Total Posts:44|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The universe in the bible

frbnsn
Posts: 353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 4:10:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am not a Christian and I think, in a holy book(written by god) must be mentioned the universe.
So I wondered if in the bible, there is something about that and where,how:
dee-em
Posts: 6,476
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 4:29:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 4:10:12 AM, frbnsn wrote:
I am not a Christian and I think, in a holy book(written by god) must be mentioned the universe.
So I wondered if in the bible, there is something about that and where,how:

All ancient peoples could see the stars of the Milky Way. In the Bible it is referred to as "the heavens".

However, there is nothing in the Bible about the structure of the universe and there is confusion over basic things such as the Moon being a light for example.
- nothing about solar systems
- nothing about comets
- nothing about meteors
- nothing about other galaxies
- nothing about nebulae
- nothing about supernovas being exploding stars
- nothing about neutron stars
- nothing about black holes
- nothing about the expansion of space
Etc.

Does that help?
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 5:06:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 4:29:58 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:10:12 AM, frbnsn wrote:
I am not a Christian and I think, in a holy book(written by god) must be mentioned the universe.
So I wondered if in the bible, there is something about that and where,how:

All ancient peoples could see the stars of the Milky Way. In the Bible it is referred to as "the heavens".

However, there is nothing in the Bible about the structure of the universe and there is confusion over basic things such as the Moon being a light for example.
- nothing about solar systems
- nothing about comets
- nothing about meteors
- nothing about other galaxies
- nothing about nebulae
- nothing about supernovas being exploding stars
- nothing about neutron stars
- nothing about black holes
- nothing about the expansion of space
Etc.

Does that help?

Yep, ask an atheist, he'll give you the 'real' skinny on Christianity. Best not to let Christians answer a question about their own faith.

https://answersingenesis.org...

As you can see, the atheist is just plane wrong:

God "stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. (Isaiah 40:22)

Hmmm ... universal expansion.

Of course an atheist will tell you this is not what it means. Which is why we generally don;t ask atheists to field questions about things they hate and expect them to be accurate.

Might as well ask the Nazis for the real skinny on Jews.
bulproof
Posts: 25,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 5:35:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 5:06:27 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:29:58 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:10:12 AM, frbnsn wrote:
I am not a Christian and I think, in a holy book(written by god) must be mentioned the universe.
So I wondered if in the bible, there is something about that and where,how:

All ancient peoples could see the stars of the Milky Way. In the Bible it is referred to as "the heavens".

However, there is nothing in the Bible about the structure of the universe and there is confusion over basic things such as the Moon being a light for example.
- nothing about solar systems
- nothing about comets
- nothing about meteors
- nothing about other galaxies
- nothing about nebulae
- nothing about supernovas being exploding stars
- nothing about neutron stars
- nothing about black holes
- nothing about the expansion of space
Etc.

Does that help?

Yep, ask an atheist, he'll give you the 'real' skinny on Christianity. Best not to let Christians answer a question about their own faith.

https://answersingenesis.org...

As you can see, the atheist is just plane wrong:

God "stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. (Isaiah 40:22)

Hmmm ... universal expansion.

Of course an atheist will tell you this is not what it means. Which is why we generally don;t ask atheists to field questions about things they hate and expect them to be accurate.

Might as well ask the Nazis for the real skinny on Jews.

He didn't ask about a religion.

He asked about a book.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
debateuser
Posts: 1,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 5:48:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 5:06:27 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:29:58 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:10:12 AM, frbnsn wrote:
I am not a Christian and I think, in a holy book(written by god) must be mentioned the universe.
So I wondered if in the bible, there is something about that and where,how:

All ancient peoples could see the stars of the Milky Way. In the Bible it is referred to as "the heavens".

However, there is nothing in the Bible about the structure of the universe and there is confusion over basic things such as the Moon being a light for example.
- nothing about solar systems
- nothing about comets
- nothing about meteors
- nothing about other galaxies
- nothing about nebulae
- nothing about supernovas being exploding stars
- nothing about neutron stars
- nothing about black holes
- nothing about the expansion of space
Etc.

Does that help?

Yep, ask an atheist, he'll give you the 'real' skinny on Christianity. Best not to let Christians answer a question about their own faith.

https://answersingenesis.org...

As you can see, the atheist is just plane wrong:

God "stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. (Isaiah 40:22)

Hmmm ... universal expansion.

The Bible does not even know about planets other than the earth. Apparently according to the Bible creation of planets began with earth and ended with earth. Lol . see genesis 1

Of course an atheist will tell you this is not what it means. Which is why we generally don;t ask atheists to field questions about things they hate and expect them to be accurate.

Might as well ask the Nazis for the real skinny on Jews.

Atheists don't murder God believers for just believing in a God. Nazis were Christians and so you would expect them to kill people of other faiths.
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 7:19:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 5:35:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/14/2014 5:06:27 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:29:58 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:10:12 AM, frbnsn wrote:
I am not a Christian and I think, in a holy book(written by god) must be mentioned the universe.
So I wondered if in the bible, there is something about that and where,how:

All ancient peoples could see the stars of the Milky Way. In the Bible it is referred to as "the heavens".

However, there is nothing in the Bible about the structure of the universe and there is confusion over basic things such as the Moon being a light for example.
- nothing about solar systems
- nothing about comets
- nothing about meteors
- nothing about other galaxies
- nothing about nebulae
- nothing about supernovas being exploding stars
- nothing about neutron stars
- nothing about black holes
- nothing about the expansion of space
Etc.

Does that help?

Yep, ask an atheist, he'll give you the 'real' skinny on Christianity. Best not to let Christians answer a question about their own faith.

https://answersingenesis.org...

As you can see, the atheist is just plane wrong:

God "stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. (Isaiah 40:22)

Hmmm ... universal expansion.

