Jump to topic:

The theist bluff

Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 3:20:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Theists are constantly giving non-theists various reasons why we can't find God. But the reality is that theists haven't found God either. They claim to have found God, but every description is different, and their interpretations of "God's word" are different. Some declare that they are "saved" by works. Others claim they are "saved" by belief. Still others claim it requires both belief and works.

Why don't they know for certain, and why don't they all believe the same thing? Because they can't find God, and they don't have "God's word". Most non-theists realize that there is no need for salvation, because salvation is a fraudulent claim in the first place. If God is threatening you with Hell, but will withdraw that threat if you do what he wants, that's "extortion", not "salvation". Salvation involves protecting someone from a threat not presented by the savior.

If I push you into the water and then offer to rescue you only if you give me your car, I'm not your savior when you give me your car and I fish you out of the water. According to the Bible, God designed us and then presented us with a set of rules beyond the nature of our design. So God "pushed you into the water" (figuratively), and is now offering to save you from the peril he has placed you in, only under certain conditions. Once again; that's "extortion", not "salvation".

Theists have not a shred of objective evidence that their God actually exists, yet they have the nerve to claim they have "found God", and that those who disbelieve, haven't found God for various reasons - sometimes including the claim of "spiritual death". Well, spirituality is something else for which theists haven't a shred of evidence.

So to the theists here (and everywhere), I haven't found God, or spirits, or the Grinch or Santa Claus... and neither have you.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 3:45:54 PM
Does anybody here know that the Death Note anime ending deviates significantly from the Death Note manga ending?
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 4:26:42 PM
At 9/12/2014 3:20:26 PM, Beastt wrote:
Theists are constantly giving non-theists various reasons why we can't find God. But the reality is that theists haven't found God either. They claim to have found God, but every description is different, and their interpretations of "God's word" are different. Some declare that they are "saved" by works. Others claim they are "saved" by belief. Still others claim it requires both belief and works.

Why don't they know for certain, and why don't they all believe the same thing? Because they can't find God, and they don't have "God's word". Most non-theists realize that there is no need for salvation, because salvation is a fraudulent claim in the first place. If God is threatening you with Hell, but will withdraw that threat if you do what he wants, that's "extortion", not "salvation". Salvation involves protecting someone from a threat not presented by the savior.

If I push you into the water and then offer to rescue you only if you give me your car, I'm not your savior when you give me your car and I fish you out of the water. According to the Bible, God designed us and then presented us with a set of rules beyond the nature of our design. So God "pushed you into the water" (figuratively), and is now offering to save you from the peril he has placed you in, only under certain conditions. Once again; that's "extortion", not "salvation".

Theists have not a shred of objective evidence that their God actually exists, yet they have the nerve to claim they have "found God", and that those who disbelieve, haven't found God for various reasons - sometimes including the claim of "spiritual death". Well, spirituality is something else for which theists haven't a shred of evidence.

So to the theists here (and everywhere), I haven't found God, or spirits, or the Grinch or Santa Claus... and neither have you.

The blatherings of the bad logician who, like all atheists, never gets it, that his whole social traditions are founded on religious visionaries no matter what contradictions exist in individual religious texts, no matter what beliefs are put forward, they all work towards moving social evolution ahead. And that's the point of religion. Moral evolution. It's been going on since the first caveman said "no" to bashing the brains of his rival and asking him to join in making a secure camp for the women and children.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 4:29:06 PM
At 9/12/2014 4:26:42 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:

The blatherings of the bad logician who, like all atheists, never gets it, that his whole social traditions are founded on religious visionaries no matter what contradictions exist in individual religious texts, no matter what beliefs are put forward, they all work towards moving social evolution ahead. And that's the point of religion. Moral evolution. It's been going on since the first caveman said "no" to bashing the brains of his rival and asking him to join in making a secure camp for the women and children.

Morality evolves independent of religious claims, as demonstrated by the fact that you don't live in a society which approves of honor-killings, slavery, rape (as a punishment) and genocide.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 10:54:36 PM

Maybe belief is a work.

