Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Why was Adam exempt from the transgression wh

GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 2:43:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL
Dragonfang
Posts: 1,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 2:58:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I assume you mean the Christian version.

1 Timothy 2:11-15
11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[b] she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing"if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

[a] 1 Timothy 2:11 Or wife; also in verse 12
[b] 1 Timothy 2:12 Or over her husband
[c] 1 Timothy 2:15 Greek she
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 5:58:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/13/2014 2:58:21 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
I assume you mean the Christian version.

1 Timothy 2:11-15
11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[b] she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing"if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

[a] 1 Timothy 2:11 Or wife; also in verse 12
[b] 1 Timothy 2:12 Or over her husband
[c] 1 Timothy 2:15 Greek she


You did not answer the O.P. in any way.

Could Eve somehow resist God's power used against her?
Impossible, right?

So why did God put Satan right there with her?

Regards
DL
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 6:13:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/13/2014 2:43:39 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

He wasn't exempt.

In fact, even though Eve was deceived, Adam is the one held responsible for the Fall of Mankind, not Eve.

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." (1 Cor. 15:22)

"Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come." (Romans 5:14)

"For as by one man"s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man"s obedience many will be made righteous." (Romans 5:19)

Etc., etc...


"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.


Again, Adam is the one held responsible for the Fall, not Eve.

Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

"Favor" was not the issue.

The marriage between Adam and Eve points to Christ and his Church.

The wife is to submit to her husband just as the Church is to submit to Christ.
And the husband is to love and care for his wife just as Christ loves and cares for the Church.

Look at Ephesians 5:22-33,

22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. 31 "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.


What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?


The transgression was NOT a wise decision at all!

I was outright disobedience to the command of God, which resulted in death and condemnation for the whole human race!


Romans 5:18-19,

"18 Therefore, as through one man"s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man"s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man"s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man"s obedience many will be made righteous."

And again,
Adam is the one responsible for the Fall, not Eve.

Finally,
Regarding:
"why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?"

I have no idea what you're basing that on.

I see no reason to believe that either one of them was "punished harder" than the other.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 6:28:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/13/2014 6:13:52 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 9/13/2014 2:43:39 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

He wasn't exempt.

In fact, even though Eve was deceived, Adam is the one held responsible for the Fall of Mankind, not Eve.

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." (1 Cor. 15:22)

"Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come." (Romans 5:14)

"For as by one man"s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man"s obedience many will be made righteous." (Romans 5:19)

Etc., etc...


"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.


Again, Adam is the one held responsible for the Fall, not Eve.


Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

"Favor" was not the issue.

The marriage between Adam and Eve points to Christ and his Church.

The wife is to submit to her husband just as the Church is to submit to Christ.
And the husband is to love and care for his wife just as Christ loves and cares for the Church.

Look at Ephesians 5:22-33,

22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. 31 "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.


What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?


The transgression was NOT a wise decision at all!

I was outright disobedience to the command of God, which resulted in death and condemnation for the whole human race!


Romans 5:18-19,

"18 Therefore, as through one man"s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man"s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man"s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man"s obedience many will be made righteous."

And again,
Adam is the one responsible for the Fall, not Eve.

Finally,
Regarding:
"why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?"

I have no idea what you're basing that on.

I see no reason to believe that either one of them was "punished harder" than the other.

Instead of one to reason with I get a thumper. Rather boring.
Is your quote automatically more powerful than mine?

Ecclesiasticus Chapter 25
24 Of the woman came the beginning of sin, and through her we all die.

If so I guess we are done already.

If you want to reason then come back.

You say the transgression was disobedience to God but your quotes say Eve did not disobey, she was deceived.

My quote agrees with you but not your quote.

See how difficult it gets when you use your faith instead of your intelligence?

Decide if you want to do this right or not. If you do, start over and deal with what I put and then I can deal with what you put.

Regards
DL
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 6:36:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/13/2014 6:28:29 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 9/13/2014 6:13:52 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 9/13/2014 2:43:39 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

He wasn't exempt.

In fact, even though Eve was deceived, Adam is the one held responsible for the Fall of Mankind, not Eve.

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." (1 Cor. 15:22)

"Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come." (Romans 5:14)

"For as by one man"s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man"s obedience many will be made righteous." (Romans 5:19)

Etc., etc...


