every sin that every person will commit? If so, then why are people still going to be punished for their sins? Isn't that kind of like double jeopardy?
Think of judgment as a court system. God is the judge and the jury, you are the defendant, and Satan (The Devil) is the prosecutor. Now, the prosecutor is trying his hardest to win the case against you and condemn you to hell. Just like the American court systems, if you do not have a lawyer, then one will be appointed for you if you want it. In this case, the defense attorney is Jesus. You have the option to accept Jesus as your defense attorney, or to try and represent yourself. And, just like in the American court system, one does not win against an experienced prosecutor without a defense attorney.
So, Jesus will only defend you if you choose him as your attorney. Make sense? Some people have trouble following the court analogy"
Does God have the right to take the life of the innocent? If so, then why? If not, then who is forbidding him?
Is there a single innocent life among men? Well, if you believe in morals that transcend humanity, then you would have to say that no, there isn"t. There was one innocent life, and he voluntarily gave it up. So, does God have the right to take the life of an innocent? Yes. Does he have the right to destroy the soul of an innocent? Yes, but he does not do it. It is not in His nature to destroy the soul (or, condemn to hell) of those who do not deserve it.
If God had let Abraham go through with the sacrifice of Isaac, would that have been wrong of God?
No. God had made a promise to Abram (soon to be Abraham) that his descendants would be as numerous as the stars (but not literally, I don"t think") and so, had Abram killed Isaac, then God would have provided another son for Abram. Had God never provided another son, then Ishmael would have been the heir, and we would all be Muslims today. Had Ishmael died before having a son, and Abram not had another son, then God would have broken His promise, and then would be in the wrong by His own nature. Except, God cannot break His promises by His own nature of goodness. As for the impending "Who is forbidding Him?", I would say that God Himself is forbidding Himself from breaking that promise.

I have certainly enjoyed our game of 20 Questions. If you would like to discuss any of the answers that I have given, just reply and erase all except the part that you would like to discuss.

All very good questions!

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 6:20:38 PM
Arasa, I appreciate you taking the time to answer these questions. I haven't read all of your answers yet, but I was wondering if you'd be okay if I have some follow up questions. After just reading your answer to my first question, I already have some follow up questions I'd like to ask, and I suspect I'll have more as I read on.

Arasa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 9:37:20 AM
At 9/11/2014 6:20:38 PM, philochristos wrote:
Arasa, I appreciate you taking the time to answer these questions. I haven't read all of your answers yet, but I was wondering if you'd be okay if I have some follow up questions. After just reading your answer to my first question, I already have some follow up questions I'd like to ask, and I suspect I'll have more as I read on.

But of course! I welcome any and all questions
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 10:22:24 AM
At 9/11/2014 6:14:45 PM, Arasa wrote:
For 1-15...
If God wants everybody to believe in him, and if he's capable of making it obvious to everybody, then why doesn't he?
If it were plainly obvious that He existed, then what would that do to our free will? If He placed it inside of every single mind beyond argumentation that He exists, then what would that do to our free will? In order to maintain the free will that God laid down as a universal rule, He has to leave room for us to disagree.

Do you think that our beliefs are under the control of the will? In other words, do we choose our beliefs? I ask because your answer seems to assume that if God were to make his presence known, then people will no longer be free to choose not to believe in him.

But if having proof destroys free will, then most of our beliefs at not the result of free will decisions. After all, we have evidence for the moon, the president, and pizza.

But why do we need free will to choose to believe or not believe when it comes to God? Why can't God be just like the president, pizza, or the moon? What value is there in being able to choose not to believe in God?

Where will the saved spend eternity?
I would say Heaven, but I think that you are asking for a bit more detail" Heaven is, because of its eternal nature, outside of time, and therefore outside of this universe. Nice as it would be to see a planet in the eye of my telescope that has a large sign saying "Heaven" in neon lights"

If the saved spend eternity in heaven, and heaven is outside the universe, then where does that leave resurrection? Do you not believe in a physical resurrection?

