Total Posts:62|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Religious people are blind to the truth

kajvalmer
Posts: 9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.
essayjay243
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 6:29:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

Well said. I believe that Christianity is a plague that must be wiped from the surface of the Earth. It is the sole cause of Crusades, Terrorism, etc.
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 6:31:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

If you're going to troll, could you at least try to be a competent troll? This is a pretty lame attempt at trolling. One of the worst I've seen.
debletar
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 6:33:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

This is why I dislike atheists. You see, atheists are practically the pot calling the mirror black here.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

Religion is a lie and Christianity is not a religion, it is a personal relationship with God.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

The Bible is true and the "an eye for an eye" thing is a myth and Jesus actually spoke out against it in the sermon on the hill.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

Ad hominem: Atheists are better than Christians, therefore atheism is false

Let me guess, you must be a maoist who wants to replace God with an omnipotent police state! Look at stalin and mao their mass murderers and this proves atheism false and a lie.
kajvalmer
Posts: 9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 6:37:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 6:31:31 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

If you're going to troll, could you at least try to be a competent troll? This is a pretty lame attempt at trolling. One of the worst I've seen.

You are calling the kettle black here. Atheism is the truth, the light, and the truth. Christianity is nothing but a cloud of ignorance, indoctrination, and hyprocrisy. I believe that religion should be exterminated and religious people should be sent into re-education centres and re-educated/loved until they convert to atheism because Christians are sickos and evil people of evilness.
essayjay243
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 6:43:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 6:37:51 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:31:31 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

If you're going to troll, could you at least try to be a competent troll? This is a pretty lame attempt at trolling. One of the worst I've seen.

You are calling the kettle black here. Atheism is the truth, the light, and the truth. Christianity is nothing but a cloud of ignorance, indoctrination, and hyprocrisy. I believe that religion should be exterminated and religious people should be sent into re-education centres and re-educated/loved until they convert to atheism because Christians are sickos and evil people of evilness.

I agree with you that could not be said better. I believe that Christians are sickos and want to deprive us of our rights. I am frequently harrassed by Christians just for being a proud Atheist who wears a "Kill all Christians" t-shirt. I think that the government should do more to stop the plague of Christianity that is destroying society. We must spread the truth of atheism and put Christians into re-education centers where they should be lovingly required to read Christopher Hawkins and be lovingly required to be lovingly electrocuted if they refuse to reject their dogmatic indoctrination.
essayjay243
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 6:45:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 6:31:31 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

If you're going to troll, could you at least try to be a competent troll? This is a pretty lame attempt at trolling. One of the worst I've seen.

You should try to reject your dogma and indoctrination of Christianity. I believe that Christians are sickos and want to deprive us of our rights. I am frequently harrassed by Christians just for being a proud Atheist who wears a "Kill all Christians" t-shirt. I think that the government should do more to stop the plague of Christianity that is destroying society. We must spread the truth of atheism and put Christians into re-education centers where they should be lovingly required to read Christopher Hawkins and be lovingly required to be lovingly electrocuted if they refuse to reject their dogmatic indoctrination. We should phase out Christianity and Christian people with loving deprivation of life for Christians who refuse to convert to atheism.
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 6:52:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 6:37:51 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:31:31 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

If you're going to troll, could you at least try to be a competent troll? This is a pretty lame attempt at trolling. One of the worst I've seen.

You are calling the kettle black here. Atheism is the truth, the light, and the truth. Christianity is nothing but a cloud of ignorance, indoctrination, and hyprocrisy. I believe that religion should be exterminated and religious people should be sent into re-education centres and re-educated/loved until they convert to atheism because Christians are sickos and evil people of evilness.

And what gives you the right to do any of that? I'll believe what I like. No one can change what I believe. Not you, not the government. No one. God is eternal. Christianity is here to stay. You will meet God one day. I fear that it will not go well for you.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 6:59:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 6:33:36 PM, debletar wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

This is why I dislike atheists. You see, atheists are practically the pot calling the mirror black here.
So you think atheists are just a reflection of Christians?

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

Religion is a lie and Christianity is not a religion, it is a personal relationship with God.
What a load! This is the problem with Christians - they believe anything they're told by other Christians. Sorry blood-worshiper, Christianity IS A RELIGION.
It fits every accepted definition for "religion" and it was derived from other religions. Your baptism, passover, Christmas, salvation, miracles and most of the rest, all came from older pagan religions. Look it up!