Of course an atheist will tell you this is not what it means. Which is why we generally don;t ask atheists to field questions about things they hate and expect them to be accurate.

Might as well ask the Nazis for the real skinny on Jews.

He didn't ask about a religion.

He asked about a book.

And so the acerbic stalker totally avoids the fact that theology is based on the book, and the book is quoted both in the proof, and in the response I gave him about one post.

But we need a reason to pick up the personal animus, so lets get the basic claims wrong entirely again.

Please stay away from me bully boy.
bulproof
Posts: 25,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 7:48:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 7:19:12 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/14/2014 5:35:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/14/2014 5:06:27 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:29:58 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:10:12 AM, frbnsn wrote:
I am not a Christian and I think, in a holy book(written by god) must be mentioned the universe.
So I wondered if in the bible, there is something about that and where,how:

All ancient peoples could see the stars of the Milky Way. In the Bible it is referred to as "the heavens".

However, there is nothing in the Bible about the structure of the universe and there is confusion over basic things such as the Moon being a light for example.
- nothing about solar systems
- nothing about comets
- nothing about meteors
- nothing about other galaxies
- nothing about nebulae
- nothing about supernovas being exploding stars
- nothing about neutron stars
- nothing about black holes
- nothing about the expansion of space
Etc.

Does that help?

Yep, ask an atheist, he'll give you the 'real' skinny on Christianity. Best not to let Christians answer a question about their own faith.

https://answersingenesis.org...

As you can see, the atheist is just plane wrong:

God "stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. (Isaiah 40:22)

Hmmm ... universal expansion.

Of course an atheist will tell you this is not what it means. Which is why we generally don;t ask atheists to field questions about things they hate and expect them to be accurate.

Might as well ask the Nazis for the real skinny on Jews.

He didn't ask about a religion.

He asked about a book.

And so the acerbic stalker totally avoids the fact that theology is based on the book, and the book is quoted both in the proof, and in the response I gave him about one post.
Absolutely nothing acerbic in my post.
But we need a reason to pick up the personal animus, so lets get the basic claims wrong entirely again.
There's quite obviously no animus in my post, yours is another story.
Please stay away from me bully boy.
As I've told you before, if you post false information in a public forum, I will refute your false information.
Yep, ask an atheist, he'll give you the 'real' skinny on Christianity.
No mention of christianity except to claim non membership.
Best not to let Christians answer a question about their own faith.
The OP is requesting information about a book's contents.

Being christian does not bestow some magical ability to read books.
Anybody can and Beastt is quite capable and very accurate in his precis of the relevant information in that book.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 7:58:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 7:19:12 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/14/2014 5:35:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/14/2014 5:06:27 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:29:58 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:10:12 AM, frbnsn wrote:
I am not a Christian and I think, in a holy book(written by god) must be mentioned the universe.
So I wondered if in the bible, there is something about that and where,how:

All ancient peoples could see the stars of the Milky Way. In the Bible it is referred to as "the heavens".

However, there is nothing in the Bible about the structure of the universe and there is confusion over basic things such as the Moon being a light for example.
- nothing about solar systems
- nothing about comets
- nothing about meteors
- nothing about other galaxies
- nothing about nebulae
- nothing about supernovas being exploding stars
- nothing about neutron stars
- nothing about black holes
- nothing about the expansion of space
Etc.

Does that help?

Yep, ask an atheist, he'll give you the 'real' skinny on Christianity. Best not to let Christians answer a question about their own faith.

https://answersingenesis.org...

As you can see, the atheist is just plane wrong:

God "stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. (Isaiah 40:22)

Hmmm ... universal expansion.

Of course an atheist will tell you this is not what it means. Which is why we generally don;t ask atheists to field questions about things they hate and expect them to be accurate.

Might as well ask the Nazis for the real skinny on Jews.

He didn't ask about a religion.

He asked about a book.

And so the acerbic stalker totally avoids the fact that theology is based on the book, and the book is quoted both in the proof, and in the response I gave him about one post.

But we need a reason to pick up the personal animus, so lets get the basic claims wrong entirely again.

Please stay away from me bully boy.

The fact of the matter is that the book is equally available to all. The fact that one person picks up a book and believes that what they read is true does not make their opinion any more valid that the person who picks up the same book and finds its contents to be false. Stating that placing faith in a book makes one's opinion more valid can be stated of ANY book. It's the same as when you condemn the words of Harris or Dawkins. Is your opinion of their writings invalid, simply because you don't believe their words? Since you're not an atheist or agnostic, then you should have no more right to condemn Dawkins/Harris/Hitchens/DeGrasse Tyson than you attribute to atheists to condemn the stupid bible. Of course, that would beyond the scope of who has what right, since faith is to be "protected," correct?
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 9:08:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
People who think the Bible can speak are totally deceived. It's there own interpretations of what they read in the Bible that keep them confused in this world.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 9:52:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 7:58:21 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 9/14/2014 7:19:12 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/14/2014 5:35:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/14/2014 5:06:27 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:29:58 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:10:12 AM, frbnsn wrote:
I am not a Christian and I think, in a holy book(written by god) must be mentioned the universe.
So I wondered if in the bible, there is something about that and where,how:

All ancient peoples could see the stars of the Milky Way. In the Bible it is referred to as "the heavens".

However, there is nothing in the Bible about the structure of the universe and there is confusion over basic things such as the Moon being a light for example.
- nothing about solar systems
- nothing about comets
- nothing about meteors
- nothing about other galaxies
- nothing about nebulae
- nothing about supernovas being exploding stars
- nothing about neutron stars
- nothing about black holes
- nothing about the expansion of space
Etc.

Does that help?

Yep, ask an atheist, he'll give you the 'real' skinny on Christianity. Best not to let Christians answer a question about their own faith.

https://answersingenesis.org...

