Jump to topic:

Proof that Christianity is unoriginal

TheSuperAtheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 6:55:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Christianity is unoriginal and is a lie. It's a fictional story and it is based on ancient myth that came before it rather than from Divine inspiration.

Why? The proof of that is the fact that the Bible blatantly copied historical myths. However, the most shameless of the copying is in the Old Testament. The Old Testament is completely identical to the Torah, proving that the Bible is plagirized from other religions and therefore is a lie.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2014 9:24:39 PM
At 9/13/2014 6:55:59 PM, TheSuperAtheist wrote:
Christianity is unoriginal and is a lie. It's a fictional story and it is based on ancient myth that came before it rather than from Divine inspiration.

Why? The proof of that is the fact that the Bible blatantly copied historical myths. However, the most shameless of the copying is in the Old Testament. The Old Testament is completely identical to the Torah, proving that the Bible is plagirized from other religions and therefore is a lie.

The prophecies are the only testimonies written by the saints that are needed by God to teach us saints, who read them for HIm, the deeper meanings of the symbolic names that were used to describe the future. Most of the prophecies have not been fulfilled yet but of course, there are many Christians who think they were fulfilled with their false deity named Jesus.
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 2:41:02 AM
However, the most shameless of the copying is in the Old Testament. The Old Testament is completely identical to the Torah, proving that the Bible is plagirized from other religions and therefore is a lie.

Um, that's because Christianity is linked to the prophecies of Judaism... the Bible isn't trying to con you into believing it's different from other holy texts.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 2:51:58 AM

Interesting - this is what Satanists claim.

"The character "Jesus Christ" is fictitious and was stolen from some 18+ Pagan legends of a God hanging from a tree, such as Odin, then being resurrected, and is another description of the alchemical operation of transforming the soul- death and then resurrection."

http://www.angelfire.com...

It is also what one Richard M. Price claims, in a more academic sense. However, his work only goes through and finds any obscure religion and then attempts to use any correlation as proof that the Christians ripped it off without ever demonstrating that any of the Apostles, much less Jesus, so much as even knew about these other religions.

Its the kind of linkages following say ... the Kennedy Assassination tat have variously produced the real triggermen as the CIA, a shadow government, and even the Israeli's.

That no contemporary document exists demonstrating these linkages, or anyone even claiming them in the era should be proof enough that there was no giant conspiracy involved. That Satanists have plucked this should further confirm that its a lie from the Father of Lies himself.
Arasa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 7:51:46 AM

I think that there were two major points in there...
1. Christianity is a fictional story.
2. The Christian bible copied the torah for its old testament.
3. The Christian bible copied from ancient mythology and stories.

To the first, I would caution you against such generalizations, as very much of the old testament has been proven to be historically accurate (Keyword: Very much.) My point is that you have made a general statement about something in which you only mean a specific area. But, I knew what you meant, so let's continue.

To the second, the torah was the scripture for the Jews, and the bible became the scripture for the Christians. Except, the term "Christian" wasn't used as a denominational name until much later. At the time, they were called "Messianic Jews."
Also, I would remind you that Jesus' father was a Jew, and that technically speaking, Christ was a Jew. He was not the first figure to think up this cool new religion, but instead he came to show the Jews what they were doing wrong.
So, put these together and what have we got (Pardon my Cinderella)? Christianity coming out of Judaism. It does not claim to be completely original to the world, but instead to have corrected a fatal error that the Jews during the days of Christ were making. From this, the term Christian, Orthodox Jew, Messianic Jew, down to Catholic, down to Protestant, to who knows where else (The Mormons were brought in somewhere during the Reformation, I believe...).

Terminology which when written out, looks an awful lot like a genealogy.

So, to answer your question, of course the old testament is identical to the Torah. They are the same thing. Jesus accepted the Torah, as he was the Messiah mentioned mainly in the book of Isaiah.

To the third, I would say that such a conclusion would be a large leap from just looking at two things with similarities. I could easily draw the conclusion that we evolved from rocks, simply because we are made of the same fundamental building blocks. And for the ancient near eastern stories, the things that are similar are the fundamental building blocks- usually the moral of the story, or proverbial wisdom (Excluding the Atrahsis Epic). For the Atrahsis Epic, that is a story about a great flood. Shall we also state that every single religion ancient or otherwise is basing their individual flood stories off of the Atrahsis Epic, or even the Gilgamesh Epic? Such a thing would be a vast leap to make indeed. So, why do we assume that the Christian/Jewish flood made such a leap? Are both fact? Are both fiction? Is one fact? Which one? If both are fiction, then was one based off of the other?
These are questions that lead one to the conclusion that both are fiction, and that one was based off of the other.
I find it unlikely that anyone has reason to believe that the story of Noah was copied from either the Atrahsis Epic or the Gilgamesh Epic, beyond the repeated adage of "Stories at the time were passed down by story tellers who had a tendency to change the story depending on the culture they were in."

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 9:28:44 AM
At 9/14/2014 7:51:46 AM, Arasa wrote:

I think that there were two major points in there...
1. Christianity is a fictional story.
2. The Christian bible copied the torah for its old testament.
3. The Christian bible copied from ancient mythology and stories.

To the first, I would caution you against such generalizations, as very much of the old testament has been proven to be historically accurate (Keyword: Very much.) My point is that you have made a general statement about something in which you only mean a specific area. But, I knew what you meant, so let's continue.

To the second, the torah was the scripture for the Jews, and the bible became the scripture for the Christians. Except, the term "Christian" wasn't used as a denominational name until much later. At the time, they were called "Messianic Jews."
Also, I would remind you that Jesus' father was a Jew, and that technically speaking, Christ was a Jew. He was not the first figure to think up this cool new religion, but instead he came to show the Jews what they were doing wrong.
So, put these together and what have we got (Pardon my Cinderella)? Christianity coming out of Judaism. It does not claim to be completely original to the world, but instead to have corrected a fatal error that the Jews during the days of Christ were making. From this, the term Christian, Orthodox Jew, Messianic Jew, down to Catholic, down to Protestant, to who knows where else (The Mormons were brought in somewhere during the Reformation, I believe...).

Terminology which when written out, looks an awful lot like a genealogy.

So, to answer your question, of course the old testament is identical to the Torah. They are the same thing. Jesus accepted the Torah, as he was the Messiah mentioned mainly in the book of Isaiah.

To the third, I would say that such a conclusion would be a large leap from just looking at two things with similarities. I could easily draw the conclusion that we evolved from rocks, simply because we are made of the same fundamental building blocks. And for the ancient near eastern stories, the things that are similar are the fundamental building blocks- usually the moral of the story, or proverbial wisdom (Excluding the Atrahsis Epic). For the Atrahsis Epic, that is a story about a great flood. Shall we also state that every single religion ancient or otherwise is basing their individual flood stories off of the Atrahsis Epic, or even the Gilgamesh Epic? Such a thing would be a vast leap to make indeed. So, why do we assume that the Christian/Jewish flood made such a leap? Are both fact? Are both fiction? Is one fact? Which one? If both are fiction, then was one based off of the other?
These are questions that lead one to the conclusion that both are fiction, and that one was based off of the other.
I find it unlikely that anyone has reason to believe that the story of Noah was copied from either the Atrahsis Epic or the Gilgamesh Epic, beyond the repeated adage of "Stories at the time were passed down by story tellers who had a tendency to change the story depending on the culture they were in."

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind

Christians and Jews are still confused by why Jesus and the rest of God's saints were in this world for. If Jesus was so important, then Peter, Timothy, Paul, me and the rest of God's saints should be ranked along with him because we all testified to the same exact invisible Word of God ( Christ ) that Jesus testified to.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 9:54:03 AM

This may literally be the dumbest argument I've ever heard from an atheist. Congratulations!
TheSuperAtheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 2:00:08 PM
At 9/14/2014 9:54:03 AM, TN05 wrote:

This may literally be the dumbest argument I've ever heard from an atheist. Congratulations!

Christianity is the root of evil in society (e.g. crusades, terrorism, etc.) and is basically a cloud of ignorance, indoctrination, dogma, brainwashing, and ignorance, while atheism is the truth, the illumination, and the truth. Christianity is a plague on society and must be removed: Christians who refuse to recant the lie of Christianity will be put in re-education centres until they accept the truth of the new, illuminated atheist world.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 9:03:30 AM
Plagues on all us are these atheist bozos who forget Robespierre, Stalin, Mao, Pot Pol, North Korean crazies, all of them Super Atheists, and then the self-selected phony Gentile Paulist telling his Pauline lies about Christianity because he only knows what other Paulists have scripted for him, never doing any original research on his own to find the deeper history and meaning of Christianity. Such as never touching the Jewish sources of information about "Jesus Christ", the Greek Gentile title for Yeishu ben Pantera who's father was NOT Jewish but a Gentile mercenary given the Gentile name Pantera, "Panther", that name found on Asia Minor gravestones bearing its authenticity.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 1:26:07 PM

I cannot help but wonder how you "know" that the bible copied ancient myths.

How do you know, for instance, that the ancient myths are not in fact actually copies and distortion of the original stories and that the original accounts do not for the basis of the Biblical writings.

You make the common mistake of assuming that just because the bible books written by Moses weren't written until after the Pagan stories they are copies of those Pagan stories whereas in fact it si much more likely that the Pagan stories are copies and distortions of the original stories, written on more fragile materials and lost in the flood?

For a start the bible versions of these stories are in fact much more reasonable than the Pagan versions.

Take the flood stories.

All Pagan version talk of a boat being constructed, whereas the bible version speaks of a much more practical Ark or Chest shape.

Why would there be any need to anything other than a rectangular box or chest shape? It wasn't designed to go anywhere, just float, where it ended up was relatively unimportant.

All things taken into account, the Ark or Chest shape described in the bible is a much more practical shape for the purpose, especially being as large as it was, and would be much easier to construct without special wood bending equipment.

I wish people would think things through a bit better before they make their minds up. People are taught so many fallacies about things in the bible, and don't even bother to question what they are taught, or even to ask the basic question, Why?

There is a growing mountain of evidence of a global flood, mainly in the carcasses of Mammoths that have been dug out of the thawing Permafrost. Mammals which have been so rapidly frozen that only and instant and catastrophic climate change can explain it, and only a massive event, like the flood described in scripture, can account for that.

Despite people's attempts to discredit it, Genesis 1 actually has the order of creation perfectly correct. It does not, as some like to claim, descriptive the production of the earth, and light before the creation of the sun and moon, since they are part of the Heavens and Earth described in verse 1. It merely describes the points at which light was able to reach the planet surface, and then the point where the atmosphere cleared sufficiently for the sun and moon to be made visible.

Interestingly it also tells us that the land was in one piece, and Genesis later describes the earth as being divided, both facts we know from the Geological record.

How could "primitive" humans know these things unless they came from God?

There is so much more I can say about the accuracy of scripture, and the inaccuracy of what even Christians are taught about what it teaches.

It is disgusting that so called Christians teach such inaccurate things about scripture. However they will pay the price for doing so.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 6:28:25 PM
It may have been said already but the Torah is the first five books in the OT and the OT is a collection of documents "books" that were maintained by the Israelites. Christianity is because it is believed by the same that Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of much in the OT in reference to the availability of God"s Grace by Faith, and salvation, but the mainstream Israelites don"t see Jesus as the Messiah promised in the OT. Its not plagiarism, Jesus Christ was a Israelite and all the writers of the NT were Israelites. And the beginning of the ministry of Grace in the name of Jesus Christ was mainly to the Israelites. As far as the Nt believers having a collection of books that the Israelites had is for those interested in the God of their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 3:13:14 AM
At 9/15/2014 6:28:25 PM, DPMartin wrote:
It may have been said already but the Torah is the first five books in the OT and the OT is a collection of documents "books" that were maintained by the Israelites. Christianity is because it is believed by the same that Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of much in the OT in reference to the availability of God"s Grace by Faith, and salvation, but the mainstream Israelites don"t see Jesus as the Messiah promised in the OT. Its not plagiarism, Jesus Christ was a Israelite and all the writers of the NT were Israelites. And the beginning of the ministry of Grace in the name of Jesus Christ was mainly to the Israelites. As far as the Nt believers having a collection of books that the Israelites had is for those interested in the God of their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

You have said it better than I, and supplied a little more detail, thanks.

As you imply, we have no idea of the age of the original writings, since they were lost long ago, as have many other original writings which were done on perishable mediums such as papyrus.

The only reason we still have the bible as it is, is that it was incessantly, and extremely carefully, copied.

I just wish the majority of translators had taken as much care to be accurate.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 1:49:57 PM

Disciples of Jesus ("Christians") are also Jews. At least they should be, and therefore the OT (Torah) is also for them.

For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, neither is that circumcision which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit not in the letter; whose praise is not from men, but from God.
Romans 2:28-29
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 2:16:34 PM
At 9/16/2014 1:49:57 PM, 12_13 wrote:

Disciples of Jesus ("Christians") are also Jews. At least they should be, and therefore the OT (Torah) is also for them.

For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, neither is that circumcision which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit not in the letter; whose praise is not from men, but from God.
Romans 2:28-29

Actually they are not Jews, they are spiritual Israelites, and the whole of scripture is for them to learn from. The Mosaic Law however is no longer in force as a law code.

The Jews were just one tribe out of the 12 though they had also absorbed Benjamin.. Israel ceased to exist centuries before Christ, and the one that exists now is nothing more than a Satanic counterfeit.
Iredia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 3:57:48 PM
I will only agree that Christianity is unoriginal toThe extent it is true that many of its moral and spiritual precedents eg sacrificial death and the Golden rules were preceded. and preached by pagan religions such as Hinduism. I will only take it as foolish any insult that Christianity is a lie. That is better said of evolution and atheism. I can tolerate deism; as a balanced view.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
Juris_Naturalis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 12:08:03 AM
At 9/14/2014 2:00:08 PM, TheSuperAtheist wrote:
At 9/14/2014 9:54:03 AM, TN05 wrote:

Christianity is the root of evil in society (e.g. crusades, terrorism, etc.) and is basically a cloud of ignorance, indoctrination, dogma, brainwashing, and ignorance, while atheism is the truth, the illumination, and the truth. Christianity is a plague on society and must be removed: Christians who refuse to recant the lie of Christianity will be put in re-education centres until they accept the truth of the new, illuminated atheist world.

Your version of Atheism isn't much better.