"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.


Again, Adam is the one held responsible for the Fall, not Eve.


Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

"Favor" was not the issue.

The marriage between Adam and Eve points to Christ and his Church.

The wife is to submit to her husband just as the Church is to submit to Christ.
And the husband is to love and care for his wife just as Christ loves and cares for the Church.

Look at Ephesians 5:22-33,

22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. 31 "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.


What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?


The transgression was NOT a wise decision at all!

I was outright disobedience to the command of God, which resulted in death and condemnation for the whole human race!


Romans 5:18-19,

"18 Therefore, as through one man"s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man"s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man"s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man"s obedience many will be made righteous."

And again,
Adam is the one responsible for the Fall, not Eve.

Finally,
Regarding:
"why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?"

I have no idea what you're basing that on.

I see no reason to believe that either one of them was "punished harder" than the other.

Instead of one to reason with I get a thumper. Rather boring.
Is your quote automatically more powerful than mine?

Ecclesiasticus Chapter 25
24 Of the woman came the beginning of sin, and through her we all die.

If so I guess we are done already.

If you want to reason then come back.

You say the transgression was disobedience to God but your quotes say Eve did not disobey, she was deceived.

My quote agrees with you but not your quote.

See how difficult it gets when you use your faith instead of your intelligence?

Decide if you want to do this right or not. If you do, start over and deal with what I put and then I can deal with what you put.

Regards
DL

Oh, my mistake.
I thought you were asking an honest question.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 7:03:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/13/2014 6:13:52 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 9/13/2014 2:43:39 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

He wasn't exempt.

In fact, even though Eve was deceived, Adam is the one held responsible for the Fall of Mankind, not Eve.

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." (1 Cor. 15:22)

"Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come." (Romans 5:14)

"For as by one man"s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man"s obedience many will be made righteous." (Romans 5:19)

Etc., etc...


"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.


Again, Adam is the one held responsible for the Fall, not Eve.


Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

"Favor" was not the issue.

The marriage between Adam and Eve points to Christ and his Church.

The wife is to submit to her husband just as the Church is to submit to Christ.
And the husband is to love and care for his wife just as Christ loves and cares for the Church.

Look at Ephesians 5:22-33,

22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. 31 "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.


What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?


The transgression was NOT a wise decision at all!

I was outright disobedience to the command of God, which resulted in death and condemnation for the whole human race!


Romans 5:18-19,

"18 Therefore, as through one man"s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man"s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man"s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man"s obedience many will be made righteous."

And again,
Adam is the one responsible for the Fall, not Eve.

Finally,
Regarding:
"why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?"

I have no idea what you're basing that on.

I see no reason to believe that either one of them was "punished harder" than the other.

Your answer to this will tell you.
Who is to rule over who and isn't the one ruled punished harder than the ruler?

Could Eve somehow resist God's power used against her?
Impossible, right?

So why did God put Satan right there with her with his power to deceive?

As to all of us being condemn for Adams sin, what do these tell you from a moral POV.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

Also, what does this quote tell you?

Ecclesiasticus Chapter 25
24 Of the woman came the beginning of sin, and through her we all die.

I hope we can stop thumping and start discussing.

Regards
DL
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 7:07:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/13/2014 7:03:48 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 9/13/2014 6:13:52 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 9/13/2014 2:43:39 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

He wasn't exempt.

In fact, even though Eve was deceived, Adam is the one held responsible for the Fall of Mankind, not Eve.

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." (1 Cor. 15:22)

"Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come." (Romans 5:14)

"For as by one man"s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man"s obedience many will be made righteous." (Romans 5:19)

Etc., etc...


"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.


Again, Adam is the one held responsible for the Fall, not Eve.


Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

"Favor" was not the issue.

The marriage between Adam and Eve points to Christ and his Church.

The wife is to submit to her husband just as the Church is to submit to Christ.
And the husband is to love and care for his wife just as Christ loves and cares for the Church.

Look at Ephesians 5:22-33,

22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. 31 "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.


What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?


The transgression was NOT a wise decision at all!

I was outright disobedience to the command of God, which resulted in death and condemnation for the whole human race!


Romans 5:18-19,

"18 Therefore, as through one man"s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man"s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man"s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man"s obedience many will be made righteous."

And again,
Adam is the one responsible for the Fall, not Eve.

Finally,
Regarding:
"why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?"

I have no idea what you're basing that on.

I see no reason to believe that either one of them was "punished harder" than the other.

Your answer to this will tell you.
Who is to rule over who and isn't the one ruled punished harder than the ruler?

Could Eve somehow resist God's power used against her?
Impossible, right?

So why did God put Satan right there with her with his power to deceive?

As to all of us being condemn for Adams sin, what do these tell you from a moral POV.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

Also, what does this quote tell you?

Ecclesiasticus Chapter 25
24 Of the woman came the beginning of sin, and through her we all die.

I hope we can stop thumping and start discussing.

Regards
DL

Look man,
You've already demonstrated that you're not interested in learning anything, so keep moving. I'm not interested in engaging with you.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 7:17:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
They both received the same punishment, death. The sentencing guidlines differed because the offenders differed in how they offended. Eve offended, broke the law, when she was deceived into thinking it was a smart thing to do and she would get away with it. Adam offended knowingly. They both hid from God after that because they both knew they were guilty and worty of death and they believed they had it coming once God found them....as if He didn't know where they were. They were gone away from God, they had entered into death, and they had it coming from God...... the same as you. God took the life of an animal or some animals in place of Adam and Eve's death. He gave them the coats of skins to show they were under death penalty. Now they knew what death was, they were wearing the skins of dead animals. Those skins were their covering. They lost eternal life when they became sinners. Their sin separated them from God and God saw the dead skins they were wearing as the blood appeasment He gave to allow them to be covered temporarily. His permananent covering for their sin was when Him Himself took on the form of a man, Jesus Christ, and He himself became the sacrifice for their sins. His resurrection is proof that He can forgive sin and justify all who admit they are the ones who deserve death, believe he took their death and rose from the grave, breaking the chains of sin and death, and call on God in His name to save them from Hell. You can have eternal life today. Will you?
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 7:21:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/13/2014 7:07:30 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

Look man,
You've already demonstrated that you're not interested in learning anything, so keep moving. I'm not interested in engaging with you.

Only a literalist fool would think he can teach his better.

You run from questions and ignore quotes and stupidly think that is teaching.

Your a joke and mental midget.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 7:25:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/13/2014 7:17:05 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
They both received the same punishment, death.

Yes. God did murder them by neglect and locking what would have kept them alive. The tree of life.

But before that, one ruled the other so don't stupidly say the had the same punishment.

If you want to chat do so intelligently.

Regards
DL
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 7:32:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/13/2014 7:21:41 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 9/13/2014 7:07:30 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

Look man,
You've already demonstrated that you're not interested in learning anything, so keep moving. I'm not interested in engaging with you.

Only a literalist fool would think he can teach his better.

You run from questions and ignore quotes and stupidly think that is teaching.

Your a joke and mental midget.

Regards
DL

Or maybe your totally unwarranted hostility just turns me off, and makes me not want to engage with you.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 7:42:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/13/2014 6:13:52 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 9/13/2014 2:43:39 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

He wasn't exempt.

In fact, even though Eve was deceived, Adam is the one held responsible for the Fall of Mankind, not Eve.

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." (1 Cor. 15:22)

"Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come." (Romans 5:14)

"For as by one man"s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man"s obedience many will be made righteous." (Romans 5:19)

Etc., etc...


"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.


Again, Adam is the one held responsible for the Fall, not Eve.


Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

"Favor" was not the issue.

The marriage between Adam and Eve points to Christ and his Church.

The wife is to submit to her husband just as the Church is to submit to Christ.
And the husband is to love and care for his wife just as Christ loves and cares for the Church.

Look at Ephesians 5:22-33,

22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. 31 "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.


What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?


The transgression was NOT a wise decision at all!

I was outright disobedience to the command of God, which resulted in death and condemnation for the whole human race!


Romans 5:18-19,

"18 Therefore, as through one man"s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man"s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man"s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man"s obedience many will be made righteous."

And again,
Adam is the one responsible for the Fall, not Eve.

Finally,
Regarding:
"why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?"

I have no idea what you're basing that on.

I see no reason to believe that either one of them was "punished harder" than the other.

Keep up the good work, brother. Remember, the people who are reading this and are open to being saved. The ones who are reading and rejecing God's offer of pardon through the blood of His Son will give account to God for your efforts to tell them of His love. The ones you may reach by posting His call for them are the ones who make it worth trying. One day we will know if efforts here pay off with eternal fruit. I know who is calling me for Himself. I do believe I will see you there in Christ. I've been reading and appreciating your posts. Good preaching, good work. Keep it up, brother.
sovereigngracereigns
Posts: 585
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 8:26:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/13/2014 7:42:56 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 9/13/2014 6:13:52 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 9/13/2014 2:43:39 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

He wasn't exempt.

In fact, even though Eve was deceived, Adam is the one held responsible for the Fall of Mankind, not Eve.

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." (1 Cor. 15:22)

"Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come." (Romans 5:14)

"For as by one man"s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man"s obedience many will be made righteous." (Romans 5:19)

Etc., etc...


"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.


Again, Adam is the one held responsible for the Fall, not Eve.


Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

"Favor" was not the issue.

The marriage between Adam and Eve points to Christ and his Church.

The wife is to submit to her husband just as the Church is to submit to Christ.
And the husband is to love and care for his wife just as Christ loves and cares for the Church.

Look at Ephesians 5:22-33,

22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. 31 "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.


What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?


The transgression was NOT a wise decision at all!

I was outright disobedience to the command of God, which resulted in death and condemnation for the whole human race!


Romans 5:18-19,

"18 Therefore, as through one man"s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man"s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man"s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man"s obedience many will be made righteous."

And again,
Adam is the one responsible for the Fall, not Eve.

Finally,
Regarding:
"why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?"

I have no idea what you're basing that on.

I see no reason to believe that either one of them was "punished harder" than the other.

Keep up the good work, brother. Remember, the people who are reading this and are open to being saved. The ones who are reading and rejecing God's offer of pardon through the blood of His Son will give account to God for your efforts to tell them of His love. The ones you may reach by posting His call for them are the ones who make it worth trying. One day we will know if efforts here pay off with eternal fruit. I know who is calling me for Himself. I do believe I will see you there in Christ. I've been reading and appreciating your posts. Good preaching, good work. Keep it up, brother.

Well, I've been reading your posts too, and I agree with you on most of the things you say.
But to be completely honest with you, I don't believe that God loves everybody.

I believe that God loves his elect who were in Christ from before the foundation of the world, and that God hates the reprobate with a perfect hatred.

And I believe it's absolutely essential to be up front about that with people, for numerous reasons, but most importantly, because it's the truth.

If God loves people who end up in Hell, then his love means nothing, and anyone can see that.
So, while I often want to encourage you, I'm not sure that I can.

Again, I do appreciate and agree with most of things you say in your posts, but I don't think we're really on the same page.

I hope you will take this as it's intended, and not as an insult.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 8:40:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/13/2014 8:26:17 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 9/13/2014 7:42:56 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 9/13/2014 6:13:52 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 9/13/2014 2:43:39 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

He wasn't exempt.

In fact, even though Eve was deceived, Adam is the one held responsible for the Fall of Mankind, not Eve.

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." (1 Cor. 15:22)

"Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come." (Romans 5:14)

"For as by one man"s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man"s obedience many will be made righteous." (Romans 5:19)

Etc., etc...


"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.


Again, Adam is the one held responsible for the Fall, not Eve.


Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

"Favor" was not the issue.

The marriage between Adam and Eve points to Christ and his Church.

The wife is to submit to her husband just as the Church is to submit to Christ.
And the husband is to love and care for his wife just as Christ loves and cares for the Church.

Look at Ephesians 5:22-33,

22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. 31 "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.


What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?


The transgression was NOT a wise decision at all!

I was outright disobedience to the command of God, which resulted in death and condemnation for the whole human race!


Romans 5:18-19,

"18 Therefore, as through one man"s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man"s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man"s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man"s obedience many will be made righteous."

And again,
Adam is the one responsible for the Fall, not Eve.

Finally,
Regarding:
"why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?"

I have no idea what you're basing that on.

I see no reason to believe that either one of them was "punished harder" than the other.

Keep up the good work, brother. Remember, the people who are reading this and are open to being saved. The ones who are reading and rejecing God's offer of pardon through the blood of His Son will give account to God for your efforts to tell them of His love. The ones you may reach by posting His call for them are the ones who make it worth trying. One day we will know if efforts here pay off with eternal fruit. I know who is calling me for Himself. I do believe I will see you there in Christ. I've been reading and appreciating your posts. Good preaching, good work. Keep it up, brother.

Well, I've been reading your posts too, and I agree with you on most of the things you say.
But to be completely honest with you, I don't believe that God loves everybody.

I believe that God loves his elect who were in Christ from before the foundation of the world, and that God hates the reprobate with a perfect hatred.

And I believe it's absolutely essential to be up front about that with people, for numerous reasons, but most importantly, because it's the truth.

If God loves people who end up in Hell, then his love means nothing, and anyone can see that.
So, while I often want to encourage you, I'm not sure that I can.

Again, I do appreciate and agree with most of things you say in your posts, but I don't think we're really on the same page.

I hope you will take this as it's intended, and not as an insult.

Not that much of a difference. I'm sure you agree God is love. People in Hell can only know God's hatred against their sin. They cannot know His love in Hell. The fact remains that He created them and He is love. He hates sin, yes. His hatred for sinners is perfect because He is love and He loves His creation. Why would He allow Hell to exist at all if He is not love the same to those who burn in Hell as He is to those who are saved from it? People who reject him can only see Him as evil against them. What they see is not who God is. What they see is what they get because of their sin.....evil. Their evil causes God to appear as evil toward them when He is nothing but good. God is love. I think our difference here is small if any. I have seen nothing in your posts addressed to other people that I can disagree with, and much I can applaud......you sound so much like me when you deal with these scorners, and I appreciate the way you handle the sword of the Lord, the word of God, in addressing them. I could, would, and sometimes do use the sciptures the same way. Here, because I know people reject the word of God, I take a philosophical reasoning approach and am ready to back everything I say with scripture when called for.

I appreciate your attempts to explain God's hatred. I can't disagree with you too much because there is too much I appreciate in your preaching and arguing. I forgot who you were at first. It was only after I posted my first appreciation for you today that I remembered how you had scolded me before, and how disappointed I was to see I had been scolded by somebody who sounds so much like me.
Arasa
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 8:03:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/13/2014 2:43:39 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL

I would like for you to know that I have been following this particular thread, simply because I found the topic rather uncommon. I will admit that I was severely disappointed by your remarks. You quoted scripture, he (that is, your original opponent) quoted scripture, and then you responded by saying that he was a "Thumper" for quoting scripture and responding to your point- rather well, I would say. This is a prime example of a "Double Standard" which simply passes you off as someone who simply wants to run their mouth a bit. Now, I know this is not the case, but I cannot help but wonder what a "Discussion" would look like to you if the one that you originally had did not fulfill that.

So, what kind of discussion are you looking to have? Certainly it would be one where both sides are allowed to defend themselves equally. One with references, either scriptural or scientific would also have to be allowed, as this is a religious discussion. Lack of name-calling too, as we are no longer within the confines of adolescence.

We are more intelligent than this, and your chosen group, be it theistic or no, would certainly not choose you to represent them with what you have shown the world thus far.

Post... Your posts have a somewhat lyrical bounce to them. I found it rather interesting how the voice in my head was bouncing along with it instead of simply reading off the way it normally would. Something for the psychologists in the house...

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 8:35:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/13/2014 2:43:39 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL

That all depends on whether you believe what the Vatican approved of before they produced the new testament. I don't believe any women were sitting in the discussion board deciding on what to add or subtract in their false gospels.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 1:10:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/13/2014 8:40:45 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:


"His hatred for sinners is perfect."

Words of an idiot.

Thanks for showing us your thinking.

Sinners as well as all that is has emanated from God. Only a fool will think God would hate a part of himself.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 1:17:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 8:03:57 AM, Arasa wrote:
At 9/13/2014 2:43:39 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL

I would like for you to know that I have been following this particular thread, simply because I found the topic rather uncommon. I will admit that I was severely disappointed by your remarks. You quoted scripture, he (that is, your original opponent) quoted scripture, and then you responded by saying that he was a "Thumper" for quoting scripture and responding to your point- rather well, I would say. This is a prime example of a "Double Standard" which simply passes you off as someone who simply wants to run their mouth a bit. Now, I know this is not the case, but I cannot help but wonder what a "Discussion" would look like to you if the one that you originally had did not fulfill that.

So, what kind of discussion are you looking to have? Certainly it would be one where both sides are allowed to defend themselves equally. One with references, either scriptural or scientific would also have to be allowed, as this is a religious discussion. Lack of name-calling too, as we are no longer within the confines of adolescence.

We are more intelligent than this, and your chosen group, be it theistic or no, would certainly not choose you to represent them with what you have shown the world thus far.

Post... Your posts have a somewhat lyrical bounce to them. I found it rather interesting how the voice in my head was bouncing along with it instead of simply reading off the way it normally would. Something for the psychologists in the house...

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind

To your last.

Be I so blessed.

I sometimes say that I would give up my kingdom for eloquence. I would give up many for what you describe.

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 1:23:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 8:35:05 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 9/13/2014 2:43:39 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL

That all depends on whether you believe what the Vatican approved of before they produced the new testament. I don't believe any women were sitting in the discussion board deciding on what to add or subtract in their false gospels.

Rome produced the N. T., Nor the Church.

Rome always controlled what Christianity and the other Abrahamic religions were doing.

Ask my Gnostic Christian ancestors who where decimated by Constantine's Literalist Christian army.

Regards
DL
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 5:38:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 1:23:09 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 9/14/2014 8:35:05 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 9/13/2014 2:43:39 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL

That all depends on whether you believe what the Vatican approved of before they produced the new testament. I don't believe any women were sitting in the discussion board deciding on what to add or subtract in their false gospels.

Rome produced the N. T., Nor the Church.

Rome always controlled what Christianity and the other Abrahamic religions were doing.

Ask my Gnostic Christian ancestors who where decimated by Constantine's Literalist Christian army.

Regards
DL

If you die today, are you sure your sins are forgiven and you are going to heaven? By the way you act, I would have to say I doubt it. Well, are you sure your sins are fogiven and you are going to heaven? You sure are full of arroganxe and have no understanding of the Bible which you prove throughout this entire forum. Can you answer my question here with a simple yes or no? and if yes, explain how you are sure?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 9:58:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 1:23:09 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 9/14/2014 8:35:05 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 9/13/2014 2:43:39 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL

That all depends on whether you believe what the Vatican approved of before they produced the new testament. I don't believe any women were sitting in the discussion board deciding on what to add or subtract in their false gospels.

Rome produced the N. T., Nor the Church.

Rome always controlled what Christianity and the other Abrahamic religions were doing.

Ask my Gnostic Christian ancestors who where decimated by Constantine's Literalist Christian army.

Regards
DL

I'm God's last saint to testify to the knowledge that the rest of His prophets and saints spoke from. I understand you very well. All the saints were taught by our Creator that a pagan religion would come out of the fourth kingdom ( Roman Empire ) that would change the Law of God and make their Christians worship a false deity ( Jesus ) and build false gods ( church buildings built with human hands ).
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 10:37:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 5:38:04 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 9/17/2014 1:23:09 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 9/14/2014 8:35:05 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 9/13/2014 2:43:39 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL

That all depends on whether you believe what the Vatican approved of before they produced the new testament. I don't believe any women were sitting in the discussion board deciding on what to add or subtract in their false gospels.

Rome produced the N. T., Nor the Church.

Rome always controlled what Christianity and the other Abrahamic religions were doing.

Ask my Gnostic Christian ancestors who where decimated by Constantine's Literalist Christian army.

Regards
DL

If you die today, are you sure your sins are forgiven and you are going to heaven? By the way you act, I would have to say I doubt it. Well, are you sure your sins are fogiven and you are going to heaven? You sure are full of arroganxe and have no understanding of the Bible which you prove throughout this entire forum. Can you answer my question here with a simple yes or no? and if yes, explain how you are sure?

Only fools think that a God would condemn them or turn around and die for them.

You are not that important and your God is not that stupid so let your head shrink to normal size.

Regards
DL