As you can see, the atheist is just plane wrong:

God "stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. (Isaiah 40:22)

Hmmm ... universal expansion.

Of course an atheist will tell you this is not what it means. Which is why we generally don;t ask atheists to field questions about things they hate and expect them to be accurate.

Might as well ask the Nazis for the real skinny on Jews.

He didn't ask about a religion.

He asked about a book.

And so the acerbic stalker totally avoids the fact that theology is based on the book, and the book is quoted both in the proof, and in the response I gave him about one post.

But we need a reason to pick up the personal animus, so lets get the basic claims wrong entirely again.

Please stay away from me bully boy.

The fact of the matter is that the book is equally available to all. The fact that one person picks up a book and believes that what they read is true does not make their opinion any more valid that the person who picks up the same book and finds its contents to be false. Stating that placing faith in a book makes one's opinion more valid can be stated of ANY book. It's the same as when you condemn the words of Harris or Dawkins. Is your opinion of their writings invalid, simply because you don't believe their words? Since you're not an atheist or agnostic, then you should have no more right to condemn Dawkins/Harris/Hitchens/DeGrasse Tyson than you attribute to atheists to condemn the stupid bible. Of course, that would beyond the scope of who has what right, since faith is to be "protected," correct?

So ... the Nazi opinion on Jews is correct? If we rationalize it by saying any interpretation is correct?

And pray tell, how many different ways are there to take, "You are poison" (Hitchens) or, "You are certifiably mental" (Dawkins)?

Tell me, is the interpretation that this actually, "Neh, for the Prophet Dawkins hath spoke that your mental health craziness is a sign of Superior Intellect."

Obviously, some interpretation has clear and clarion bias, which is why we use things like peer review. And the Apologetic of melding Science and Faith? Yep, crosses all kinds of faith boundaries and is accepted and a generally accurate narrative.

Claiming things that are there ... are not there? Yep, not an accurate interpretation ... deliberately misleading in fact, a bit like saying Hitchens never addresses the Taliban. But he did. Thus the claim that he did not is simply false. Not merely a 'differing' opinion.

I mean by all means, are you claiming that atheism has no potential nihilistic biases? That Christians MIGHT have some biases about atheism? Perhaps?
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 1:48:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 5:06:27 AM, neutral wrote:

Yep, ask an atheist, he'll give you the 'real' skinny on Christianity. Best not to let Christians answer a question about their own faith.
Because atheists tend to know far more about Christianity than do most Christians and this is what objective research has confirmed.

As evidence of the superior understanding held by atheists, Neutral has offered links to AnswersInGenesis which is a site which actually admits their absurd level of bias, right their in their "About" pages.

They tell you outright that...
- "facts" don"t speak for themselves, but must be interpreted"

- "The Bible"the "history book of the universe""provides a reliable, eye-witness account of the beginning of all things, and can be trusted to tell the truth in all areas it touches on. Therefore, we are able to use it to help us make sense of this present world. When properly understood, the "evidence" confirms the biblical account."

In other words, all facts must be interpreted through the Bible. And once you have placed a subjective standard on the meaning of reality, you can't possibly emerge with an objective view of reality. So AiG is telling us that our entire view of the universe must comply with the Bible, or that view cannot be seen as a "fact" no matter how much evidence confirms that view.

So according to AnswersInGenesis, water isn't frozen at 454-degrees below zero (Fahrenheit), plants don't require warmth and can thrive in cryogenic temperatures, and the Earth - which is composed of elements which were fused in stars - somehow existed before stars. And you HAVE to accept that regardless of all of the evidence against it, according to AnswersInGenesis. And yet, that is the site Neutral believes provides an accurate objective view of reality.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 2:46:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 9:52:41 AM, neutral wrote:

The fact of the matter is that the book is equally available to all. The fact that one person picks up a book and believes that what they read is true does not make their opinion any more valid that the person who picks up the same book and finds its contents to be false. Stating that placing faith in a book makes one's opinion more valid can be stated of ANY book. It's the same as when you condemn the words of Harris or Dawkins. Is your opinion of their writings invalid, simply because you don't believe their words? Since you're not an atheist or agnostic, then you should have no more right to condemn Dawkins/Harris/Hitchens/DeGrasse Tyson than you attribute to atheists to condemn the stupid bible. Of course, that would beyond the scope of who has what right, since faith is to be "protected," correct?

So ... the Nazi opinion on Jews is correct? If we rationalize it by saying any interpretation is correct?

I never mentioned a single word about the nazis. Your attempt to distract fails.

And pray tell, how many different ways are there to take, "You are poison" (Hitchens) or, "You are certifiably mental" (Dawkins)?

Again, a non-sequitur to the point I was making. The way it's taken is not the point. It's the view of the book in question. The garbage in the bible being criticized by atheists and agnostics is no less than theists criticizing the writings of atheist and agnostic authors. The bible IS poison. Anything that attributes "divine right" to the kinds of things that are present in the bible is a sickness that screams for a cure. That cure is the elimination of religious power, at any level.

Tell me, is the interpretation that this actually, "Neh, for the Prophet Dawkins hath spoke that your mental health craziness is a sign of Superior Intellect."

What?! You're perfectly within your rights to criticize anything Dawkins/Hitchens/Harris or any other atheist author writes. However, atheists and agnostics have the exact same right, with respect to biblical conviction that "we" are going to "burn in hell." You like to play victim whenever anyone criticizes the bible or theism, in general, but feel perfectly authorized to make your own criticisms of people who oppose your view. You are an unequivocal hypocrite.

Obviously, some interpretation has clear and clarion bias, which is why we use things like peer review. And the Apologetic of melding Science and Faith? Yep, crosses all kinds of faith boundaries and is accepted and a generally accurate narrative.