Is Mormonism a denomination within Christianity?
Hmm" To the majority of Christianity, it would appear that the Mormon Church has fallen into the same trap as the Galatians- that is, accepting words as gospel that are not. And so, as the Galatians had earned the disdain of Paul, so the Mormon Church has earned the disdain from Christianity. I would say that no, Mormonism is not a part of Christianity, though they worship the same figure. This is in the same way that Muslims theoretically worship the same figure (God of Abraham), yet are two entirely separate religions.

What is a Christian, then? Just somebody who believes what is written in the four gospels, but nothing else? If the Mormons believed everything written in the four gospels, but in addition to that believed some extra stuff that isn't in those four gospels, would that disqualify them as being Christians? If so, why?

If we are supposed to have perfect health after the resurrection, is that because there will be no brownies or Dr. Pepper or because we can have all the brownies and Dr. Pepper we want without it harming us?// What are spiders going to eat in the new world?
As a past resident of the state of Texas, there had better be Dr. Pepper and sweet tea". No, in all seriousness, we have to understand the nature of Heaven for that. The fact that we shall want for nothing seems to indicate that we will not need food for sustainment, nor water or any of the other amenities. Why? Because without food, one would die. If there is no death in heaven (eternal life), then there cannot be a way to die- in this case, from lack of food.

You're telling me that we'll have no need for food, but I'm asking whether we'll be able to have brownies and Dr. Pepper anyway. I guess if we live outside of time, as you said in a previous question, the answer is no. We can't eat if we're in an eternal state of stasis.

Does God have a physical body?
Now, the Son has a body, but the Holy Spirit does not. The Holy Spirit exists in space, but has no body. The Son is the only of the three that has a body. Although, for an interesting read, I would read about the one called "Melchizedek" in the Bible. It is sure to add another question to your list.

If the son has a physical body, where is it physically located? Does the son exist in outter space somewhere? Or do you believe it's possible to have a physical body but not exist in the physical space/time continuum of the universe?

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 10:30:13 AM
At 9/11/2014 6:16:38 PM, Arasa wrote:
For 16-20...
Why did God create us?
Rather than create a multitude of perfect souls and just cart them off to heaven, God opted to allow mankind to come to Him willingly. After all, if our souls had no choice in the matter, then would our love for Him really be true? This is why free will was introduced: To allow us to choose Him

This doesn't really answer my question of why God created us in the first place. You're just telling me why you think God gave us free will.

Why do you think love has to be a matter of a free will decision before it can be true? Do you have kids? Did you choose to love them? Could you have just as easily chosen not to love them?

Did Jesus die for every sin that every person will commit? If so, then why are people still going to be punished for their sins? Isn't that kind of like double jeopardy?
Think of judgment as a court system. God is the judge and the jury, you are the defendant, and Satan (The Devil) is the prosecutor. Now, the prosecutor is trying his hardest to win the case against you and condemn you to hell. Just like the American court systems, if you do not have a lawyer, then one will be appointed for you if you want it. In this case, the defense attorney is Jesus. You have the option to accept Jesus as your defense attorney, or to try and represent yourself. And, just like in the American court system, one does not win against an experienced prosecutor without a defense attorney.
So, Jesus will only defend you if you choose him as your attorney. Make sense? Some people have trouble following the court analogy"

Are you equating "Jesus died for sins" with "Jesus defends you"? If so, then do you mean to say Jesus only died for the sins of those who will believe in him? After all, if the two statements mean the same thing, and if Jesus died for all sins of all people, wouldn't it follow that Jesus defends all people whether they believe in him or not?

Does God have the right to take the life of the innocent? If so, then why? If not, then who is forbidding him?
Is there a single innocent life among men?

What about infants? Are they not innocent?
Yes, but he does not do it. It is not in His nature to destroy the soul (or, condemn to hell) of those who do not deserve it.

Do you believe that people who never choose to believe in a God who never showed them that he existed deserve to go to hell?

Thanks.