More of your rhetoric. You need to shorten your posts a little: the longer posts make it difficult to single out and answer every error that you make.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 11:07:15 PM
At 9/12/2014 10:54:36 PM, annanicole wrote:

Maybe belief is a work.

More of your rhetoric. You need to shorten your posts a little: the longer posts make it difficult to single out and answer every error that you make.

You've made two errors here. The first is to suggest that I made any errors.
The second is to think that you could find an error, IF I made one.

You're incapable of reason. If you were to apply reason, you'd instantly realize that a story about a God who turns himself into his son so that he can be killed and return to himself as a sacrifice to himself so that he can satisfy his need for blood, is horrendously hokey, irrational, illogical and purely absurd. It virtually screams of pure fallacy, fantasy and bad fiction.

You wouldn't be able to tell if an atheist made an error or whether they were absolutely correct, because you can't even tell that a story about salvation (which is actually extortion) through a 2,000 year old zombie who never returns, is obvious baloney. If you allowed yourself to think logically and rationally, you'd instantly lose the capacity to retain your Christian beliefs.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2014 11:10:08 PM
At 9/12/2014 11:07:15 PM, Beastt wrote:

Maybe belief is a work.

I've found plenty of them.

You're incapable of reason. If you were to apply reason, you'd instantly realize that a story about a God who turns himself into his son so that he can be killed and return to himself as a sacrifice to himself so that he can satisfy his need for blood, is horrendously hokey, irrational, illogical and purely absurd. It virtually screams of pure fallacy, fantasy and bad fiction.

You wouldn't be able to tell if an atheist made an error or whether they were absolutely correct, because you can't even tell that a story about salvation (which is actually extortion) through a 2,000 year old zombie who never returns, is obvious baloney. If you allowed yourself to think logically and rationally, you'd instantly lose the capacity to retain your Christian beliefs.

.... and thus we see ... what? ... more nonsensical rhetoric. You are the atheist bornofgod.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 12:09:31 AM
At 9/12/2014 11:10:08 PM, annanicole wrote:

Maybe belief is a work.

.... and thus we see ... what? ... more nonsensical rhetoric. You are the atheist bornofgod.

In your tiny confused view of the world it is an error to utilize reason. That's why you spit venom when it is pointed out that dating "Mark" based on events it mentions is perfectly reasonable. This is where you invoke your magical fairy-God in order to believe in an earlier date.

Face it, Anna; you're an irrational little twit and your idea of an error is to not invoke miracles and magic when you want to retain a view of the world which is incompatible with reality.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 1:05:37 AM
At 9/13/2014 12:09:31 AM, Beastt wrote:

Maybe belief is a work.

In your tiny confused view of the world it is an error to utilize reason. That's why you spit venom when it is pointed out that dating "Mark" based on events it mentions is perfectly reasonable. This is where you invoke your magical fairy-God in order to believe in an earlier date.

Face it, Anna; you're an irrational little twit and your idea of an error is to not invoke miracles and magic when you want to retain a view of the world which is incompatible with reality.

More useless rhetoric.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 12:56:16 PM
At 9/13/2014 1:05:37 AM, annanicole wrote:

Maybe belief is a work.

More useless rhetoric.

I think he's given control of his account to bully. The nonsensical musings, littering the board with numerous troll turds......
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 1:08:00 PM
At 9/16/2014 12:56:16 PM, ethang5 wrote:

Maybe belief is a work.

More useless rhetoric.

I think he's given control of his account to bully. The nonsensical musings, littering the board with numerous troll turds......

I wouldn't doubt it.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 1:11:06 PM

tl;dr argument from disagreement.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 1:17:47 PM
Theists are constantly giving non-theists various reasons why we can't find God. But the reality is that theists haven't found God either. They claim to have found God, but every description is different, and their interpretations of "God's word" are different.

" everyone who loves is born of God, and knows God. He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:7-8
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 2:02:20 PM
At 9/16/2014 1:17:47 PM, 12_13 wrote:
Theists are constantly giving non-theists various reasons why we can't find God. But the reality is that theists haven't found God either. They claim to have found God, but every description is different, and their interpretations of "God's word" are different.

" everyone who loves is born of God, and knows God. He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.

Which is an absolutely brilliant demonstration of how purely wrong the Bible is. Would you like to look in my eyes and tell me I don't know love? My fiance died of cancer a little over a year ago. I lived in the bedroom with her for months. I had a 2-way radio in case I needed to take the garbage out, water her outdoor flowers, or feed the neighborhood feral cats. That way, she could call me at a moment's notice. While she was in the hospital, I was in the room with her. When she was diagnosed with a "super-bug" (C-Diff), and hospital staff were required to gown-up and glove-up before entering her room, I stayed in the room with her 24/7, except to rush home and take care of our pets for about 90-minutes each day. I was her caregiver 24/7, waking every 4-hours to assure she received her medication, taking her to the restroom because she was too weak to walk, preparing her meals, paying her bills, cleaning her laundry, helping her dress, taking her to her appointments, and taking care of personal issues I won't specify out of love and respect for her. As difficult and hard as that was, I'd give anything to have that back. Do you really want to challenge that?

If I had been raised with the idea that "The Three Little Pigs" was a sacred text, and I continually cautioned you about the Big Bad Wolf, would you be swayed by "scripture" from "The Three Little Pigs"? Grow something atop that brain stem. Learn to reason instead of quoting a stupid book which does little more than continually demonstrate how ignorant, idiotic and purely incorrect its authors were.

Guess what?
Earth wasn't formed covered with water. That's not even possible. A planet must have an atmosphere to retain liquid water.
Earth didn't exist before stars; 89 of the 92 elements from which Earth is formed, were fused in stars. Stars existed first.
Without heat from the sun, Earth would be colder than 400-degrees below zero. The Bible claims plants were growing in that environment.

The entire book is so purely absurd, that one must be either a blithering idiot, or completely dead to reality in order to believe anything that silly old book says. Try to remember that the next time you think about posting an inane, ridiculous, idiotic and horrifically incorrect statement, from an old book of ignorance, which only demonstrates the pure idiocy of those who believe it to hold any value. It's barbaric. It's ignorant. It's wrong. And it makes for a very poor substitute for having an actual argument.

Now, was there any credible statement you wished to make?
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 3:11:57 PM
At 9/16/2014 1:11:06 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

ANYONE who claims to have read the entire tedious and ignorant Bible, yet responds to a four paragraph statement with TLDR (too long, didn't read), is a lying ashole! OF COURSE it's an "argument from disagreement". Show me an argument where nobody is disagreeing! But... it's not JUST an argument from disagreement. I've asked you questions, allowing you to shape the outcome. The problem is simply that if you answer those questions credibly, you'll only support MY argument, and defeat your own.

If you can't be bothered to read 4 short paragraphs, you need to find the kiddie debate forum with lots of pictures of little pink frogs, and dancing bears. This forum is for people who have attention spans of greater than 2-minutes.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 3:24:04 PM
At 9/16/2014 3:11:57 PM, Beastt wrote:

ANYONE who claims to have read the entire tedious and ignorant Bible, yet responds to a four paragraph statement with TLDR (too long, didn't read), is a lying ashole! OF COURSE it's an "argument from disagreement". Show me an argument where nobody is disagreeing! But... it's not JUST an argument from disagreement. I've asked you questions, allowing you to shape the outcome. The problem is simply that if you answer those questions credibly, you'll only support MY argument, and defeat your own.

If you can't be bothered to read 4 short paragraphs, you need to find the kiddie debate forum with lots of pictures of little pink frogs, and dancing bears. This forum is for people who have attention spans of greater than 2-minutes.

Lol, you have no idea what I was referencing do you? I was referencing a class of arguments that tries to infer from the fact of some disagreement about x to y (where "x" might be morality or religion ord "y" might be "moral realism is false" or "it is unwarranted to believe in any religion"). The problem is, generally speaking, they tend to be pretty bad arguments.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 3:42:35 PM
At 9/16/2014 3:24:04 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 9/16/2014 3:11:57 PM, Beastt wrote:

Lol, you have no idea what I was referencing do you? I was referencing a class of arguments that tries to infer from the fact of some disagreement about x to y (where "x" might be morality or religion ord "y" might be "moral realism is false" or "it is unwarranted to believe in any religion"). The problem is, generally speaking, they tend to be pretty bad arguments.

And yet, this one is substantial enough that you have now tried to evade it for the second time.

Theists have no more evidence for God than atheists have. And we have none, which is why we don't believe God exists. So you bluff and lie by trying to claim "personal evidence" and/or "spiritual knowledge". But for all of your claims you can't offer a shred of anything to support your silly bluffs.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 7:09:03 PM
At 9/16/2014 2:02:20 PM, Beastt wrote:

Which is an absolutely brilliant demonstration of how purely wrong the Bible is. Would you like to look in my eyes and tell me I don't know love? My fiance died of cancer a little over a year ago. I lived in the bedroom with her for months. I had a 2-way radio in case I needed to take the garbage out, water her outdoor flowers, or feed the neighborhood feral cats. That way, she could call me at a moment's notice. While she was in the hospital, I was in the room with her. When she was diagnosed with a "super-bug" (C-Diff), and hospital staff were required to gown-up and glove-up before entering her room, I stayed in the room with her 24/7, except to rush home and take care of our pets for about 90-minutes each day. I was her caregiver 24/7, waking every 4-hours to assure she received her medication, taking her to the restroom because she was too weak to walk, preparing her meals, paying her bills, cleaning her laundry, helping her dress, taking her to her appointments, and taking care of personal issues I won't specify out of love and respect for her. As difficult and hard as that was, I'd give anything to have that back. Do you really want to challenge that?

If I had been raised with the idea that "The Three Little Pigs" was a sacred text, and I continually cautioned you about the Big Bad Wolf, would you be swayed by "scripture" from "The Three Little Pigs"? Grow something atop that brain stem. Learn to reason instead of quoting a stupid book which does little more than continually demonstrate how ignorant, idiotic and purely incorrect its authors were.

Guess what?
Earth wasn't formed covered with water. That's not even possible. A planet must have an atmosphere to retain liquid water.
Earth didn't exist before stars; 89 of the 92 elements from which Earth is formed, were fused in stars. Stars existed first.
Without heat from the sun, Earth would be colder than 400-degrees below zero. The Bible claims plants were growing in that environment.

The entire book is so purely absurd, that one must be either a blithering idiot, or completely dead to reality in order to believe anything that silly old book says. Try to remember that the next time you think about posting an inane, ridiculous, idiotic and horrifically incorrect statement, from an old book of ignorance, which only demonstrates the pure idiocy of those who believe it to hold any value. It's barbaric. It's ignorant. It's wrong. And it makes for a very poor substitute for having an actual argument.

Yet another case of an angry "atheist" who rants against God.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 1:07:19 AM
At 9/16/2014 7:09:03 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

Guess what?

Yet another case of an angry "atheist" who rants against God.
Yet another case of a theist who has nothing to say but just has to lash out at rational thought. I haven't lashed out against God. I'm pointing out the absurdity of those who believe in God. Learn the difference.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 2:22:59 PM
Which is an absolutely brilliant demonstration of how purely wrong the Bible is. Would you like to look in my eyes and tell me I don't know love? My fiance died of cancer a little over a year ago.

I am sorry about that and I hope it don"t make you bitter.

Actually it doesn"t say so. That is your own false claim that seems to be based on false assumptions.

The entire book is so purely absurd,

Of course, if you make absurd assumptions. But it is not the Bible that is wrong but your baseless assumptions.
The_Immortal_Emris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 2:38:02 PM
At 9/12/2014 3:45:54 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Does anybody here know that the Death Note anime ending deviates significantly from the Death Note manga ending?

I do not know why, but I laughed so hard at this post. Something about the amount of effort Beast puts into his propaganda, and how you completely blanked him, just made me giggle.

Here, have a kudos, you can save that, and it will gather interest for you, and someday, you can retire on the oodles of kudos you have acquired. Congratulations on your path to success!
The_Immortal_Emris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 2:39:47 PM

Maybe belief is a work.

More useless rhetoric.

I notice you still haven't pointed out any errors. I've found a few, why can't you?