Jump to topic:

1000000 for Prayer in School

Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2010 8:51:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
This is a Facebook group that I am fairly active in, here's the link I'm Austin McLean:
http://www.facebook.com...

I'm not in this because I support the cause. Most of the people that post on the wall legitimately think that students are not allowed to pray in schools. I am there to inform them that they and their children are in fact allowed to pray in schools, and to combat the few active members that support mandatory Christian teachings in the public education system. The problem is that most of the time these people don't believe me. I want to ask the members of this group what I can do to inform these people.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2010 8:53:37 PM
At 3/21/2010 8:51:51 PM, Korashk wrote:
This is a Facebook group that I am fairly active in, here's the link I'm Austin McLean:
http://www.facebook.com...

I'm not in this because I support the cause. Most of the people that post on the wall legitimately think that students are not allowed to pray in schools. I am there to inform them that they and their children are in fact allowed to pray in schools, and to combat the few active members that support mandatory Christian teachings in the public education system. The problem is that most of the time these people don't believe me. I want to ask the members of this *website* what I can do to inform these people.

EDIT
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2010 8:59:28 PM
As long as there's allowance for prayers of all faiths in school then I don't mind. What I don't support is putting class prayer of one particular faith into a school day's schedule.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2010 9:07:12 PM
At 3/21/2010 8:59:28 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
As long as there's allowance for prayers of all faiths in school then I don't mind. What I don't support is putting class prayer of one particular faith into a school day's schedule.

Currently in America there is the opportunity for those of all religions to observe their religion in public school. The majority of the people in this group are of one or both of these mindsets:

* Ignorant that people can pray in schools or;
* Instating mandatory Christian teachings in schools.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2010 10:53:10 PM
At 3/21/2010 9:07:12 PM, Korashk wrote:

Currently in America there is the opportunity for those of all religions to observe their religion in public school. The majority of the people in this group are of one or both of these mindsets:

Well yea, that's something I could support since it's not one religion being forced onto everybody. If the non-religious don't like it then they don't have to pray. :)
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2010 11:22:13 PM
If it's ok for Christians to pray in school, then I expect that they don't mind me performing a Satanic ritual in school as well.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2010 11:28:42 PM
At 3/21/2010 11:22:13 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
If it's ok for Christians to pray in school, then I expect that they don't mind me performing a Satanic ritual in school as well.

Well, if it's a satanic prayer, I think you're alright. Actual religious rituals are disallowed in public schools, though. You don't see Catholics taking communion, or young children being baptized (unless you count swirlies).
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2010 11:31:43 PM

If by 'they' you mean the government, then as long as said Satanic ritual does not entail any illegal activity or disrupts inatructional periods then they shouldn't. The people group would though, they're all for forcing Christianity on the schoolchildren of America and crushing the blasphemous minority.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2010 11:55:33 PM
At 3/21/2010 11:31:43 PM, Korashk wrote:

If by 'they' you mean the government, then as long as said Satanic ritual does not entail any illegal activity or disrupts inatructional periods then they shouldn't. The people group would though, they're all for forcing Christianity on the schoolchildren of America and crushing the blasphemous minority.

As for not having prayer disrupting instructional periods, that's where a problem could arise with certain religions, Islam in particular since there's specific prayer times.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2010 4:35:57 AM
Schools are there to educate, they are not their to care if you believe that Dead Jewish Carpenters are going to raise you from the dead, they are not their to care that you have attained the third circle of mystic wotan oouchiflan etc etc.

Kids can pray during the breaks...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2010 11:43:26 AM
At 3/23/2010 10:19:00 AM, Kahvan wrote:
I support allowing prayers from all faiths in school. Of course if we allow this test scores will drop ;)

Haha. That's an interesting thought though. Maybe instead of actually studying more and more students will rely on faith in order to do well on tests? Why study when they can just pray to God? ;)
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2010 11:48:37 AM
They will do that anyway without thought towards prayer. 'I dont need to study, I know this stuff' and then on test day they relize 'I dont know this stuff, I am not ready for this' or 'I can just cram the morning of the test' but then when they are taking the test its like 'Man, I dont know any of this'

If they want prayer to help them they should pray to learn to study better, not that all the answers are 'C' today.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2010 9:47:41 AM
At 3/23/2010 11:48:37 AM, Marauder wrote:
They will do that anyway without thought towards prayer. 'I dont need to study, I know this stuff' and then on test day they relize 'I dont know this stuff, I am not ready for this' or 'I can just cram the morning of the test' but then when they are taking the test its like 'Man, I dont know any of this'

If they want prayer to help them they should pray to learn to study better, not that all the answers are 'C' today.

I second the motion! :)
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 9:31:56 PM
THESE PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID!!!!111!!1!1!!!11!!

I have said many times and very insistently that prayer is allowed in schools. I have even backed my claims up with various links, but there are TWO people that always comment after I say that prayer is allowed with my evidence. They always just say some variation of the phrase, "prayer is banned in schools." Do you know who the other 85,000 people in the group believe?

THAT'S RIGHT, THEY BELIEVE THE TWO NIMRODS THAT KEEP SAYING THAT PRAYER ISN'T ALLOWED!!!!!!

I encourage the people of DDO to look at the ignorance displayed in this group and be glad that most of you are not like this.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2010 5:47:52 AM

But if God exists, he could just as well transform the answer sheet so that all the answers ARE "C" just for today, no?
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2010 4:26:43 PM
At 3/26/2010 5:47:52 AM, tkubok wrote:

But if God exists, he could just as well transform the answer sheet so that all the answers ARE "C" just for today, no?

Lol, I love atheistic logic. xD
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2010 7:27:39 PM
At 3/26/2010 3:51:10 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Get Stephen Clark onto Debate.Org. I want to debate him.

...why would you want to do that? I admit that it woukd likely be entertaining for everyone involved, but he would likely just be an all roubds except first forfeit.

If I debated any of them I'd want to debate Johnny Pannell because he actually thinks that his defenses are perfectly logical.