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

The Bible is true and the "an eye for an eye" thing is a myth and Jesus actually spoke out against it in the sermon on the hill.
The Bible is just a collection of old writings, all written by men. It contains not a single word Jesus ever said. And if you think it does, that only shows how little you know about the Bible.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

Ad hominem: Atheists are better than Christians, therefore atheism is false
No, the point is that more intelligent people are more capable of recognizing a fairytale when they hear it. Therefore, when we hear the Christian fairytales in the Bible, it's easy for us to recognize that it's not true. And it's really not that difficult. I'll give you a quick pointer; when you read a book which talks about wizards, witches, unicorns, talking snakes, sea monsters, dragons and zombies... it's fiction.

Let me guess, you must be a maoist who wants to replace God with an omnipotent police state! Look at stalin and mao their mass murderers and this proves atheism false and a lie.
Nothing about disbelief in God is any kind of promotion of a police state. Dump the strawman.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
kajvalmer
Posts: 9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 7:01:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 6:52:02 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:37:51 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:31:31 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

If you're going to troll, could you at least try to be a competent troll? This is a pretty lame attempt at trolling. One of the worst I've seen.

You are calling the kettle black here. Atheism is the truth, the light, and the truth. Christianity is nothing but a cloud of ignorance, indoctrination, and hyprocrisy. I believe that religion should be exterminated and religious people should be sent into re-education centres and re-educated/loved until they convert to atheism because Christians are sickos and evil people of evilness.

And what gives you the right to do any of that? I'll believe what I like. No one can change what I believe. Not you, not the government. No one. God is eternal. Christianity is here to stay. You will meet God one day. I fear that it will not go well for you.

You are a sicko! Try and brainwash and indocrtinate me and proslytize to me! Just do it!
jh1234l
Posts: 580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 7:04:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 7:01:38 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:52:02 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:37:51 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:31:31 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

If you're going to troll, could you at least try to be a competent troll? This is a pretty lame attempt at trolling. One of the worst I've seen.

You are calling the kettle black here. Atheism is the truth, the light, and the truth. Christianity is nothing but a cloud of ignorance, indoctrination, and hyprocrisy. I believe that religion should be exterminated and religious people should be sent into re-education centres and re-educated/loved until they convert to atheism because Christians are sickos and evil people of evilness.

And what gives you the right to do any of that? I'll believe what I like. No one can change what I believe. Not you, not the government. No one. God is eternal. Christianity is here to stay. You will meet God one day. I fear that it will not go well for you.

You are a sicko! Try and brainwash and indocrtinate me and proslytize to me! Just do it!

Calling someone else a sicko because of their faith and acting as if that disproves their arguments is an "ad hominem":

"The person is a sicko, therefore their argument is false."

Whether or not someone else is a sicko does not have any relevance to their argument's legitimacy, and Christians are not "sickos".
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
kajvalmer
Posts: 9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 7:05:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 7:04:07 PM, jh1234l wrote:
At 9/11/2014 7:01:38 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:52:02 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:37:51 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:31:31 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

If you're going to troll, could you at least try to be a competent troll? This is a pretty lame attempt at trolling. One of the worst I've seen.

You are calling the kettle black here. Atheism is the truth, the light, and the truth. Christianity is nothing but a cloud of ignorance, indoctrination, and hyprocrisy. I believe that religion should be exterminated and religious people should be sent into re-education centres and re-educated/loved until they convert to atheism because Christians are sickos and evil people of evilness.

And what gives you the right to do any of that? I'll believe what I like. No one can change what I believe. Not you, not the government. No one. God is eternal. Christianity is here to stay. You will meet God one day. I fear that it will not go well for you.

You are a sicko! Try and brainwash and indocrtinate me and proslytize to me! Just do it!

Calling someone else a sicko because of their faith and acting as if that disproves their arguments is an "ad hominem":

"The person is a sicko, therefore their argument is false."

Whether or not someone else is a sicko does not have any relevance to their argument's legitimacy, and Christians are not "sickos".

YOU must be a sicko Christian too! I hate you!
jh1234l
Posts: 580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 7:08:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 7:05:01 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 7:04:07 PM, jh1234l wrote:
At 9/11/2014 7:01:38 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:52:02 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:37:51 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:31:31 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

If you're going to troll, could you at least try to be a competent troll? This is a pretty lame attempt at trolling. One of the worst I've seen.