You views also have "clear and clarion" (one of your favorite phrases) bias. There is no melding of science and faith. The two are mutually exclusive, because real science is completely devoid of faith. You can try all you'd like to hijack the discoveries of science in order to try to fortify you position of faith, but you will forever fail, because you haven't the critical faculties to fully understand what it is that you are trying to use.

Claiming things that are there ... are not there? Yep, not an accurate interpretation ... deliberately misleading in fact, a bit like saying Hitchens never addresses the Taliban. But he did. Thus the claim that he did not is simply false. Not merely a 'differing' opinion.

WTH are you babbling about? You really want to try to discredit your intellectual superiors, and you fail, at every turn. You don't have the cognitive capacity to even attempt any criticism of the likes of Hitchens or Dawkins. Don't try it again. I'm almost embarrassed FOR you (not quite, but almost).

I mean by all means, are you claiming that atheism has no potential nihilistic biases? That Christians MIGHT have some biases about atheism? Perhaps?

No, atheism is not nihilist. It's simply a rejection of your assertions. It's not a "worldview." It's not a philosophy. It's not a "faith." It's not a "religion." It's not a way of life. It's an answer to a single question. Atheists certainly do have biases about christians. And christians have biases about christians (and all other religions). The biases are not the issue. It's your hypocrisy. You defend EVERYTHING done/said/proposed by the church, and criticize EVERYTHING done/said/proposed by ANY atheist. You are completely one-sided, and you have absolutely no foundation for any of your assertions, and cry that we don't accept your assertions, without any reservation. Run off and find some more christian links to try to support your assertions, and be sure and cry about how I "personally attacked" you. You don't have anything other than your diatribe and rhetoric. You never present any viable evidence. You never offer anything other than crying about how atheists treat "you." You never offer anything other than a bunch of meaningless criticisms of something with which you claim you once agreed. Now that you are "converted," you've become a "reformed whore," and you want to belittle everything you claim that you once held to be true. You don't actually have the cognitive capacity to engage ANYONE on anything resembling an intellectual capacity. Make no mistake about this: I am not criticizing theists. I am criticizing you. If you ever provide anything other than a smattering of "points" based on nothing but your own assertions and a bunch of meaningless christian links, I will be completely surprised.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 4:50:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 2:46:54 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:

I never mentioned a single word about the nazis. Your attempt to distract fails.

So biases are OK, as long as you don't disprove them by actually applying them and demonstrating that its asinine.

You don't need to mention Nazis discussing Jews - I did. To demonstrate the absurdity of highly biased atheists answering questions for Christians.

That you would apply such a naked double standard is exactly the point. Or is there something wrong with Christians answering questions addressed to them? Not atheists?


Again, a non-sequitur to the point I was making. The way it's taken is not the point. It's the view of the book in question. The garbage in the bible being criticized by atheists and agnostics is no less than theists criticizing the writings of atheist and agnostic authors. The bible IS poison. Anything that attributes "divine right" to the kinds of things that are present in the bible is a sickness that screams for a cure. That cure is the elimination of religious power, at any level.

Unless of course the criticism of atheism is accurate, and the criticism of the Bible is not - as I believe I aptly demonstrated.

If you believe that my views of Hitchens are off, you are free to challenge and debunk them as I did dee-um.

Simply stating that everyone criticizes does not mean all criticism is equal - and New Atheism, as the press calls it, leaves a lot to be criticized.


What?! You're perfectly within your rights to criticize anything Dawkins/Hitchens/Harris or any other atheist author writes. However, atheists and agnostics have the exact same right, with respect to biblical conviction that "we" are going to "burn in hell." You like to play victim whenever anyone criticizes the bible or theism, in general, but feel perfectly authorized to make your own criticisms of people who oppose your view. You are an unequivocal hypocrite.

You are not offering criticism when you false answer a question addressed to someone else's faith. And when corrected, and the obvious biases are demonstrated in the clearly douchey response? Whatever are you doing attempting to defend a false answer as 'just criticism'.

Again, Nazis criticize the Jews too - their BS was just that. When you call them out on their bigotry, the idea that someone would say, "Well, you Jews are clearly victimizing those Nazi guys - its a two way street," is ridiculous.

If atheists want to fire off inaccuracies about someone else's faith - they can and will be called on it. They aren't victims when they lie or are just so uneducated about the basics of theology that make fools out of themselves.

Making a fool out of oneself is not 'criticism'. Its deliberate inaccuracy. A form of bigotry.


You views also have "clear and clarion" (one of your favorite phrases) bias. There is no melding of science and faith.

Well, that is your faith statement, and one that conflicts with facts. Again, a form of bigotry.

WTF are you to tell me that I cannot follow science if I have faith? Plenty of scientists do.

Again, this is why YOU should not be speaking on a subject you know nothing about, and whose biases have poisoned YOUR objectivity - which is why I left YOUR faith.


WTH are you babbling about?

And so the emotion comes. Dee-um (which apparently in your haughtiness you did not read) made claims that were inaccurate - provable so. But atheist omerta? Can't call him out? The correction of the false statement must be attacked instead?

So if religious people cannot have science, does that mean atheists have no ethics?


No, atheism is not nihilist. It's simply a rejection of your assertions.

There are plenty of nihilistic atheists, and dee-um is one. Frankly, I could give one rats behind about whether you claim atheism is a worldview of a religion or whatever - if it driving you to make inaccurate claims about world religions - then its just subjective trash.

By all means, please keep pretending that you are not anti-religious - we'll by your claims rather than your actions because we silly religious people are just stupid.

When someone among your ranks makes a mistake, or a deliberate lie, about our faith, we will correct it. Whether you like it or not.
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2014 7:23:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 4:50:22 PM, neutral wrote:

I never mentioned a single word about the nazis. Your attempt to distract fails.

So biases are OK, as long as you don't disprove them by actually applying them and demonstrating that its asinine.

No, retard, biases are virtually unavoidable. The fact of the matter is that you can't see past your own nose. You criticize everything that contradicts your view, and claim victimization whenever your view gets criticized. Too bad you're such a crybaby.

You don't need to mention Nazis discussing Jews - I did. To demonstrate the absurdity of highly biased atheists answering questions for Christians.

No, you mentioned them because they are extreme, and you actually thought it did something to support your position. You were wrong.

That you would apply such a naked double standard is exactly the point. Or is there something wrong with Christians answering questions addressed to them? Not atheists?

YOUR double standard was the point. There's nothing wrong with ANYONE answering questions addressed to them. You don't answer questions, though. You accuse, denigrate, and whine a lot.


Again, a non-sequitur to the point I was making. The way it's taken is not the point. It's the view of the book in question. The garbage in the bible being criticized by atheists and agnostics is no less than theists criticizing the writings of atheist and agnostic authors. The bible IS poison. Anything that attributes "divine right" to the kinds of things that are present in the bible is a sickness that screams for a cure. That cure is the elimination of religious power, at any level.

Unless of course the criticism of atheism is accurate, and the criticism of the Bible is not - as I believe I aptly demonstrated.

No, you did not demonstrate anything. Criticism of the bible is quite accurate. Criticism of atheism generally comes from theistic whiners, and usually rests on a foundation of zero merit. You are the prime example of exactly that which you most adamantly criticize.

If you believe that my views of Hitchens are off, you are free to challenge and debunk them as I did dee-um.

But you have not yet refuted anything he has stated. You have only complained about it. If you wish to have someone "debunk" you, you must first offer an opposing view, with some foundation... You have yet to do that.

Simply stating that everyone criticizes does not mean all criticism is equal - and New Atheism, as the press calls it, leaves a lot to be criticized.

Old christianity leaves even more to be desired. Eveyone does criticize. Not all criticism is equal, and you are not qualified to criticize anything or anyone.

What?! You're perfectly within your rights to criticize anything Dawkins/Hitchens/Harris or any other atheist author writes. However, atheists and agnostics have the exact same right, with respect to biblical conviction that "we" are going to "burn in hell." You like to play victim whenever anyone criticizes the bible or theism, in general, but feel perfectly authorized to make your own criticisms of people who oppose your view. You are an unequivocal hypocrite.

You are not offering criticism when you false answer a question addressed to someone else's faith. And when corrected, and the obvious biases are demonstrated in the clearly douchey response? Whatever are you doing attempting to defend a false answer as 'just criticism'.

No false answer has been offered. You have not offered a correction, either.

Again, Nazis criticize the Jews too - their BS was just that. When you call them out on their bigotry, the idea that someone would say, "Well, you Jews are clearly victimizing those Nazi guys - its a two way street," is ridiculous.

Nazis were christian. The catholic church has also criticized the Jew. IN fact, they have spent centuries PERSECUTING them. Further, your extreme "restatement" and false presentation of other people's words do absolutely nothing to improve your position. You're still wrong, and you still have absolutely nothing of value to offer, in refutation.

If atheists want to fire off inaccuracies about someone else's faith - they can and will be called on it. They aren't victims when they lie or are just so uneducated about the basics of theology that make fools out of themselves.

Theists will be called on the same act of which you just issued a blanket accusation of all atheists. Theists aren't victims under the exact same circumstances,either. You, however, seem to think that they are. The only fool I see on this forum is you.

Making a fool out of oneself is not 'criticism'. Its deliberate inaccuracy. A form of bigotry.

I know of nothing more bigoted than monotheistic religion. Never has there been not is there now. Hopefully, the future will usher in a society free from the grip of religious superstition. We can only hope.

You views also have "clear and clarion" (one of your favorite phrases) bias. There is no melding of science and faith.

Well, that is your faith statement, and one that conflicts with facts. Again, a form of bigotry.

I have no faith. You wouldn't know facts if they reached up and bit you on your butt. Your bigotry makes you incapable admitting your own bigotry, seeing only that which you find offensive. Your accusation means nothing.

WTF are you to tell me that I cannot follow science if I have faith? Plenty of scientists do.

Yes, but science and faith are mutually exclusive, and you are not a scientist. What do you know of science? Nothing.

Again, this is why YOU should not be speaking on a subject you know nothing about, and whose biases have poisoned YOUR objectivity - which is why I left YOUR faith.

You have no place telling anyone that they should or should not speak on ANY topic. You are not intellectually qualified. My objectivity is fine. Yours, however, is virtually nonexistent. I don't have a faith for you to have left, and faith is all you have. Faith is all you'll ever have.

WTH are you babbling about?

And so the emotion comes. Dee-um (which apparently in your haughtiness you did not read) made claims that were inaccurate - provable so. But atheist omerta? Can't call him out? The correction of the false statement must be attacked instead?

You're asserting me of emotional injection? You're nothing BUT emotion. Not once have I ever seen you offer up any facts or evidence to support any position you have ever put forth. You issue no corrections. YOu only whine about what you can't refute.

So if religious people cannot have science, does that mean atheists have no ethics?

Non-religious people have both science AND ethics. It is religion that is devoid of both.

No, atheism is not nihilist. It's simply a rejection of your assertions.

There are plenty of nihilistic atheists, and dee-um is one. Frankly, I could give one rats behind about whether you claim atheism is a worldview of a religion or whatever - if it driving you to make inaccurate claims about world religions - then its just subjective trash.

By all means, please keep pretending that you are not anti-religious - we'll by your claims rather than your actions because we silly religious people are just stupid.

I am anti-religious. No pretending.

When someone among your ranks makes a mistake, or a deliberate lie, about our faith, we will correct it. Whether you like it or not.

Maybe one day you'll have the intellectual capacity to offer up a valid refutation of something someone criticizes. Today is not that day.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 1:21:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 5:06:27 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:29:58 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:10:12 AM, frbnsn wrote:

- nothing about solar systems
- nothing about comets
- nothing about meteors
- nothing about other galaxies
- nothing about nebulae
- nothing about supernovas being exploding stars
- nothing about neutron stars
- nothing about black holes
- nothing about the expansion of space


As you can see, the atheist is just plane wrong:

God "stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. (Isaiah 40:22)
Oh, why don't we have a look at the whole verse?

(Isaiah 40:22) "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:"

In the context of this verse, there's an interesting point in regard to the shape of the Earth - it's not a circle. A "circle" is a flat round 2-dimensional shape. The Earth - by contrast - is a spheroid. And if we look to the Hebrew, we find the verse uses the word "chwug" which does mean a "circle", rather than the word "dur" which means "sphere" or "ball-shaped". And the word "dur" is used in other parts of the Bible, but not in describing the shape of the Earth.

So your prophet who conveyed his "message from God", thought that the Earth was flat.

So the atheist was just plain right. And the heavens stretching out like a curtain, doesn't describe an expanding universe. How many curtains just keep stretching, and stretching and stretching? But what it does do, is completely confirm that the author thought Earth was flat - as tents aren't made to be erected on spheres. They're intended to be erected on relatively flat surfaces.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 3:57:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 7:23:44 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:50:22 PM, neutral wrote:

I never mentioned a single word about the nazis. Your attempt to distract fails.

So biases are OK, as long as you don't disprove them by actually applying them and demonstrating that its asinine.

No, retard, biases are virtually unavoidable. The fact of the matter is that you can't see past your own nose. You criticize everything that contradicts your view, and claim victimization whenever your view gets criticized. Too bad you're such a crybaby.

You don't need to mention Nazis discussing Jews - I did. To demonstrate the absurdity of highly biased atheists answering questions for Christians.

No, you mentioned them because they are extreme, and you actually thought it did something to support your position. You were wrong.

That you would apply such a naked double standard is exactly the point. Or is there something wrong with Christians answering questions addressed to them? Not atheists?

YOUR double standard was the point.

So, speaking of double standards, you are sitting stating that criticism is allowed - but apparently only one way... correct retard? Is that acceptable or just acerbic flame bait we religious people have come to expect from our vocal but rarely relevant critics?

When an atheist incorrectly answers a question about someone else's faith, it makes perfect sense to point out the error and the biases that drove that. To disgree, acerbically, is silly. To note that this is common bias is ALSO quite allowable and logical.

Neither of which yuo disagree with - even as you are disagreeing? Makes perfect sense.

Now as we talk about criticism, one of the common criticism's of atheists is arrogance. That, for whatever reason, you guys lurch into religious discussions with a holier than though attitude (witness dee-um's comment) and then are shocked an offended when corrected by the very people who Lord yourselves over - as if religious people with intellect is so great a surprise that you simply cannot wrap your obviously superior brains around.

So if you are going to lecture others about biases, you migt want to examing your first - before calling people retarded for pointing our and correcting the obvious bias that dron dee-um's incorrect response.

Seriously, if correcting egregious portrayal of our theology drive YOU to call people retarded? Maybe you need to exmaine that before you criticize out theology incorrectly anymore.

Feel free to do the typical atheist thing and just hurl more insults now.

Correcting DELIBERATE misinformation about OUR theology is OUR double standards? Atheists.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 4:00:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/15/2014 1:21:36 AM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/14/2014 5:06:27 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:29:58 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:10:12 AM, frbnsn wrote:

- nothing about solar systems
- nothing about comets
- nothing about meteors
- nothing about other galaxies
- nothing about nebulae
- nothing about supernovas being exploding stars
- nothing about neutron stars
- nothing about black holes
- nothing about the expansion of space


As you can see, the atheist is just plane wrong:

God "stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. (Isaiah 40:22)
Oh, why don't we have a look at the whole verse?

(Isaiah 40:22) "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:"

In the context of this verse, there's an interesting point in regard to the shape of the Earth - it's not a circle. A "circle" is a flat round 2-dimensional shape. The Earth - by contrast - is a spheroid. And if we look to the Hebrew, we find the verse uses the word "chwug" which does mean a "circle", rather than the word "dur" which means "sphere" or "ball-shaped". And the word "dur" is used in other parts of the Bible, but not in describing the shape of the Earth.

So your prophet who conveyed his "message from God", thought that the Earth was flat.

So the atheist was just plain right. And the heavens stretching out like a curtain, doesn't describe an expanding universe. How many curtains just keep stretching, and stretching and stretching? But what it does do, is completely confirm that the author thought Earth was flat - as tents aren't made to be erected on spheres. They're intended to be erected on relatively flat surfaces.

That is the most rediculously extreme interpretation I have ever seen. A circle OBVIOUSLY refers to the flat earth. That is what Satanists see?

Again, see deliberate biases and why atheists/satanists should not be trusted to be accurately assessing the claims of the Bible - particularly those, just like the Nazis with Jews, whose goals are to undermine it by any means necessary.

Is there any point in pretending that this is not biased? A Bible verse never quoted by an atheist is support of aperfectly functional and reasonable interpretation is taken to unsupportable extreme by a Satanist ... and of course, HIS extreme interpretation is the correct one.

Again, that is why questions directed to Christians should be answered by Christians, and not the prejudiced nihilists in our midst.
bulproof
Posts: 25,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 4:27:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The question was in regard to a book and in no way related anyone's religion.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 5:00:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/15/2014 4:27:32 AM, bulproof wrote:
The question was in regard to a book and in no way related anyone's religion.

Right, the Bible is no way related to any religion whatsoever.

Thank you for stalking again.
bulproof
Posts: 25,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 5:11:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 4:10:12 AM, frbnsn wrote:
I am not a Christian and I think, in a holy book(written by god) must be mentioned the universe.
So I wondered if in the bible, there is something about that and where,how:



No religion, no theology. Just asking what a book says?

Do you really have that level of comprehension?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 5:17:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/15/2014 5:11:16 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:10:12 AM, frbnsn wrote:
I am not a Christian and I think, in a holy book(written by god) must be mentioned the universe.
So I wondered if in the bible, there is something about that and where,how:



No religion, no theology. Just asking what a book says?

Do you really have that level of comprehension?

Yeah the Bible is associated with WHICH religion?

And the part you are deliberately avoiding in typical flame stalk mode? Right, "Iam not a Christian, this is a HOLY book," what does it have to say about ...

And of course, correcting your DELIBERATE misinterpretation, which is the same think you did to Mad yesterday in another thread, is of course just an excuse for you to again abusively claim that someone has a comprehension problem?

YOUR deliberate misapplication? YOUR deliberate silliness about in just being a book with no religious connection?

No, its just ANOTHER set up for you flame again. Its why I keep asking yo to stay away from me. Feel free to argue that you just popped in without responding to me technically, just popped into the conversation right after me ... where, as we see, its just the typical set up for flame again.
bulproof
Posts: 25,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 5:59:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/15/2014 5:17:00 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/15/2014 5:11:16 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:10:12 AM, frbnsn wrote:
I am not a Christian and I think, in a holy book(written by god) must be mentioned the universe.
So I wondered if in the bible, there is something about that and where,how:



No religion, no theology. Just asking what a book says?

Do you really have that level of comprehension?

Yeah the Bible is associated with WHICH religion?

And the part you are deliberately avoiding in typical flame stalk mode? Right, "Iam not a Christian, this is a HOLY book," what does it have to say about ...

And of course, correcting your DELIBERATE misinterpretation, which is the same think you did to Mad yesterday in another thread, is of course just an excuse for you to again abusively claim that someone has a comprehension problem?

YOUR deliberate misapplication? YOUR deliberate silliness about in just being a book with no religious connection?

No, its just ANOTHER set up for you flame again. Its why I keep asking yo to stay away from me. Feel free to argue that you just popped in without responding to me technically, just popped into the conversation right after me ... where, as we see, its just the typical set up for flame again.

ABSOLUTELY nothing you said and or claimed in this post is based in reality.

The OP has nothing to do with religion, anybody who claims that can either not read or is a liar.

I have made no misinterpretation, no misapplication, no silliness whether deliberate or not.

As usual I leave that to the expert, you.

Once again there is no abuse coming from this side of an erstwhile "discussion", or any flaming, your insecurity and continual accusations of flaming, abuse and insults against everybody who disagrees with you is getting incredibly tiresome for those of us capable of holding intelligent discussions.

I would appreciate it if, during you vitriolic attacks on me and others, you didn't falsely accuse the rest of us of your disrespectful behaviour.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 6:05:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/15/2014 5:59:43 AM, bulproof wrote:

I would appreciate it if, during you vitriolic attacks on me and others, you didn't falsely accuse the rest of us of your disrespectful behaviour.

Then stay the hell away from me rather than stalking me. Like the mods have asked you to do.

Problem solved.
bulproof
Posts: 25,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 6:11:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/15/2014 6:05:20 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/15/2014 5:59:43 AM, bulproof wrote:

I would appreciate it if, during you vitriolic attacks on me and others, you didn't falsely accuse the rest of us of your disrespectful behaviour.

Then stay the hell away from me rather than stalking me. Like the mods have asked you to do.

Problem solved.

If I continue to tell you that no mods have ever either requested or ordered me to stay away from you will you eventually understand?

Pathetic attempt at avoiding the post BTW.

Oh you probably won't considering how often you've been told what theism is, you still get that wrong.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 6:16:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/15/2014 6:11:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/15/2014 6:05:20 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/15/2014 5:59:43 AM, bulproof wrote:

I would appreciate it if, during you vitriolic attacks on me and others, you didn't falsely accuse the rest of us of your disrespectful behaviour.

Then stay the hell away from me rather than stalking me. Like the mods have asked you to do.

Problem solved.

If I continue to tell you that no mods have ever either requested or ordered me to stay away from you will you eventually understand?

Pathetic attempt at avoiding the post BTW.

Oh you probably won't considering how often you've been told what theism is, you still get that wrong.

You are lying. Period.

And if you hate being insulted by me - stop following me around. Stop deliberately misquoting multiple posters. Stop acerbically taking the opposite of any position so you can set people up for stupid insulst - which is odd that, according to the forum stalker, no religious person here seems capable of basic comprehension.

Again, if you simply avoided me, the problem would be solved. But you can't. You just can't stay away or control yourself.

If after several months of telling every Christian on teh forum what atheism is and everyone but you is still getting it wrong? It might just be because its an inane set uup for you attack people.

Just stay away troll. Problem solved.
bulproof
Posts: 25,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 6:30:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/15/2014 6:16:12 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/15/2014 6:11:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/15/2014 6:05:20 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/15/2014 5:59:43 AM, bulproof wrote:

I would appreciate it if, during you vitriolic attacks on me and others, you didn't falsely accuse the rest of us of your disrespectful behaviour.

Then stay the hell away from me rather than stalking me. Like the mods have asked you to do.

Problem solved.

If I continue to tell you that no mods have ever either requested or ordered me to stay away from you will you eventually understand?

Pathetic attempt at avoiding the post BTW.

Oh you probably won't considering how often you've been told what theism is, you still get that wrong.

You are lying. Period.

And if you hate being insulted by me - stop following me around. Stop deliberately misquoting multiple posters. Stop acerbically taking the opposite of any position so you can set people up for stupid insulst - which is odd that, according to the forum stalker, no religious person here seems capable of basic comprehension.

Again, if you simply avoided me, the problem would be solved. But you can't. You just can't stay away or control yourself.

If after several months of telling every Christian on teh forum what atheism is and everyone but you is still getting it wrong? It might just be because its an inane set uup for you attack people.

Just stay away troll. Problem solved.

It really does take a lot of telling for you to never get it, I'm sorry for you in that regard.

This is a public forum in which you continually misrepresent almost every poster that confronts you, you also misrepresent the catholic religious beliefs you claim to follow, you abuse and insult most posters on here, you accuse most posters of abusing and insulting you despite the fact that almost none ever have.

As is my right on a public forum I will confront you on these behaviours whether it makes you cry or not.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 7:58:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/15/2014 3:57:25 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/14/2014 7:23:44 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:50:22 PM, neutral wrote:

I never mentioned a single word about the nazis. Your attempt to distract fails.

So biases are OK, as long as you don't disprove them by actually applying them and demonstrating that its asinine.

No, retard, biases are virtually unavoidable. The fact of the matter is that you can't see past your own nose. You criticize everything that contradicts your view, and claim victimization whenever your view gets criticized. Too bad you're such a crybaby.

You don't need to mention Nazis discussing Jews - I did. To demonstrate the absurdity of highly biased atheists answering questions for Christians.

No, you mentioned them because they are extreme, and you actually thought it did something to support your position. You were wrong.

That you would apply such a naked double standard is exactly the point. Or is there something wrong with Christians answering questions addressed to them? Not atheists?

YOUR double standard was the point.

So, speaking of double standards, you are sitting stating that criticism is allowed - but apparently only one way... correct retard? Is that acceptable or just acerbic flame bait we religious people have come to expect from our vocal but rarely relevant critics?

Seriously? You call me a retard in the first sentence, and then cry about "flame bait" in the second. You really don't even realize what an hypocrite you are, do you?

When an atheist incorrectly answers a question about someone else's faith, it makes perfect sense to point out the error and the biases that drove that. To disgree, acerbically, is silly. To note that this is common bias is ALSO quite allowable and logical.

It would be, if the atheist answers incorrectly, yes. Show me where that happened. Then turn around and prove that the "majority" of christians disagree with that incorrect answer. You seem to make a lot of assumptions, as well... You also make incorrect statements about what atheism "is" and "is not" when you call it faith, and make preposterous allegations about what atheists "always do" and "always say."
And will you PLEASE learn to proofread or at least pick up a dictionary before posting? You misuse words too often, trying to "sound intelligent."

Neither of which yuo disagree with - even as you are disagreeing? Makes perfect sense.

This one you'll have to explain.

Now as we talk about criticism, one of the common criticism's of atheists is arrogance. That, for whatever reason, you guys lurch into religious discussions with a holier than though attitude (witness dee-um's comment) and then are shocked an offended when corrected by the very people who Lord yourselves over - as if religious people with intellect is so great a surprise that you simply cannot wrap your obviously superior brains around.

These are the paragraphs that make you sound A) like a crybaby, and B) uneducated.

So if you are going to lecture others about biases, you migt want to examing your first - before calling people retarded for pointing our and correcting the obvious bias that dron dee-um's incorrect response.

I didn't lecture. I was pointing out the hypocrisy in your lecture. I'm the one that stated that we all bring a bias to this discussion and this forum. You're the only one who will not admit your own, while raging against any who disagree with you.

Seriously, if correcting egregious portrayal of our theology drive YOU to call people retarded? Maybe you need to exmaine that before you criticize out theology incorrectly anymore.

No. You do it all the time, and I have yet to criticize "YOUR" theology incorrectly.

Feel free to do the typical atheist thing and just hurl more insults now.

It is you that began with the insults (remember calling me a retard, above?)... More diatribe, more rhetoric, and more emotional whining.

Correcting DELIBERATE misinformation about OUR theology is OUR double standards? Atheists.
You just don't get it. You never will. You want to play victim, and point fingers, all at the same time. You may not. Martyrdom denied.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 8:04:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/15/2014 7:58:46 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:

Seriously? You call me a retard in the first sentence, and then cry about "flame bait" in the second. You really don't even realize what an hypocrite you are, do you?


No, actually I called you a retard because you called me that, among other insults, and I was making a point. Its unhelpful. How is it that you couldnot notice yourself calling someone a retard, and then immediately flame into full throttle when called one in reply?

That it feel on deaf and hypocritical ears is the norm when dealing with atheists.

I mean how shocking is in that a simple correction of a factually incorrect statement has degenerated into a name calling contest devoid of anything but hurt feelings.

And a question about our holy book needs to degenerate to this level?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 8:58:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/14/2014 4:10:12 AM, frbnsn wrote:
I am not a Christian and I think, in a holy book(written by god) must be mentioned the universe.
So I wondered if in the bible, there is something about that and where,how:

Yes. Genesis 1:1, where we are simply told that ther heavens, in other words the universe, and the earth were created. No mention of when, how long it took or anything else about it.

But then that's all we need..
bulproof
Posts: 25,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2014 9:19:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/15/2014 8:58:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/14/2014 4:10:12 AM, frbnsn wrote:
I am not a Christian and I think, in a holy book(written by god) must be mentioned the universe.
So I wondered if in the bible, there is something about that and where,how:

Yes. Genesis 1:1, where we are simply told that ther heavens, in other words the universe, and the earth were created. No mention of when, how long it took or anything else about it.

But then that's all we need..

hahahahahaha........................yep.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin