Who Here Worships?

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 12:01:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Who here worships Kim il-sung?

We know from the definition of theism that these people are theists.

Are you "theists" atheistic in regard to this deity, or are you happy as Larry to worship with them?
Arasa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 11:26:36 AM
At 9/11/2014 12:01:10 PM, bulproof wrote:

Are you "theists" atheistic in regard to this deity, or are you happy as Larry to worship with them?

Atheism is not the belief in one but not any other. That would be monotheism. Atheism is the belief that there is no god at all. "Theism" simply means that one believes that there is a god, or that there are gods. To believe that every single god exists would make you a...
1. polytheist
2. postmodernist
3. daoist
and most certainly not a monotheist, which Christianity would fall under the category of.

Post-Script... I find your post comical, as you are an atheist, yet commit a terminological fallacy that involves the very definition of your own belief.

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 11:30:45 AM
At 9/13/2014 11:26:36 AM, Arasa wrote:

Atheism is not the belief in one but not any other. That would be monotheism. Atheism is the belief that there is no god at all. "Theism" simply means that one believes that there is a god, or that there are gods. To believe that every single god exists would make you a...
1. polytheist
2. postmodernist
3. daoist
and most certainly not a monotheist, which Christianity would fall under the category of.

Post-Script... I find your post comical, as you are an atheist, yet commit a terminological fallacy that involves the very definition of your own belief.

Are Nth Koreans theists?
Arasa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 11:33:13 AM
At 9/13/2014 11:30:45 AM, bulproof wrote:

1. polytheist
2. postmodernist
3. daoist

Are Nth Koreans theists?

If they believe that their leader is a god, then that would make them theists. Granted, I think that it would make them daoists (or Taoists, depending on your language). But Daoism is technically a branch of theism, so yes.

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 11:36:07 AM
At 9/13/2014 11:33:13 AM, Arasa wrote:

1. polytheist
2. postmodernist
3. daoist

Are Nth Koreans theists?

If they believe that their leader is a god, then that would make them theists. Granted, I think that it would make them daoists (or Taoists, depending on your language). But Daoism is technically a branch of theism, so yes.

So the religious theists on here who continually claim that Nth Korea is an atheist state would be either uninformed or lying, yes?
Arasa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 11:45:57 AM
At 9/13/2014 11:36:07 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/13/2014 11:33:13 AM, Arasa wrote:

1. polytheist
2. postmodernist
3. daoist

Are Nth Koreans theists?

So the religious theists on here who continually claim that Nth Korea is an atheist state would be either uninformed or lying, yes?

If the North Koreans believe that their leader is a god on earth, then they are under the branch of theism. Now, if the leader of North Korea states that he is not, and declares the national religion to be atheism, then North Korea would be an atheistic nation in which its people are theists.

The importance is in the declared national religion. I would ask the religious theists that you mention to clarify if they mean the national religion or simply the overall belief of its people.