You are calling the kettle black here. Atheism is the truth, the light, and the truth. Christianity is nothing but a cloud of ignorance, indoctrination, and hyprocrisy. I believe that religion should be exterminated and religious people should be sent into re-education centres and re-educated/loved until they convert to atheism because Christians are sickos and evil people of evilness.

And what gives you the right to do any of that? I'll believe what I like. No one can change what I believe. Not you, not the government. No one. God is eternal. Christianity is here to stay. You will meet God one day. I fear that it will not go well for you.

You are a sicko! Try and brainwash and indocrtinate me and proslytize to me! Just do it!

Calling someone else a sicko because of their faith and acting as if that disproves their arguments is an "ad hominem":

"The person is a sicko, therefore their argument is false."

Whether or not someone else is a sicko does not have any relevance to their argument's legitimacy, and Christians are not "sickos".

YOU must be a sicko Christian too! I hate you!

That's a red herring: you did not respond to my point or say anything relevant to the discussion, at all.
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 7:14:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 7:04:07 PM, jh1234l wrote:
At 9/11/2014 7:01:38 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:52:02 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:37:51 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:31:31 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

If you're going to troll, could you at least try to be a competent troll? This is a pretty lame attempt at trolling. One of the worst I've seen.

You are calling the kettle black here. Atheism is the truth, the light, and the truth. Christianity is nothing but a cloud of ignorance, indoctrination, and hyprocrisy. I believe that religion should be exterminated and religious people should be sent into re-education centres and re-educated/loved until they convert to atheism because Christians are sickos and evil people of evilness.

And what gives you the right to do any of that? I'll believe what I like. No one can change what I believe. Not you, not the government. No one. God is eternal. Christianity is here to stay. You will meet God one day. I fear that it will not go well for you.

You are a sicko! Try and brainwash and indocrtinate me and proslytize to me! Just do it!

Calling someone else a sicko because of their faith and acting as if that disproves their arguments is an "ad hominem":

"The person is a sicko, therefore their argument is false."

Whether or not someone else is a sicko does not have any relevance to their argument's legitimacy, and Christians are not "sickos".

Well, in actuality.... you all believe that Jesus was innocent and punished for things he never did. And the concept of transferable responsibility is pretty sick. If a billionaire decides he wants to become a serial killer but because he lives in a society which adopts the concept of transferable responsibility, he can just pay someone else to serve his time in prison each time he's caught and convicted, wouldn't that be pretty sicko?

And yet, while you all claim that Jesus was totally innocent and therefore, punished unjustly, you're all eager to profit from this injustice by accepting the supposed salvation his blood-thirsty father is now willing to offer because he doesn't care who suffers and bleeds, just as long as someone does (which is also pretty sick).

If you wouldn't be willing to pound the nails into Jesus' flesh, you shouldn't be willing to accept anything offered from it. To accept it, is to be complicit in the injustice...

... and that's just sick.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 7:33:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 7:14:11 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/11/2014 7:04:07 PM, jh1234l wrote:
At 9/11/2014 7:01:38 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:52:02 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:37:51 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:31:31 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

If you're going to troll, could you at least try to be a competent troll? This is a pretty lame attempt at trolling. One of the worst I've seen.

You are calling the kettle black here. Atheism is the truth, the light, and the truth. Christianity is nothing but a cloud of ignorance, indoctrination, and hyprocrisy. I believe that religion should be exterminated and religious people should be sent into re-education centres and re-educated/loved until they convert to atheism because Christians are sickos and evil people of evilness.

And what gives you the right to do any of that? I'll believe what I like. No one can change what I believe. Not you, not the government. No one. God is eternal. Christianity is here to stay. You will meet God one day. I fear that it will not go well for you.

You are a sicko! Try and brainwash and indocrtinate me and proslytize to me! Just do it!

Calling someone else a sicko because of their faith and acting as if that disproves their arguments is an "ad hominem":

"The person is a sicko, therefore their argument is false."

Whether or not someone else is a sicko does not have any relevance to their argument's legitimacy, and Christians are not "sickos".

Well, in actuality.... you all believe that Jesus was innocent and punished for things he never did. And the concept of transferable responsibility is pretty sick. If a billionaire decides he wants to become a serial killer but because he lives in a society which adopts the concept of transferable responsibility, he can just pay someone else to serve his time in prison each time he's caught and convicted, wouldn't that be pretty sicko?

And yet, while you all claim that Jesus was totally innocent and therefore, punished unjustly, you're all eager to profit from this injustice by accepting the supposed salvation his blood-thirsty father is now willing to offer because he doesn't care who suffers and bleeds ...

Who said (and I mean other than you, since you don't count) that God is or ever was willing to offer salvation on the basis that someone must suffer and bleed, but He doesn't care who? I'd like a Bible passage that even implies such a teaching.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
steffon66
Posts: 240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 7:39:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

im an atheist and even i think this is a horrible argument. there is no proof that atheists have a higher iq and commit more crime. what statistics prove that? ive never been asked what i believe when ive been arrested nor have i ever heard of anyone being asked what they believe upon arrest. id continue to bash your argument but i dont want to get into an argument with an incompetent person.
steffon66
Posts: 240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 7:44:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 6:33:36 PM, debletar wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

This is why I dislike atheists. You see, atheists are practically the pot calling the mirror black here.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

Religion is a lie and Christianity is not a religion, it is a personal relationship with God.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

The Bible is true and the "an eye for an eye" thing is a myth and Jesus actually spoke out against it in the sermon on the hill.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

Ad hominem: Atheists are better than Christians, therefore atheism is false

Let me guess, you must be a maoist who wants to replace God with an omnipotent police state! Look at stalin and mao their mass murderers and this proves atheism false and a lie.

id agree to the statement that this retard had a horrible argument but your argument is no better. atheism is not a lie its a lack of belief. it has no content and it is not a philosophical position. an atheist is simply someone who has read the claims in the bible and found them to be laughably ridiculous. in science when one pretends to know something they dont they get laughed at and their career is ruined. in religion its required of you to pretend to know something you dont. and please explain how two peoples actions disprove atheism. thats ridiculous. the problem with facism and communism inst that they dont have a religion its that they are too much like religion.
steffon66
Posts: 240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 7:48:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 6:37:51 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:31:31 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

If you're going to troll, could you at least try to be a competent troll? This is a pretty lame attempt at trolling. One of the worst I've seen.

You are calling the kettle black here. Atheism is the truth, the light, and the truth. Christianity is nothing but a cloud of ignorance, indoctrination, and hyprocrisy. I believe that religion should be exterminated and religious people should be sent into re-education centres and re-educated/loved until they convert to atheism because Christians are sickos and evil people of evilness.

holy shi*! i cant find a competent argument on this forum. what is wrong with all of you? christians are sickos and evil people of evilness? atheism is the TRUTH, the light, and the TRUTH? LMAO! im an atheist too but people like you are making me look bad on this sight.
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 7:51:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
steffon66
Posts: 240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 8:06:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 6:52:02 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:37:51 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:31:31 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

If you're going to troll, could you at least try to be a competent troll? This is a pretty lame attempt at trolling. One of the worst I've seen.

You are calling the kettle black here. Atheism is the truth, the light, and the truth. Christianity is nothing but a cloud of ignorance, indoctrination, and hyprocrisy. I believe that religion should be exterminated and religious people should be sent into re-education centres and re-educated/loved until they convert to atheism because Christians are sickos and evil people of evilness.

And what gives you the right to do any of that? I'll believe what I like. No one can change what I believe. Not you, not the government. No one. God is eternal. Christianity is here to stay. You will meet God one day. I fear that it will not go well for you.

all i see on here is horrible opinions with no arguments. this is the worste forum i have ever seen on this sight with the most incompetent people. your the most competent person ive found on here so far. the only problem i have with your post is you just state your dogmatic belief with no supporting argument. im an agnostic/atheist. and christianity is here to stay? no religion was ever there to stay. eventually all gods die and go to the gigantic sematary we call mythology because we outgrow them. as time goes on our moralities change and the bible is way outdated. its funny how christians think its appropriate to ignore passages that a perfect god wrote himself. if christianity were truly written by a perfect all knowing god it would stand out like a sore thumb. poeple wouldnt believe any other religion because it would be obvious that it wasnt produced by humans. when it says stuff like slavery is appropriate, killing kids for the sins of their parents is appropriate, beating your women and slaves to death for disobedience is appropriate and stuff like that its impossible for a rational person to believe it was written by a perfect god.

our ability to harm ourselves has grown to the point that we could bring on the next apocalypse ourselves and we still draw our visions of how to live in this world and our morality from ancient literature that was written back when people clearly didnt know right from wrong. christianity has opposed almost every moral progress in the world. the bible isnt why we dont own slaves anymore or beat our women for disobeying us or stone women for getting raped. the bible is actually why we did these things. your god is unworthy of worship. no tyrant has been responsible for a hundredth of the massacres that your god has been responsible for. and your god has been responsible for more cruelty and torture than all the people who ever lived combined. your religion and others are the principal enemy of moral progress in the world and i look forward to a day when we call it mythology too. it is illogical to think god throws us in hell for not believing in his book when he didnt write his book in the beginning and only just recently wrote it. its illogical to think a perfect god would allow evil religions written by man (mythology) stood while god gave us no knowledge untill just 2000 years ago. its illogical to believe god is perfect and he tortures people for eternity for victimless sins and wishing eternal damnation on people who are better than you morally is the epitome of hate and gratuitous hate at that. have a nice day dude.
ChrisL
Posts: 136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 8:35:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 8:06:24 PM, steffon66 wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:52:02 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:37:51 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:31:31 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

If you're going to troll, could you at least try to be a competent troll? This is a pretty lame attempt at trolling. One of the worst I've seen.

You are calling the kettle black here. Atheism is the truth, the light, and the truth. Christianity is nothing but a cloud of ignorance, indoctrination, and hyprocrisy. I believe that religion should be exterminated and religious people should be sent into re-education centres and re-educated/loved until they convert to atheism because Christians are sickos and evil people of evilness.

And what gives you the right to do any of that? I'll believe what I like. No one can change what I believe. Not you, not the government. No one. God is eternal. Christianity is here to stay. You will meet God one day. I fear that it will not go well for you.

all i see on here is horrible opinions with no arguments. this is the worste forum i have ever seen on this sight with the most incompetent people. your the most competent person ive found on here so far. the only problem i have with your post is you just state your dogmatic belief with no supporting argument. im an agnostic/atheist. and christianity is here to stay? no religion was ever there to stay. eventually all gods die and go to the gigantic sematary we call mythology because we outgrow them. as time goes on our moralities change and the bible is way outdated. its funny how christians think its appropriate to ignore passages that a perfect god wrote himself. if christianity were truly written by a perfect all knowing god it would stand out like a sore thumb. poeple wouldnt believe any other religion because it would be obvious that it wasnt produced by humans. when it says stuff like slavery is appropriate, killing kids for the sins of their parents is appropriate, beating your women and slaves to death for disobedience is appropriate and stuff like that its impossible for a rational person to believe it was written by a perfect god.

Honest question for you. Have you even tried to here meaningful Christian scholarship address the arguments you raise. Just saying, I've taken the time to listen to to lectures by people like Dan Barker and Matt Dillihunty. I listen to their response to the common Christian arguments. Have you ever really done that. If so then who? (I'm not being hostile, I just wanna know how fair you are being in your study). Thx
ChrisL
Posts: 136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 9:13:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 9:11:17 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
This thread gets a 0/10.

Hey, did you get my message? I sent it a couple days ago.
steffon66
Posts: 240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 9:30:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 8:35:57 PM, ChrisL wrote:
At 9/11/2014 8:06:24 PM, steffon66 wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:52:02 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:37:51 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:31:31 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

If you're going to troll, could you at least try to be a competent troll? This is a pretty lame attempt at trolling. One of the worst I've seen.

You are calling the kettle black here. Atheism is the truth, the light, and the truth. Christianity is nothing but a cloud of ignorance, indoctrination, and hyprocrisy. I believe that religion should be exterminated and religious people should be sent into re-education centres and re-educated/loved until they convert to atheism because Christians are sickos and evil people of evilness.

And what gives you the right to do any of that? I'll believe what I like. No one can change what I believe. Not you, not the government. No one. God is eternal. Christianity is here to stay. You will meet God one day. I fear that it will not go well for you.

all i see on here is horrible opinions with no arguments. this is the worste forum i have ever seen on this sight with the most incompetent people. your the most competent person ive found on here so far. the only problem i have with your post is you just state your dogmatic belief with no supporting argument. im an agnostic/atheist. and christianity is here to stay? no religion was ever there to stay. eventually all gods die and go to the gigantic sematary we call mythology because we outgrow them. as time goes on our moralities change and the bible is way outdated. its funny how christians think its appropriate to ignore passages that a perfect god wrote himself. if christianity were truly written by a perfect all knowing god it would stand out like a sore thumb. poeple wouldnt believe any other religion because it would be obvious that it wasnt produced by humans. when it says stuff like slavery is appropriate, killing kids for the sins of their parents is appropriate, beating your women and slaves to death for disobedience is appropriate and stuff like that its impossible for a rational person to believe it was written by a perfect god.

Honest question for you. Have you even tried to here meaningful Christian scholarship address the arguments you raise. Just saying, I've taken the time to listen to to lectures by people like Dan Barker and Matt Dillihunty. I listen to their response to the common Christian arguments. Have you ever really done that. If so then who? (I'm not being hostile, I just wanna know how fair you are being in your study). Thx

i have listened to... well i dont know who all ive listened to and read about but ive gotten a lot of theological defenses to some of the arguments i used but cant find defenses for most of my arguments. the last problem with the bible i raised was that in genesis when god told adam about the tree of knowledge all he said was that WHEN you eat from it you will surely die. the literal meaning of this sentence is that when you eat from the tree you will die that day which was a lie. also he didnt mention the consequences such as evil and judgement which surely would have kept them from eating from the tree and he should have told them what the devil told them which was "you will not surely die for god knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened and you will be like god knowing right from wrong. this is true. so god lied and withheld important truths while the devil told them the truth. the theological defense for this is that death means spiritual death but they are adding a word that isnt there. the definition of death is the end of a person or organisms life. so clearly this is a lie. the bible seems ridiculous to me and every defense and almost every argument ive heard by theologians is ridiculous and they are always adding words that arent there and even taking away words that arent there. these arent logical interpretations. not to mention they cant explain away the moral problems in the bible. they say that these things were appropriate in their time but they cant explain how harming a child for the sins of their parent was appropriate then while it is horrible now. they cant explain how beating your slave to death is appropriate back then but isnt appropriate now. they cant explain how beating or whipping your wife for not obeying your every command was appropriate then while it is horrible now.... well i could do this all day but bottom line i tried to be a christian and my observations and analyses made that impossible. the only religious leader i like though i still dont believe him was buddha who said many things ive been saying sense i was 18 before i knew anything about him. one of these things was do not beleive in anything simply because you have heard it. do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many. do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations etc. but after observation and analyses when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conductive of the good and benefit of one and all then accept it and live up to it. the bible doesnt agree with my reason and it is not conductive of the good and benefit of one and all. so cant accept it but ive more than lived up to it. my morality is far superior to the that of the bible and it scares me that people still make their decisions based on ancient literature that was written at a time when people clearly didnt know right from wrong. and if they knew right from wrong we dont because our moralities are contradictory.
Evannnn
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2014 9:36:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

Why the hell are you even posting this. Isint all of this a given, and very, very obvious?
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 12:50:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 7:33:45 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/11/2014 7:14:11 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/11/2014 7:04:07 PM, jh1234l wrote:
At 9/11/2014 7:01:38 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:52:02 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:37:51 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:31:31 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

If you're going to troll, could you at least try to be a competent troll? This is a pretty lame attempt at trolling. One of the worst I've seen.

You are calling the kettle black here. Atheism is the truth, the light, and the truth. Christianity is nothing but a cloud of ignorance, indoctrination, and hyprocrisy. I believe that religion should be exterminated and religious people should be sent into re-education centres and re-educated/loved until they convert to atheism because Christians are sickos and evil people of evilness.

And what gives you the right to do any of that? I'll believe what I like. No one can change what I believe. Not you, not the government. No one. God is eternal. Christianity is here to stay. You will meet God one day. I fear that it will not go well for you.

You are a sicko! Try and brainwash and indocrtinate me and proslytize to me! Just do it!

Calling someone else a sicko because of their faith and acting as if that disproves their arguments is an "ad hominem":

"The person is a sicko, therefore their argument is false."

Whether or not someone else is a sicko does not have any relevance to their argument's legitimacy, and Christians are not "sickos".

Well, in actuality.... you all believe that Jesus was innocent and punished for things he never did. And the concept of transferable responsibility is pretty sick. If a billionaire decides he wants to become a serial killer but because he lives in a society which adopts the concept of transferable responsibility, he can just pay someone else to serve his time in prison each time he's caught and convicted, wouldn't that be pretty sicko?

And yet, while you all claim that Jesus was totally innocent and therefore, punished unjustly, you're all eager to profit from this injustice by accepting the supposed salvation his blood-thirsty father is now willing to offer because he doesn't care who suffers and bleeds ...

Who said (and I mean other than you, since you don't count) that God is or ever was willing to offer salvation on the basis that someone must suffer and bleed, but He doesn't care who? I'd like a Bible passage that even implies such a teaching.

Nice (and typical) attempt to evade the point. Did Jesus die for sins he committed? If not, then focus on the point.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 1:47:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/12/2014 12:50:58 AM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/11/2014 7:33:45 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/11/2014 7:14:11 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/11/2014 7:04:07 PM, jh1234l wrote:
At 9/11/2014 7:01:38 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:52:02 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:37:51 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:31:31 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

If you're going to troll, could you at least try to be a competent troll? This is a pretty lame attempt at trolling. One of the worst I've seen.

You are calling the kettle black here. Atheism is the truth, the light, and the truth. Christianity is nothing but a cloud of ignorance, indoctrination, and hyprocrisy. I believe that religion should be exterminated and religious people should be sent into re-education centres and re-educated/loved until they convert to atheism because Christians are sickos and evil people of evilness.

And what gives you the right to do any of that? I'll believe what I like. No one can change what I believe. Not you, not the government. No one. God is eternal. Christianity is here to stay. You will meet God one day. I fear that it will not go well for you.

You are a sicko! Try and brainwash and indocrtinate me and proslytize to me! Just do it!

Calling someone else a sicko because of their faith and acting as if that disproves their arguments is an "ad hominem":

"The person is a sicko, therefore their argument is false."

Whether or not someone else is a sicko does not have any relevance to their argument's legitimacy, and Christians are not "sickos".

Well, in actuality.... you all believe that Jesus was innocent and punished for things he never did. And the concept of transferable responsibility is pretty sick. If a billionaire decides he wants to become a serial killer but because he lives in a society which adopts the concept of transferable responsibility, he can just pay someone else to serve his time in prison each time he's caught and convicted, wouldn't that be pretty sicko?

And yet, while you all claim that Jesus was totally innocent and therefore, punished unjustly, you're all eager to profit from this injustice by accepting the supposed salvation his blood-thirsty father is now willing to offer because he doesn't care who suffers and bleeds ...

Who said (and I mean other than you, since you don't count) that God is or ever was willing to offer salvation on the basis that someone must suffer and bleed, but He doesn't care who? I'd like a Bible passage that even implies such a teaching.

Nice (and typical) attempt to evade the point. Did Jesus die for sins he committed? If not, then focus on the point.

This was the question:

"Who said (and I mean other than you, since you don't count) that God is or ever was willing to offer salvation on the basis that someone must suffer and bleed, but He doesn't care who?"

You never answered. I, however, will: No, Jesus did not die for sins He Himself committed. Now you can back up and try.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 3:02:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
As an atheist, I believe that religious people are blind to the truth.

For example, religious people hate evolution and want to prevent us from teaching it in science class. And guess what science says that religion is false. Religion is a lie that is indoctrinated into kids and we are the victims of that type of brainwashing.

The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge. I know that and atheists know more about the Bible then Christians and atheists are more open minded and the Bible is the best advertisement for atheism.

Did you know that atheists have higher IQ and morality then Christians and commit less crime. This proves that Christianity is indoctrination.

So, I have to ask, where did you learn this? This, too be blunt, looks like the results of reading a site like evilbible. com rather than someone who was persuing and academic investigation from a secular library, or who was surfing the Bible and discovered ... well, you will soon see why I have some concerns about the integrity of these claims.

#1 - 'Religion' does not reject evolution. Some religious people do. Yet the largest Christian faith in the world, the Catholic Church, openly embraces it - as does my own church, which openly stresses a difference bewteen 'spirtual' interpretation (i.e. the moral lesson of the parable) and 'temporal' interpretation (i.e. the physical reality of the claim).

In fact, evolution itself does nothing to disprove any religious statements, as the origins of life from inanimate objects is ... hardly a statistical reality.

#2 - Brainwashing. This is straight from Richard Dawkins, whose acerbic claims that parenting is a form of child abuse ... er, because parents teach their kids something he disagrees with is ... huge overstep and broad arrogance. Dawkins poistion of religion is widely dismissed as hate mongering.

Why would you assume that religious people are brainwashed? Did you just accept the notion upon sight?

#3 - Stoning of women. Jesus rather studious states that we are NOT to do this. Olt Testament Law, while still binding has long been separated from his initial brutal punishment. Thsi temperance of justice with mercy can be traced to ... Jesus.

#4 - Though there are polls about specific information where atheists sometime pool ahead, the reality is that they are often horrifically unfamilar with basic Biblical Claims and principles. Grace, atonement, God's Plan of Salvation, are often poorly understood by atheists. In point of fact, why would you, as an atheist with 'more' knowledge raise stoning as an issue apparently bereft of knowledge Jesus's actions regarding that very issue?

Do we put our faith in polls rather than study?

#5 - Open mindedness. If you are accusing all others of being brainwashed and stoning, are you displaying 'open mindedness'?

#6 - Higher IQ. This is cadswallop. When testing the divergence between atheists and thesists is less than 1% and is a divergence of less than a single point. That is within the bounds of statistical variance we would expect when testing pools of humanity, and is dismissed as negligible. There is no discernable difference in intellectual capability demonstrated whatsoever.

It is a bit like two people making $1 million a year, and one making one cent more and thus claiming he is 'richer'. Its a point of minutia so incredulous that it bears asking why it would even be mentioned - much less introduced as a point of honor. It would appear to be a desperate gambit of one ups manship rather than significant differentiation.

#7 - Less Crime? Again, the numbers here are interesting, and while atheists count agnostics and the non-religious as representing the growing influence of secualr atheism on humanity - in prison studies used to make these claims, the same body of people - a full 20% of the respondants are not counted - leaving only those who openly identify as atheists to be counted (a place where there are strong cultural reasons to avoid this disclosure). The non-religious are a higher percentage, and if even a 1/4 of the uncounted are 'atheists' in reality, then the proportion of atheists in jail is actually higher.

Do you honestly believe that atheism magically free you from human frailty? That you no longer make mistakes or exercise poor judgement? Ever? Or so rarely that its barely worth mentioning?

#8 - Indoctrination. Not surprisingly, all of these claims are claims that are routinely made from the atheist community. Every one of them has been heard on this, and every other forum, on the internet. It raises the question:

How does a random person reading the Bible, come up with the ... not just same interpretation ... but same MIS-INTERPRETATION?

It stretches credulity to the utmost to believe that thousands of people are sitting and reading a Bible incorrectly exactly the same way indepednat of one another. It stands to reason that this is the result of indoctrination. A program of atheist out reach that educate their followers. In principle, there is nothing wrong with this. We SHOULD be educating people.

However, I am concerned that this education is nihilistic in nature. Rather than teaching atheists to be good atheists (i.e. direct them to humanistic alternatives) it is directing them to erroneous claims of magical superior morality - to paraphrase - unrealstic expactations like, "Congratulations on being atheist! You are unlikely to ever go to jail now!" The eucation about rape, genocide, stoning, etc. pop up all the time, and there is something preverse about setting up young people to accuse innocent people of supporting the stoning of women.

In this, I'd call atheist organizations to task for what is clearly an indoctrinated response from someone who has not followed the claims of basic fact checking on even the most incredulous claims - as if, yes, I was about to head down and stone that blonde frau ... until you called me on it! Thanks bro!

It begs the question: Where did you learn this?
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 12:13:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge.

It seems to me that you have not read the whole Bible, or you just don't understand what you read.

At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
I know that and atheists know more about the Bible

D
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 12:38:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/12/2014 12:13:34 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
The Bible is a evil lie. It says that we should stone women to death and that we should do an eye for an eye and revenge.

It seems to me that you have not read the whole Bible, or you just don't understand what you read.

At 9/11/2014 6:25:12 PM, kajvalmer wrote:
I know that and atheists know more about the Bible

D
Do snakes talk? Is there enough water on Earth to flood the Earth? Do baby goats obtain the pattern in their fur based on what the parents saw as they were copulating? The Bible claims all of those things. Do giants, unicorns, zombies and dragons exist? The Bible claims they do (or did).

Is it moral to keep slaves and rape women as a form of punishment? The Bible claims they are.

It seems to me that YOU haven't read it.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire