Total Posts:75|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

10 reasons why atheists are dumb

Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 11:02:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
1. they constantly say gods aren't real like they're angry about it. If you're angry about something not existing you should seek it out, not reject it.

This describes the behaviour of most internet atheist celebrities.

2. you follow evolutionary hypotheses like the faithful, even though the scientifically knowledgable you aspire to be wouldn't do that.

3. if atheism is the absence of belief then you are all stupid by default

4. they think evolution from animals to man happened dispite there being no good evidence for that "fact", then blast theists for not having any evidence for the existence of ONE deity. Fail!

5. they refer to themselves as free-thinkers but won't think freely about God(s)

6. they have never studied Christianity past what they learned in Sunday school

7. they sympathize with other religions as if they were good, but hate Christianity

8/ they hate close-mindedness, yet follow atheist celebrities advice like it's gods will, in everything they do

9. they think since some holy books are bullsh*t therefore all holy books are bullsh*t- that's crazy logic

10. they hate their parents and that's the main reason they stopped believing in religion
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 11:59:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Theist are dumb because....

1. When you point out that something doesn't exist, they still think you can seek it out.

2. They think evolution is a "hypothesis" when it is a confirmed, verified, observed and demonstrated "theory" - the pinnacle of science veracity (such as gravity theory and germ theory).

3. They think disbelief (such as their disbelief in fairies, Leprechauns and unicorns), is a lack of intelligence.

4. Theists think that Ardipithecus ramidus, Australopithecus anamensis, Australopithecus anamensis, Australopithecus anamensis equates to not having any evidence of human evolution and still don't realize that humans are animals.

5. They think "free thought" means accepting even fairytale creatures as real. To a theist, belief in Zeus, Thor and volcano gods is just "free thinking". They can't grasp that this is "the absence of thinking".

6. They think being a Christian automatically means they know more about Christianity than atheists who have studied it, and they ignore studies which have shown that atheists tend to know more about Christianity than they do.

7. Christians are stupid because even in a country where they form the majority and persecute everyone through unconstitutional legislation, they think of themselves as the persecuted ones.

8. Theists are dumb because they don't understand that "closed-mindedness" means refusing to accept the conclusion most supported by objective evidence. They think it means "rejecting an idea because it is unsupported by ANY evidence".

9. Christians show their stupidity by proclaiming that the Bible is "the word of God", simply because a council of plebeian men in the 4th century claimed it to be, after disagreeing about the individual texts for 42-years, and showing no connection whatsoever between the writings and God. If you find a collection of old journals in a cave, which are clearly written by men, and gather nine of your most superstitious friends, if six of you claim any of them are the "word of God", then they are (to a Christian).

10. Christians assume atheists hate their parents (which is false), and see this as a fault, while following a mythical savior God they believe claimed, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple."
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 12:05:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Take it on the road, if you don't get a laugh at least you'll meet your god sooner. LMFAO
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 12:50:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 11:02:28 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
1. they constantly say gods aren't real like they're angry about it. If you're angry about something not existing you should seek it out, not reject it.

This describes the behaviour of most internet atheist celebrities.

Atheists do not believe in a god, and the anger comes from idiots that push their religious agendas onto others. For me, the illogical thinking that comes to the conclusion of theism is something I find detrimental to human advancement.

2. you follow evolutionary hypotheses like the faithful, even though the scientifically knowledgable you aspire to be wouldn't do that.

Evolution is not a hypothesis, it is a scientific theory, and a fact.

3. if atheism is the absence of belief then you are all stupid by default

Atheism is the absence of belief in a god. How does that translate to being stupid?

4. they think evolution from animals to man happened dispite there being no good evidence for that "fact", then blast theists for not having any evidence for the existence of ONE deity. Fail!

There is a LOT of evidence for evolution. I know you have been shown it time and time again.

5. they refer to themselves as free-thinkers but won't think freely about God(s)

Free thinkers means that we are free from the indoctrination of others, and think for ourselves to try and gain a higher understanding of the universe. Part of that is the realization that there is no good reason to believe in a god.

6. they have never studied Christianity past what they learned in Sunday school

I actually studied Christianity a lot when I was trying to become an apologetic. That is one of the things that lead me to atheism.

7. they sympathize with other religions as if they were good, but hate Christianity

I think all religions are stupid, but I do not find much wrong with Jainism. Christianity is focused on the most in America (and on sites where the majority of people are in a country where Christianity is the majority) because.... Christianity is the majority where they live. It has the most relevance to them.

8/ they hate close-mindedness, yet follow atheist celebrities advice like it's gods will, in everything they do

No one I know does that, we look at what they say, and if it is logically sound, we listen. Even the atheist "celebrities" can sound stupid.

9. they think since some holy books are bullsh*t therefore all holy books are bullsh*t- that's crazy logic

The law of parsimony. Most "holy books" are bull*** from any point of view, so all of them are most likely bull****. The burden of proof is on the believers to show their book is accurate. No one has done that. Also, we can study some of the "holy" books, and some of their origins. That helps us understand how full of **** they are (or might not be, but that has yet to be the case).

10. they hate their parents and that's the main reason they stopped believing in religion

I do not hate my parents, many atheists I know don't hate their parents. We live in a time where information is becoming easier to access, so people are able to find the truth of the matter more easily. I became an atheist because I found nothing to support the existence of a god.

You have, once again, only shown that you have no understanding of this issue. It only makes me more convinced that you are a troll.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Xenophanes
Posts: 43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 1:14:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 11:02:28 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
1. they constantly say gods aren't real like they're angry about it. If you're angry about something not existing you should seek it out, not reject it.

How can you seek something that doesn't exist?
This describes the behaviour of most internet atheist celebrities.

2. you follow evolutionary hypotheses like the faithful, even though the scientifically knowledgable you aspire to be wouldn't do that.

Actually, most credible scientists think evolution is the most reasonable explanation.
3. if atheism is the absence of belief then you are all stupid by default

No, stupidity is the absence of intelligence. Atheism is the absence of belief.
4. they think evolution from animals to man happened dispite there being no good evidence for that "fact", then blast theists for not having any evidence for the existence of ONE deity. Fail!

Equivocation! Evolution is a theory accepted as fact because the alternative is nonsensical.
5. they refer to themselves as free-thinkers but won't think freely about God(s)

What God?
6. they have never studied Christianity past what they learned in Sunday school

Actually, I have read some of the bible. My motto is "know thine enemy".
7. they sympathize with other religions as if they were good, but hate Christianity

No, we just attack Christianity because it's the largest religion in the world.
8/ they hate close-mindedness, yet follow atheist celebrities advice like it's gods will, in everything they do

That is a generalization. Not all of us are that dumb.
9. they think since some holy books are bullsh*t therefore all holy books are bullsh*t- that's crazy logic

No, we think the Bible is bull because of the impossibilities it contains.
10. they hate their parents and that's the main reason they stopped believing in religion
I love my parents. We have some fights, but we love each other.
This is just a generalization convention. You are using stereotypes to draw conclusions about atheists that are incredibly dumb. You are an abomination who probably believes in God only because He was shoved down your throat at a young age when you didn't know better.
It would be nice not to have to put down people just because they're different.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 3:03:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 11:02:28 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
THEISTS ARE IDIOTS BECAUSE...

1. they constantly say gods aren't real like they're angry about it. If you're angry about something not existing you should seek it out, not reject it.
No matter how many times it is explained to them, they still can't grasp that we're angry at their willful stupidity for believing in fairytale gods, not at the fairytale gods themselves.

This describes the behaviour of most internet atheist celebrities.

2. you follow evolutionary hypotheses like the faithful, even though the scientifically knowledgable you aspire to be wouldn't do that.
The think if they refer to one of the most solid theories in all of science as a "hypothesis", they'll somehow degrade the evidence which supports it.

3. if atheism is the absence of belief then you are all stupid by default
Theists think belief and knowledge are the same thing, and demonstrate that misconception by claiming that the absence of belief in God, is stupidity by default.

4. they think evolution from animals to man happened dispite there being no good evidence for that "fact", then blast theists for not having any evidence for the existence of ONE deity. Fail!
They ignore the multiple transitional species between man and other apes, and continue to insist that evolution says that man evolved from animals. Evolution is consistent with the reality - men are animals.

5. they refer to themselves as free-thinkers but won't think freely about God(s)
Theists are convinced that accepting something for which they have no objective evidence, somehow qualifies as "free-thinking", and instead insist that anyone who doesn't accept their beliefs without evidence, isn't engaging in "free-thinking".

6. they have never studied Christianity past what they learned in Sunday school
Christians are stupid because they think that being a Christian, automatically means they know more about it than those who aren't Christians. Studies have shown that the reverse is true; most atheists/agnostics hold a better understanding of Christianity than Christians do.

7. they sympathize with other religions as if they were good, but hate Christianity
Christians are members of the largest religious conglomerate in the world, continue to legislate their beliefs, and yet keep crying that they're persecuted and they don't seem to understand why people aren't happy having religion legislated as law.

8/ they hate close-mindedness, yet follow atheist celebrities advice like it's gods will, in everything they do
Theists are dumb because they appeal to "faith", and at the same time, claim to dislike closed-mindedness. And yet, faith is nothing more than a demonstration of loyalty to closed-mindedness. Theists think loyalty to failed ideas makes their God happy... because someone told them that it does.

9. they think since some holy books are bullsh*t therefore all holy books are bullsh*t- that's crazy logic
Christians are idiots because they think that a 4th century council of men, who couldn't even agree among themselves, somehow picked out writings inspired by God, from a large stack of writings, yet fail to notice that even these men disagreed, and it took 42-years for them to finally accept a canon... when they then altered 30-years later, and each time claimed it was "the word of God". And that claim is the ONLY thing they have to support their ridiculous belief that the Bible is "God's word".

10. they hate their parents and that's the main reason they stopped believing in religion
Theists are idiots because they somehow have decided that atheists hate their parents. I know many atheists and I only knew one who hated her mother... because her mother was an irresponsible delinquent who didn't even see to it that her children had food, while she was gorging on ice cream sundaes, cigarettes and booze. And yet, her atheist daughter was intelligent enough to never become involved in drugs, alcohol abuse, etc., put herself through college and maintained solid employment throughout her life.

Installgentoo keeps shooting fresh feces straight up into the air, and can't seem to understand why it always results in crap falling on his head.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 3:14:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 11:59:39 AM, Beastt wrote:
Theist are dumb because....

1. When you point out that something doesn't exist, they still think you can seek it out.

2. They think evolution is a "hypothesis" when it is a confirmed, verified, observed and demonstrated "theory" - the pinnacle of science veracity (such as gravity theory and germ theory).

3. They think disbelief (such as their disbelief in fairies, Leprechauns and unicorns), is a lack of intelligence.

4. Theists think that Ardipithecus ramidus, Australopithecus anamensis, Australopithecus anamensis, Australopithecus anamensis equates to not having any evidence of human evolution and still don't realize that humans are animals.

5. They think "free thought" means accepting even fairytale creatures as real. To a theist, belief in Zeus, Thor and volcano gods is just "free thinking". They can't grasp that this is "the absence of thinking".

6. They think being a Christian automatically means they know more about Christianity than atheists who have studied it, and they ignore studies which have shown that atheists tend to know more about Christianity than they do.

7. Christians are stupid because even in a country where they form the majority and persecute everyone through unconstitutional legislation, they think of themselves as the persecuted ones.

Right. Let me know when the militant Christian group roaming the streets everywhere in the US makes an atheist martyr out of you.
Oh, and in most nations Christianity is indeed persecuted largely. Other than the Vatican (do they even count?) and Armenia (I think), there are no Christian theocracy nations that I know of. In the birthplace of Christianity, Christians are a minority, and in Europe they will become extinct in a few generations, from a combination of secularism in the present and radical Islam in the future.

8. Theists are dumb because they don't understand that "closed-mindedness" means refusing to accept the conclusion most supported by objective evidence. They think it means "rejecting an idea because it is unsupported by ANY evidence".

9. Christians show their stupidity by proclaiming that the Bible is "the word of God", simply because a council of plebeian men in the 4th century claimed it to be, after disagreeing about the individual texts for 42-years, and showing no connection whatsoever between the writings and God. If you find a collection of old journals in a cave, which are clearly written by men, and gather nine of your most superstitious friends, if six of you claim any of them are the "word of God", then they are (to a Christian).

10. Christians assume atheists hate their parents (which is false), and see this as a fault, while following a mythical savior God they believe claimed, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple."
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
BestNameEver
Posts: 22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 3:36:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
On the oft chance there's someone reading these points nodding along thinking "Gee, this really makes sense! Those dumb atheists!" I'll treat each point as though it's serious, though I'm highly skeptical that this post is serious.

At 9/11/2014 11:02:28 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
1. they constantly say gods aren't real like they're angry about it. If you're angry about something not existing you should seek it out, not reject it.

We aren't angry that God doesn't exist, we're angry that people are trying to legislate and otherwise force their beliefs about this deity which we consider non-existent onto us. Just like you might be if you had Islam forced on you, or Buddhism.
This describes the behaviour of most internet atheist celebrities.

see above

2. you follow evolutionary hypotheses like the faithful, even though the scientifically knowledgable you aspire to be wouldn't do that.

I won't deny that some atheists do, there are people of all ideological positions who hold their ideas for good reasons and for bad reasons. I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you'd admit that there are people who are atheists for good reasons, and don't just blindly follow scientific theory, as well as there are some who do just that.

3. if atheism is the absence of belief then you are all stupid by default

Conflating belief and intelligence is a dangerous thing to do

4. they think evolution from animals to man happened dispite there being no good evidence for that "fact", then blast theists for not having any evidence for the existence of ONE deity. Fail!

5. they refer to themselves as free-thinkers but won't think freely about God(s)

This isn't a serious point, and I can't give it a serious response. You're assuming that if we truly 'thought freely', we'd agree with you. That's simply not the case. It's the same problem on both sides with people who say "If you just did the research, you'd see that I'm right!", they discount the fact that different people who are completely intellectually honest who are doing the same research will often come to different conclusions, even if they're looking at the same sources.

6. they have never studied Christianity past what they learned in Sunday school
http://www.pewforum.org...

It is of course ironic that this comes directly after the last one, but this might be one of the only case where I can say, if you did the research, you'd know that you're wrong. I don't know how you can honestly hold the opinion you're expressing.

7. they sympathize with other religions as if they were good, but hate Christianity

I promise you I don't like the other religions any more than I like yours, it's just that I don't live in a country where 70+% of people are Hindu and trying to legislate Hinduism into a secular society, so I don't have to debate the Vishnu or Shiva very often.

8/ they hate close-mindedness, yet follow atheist celebrities advice like it's gods will, in everything they do

Back to my rebuttal for #2.

9. they think since some holy books are bullsh*t therefore all holy books are bullsh*t- that's crazy logic

Rebuttal to #2 and #8 also applies here, but I'll expand for this one. Personally, I've done some research on Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Jainism, Taoism, Wicca and other Neopagan religions, and found all unsatisfactory. I don't know any of the others quite as well as I know Christianity, but I don't think I need to know everything about a religion to discount it. I'd wager that you probably didn't read the Baghavad Gita before deciding you weren't a Hindu, nor the Tao Te Ching before deciding you weren't Taoist.

10. they hate their parents and that's the main reason they stopped believing in religion

Thought you might be vaguely serious up until that last one

7 / 10 pretty good troll post, room for improvement.
Demetriuscapone
Posts: 152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 6:35:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 11:02:28 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
1. they constantly say gods aren't real like they're angry about it. If you're angry about something not existing you should seek it out, not reject it.

We say that we don't believe in god. The reason we criticize religion is because religion is the cause of an immense amount of harm in this world, + completely untrue.

2. you follow evolutionary hypotheses like the faithful, even though the scientifically knowledgable you aspire to be wouldn't do that.

Evolutionary theory is universally accepted and rests upon a body of evidence that is stronger than the evidence we have for gravity. Evolution is true, that's why we believe it.


3. if atheism is the absence of belief then you are all stupid by default

It's the absence of a belief in god. Not any other belief. You can be an atheist and believe big foot existed.


4. they think evolution from animals to man happened dispite there being no good evidence for that "fact", then blast theists for not having any evidence for the existence of ONE deity. Fail!

There is a f--king massive, horizonblackening mountain of evidence for evolution.


5. they refer to themselves as free-thinkers but won't think freely about God(s)

We do. And we generally speaking are much better at it than theists.

6. they have never studied Christianity past what they learned in Sunday school

I have read the bible several times over. I have studied history for years. I know more about christianity than you do.

7. they sympathize with other religions as if they were good, but hate Christianity

I don't hate any religions. I just think religion is dumb and archaic. I am more concerned about islamic fundamentalism than christian fundamentalism.

8/ they hate close-mindedness, yet follow atheist celebrities advice like it's gods will, in everything they do

As if you wouldn't fall on your knees and open your mouth for Kirk Cameron's holy rod.

9. they think since some holy books are bullsh*t therefore all holy books are bullsh*t- that's crazy logic

Which holy books are not BS?

10. they hate their parents and that's the main reason they stopped believing in religion

Yeah right. F-ck parents huh?
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 11:48:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 11:02:28 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
1. they constantly say gods aren't real like they're angry about it. If you're angry about something not existing you should seek it out, not reject it.

This describes the behaviour of most internet atheist celebrities.

2. you follow evolutionary hypotheses like the faithful, even though the scientifically knowledgable you aspire to be wouldn't do that.

3. if atheism is the absence of belief then you are all stupid by default

4. they think evolution from animals to man happened dispite there being no good evidence for that "fact", then blast theists for not having any evidence for the existence of ONE deity. Fail!

5. they refer to themselves as free-thinkers but won't think freely about God(s)

6. they have never studied Christianity past what they learned in Sunday school

7. they sympathize with other religions as if they were good, but hate Christianity

8/ they hate close-mindedness, yet follow atheist celebrities advice like it's gods will, in everything they do

9. they think since some holy books are bullsh*t therefore all holy books are bullsh*t- that's crazy logic

10. they hate their parents and that's the main reason they stopped believing in religion

Shame you forgot the twisting of heuristic tools as being logical certainties. Which is a logical fallacy.

When an Atheist walks across the street, they look both ways. When they do not hear or see a car they proceed forward. When they get hit by a car then they will admit that the absence of evidence (not hearing or seeing a car) is NOT evidence (the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid) for absence.

Now where did the car come from? Only way to be 100% or even LIKELY there is no car is to actively scan the entire street from multiple angles at the same time. The search is extensive enough and EXHAUSTIVE enough to lend credence to the hypothesis: There is no car.

But you see before crossing the road, most people do not have a DEFAULT POSITION of there no car. Why? because a car is POSSIBLE. And a God in this universe is possible. There would be no discussion if the Atheist could justify the disbelieve with facts that make a deity IMPOSSIBLE. (just not the case)

So despite being possible, the Atheist assumes the Negative Hypothesis to "God exists" as being the default and logical conclusion. And yet where is the logical proof or evidence GOD is impossible?

Where is the EXHAUSTIVE test and scans for GOD? Of course assuming the search for a GOD was done with more than ruby colored glasses in their back yard.

It takes faith to be an Atheist. Which is why debating God's existence is sometimes like debating which tastes better pumpkin or apple pie?
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 12:14:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/1/2014 11:48:11 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 9/11/2014 11:02:28 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
1. they constantly say gods aren't real like they're angry about it. If you're angry about something not existing you should seek it out, not reject it.

This describes the behaviour of most internet atheist celebrities.

2. you follow evolutionary hypotheses like the faithful, even though the scientifically knowledgable you aspire to be wouldn't do that.

3. if atheism is the absence of belief then you are all stupid by default

4. they think evolution from animals to man happened dispite there being no good evidence for that "fact", then blast theists for not having any evidence for the existence of ONE deity. Fail!

5. they refer to themselves as free-thinkers but won't think freely about God(s)

6. they have never studied Christianity past what they learned in Sunday school

7. they sympathize with other religions as if they were good, but hate Christianity

8/ they hate close-mindedness, yet follow atheist celebrities advice like it's gods will, in everything they do

9. they think since some holy books are bullsh*t therefore all holy books are bullsh*t- that's crazy logic

10. they hate their parents and that's the main reason they stopped believing in religion

Shame you forgot the twisting of heuristic tools as being logical certainties. Which is a logical fallacy.

When an Atheist walks across the street, they look both ways. When they do not hear or see a car they proceed forward. When they get hit by a car then they will admit that the absence of evidence (not hearing or seeing a car) is NOT evidence (the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid) for absence.

Now where did the car come from? Only way to be 100% or even LIKELY there is no car is to actively scan the entire street from multiple angles at the same time. The search is extensive enough and EXHAUSTIVE enough to lend credence to the hypothesis: There is no car.

But you see before crossing the road, most people do not have a DEFAULT POSITION of there no car. Why? because a car is POSSIBLE. And a God in this universe is possible. There would be no discussion if the Atheist could justify the disbelieve with facts that make a deity IMPOSSIBLE. (just not the case)

So despite being possible, the Atheist assumes the Negative Hypothesis to "God exists" as being the default and logical conclusion. And yet where is the logical proof or evidence GOD is impossible?

Where is the EXHAUSTIVE test and scans for GOD? Of course assuming the search for a GOD was done with more than ruby colored glasses in their back yard.

It takes faith to be an Atheist. Which is why debating God's existence is sometimes like debating which tastes better pumpkin or apple pie?

See once the Atheist removes God from their universe they just fill in God's actions with imagined things like gravitons and lean on their own wisdom to answer questions of how life or the universe formed. Which is safe because no one was there to witness it.

But they are still left dumb founded by things like what is the nuclear force that holds stuff together, or any of the actions that are occurring today and attributed to God. The bible says God holds everything together.

Without God the Atheist answer becomes "I don't know, but I know it's not God". So no action of God can be evidence for a possible god.

To me that would be the biggest downfall in Atheism. At least the thinking that hinders them from logical thought and a truly open free thinking mind.
Dragonfang
Posts: 1,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 2:54:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Atheism in a nutshell:

1- Atheists are, first and foremost, naturalists and materialists, evidence and logic takes lower priorities.

2- Intuitive belief: Atheists, intuitively accept the above. Their denial of any spiritual essence is part of their statement of faith. Since intuition is considered spiritual and transcendent, this leads to the denial of the first principles of logic and denial of "rational logic" (like Nietzsche), or the belief that the first principles of logic are physical and nothing but personal and subjective computing of the brain. The only method of avoiding the paradox is to deny that the paradox exists.

3- Origin story: Evo-abiogenesis and evolution as the origin of the diversity of life are the atheist's origin story. It is, according to them, an undeniable truth and dogma. The existence of the cosmos is nothing but a series of random events.

4- Purpose of life: Since life is due to random chance, the only purpose of life that does not lead to paradoxes is the perpetuation of one's own genes.

5- Value of life: Life being a random chance, morality is either a social construction or an evolutionary mechanism. So human life by itself have no value, or is based on procreation and production. Human life is no better than the life of a bug or a microbe, and may be discarded solely based on convenience.

6- Becoming stories: Total liberation and freedom from moral restrains. Their ethics become a narcissist code of anything in which they desire. It becomes a practice of self-worship, narcissism, and self-anointed elitism; "My mind is supreme". Since intellect is physical, meaning that logic is nothing but personal computation, there are no absolutes and no rules. This provides complete freedom of thought and behavior; Intellectual and moral anarchy.

7- Statement of ethics: The ethics of Atheists is based on "Any.Code.I.Desire". The appeal resides in being free from all moral restrains, in which survival of the fittest and anything that benefits them is acceptable. They are free to create their own arbitrary morality that changes on a whim occasionally to match their own personal behavior, making them believe themselves to be tautologically good by definition. Because the Atheist mind is the "source of all truth", morality is determined by each Atheist mind individually, or they may eventually reach the logical conclusion that morality does not exist in an Atheist world in the form of moral Nihilism. Some Atheists feel concerned about the lack of morality and co-opt the Abrahamic religion morality while ignoring the intellectual dishonesty.

7- Afterlife story: Once life dies there is nothing left; when the brain dies, the mind dies. There is nothing but for their bodies to dissolve. Philosophical Materialism demands that the mind is the brain and nothing else, along with the non-existence of non-material dimensions, entities and human spirituality.

8- Statements of faith:

1) Science can reveal all truth.
2) Reality is totally physical.
3) There is no first cause.
4) Science entertains no beliefs or belief system.
5) Certain scientific "theories" are settled and may not be questioned.
6) The human mind is deterministic; a meat-machine, and we are neurochemical zombies/robots.
7) Nothing is absolute (including this statement).
8) Absence of evidence is evidence of absence (including this statement).
9) Humans are the supreme intelligence in this universe, embodied in their mind.
10) The mind is an assembly of random mutations, with no purpose but the survival of the fittest. Even then, their mind is the supreme intelligent in the universe.
11) The mind and the brain are the same and inseparable.
12) When there are appearances of design, they are false.
13) The first life self-assembled randomly in warm chemical goo/space/underwater/crystal/etc...
14) The universe is a random occurrence and self-induced.
15) A "multiuniverse" we can't see is a good explanation for a random universe producing life.
16) What we can't sense, doesn't exist.

9- Statement of heresy: Mentioning other religions or anything metaphysical.A279; Evil is embodied in the form of other religions not granting intellectual and moral anarchy, and in criticizing their statements of faith. Dissent from opposing views and not acknowledging their self-anointed elitism is not acceptable.
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 3:11:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/2/2014 2:54:45 AM, Dragonfang wrote:
Atheism in a nutshell:

1- Atheists are, first and foremost, naturalists and materialists, evidence and logic takes lower priorities.

2- Intuitive belief: Atheists, intuitively accept the above. Their denial of any spiritual essence is part of their statement of faith. Since intuition is considered spiritual and transcendent, this leads to the denial of the first principles of logic and denial of "rational logic" (like Nietzsche), or the belief that the first principles of logic are physical and nothing but personal and subjective computing of the brain. The only method of avoiding the paradox is to deny that the paradox exists.

3- Origin story: Evo-abiogenesis and evolution as the origin of the diversity of life are the atheist's origin story. It is, according to them, an undeniable truth and dogma. The existence of the cosmos is nothing but a series of random events.

4- Purpose of life: Since life is due to random chance, the only purpose of life that does not lead to paradoxes is the perpetuation of one's own genes.

5- Value of life: Life being a random chance, morality is either a social construction or an evolutionary mechanism. So human life by itself have no value, or is based on procreation and production. Human life is no better than the life of a bug or a microbe, and may be discarded solely based on convenience.

6- Becoming stories: Total liberation and freedom from moral restrains. Their ethics become a narcissist code of anything in which they desire. It becomes a practice of self-worship, narcissism, and self-anointed elitism; "My mind is supreme". Since intellect is physical, meaning that logic is nothing but personal computation, there are no absolutes and no rules. This provides complete freedom of thought and behavior; Intellectual and moral anarchy.

7- Statement of ethics: The ethics of Atheists is based on "Any.Code.I.Desire". The appeal resides in being free from all moral restrains, in which survival of the fittest and anything that benefits them is acceptable. They are free to create their own arbitrary morality that changes on a whim occasionally to match their own personal behavior, making them believe themselves to be tautologically good by definition. Because the Atheist mind is the "source of all truth", morality is determined by each Atheist mind individually, or they may eventually reach the logical conclusion that morality does not exist in an Atheist world in the form of moral Nihilism. Some Atheists feel concerned about the lack of morality and co-opt the Abrahamic religion morality while ignoring the intellectual dishonesty.

7- Afterlife story: Once life dies there is nothing left; when the brain dies, the mind dies. There is nothing but for their bodies to dissolve. Philosophical Materialism demands that the mind is the brain and nothing else, along with the non-existence of non-material dimensions, entities and human spirituality.

8- Statements of faith:

1) Science can reveal all truth.
2) Reality is totally physical.
3) There is no first cause.
4) Science entertains no beliefs or belief system.
5) Certain scientific "theories" are settled and may not be questioned.
6) The human mind is deterministic; a meat-machine, and we are neurochemical zombies/robots.
7) Nothing is absolute (including this statement).
8) Absence of evidence is evidence of absence (including this statement).
9) Humans are the supreme intelligence in this universe, embodied in their mind.
10) The mind is an assembly of random mutations, with no purpose but the survival of the fittest. Even then, their mind is the supreme intelligent in the universe.
11) The mind and the brain are the same and inseparable.
12) When there are appearances of design, they are false.
13) The first life self-assembled randomly in warm chemical goo/space/underwater/crystal/etc...
14) The universe is a random occurrence and self-induced.
15) A "multiuniverse" we can't see is a good explanation for a random universe producing life.
16) What we can't sense, doesn't exist.

9- Statement of heresy: Mentioning other religions or anything metaphysical.A279; Evil is embodied in the form of other religions not granting intellectual and moral anarchy, and in criticizing their statements of faith. Dissent from opposing views and not acknowledging their self-anointed elitism is not acceptable.

Atheist= Disbelief in gods.
That's your pet god and every other one as well.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 3:21:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Atheists appear to exist as a means for theists to demonstrate their own intellectual deficits.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 3:44:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 11:59:39 AM, Beastt wrote:
A perfect example ...

Theist are dumb because....

1. When you point out that something doesn't exist, they still think you can seek it out.

The abscence of evidence is evidence, yet few atheists, and this one in particular, will actually make that case.

Blind faith in non-existence is blind faith ...


2. They think evolution is a "hypothesis" when it is a confirmed, verified, observed and demonstrated "theory" - the pinnacle of science veracity (such as gravity theory and germ theory).

Most religious people accept evolution - they simply acknowledge that there are other processes that can contribute to an outcome other than random mutation, of which animal husbandry just happens to be a practical example.

Not that this point ever sink through mind you.


3. They think disbelief (such as their disbelief in fairies, Leprechauns and unicorns), is a lack of intelligence.

we continuously point out that this is the guilt by association fallacy and has absolutely nothing to do with the evidence for God.

http://departments.bloomu.edu...

And the fallacy:

http://www.nizkor.org...

One would think that openly fallacy and disagreement with long standing logical realities would dent the atheists modus ... not even slightly.


4. Theists think that Ardipithecus ramidus, Australopithecus anamensis, Australopithecus anamensis, Australopithecus anamensis equates to not having any evidence of human evolution and still don't realize that humans are animals.

Atheists seem to think that humans are subject to 'survival of fittest' and the 'rule of the jungle' even when evidence clearly indicates otherwise. That we are stweards of the planet is also ignored ... because we are just fish or something.


5. They think "free thought" means accepting even fairytale creatures as real. To a theist, belief in Zeus, Thor and volcano gods is just "free thinking". They can't grasp that this is "the absence of thinking".

I suppose its free thinking to adopt the same fallcy twice like its two different points, but that is just stupid - and does not really reflect on religious thought at now does it?


6. They think being a Christian automatically means they know more about Christianity than atheists who have studied it, and they ignore studies which have shown that atheists tend to know more about Christianity than they do.

They think claiming they have studied it, means it carte blanch to continuously get it wrong and react angrily when corrected ... because THEY know better than practicing Christians who are sighting their own doctrine.


7. Christians are stupid because even in a country where they form the majority and persecute everyone through unconstitutional legislation, they think of themselves as the persecuted ones.

Yes, atheists are more persecuted than slaves, and this appeal to emotion is supposed to suffice as scientific reasoning? Despite no job descrimination, no denial of civil rights, and when pressed, these champions of liberty are really just trying tro block the speech THEY disgree with ... and keep losing in court as a result.


8. Theists are dumb because they don't understand that "closed-mindedness" means refusing to accept the conclusion most supported by objective evidence. They think it means "rejecting an idea because it is unsupported by ANY evidence".

Says the atheist with zero evidence and a collection of fallacies. the 'magic' ability of atheism to evidenced based with zero evidence? Again, how many times is this pointed out to zero effect?


9. Christians show their stupidity by proclaiming that the Bible is "the word of God", simply because a council of plebeian men in the 4th century claimed it to be, after disagreeing about the individual texts for 42-years, and showing no connection whatsoever between the writings and God. If you find a collection of old journals in a cave, which are clearly written by men, and gather nine of your most superstitious friends, if six of you claim any of them are the "word of God", then they are (to a Christian).

Inspiration is a concept foreign to atheists who, rather than seek to disprove the word resort to mocking. They of course, have no better world view and define themsleves solely in rejection of something by any means necessary ... no matter how silly the excuse.


10. Christians assume atheists hate their parents (which is false), and see this as a fault, while following a mythical savior God they believe claimed, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple."

This is just dreamt up thinking and emotional swill. Note the countering cliams of 'knowledge' of Christianity and then the deliberate misquote - quite common with militant atheists.

And when you correct these? The true nature of atheism comes to thr front - the angry emotional rebuttal and personal attacks.

Not all atheists are like this, but hey certainly have their fair share.
Zylorarchy
Posts: 209
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 3:50:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ah, the wonderfully intolerant DDO community strikes again! Now please excuse me, I must go execute some non-believers and homosexuals. Oh wait, I'm atheist.
"I am not intolerant of religion, I am intolerant of intolerance"
"True freedom is not simply left or right. It is the ability to know when a law is needed, but more importantly, know when one is not"
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 3:57:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/2/2014 3:50:50 AM, Zylorarchy wrote:
Ah, the wonderfully intolerant DDO community strikes again! Now please excuse me, I must go execute some non-believers and homosexuals. Oh wait, I'm atheist.

Yes, there is nothing wrong with the belief that you are about to be murdered and seeing er ... homosexuals not being murdered in the street?

What exactly do we call the false accusation of murder in polite comversation?

We do not call it the reasoned rebuttal of an unreasonable position now do we?
Zylorarchy
Posts: 209
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 4:05:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/2/2014 3:57:05 AM, neutral wrote:
At 10/2/2014 3:50:50 AM, Zylorarchy wrote:
Ah, the wonderfully intolerant DDO community strikes again! Now please excuse me, I must go execute some non-believers and homosexuals. Oh wait, I'm atheist.

Yes, there is nothing wrong with the belief that you are about to be murdered and seeing er ... homosexuals not being murdered in the street?

What exactly do we call the false accusation of murder in polite comversation?

We do not call it the reasoned rebuttal of an unreasonable position now do we?

The original post in this thread is both unreasonable and unfair. As I'm sure you would agree if this was "10 reasons why theists are dumb".
"I am not intolerant of religion, I am intolerant of intolerance"
"True freedom is not simply left or right. It is the ability to know when a law is needed, but more importantly, know when one is not"
Dragonfang
Posts: 1,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 4:39:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/2/2014 3:11:34 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/2/2014 2:54:45 AM, Dragonfang wrote:
Atheism in a nutshell:

1- Atheists are, first and foremost, naturalists and materialists, evidence and logic takes lower priorities.

2- Intuitive belief: Atheists, intuitively accept the above. Their denial of any spiritual essence is part of their statement of faith. Since intuition is considered spiritual and transcendent, this leads to the denial of the first principles of logic and denial of "rational logic" (like Nietzsche), or the belief that the first principles of logic are physical and nothing but personal and subjective computing of the brain. The only method of avoiding the paradox is to deny that the paradox exists.

3- Origin story: Evo-abiogenesis and evolution as the origin of the diversity of life are the atheist's origin story. It is, according to them, an undeniable truth and dogma. The existence of the cosmos is nothing but a series of random events.

4- Purpose of life: Since life is due to random chance, the only purpose of life that does not lead to paradoxes is the perpetuation of one's own genes.

5- Value of life: Life being a random chance, morality is either a social construction or an evolutionary mechanism. So human life by itself have no value, or is based on procreation and production. Human life is no better than the life of a bug or a microbe, and may be discarded solely based on convenience.

6- Becoming stories: Total liberation and freedom from moral restrains. Their ethics become a narcissist code of anything in which they desire. It becomes a practice of self-worship, narcissism, and self-anointed elitism; "My mind is supreme". Since intellect is physical, meaning that logic is nothing but personal computation, there are no absolutes and no rules. This provides complete freedom of thought and behavior; Intellectual and moral anarchy.

7- Statement of ethics: The ethics of Atheists is based on "Any.Code.I.Desire". The appeal resides in being free from all moral restrains, in which survival of the fittest and anything that benefits them is acceptable. They are free to create their own arbitrary morality that changes on a whim occasionally to match their own personal behavior, making them believe themselves to be tautologically good by definition. Because the Atheist mind is the "source of all truth", morality is determined by each Atheist mind individually, or they may eventually reach the logical conclusion that morality does not exist in an Atheist world in the form of moral Nihilism. Some Atheists feel concerned about the lack of morality and co-opt the Abrahamic religion morality while ignoring the intellectual dishonesty.

7- Afterlife story: Once life dies there is nothing left; when the brain dies, the mind dies. There is nothing but for their bodies to dissolve. Philosophical Materialism demands that the mind is the brain and nothing else, along with the non-existence of non-material dimensions, entities and human spirituality.

8- Statements of faith:

1) Science can reveal all truth.
2) Reality is totally physical.
3) There is no first cause.
4) Science entertains no beliefs or belief system.
5) Certain scientific "theories" are settled and may not be questioned.
6) The human mind is deterministic; a meat-machine, and we are neurochemical zombies/robots.
7) Nothing is absolute (including this statement).
8) Absence of evidence is evidence of absence (including this statement).
9) Humans are the supreme intelligence in this universe, embodied in their mind.
10) The mind is an assembly of random mutations, with no purpose but the survival of the fittest. Even then, their mind is the supreme intelligent in the universe.
11) The mind and the brain are the same and inseparable.
12) When there are appearances of design, they are false.
13) The first life self-assembled randomly in warm chemical goo/space/underwater/crystal/etc...
14) The universe is a random occurrence and self-induced.
15) A "multiuniverse" we can't see is a good explanation for a random universe producing life.
16) What we can't sense, doesn't exist.

9- Statement of heresy: Mentioning other religions or anything metaphysical.A279; Evil is embodied in the form of other religions not granting intellectual and moral anarchy, and in criticizing their statements of faith. Dissent from opposing views and not acknowledging their self-anointed elitism is not acceptable.

Atheist= Disbelief in gods.
That's your pet god and every other one as well.

Just try to deny the above. This perfectly represents the neo-Atheist movement based on empirical evidence (pun intended).

"deity/deities exists".
Answers:
1- True
2- False
3- Don't know
- Senile or apathetic

This means that Atheism is defined in belief in either answer 2 or 3. Hey, lets call Theism the disbelieve that theism is false, or belief in answer 1 or 3.

Guys... Since the terms are now meaningless, we need to invent new terms to represent each answer individually. I suggest: Divine Intellectualism, Divine Selfism, and Divine Ignorism.
Any other suggestions?
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 4:50:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/2/2014 4:05:24 AM, Zylorarchy wrote:
At 10/2/2014 3:57:05 AM, neutral wrote:
At 10/2/2014 3:50:50 AM, Zylorarchy wrote:
Ah, the wonderfully intolerant DDO community strikes again! Now please excuse me, I must go execute some non-believers and homosexuals. Oh wait, I'm atheist.

Yes, there is nothing wrong with the belief that you are about to be murdered and seeing er ... homosexuals not being murdered in the street?

What exactly do we call the false accusation of murder in polite comversation?

We do not call it the reasoned rebuttal of an unreasonable position now do we?

The original post in this thread is both unreasonable and unfair. As I'm sure you would agree if this was "10 reasons why theists are dumb".

I agree.

But that is an opportunity for you to expose it as such. Beyond the 'not all atheists think this way,' there is an opportunity to explain the position in a reasonable and civil manner.

If the OP presents atheists as unreasonable, and you resond with ... murder? ... doiesn't that validate the point?

Again, I am the first to say that not all atheists are stupid or monolithic, but I will also say there has been a dearth of .... the intelligent atheist view point of late. Burz and Envy have been usually quiet of late, and it would be good to see the reasonable atheist voice return.
Zylorarchy
Posts: 209
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 4:51:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/2/2014 4:50:27 AM, neutral wrote:
At 10/2/2014 4:05:24 AM, Zylorarchy wrote:
At 10/2/2014 3:57:05 AM, neutral wrote:
At 10/2/2014 3:50:50 AM, Zylorarchy wrote:
Ah, the wonderfully intolerant DDO community strikes again! Now please excuse me, I must go execute some non-believers and homosexuals. Oh wait, I'm atheist.

Yes, there is nothing wrong with the belief that you are about to be murdered and seeing er ... homosexuals not being murdered in the street?

What exactly do we call the false accusation of murder in polite comversation?

We do not call it the reasoned rebuttal of an unreasonable position now do we?

The original post in this thread is both unreasonable and unfair. As I'm sure you would agree if this was "10 reasons why theists are dumb".

I agree.

But that is an opportunity for you to expose it as such. Beyond the 'not all atheists think this way,' there is an opportunity to explain the position in a reasonable and civil manner.

If the OP presents atheists as unreasonable, and you resond with ... murder? ... doiesn't that validate the point?

Again, I am the first to say that not all atheists are stupid or monolithic, but I will also say there has been a dearth of .... the intelligent atheist view point of late. Burz and Envy have been usually quiet of late, and it would be good to see the reasonable atheist voice return.

I agree completely with what you say. Admittedly, I wrote my post in anger.
"I am not intolerant of religion, I am intolerant of intolerance"
"True freedom is not simply left or right. It is the ability to know when a law is needed, but more importantly, know when one is not"
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 4:52:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/2/2014 4:51:58 AM, Zylorarchy wrote:
At 10/2/2014 4:50:27 AM, neutral wrote:
At 10/2/2014 4:05:24 AM, Zylorarchy wrote:
At 10/2/2014 3:57:05 AM, neutral wrote:
At 10/2/2014 3:50:50 AM, Zylorarchy wrote:
Ah, the wonderfully intolerant DDO community strikes again! Now please excuse me, I must go execute some non-believers and homosexuals. Oh wait, I'm atheist.

Yes, there is nothing wrong with the belief that you are about to be murdered and seeing er ... homosexuals not being murdered in the street?

What exactly do we call the false accusation of murder in polite comversation?

We do not call it the reasoned rebuttal of an unreasonable position now do we?

The original post in this thread is both unreasonable and unfair. As I'm sure you would agree if this was "10 reasons why theists are dumb".

I agree.

But that is an opportunity for you to expose it as such. Beyond the 'not all atheists think this way,' there is an opportunity to explain the position in a reasonable and civil manner.

If the OP presents atheists as unreasonable, and you resond with ... murder? ... doiesn't that validate the point?

Again, I am the first to say that not all atheists are stupid or monolithic, but I will also say there has been a dearth of .... the intelligent atheist view point of late. Burz and Envy have been usually quiet of late, and it would be good to see the reasonable atheist voice return.

I agree completely with what you say. Admittedly, I wrote my post in anger.

It happens ;-) Plenty of that going around lately.
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 5:51:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/2/2014 3:44:21 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/11/2014 11:59:39 AM, Beastt wrote:
A perfect example ...

Theist are dumb because....

1. When you point out that something doesn't exist, they still think you can seek it out.

The abscence of evidence is evidence, yet few atheists, and this one in particular, will actually make that case.
Provide the lack of evidence for the non existence of fairy godmothers.
Blind faith in non-existence is blind faith ...
You must therefore have blind faith that a herd of invisible pink unicorns aren't roaming your kitchen.

2. They think evolution is a "hypothesis" when it is a confirmed, verified, observed and demonstrated "theory" - the pinnacle of science veracity (such as gravity theory and germ theory).

Most religious people accept evolution - they simply acknowledge that there are other processes that can contribute to an outcome other than random mutation, of which animal husbandry just happens to be a practical example.
Most religious people do not accept the ToE. If you/they want to inject Zeus into the ToE then you are no longer talking about the Toe and are therefore not accepting the ToE.
Not that this point ever sink through mind you.
Not that this will ever sink in though.

3. They think disbelief (such as their disbelief in fairies, Leprechauns and unicorns), is a lack of intelligence.

we continuously point out that this is the guilt by association fallacy and has absolutely nothing to do with the evidence for God.
This is quite easy.
Explain the logical and well reasoned decision you've made for disbelieving in each of the thousands of gods you disbelieve in.
http://departments.bloomu.edu...

And the fallacy:

http://www.nizkor.org...

One would think that openly fallacy and disagreement with long standing logical realities would dent the atheists modus ... not even slightly.


4. Theists think that Ardipithecus ramidus, Australopithecus anamensis, Australopithecus anamensis, Australopithecus anamensis equates to not having any evidence of human evolution and still don't realize that humans are animals.

Atheists seem to think that humans are subject to 'survival of fittest' and the 'rule of the jungle' even when evidence clearly indicates otherwise. That we are stweards of the planet is also ignored ... because we are just fish or something.
Theists always lie about what atheists think. If they possessed any knowledge of atheists they would know upwards of 90% are very individualistic in their worldviews.

5. They think "free thought" means accepting even fairytale creatures as real. To a theist, belief in Zeus, Thor and volcano gods is just "free thinking". They can't grasp that this is "the absence of thinking".

I suppose its free thinking to adopt the same fallcy twice like its two different points, but that is just stupid - and does not really reflect on religious thought at now does it?



6. They think being a Christian automatically means they know more about Christianity than atheists who have studied it, and they ignore studies which have shown that atheists tend to know more about Christianity than they do.

They think claiming they have studied it, means it carte blanch to continuously get it wrong and react angrily when corrected ... because THEY know better than practicing Christians who are sighting their own doctrine.
That is th whole point, yes.

7. Christians are stupid because even in a country where they form the majority and persecute everyone through unconstitutional legislation, they think of themselves as the persecuted ones.

Yes, atheists are more persecuted than slaves, and this appeal to emotion is supposed to suffice as scientific reasoning? Despite no job descrimination, no denial of civil rights, and when pressed, these champions of liberty are really just trying tro block the speech THEY disgree with ... and keep losing in court as a result.
Not really relevant to point you purport to respond to.

8. Theists are dumb because they don't understand that "closed-mindedness" means refusing to accept the conclusion most supported by objective evidence. They think it means "rejecting an idea because it is unsupported by ANY evidence".

Says the atheist with zero evidence and a collection of fallacies. the 'magic' ability of atheism to evidenced based with zero evidence? Again, how many times is this pointed out to zero effect?
You've been asked before to explain what evidence you think non existence would present and have failed at every fence. Of course you have also failed the provide evidence of a god that you claim does exist. Point proven.

9. Christians show their stupidity by proclaiming that the Bible is "the word of God", simply because a council of plebeian men in the 4th century claimed it to be, after disagreeing about the individual texts for 42-years, and showing no connection whatsoever between the writings and God. If you find a collection of old journals in a cave, which are clearly written by men, and gather nine of your most superstitious friends, if six of you claim any of them are the "word of God", then they are (to a Christian).

Inspiration is a concept foreign to atheists who, rather than seek to disprove the word resort to mocking. They of course, have no better world view and define themsleves solely in rejection of something by any means necessary ... no matter how silly the excuse.
You have been notable by your absence in this thread http://www.debate.org.... So if you would care to offer the knowledge you possess which has convinced you that the bible is the word of god and how you came about that knowledge.

10. Christians assume atheists hate their parents (which is false), and see this as a fault, while following a mythical savior God they believe claimed, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple."

This is just dreamt up thinking and emotional swill. Note the countering cliams of 'knowledge' of Christianity and then the deliberate misquote - quite common with militant atheists.
Demonstrate that what is quoted is a "misquote" let alone a "deliberate misquote"
And when you correct these? The true nature of atheism comes to thr front - the angry emotional rebuttal and personal attacks.
You haven't corrected anything, you have made an unsubstantiated claim. I look forward to your evidence, even though I know you will run as far and as fast as you can and avoid providing such.
Not all atheists are like this, but hey certainly have their fair share.
You have proven, not just in this post, many times that you aren't even aware of what the word atheists means. You are therefore in no position to pass judgment on the non existent atheist community that you have judged.
And yes that is what you meant.
Cue abusive childish insults .
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 6:28:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/2/2014 5:51:58 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/2/2014 3:44:21 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/11/2014 11:59:39 AM, Beastt wrote:
A perfect example ...

Theist are dumb because....

1. When you point out that something doesn't exist, they still think you can seek it out.

The abscence of evidence is evidence, yet few atheists, and this one in particular, will actually make that case.
Provide the lack of evidence for the non existence of fairy godmothers.
Blind faith in non-existence is blind faith ...
You must therefore have blind faith that a herd of invisible pink unicorns aren't roaming your kitchen.

2. They think evolution is a "hypothesis" when it is a confirmed, verified, observed and demonstrated "theory" - the pinnacle of science veracity (such as gravity theory and germ theory).

Most religious people accept evolution - they simply acknowledge that there are other processes that can contribute to an outcome other than random mutation, of which animal husbandry just happens to be a practical example.
Most religious people do not accept the ToE. If you/they want to inject Zeus into the ToE then you are no longer talking about the Toe and are therefore not accepting the ToE.
Not that this point ever sink through mind you.
Not that this will ever sink in though.

3. They think disbelief (such as their disbelief in fairies, Leprechauns and unicorns), is a lack of intelligence.

we continuously point out that this is the guilt by association fallacy and has absolutely nothing to do with the evidence for God.
This is quite easy.
Explain the logical and well reasoned decision you've made for disbelieving in each of the thousands of gods you disbelieve in.
http://departments.bloomu.edu...

And the fallacy:

http://www.nizkor.org...

One would think that openly fallacy and disagreement with long standing logical realities would dent the atheists modus ... not even slightly.


4. Theists think that Ardipithecus ramidus, Australopithecus anamensis, Australopithecus anamensis, Australopithecus anamensis equates to not having any evidence of human evolution and still don't realize that humans are animals.

Atheists seem to think that humans are subject to 'survival of fittest' and the 'rule of the jungle' even when evidence clearly indicates otherwise. That we are stweards of the planet is also ignored ... because we are just fish or something.
Theists always lie about what atheists think. If they possessed any knowledge of atheists they would know upwards of 90% are very individualistic in their worldviews.

5. They think "free thought" means accepting even fairytale creatures as real. To a theist, belief in Zeus, Thor and volcano gods is just "free thinking". They can't grasp that this is "the absence of thinking".

I suppose its free thinking to adopt the same fallcy twice like its two different points, but that is just stupid - and does not really reflect on religious thought at now does it?



6. They think being a Christian automatically means they know more about Christianity than atheists who have studied it, and they ignore studies which have shown that atheists tend to know more about Christianity than they do.

They think claiming they have studied it, means it carte blanch to continuously get it wrong and react angrily when corrected ... because THEY know better than practicing Christians who are sighting their own doctrine.
That is th whole point, yes.

7. Christians are stupid because even in a country where they form the majority and persecute everyone through unconstitutional legislation, they think of themselves as the persecuted ones.

Yes, atheists are more persecuted than slaves, and this appeal to emotion is supposed to suffice as scientific reasoning? Despite no job descrimination, no denial of civil rights, and when pressed, these champions of liberty are really just trying tro block the speech THEY disgree with ... and keep losing in court as a result.
Not really relevant to point you purport to respond to.

8. Theists are dumb because they don't understand that "closed-mindedness" means refusing to accept the conclusion most supported by objective evidence. They think it means "rejecting an idea because it is unsupported by ANY evidence".

Says the atheist with zero evidence and a collection of fallacies. the 'magic' ability of atheism to evidenced based with zero evidence? Again, how many times is this pointed out to zero effect?
You've been asked before to explain what evidence you think non existence would present and have failed at every fence. Of course you have also failed the provide evidence of a god that you claim does exist. Point proven.

9. Christians show their stupidity by proclaiming that the Bible is "the word of God", simply because a council of plebeian men in the 4th century claimed it to be, after disagreeing about the individual texts for 42-years, and showing no connection whatsoever between the writings and God. If you find a collection of old journals in a cave, which are clearly written by men, and gather nine of your most superstitious friends, if six of you claim any of them are the "word of God", then they are (to a Christian).

Inspiration is a concept foreign to atheists who, rather than seek to disprove the word resort to mocking. They of course, have no better world view and define themsleves solely in rejection of something by any means necessary ... no matter how silly the excuse.
You have been notable by your absence in this thread http://www.debate.org.... So if you would care to offer the knowledge you possess which has convinced you that the bible is the word of god and how you came about that knowledge.

10. Christians assume atheists hate their parents (which is false), and see this as a fault, while following a mythical savior God they believe claimed, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple."

This is just dreamt up thinking and emotional swill. Note the countering cliams of 'knowledge' of Christianity and then the deliberate misquote - quite common with militant atheists.
Demonstrate that what is quoted is a "misquote" let alone a "deliberate misquote"
And when you correct these? The true nature of atheism comes to thr front - the angry emotional rebuttal and personal attacks.
You haven't corrected anything, you have made an unsubstantiated claim. I look forward to your evidence, even though I know you will run as far and as fast as you can and avoid providing such.
Not all atheists are like this, but hey certainly have their fair share.
You have proven, not just in this post, many times that you aren't even aware of what the word atheists means. You are therefore in no position to pass judgment on the non existent atheist community that you have judged.
And yes that is what you meant.
Cue abusive childish insults .

Oh look abusive stalker twit parachutes in with another flame baiting pile of crap.

Again, twit boy go f*ck yourself.

No one even wants to talk to you anymore. Please stop interrupting other people's discussions with your insane routine - thanks.
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 6:29:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/1/2014 11:48:11 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 9/11/2014 11:02:28 AM, Installgentoo wrote:
1. they constantly say gods aren't real like they're angry about it. If you're angry about something not existing you should seek it out, not reject it.

This describes the behaviour of most internet atheist celebrities.

2. you follow evolutionary hypotheses like the faithful, even though the scientifically knowledgable you aspire to be wouldn't do that.

3. if atheism is the absence of belief then you are all stupid by default

4. they think evolution from animals to man happened dispite there being no good evidence for that "fact", then blast theists for not having any evidence for the existence of ONE deity. Fail!

5. they refer to themselves as free-thinkers but won't think freely about God(s)

6. they have never studied Christianity past what they learned in Sunday school

7. they sympathize with other religions as if they were good, but hate Christianity

8/ they hate close-mindedness, yet follow atheist celebrities advice like it's gods will, in everything they do

9. they think since some holy books are bullsh*t therefore all holy books are bullsh*t- that's crazy logic

10. they hate their parents and that's the main reason they stopped believing in religion

Shame you forgot the twisting of heuristic tools as being logical certainties. Which is a logical fallacy.

When an Atheist walks across the street, they look both ways. When they do not hear or see a car they proceed forward. When they get hit by a car then they will admit that the absence of evidence (not hearing or seeing a car) is NOT evidence (the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid) for absence.

Now where did the car come from? Only way to be 100% or even LIKELY there is no car is to actively scan the entire street from multiple angles at the same time. The search is extensive enough and EXHAUSTIVE enough to lend credence to the hypothesis: There is no car.

But you see before crossing the road, most people do not have a DEFAULT POSITION of there no car. Why? because a car is POSSIBLE. And a God in this universe is possible. There would be no discussion if the Atheist could justify the disbelieve with facts that make a deity IMPOSSIBLE. (just not the case)

So despite being possible, the Atheist assumes the Negative Hypothesis to "God exists" as being the default and logical conclusion. And yet where is the logical proof or evidence GOD is impossible?

Where is the EXHAUSTIVE test and scans for GOD? Of course assuming the search for a GOD was done with more than ruby colored glasses in their back yard.

It takes faith to be an Atheist. Which is why debating God's existence is sometimes like debating which tastes better pumpkin or apple pie?

Sure, in the same way it takes a mythical belief when it comes to disbelieving in dragons, fairies, and goblins.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 6:33:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/2/2014 6:29:02 AM, SamStevens wrote:

Sure, in the same way it takes a mythical belief when it comes to disbelieving in dragons, fairies, and goblins.

Except that a case could be made for any of those to a sensible point - presumably for God too ... but instead we get the built by association fallacy.

It works both ways by the way.

The same way it takes mythical belief when it comes to disbelieving air, cows, grass, gravity, trees, cities, cement ... etc.

Congrats, you just made a fallacious argument in either direction!
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 6:40:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/2/2014 6:33:35 AM, neutral wrote:
At 10/2/2014 6:29:02 AM, SamStevens wrote:

Sure, in the same way it takes a mythical belief when it comes to disbelieving in dragons, fairies, and goblins.

Except that a case could be made for any of those to a sensible point - presumably for God too ... but instead we get the built by association fallacy.

A case based on evidence?

It works both ways by the way.

The same way it takes mythical belief when it comes to disbelieving air, cows, grass, gravity, trees, cities, cement ... etc.

Congrats, you just made a fallacious argument in either direction!
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Dragonfang
Posts: 1,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 6:41:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/2/2014 5:51:58 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/2/2014 3:44:21 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/11/2014 11:59:39 AM, Beastt wrote:
A perfect example ...

Theist are dumb because....

1. When you point out that something doesn't exist, they still think you can seek it out.

The abscence of evidence is evidence, yet few atheists, and this one in particular, will actually make that case.
Provide the lack of evidence for the non existence of fairy godmothers.
My disbelieve in fairy godmothers is based on evidence, not lack of evidence. Thank you.
Blind faith in non-existence is blind faith ...
You must therefore have blind faith that a herd of invisible pink unicorns aren't roaming your kitchen.
No, I have faith based on evidence. But thank you for admitting that your rejection of God is based on blind faith and irrational emotional rejectionism.

2. They think evolution is a "hypothesis" when it is a confirmed, verified, observed and demonstrated "theory" - the pinnacle of science veracity (such as gravity theory and germ theory).

Most religious people accept evolution - they simply acknowledge that there are other processes that can contribute to an outcome other than random mutation, of which animal husbandry just happens to be a practical example.
Most religious people do not accept the ToE. If you/they want to inject Zeus into the ToE then you are no longer talking about the Toe and are therefore not accepting the ToE.
Equivocation fallacy. Evolution is rejected only as a truth statement since actual science produces only contingent factoids which are subject to change. What is not accepted is evolutionary mechanisms bringing about multicellular life, the diversity of species, complex biomechanical organ and biological systems, consciousness, and intelligence from a hypothetical proto-cell.
Whether the entity responsible for the ToE is some random zero-IQ entity or an intelligent being is a metaphysical claim and have nothing to do with science or the scientific method. According to this the ToE is a a historical hypothesis to fit ideological assumptions without providing a scientific or material explanation.
Not that this point ever sink through mind you.
Not that this will ever sink in though.
Yeah, cause according to you, debates are like monkeys throwing feces at each other to prove their superiority. There is no such thing as absolutes, or right and wrong.

3. They think disbelief (such as their disbelief in fairies, Leprechauns and unicorns), is a lack of intelligence.

we continuously point out that this is the guilt by association fallacy and has absolutely nothing to do with the evidence for God.
This is quite easy.
Explain the logical and well reasoned decision you've made for disbelieving in each of the thousands of gods you disbelieve in.
It is apparent that your knowledge's errant and that you are incoherent.
The general Theistic claim is that there is one supreme deity, not that other deities do not exist. Since the two positions are contradictory, by proving one, the other is necessarily false via. the law of non-contradiction.
http://departments.bloomu.edu...

And the fallacy:

http://www.nizkor.org...

One would think that openly fallacy and disagreement with long standing logical realities would dent the atheists modus ... not even slightly.


4. Theists think that Ardipithecus ramidus, Australopithecus anamensis, Australopithecus anamensis, Australopithecus anamensis equates to not having any evidence of human evolution and still don't realize that humans are animals.

Atheists seem to think that humans are subject to 'survival of fittest' and the 'rule of the jungle' even when evidence clearly indicates otherwise. That we are stweards of the planet is also ignored ... because we are just fish or something.
Theists always lie about what atheists think. If they possessed any knowledge of atheists they would know upwards of 90% are very individualistic in their worldviews.
Oh! I explained that alright!

5. They think "free thought" means accepting even fairytale creatures as real. To a theist, belief in Zeus, Thor and volcano gods is just "free thinking". They can't grasp that this is "the absence of thinking".

I suppose its free thinking to adopt the same fallcy twice like its two different points, but that is just stupid - and does not really reflect on religious thought at now does it?



6. They think being a Christian automatically means they know more about Christianity than atheists who have studied it, and they ignore studies which have shown that atheists tend to know more about Christianity than they do.

They think claiming they have studied it, means it carte blanch to continuously get it wrong and react angrily when corrected ... because THEY know better than practicing Christians who are sighting their own doctrine.
That is th whole point, yes.
For an Atheist to condemn what they believe to be a non-existing, fictional deity is absurd. For an Atheist to condemn an actual existing deity which created them is the ultimate absurdity.

Yes, atheists are more persecuted than slaves, and this appeal to emotion is supposed to suffice as scientific reasoning? Despite no job descrimination, no denial of civil rights, and when pressed, these champions of liberty are really just trying tro block the speech THEY disgree with ... and keep losing in court as a result.
Not really relevant to point you purport to respond to.

Says the atheist with zero evidence and a collection of fallacies. the 'magic' ability of atheism to evidenced based with zero evidence? Again, how many times is this pointed out to zero effect?
You've been asked before to explain what evidence you think non existence would present and have failed at every fence. Of course you have also failed the provide evidence of a god that you claim does exist. Point proven.
The same evidence that you believe your food is not poisoned? Or that your friends are not conspiring against you? (assuming you have friends of course)
This is nothing but an other fruit of Atheist special pleading (along obvious category error).
Not all atheists are like this, but hey certainly have their fair share.
You have proven, not just in this post, many times that you aren't even aware of what the word atheists means. You are therefore in no position to pass judgment on the non existent atheist community that you have judged.
And yes that is what you meant.
Cue abusive childish insults .
You do not know what the word Theist (disbelieve that no deities exists) mean. You are in no position to pass judgement in our community.
Get yourself and your ad hominem outta here!
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 6:42:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/2/2014 6:28:47 AM, neutral wrote:
No one even wants to talk to you anymore. Please stop interrupting other people's discussions with your insane routine - thanks.

Well we know that you don't want to talk to me.
As we see from this post you are quite incapable of even addressing the contentions and questions I propose and pose.

You have known for a long time that your pathetic bluff and bluster has absolutely no effect on me.
I keep sending my arrows of truth straight through your lying heart.
That of course just makes you angrier than you already are and elicits the only real response you are capable of.
Pathetic, childish insults.
Don't get mad at me for making a fool of you.
It's your doing, not mine.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin